Page 5 of 44 
Username Post: Jan.~March Secret Sisters...closed for this round        (Topic#1583319)
scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:

I don't create "new year's" resolutions, but only because I already have a bunch of personal goals I'm working on. I use New year's as a reason to recommit to those goals and recharge my motivation.

Well said Tina! Same is true for me. I love the fresh start the new year provides.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to scrapbrarian

Happy New Years eve ladies!!!!
Going to a house party tonight.

I'm the same about resolutions... There are things if like to do to better myself but not really any one single promise. My first goal is to get a full time teaching position withinf the school boards

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to Deb-doodle

Hi gals! I'm going to sit out this round but I'll pop in to chat every once in a while. I have a very expensive plane ticket to the UK to purchase in March so I need to save my pennies!

I hope everyone has a very safe and Happy New Year!
I'm off for a date with a bottle of Moscato and my Kindle.

grandmadora
Resident
grandmadora

I just got the droid maxx razr and LOVE it. The battery life is amazing, (that's the maxx part) and it's quick as can be.

I'm with Verizon, and it was free this week at best buy. WOOHOO!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to grandmadora

Happy 2013 everyone!...looking forward to getting my secret sister!....still confused- but reading!!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to MarciLB

ok I'm bored already lol

just finished watching Hunger Games on Dvd. Realized that I have not scrapped AT ALL this entire week+ I've been off. Just haven't had enough attention span.

sunshinexo
Expert
sunshinexo

JCI

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Andrea yay for a washer and dryer.

Thanks Rebecca me to

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to sunshinexo

Happy New Years!

I know I am a few hours early but DH and I have a horror movie marathon planned!

Today was a nice day. Andy took me to Benihanas for lunch and then we went to the Galleria and I bought a pair of UGG house shoes. The last pair I had lasted forever and were lost in the move The mall was crazy and we did not stay to long.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to littleMRSimelda

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Happy New Years eve ladies!!!!
Going to a house party tonight.

I'm the same about resolutions... There are things if like to do to better myself but not really any one single promise. My first goal is to get a full time teaching position withinf the school boards

here's to wishing that happens

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
Happy 2013 everyone!...looking forward to getting my secret sister!....still confused- but reading!!!

What are you confused about

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to TrishaLouise

Andrea: I hear you on the laundry.
My new/replacement dryer came Saturday. I thought I was going to start crying because I was so happy. Lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Yay Trisha for new years and enjoy time with andy

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to babigirl

who is who!---so many people writing and trying to remember--well I am too old for the remembering part but hopefully some of it will register!!!!!!!!!lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to MarciLB

Lol it takes a Lil while I still get confused sometimes

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

You'll catch on Marci. You're Marci, I'm Debdoodle. LOL! Are you younger than us 56ers? Rachel, Suzi, Rebecca and I all all 56 or almost 56. I just 'turned' in December. I think we're the oldies but goldies here. And I have the picture to prove the goldie part. LOL!!

I've got the grands tonight and just put the youngest, Drake down to bed. Brooke and Shane have already passed out. We had fireworks and they really like that.

I also did the pork, greens and black eyed peas for dinner. I don't really believe the tradition, but why take any chances? LOL!

I don't really make any resolutions either. I never stick to them so why bother?

So I did let Misty go. I got all of my equipment back, gave her her final pay check along with her 1099!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
who is who!---so many people writing and trying to remember--well I am too old for the remembering part but hopefully some of it will register!!!!!!!!!lol

I remember the first round I played, I actually kept a spreadsheet of the girls...relationship status, husbands names, kids names, jobs, etc. I think there were over 50 girls signed up that round.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

I think that was the round we had 64 girls Rosita. I remember because I had to take over when Kristy got sick.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

wow that was a massive group. must have made it a lot harder to figure out who had who for big and little sisters! It must have taken Kimberly twice as long to figure out her big sis - 20 seconds instead of 10! lol

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Tina, it was a daily pain!!!! We had so many flakers that round. I was writing pm's for hours on a daily basis!!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

that is awful Deb......I dont get why anyone would bother to sign up then!!!...

the 56ers group huh???....can a 57er enter??!!! lol!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

In the room creating this is my first card hope its not to bad

birthday card By Babigirl

Edited by babigirl on 01-01-13 10:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to babigirl

I'd like to think that most "flakers" don't start out intending to do that - that stuff comes up, life gets in the way, etc. But I wouldn't entirely be surprised if some people sign up just to see how much they can get out of people, without following through on their end of the swap.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Happy 1st day of the new year!

Tina: I agree with you. I do not think most of the swappers plan on flaking. Life happens

Marci: Welcome! You are going to enjoy swapping and getting to know the ladies here.

Shatema: Great card! That is one of my favorite TH dies. How is your baby girl doing? Is her daddy still being a turkey?

My day is full of packing up the Christmas decorations and unpacking. I might even throw in a couple of loads of laundry today:)
Andy is smoking ribs and I have black eyed peas on. Should make for a yummy dinner.

amabear62
Resident
amabear62

I love the way Shatema did the Christmas swap records. I think it keeps you on your toes when you see your sister is the only one not receiving a package. Maybe that would work here! Just suggesting.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

trisha thankss and no he has came to see her three times in the last week

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

layout for no pic challenge

jan no pic challenge By Babigirl

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to babigirl

Shatema: Your card has inspired me to do something creative with birds today

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I am not good at following thru with resolutions but I did make a goal of becoming more organized.
I started today by cleaning out my storage room and feel great about it. If that's all I get done this year, I will be more organized than last year-LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Marci it takes a while to figure out who's who and what's what. I'm sure that the many of us chatting and not playing doesn't help either:)
I too had a spread sheet my first round.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to tinadn

another birthday card

birthday card By Babigirl

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to amabear62

• amabear62 Said:
I love the way Shatema did the Christmas swap records. I think it keeps you on your toes when you see your sister is the only one not receiving a package. Maybe that would work here! Just suggesting.

Aww thanks Annette y'all was an easy bunch to work with I can't take all the credit I had an amazing do host.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• TrishaLouise Said:
Shatema: Your card has inspired me to do something creative with birds today

Yayyy

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to babigirl

JCI

MARCI - Soon enough you will get to know these ladies, and their ups and downs, their laughter, their tears. By the way, don't ever just 'JCI' and leave, NIKILYNN will get you.

SHATEMA - Lovely cards, keep up the creativity!

I don't do resolutions don't believe in them.

Will be doing New Year's dinner on Thursday, hubby is off then. I'm making a Czech meal this year DH is fourth generation Czech, and he knows nothing about it. I always make steak pie, roast potatoes and two veg with gravy, but it's nice to have a change every once in a while.

See you ladies later

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to babigirl

Happy NEw year to all my friends here!

I am a big fan of the iphone...so that would be my advisement...but I like to get to know a phone and then stick with it...if you like the thrill of learning all new things, the iphone might not be your best bet.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to thinkpink22

I worked yesterday and today and then the school job starts back tomorrow which is just going to be so tired. I already feel like a truck ran over me.

I might get sisters out tomorrow but most likely it won't be until Thursday. I am missing a lot of surveys and I also need to make sure I added everyone, so PLEASE check the front page and see if your name is added in, and if you haven't sent the survey, please get them to me. If I don't hear from you, I'll pm you and see if you still intended to participate and once I have all the responses, I'll get the sisters out! I promise!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to sasload4

Maybe we should help out the new girls with some basics:

Tina
Recently engaged to: Jason

Have been together: 6 years come February

Met: on match.com (I contacted him)

Jason comes with: an Amazon parrot named Kiwi, who treats me like "the other woman" and be sure you will hear a variety of stories about her

My personality: witty, sassy

job: college student advisor, just had 10 year anniversary of current job

Ironic story: I've been doing this swap (or just chatting) for several years now, so many of the women know that I never intended to get marry, and neither did Jason, in fact we were both staunchly against it, for a variety of reasons. Over the last couple of years, I have been reconsidering that stance, and in 2012, worked up the nerve to ask Jason to marry me. I even bought him his wedding band in advance as his "engagement" ring (he's only getting the one ring). He just gave me my engagement ring at Christmas. We're getting married May 4, 2013, in a party at his sister's house, with a Justice of the Peace (another day, I'll tell you about wanting to get married at a funeral home lol).

Edited by Tina scraps on 01-01-13 02:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Thanks Sandra

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

OK I'll introduce me.

My name is Shatema. I recently left my husband long story. I have known these girls for 10 months and they are awesome. I have one daughter keke who I adore. Umm my personality is very nice kind but I can be men if needs be. And I work in a prison as a security guard

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Okay...
these people need to turn in survey's tomorrow please or pm me if you changed your mind about participating...

Nikilynn
Tres
Trisha
Victoria

Also PLEASE check the front page to make sure your name is listed and I didn't forget anyone. I am human and I do make LOADS of mistakes so please help!

The listing sisters who received or not is a nice idea in theory but for this round, Rebecca is working so many hours, and I'm working two jobs plus the kids at home...I don't have time for keeping up with that. Maybe next round someone else would like to hostess that would be able to do that cause I agree, it would be a good way to do it. I'm just not able to keep up with that. If you have any issues though with you not getting your packages, pm me or Rebecca and we will take care of that right away for you.

Hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the start of an exciting new year! 2013 is going to ROCK....I just can feel it!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

another card

birthdsy card By Babigirl

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Kimberly I don't want to take over hosting but I can keep a record of who hasn't and have received a post at the end of each month if u like

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to babigirl

Speaking of Nikilynn and Tres, I haven't seen them for awhile. Victoria either.

Had a busy busy day with the grands. Shane and I made breakfast then played outside. I took them to so The Hobbit in 3D which was good but Drake, the almost 2 year old started getting a little antsy and Brooke lost interest so we left early. The mall we were at had a carnival so we went there and rode a few rides. The last one Brooke and Shane rode made them sick so we came home. After their showers the felt a little better and finally ate dinner. Their mom and dad should be here in the next hour or so to pick the up at which time I will shower and tuck myself into bed and watch some TV in the 'oh so blissful' quiet!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Summary of Debdoodle for the new girls.

I'm currently single and by that I mean no married. My husband of 23 years died 2 years ago in December. The girls in the swap were an amazing support system for me. A fact that I will be forever grateful for. I love them!! Each and every one of them!!!

I dated my high school sweetheart for about 6 or 7 months but found it just wasn't there for me. Plus I got such flack from my bff about him. We had a running joke on here for awhile about heuuuuuummmm. (what my bff from Alabama called him).

I am currently dating a wonderful man named John. We've been dating for just over a year. The lease on his apartment is up in April I think it is and we will see if we want to move in together. If we don't, or if he doesn't it will be time for me to move on. At this time though, I am so loving living by myself that I'm not sure which direction I want to go. It would be nice to have help with the bills, but I can't imagine having a full time live in boyfriend for that purpose alone. I'm up in the air about it all.

I have 2 sons. Dane who will be 33 this month. He has a wife named Brigitte (Bree) , three adorable kids, Shane whos' 8, Brooke who's 6 and Drake who will be 2 in February.

My other son is Jarrod who is 31. He just moved in with his girlfriend about 10 months ago. Her name is Teresa and she has 2 kids, Rhys who's 12 and Amelia who's almost 6.

I've had a post construction cleaning company for the past 25 years and truly love it. Other than the stress it sometimes causes. I can't think of anything I'd rather do though. Most of the time. LOL!! Well, other than scrapping.

Okay, that more than anyone ever wanted to know about me. But there it is. Personality?? I'm not sure what or where I'd label myself. Sexy, sassy and full of it.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Hope you all had a great first day of the brand New Year!

I spent the day with my Mama as is our longstanding tradition. We hit some after Christmas sales, spent our "Kohl's cash" and had a lovely meal out. Michael spent the day watching Bowl games with his cousins, as is his longstanding tradition.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

What a great idea (said the new girl!lol)..I am loving these mini-intros--helps a lot...please please please continue!!!!!

Hi My name is Marci and I am married a 2nd time for almost 14 years to a really wonderful caring man, but he has so many health issues (stemming from failed back surgery) and really tries to work through them...I have one son, Kevin from my 1st marriage who is 28. I have 2 steps, 1 is married with 2 children-I had thought I'd be a "faux" g-mom since there are 2 REAL g-moms..but heck--I fell in LOVE and I am just as much a real g-mom if not more (that's Brian in the pic with me!)--I babysit 1 day a week for them and the 3 year old just adores me and vise-versa!!(the other is only 4 mos-give him time!!! lol)...I work very part-time (maybe 20-25 hours per month) and I volunteer for Meals on wheels 1 day per week but I do more for a few of the home bound people on the side....
One more thing...I am only a red head for the past 3 mos--it will change back soon!
well--I'd rather hear about you......!!!!
so who is next?????

(Congrats Tina!!!!!!!!!)

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

I am Rebecca

Married to Michael (for 31.5 years)

Work as a library administrator, in the single busiest public library facility in the state of Michigan (for the past 33 years)

I have lived in the same house for 31 years

I am kinda boring I fear!

I've been part of this group since January 2009 and have made some wonderful friends here as a result. I have been very blessed to have meet nearly a dozen gals from this site IRL! My lovely co-hostess Kimberly, who I often call Sweet Pink, comes to visit me at least once a year for a scrapping week!

I mostly read and post but don't usually swap anymore, as dh and I are committed to paying off our debt working the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace program. I am happy to report that we have made some great progress in the last 2 years!

Besides scrapbooking, which is a huge passion for me ... I love travel, reading and golfing and spending time with my awesome hubby.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Hi everyone!

I hope your New Year is starting off on the right foot! My 5 year old DD stayed up until 10:30pm last night and we had fun watching the NYE celebrations on the TV. DH, DS and MIL were all in bed by 9:30pm.

MIL has been here since Christmas Eve and the kids are having way too much fun playing with her and going out all the time. I need a break though...my scrapbook room isn't all neat and tidy and I should get that in gear.

Pink I sent in my survey a few minutes ago. Can't wait to start again.

Tina M congrats on the ring!

Trisha congrats on the new place.

A sweet hello to everyone else

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to parisdame

HI, I am Anette, still a newbie and a reader. I will try to post more this year.
This is my 3rd swap, I love buying as much as receiving.

I am 50 and single (forever it seems was marries and divorced ages ago). I have one son Race, 24 and an amazing tattoo artist in Atlanta, GA.He is the center of my world.

I have two pugs, Dasiy and Ziggy who really are the loves of my life.

I worked in a Scrapyard, Office manager and accounting for 30 years was laid off 2 years ago and became a Vendor, selling jewelry and craft items to fairs, bike rallies and craft shows traveling around the country.

I love to scrapbook and make crafts of everykind. I am a total MICKEY MOUSE FREAK!!! I go to Disney World every single chance I get.

Happy New Years Everyone!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to amabear62

I had a good time with Steve, Verizon guy, yesterday playing with the phones and let him convince me I would be so much happier with the iphone 5. So I have got it and have enjoyed playing with it. The best part is going to be able to Face Time with Abigail and all so soon Clara too.

DH isn't into the smartphones at all. He has a rough and tuff flip with an old fashion loud telephone ringer. But today he said he needed to switch channels to see what the score was on another ballgame. I said let me ask Siri. Oh he thought the quick response with the details that came up was sweeeet.

Trisha - glad to hear things are getting more settle in the new house.

Shatema - are you getting settle in too?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
that is awful Deb......I dont get why anyone would bother to sign up then!!!...

the 56ers group huh???....can a 57er enter??!!! lol!

Goodie I don't have to be the first one to turn 57 next year. I do remember a time when I was the youngest in a group.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Sassy Suzi

Marci - As you can see I am the nite owl. I don't work in a public job so I can stay up late alone to scrap and then sleep late. We have been in some swaps and challenges together recent months.

I do a lot with our church volunteering with the Wednesday night meals and bus ministry, making cards with my Golden Ladies at a retirement facility once a month and co-director of the Women's Ministry which is very active and what ever else I can do.

My daughter adopted a beautiful baby girl name Abigail born last February 27th. Four months later she finally got pregnant and little Clara, named after my daughter's Grandmother, is due February 12th. I spent as much time as I can going to OH to visit.

My youngest daughter, 29, is getting married maybe in March. So there is going to be a wedding planning going on on top of the new baby, going to be a busy 3 months.

Traveling time for dh and I after all this.

As everyone said this is a an amazing group of ladies that will laugh, cry, sass you, and pray for you. Last year started off terrible for us, but time, love of family and friends, and lots of prayers help the year to get better.

I also have a spoiled rotten to the core Malti-Poo that is 98% Poodle name Missy that I talk about sometimes. I tell dh she is our love child - he just shakes his head and rolls his eyes. We will be married 8 years in May and I really do have the very best husband, he is very good to me.

2013 is going to be an awesome year for us all. After all the world did not come to an end in Dec - really can't believe some people believed it would.

I still think we need to do another retreat and give Tina a wedding shower.

Getting the SS names is always so exciting. I can't wait for it to get started.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

I'm not a newbie but I'm loving all the mini intros.

My name is Imelda. I live in Canada and have been married for about a year and a half. Dh and I have two kids dd will Be 5 in march and Ds will be 3 in may. I currently work as a Spanish and English teacher through a church teaching to migrant workers, elementary kids and adults. I also work for dh. He owns a landscaping company so I have been in the office trying to get them organized. I won't be there much longer since dh is not a nice boss. Lol. Good luck to the poor girl I hire!!

I'd say my attitude is positive, sarcastic, genuine and honest. Wonder what Linda (my sister) would say?! Lol

I am 28 years old. My fav colors are pink and yellow and i love reality tv. I've known these ladies since August 2011

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to littleMRSimelda

Now Imelda you know your feathers get ruffle up once in a while. lol

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Morning everyone getting ready for work woohoo this is my last week full time as I start school soon.

Ok Mini intro on me

My Name is JANIE not Janice like Sandra calls me heheheh

Charisma is the name I would have used for my daughter if I had had a girl.

I am the mother of 5 boys my oldest is 24 he will be 25 in March my youngest is 8

I am not part of the 56er's club yet... I am 42 I was a teenage mom..

The regulars already know this situation so i will touch briefly on this so no questions are asked about my avatar or my siggie. My second son passed away 7 years ago he was 13 he would be going on 21 right now..

I am married to a younger man I am such a cougar ROAR!!! heheh he's 3 years younger than I am and he is my rock he is my soul mate. We have been together almost 13 years married almost 12

I live in Canada but i was born in Baltimore Maryland. I have Dual Citizenship...

My BFF happens to be in this swap with me Miss Trisha and I have gotten close over the years we have talked on the phone and we text regularly.. We are trying to figure out when we can meet in person

I think that's basically enough info for now if you want to know more just ask..

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to andrea m

Oh my goodness - I've been missing out on here as mum is so poorly and I've been spending time with her.

Note to self - start back top of p18

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to RachelUK

Oh Rachel I hope she gets better soon hun

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

I met Tina first, a few years ago, then went to the crop, and met a whole load of lovely girlfriends, then Suzette and Tina came to stay in the UK in September - and in between, we have the thread - its absolutely wonderful!

Wow, I must have slept through that visit to the UK! lmao

Oops - so sorry - it was Tres! I'm all at sixes and sevens!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Oh my goodness - I've been missing out on here as mum is so poorly and I've been spending time with her.

Note to self - start back top of p18

Rachel, I'm so sorry!!!What's going on? Spend as much time as you can with her. When are you supposed to start your new job?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Rebecca, is that date you gave the first year of the swap? I've lost track. I was in the first one and I know Rosita was too. I remember since she, Delaina and I were at the first retreat. That wasn't a good one. Too many snooty DT girls.

Rosita and I didn't know each other then. The second was so fun, and the third was the BEST!!!

The girls I've met on here in real life are:

Rebecca, Rosita, Suzi, Rachel, Tres, Tina M., Pink, I guess that's it. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Marci, you look like a natural redhead. I'm a natural, but I can see the gray coming in at a rapid pace. I'll soon have to by dying it I guess. Maybe at that point I'll experiment a bit. I'm kind of afraid since I've never dyed my hair before.

Well ladies. I'm off to work.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Ok...well then I guess I just took the spot of THE OLDEST.........6/14 will be 58...but rest assured--I am 57 NOW!!!!! lol...

I am loving your intros--keep going!!!I am copying and pasting into a word doc...

so....
who organizes your meetups?
How often have you done that?
Is everyone all over the US and beyond?
DO you always open this for signups every 3 mos?

YEP!--full of questions!

Well...I have been a highlighted blonde forever!-in september I just changed to red and the next day got a small tattoo (scrapbooking on my ankle!), which I thought I'd NEVER do (and I will NEVER DO IT AGAIN-IT HURT LIKE H-LL!)...but ya know---life is moving along and I am going to do new and different things!!!

see, now I already forgot what I read....so I am off to study! ..but thanks for doing this--and you all seem like such a nice group!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-02-13 09:19 AM
In response to MarciLB

Pink, did you get my information? I did it late last night.

My name is Victoria

I have been married to my husband, Jim for 14 years.
I have one 12 year old son, Preston.
I had him when I was 38 (still hope for you Tina (LOL))
I am 50 and loving it!

I live in the Pacific Northwest and have all my life.
I work for a non-profit doing research focusing on the health status and needs of American Indians in the Northwest.
I am a Registered Dietitian by training. I have worked at my current job for 6 years.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to vawm

My name is Trisha and I am a craftaholic!
Ooops...Wrong meeting

I'm Trisha and I am forty something...I have been married to Andy for 13 years and we have no children. I am an Architect and Interior designer. I just recently moved to a new city and have been adjusting and trying not to lose my mind in the process. Lol

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

I cannot believe it is 2013 and a strange man just walked into my powder bath!

Don’t workmen ask to come in and use your bathroom anymore? I guess not

Well it is another exciting day at casa Perkins. The window guys are here installing all new windows and it is FREEZING! I think I have five layers of clothes on and I see a Starbucks run in my future.
I spent all day yesterday unpacking and cleaning house. I have no idea why because it’s dusty and messy AGAIN from the construction work. You would think I would know better.

I have been doing this swap for a few years and I am loving the re-introducing.

Mayor
  • 888 on 01-02-13 11:56 AM

Hello!!! And Happy New Years to ALL the lovely ladies here!!
I’m sorry I haven’t been around, I have been working like a ‘madd woman’!!! Everyone was off work for the last two weeks, and since I’m the ‘new’ girl…. Guess who was at work and put in over 100 in the last two weeks of the year? THIS GIRL!!!

But all is good!!! We took off to the mountains last Saturday and got a cabin. We went snowmobiling, tubing, ice skating… stood on the frozen lake @ -8 degrees to watch the fireworks… it was just a GOOD TIME!!! Great way to end the year and start 2013!!!

I will catch up tonight after dinner… I’ll have plenty of time, since The X-Factor is over and Idol don’t start for a couple of more weeks LOL!!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to 888

Well, I am going to try and hand out my half of the list today cause tomorrow is a 12 day at least for me and I know I'll be too tired.

Let me introduce myself to the new people...

I'm Kimberly (also called Pink)

I have been married going on 22 years in June to the most amazing man I know, Daniel

I have seven children with my sweet hubby...Brandt Arden-son (age 19), Mackenzie Paige-daughter (age 17), Brendal Emery-son (age 14), Landon Baileigh-daughter (age 11), Tauryn Avaree-daughter (age 6), Rowyn Kenzleigh-daughter age 4, and Baelin Ross-son (age 4)...the last two are both 4 but not twins. I have no luck with any type of birth control...as is evidenced by the many children, although I wouldn't change a thing, of course.

I went to school to be a teacher first (I have a bachelor's in Elementary Education) and then went back to school to become a nurse. My hubby is a funeral director.

I work in home health and I also work in the school with a child that needs nursing care with him at school.

Describing myself...I like to laugh...a LOT! I have naturally curly hair. I am 43. I am always having SOMETHING happening at my house so I usually have a few funny stories to share, lots of embarressing stories, and some "just funny if it were someone elses' story" stories!

I have met a few wonderful ladies from this site IRL and I've made some of the best friends ever.

Looking forward to learning more about you all as we go along.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to 888

Hi my name is Shana, I believe I have been doing this swap for just over a year LOL. Missed signing up one quarter but stayed and chatted with the Ladies. I live in Alberta, Canada just an hour+ away from the Montana boarder. I too am married to a younger man this second time around. I have 4 children, 2 from my first marriage but my DH treats them like his. There is a wide spread in their ages because of that. I turn the BIG 40 this year and super excited by that, weird I know but I love growning older, to me it means I am wiser LMAO. Was involved in the Queen swap for many years but got very discouraged and disapointed in it so went looking for a new group and this is where I ended up. Each year I am cutting more and more back on my swaps so I can use up all my goodies that my Wonderful American pals send to me. I am a Close To My Heart Consultant, stay-at-home mom, dayhome provider, plus work part time out of the home abut 4-8 hours on weekends, it saves my sanity. I also hostess a Birthday Card swap every year, which several of the ladies from here have joined. Looking forward to this swap as there seems to be quite a few of us involved. Would love to do a retreat but I dont have my passport, but then again we could always do it here in CAnada!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Drayia

Well, I went ahead and gave out my half of the list because tomorrow is a busy day for me. Have fun and let the new round begin...

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Feel free to pm me with any questions...if you didn't get your sister yet, no worries. My wonderful co-hostess will be sending you your pal shortly!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

hi
My name is Andrea. Im 33 years old and have been married for 14 years. We have 2 kids one boy 12 years, and one girl 10 years old. We recently moved from WA state to Idaho. The move was a hard choice to make. I had to leave my dream job working at my local lss. Im currently just adjusting to this change in our life.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to andrea m

To my Little Sister - Woo Hoo I even bought something for you today at the not so lss.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Kimberly - I worked with a high school boy once that needed someone with him all day. I enjoyed it and it also help me to get my next job at the school which I stay at for 8 years. Then the position with GS came alone.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

You mean you bought yourself a gift, right? Cause I don't think you are on the list and if I gave you a little sister, I need to re-work my list!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:

My name is Victoria

I am 50 and loving it!

I work for a non-profit doing research focusing on the health status and needs of American Indians in the Northwest.
I am a Registered Dietitian by training. I have worked at my current job for 6 years.

I got it! I got everyone's surveys now...thanks ladies!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

• Deb-doodle Said:
Rebecca, is that date you gave the first year of the swap? I've lost track. I was in the first one and I know Rosita was too. I remember since she, Delaina and I were at the first retreat. That wasn't a good one. Too many snooty DT girls.

Rosita and I didn't know each other then. The second was so fun, and the third was the BEST!!!

Rebecca, Rosita, Suzi, Rachel, Tres, Tina M., Pink, I guess that's it. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Has anyone ever heard from Kelly yet?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-02-13 02:59 PM

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • vawm Said:

My name is Victoria

I am 50 and loving it!

I got it! I got everyone's surveys now...thanks ladies!

Whew! I was so tired I could have sent it on accident to .........well anyone!
Glad it was you!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to vawm

At least you didn't text some sex jokes to a stranger thinking it was Debbie! I am still mortified about that!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Now Imelda you know your feathers get ruffle up once in a while. lol

forget feathers, ask her about the french fries

and as for another retreat and a shower for me, that's just not in my budget right now, but thanks for the thought!

Edited by Tina scraps on 01-02-13 04:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Victoria, you're lucky I can't reach through the computer and strangle you for that "hope for me yet" comment :P

For those of you new girls, some of the group likes to razz me - for the longest time I had no intention of getting married, and now they tease me about changing my mind about kids, too. NOT happening.

I have the cutest nephew now who is almost 1.5. He is the most easy-going child I have ever met, and just adorable. I really enjoy playing with him. And still, every time I go home, I think how grateful I am that he's not coming with me. I am not even remotely interested in turning my life upside down for a child.

MarciRoxx
Tenant
MarciRoxx

G'day!!!!!
i cannot believe i am the first to claim my little sister! Hello Marci!

hope you're ready for a great round!

MarciRoxx
Tenant
MarciRoxx
In response to MarciRoxx

i'm just wondering, what are mini shoes?

betsyessister
New Kid On the Block
betsyessister
In response to MarciRoxx

Well, I may be the second to claim her little sister! Betsye, oh Betsye Rose Evazo, WHERE ARE YOU?

Okay, I need to go find my avatar now. Betsye, I'm looking for you. Come out now!

sstoimelda
Tenant
sstoimelda

Hi Imelda!

I hope you have an awesome year in 2013!

I can't wait to get to know you more!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Deb-doodle Said:
I think that was the round we had 64 girls Rosita. I remember because I had to take over when Kristy got sick.

I knew you would remember. It was a fun round. I didn't hear much from my little sister, but I had a good big sister and got to know so many awesome ladies!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Tina scraps Said:
wow that was a massive group. must have made it a lot harder to figure out who had who for big and little sisters! It must have taken Kimberly twice as long to figure out her big sis - 20 seconds instead of 10! lol

lol. To make it even harder, a lot of the people who had signed up that round were brand new to scrapbook.com and never showed up again after signing up. Which is why we now have a post minimum.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

MARCI - Soon enough you will get to know these ladies, and their ups and downs, their laughter, their tears. By the way, don't ever just 'JCI' and leave, NIKILYNN will get you.

SHATEMA - Lovely cards, keep up the creativity!

I don't do resolutions don't believe in them.

Will be doing New Year's dinner on Thursday, hubby is off then. I'm making a Czech meal this year DH is fourth generation Czech, and he knows nothing about it. I always make steak pie, roast potatoes and two veg with gravy, but it's nice to have a change every once in a while.

See you ladies later

What's in a Czech meal?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
  • RachelUK Said:
I just got up early to see Emily off - she rented a car and is driving back to the airport and meeting her boyfriend there, and they are flying back together.

I am driving up to see my mum again this afternoon - she is very poorly.

My brother flies in from Australia tomorrow, and will stay here over New Year's Eve - we have a spare ticket for the village party, so it worked out perfectly!

How nice it will be to have your brother home for a little while. At least you can say you've had family home for Christmas and New Year.
Sorry to read of how poorly your Mum is. Is she sick as like with cold, or is her illness taking a toll?
A village New Year party, that's fantastic. Enjoy yourselves!

Shes an old lady who told me on a couple of occasions in the last week that she wants to die. I just want to make sure her passing is without pain, and peaceful, with family and friends near.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

I'm Betsye (or Rosita)

I'm single, have been widowed 15 years.

I have 2 kids: Mishal 17 and Alex 15

My personality: optimistic with :cough: slight OCD tendencies.

job: Main job is for an insurance Company, and I get to work from home. I also have a part time job as a church secretary/media guru

Edited by Rosita on 01-02-13 05:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to LinzLou

• LinzLou Said:
Hi gals! I'm going to sit out this round but I'll pop in to chat every once in a while. I have a very expensive plane ticket to the UK to purchase in March so I need to save my pennies!

I hope everyone has a very safe and Happy New Year!
I'm off for a date with a bottle of Moscato and my Kindle.

Don't forget - Banbury is just up the road from me, and I'm sure you said that was where you were going!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to RachelUK

Hi Big sis!---boy you nailed it with that shoe!...Well since my feet are a size 10 (I am 5'5")...my DH decided it would be cute to collect miniature shoes...he started buying this Brand called "Just the right shoe"....and everyone jumped on the bandwagon...so I have a million shoes....in a curio--they dont take up much space UNLIKE MY shoes when I go on vaca!!! lol
Nice to "meet" you big sis....
Well I am off to go make myself a big sis acct!
Bye for now!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to RachelUK

Wow sisters are coming out already!!! And my big sis is one of them!!!!
Nice to meet you!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you too!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• thinkpink22 Said:

At least you didn't text some sex jokes to a stranger thinking it was Debbie! I am still mortified about that!

But it was such a funny story. We all loved it!! LOL!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Deb-doodle Said:

Jan 2009 was the first round I participated, but you were in a round before that with Delaina. I got to go to the retreat because so many from the first round who had said they were going flaked. I really enjoyed each of the retreats. Any plans for the next one?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Deb-doodle Said:

Ha - now you're ONE of those DT girls - but we love you for it honey!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
Hi Big sis!---boy you nailed it with that shoe!...Well since my feet are a size 10 (I am 5'5")...my DH decided it would be cute to collect miniature shoes...he started buying this Brand called "Just the right shoe"....and everyone jumped on the bandwagon...so I have a million shoes....in a curio--they dont take up much space UNLIKE MY shoes when I go on vaca!!! lol
Nice to "meet" you big sis....
Well I am off to go make myself a big sis acct!
Bye for now!

Oh goodness, we have more than red hair in common then. Well, at the moment. Until you change your color... I wear a size 10 also. Nobody can say we don't have good balance. LOL!!! Of course I'm 5'10" so I really need the balance. I'm like the towering inferno.

I use Google Chrome for my internet provider. Suddenly when I log in it has some sort of 'Babylon' thing up top instead of Google. How the heck did that happen? I'll have to have John take a look at it this weekend. I love having a techno geek for a boyfriend because I sure do need it. LOL!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• TrishaLouise Said:
My name is Trisha and I am a craftaholic!
Ooops...Wrong meeting

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

Ha - now you're ONE of those DT girls - but we love you for it honey!

Yeah, but I'm not snooty!! Am I? Am I snooty????? Ask Rosita. They just sat around in their little click. There wasn't much fun going on like in the other retreats I've been to since.

SwapPicsOnly
Tenant
SwapPicsOnly
In response to Rosita

Hey there Tres!....hope to see you here soon!...Let's get the party rolling!!!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • Deb-doodle Said:

Jan 2009 was the first round I participated, but you were in a round before that with Delaina. I got to go to the retreat because so many from the first round who had said they were going flaked. I really enjoyed each of the retreats. Any plans for the next one?

So I've been doing this since 2008? WOW!! Of course I've only been a gabber and not a sister since 2010. Or actually the beginning of 2011.

I know you got a lot accomplished at the first retreat with your little scrap room set up, lol, but did you really have 'fun'? I enjoyed the time with Christine and Donna lynn, but nothing like the other ones. Even Delaina wasn't herself due to the Kristy deal.

Page 5 of 44 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics