Username Post: Christmas Card Layout Ideas        (Topic#1583405)
DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton

Pocket Page Do any of you scrap the Christmas Cards you receive in your albums? I've done pocket pages in the past (I linked to 2010's layout in my gallery), but am always looking for new ideas. I try to incorporate the photos I get of family and friends on the second page of my two page layout. I just can't seem to throw these pretty cards and card photos out at the end of the season. I would love to hear and see your creative ideas for scrapping with these items! Merry Christmas, Nicole

Here's another one from a previous year
Pocket Card Layout

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to DaisyButton

That's lovely Nicole.

I'll be honest, I never do scrap cards. Unless they're hand-made, they will be about as un-acid/lignin-free as it's possible to be, and I don't want to mess up my albums.

I used to keep all the cards I received, but my house is too small to hold them all . Now I make them into tags or remake them into cards. Or even decorations.

My other problem with scrapping cards is how to display the inside as well, without having to have them removable. I haven't come up with a solution I'm happy with yet.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to RedSquirrel UK

My friend made a layout last year using everyone's Christmas cards. She used a 1" square punch and punched out pieces of everyone's cards. If there were pictures on the cards, she used her square punch to punch them out and add them a mosaic tiles to make the background of her paper. It was really cute! If the cards didn't have pictures, she just punched a sparkly part of the card to add to her tile layout.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to binkiemonstermom

I don't scrap Christmas cards - I just save the handmade ones for inspiration and the pretty ones for re-use on cards or mini-albums - but I like this layout: http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/196701/view /2523329/...

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to aquabunny

I save the ones i deem special from family or frinds the other I try to recycle but aquabunny i love this idea i think i'll do this although this year i've gptten some really pretty ones that i just may scrap after all.

for birthday cards as well. is a great idea

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to cescrapper

Scrapinology on YouTube just did an awesome December Daily album and used some of the cards she has received as pockets, etc. in it. It is a real neat way to use them.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to flintridgescrapper

My great aunt used to hang up Christmas cards on a string all around every room in her house! They were above doorways and it was one of my favorite things about going to her apartment during the holidays.

Diva
In response to Here Kitty

I saved handmade and have done some pocket pages. I like the idea of the punches and the layout of 2009 was great!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to bayamonesa1

This year i made it a point to display my cards. i was tired of tucking them aay.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to cescrapper

I just love this idea. I have the cards in a photo box. It broke my heart to throw them away. I knew somebody would come up with a clever idea. Maybe in a hundred years, they will think our cards are vintage. LOL!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Here Kitty

• Here Kitty Said:
My great aunt used to hang up Christmas cards on a string all around every room in her house! They were above doorways and it was one of my favorite things about going to her apartment during the holidays.

How funny. I still have my GM's string and little plastic clothespins that she strung around the house.

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to Pink Spoonbill

Great ideas ladies! Thanks!

Diva
In response to DaisyButton

Merry Christmas to everyone! I will be off the internet for a few days!

Edited by bayamonesa1 on 12-21-12 07:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to bayamonesa1

Merry Christmas Daisybutton x

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics