Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: January Anything Goes Challenge        (Topic#1583501)
Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-26-12 05:27 PM

"ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE"

January is here! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up! You'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until January 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than January 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Quay Sadler
2021 We. 2175 N.
Lehi, UT 84043

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
[email protected] il.com

If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after January 1st count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on January 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

"Volunteer Help With Dailies"
Week: 1-6 Jennifer
Week: 7-13 Ashley
Week: 14-20 Jade
Week: 21-27 Quay
Week: 28-31 Julie

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

PLAYERS

paid=

Quay 21/15
Senora-x 33/20
Ashley 3/10
Tesa 5/5
Jennifer: 0/25
Paula: 48/31
Carol: 22/20
Elizabeth: 1/10
Jade: 0/5
New Julie: 30/30
DaNel: 0/20
TeresaKay: 32/20

MOTIVATIONAL
Mommasaid: 0/
Rhonda 0/31
Yuzefa 0/8
Bev 0/5

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Quay

Love that introduction! I'm in and I am tickled pink that you are still with us! Thank you so much! my goal will be 20 as I'm shooting for the page a day but have to be realistic too!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to senora_x

I've taken a few months off from challenges and scrapping in general. I think it's time to make a come back! Count me in for points. I'll make a goal of 10 pages this month.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-26-12 07:30 PM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
Love that introduction! I'm in and I am tickled pink that you are still with us! Thank you so much! my goal will be 20 as I'm shooting for the page a day but have to be realistic too!

Got'cha! 20 it is!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-26-12 07:31 PM
In response to amancuso

• amancuso Said:
I've taken a few months off from challenges and scrapping in general. I think it's time to make a come back! Count me in for points. I'll make a goal of 10 pages this month.

Your in too Ashley! 10 it is!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-26-12 07:32 PM
In response to Quay

~Points List~

December Points List!!
BONUS POINTS!!!!

Take +300 bonus points if you pay by JANUARY 1st,
Take +200 points if you pay by JANUARY 5th,
Take +100 pts if you pay by JANUARY 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT

(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape
- PER flower (the whole flower, not counting each layer)
- PER embossed image/word (wet embossing) OR embossed texture/pattern (dry embossing)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER color of vellum
- PER punch used

50 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
-making a digi LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using one or more of the following themes: Food/GOALS
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)

50 POINTS:
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

10 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- for rounding your corners on your pictures

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS

- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
- 20 points for every 50 words over 400
- 20 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 30 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

100 POINTS:
- PER home decor item created
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points! (MAX # of times you can take these points per month: 4)

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-26-12 07:33 PM
In response to Quay

~Daily Challenges~

1a. Get ready to WIN!! along with the daily you must do this: Use this page map to make a LO with a few exceptions!
DEC2012:ScrapYourFaith-Sk etch#2! By Jamariel
a. add a subtitle
b. use 4 different ribbons somewhere
c. use 3 pics on the LO
d. lastly, make your background black!
to be able to enter the drawing for free ideas and prizes!!!

Ok...for today's Daily, it's a 2-parter:

Part 1: Set up your siggy for 100 pts.
Part 2: Post your 2013 goals for 200 pts.

2. Use 3 types of punches on your LO today for 100 pts. Get an extra 100 pts. if you do your lO in Yellow's to scare away any blues we might be having on account of the winter blues!

3. choose your favorite vacation picture and scrap it! 1 pic +250 pts, 2 pics +175 pts, 3 or more pics +100 pts.

4. use a sunrise or a sunset on a LO for +200pts.

5. use a quote for +175 pts.

6. use something altered for 250 pts.

Use something that glitters and sparkles for 150 pts!

8. Apparently, today is Male Watchers Day, where women get to stare at hunky men! In honor of this fabulous holiday, scrap about a male in your life. It can be your dad, your hubby, son, even a pet. 150 pts!

It's raining cats and dogs here! Use clouds in some way on your project for 100 pts.

10. Scrap about something (not someone!) that you can't live without! 250pts

11.TGIF! Share with us something fun you do on this fabulous Friday for 100 pts! Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

12. lift one of your own LOs today! 150 pts

13.Use your favorite sports teams logo on your project somehow. Example: I love the Dallas Stars, their logo is a star, so I would use a star on my page. 200 pts!

14.today is dress up your pet day so make a LO of your pet for 150pts.

15. daily- use tulle or lace on your LO for 150 pts

16. hand stitch on your LO under 50 stitches 50 pts 50-100 stitches 100 pts over 101 stitches 150 pts! (plus the regular points for handstitching)

17. I think today is the day we are suppose to see sunshine in over a week!! So put a sun on your LO for 150 pts.

18. I saw Julie pinned this great sketch on pinterest and I love it so use this sketch for 150 pts http://funkycards.blogspot.com/2012/07/pbd-challenge -6....

19. give someone a hug today for +150 Pts

20. today is penguin awareness day so use a penguin on your LO today for 150 pts

21. use blues on your LO, for 150pts. Xtra points for being patient with my computer problem take an Xtra 200pts.

22. banish any winter blues by scrapping a layout with pops of bright color! 150 pts

23. use your stamps to make your background 150 pts

24. keep all your page elements in a central column 75 pts

25. lift a players LO make it your own yet keeping the integrity of the LO 175 pts

26. Scrap on the edge of your page making a negative space 175 pts

27. go stripes, everything in stripes 200 pts

28. I have been all about the hexagons lately. Use at least 3 hexagons for 150 points on either a layout or card.

29: quay used a neat technique of using a regular punch to punch around a circle. So share a link to a cool technique or tutorial for 150 points!

30: Go and enter the 2913 Album contest! If you've already started a thread or create one now take 150 points! Some of you are already well on your way to creating 50 layouts and you could win $100 this time next year!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showforum.php?fid/255/

Link your thread here for points!

31. Share your February scrappy to do list here for 150 points!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-26-12 07:33 PM
In response to Quay

~Weekly Challenges~

WEEK 1: JANUARY 1-6, 2013
* Weekly Challenge: Scrap your goals for the year or resolutions for 250 pts

* Photo Challenge:
Challenge 75pts
Fresh 75pts
New 75pts
Cheer 75pts

Jan 7-13 Weekly Challenge - Favorites!
Scrap a minimum of 5 of your most current favorite things. Be sure to use some of your favorite papers and embellies too! 350 pts

Photos: 75 each
Work
Home
Your scrappy area
Outside

January 14-20 Weekly challenge:

Make a b-day theme b-day LO since last Saturday was Westin's b-day! 1 pager 300 or 2 pager for 350

photos:
sun
water
moon
landscape
tress
total 250

Jan 21-27 Weekly Challenge 400pts
A WEEK IN THE LIFE OF...

The Challenge Requirements are:
blue and white paper only
3 pictures or more
title must be in red
some hand cut embellies

Photo's
your living room 100 pts
your kitchen 100 pts
your bedroom 100 pts

Weekly challenge: 28-31
clean up your space for a fresh start for February. Post before and after pics for 300 points.

Weekly pics (100 points each):
Makes you laugh
Makes you cry
Makes you happy

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-26-12 07:34 PM
In response to Quay

~Monthly Challenge~

2013 A Year to Celebrate Life
Why do we fail @keeping our New Years Resolutions? Because we hate change!!
This year resolve to have a shift in your focus areas. This can be a really short or a really long process depending on what you're working on at the time!
This is a great SMASHbook opportunity! Every day look for something to celebrate.

Make a 2 page LO on shifting your focus to an area of your life that you would like to enhance. We can always choose to make even the good, better!!

Here's a quote to get you started...
"Let us learn to appreciate that there will be times when the trees will be bare and look forward to the times when we may pick the fruit" (unknown) 2500 PTS

Thanks Paula for your Monthly idea!!!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Quay

Hi Ashley! Welcome back!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 12-27-12 12:13 AM
In response to senora_x

Hi!
I'd love to play. I'm so trying to get back into layout mode and this challenge might help me. I'll keep my goal low though... I think I did in all 6-7 layouts this year, so if I make 5 in January, that is a huge step forward.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to TesaB

I'm in for 31!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Faithscrapper

Quay, I just pm'd you!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy

Quay - I'm so excited you decided to stay as our valiant moderator! I actually liked some of the changes that were made. I'm so excited that I got my lazy behind into the office where my scrap space is now located and I cleaned and organized the hell out of my stuff! And now I am ready to scrap!!! So upon my return from the beach, I will be back in the scrap-saddle again!

Thanks for the continued motivation!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to kdsmommy

Oh yeah. I'm in for January. 25 LO's. And let me know if you need a volunteer for challenges!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-27-12 12:21 PM
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
Hi!
I'd love to play. I'm so trying to get back into layout mode and this challenge might help me. I'll keep my goal low though... I think I did in all 6-7 layouts this year, so if I make 5 in January, that is a huge step forward.

HI Tesa...so glad to have you come play with us! And everyone will be at your beckon call if you need any help!!! That's just what we do here!!!

I have you down for 5...are you just testing the waters or do you want to play for prizes? Prizes will cost $8.55 or you can just learn how the points go and hop on board for prizes later.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-27-12 12:22 PM

• Faithscrapper Said:
I'm in for 31!

Paula I have you down as paid for 31 right?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-27-12 12:25 PM
In response to kdsmommy

• kdsmommy Said:
Oh yeah. I'm in for January. 25 LO's. And let me know if you need a volunteer for challenges!

I have you down for 25 Jennifer and SURE, you can take a week of challenges...which week would you like. Let me know And I can post it on the front page. Paying or not this time?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-27-12 12:26 PM
In response to kdsmommy

• kdsmommy Said:
Quay - I'm so excited you decided to stay as our valiant moderator! I actually liked some of the changes that were made. I'm so excited that I got my lazy behind into the office where my scrap space is now located and I cleaned and organized the hell out of my stuff! And now I am ready to scrap!!! So upon my return from the beach, I will be back in the scrap-saddle again!

Thanks for the continued motivation!

Awww Jennifer that's so sweet!!!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 12-27-12 12:56 PM
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • TesaB Said:
Hi!

HI Tesa...so glad to have you come play with us! And everyone will be at your beckon call if you need any help!!! That's just what we do here!!!

I have you down for 5...are you just testing the waters or do you want to play for prizes? Prizes will cost $8.55 or you can just learn how the points go and hop on board for prizes later.

Thank you!
I should be in it just for testing, since I'm new here and there are a lot to take in. But I like the thought of prizes so I pay paled you earlier today.

And I see my 5 is totally lame... You girls are amazing 20-30 layouts in a month!!!!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to Quay

Paying

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-27-12 03:34 PM
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
  • Quay Said:
  • TesaB Said:
Hi!

Thank you!
I should be in it just for testing, since I'm new here and there are a lot to take in. But I like the thought of prizes so I pay paled you earlier today.

And I see my 5 is totally lame... You girls are amazing 20-30 layouts in a month!!!!

hehe Don't even for a moment think your 5 is lame. A lot of us get high hopes and then find out all we can do is 2-5 a month! So, just ride the fun train with us and you will see!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-27-12 03:35 PM
In response to kdsmommy

• kdsmommy Said:
Paying

got it Jennifer!
And I have a list of weeks on the first page so pick anyone you would like to do!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
Hi Ashley! Welcome back!

Thanks! You can thank my hubby who gave me a rather large scrappy budget as a Christmas gift lol. Nothing like scrapbook shopping to motivate one's self!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-27-12 04:44 PM
In response to amancuso

Oh I hear ya sister! I am spending some of my budget tomorrow and now I am making my scrappy room more work friendly! 3 cheers for nice hubby's! hehe

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to TesaB

don't have time to go though all the posts b/c I am about to get some much needed dancing in tonight!! But I am def in this month. Not sure how many LO's yet, but I will let you know tmw!! Be back tmw and I am so glad Quay is hosting again!!!!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 12-27-12 09:19 PM
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:

hehe Don't even for a moment think your 5 is lame. A lot of us get high hopes and then find out all we can do is 2-5 a month! So, just ride the fun train with us and you will see!!

I think I'll love this fun train ride... When can we start???

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 12-27-12 09:28 PM
In response to amancuso

• amancuso Said:
  • senora_x Said:
Hi Ashley! Welcome back!

Thanks! You can thank my hubby who gave me a rather large scrappy budget as a Christmas gift lol. Nothing like scrapbook shopping to motivate one's self!

Yay! Lucky you!!! I think I'll give myself a rather large scrappy budget too - as a New Years gift. For motivational purposes. (My hubby insists on giving me non scrappy presents because "you are so good at treating yourself with scrapbook supplies, it feels boring..." I have no idea what he means!

Edited by TesaB on 12-27-12 09:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 12:30 AM
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
  • Quay Said:

I think I'll love this fun train ride... When can we start???

It officially starts January 1st. Here is how it works...

If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Can't wait to see what you do with your scrappy supplies!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 12:31 AM
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
  • amancuso Said:
  • senora_x Said:
Hi Ashley! Welcome back!

Yay! Lucky you!!! I think I'll give myself a rather large scrappy budget too - as a New Years gift. For motivational purposes. (My hubby insists on giving me non scrappy presents because "you are so good at treating yourself with scrapbook supplies, it feels boring..." I have no idea what he means!

hahaha That is so hilarious! men are funny!! But ya gotta love their silly ideas!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 12:32 AM
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:
don't have time to go though all the posts b/c I am about to get some much needed dancing in tonight!! But I am def in this month. Not sure how many LO's yet, but I will let you know tmw!! Be back tmw and I am so glad Quay is hosting again!!!!

Thanks Jade!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 12:39 AM
In response to Quay

ANYONE WISHING TO HOST A WEEK OF CHALLENGES CHECK THE FRONT PAGE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT WEEK YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE!!!!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to TesaB

I'll take the first week...since I'll still be out of school on winter break. Little did I know when I took this teaching job in Puerto Rico but they celebrate Three Kings on January 6th so we don't go back to school until the 8th for teachers and the 10th for kids. Can you imagine??? And we get out at the end of May. We start mid-August.

Island life is awesome!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to kdsmommy

Check out the fun new NO HASSLE, NO COST, NO STRESS challenge for 2013...PROJECT 52 WEEKS. And did I mention...weekly prizes!

PROJECT 52 WEEKS Challenge

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Quay

I can do the last week of challenges.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to senora_x

Puerto Rico seems like a great place to work!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 09:26 AM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
I can do the last week of challenges.

Great Julie... I will put you down!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 09:27 AM
In response to Quay

Jennifer - do you know what week you want to host for challenges? just checking...

Paula- Your package went out today!!

Everyone-Let's have a BIG welcome to TESA, be sure to help her out with her questions!

Ashley- I am so glad your back. We can start out the NEW YEAR with a bang together!!

Jade- I just think the world of you!!

Julie- Still on Christmas vacation? Good way to start off with this challenge. Hopefully you can find some scrappy time.

Tesa- Your going to LOVE playing with us! Right everyone???

Quay- I just want to thank everyone for sticking with me and this challenge!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Quay

so today I am backing up pics, printing pics, cleaning up my space, and getting ready for a scrappy new year!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 09:55 AM
In response to senora_x

ME TOO Julie!! lol

I was suppose to go to my BFF's to scrap this weekend. But she is having some personal issues and she had to cancel. BUT, it gives me time to get my room better organized.

AND...I have found a great place that will fill my printer ink for a super low price. Now I can get my 12x12 printer out and start printing all my digi LO's I have done over the years. Woo Hoo

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Quay

I'm ready for a scrappy new year too once this heap of junk comes off my leg!!!

In the meantime, I have tons of new supplies and cannot wait to use them. I hear them screaming for attention now!! LOL ..... I hear you, momma is gonna create something soon! LOL.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to TesaB

OK, I think I'm ready to give this a try! I just sent you Paypal $$$. I'll try 20 layouts. Anything else you need to know? Thanks . . .

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 11:42 AM
In response to NMscrapper

YaY!!!! Welcome Carol!!! I have you down for paid and 20 LO's... And be sure to ask ask ask if you need any help at all!!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Quay

Thanks, Quay! You bet I'll ask. I'm looking at the first post right now, trying to be sure I understand! LOL!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

You're the best, Quay!

ScrappyNewMom
Diva
ScrappyNewMom

I'd like to join. It has been awhile. Put me down for 10 layouts. I will pay after the first of the year if that's ok.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 12:52 PM
In response to ScrappyNewMom

• ScrappyNewMom Said:
I'd like to join. It has been awhile. Put me down for 10 layouts. I will pay after the first of the year if that's ok.

1st Off.. a BIG fat WELCOME!! And you can pay then, no problem! I will need your name tho' to be able to post you on the front page! If that's ok!

Be sure to ask for help if you need it k?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 12:53 PM
In response to SplendidMoments

• SplendidMoments Said:

In the meantime, I have tons of new supplies and cannot wait to use them. I hear them screaming for attention now!! LOL ..... I hear you, momma is gonna create something soon! LOL.

Karen I am so happy you are going to come back..provided you feel better. No need to hurry...just get well so you can really play hard!! *wink* hehe

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • SplendidMoments Said:

Karen I am so happy you are going to come back..provided you feel better. No need to hurry...just get well so you can really play hard!! *wink* hehe

Huge hugs Quay! I will play hard too! *wink* It's been 16 months. I think I might be able to do a little at a time, but I won't be able to take pictures of anything until I can stand/walk on my own. We know how important pictures are! Ones we scrap and ones to brag/collect points/share/etc.!

Guess you can say I am ready to be done with all of this with my ankle (16 months and 8 surgeries), and get to scrappin and normal life!!!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 02:42 PM
In response to SplendidMoments

Do we really have normal lives? lol I think mine is. But then I look at my neighbors and they look more normal than we do! I just can't win! hehehe Ya, do a little at a time and visit as often as you can!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to amancuso

• amancuso Said:

glad to see you back and I love your new avatar!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

• Faithscrapper Said:
I'm in for 31!

woo hoo!!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
Hi!

welcome

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • kdsmommy Said:

I have you down for 25 Jennifer and SURE, you can take a week of challenges...which week would you like. Let me know And I can post it on the front page. Paying or not this time?

I can also take a week of challenges. Any week. Doesn't matter. All my weeks are the same lol

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
  • Quay Said:
  • TesaB Said:
Hi!

Thank you!

Don't worry about 5 LO's being lame. I will make my goal around 5 as well. But that is what I love about this challenge, it gets you motivated to do more LO's!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to jadebrit

Quay I can do any week ya need for challenges.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
ANYONE WISHING TO HOST A WEEK OF CHALLENGES CHECK THE FRONT PAGE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT WEEK YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE!!!!

JUST IN CASE YOU DID NOT SEE I POSTED I CAN HOST A WEEK! ANY WEEK WILL DO!!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to kdsmommy

• kdsmommy Said:
I'll take the first week...since I'll still be out of school on winter break. Little did I know when I took this teaching job in Puerto Rico but they celebrate Three Kings on January 6th so we don't go back to school until the 8th for teachers and the 10th for kids. Can you imagine??? And we get out at the end of May. We start mid-August.

Island life is awesome!

Sure does sound like fun!!! I am jealous!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
Jennifer - do you know what week you want to host for challenges? just checking...

Paula- Your package went out today!!

Everyone-Let's have a BIG welcome to TESA, be sure to help her out with her questions!

Ashley- I am so glad your back. We can start out the NEW YEAR with a bang together!!

Jade- I just think the world of you!!

Julie- Still on Christmas vacation? Good way to start off with this challenge. Hopefully you can find some scrappy time.

Tesa- Your going to LOVE playing with us! Right everyone???

Quay- I just want to thank everyone for sticking with me and this challenge!

aww thanks Quay!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 04:12 PM
In response to jadebrit

• jadebrit Said:
  • Quay Said:

hehehe OK JADE!!!!!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jadebrit

sorry about blowing up the post. I wanted to make sure I replied to everything or else I would forget.

Quay - heard anything from HL?

Julie - how is school going? How is your "little" one? How are the puppies?

Glad to see so many new faces! I think I am going to shoot for 5 LO's this month. That is a huge commitment. I have not scrapped 5 LO's in the last 6 months. And life is always crazy. I work 2 jobs and 6 days a week, but I think I have [email protected] mastered juggling work/Westin/housework/and social life. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA who am I fooling? I struggle with that daily but I think I going to make it work!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • jadebrit Said:
  • Quay Said:

hehehe OK JADE!!!!!

what week you want me to take?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 04:17 PM
In response to jadebrit

Ok here is the Volunteer Schedule!

"Volunteer Help With Dailies"
Week: 1-6 Jennifer
Week: 7-13 Ashley
Week: 14-20 Jade
Week: 21-27 Quay
Week: 28-31 Julie

Will this work? I hope so, cuz' as you can see it is etched in red, and once it is in red it is the law!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 04:20 PM
In response to Quay

Jade- I won't hear anything until January. They aren't hiring until then... grrrr Don't they want me now!!!!! hehe (falls to the floor and wails like a banshee) Ooops! I can't fall to the floor, with my 2 new knees I would never be able to get up! Bwhahahaha

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

sounds good to me!......is it bed time yet? lol I stayed out too late dancing last night and had to wake up early for work this morning. I am getting too old for this lol

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 04:23 PM
In response to jadebrit

You are not old...maybe tired, but definitely not old! Old is when you wake up and don't need to go back to sleep for 4 hours. grrr I bet that changes once I get a job! hehe

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to Quay

I have a scrapbooking related vent I need to get out lol. Will you guys listen to me pretty please?

So I belonged to the kit club for My Creative Scrapbook. I love their kits. I've gotten them for almost 2 years now. Well I moved in October. I submitted my new address via their website (how they request. I asked for confirmation that they got me email on their message boards because the year before when I moved they sent my package to the wrong place. Well, low and behold they did it again. I was able to get Novembers kit from my old address from my old landlord. So I emailed them, and posted on their message board again. For December's kit they again sent it to the wrong address. I immediately emailed them and went to the message board they have. At this point I noticed that they took their forums down which I felt was odd. I also included that I wished to cancel my subscription since I could not get a response from anyone and they they couldn't get my address right. 6 days later, I got an email from them confirming cancellation of my subscription and saying they weren't sure what the issue was with my address but they had the correct one on file.

She never said if she would be sending me a new package or refunding me - I had asked for one of these since I couldn't get the package from my old address at this point. I emailed back asking again but did not get a response. Wednesday I went to the bank and got a charge back for it by cancelling the payment.

Well today I got billed again for the next kit. And not only did they bill me, they billed an old card of mine that I didn't want them to use and had updated probably 6 months ago. Again I had to go the bank to get a charge back, but I have to wait since the charge was made today. I'm so frustrated at this! Am I going to have to do this every month, or cancel my cards! Geesh how hard is it?

OK, I feel better. Thanks for letting me complain about that.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to amancuso

I just saw that on fb Ashley! That is frustrating!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to jadebrit

I have a question (probably the first of many, lol): In December's thread I see a list of requirements for bonus points. Does the list change each month, or will January be the same as December?

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 05:58 PM
In response to amancuso

Man Ashley... that totally bites! And I hate when all you can do is email them. That ticks me off so bad!

What are they afraid of? To talk voice to voice? hehe Good luck..and keep us posted!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 06:00 PM

• NMscrapper Said:
I have a question (probably the first of many, lol): In December's thread I see a list of requirements for bonus points. Does the list change each month, or will January be the same as December?

they change.. some will stay the same like when you pay. But if it is a LO or a weekly assignment, you can get bonus points to jack your points up so you can be the WINNER!!!! Keep them questions a comin'

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Quay

Gotcha, thanks!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

Y'all crack me up!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

jci

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

So happy to see all the chatter again! Ashley, that is totally ridiculous and poor business management! Crazy! At this point I'd say they owe you 2 free kits for all their mistakes and hassles.

Jade, school is going well and it is nice to have the holiday off and not have to go back till jan 2. Are you still loving the job at the dr office? Oh and we finally found homes for the 4 puppies and are keeping 2! And momma is finally fixed although when we took her in she was already pregnant again with 6 and had a horrible infection so that had to be taken care of! We were watching her like a hawk and live out in the middle of nowhere so it's crazy. She's costing us a bundle.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to senora_x

I do like my new job. I am still working at Sonic still. Mostly on just Saturdays now. It sucks only having 1 day off, but it has to be done. And I am glad you were able to find homes to all the puppies. Aww poor thing was knocked up already. Poor thing!! It is hard to keep a male dog away from a female in heat! Good luck with everything

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 07:54 PM
In response to jadebrit

Darn those Male dogs! hehe I am so hoping she is getting better. So she can take care of her babies!

SPOILER ALERT:
So ladies I will be posting some spoiler alerts December 31st. Remember I was saying I was going to add some extra fun to this challenge??? *jumps up and down with joy*

SO be sure to check in and see what some of the spoilers will be. Then half way thru' Jan. I will do it again! Then again at the end!!

Let's get excited next year... who's with me???

ScrappyNewMom
Diva
ScrappyNewMom
In response to Quay

Thanks Quay! My name is Elizabeth.

ScrappyNewMom
Diva
ScrappyNewMom

I am excited!! :-)

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

I am soo excited!!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-28-12 09:24 PM
In response to jadebrit

OK ladies I have eyes the size of giant olives... mostly becuz' I am tired!! hehe SO I will bid you a'du and I will c-ya all tomorrow!!!

g'night

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 12-29-12 04:12 AM
In response to Quay

I go to sleep and when I wake up my mailbox is jam packed with posts from here. Is this how it's going to be the coming month? A chatty bunch??? FUN!

Thanks for the welcome and the cheers up on my 5 pages goal.

I'm totally excited for tomorrow!!!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to TesaB

Okay, FOR REAL this time; I'm going to scrap SOMETHING in January, 2013! I've signed up for a kit club. I'm deciding on a few scrappy classes/sources of inspiration to get me going again. DH surprised me with a new printer that -- get this! -- is supposed to be able to print photos from my phone, with some sort of app he found. He printed off two photos last night, as test runs, and my first thought was, "OH! I bet I have the perfect paper, embellies and journaling for these!"

I'm saying that I'm in. I'll take a day to decide on a number of LO's -- likely under ten -- and get back here.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to MommaSaid

Count me in this month I am going to play for points I am going to try 20 layouts and I will send money in the next couple of days.

Just to update I had my surgery everything went great and I feel much better except right now I have sinus infection but hopefully I will feel better by the 1st so I can start making pages . :))

Edited by Teresakay on 12-29-12 06:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Teresakay

Sounds like the perfect gift, Anne!
Feel better fast, Teresa!! New Years Day is coming!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

I may,or may not, have started assembling a page.... Possibly.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to MommaSaid

OK, I'm starting to panic. The pics on my laptop are not sharp and clear. Even fonts are very faint. I'm hoping it has something to do with the settings or internet I'm in but I'm fearful that my screen may be going out. On a positive note I FINALLY organized all the pics from my millions of devices into folders by date and can now burn to dvds and back up on External Hard Drive. I have now made that my new year's resolution to stay on top of it this year.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-29-12 06:15 PM
In response to senora_x

OMG!!!! I am so far behind the chatter! How dare my grand-daughters want to spend the weekend. How dare they want to go to their cousins house and play with all her new dress up close. How dare they want their cousin to spend the night with them! HOW DARE ME BE A SOFT TOUCH!!!!! And say YES to all of it!! hehe

All I can say is I am so glad I had 4 boys and 1 daughter. 3 giggling, chatty girls are driving me insane tonight! hehehe

Whew!!! I feel better!

So I am going to the front page to put all you peeps down on the list. And yes Tesa...chatty is good!!

BRB

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-29-12 06:18 PM
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
I may,or may not, have started assembling a page.... Possibly.

May not works! *wink*

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-29-12 06:21 PM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
OK, I'm starting to panic. The pics on my laptop are not sharp and clear. Even fonts are very faint. I'm hoping it has something to do with the settings or internet I'm in but I'm fearful that my screen may be going out. On a positive note I FINALLY organized all the pics from my millions of devices into folders by date and can now burn to dvds and back up on External Hard Drive. I have now made that my new year's resolution to stay on top of it this year.

Oh Julie...I would so be in a panic. If my PC went down I would be lost (as I'm sure you will be too) To not be able to get on here, Ack!!!

Here's x-ing my fingers for your laptop to stay alive until you win that lottery and can buy a new one!! hehe

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-29-12 06:22 PM
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Count me in this month I am going to play for points I am going to try 20 layouts and I will send money in the next couple of days.

Just to update I had my surgery everything went great and I feel much better except right now I have sinus infection but hopefully I will feel better by the 1st so I can start making pages . :))

Teresa, I am so glad your surgery went well. And so glad your back here. Here's to a new year with less pain and suffering!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-29-12 06:24 PM
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
I go to sleep and when I wake up my mailbox is jam packed with posts from here. Is this how it's going to be the coming month? A chatty bunch??? FUN!

Thanks for the welcome and the cheers up on my 5 pages goal.

I'm totally excited for tomorrow!!!

We like chatty, no matter what the subject is...just chat away on what ever floats your boat...will just jump on in when we get here! hahaha

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

Quay said pretty much everything I was going to
I am glad I have a boy. He has just now started to become chatty and I can not take it sometimes lol
I am going to bed. I am so tired. But I am off tmw so I get to sleep in

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to jadebrit

Good morning, ladies!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit

morning

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to jadebrit

morning all

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-30-12 12:24 PM
In response to amancuso

Good Afternoon!!! I have been busy with the girls! YaY! hehe My DD and I have been adjusting the dress up dresses, the girls needed some parts tucked in and up. They said their little boobies were showing! hehehe

SO I see that some of you have checked in! Wonderful! Ok I am off to have a fashion show with the dresses...I will be take pics!! be back ladies!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Quay

Hi, everyone

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 12-30-12 01:53 PM

HI Carol! Glad to see you here!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

Quay, I can't wait to see! What a labor of love!

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics