Page 3 of 11 
Username Post: *~* PROJECT 52 WEEKS *~*        (Topic#1583539)
dlwj2 - Deana
Veteran
dlwj2 - Deana
In response to kdsmommy

I'm glad the deadline has been changed. I maybe able to make it. I'm waiting on my page protectors to come in and if they arrive I'll have my first week done. If not then I'll miss this week and just start next week. This has gotten my brain in gear to make sure I have my camera with me and looking at pictures to take. I'm really excited.

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina
In response to dlwj2 - Deana

I've had mine done for a while because it also is dual purpose, another challenge. I'm trying to finish 4 different scrapbooks through this and my first page to complete is the second to last page in my younger son's SB. It is titled simply Family. If you read the info, you will see the unique feature I added was to make the photo interchangeable so as his family grows, they can swap it out. Here it is:

[image] Inspiration Lift 5 By Stiina[/image]

Hope everyone is able to get theirs done too!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Stiina

just checking in . . . good night

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to lcmemories

Yaaay!! Thank you for making the change! I may make it this time after all, tho I will still be cutting it close... had some technology issues this weekend, namely my brand new phone freezing on me as I was trying to transfer my photos for the week over to my computer to be printed!! just picked up the prints an hour ago so we will see if I do make it in time, but that's still the goal!

Great work so far ladies! Heading to work on my page!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Stiina

Here is mine. I don`t normally do digital scrapbooking so I don`t have templates or anything. I know the lo doesn`t look great but all I want it is a simple digital record of my year. My cameras flash quit so most of the photos I took this week are totally ruined so there are only my pets on this.

Project Life: Week 1 By Lenethren

acu

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Lenethren

Good morning!

I am with Dyana. This is my very first digi ever. And I want my PL to be in digi. I did use a template from Debi Weefaerie but I didn't stray far from the template. So for those of you that excel at digi, please feel free to tell me what I need to do to improve my future PL layouts. I really need all of the help I can get! The JS class starts today, thank goodness!

PL Week 1 By Anna C

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to amancuso

Phew! I was really worried that people wouldn't like the deadline change. So glad that's not the case! I'm going to draw on Tuesday to allow everyone a chance to post by tonight.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Anna C

Looks like everyone is off to a good start!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Faithscrapper

Good morning!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to amancuso

Ok. I'm turning my Week 1 project in. Cover Page for Project 2013.

This Is My Life

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Wow, Pat! Way to set the bar right on up there!
Got mine laid out last night, cut and ready. Just need to have time to sit and get messy!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Wow, Pat! Way to set the bar right on up there!

I know. I'm sorry. Sort of. But I had SO much fun with that project, I just didn't know how to stop. I LOVED the color scheme, which was on the Design Seeds Challenge. And besides, I'm channeling my Inner Tim. He always sets the bar really high on the first project tag of the year.

renaylucy
Veteran
renaylucy
In response to kdsmommy

I would like to to try this.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to renaylucy

• renaylucy Said:
I would like to to try this.

Sweet! You are IN!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to kdsmommy

acu

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to msmama

I'm going to post my second 52 project - which is actually my Week 1 interior page.

My first project was the cover page photo taken on Jan 1. This photo was done on Jan 5.

I know I'll need to do another one for next week, but wanted to get this one up and out there, just for my own album organization.

One To One

See, Kelly. Told you I needed a Monday post date. ;-)

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

jci

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

2013 Week 1 By DaNel Hicks

Here is mine.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to DaNel Hicks

JCI.

DaNel, I LOVE the paw print border on your page - what did you use to make it?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to JenKoss

Here's my week 1 .. recap of the Break...

My first time smashing too.. LOL!

Project 52 (W1) By Jellyziva

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• DaNel Hicks Said:
I will not be able to post my layout this Sunday. I will be traveling 3 hours to visit my mother in the hospital. She is not doing well.

A good friend has offered to drive me because she doesn't want me to go by myself (neither do I)

She has had 2 strokes and has a feeding tube as of yesterday afternoon.

I will still do my weekly layout and post it. I'll be on time for the rest.

Prayers for your mom...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to amancuso

• amancuso Said:
Hi Shirley! Love your NCIS quote!

Thx! English is my 2nd language too so I totally get how Ziva misquotes idioms ALL the time... so much so I think I only remember her version of them now

A great friend I met here made me a book of Ziva-isms. I still treasure it...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

• kdsmommy Said:
On the first page in the first post is a picture and description of the RAK for week 1. Remember: the deadline has been changed from Sunday to Monday...there is still lots of time to finish up and post a pic of your week 1 LO!!

Thanks so much for hosting and for changing the deadline! What an awesome way to start the year ...

Sorry for threadjacking.. my last post until I catch up...
Will be back to leave love...

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to jellyziva

Here is the first page of my 2 page LO. I am going to have to get an album to store the story of me in

2013 Scraparea By Drayia

I chose to do my scrap area as that was where I spent most of my days this week.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Drayia

Well my page is about 85% down, but I won't make it in time... lots of factors contributed to this miss, but mostly I wasn't liking where the page was going and I don't like to rush them cuz I know I won't go back later and fix them! So I'll finish this week and hopefully post before my next week is due!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to SonjaC

mjjames
Veteran
mjjames

Project Life Wk 1 By Mjjames

Hello everyone! I did not get mine posted til Tuesday morning so I know I am out of the running for prizes...no problem. I just wanted to get it in here anyway. I will have to post earlier next week. Mondays are crazy and then I had some internet issues. Thanks!

Michelle

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to mjjames

Good morning!

I started the JS Digital Project Life Class last night. I sure learned a lot about clipping, masking, and drop shadow. I see so many things that I did wrong in my first attempt with digi. Hopefully, my layout for week 2 will look much better.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to jellyziva

Am so not off to a good start I been taking pictures and writing down notes but my kit not arrived

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to parisdame

Note to self - page 8
Busy week, didn't get to post, but hopefully will stay on line starting this week.
Since I am digital, I'm going to use 8 1/2 x 11 so I can print at home and keep in a notebook.
The plan I am using does it month at a time and this month is on people we love. I think my first page will be me. Have to start somewhere

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to JenKoss

• JenKoss Said:
JCI.

It is actually a boarder punch. EK Success - Paper Shapers - Slim Profile - Edger Punch - Paw Print

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

• PamStewart.Iowa Said:
Note to self - page 8
Busy week, didn't get to post, but hopefully will stay on line starting this week.
Since I am digital, I'm going to use 8 1/2 x 11 so I can print at home and keep in a notebook.
The plan I am using does it month at a time and this month is on people we love. I think my first page will be me. Have to start somewhere

Starting with you is very good. If you don't love yourself you can't truly love anyone else.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to parisdame

Congratulations! Week One of Project 52 weeks is history. Here are the ladies who will be in the drawing for the first RAK:
* angie lathrop
* amancuso
* hvn101
* msmama
* JenKoss
* teresakay
* terrihooper
* Drayia
* Stiina
* Lcmemories
* Lenethren
* Anna C
* Gentlewood Farms
* DaNel Hicks
* Jellyziva
* pippalada
* scrappychiklet

If you didn't get your week 1 LO finished, keep working on it. Don't get discouraged! If it makes anyone feel better...I didn't get mine even started!!

Edited by kdsmommy on 01-08-13 06:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to kdsmommy

AND THE WINNER IS.......

Lenethren!!!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to kdsmommy

• kdsmommy Said:
AND THE WINNER IS.......

Lenethren!!!

Congratulations.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kdsmommy

• kdsmommy Said:
AND THE WINNER IS.......

Lenethren!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Congrats Dyana!

mjjames
Veteran
mjjames
In response to Anna C

Congratulations!

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to Anna C

I have all my tabs open, now to go enjoy the feast of creativity!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

DaNel that is the cutest punch, ever!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

J Is For Journey 365 By Faithscrapper
here's my week 1

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK

CI. I have my week one finished, just haven't taken a pic yet.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• lcmemories Said:
Tres, I am going to alternate between those page protectors and doing this digitally. I wanted to work with the digi template first, just to see how it would look. I am hoping to mix these pages in my scrapbook with some of my more traditional pages.

That is a great idea. Loved your first digi page.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Lishy

• Lishy Said:
Hi everyone!
I had signed up for this challenge by PM, but I haven't had a chance to post on this thread yet. My grandpa passed away on New Year's eve and my family has been dealing with that, so I haven't had the time to post.

My name is Alisha and I'm 19 (almost 20) years old. I was homeschooled from the middle of 4th grade through the 12th grade. It was after I started homeschooling that I found a love for sewing and scrapbooking.

I am not going to college, but am instead working on creating my own business through my Etsy shop to sell the things I make. I am working very hard at becoming a professional seamstress of historically accurate clothes for 18" dolls such as American Girl dolls. I have sold small items on Etsy for the past few years, but I am trying to make it my full time job this year. That is one of my goals.

I live in Florida with my parents and our fifteen year old pitbull named Brisco.

I look forward to doing this challenge with all of you. Hopefully it will motivate me to get at least one layout finished a week as I didn't get many layouts made last year.

~Alisha

Hi Alisha!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

Congrats to all who finished on time! I'm going to open all the tabs and leave some love.

I haven't had a chance to go and get my photos yet. Sick little one and a hubby who was working very late last night. I will still post but probably tomorrow. My new plan for the rest of the year is to upload photos by mid day on Sunday so then I have some time to grab them and have my layout ready for Monday.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to parisdame

Congrats Dyana!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to msmama

Congrats Dyana!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to SonjaC

Congrats Dyana!!

Pippilada
Veteran
Pippilada
In response to kdsmommy

• kdsmommy Said:
AND THE WINNER IS.......

Lenethren!!!

yay!! congratulations!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Pippilada

Congrats Dyana!

ACU to here...

B2Hearts
Governor
B2Hearts
In response to jellyziva

Left some love...fighting the illness that attacked Sunday evening. Thankful for antibiotics! Will post mine later this week

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to B2Hearts

Good morning!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to kdsmommy

Congrats. My weeks are so boring its hard to come up with a picture a day or a week. What do you guys do?

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to hvn101

Good Morning, Congrats on the Rak. Thanks for all the love left on my LO, the paper rack I picked up second hand. Had it filled almost right away. I have wayyyyyy to much paper, I can't always pick out ones I want to use LOL.

TeriScraps
Governor
TeriScraps
In response to Drayia

Is there still 1 spot open, if so I'll jump in and see what I can get done today!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to TeriScraps

• TeriScraps Said:
Is there still 1 spot open, if so I'll jump in and see what I can get done today!

Sure! I'll add you to the first page!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to hvn101

• hvn101 Said:
Congrats. My weeks are so boring its hard to come up with a picture a day or a week. What do you guys do?

As I read devotions and emails, etc i make little notes for ideas for later and sometimes that helps. Sign up for Katrina Kennedy's daily emails and there's a photo prompt. I also have a box of old pics and stuff, sometimes I find good ideas there. Are you doing a [email protected] album? They have everyday life kinds of prompts. Hope that helps!

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101

Yeah my green snap arrived today. My life is boring. I do the same things each week Work, eat, feed the animals, scrap or clean and go to bed lol

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to hvn101

Heather, I doubt very seriously that your life is really that boring - just set in a routine (which I completely understand!) With that in mind, perhaps this is a good opportunity for you to try something new at least once a week - just to scrap about it!

After all, haven't we all done things specifically so we could scrap them?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

Well, yeah, Sonja, but I'm afraid that I draw the line at having another kid.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to hvn101

• hvn101 Said:

I just go about my day and try to find something to take a photo about. Yesterday I got a new laptop. (photo). Today it rained so my arena was flooded. I took a photo of it.

So just anything that is cute or different.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101

i took a picture of my messy desk today. it was a 80 degree Florida day in January. I work all weekend. So I hope to do something tomorrow. My snap album came today.

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Lenethren

Wow! This place is rockin!!! So good to see! I wished I could participate, but will have to be just a tad bit longer. I am glad the "hostess" understands and allows me to be here!

I did find out when surgery is finally, I went to doctors today!
He scheduled it for this Monday! I am stoked! I finally get all of these metal pins outta my ankle/leg and am on the better end of the healing process after 1 1/2 years! Then I am hoping it's game time for scrappin with me! For life challenge I sure have a lot to scrap about with this huh!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to SplendidMoments

Hi!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to hvn101

• hvn101 Said:
i took a picture of my messy desk today. it was a 80 degree Florida day in January. I work all weekend. So I hope to do something tomorrow. My snap album came today.

I got a [email protected] album (M's brand) that has all B/W pages and I hope to start it this week! Can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Hello!

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

Great one, Pat!
Me too! I'm enjoying boring

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to JenKoss

• JenKoss Said:
  • parisdame Said:
Just signed up for ohlife.com! Thanks for the great tip.

A little about myself: I am a transplanted Canadian living in the US. Married for almost 11 years, two kids (a boy 7 and a girl 5)and I am trying PL for the first time this year. I love to travel - spent my birthday in Paris last year and went to London with Sassy Suzi aka Suzette back in September. Love that I found sb.com since I find so much inspiration and great friends here.

Where were you from originally?

Jen

Hi Jen,

I was born in Canada, lived in Australia and Europe for a while and then married an American and moved to the US. My mom was so glad I still live knid of close since she thought i would be on the other side of the world..lol

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

• SplendidMoments Said:
Wow! This place is rockin!!! So good to see! I wished I could participate, but will have to be just a tad bit longer. I am glad the "hostess" understands and allows me to be here!

He scheduled it for this Monday! I am stoked! I finally get all of these metal pins outta my ankle/leg and am on the better end of the healing process after 1 1/2 years! Then I am hoping it's game time for scrappin with me! For life challenge I sure have a lot to scrap about with this huh!

This status update needs a big thumbs up!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to hvn101

• hvn101 Said:

Can you bring a little sunshine my way
It's raining/snowy here and oh so cold!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
  • SplendidMoments Said:

This status update needs a big thumbs up!

Thank you so much Tres!!! Cannot wait to get to know everyone and participate.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• PamStewart.Iowa Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

Great one, Pat!
Me too! I'm enjoying boring

You two are SO funny!
Yes, of course I suppose we all have our limits!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to SonjaC

Not a baby, but a new fur baby in my household. Meet Winston he's an 8 1/2 year old "Westie" from a rescue. He's making himself at home.

Winston By Msmama

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to msmama

Aw he is too cute!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to amancuso

Hi Winston!

My week has been fairly boring - except for ONE thing. It RAINED!

Oh my gosh. RAIN. I'd forgotten what rain SMELLED like.

I went out and took pictures of mud and puddles and splashes.

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6

Hello Project Lifers! I was able to secure a spot, just in time! I just discovered this type of journal a few months ago, and became VERY interested. I've only ever scrapped kids albums. Nephews, nieces, and my son. I only recently began scrapping for myself. DUH

Anyhow, I am very excited to join you, so now I am going to read through all the posts and see what I need to do to catch up.

Can't wait to get started on my year of PL, and getting to know everyone involved!

Edited by smileneyz6 on 01-10-13 09:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to smileneyz6

Hi Crystal!
Just checking in and catching up.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Happy Birthday, Laura!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Happy Birthday, Laura!

Welcome Crystal!

Hello to everyone else!

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Anna C

Happy Birthday Laura!!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

Happy Birthday Laura, enjoy your birthday weekend

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to msmama

I am sorry for being some what MIA / AWOL this week. School started back up and I have been BUSY! But after reading some of the wonderfully nice comments here, I am going to make it a point to check in at least every other day!

And I would just like to say: I am so happy that many of you feel like this is a positive place where you'll be motivated to finish this project!

Next week...check your snail mail boxes!!!

TeriScraps
Governor
TeriScraps
In response to kdsmommy

I'm a late joiner and it has been a busy week, but I got right on week 1. It sounds like a fun place here. Week 2 has been kind of boring, but we got rain too and it was wonderful.
Week 1 By TeriScraps

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to TeriScraps

Here is my first page:
I decided to go 8 1/2 x 11 so I can have the instant gratification of printing and putting in a binder/album. The class I am taking is an online digital by Linda Sattgast called Your Story Brilliant. She has a theme each month and this month it is "People I Love". I plan to do a page for each of the special people in my life but decided to start with me.

PeopleILove-Me By PamStewart.Iowa

I went the website that does anything for $5 and had my signature made into a png file so I could use it on my layouts. I used a quick page on this one because I wanted to concentrate on the journaling.

It's a start! I have finally started My Story 2013!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Happy Birthday Laura!

Welcome Crystal!!

I've got the page all laid out, let's see if I have time this weekend to put it together...

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

Yep, for week 2, I'm scrapping RAIN.

I live in Oklahoma, right smack down in the middle of the drought bowl.

Rain was EXTREMELY welcome. Rain was a BLESSING from heaven. Rain - I had seriously forgotten what it smelled like.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

jci

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina

Sorry for having been mia this week. I had several things going on and I didn't spend much time on line. Part of that was prep for my first crop on Friday night and I'm happy to say, I have my next 2 LO's completed!! I'm very excited about that. I have just a bit of final touches to do on the second, but I have a start on several others. It was a big boost to accomplishing this year's goals. I will get my photos ready to post these next two weeks.

Hope you are all doing well.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Stiina

I've got papers pulled, photos printed, and my lift picked out for the "Scraplift The Person Ahead of You" that I'll be stacking this week.

I'll get started on it as soon as I've had coffee and done morning chores.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

We had a great church service and a quick lunch. Now headed to the hospital to see 2 church friends. Then to Walgreen to print pics and then home for scrappy time!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

Hello ...I haven't been on much this week and didn't do much scrapping until the weekend I still haven't got my stuff for project life yet but I did a page on my favorites to insert between my week 1 and 2. I will post later.

My Favs Jan 2013 By Teresakay

Edited by Teresakay on 01-13-13 01:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

Mine is just about done. I'm waiting on stickles and glossy accents to dry.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to kdsmommy

Project 52 wk 2 Hvn101
Week 2 bad picture of layout

mjjames
Veteran
mjjames
In response to hvn101

Project Life Wk 2 By Mjjames

Hello. Here is my week 2 page. I love reading the comments you guys post here. I am new to forums and threads so I am still getting familiar with all of you. I live in Emmetsburg, Iowa (Northwest Iowa) We are about 30 minutes from the Minnesota border. It is freakin cold today so I got my page done. It is a good inside project. I am happy to be here and to meet all of you! I am having lots of fun with this challenge.

Have a good day!
Michelle

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to mjjames

I edited my gallery so that week 1 and week 2 are now shown together. Not thrilled with this template, so I may try something different next week.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

Week 2

2013 Week 2 By Msmama

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to msmama

Week 2 - Date January 8

RAIN

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

I am still taking the JS class and learning about digi project life. While I have my photos ready, I am not going to post a layout for Week 2 until I complete the class and can use some of the things I have learned to do correctly. I will be checking in here and keeping up(and continuing with my weekly photos) but not gonna post any more digi layouts until I get a better grip on the digi world.

Edited by Anna C on 01-13-13 04:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Anna C

here's mine for week 2
Week 2 By Faithscrapper

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss

• DaNel Hicks Said:
  • JenKoss Said:
JCI.

It is actually a boarder punch. EK Success - Paper Shapers - Slim Profile - Edger Punch - Paw Print

I HAVE to get me one of these - I have a ton of pictures of Molly that I need to get into her scrapbook.

Page 3 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics