Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Winner: Fabricfrenzy January -Scrap Your Pet- Challenge        (Topic#1583601)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Lorna Lee

I am !

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Sorry everyone haven't caught up on sending and spreading my love around, have major dramas going on with my 15 year old daughter and she has me very worried, managed to get 3 hours sleep last night before I had to get up to milk. Hope to catch up soon. Hope everyone is well xxoo

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to mycowsnz

JCI

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to mycowsnz

• mycowsnz Said:
Sorry everyone haven't caught up on sending and spreading my love around, have major dramas going on with my 15 year old daughter and she has me very worried, managed to get 3 hours sleep last night before I had to get up to milk. Hope to catch up soon. Hope everyone is well xxoo

Fifteen. THERE'S an age I wouldn't want to return to for love, blood, or money! They're just big enough for their britches that they think they're big enough for their britches. Truth is, they just don't understand that their britches are bagging around their butts.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to mycowsnz

• mycowsnz Said:

Good luck with the drama! We have a 17 year old and 15 was a hard year. Have a fews years till my daughter is there...hoping for the best.
As far as giving love, no apologies necessary. Give it as you have time. I've known ladies who even continue to give love on a challenge after the month is over.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to klweist

ACU & MMS

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to klweist

here is mine

tradition By Melissadam

off to get acu!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to melissadam

JCI, ACU

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to Lorna Lee

Warning: this post is regarding a personal problem u may not want to read

Oh ladies thank you so much for all your kind words and thoughts. My 15 year old is normally great but she has very low self esteem of herself and after a major incident on Monday night and having to talk to her about it she threatened to commit suicide. So of course alarm bells rang as in our area suicide is very common and Nicole in the last 6 months has been to 2 funerals of people who have died because of this with only one being last week. Also her auntie has attempted this many times and more recently her cousin has tried twice. I rang the local suicide hot line and was told to remove all sharp knives, medicine and keys and keep an eye on her. I managed to stay awake till 1am and then had to get up at 4am to get up and milk the cows. Luckily she had a friend around which kind of helped but was also a problem to. In the end she was ok but then wouldn't talk to me all day and refused to stay the night here last night which really hurt. So I txt her to try and start a line of communication. After awhile she replied and even though we haven't spoken in person at least we have some lines open. There is a long road ahead of us all but with the support of my family, friends and people on here we will get there. Thank you so much for the support and reading.
Love

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to mycowsnz

Michelle, I will put you and your daughter in my prayers. Maybe you can get her involved in a local church youth program. Many churches here have programs for teens. They know how to relate to them and it gives them another outlet besides other confused teens. Just a thought. God bless.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Lorna Lee

Michelle -
I commented on your situation on another thread.

JCI and leaving love!
I have the pics picked out for this challenge just need to print and scrap them!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Lorna Lee

Oh, Michelle. It's so horrible that you're going through this.

Just remember that the best thing you can do is BE HER MOM. Which means, be tough when you need to be, fair every chance you get, mean when it counts, and apologize when you're wrong. Hug her when she'll let you and love her when she won't, and above everything else, remember...

SHE'S JUST A KID! Even though she looks almost grown up, she's still just a little girl, trying desperately to figure out where she fits in the world.

Tell her she's beautiful. Tell her she's strong. Tell her she's smart. Tell her she's perfect.

And don't give up. Ever. She will come through this, and so will you.

Prayers. You sound like you need them.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Lorna Lee

Oh, Michelle. It's so horrible that you're going through this.

Just remember that the best thing you can do is BE HER MOM. Which means, be tough when you need to be, fair every chance you get, mean when it counts, and apologize when you're wrong. Hug her when she'll let you and love her when she won't, and above everything else, remember...

SHE'S JUST A KID! Even though she looks almost grown up, she's still just a little girl, trying desperately to figure out where she fits in the world.

Tell her she's beautiful. Tell her she's strong. Tell her she's smart. Tell her she's perfect.

And don't give up. Ever. She will come through this, and so will you.

Prayers and hugs heading your way. You sound like you need them.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Mine:
Puppy Kisses By FinallyMama
TFL

fabricfrenzy
Idol
fabricfrenzy

LOL!! Love your comment!!

fabricfrenzy
Idol
fabricfrenzy
In response to mycowsnz

I am sending my prayers and love too! I only have boys... I think the God knew I could only handle boys.... It sounds like your going the right things... Best of luck

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to fabricfrenzy

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts, words, encouragement and prayers its amazing how much support online friends can give even though we have never ever met.
Love

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to mycowsnz

acu

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to klweist

Good morning ladies.
Have a blessed day.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Lorna Lee

KristaO
Queen
KristaO

off to update. Loving the new LO`s! Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

TheBeccajb
Diva
TheBeccajb
In response to KristaO

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to TheBeccajb

JCI

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to joydee1963

Just checking in my friends

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to mycowsnz

Wicked Cute Sisters By BoBecca77 My entry, off to leave some love!

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to BoBecca77

acu & mms.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to klweist

JCI

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to FinallyMama

JCI, ACU

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky
In response to Lorna Lee

MMS

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to happy go lucky

mms

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to klweist

acu

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to AuntyT

ACU.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

JCI

Dstanek35
Diva
Dstanek35
In response to KristaO

Hi haven't done a challenge in forever .....GoodLuck all!!!!

*** A Pocket Full Of Love*** Doggie Adorable By Dstanek35

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Dstanek35

jci & acu

TheBeccajb
Diva
TheBeccajb

Just running in to say hi!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to TheBeccajb

acu

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to dancinirish90

Morning! Love the new LO's!

Here is one for sharing,

The Good Life By ~{Puppet}~

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to KristaO

acu

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to AuntyT

All caught up again

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to mycowsnz

Morning! Here is another for sharing,

just wesley By ~{Puppet}~

Scraping4fun25
Mayor
Scraping4fun25
In response to KristaO

Here is my entry for january 2013: My cat prince, who loves attention and being in the middle of everything. [image] csi 54:prince By Axelf85[/image]

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to Scraping4fun25

JCI

fabricfrenzy
Idol
fabricfrenzy

JCI.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to fabricfrenzy

Here's mine (Warning: the journaling is sad):

Chowder By Doreena

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Doreena

acu & mms

amanda27
Pro
amanda27
In response to KristaO

ACU!!! Getting behind this month.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to amanda27

JCI

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

JCI, ACU

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to Lorna Lee

ACU

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to BoBecca77

Just to share. THis is my new foster puppy.

Drink Barq's

suzilea
Diva
suzilea

Oh Joy By Suzilea

Just trying to get back in the swing of things. First layout of our cat we got last year.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to suzilea

acu.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to AuntyT

I got one done! Haven't scrapped my kitties in a loooong time!

*This counts as twist because it's new "to me" paper that I got last week!

Cat Nap **Moxxie** By Byondbzr

Off to leave love!

Edited by byondbzr on 01-21-13 04:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to byondbzr

Just for sharing, this is my cat Cortana when she was a baby.

Cortana By BoBecca77

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to BoBecca77

Just for sharing, this is my other baby midnight.
Midnight By BoBecca77

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to BoBecca77

lovin all the layouts - can't leave love individually as work doesn't allow me to go there gracefully. No internet at home yet after the move - need to wait until Feb.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Ladybing Tammy

acu/mms.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to klweist

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

JCI

klweist
Diva
klweist

mms.

If you are in the arctic chill, like us, stay warm.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to mycowsnz

Hi girls. I'm a little behind on love - not too bad - but I may be invisible for the rest of the week.

I'm participating in the Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge, which is a six week Designer Challenge with a pretty cool prize and DT opportunity. It's providing me with inspiration GALORE while at the same time seriously kicking my hind parts to hither and yonder. There is SO much talent in the participants that I have to seriously step up my game! I passed the first round, and I'm working on my week 2 of 6 which is a "multi-layered" layout.

I'm scrapping a photo of my sister and me from Italy for my project this week, and it's going to be taking up most of my free minutes. I substituted at the Elementary school yesterday, then will again this Friday, I have a class on Thursday, and my project is due on Saturday. Not too much wiggle room in terms of time, but I wanted to pop in and tell you that if you don't see me this week, not to worry.

In the immortal words of Arnold, "I'll be back."

Note to self : Page 7

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

I comment on layouts but always forget to check in! Ugh!
JCI!

Edited by Doreena on 01-23-13 08:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to Doreena

Hi all I think I'm up to date with spreading my love now. I'm in bed again with a tummy bug this time I feel good in myself just wish my tummy did. Its raining here today thank goodness as our town topped NZ's highest temp yesterday and milking cows in that is not nice but sad for my daughter who is doing a car wash today to raise funds for her relay for life team and fundraising for the cancer society. Ok toilet is calling again. Take care all

LREA 
Resident
  • LREA on 01-23-13 05:59 PM
In response to KristaO

No shortage of pet photos around here! This one is of my Mom's adorable dog, Duffy. The "twist" (new item) is the heart brads and the metal frame at the bottom - both acquired at a rubber stamp show less than two weeks ago.

Puppy Love By LREA

Edited by LREA on 01-23-13 06:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MSD
MSD 
Mayor
MSD
  • MSD on 01-23-13 08:08 PM
In response to KristaO

Here is my submission.....

We Wish You A Merry Christmas ***Sketchabilities # 75*** By MSD

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to MSD

Sitting here, having my morning coffee, catching up on the forums with my little cat~dog. Seriously our cats are more lapdog then they are cat. Love my sweet babies!

Kelly, stay warm!!! We're having a pretty warm 30 degree Januray here TG!! Last year it was much colder, barely hitting the teens as a high.

Pat, I look forward to your Italy LO. I have a huge stack of pics I took when we were there, hope I can do them justice!!

Michelle, hope you feel better soon! Kuddos to your DD on the car wash, hope they get a good turnout. When we get back stateside I plan on getting very involved in cancer related fundraisers, as well as hospice support. Both groups need as much support as they can get.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to BoBecca77

acu/mms.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to klweist

Pat sounds like you are feeling better and good luck in the contest!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to BoBecca77

• BoBecca77 Said:
Sitting here, having my morning coffee, catching up on the forums with my little cat~dog. Seriously our cats are more lapdog then they are cat. Love my sweet babies!

Kelly, stay warm!!! We're having a pretty warm 30 degree Januray here TG!! Last year it was much colder, barely hitting the teens as a high.

Pat, I look forward to your Italy LO. I have a huge stack of pics I took when we were there, hope I can do them justice!!

Michelle, hope you feel better soon! Kuddos to your DD on the car wash, hope they get a good turnout. When we get back stateside I plan on getting very involved in cancer related fundraisers, as well as hospice support. Both groups need as much support as they can get.

I'm jealous! Our kitty hates to cuddle... well actually she hates to cuddle w/ anyone except my husband (her "grampy") which is hilarious because he is the only one in the house who hates cats! WTH?! LOL!
But I do have an adorable lap dog so that takes a bit of the sting away...

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Doreena

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

JCI

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz

Just checking in to say hi and wanted to spread some love I'm now all caught up

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky
In response to mycowsnz

MMS.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Working on cu, but I'm starting to get sleepy. I'll finish up these tabs in the morning. Nite!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Just to share. THis is my new foster puppy.

Drink Barq's

I've thought of fostering, but I get attached & don't know if I could let them go....

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • BoBecca77 Said:

I'm jealous! Our kitty hates to cuddle... well actually she hates to cuddle w/ anyone except my husband (her "grampy") which is hilarious because he is the only one in the house who hates cats! WTH?! LOL!

I've heard cats like people who ignore them because they consider it polite behavior! Who knows if that's true or not. My cat only cuddles when she wants to be warm or if I'm busy doing something. I don't know how many times I've attempted to clean or do some other things with one hand while holding her on my shoulder.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to AuntyT

• AuntyT Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • BoBecca77 Said:

I've heard cats like people who ignore them because they consider it polite behavior! Who knows if that's true or not. My cat only cuddles when she wants to be warm or if I'm busy doing something. I don't know how many times I've attempted to clean or do some other things with one hand while holding her on my shoulder.

The kitty only wants our love either late at night, when we are trying to sleep, or first thing in the morning! It's really weird!!!
In the morning when I am trying to get ready for work she is always trying to play w/ me by sticking her paws under the bathroom door. LOL! So I let her in and she is all playful and loving! But later on during the day she acts like she can't stand me!

Of course these rules don't apply to my husband who she wants to play or cuddle with all the time! So not fair!

Oh, and she loves hanging out w/ me when I scrapbook, but I think it's more because she loves my scrapbook supplies so much, lol! She plays with my stuff and even takse a nap right in the middle of all my papers and supplies. Not very conducive to creating!

Edited by Doreena on 01-25-13 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Doreena

acu

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Snuggles By NMscrapper

Here'e mine

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963
In response to NMscrapper

my dog By Joydee1963 Just wanted to share my lastest lo of my dog Speckles.Already enter my lo for Challenge.

TheBeccajb
Diva
TheBeccajb

Hi!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:

I've thought of fostering, but I get attached & don't know if I could let them go....

The way I think about it is this...

When I place one, I can save another one. I'm making a small difference, one life at a time.

KristaO
Queen
KristaO

Morning! Hope everyone had a great week. I have a foster dog that has been staying with me since Sunday night. A 3yr old chocolate lab named Cooper. Wes loves having a friend around! He will only be here until Wednesday and then he's off to his forever home. I knew he wouldn't take long for him to be adopted, he is such a good boy! I'll share a LO of him later on today.

Off to update. Loving all the new LO's!

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to KristaO

Here is a LO of Cooper my foster dog,

Cooper By ~{Puppet}~

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to KristaO

JCI

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

jci...acu...how do you choose??? they are all just too adorable!!!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-26-13 12:18 PM
In response to MarciLB

Here is a LO with Pearl and my son Preston on Christmas Day.

Believe January LO #18 By Vawm

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to vawm

ACU, hope everyone's having a good weekend!

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky
In response to BoBecca77

ACU and mms.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

JCI

klweist
Diva
klweist

I started my pet layout last night. Will finish up today and, hopefully, post later or tomorrow.

acu/mms

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to klweist

Good morning ladies. ACU, I think. There are so many fabulous LOs. It is going to be really hard to pick this month.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Lorna Lee

JCI

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

acu

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

jci

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • charcats7 Said:

The way I think about it is this...

When I place one, I can save another one. I'm making a small difference, one life at a time.

That is wonderful Pat - still- maybe once my military time is done & I'm able to be home more-

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to charcats7

jci...will post my lo later.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to klweist

Here it is:

Surfing the NET By Klweist

Forgot to add...with the twist. Just bought the paw print strip and the animal tracks stickers.

Edited by klweist on 01-29-13 01:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vincarash
Diva
vincarash
In response to klweist

Here is my entry this month. I did use my new Ingrid Bolme distressing tool for the edges.

Huggable By Vincarash

Edited by vincarash on 01-29-13 01:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics