Username Post: What are your favorite paper crafting techniques?        (Topic#1583687)
Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I love to ink and distress. What do you like to do?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Crafting Marfa

Inking and chalking

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Same as you,distress ink and distress paper. Also punches.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-31-12 09:10 AM
In response to CrimsonMama

Ink, sprays, and cutting out things with my BigShot and Gazelle.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to stick

Color blocking and pp blocking.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I'm 'punch happy'.. love punches. Also like to mat photos a lot, and keep my layouts simple.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Sunnydi

Layering mats and pop dots. Always add a gem flat back pearl, or a dot of Viva pearl Pen.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to pinkpaperairedale

matting, punching, ripping, layering, distressing, misting, grunging, inking, sewing, lacing ...

everything

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to madmatter

Everything lol!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Mia1979

Other than finish a project... I love to find papers that compliment each other.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to 950nancy

i love inking. haven't quite gotten into gems and bling yet and I've been scrapping for years.I also like destressing.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to cescrapper

Matting and layering and I love to journal on my pages. Just love that part of it and the research that often goes with it. Researching the history of Mt. Rushmore today to put on a layout.

I love to distress but I am very minimal with it.

Since our first granddaughter was born about 15 months ago I've been doing a lot of things I never thought I would do like clustering flowers and using buttons.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Henri Jean

My number one "technique" is probably heat embossing....I use it A LOT!
I also use inking and sewing a lot on my layouts. I'd like to get in the habit of embossing my papers more.....I bought a bunch of embossing folders and have used them a bit but I keep forgetting about them!
I use Mod Podge sometimes and Gesso sometimes too....

Alison

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kiyawinn

- collage & layering

- pop-dots & bling

- embossing, stamping, sewing (3 techniques which I probably use the least, but usually love the end results when I actually use all of them individually!)

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to KellyCali

Inking and distressing. Love to do them and the look.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to SherylEb

Wow, there are so many techniques! When I started scrapping about 10 years ago I didn't have a clue that there was such a world of techniques out there.

My boyfriend gave me a BigShot machine for Christmas. But we didn't know that it came with not dies or embossing folders. I just ordered some today so I'll be waiting on pins and needles. I especially want to try dry embossing.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I love distressing and inking and painting and using sprays and powders and stamping and embossing and and and

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Kim222

punching!!! and I guess I like matting too!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Juansmom

Inking, layering, and I use my Cuttlebug on practically every project.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 01-03-13 05:05 AM
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I'd say layering and sewing. I stitch on almost all of my cards and layouts.

Diva
In response to IzzyB

I liek to try everyhting. It depends upon the picture, them and time available. USe layering papers, matting some times, embellishment, punches, chipboard, bling, etc.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to bayamonesa1

I like distressing withmy little tim holtz tool or my prima tool and with my inks.

I also like layering different patterned papers too

tbross71
Veteran
tbross71
In response to Cindyckj

It really depends on the photo.... If it's old or nature subjects I like to really distress alot. I'm a theme kinda person too.. Depending on the theme,:example my husband and I went to grand canyon so while there we walked down into the canyon so I picked up some really cool rocks from the canyon and brought them home and included them in the LO. When I visited Savannah I brought moss back and included in several LO from Savannah..

New Kid On the Block
In response to tbross71

I really like bling, inking, clustering and layering. I haven't mastered clustering, but I'm starting to work on it.

Edited by SunshineOnMyShoulders on 01-06-13 05:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to SunshineOnMyShoulders

I like punching, hand stitching with my Bazzill templates, and using brads, eyelets, bling, flowers, ribbon, trim and buttons. I`d like to try painting, misting and inking this year.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to JenKoss

die cutting.

specifically spellbinders.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to CommaHolly

Really Holly? What a surprise that spellbinders would be your fav Who woulda thunk it? ~Judy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Really Holly? What a surprise that spellbinders would be your fav Who woulda thunk it? ~Judy

I know, right?

I knew you all would be surprised

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to IzzyB

if I had to rank, it would be (1) punching (2) fussy cutting, and (3) distress inking) looove that stuff. i'm not confident enough for stamping on the main papers - have to give it lots of tries before actually doing, esp. with darker backgrounds. sewing is too long - pull out the machine, the threads, etc. - too long)) same with die cutting - or at least in my imagination it is))

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

I have fallen in love with all things vintage and distressed. Therefore, anything that fits in with that is on my list of favorites. So far that includes inking, distressing, stamping, tearing (oh, how I LOVE tearing), and I like to make my own embellies (as well as elements to illustrate stories with no photos). In my latest project punching and fussy cutting have been added. When I first started scrapping, I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going and would find myself paralyzed. It was so bad that one page could take me a couple of weeks to complete. Now I am often shocked at what I find myself doing and how quickly pages have started to come together for me. Can we ever have too many techniques? Nah, couldn’t be. That would be like having too many tools, papers, etc.

Edited by Ms. Fit on 01-07-13 06:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics