Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Book of Me Challenge January 2013        (Topic#1583867)
GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to msmama

I've been trying to come up with a milestones photo - but so far I'm having a lot of trouble. I've pretty much already SCRAPPED all my major milestones.

I'm going to have to get a little creative, I think. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still lurking!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-14-13 10:53 AM
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Acu!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to TesaB

JCI ladies!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to pamela.tx

Jci My husband deployed yesterday, so a lot of January has gotten away from me. I am still pushing to get a layout for this done before the end of the month, though.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to arteshamac

Acu to here

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• arteshamac Said:
My husband deployed yesterday

Where'd they send him? My daughter was stationed in Iraq last year. We'll be praying for your husband's safe return!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to msmama

• msmama Said:
Good job Jacki! I need to get my butt moving, I only have 2, thank goodness we have this challenge.

You are right on that one... I scrap my daughters and the American Legion Auxiliary. In November 2012 I thought 'I wonder why I have never scrapped myself?' So I did two pages...my birth and an Easter with my girls. Nothing else until this challenge!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to J. Washington

• wapygirl Said:
How awesome is it that I have 7, yes 7, layouts in my BOM now! lol I only had 2 before January!

Jacki that is soooooo AWESOME!!! WhooHoo!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• arteshamac Said:
Jci My husband deployed yesterday, so a lot of January has gotten away from me. I am still pushing to get a layout for this done before the end of the month, though.

Artesha- I completely understand. Mine is at a 3mo school- he'll be able to come home this weekend & next month for President's day- so not like a deployment- but there is still a void. And adjustment to take care of things around the house. And then bad weather happens & my son hydroplaned and wrecked his car- He is okay- but the car doesn't look so good. His guardian angel had to have been with him as by looking at where he slid off- up the embankment- and then back down to the shoulder- that car could have flipped over on its top & then it would have been really bad. A car can be replaced. We had a long talk about speeding in the rain & how by the grace of God he is okay. He's 22 & somehow he seems to listen more now than when he was a teen. Even while we were there & the tow truck had just shown up to get his car- a teenage girl spun out right behind us- if I hadn't moved my truck forward several feet- she would have hit us. She was okay- just very upset & scared. But she hit her brakes on that wet road & turned her car into a sled. I think my son had the foresight not to touch his brakes at least. But all is okay- just those things that my DH normally would have handled. But we do what we must do.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I've been trying to come up with a milestones photo - but so far I'm having a lot of trouble. I've pretty much already SCRAPPED all my major milestones.

I'm going to have to get a little creative, I think. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still lurking!

Pat- it doesn't have to have a photo- or you can take a photo the seems to represent.... whatever works

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

Char, EVERYTHING seems to happen when my DH is away, but I just have to put on my big girl panties and handle it! There IS a big void there, though. Thank God that your son was ok! And you're right...a car can be replaced, but he definitely can't!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

Thank you Char!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• arteshamac Said:
Char, EVERYTHING seems to happen when my DH is away, but I just have to put on my big girl panties and handle it! There IS a big void there, though. Thank God that your son was ok! And you're right...a car can be replaced, but he definitely can't!

I feel ya- but sometimes those big girl panties aren't comfortable at all

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

No, they aren't!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Yep. Mine always end up in my butt crack. :-(

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

Char, I'm thankful he's ok!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to Faithscrapper

here is another milestone: junior prom!
Everything I Do By Wapygirl

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-16-13 09:16 PM

Wonderful page, Jacki!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009

• wapygirl Said:
here is another milestone: junior prom!
Everything I Do By Wapygirl

Awesome page! Sorry I haven't checked in in a while....still hoping to get a BOM started! OMG! Have to find some time!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jenniferd1009

Jci.. Char, sorry to hear about your son's car wreck, thank God he's ok though. Artesha -How long is he deployed for?

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Lookin4newideas

Acu.....

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

9 months So don't be surprised if you ladies here me say,"I can't wait until October!"

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Faithscrapper Said:
Char, I'm thankful he's ok!

Me too - I pray God's hedge of protection around him - I know he'll come around one day- meanwhile his guardian angel keeps working

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• arteshamac Said:
9 months So don't be surprised if you ladies here me say,"I can't wait until October!"

That's a good things tho- a date to look forward to

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

It sure is, Char...although you ladies may be saying,"Stop rushing this year, girl!"

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to charcats7

mind if I play along? I tried last year but I really didn't get anywhere.

artesha - praying for your hubby's safe return home. Thank him for his service and yours as well. You're home w/ your family keeping up morale and keeping your lives together.

Char, glad to hear your son is safe.

Here's my page:

If she only knew By Rubymillerand

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Monique_McCoy

Yay, I got a 2pgr done for my BOM:

page 1:
*School pics page 1 By Lookin4newideas
page2
*School pics page 2 By Lookin4newideas

Resident

mind if i join in... am i too late?? i will have my january challenge done by the end of january and be ready for feb ... i promise... pretty please lol.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to dee.is.me

Great job on the LOs ladies!! I'll get mine done this weekend. Happy Friday!

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne

I think I'm going to do this challenge every other month, and the Ugly Paper challenge the other months. That way, I'm doing a page (or two) a month and don't get overwhelmed. I'll start over here....have a layout in mind now~

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6
In response to Jalynne

Monique, that page was very inspiring. I think I might do something similar one of these days.

Got to get my swaps completed so I can focus on this page, I know what I want to do, but also a little anxious about the topic.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to smileneyz6

mine's done. The milestone part is the hidden journaling. If you pull the ribbon on the chimney there's a journaling card. On it I talk about how I used to feel that being a mom was what I did best and how I now know that is not true. Thanks for challenging us to do this, I think it's been healing for us all!!
This Nest Is Not So Empty By Faithscrapper

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

jci!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-20-13 08:18 AM

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6
In response to TesaB

I finally found the song I was looking for, to do my page. It took me a few days to figure out the name of the artist. Can't wait to begin!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

did my 8th grade graduation!
Valedictorian By Wapygirl

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

oh yeah...and my 17th birthday when I got to see Rod Stewart!!

Birthday Girl By Wapygirl

Edited by wapygirl on 01-21-13 12:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Great job everyone - got the front updated. My DH was home for the weekend from school so I haven't done any scrapping until today- hoping to get to work in the evenings too.

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-21-13 10:11 PM
In response to charcats7

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to TesaB

JCI

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to pamela.tx

Have a couple ideas brewing for next month- we will have 2 things- 1 will be serious the other a fun/whimsy topic

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

Jci Still hoping to get my lo done before the month is out!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I think I figured out a milestone project.

I added the Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge to my plate. It's a six-week Designer Challenge with a pretty cool prize and DT opportunity. It's providing me with inspiration GALORE while at the same time seriously kicking my hind parts to hither and yonder. There are SO many talented participants. I've really had to step up my game! I passed the first round (I have no idea HOW, but I'm grateful), and I'm working on my week 2 of 6 which is a "multi-layered" layout.

I'm scrapping a photo of my sister and me from Italy for my project this week, and it's going to be taking up most of my free minutes. I substituted at the Elementary school yesterday, then will again this Friday, I have a class on Thursday, and my project is due on Saturday. Not too much wiggle room in terms of time, but I wanted to pop in and tell you that if you don't see me this week, not to worry.

In the immortal words of Arnold, "I'll be back."

But when I get back, I'll post my project. If a trip to Europe for a little country girl from Oklahoma isn't a milestone, I'm not sure what is.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
Have a couple ideas brewing for next month- we will have 2 things- 1 will be serious the other a fun/whimsy topic

I can hardly wait (:

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to msmama

Pat I can hardly wait to see your project.

Hope everyone is having a great week

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to msmama

Pat I can hardly wait to see your project.

Hope everyone is having a great week

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to charcats7

Hmmmmm! I have been trying to do a BOM and realised I have a small handicap.....I appear not to have any pics of me! I am always the one taking them! Maybe I'll do one with no pic.....

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Jci I am still hoping to get something done before the end of the month. Well, Jen, you HAVE to change that immediately! Note to self: start being the one photographed more this year!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• jenniferd1009 Said:
Hmmmmm! I have been trying to do a BOM and realised I have a small handicap.....I appear not to have any pics of me! I am always the one taking them! Maybe I'll do one with no pic.....

you don't need a photo - the page I'm working up so far doesn't have one...

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

• jenniferd1009 Said:

I am in the same boat! I am always the photographer and hardly ever get pictures taken of me.

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to pamela.tx

There aren't many of me since I have had my kids, but I never got around to starting my book until recently...so I have been doing my childhood and highschool photos! After 2003...fewer and fewer photos of me!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I won't get this one done before the end of the month. But I know what I want/should do so I will do it maybe next month.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Scrap-Time

I understand Kathy

Isn't that funny/sad how when we get busy in life we are the one's recording it, but not shown in it? I've had to consciously hand the camera to my DH or DS & say- please take some photos of me doing this or putting this together. I've even set up my tripod & used the timer or else there wouldn't have been any photos of me at all.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to charcats7

Jacki, let the kids take pics of you. They get so excited when they see the results!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Faithscrapper Said:
Jacki, let the kids take pics of you. They get so excited when they see the results!!

Great idea- they would have a blast- it's not like wasting film anymore- in the digital world you can sift thru them so much easier & print what you like

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to charcats7

Ok, girls. Mine is finally ready to meet the public.

Here's my Milestone. I scrapped a picture of my sister and me from this past October when we went to Italy. I've wanted to go to Italy for as long as I can remember. This trip was a major milestone for me. My first "real" trip out of the country (we went to Mexico on a day drive a long time ago, but we only were there for the afternoon). If a trip to Europe for a small town country girl from Oklahoma isn't a milestone, I'm not sure what is.

Some Memories ~*~Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge~*~

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
  • Faithscrapper Said:

Great idea- they would have a blast- it's not like wasting film anymore- in the digital world you can sift thru them so much easier & print what you like

Does sound like fun! lol...i am imagining the points of view...hahaha...may not be such a pretty sight, but definitely entertaining and worth a try!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

here is one about a move away from home/family when I was a baby.
chattanooga By Wapygirl

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Ok, girls. Mine is finally ready to meet the public.

Here's my Milestone. I scrapped a picture of my sister and me from this past October when we went to Italy. I've wanted to go to Italy for as long as I can remember. This trip was a major milestone for me. My first "real" trip out of the country (we went to Mexico on a day drive a long time ago, but we only were there for the afternoon). If a trip to Europe for a small town country girl from Oklahoma isn't a milestone, I'm not sure what is.

Some Memories ~*~Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge~*~

Pat this page is STUNNING!!! I think that challenge really did something as this is an amazing page- love all the layers & details- I just stared at is for awhile when it came up. Love that about your photo pose- how fun. Would love to see when you do the then & now page.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to charcats7

Thanks, Char. I really did have a lot of fun doing it, but it WAS a challenge, no question.

I'll be looking forward to next month's projects!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

• smileneyz6 Said:
Monique, that page was very inspiring. I think I might do something similar one of these days.

Got to get my swaps completed so I can focus on this page, I know what I want to do, but also a little anxious about the topic.

Thanks. Can't wait to see what you come up w/. I don't like opening up an feeling vulnerable, but I felt it was time. We're going to be moving soon (leaving Florida, heading to Maine) and I'm trying to come up w/ ways to let the past go. It's driving me nuts.

Faithscrapper, love your idea of the hidden journaling in the chimney.

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-27-13 10:35 AM
In response to Monique_McCoy

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to TesaB

working up some details for next month's challenge- hope to be posting it soon

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to charcats7

jci!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

not sure if i can still participate so i'm going to submit an entry and if you are already closed then you can all just enjoy.

My milestone was my son being born at 29 weeks by emergency c-section. He was born at 311pm and because of the amount of medication I was on i was not allowed to see him on his "birth" day. It was not until the next mid morning that I was allowed to see him (I had to get the doctor's approval to leave my room). I then had to get the introductions to the NICU before I could even enter my son's pod room. My mom wheeled me over to his bed where I sat staring at him (so small in his incubator). When the nurse asked if I wanted to hold him I couldn't stop crying. After I stopped crying, the nurse got Kyle out of the incubator and placed him in my arms. This picture was taken right after the nurse stepped away:
"http://[url=http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/807413/v... I knew I loved you By Beck_bear

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to beck_bear

Thank you for sharing Becky! That is an amazing milestone!

JCI!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

That's amazing Becky- what a wonderful story- what a wonderful photo to have. I have no photos of me holding my son until a couple weeks later. Precious memories

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

We've had 16 submissions so far - awesome job everyone.

We'll accept milestone pages up until Thursday the 31st- then we'll officially open the February BOM challenge. I am working that up & it will hopefully be ready to post tonight so you can start those creative gears turning

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to charcats7

can't wait Char, this month was great!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Here is the link to February's challenge- remember- you still have until 31Jan to post your Milestones LO here

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15845...

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to charcats7

and another one, reflecting on the day my son was moved from his toaster (aka incubator) to his big boy bed (aka the bucket):

Freedom By Beck_bear

TeriScraps
Governor
TeriScraps
In response to beck_bear

I have been MIA, but have this on my to do list for this month!!! I will also be checking back to leave some love!

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to TeriScraps

Hi everyone, unfornately due to time commitments I won't be able to add a layout for this challenge this month even though I know what I want to do time has just gotten away with me. Two of my girls head back to school tomorrow after having 6 weeks off for summer hols and I have been covering books instead of doing layouts this week. I hope to be able to participate next month when things aren't so crazy

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to mycowsnz

I completely understand Michelle - you are still welcome to share the Milestone LO on the new thread should you decide to still do it

Becky- those are great milestones- everything about a child changes our lives

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to charcats7

After I get my research paper done, I can play with other kinds of paper tomorrow! I WILL get something done tomorrow.

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6

I have finally been able to work on my milestone. It was supposed to be a 2 page layout, for 2 parts to the milestone, but it looks like I might only complete 1 by the deadline. I scrap ooooh soooo slowly. It's curious timing, as the anniversary is rolling around on Saturday. Hmm. I plan on working on it all day, I am still going to try and get both accomplished But at least I should have a picture of the first one later this evening. My first LO for a scrapbook about ME. yay!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Yay, Crystal! Can't wait to see what you have created:)

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

JCI

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-31-13 10:15 AM

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to TesaB

jci

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6

I am almost done, and I think this may end up being one of my fav. pages I have done. I will post a picture of it tomorrow.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Hi everyone - you are more than welcome to post your LOs still- Crystal sounds like you've been working hard - can hardly wait to see it.

I didn't get to finish mine- had a migraine the past 2 days & didn't get much of anything done

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 02-01-13 07:28 AM
In response to charcats7

I'm sorry Char, hope you feel better now!!! Migraine is the worst!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to TesaB

jci

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6
In response to beck_bear

Remember By Smileneyz6

Finally. There it is. I am not completely finished, I am going to add a few more paper roses/rosettes but it's done 'enough'.

I tried to load it last night, for over 30 minutes, but this website wouldn't cooperate! ha. just so happens that today is the day of estimated delivery.

Going to breakfast now & to buy some flowers, to offer some quite remembrance.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Crystal- that is an amazing page & incredible story.

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6
In response to charcats7

TY It was helpful to make the page, therapeutic.

When will the next theme be posted?

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

already has http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15845...

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics