Username Post: Older Fiskars 12"        (Topic#1583891)
New Kid On the Block

I have an old Fiskars 12" rotary paper cutter and the bottom pad that the blade rolls on is shot. The dimensions for the pad are 15" long, 3/8" wide, 1/16" thick. It also has hold down tape on one side. Where can I find a replacement or something else that will work?

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to muppet11

Which trimmer is it like? Because there are the two replacement bars.

New Kid On the Block
In response to fknapoleon

I am really not sure. Neither one sounds like the correct one. The wear marks on the old one are down the very center and there in sticky tape on the back side. I don't see how it could be turned around. If I had the dimensions of the two you suggested I think I could tell which might work.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to muppet11

I just checked my Fiskers rotary and the replacement bar is 15". I always turn mine over before replacing it. Did you try that.

I buy my replacement bars at Michaels - very inexpensive with the Fiskers trimmer stuff. In fact I bought several a few months ago but ai just bought more.

Are you sure yours has sticky tape on the back side? Mine is a bit of a struggle to pry out of the slot but there is no sticky tape.

WHen it needs to be changed I just turn it around but still on the same side so I make a new cutting groove.

Then I turn it completely over and I can make one cutting groove and then another when I turn that side around. THey seem to last 2-3 years before I have to turn them around. THe life of one of the bars for me seems to be 7-8 years using both sides and making 3 grooves in addition to the one it comes with.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Henri Jean

WOW I have had mine for almost 18 yr. The strip is completely cut through rite down the center. I got one and there was no way it would fit, to wide and to short. Maybe time to get a new cutter.LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to muppet11

I would call Fiskers first - their customer service is outstanding. THey are always quick to help.

Someone on the boards one day was complaining about a Fisker's product and somehow Fisker's customer service heard about it signed up on the boards here and answered and gave a special email address to send the problem and they made it good immediately. They are one of the better companies to work with.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics