Username Post: Spellbinders storage?        (Topic#1584371)
meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

Is there a product out there that is for the Spellbinders nesties' storage? Or has anyone done a homemade storage system? I'm starting to accumulate more than a few and am really needing a storage system for them now!

TIA!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to meezerpleaser

I made my own. I use a Tim Holtz binder, use the stamp pages that go in it, and take my framelits or nesties and put them on magnetic vent covers (found at Home Depot or Lowes). Put the magnetic sheet inside the pocket of the stamp page! Done and easy!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I Just got me one of these. I had made my own with magnetic tape, but this will be even handier. The only thing I would change is that it is not big enough to put the cutting and embossing plates in. Still, very handy. Taking them in and out of the plastic sleave they come in gets a little old.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CrimsonMama

I use the Art Bin case and sheets pictured above....I find it really handy. They all fit inside and the whole thing sits on my shelf...
It works for Spellbinders and my QuicKutz nested dies.
I love it!

Alison

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kiyawinn

I need to come up with some kind of homebrew solution to storing a QuicKutz cookie-cutter alphabet. I have lots of magnetic sheets (left over from the magnetic calendars we get every year from our insurance agency).

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to aquabunny

I store mine in DVD cases.

I put colored paper in the front of the case (they are color coded by nesties, shapeabilities, other brand dies, etc) and then cut the cardboard part with the pic to fit (usually 7 inches),,,,,and place that over the paper under the clear plastic sheet. That way I can tell instantly whether I have all the dies in the set when I clean up,,,,,or if I'm missing one.

I also label the spine, so they can stand up on a shelf and I can find what I want pretty quickly.

spellbinder storage By CommaHolly

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-22-13 01:08 PM
In response to CommaHolly

I use the ArtBin case as well, love it!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to kiyawinn

Wow, I just started organizing mine and you can get a LOT of sheets into it. I would say at least 18-24. That's awesome.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw

I bought an inexpensive loose-leaf binder at WM, and regular page protectors. Avery makes a printable 8 1/2x11 magnet paper that fits right in the protectors. All my thin nesties and cookie cutter alphas are stored in here. If you place them diagonally, even the 12" border dies will fit on the page. On the opposite (left)side of the magnetic (black side) pages, I put a piece of the cheap Georgia Pacific white card stock with a cut sample of the dies on that page. This also serves to stiffen the magnetic pages to keep them from bending. So all my dies are on the right and the cut samples on the left. You could also use regular dividers with tabs to mark different themes or types. Inexpensive way to store all those thin dies. In the back I have put cut samples of all my alphas so I can look through them to see which ones I want to use...I just cut out the name of the font in that font and glued them on some cardstock and slipped them in the page protectors. I intend to cut samples from my border punches, etc and add them, but haven't gotten around to that yet.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to stick

I also use the Artbin case. It comes with 3 magnetic boards and I bought 2 more 3-packs. All nine fit into the case, along with the cardboard backings from the dies that I keep at the bottom of the case, plus my cuttlebug plates. For my birthday I'll ask for another case and hopefully receive more dies :>) ~Judy

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to mrsdriver5

I love the artbin I can take it with me and not worry about losing anything and everything is just right there

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Sneezy1956

I recently made myself a binder. I ordered 2 packs of 4xA4 (roughly 8.5"x11") magnetic sheets of the thin kind you can make fridge magnets out of. I punched holes in them and put them into a regular office 4-ring binder. I have a plastic wallet (containing the packaging for each die set) and a piece of office card between them to stop them sticking together.

It works for me. It sits neatly on my shelf, isn't too heavy, and is great for throwing into my tote for cropping. It cost me just the price of the magnetic sheets, because I had everything else already.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

• CommaHolly Said:
I store mine in DVD cases.

I put colored paper in the front of the case (they are color coded by nesties, shapeabilities, other brand dies, etc) and then cut the cardboard part with the pic to fit (usually 7 inches),,,,,and place that over the paper under the clear plastic sheet. That way I can tell instantly whether I have all the dies in the set when I clean up,,,,,or if I'm missing one.

I also label the spine, so they can stand up on a shelf and I can find what I want pretty quickly.

spellbinder storage By CommaHolly

I do pretty much this as well.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to disneylisa

I LOVE the way I store my Nesties ...

I use DVD clear plastic sleeves (bought from Target in a pack of 25 ... I'm on my second pack ... shhhh) ... they are the same height and width as the DVD cases, but SO much thinner!

I cut cardboard to fit into the sleeve and then glue a magnetic backing to it ... each Nesties set gets its own sleeve. I then cut the thin cardboard label from the Nesties package to fit in the sleeve, so I know what's in each one easily AND how many dies are in the set

All the sleeves fit easily upright in a small plastic open top tote with a handle (what you might keep make-up in) ... I organize them by type (ovals, circles, labels, flowers, motifs, and so on) and can easily access what I need.

The whole thing takes up about 6x8 inches on my desk and I can find what I need in a few seconds (and it cost very little)

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to madmatter

Mad, do you have pictures? I really like this idea.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to flintridgescrapper

I may have to move to Mad's way since I keep buying nesties, and now have two shelves full of nesties. I have to count again, but I think I now have 70 or so sets and singles I don't have enough room for another 2 shelves worth of nesties (but oh how I want them!)

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I will take some pics and get them posted today or tomorrow

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to madmatter

i have mine in books i made
they are 8 1/2 x11 chipboard sheets binded together adn each sheet has magnetic sheets on there. can hold a few sets per sheet.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• CommaHolly Said:
I may have to move to Mad's way since I keep buying nesties, and now have two shelves full of nesties. I have to count again, but I think I now have 70 or so sets and singles I don't have enough room for another 2 shelves worth of nesties (but oh how I want them!)

You are my idol. I only have about 20 sets.

I'm using the artbin plastic thing with the magnetic sheets. I cut the cardboard from all of the sets and put those on a ring so I can flip through and see what I have or want to use. Not sure if I like it or not yet, just started using it.

Diva
In response to pugs223

Great ideas in this site! Thanks for sharing.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-24-13 09:13 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

Peg - What I do to see everything in one place is I created a catalog in Word. Just a table, I copy the image of each die or die set from the manufacturer's or a store's website, paste it into the table, and type the brand and the name of the set underneath, also sometimes the style of die so I know which box to look in. I organize the images into themes - so everything that's a basic shape, label style, or journalling type shape is all together. All the christmas ones. All the halloween ones. Trees and flowers and grass and other foliage. Etc.

Since I have many different types and sizes of dies - Nesties, Sizzix Bigz, Sizzlets, border dies, Sizzix alphabet sets, Quickutz 4x4s and 2x2s, and assorted other flat dies - this catalog system makes it easy to see everything at once without having to pull out a dozen different boxes.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to stick

You guys have some awesome ideas - I'm vascillating between the 8 1/2 x 11 magnetic sheets inside page protectors and the ArtBin system. Decisions, decisions.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I'm leaning toward the magnetic sheets, since I have only a few sets of magnetic dies and don't plan to expand much beyond that.

Like Stick, I also keep a catalog of all my dies and embossing folders, but unlike hers, mine's in a binder and I've cut samples of everything, with little labels stating the name and type of the die, and the designer and release date if I know it - also the manufacturer's item number. These are set up in a bunch of categories. This way I can also immediately tell what size a shape will be. (I don't do full alphabets - just 1,2,3 and uppercase and lowercase of A,B,C.)

I also keep samples of my stamps and punches in there as well (with information about manufacturer and what type of punch or stamp it is), which is helpful when I need to know the brand and item name (for tagging items used here on sb.com, for example) or, when browsing through looking for a stamp to use, whether or not I'll need to get out an acrylic block.

Portions of this type of book would definitely be well-suited to baseball-card protectors, since it would be great to be able to add new products without having to make them fit on the pages already assigned to whatever category, or get rid of unused and unwanted products without having them linger in the book. I'm a bit behind on updating it with new products I got for Christmas.

Inventory Binder - Sizzix Dies By Aquabunny

Inventory Binder - Sizzix Embossing Folders By Aquabunny

Inventory Binder - Sizzix Alphabets By Aquabunny

Inventory Binder - Stamps By Aquabunny

Inventory Binder - Punches By Aquabunny

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to aquabunny

omgosh, you guys are just WAY too organized for me

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

I had an artbin with magnetic sheets - didn't work for me, returned. Now debating between the dvd cases and a folder: the folder I have is a small 5*7 zipped binder (from an organizer/yearbook type calendar). Leaning towards the binder: First, it zips all around so there is no chance something will fall out. second, it's small so i'm okay with one page per set and not putting too many sets together and confusing myself. third, I don't want to do full sheets magnetic - I'm thinking, magnetic strip through the center or two parallel ones (for smaller dies) - nestabilities should hold that way for sure. Love all the ideas here, especially thin dvd boxes! If I could only figure out what to do with quickuts that aren't magnetic?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

Well, I do have an inventory binder and I do have my punches like that but not my dies. Hmmmmmm,

I do have a list of all of my stamps and papers. I have duplicated a couple of times.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

All y'alls organization skills have made my head spin.

I don't know if any of you know- but I have LOTS of supplies.

And you know I how 'organize' it?

Spellbinders in this pile.

Washi in that pile, but in a box so that it doesn't roll all around the floor.

Stamps- in that pile, piled on top of the binder where I tried to organize and store them all on plastic sheets.

Anything square is stacked. Done!

;-)

but one day.....

-k

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to designguyKORY

sounds better than my organizing, Kory

kaye222
Governor
kaye222

Here is how I store mine....
Hope it helps...

http://kaye2222.blogspot.com/2012/06/stamp-storage -solu...

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to kaye222

I made a video of my "Nesties" storage system for those who wanted more info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLYbaFwGzKk&a mp;feature=...

the video quality isn't fab, but you should be able to get the idea

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to madmatter

Mad, thank you so much for doing this video. I love this way of storing them, and I'm sure I'll "steal" it & do mine this way!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to flintridgescrapper

you're welcome

it really is a super cheap and easy way to store them and the best part is how little room they all take

AND because they are so easily accessible, I can find what I need in a flash

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to madmatter

mad thats a good idea

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Briannasmom

I am having difficulty finding those here in Canada. I can order from Amazon but they are $44 plus 13% tax. Surely I should be able to find them cheaper than that.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to corrie fan

how much would it cost for me to send them to you Jane? I just bought 2 boxes (because shipping was free if I spent more than $25) but I really only need 1 box (for now ... )

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to madmatter

Your postage just went up but I can't imagine that much. They would fit in a flat mailer so likely letter mail (vs packages).

But even the big mailers I get my QK in from the US only used to cost $14.

I will check online for shipping prices and will send you a pm.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to corrie fan

and I'll let you know when I get my order from Amazon

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to kaye222

• kaye222 Said:
Here is how I store mine....
Hope it helps...

http://kaye2222.blogspot.com/2012/06/stamp-storage -solu...

I'm in love with those bookends! Do you remember where you got them?

I've decided for now to keep the spellbinders in the hard DVD cases on magnets for now as I don't have too many yet and have the extra cases. I will probably swap to the thin plastic DVD sleeves and put in a box with dividers. Container store makes these whitewashed wood bins that would be fabulous for this. (I already use them for my precut 4.5x6.5 and blank cards.) I had originally bought the PaperStudio clear stamp binder from HL after reading this, but realized later not too many would fit and I plan to expand my collection! So, I'm using it just for embossing folders, but seems like it may only get max 20. Thanks for all of the ideas ladies!!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to scrapchica

Finally took pictures of how I store my dies. Chipboard covered w/ pretty paper, magnetic vent sheets, label maker down side, BIA. Love it.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to madmatter

I have about a dozen sets and I store them in a three ring binder in two pocketed protective sheets. I attached magnetic tape/pads to cardstock and the Spellbinders are adhered magnetically. I have a stencil drawing of each that I keep in another three ring binder for inventory that I take to the store so I don't buy duplicates.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

Hi! I generally hang out over at SCrapjazz and have been lurking..... I saw this, and thought I'd put my two sense in..... Here is how I store my nesties and other wafer dies

http://theartfulmusesartf ulmusings.blogspot.com/2012/08...

I choose CD cases because I had accumulated quite a few when PTI provided them for their stamps......

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to GwynnAsbury

Gwynn I like the way you store yours.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Sneezy1956

Thanks! I have actually really enjoyed it. I don't have to take all of them with me when I crop, and just remove the cases that I will need and they are still nicely stored. I can hold a TON in the box as well. I've gone through several systems and have been very happy with this one!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to dotfree

SherylEb thats how i store mine too only mine are 8 1/2 x11 sheets chipboard

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Briannasmom

Hey Gwynn! Great storage!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Hi Rosey! I came out of hiding!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
I made a video of my "Nesties" storage system for those who wanted more info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLYbaFwGzKk&a mp;feature=...

the video quality isn't fab, but you should be able to get the idea

I really like this idea, I am using the Kaisercraft binders and zip pockets but I would like to switch those for my CB folders or stamps. I am looking on ebay for these now. I love the Kaisercraft binders but they do get heavy when you put more than 50 sets in.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics