Page 2 of 6 
Username Post: ~~~ February 2013 Monthly Sketch Challenge ~~~        (Topic#1584411)
tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to MeliMedina

Love this one too Melissa! Got too much going on and I can't scrap for a few days...it's killing me!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to tinadn

I've had a migraine the past 2 days & have drill this weekend I need a scrap day

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to charcats7

Here's my page for bonus sketch 1.

Tied Up By MelissaW

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 02-01-13 07:54 AM

LOVE the week 1 sketch !!!

LREA 
Resident
  • LREA on 02-01-13 10:11 AM
In response to TesaB

I'm in

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

Printing out sketches for the weekend!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• MelissaW Said:
Week 1 Sketch:

February MSC ~ Week 1 Sketch By MelissaW

Twist: Use a heart or two on your page this week!

This one is going to be fun!

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom
In response to LesleyC

Love both the sketches. Hope to work on them this weekend.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to rahulsmom

JCI Can't wait to feel up to scrapping!!

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to FinallyMama

Here's sketch 1 with the Twist!
The larger flowers are made with a heart buckle punch I have. I punched five "petals" for each flower and put together with a brad. The black & yellow flower has a solid yellow flower center added.
Our Grad By Denayc

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to denayc

Sooo, went into my LSS today to buy ONE - that's ONE - piece of Authentique pp for the Bonus sketch. I have a bunch of scraps in the line I want to use, but I wanted a full sheet for the bg. Yeah - so $70+ later, I made it out of there. I should SO know better. I bought the entire G45 Place in Time line to use for either my '12 or '13, not sure yet, calendar LO's. I also bought a flourish die, a Glimmer Mist, and some Studio Calico wood hearts & arrows. Sheesh.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to lcmemories

can i join?

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:
Sooo, went into my LSS today to buy ONE - that's ONE - piece of Authentique pp for the Bonus sketch. I have a bunch of scraps in the line I want to use, but I wanted a full sheet for the bg. Yeah - so $70+ later, I made it out of there. I should SO know better. I bought the entire G45 Place in Time line to use for either my '12 or '13, not sure yet, calendar LO's. I also bought a flourish die, a Glimmer Mist, and some Studio Calico wood hearts & arrows. Sheesh.

LOL. It's those $3.99 and $4.99 things from A's that add up SO fast!! Did you at least have the $10 coupon?

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

And here's mine - Week 1 bonus:

Monkey See By LesleyC

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
can i join?

Of course! This challenge is open all month long for anyone! Welcome aboard!

Jen E
Jen E 
Idol
Jen E
  • Jen E on 02-01-13 04:08 PM

Lisa, sounds like a great haul you just bought!

I'm going to try this challenge....I love sketches!

jcbreck
Diva
jcbreck
In response to Jen E

So, I had my pictures in mind for the bonus and when I finished cropping they weren't perfect to fit the sketch, but I took liberties and finished it. I love challenges..FINALLY I feel like I'm back on track! I'll post tomorrow. Happy Weekend everyone!!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to jcbreck

My Bonus Sketch #1:

Sweet & Sour By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 02-01-13 09:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 02-01-13 10:23 PM
In response to Doreena

Acu!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to TesaB

acu

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to tinadn

Love the pages coming in!

PaulaJen
Veteran
PaulaJen

yes...now I see the first one and the bonus and figured out that was what you were doing. I scrolled thru to make sure I was signed up and found this response. Why do I not get email letting me know there has been a response?

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to PaulaJen

• PaulaJen Said:
yes...now I see the first one and the bonus and figured out that was what you were doing. I scrolled thru to make sure I was signed up and found this response. Why do I not get email letting me know there has been a response?

I believe that you have to click "subscribe to topic" to be able to get the emails, but I will forewarn you that this thread will get busy and you may find that you have far more emails than you imagined possible in one day! LOL

This is opposed to just clicking "add to my favorites" which will enable you to access it from your "My Favorite Topics" menu. Using that, you can see when new posts have been added, as well, and don't get the emails regarding the thread.

Hope that helps!

Edited by MelissaW on 02-02-13 08:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

acu

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Tracy F

ACU

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to LesleyC

ACU

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to charcats7

acu

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lindaj3

good to know Melissa, I never knew what subscribe to topic meant

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to tinadn

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Hollah!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

Here are my pages! Great sketches. love the look but don't know how well I pulled of the misting/painting but I tried!

Puppy Love By Senora_x
Enjoy the Journey By Senora_x

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 02-03-13 12:24 AM
In response to senora_x

Here's week one bonus sketch!
stars & stripes By Quay

Here's week 1...
headless horseman By Quay
hidden journaling By Quay

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

week1 bonus sketch

Riding in style By Cveira

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to cveira

week 1 sketch

Y.O.L.O. (you only live once) By Cveira

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• dancinirish90 Said:

Most excellent purchases! Went to peek at that Authentic line-gorgeous! But hey, I'm an enabler-steer clear of me!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

Mel-Bless your heart for taking on this challenge thread! You have many irons in the fire as well. I will pray for you to have energy and stamina. I'm not ready to commit to the challenge this month, but I'm gonna pop in now and again to see your sketches and the work going on. There are some new faces here which adds to the fun!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Front page is updated to here!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
Mel-Bless your heart for taking on this challenge thread! You have many irons in the fire as well. I will pray for you to have energy and stamina. I'm not ready to commit to the challenge this month, but I'm gonna pop in now and again to see your sketches and the work going on. There are some new faces here which adds to the fun!

I'm going to see how crazy I get by the end. LOL. Yesterday was pretty nutso for me... I'm having one of those negativy ninny weeks where nothing I do is good enough for my own incredibly high, unreachable standards for myself. LOL

I figure as long as I can keep up on the daily stuff here, that'll be a feat! I'm already looking at how March is going to happen... but I figured I'd wait more until mid-February before I start planning, in case Jamie is ready to take back over!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

JCI

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 02-03-13 10:50 AM

Mms!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• MelissaW Said:
  • Claggy Said:

I'm going to see how crazy I get by the end. LOL. Yesterday was pretty nutso for me... I'm having one of those negativy ninny weeks where nothing I do is good enough for my own incredibly high, unreachable standards for myself. LOL

I figure as long as I can keep up on the daily stuff here, that'll be a feat! I'm already looking at how March is going to happen... but I figured I'd wait more until mid-February before I start planning, in case Jamie is ready to take back over!

I know how time consuming this can be. Love you lady!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Claggy

peeking in . . .

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

jci

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to cveira

Here's my Week 1 with the twist.

The colors are way off, because the cs and paisley design are blue, not gray. Oh well!

*Love Grows Strong in NICU By Claggy

TFL!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:

The colors are way off, because the cs and paisley design are blue, not gray. Oh well!

TFL!

Not participating my left toe!

It's beautiful, and I'm glad you found the time to scrap, dear friend!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• MelissaW Said:
  • Claggy Said:

TFL!

Not participating my left toe!

It's beautiful, and I'm glad you found the time to scrap, dear friend!

You are quick! Went to comment on a LO and it was already posted. Thanks for the encouragement! It may be the only page I get done the rest of the month.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Claggy

Jci Finished my layout for the first week's sketch, but I really want to use my mist for the final affect and I am trying to work up the nerve to do so! Anyone have any suggestions for a first timer?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I've had a migraine the past 2 days & have drill this weekend I need a scrap day

Hope your head is feeling better i suffer from migraines to so i understand

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• dancinirish90 Said:

I have those moments all the time. I always go in the store to get one thing and then i come out with alot of bags

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to arteshamac

• arteshamac Said:
Jci Finished my layout for the first week's sketch, but I really want to use my mist for the final affect and I am trying to work up the nerve to do so! Anyone have any suggestions for a first timer?

I use little post-it notes to cover up areas I don't want misted. I always practice spray once (because I seem to forget how to, plus it primes the pump), and I close my eyes when I finally do spray. LOL.

But really... once you figure out that you can't control every little drop, you become fearless!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

• MelissaW Said:
  • arteshamac Said:

I use little post-it notes to cover up areas I don't want misted. I always practice spray once (because I seem to forget how to, plus it primes the pump), and I close my eyes when I finally do spray. LOL.

But really... once you figure out that you can't control every little drop, you become fearless!

HAHAHA i laugh because i close my eyes too

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to lindaj3

I don't usually work off a sketch as sometimes they are just too amazing for my very novice and plain way of scrapbooking but I'm willing to try and go out of my comfort zone and participate in this challenge please.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Thank you! I am going to cover it with post it notes tomorrow and just let go! I love to see it on others' layouts, but I always feel as if it won't work for me...as if I will mess it up...

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to beck_bear

I guess I will close my eyes and go for it!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Claggy

• LesleyC Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

LOL. It's those $3.99 and $4.99 things from A's that add up SO fast!! Did you at least have the $10 coupon?

• Claggy Said:
Most excellent purchases! Went to peek at that Authentic line-gorgeous! But hey, I'm an enabler-steer clear of me!

Lesley - It was my LSS, not A's, so no coupons. I do get a 5 or 10% loyalty bonus discount on everything, but that doesn't amount to much.

Nancy - I've never bought G45. So not my style, but I just loved that line - I have to give it a whirl!

No scrapping for me all weekend - hopefully, I can get to it all day tomorrow.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• dancinirish90 Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

• Claggy Said:

Lesley - It was my LSS, not A's, so no coupons. I do get a 5 or 10% loyalty bonus discount on everything, but that doesn't amount to much.

Nancy - I've never bought G45. So not my style, but I just loved that line - I have to give it a whirl!

No scrapping for me all weekend - hopefully, I can get to it all day tomorrow.

How did I miss you said LSS? My bad.

Melissa-never thought to use post it notes! That's smart advice.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to mycowsnz

• mycowsnz Said:
I don't usually work off a sketch as sometimes they are just too amazing for my very novice and plain way of scrapbooking but I'm willing to try and go out of my comfort zone and participate in this challenge please.

FWIW, when I first started scrapping, I found the whole process easier when I used a sketch. Don't feel like you have to copy every element -- they give you some guidelines and help you place pics and embellies in a pleasing way. But you can stray away from a sketch as much as you want if you feel it's too complex.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• arteshamac Said:
Thank you! I am going to cover it with post it notes tomorrow and just let go! I love to see it on others' layouts, but I always feel as if it won't work for me...as if I will mess it up...

Oh you should read this story I wrote about my first misting exprience...yikes!

The Misting Mishap

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to mycowsnz

• mycowsnz Said:

Sketches will help you get out of your comfort zone for sure! Just have fun w/ it!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

Jci and mms!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 02-03-13 08:54 PM
In response to senora_x

mms

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Doreena, I read the story. LOL! Honey, you sound emotional like me when I feel as if I have "messed" something up, especially my photos! And I usually make two photos: 1 to scrap and 1 to keep:) I would have never known that you messed up that layout. That is one of my fav's! Wish me luck!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• arteshamac Said:

just remember that the spray comes out different everytime some with splats and splotches. Don't try to be perfect:)

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to tinadn

Ok, ladies. I DID it! I used the mist to mask the title and I love the way that turned out. I will finish it up with some free style misting when I get home this evening(wish me luck.) Hopefully I can upload it this evening.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• arteshamac Said:
Doreena, I read the story. LOL! Honey, you sound emotional like me when I feel as if I have "messed" something up, especially my photos! And I usually make two photos: 1 to scrap and 1 to keep:) I would have never known that you messed up that layout. That is one of my fav's! Wish me luck!

Thanks!
And good luck my friend!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• arteshamac Said:
Ok, ladies. I DID it! I used the mist to mask the title and I love the way that turned out. I will finish it up with some free style misting when I get home this evening(wish me luck.) Hopefully I can upload it this evening.

Can't wait to see it!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

Here's my sketch 1 which I turned on it's side.

Snow Angel By Tracy F

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Doreena...I guess I am just going to have to let go and mist!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to tinadn

Thanks for that advice, Tina! I think that is my problem...I want to control everything! LOL!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

This is my first month doing sketches and I sure didn't know what I was missing! I love them!

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Thanks for the great advice. You are right... my probably is that I can't control where every drop of mist is going and I have to get over that!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Here's my week 1 to share... with the twist, too!

@ PLAY By MelissaW

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Bridal party By Tinadn

bonus sketch

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• MelissaW Said:

Bonus sketch layouts don't get posted? No worries if they don't but just wondering...

Edited by Doreena on 02-04-13 10:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

I have a question and it may be a silly one, but of course, I am going to ask anyway. Does the sketch of the week that you are working on have to be done by the time the new sketch is posted? Or is it as long as you have them done by the end of the month? I am personally doing mine weekly so that I can keep up, but I was just wondering. Anyone can answer that question for me. Please and thank you.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Artesha-
If I read it correctly, the rules state you have until the close of the challenge.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

K. Thanks, my friend! I kept rereading it just to make sure that I comply with the rules. You know I'm such a cut up!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

YES --- I DO know this!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Doreena

JCI

klweist
Diva
klweist

Doreena, LOVE your 'misting mishap' story. I was giggling. I can just see it. I have only misted a monogram but this just might inspire to try a lo...I'll remember to mist first, place photos second. Thanks for sharing and for your transparency.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to klweist

I enjoyed it too and still get anxious at times misting:)

rahulsmom
Angel
rahulsmom
In response to tinadn

Already so many LO's. I have just picked pictures for my bonus sketch. I am acu too.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• arteshamac Said:
K. Thanks, my friend! I kept rereading it just to make sure that I comply with the rules. You know I'm such a cut up!

Please don't apologize for asking questions. One of the best things about this forum and most of them, is how helpful everyone is. Asking for clarification of rules is actually a good thing. I've been on here a few years now, but still a newbie compared to Melissa. I'm still learning things, trying things, and asking questions! It's part of the fun.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

Bonus sketch layouts don't get posted? No worries if they don't but just wondering...

This probably one of the most time consuming challenges on this site. I know this from guest hosting 2 months over the summer. It is hard to keep up with the weekly sketches and keeping Page 1 current! The Bonus Sketches are just that, a bonus. Also, they will not be voted on. They are meant for extra scrappy fun. That's why they aren't posted on Page 1.

Hope that answers your question. Hope Mel is okay with me answering it.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

Nope... they are bonus, and for sharing, basically. If I tried to keep up with all 8 sketches, once they are all posted, I would probably lose my mind! LOL. I don't think the bonus pages people post have ever been tracked on the front page.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Artesha-
If I read it correctly, the rules state you have until the close of the challenge.

Correct. You have until the last day of the month, 11:59pm.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Claggy

• Claggy Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

This probably one of the most time consuming challenges on this site. I know this from guest hosting 2 months over the summer. It is hard to keep up with the weekly sketches and keeping Page 1 current! The Bonus Sketches are just that, a bonus. Also, they will not be voted on. They are meant for extra scrappy fun. That's why they aren't posted on Page 1.

Hope that answers your question. Hope Mel is okay with me answering it.

Totally! Thanks, my friend!

I guess I should've read ahead to see if it'd already been answered. LOL.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

jci and mms!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to senora_x

mms

Jen E
Jen E 
Idol
Jen E
  • Jen E on 02-04-13 04:45 PM
In response to cveira

All caught up with love

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Jen E

This thread is moving fast! Going back to leave some comments.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

So...I survived misting! Thank you, ladies for all of your help. I need some good sunlight for a nice photo of my layout, so I will try to take photos outside before I take my little one to see Clifford the Big Red Dog tomorrow evening. Nite nite.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Acu! Can't wait to see the msiting results, Artesha!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • mycowsnz Said:

FWIW, when I first started scrapping, I found the whole process easier when I used a sketch. Don't feel like you have to copy every element -- they give you some guidelines and help you place pics and embellies in a pleasing way. But you can stray away from a sketch as much as you want if you feel it's too complex.

Michelle- when I first started scrapping I hated sketches- wouldn't use them- how dare they reign in my creativity. But- I am scrapping 20 years worth of photos so needed to find a way to speed up my output & sketches were the answer. You can get as simple or as complex as you want. Sometimes I have to wait & see what a few people do with a particular sketch to really get the feel of it & make it my own. Think of them as a plan- not a rule- take the spirit of the design & go with it- stretch your creativity into new directions

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• arteshamac Said:
So...I survived misting! Thank you, ladies for all of your help. I need some good sunlight for a nice photo of my layout, so I will try to take photos outside before I take my little one to see Clifford the Big Red Dog tomorrow evening. Nite nite.

I can hardly wait to see

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to charcats7

ACU! Thought I'd scrap tonight, but it just didn't happen. But am enjoying everyone else's lo's.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to scrapperbee

Cute Christmas PJs By Arteshamac

Here is sketch #1...I added a heart after I realized that there was a twist. I uploaded the photo, but then I couldn't find that photo. Anyway, no twist:)

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

My entry for week 1, hearts included!
fest By BoBecca77

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to BoBecca77

Ok I think I'm all caught up again

Page 2 of 6