Page 1 of 9 
Username Post: Feb Very Laid Back Challenge -- Love at first scrap        (Topic#1584643)
NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Welcome to the VLB (VERY LAID BACK CHALLENGE) -- February 2013 Edition.

I can't believe I have been hosting this challenge since July 2011 -- Wow. Thanks to everyone who has participated. I have met so many wonderful ladies -- and consider you all friends. It's so much fun to have my buddies back each month and to meet new people.

Please read this entire post before you sign up.

For anyone new to this challenge, here's the idea: so many of us crave all the lovin' our neighbors leave when we do challenges, but sometimes we just want to create layouts and projects that have nothing to do with challenges (and still get some love!). Well, for this challenge, you can just create pages and other projects and link them here. You can follow my weekly challenges, but it's not a requirement. Basically, anything goes!

Here's the one and only catch: YOU HAVE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS' LAYOUTS AND PROJECTS. So, if you sign up, you are committing yourself to leaving comments as well as receiving them. To keep this from becoming an overwhelming task, I'm restricting the number of players to 35 or so. This is not a one entry challenge. This is a month long commitment to post ALL your work and check out everyone else's. Please post projects only from this month. And please be aware that we can be REALLY CHATTY on this thread and the posts can add up really fast.

Also -- I'd love to learn everyone's first name --if it's not in your siggy could you please tell us.

Every weekend, I'll post a new challenge (well maybe).

Challenges:
Week 1 -- sunny or bright colors to deal with this dreary weather.

Week 2 -- it's got to be LOVE

Participants:
1. ncyankee
2. lpeeps
3. AnnaC
4. Olesyak.
5. Henri Jean
6. Pink Spoonbill
7. Lenethre
8. dancinirish90
9. Twinlets Mama
10. cveira
11. godschild94
12. julie 101
13. pamela.tx
14. SaraS
15. NMscrapper
16. Tena E.
17. scrapperbee
18. Aunty T
19. lcmemories
20. Bubblegirl
21. BoBecca77
22. LesleyC
23. Pookahbot
24. MelissaW
25. ximxyoursx
26. stopnstare07
27. myowsnz
28. raining
29. byondbzr
30. jazzescrapper
31. Airforcewife2007
32. Claggy

Edited by ncyankee on 02-11-13 05:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to NVyankee

I'm in!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to lpeeps

Yep! Me2!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Anna C

oooh new thread! I'll play again! if you let me)) LOL!
Eileen, are you done with the jury duty then? yippee!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

Me too! Me too please!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Henri Jean

If you have room...I'm down with it again.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

I`d like in please. Off to catch up on this months now.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Lenethren

I'm here again

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to dancinirish90

What's up with the print post button being gone? I print out my challenges to keep track of them, and now we can't do it that way? WTH! They already took away all our formatting on our home pages. What's next?

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

I'm here!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Twinlets Mama

I'm here!!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to cveira

I'm here...and ready to go with another month of fun and crazy scrapping!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to godschild94

Am in

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to julie101

Yaaaaaay!!! New thread!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

• dancinirish90 Said:
What's up with the print post button being gone? I print out my challenges to keep track of them, and now we can't do it that way? WTH! They already took away all our formatting on our home pages. What's next?

I noticed that too....I always like to print out posts for the challenges too and was irritated last night because I couldn't do it.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 01-30-13 02:50 PM
In response to pamela.tx

I'm here. Let's hope for more scrapping this month!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to SaraS

I know you're probably all tired of seeing more wedding layouts, but the end is near....I promise

Daddy's girl By Cveira

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to cveira

Yea!!!! I'm ACU for February. Now if I can catch up with January!

You guys are killing me! (in a good way.)

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I'm in!

Yep, wonder where the print button went, too! I like to print the colors for Monochrome, etc. Bummer!!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NMscrapper

HOLY Cannoli's BAtman -- 14 people have already signed up!

Terri -- of course there is room and yes this group will keep you on your toes.

Welcome back to everyone! I am writing in a notepad everyone who has signed up and smiling. Thinking - yippee they're back. Especially the scrappers who were with us for the first time last month. Carol & Julie -- that would be you. Makes me so happy that you're back again -- it's such a wonderful group of ladies.

On a sour note -- just called into the courthouse. And I have to report back in the am. BOOOOOOOO!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to NVyankee

Me please! And I already have a page to DO WooHoo!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Tena E.

I'm here! Probably won't scrap until the weekend.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to NVyankee

I'm in again.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to AuntyT

acu (have to say that now because it doesn't happen often )

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

DOO:

Avebury field notes By AuntyT

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to AuntyT

Terri, glad you're feeling better.

Anna, we are getting the crazy weather too, yesterday it was almost 80 and today we are getting very heavy thunderstorms and it's going to get much colder after this past through.

Staying caught up for now.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to AuntyT

Acu!! Heading out to the gym when the kids are in bed, then sabotaging my scrap room!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

good night!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to cveira

Christine, it's only 8:30 in Jamaica, you must have had a hard day...hope tomorrow is better.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Tena E.

Add me please!! Thanks!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to lcmemories

On a roll.

St. James By AuntyT

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

I'm in.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to cveira

• cveira Said:
I know you're probably all tired of seeing more wedding layouts, but the end is near....I promise

Daddy's girl By Cveira

I am enjoying the wedding layouts.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bubblegirl

2012 Alaska Cruise - Left By Henri Jean

2012 Alaska Cruise - Right By Henri Jean

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

I just realized I forgot to do the I ah oh well tomorrow or should I say today when I get up I'll fix that.

Salisbury Cathedral By AuntyT

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to NVyankee

I'd love to join

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Going back to catch up now.

Edited by lcmemories on 01-31-13 12:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

I'm in!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to LesleyC

Will you have me again if I promise to try to stay current while I finish up January?

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Pookahbot

acu
I think everyone's having weird weather--mid-Michigan was nearly 60 on Tuesday, 52 yesterday, and we got snow overnight. We had thunder last night, snow on the ground, and we have a flood watch until this evening because of all the melt and rain.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Pookahbot

Morning!

Renia & I By Lenethren

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Lenethren

Stop it right now -- just take a time out. I have jury duty and this is no fair. You are all scrapping maniacs! LOL.

Will catch up first post later.

Welcome to BoBecca 77 -- can I assume your name is Becca?

Catch you all later.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to pamela.tx

• pamela.tx Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

I noticed that too....I always like to print out posts for the challenges too and was irritated last night because I couldn't do it.

if you click on the post # at the top of the post - it will open just that post in a separate tab - then print from there.
or better yet, copy-paste into word the descriptions of the challenges you are doing, then they are all on one page (save the trees too)

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • pamela.tx Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

if you click on the post # at the top of the post - it will open just that post in a separate tab - then print from there.
or better yet, copy-paste into word the descriptions of the challenges you are doing, then they are all on one page (save the trees too)

Yeah, I know, but printing the post like that adds all their stupid masthead stuff and advertising to the page which is a colossal waste of ink.

I could use Word, but it's ridiculous that they made it so we have to take so much extra time and effort when it was right there before. As far as putting them all on one doc - that doesn't work for me because I set them aside after I'm done. I like to see my pile diminish. LOL

I'm just tired of them taking away features. I think they took all the formatting out of our profiles because so many people were breaking the site rules by advertising other companies/kit clubs. I just don't see any advantage to them to remove the freaking print button??? I use that to print posts with helpful info all the time - recipes, ss questionnaires, challenges, etc. Makes no sense.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Low 60s yesterday morning and 26 this morning. I am sooooooo ready for summer!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Anna C

Dropping off a few pages. I uploaded em in my gallery a few days but I thought an 8 page bomb would not have been very nice, so I am sharing them now.

Happily Ever After By Godschild94

Friend You Make My World Brighter By Godschild94

July 4th 2009 By Godschild94

Bridal Shower By Godschild94

Off to scrap the day away. Happy Thursday ladies!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• dancinirish90 Said:

I'm just tired of them taking away features. I think they took all the formatting out of our profiles because so many people were breaking the site rules by advertising other companies/kit clubs. I just don't see any advantage to them to remove the freaking print button??? I use that to print posts with helpful info all the time - recipes, ss questionnaires, challenges, etc. Makes no sense.

oh totally, I hear you and agree! you can write a note in tech support forum, and I'll second your opinion there)) maybe the print button will be back..

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to OlesyaK.

Just officially released from prison -- oops I mean jury duty. Off to update the first post.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to NVyankee

Me, please! Gonna go back and finish out January love now.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to MeliMedina

ACU. Yea!

Eileen, congrats on your parole. At least you didn't get picked.

Everyone, have a great day!

ximxyoursx
Pro
ximxyoursx

I still have to catch up with last month, BUT I'M HERE!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Pookahbot

Hey all! Weird weather here, too. I personally hate warm weather in the middle of winter. It's such a tease, I never know what to wear and it messes with my sinuses. Although I'm saying this in a brutally cold day, so I should be careful what I wish for!

Nina's surgery went fine. We are home and she is resting. John got the Lego City train set to help her (well, both of them) recover. She is over the moon, but I don't suspect she will start on much of it tonight. My stepmom is coming over to make cake pops with her tomorrow so I need to bake a cake for that.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to LesleyC

DOO:

Postcards By AuntyT

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to LesleyC

Terri - I thought of you this weekend, we went to lunch at Scotchies and had jerk pork and sausages. Yum. You had also asked what the bammies were and I don't think I ever answered you. They are made from cassava (kind of like a sweet potato) which is found primarily in South America and Africa. We buy it in the refrigerator section of the market, soak it in milk and deep fry it. It's can be a bit on the bland side and we mostly eat it with fish dishes.

Lesley - glad Nina's surgery went well. xoxoxo

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to Tena E.

• Tena E. Said:
Christine, it's only 8:30 in Jamaica, you must have had a hard day...hope tomorrow is better.

Girl, work is kicking my butt big time. I am preparing 2 big budget presentations for next Thursday. Something I've done year after year. This time though instead of going to Miami to present in person, we are doing it via conference call. You would think that would be easier, but at least when the bigwigs are right up in front of you, you can kind of more or less see reactions and take your cue from them. Over the phone is kind of different. Oh well, we'll see.

And after signing off so early last night, you know I ended up in bed playing games on the iPad until close to midnight. lol

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to cveira

• cveira Said:
  • Tena E. Said:

Girl, work is kicking my butt big time. I am preparing 2 big budget presentations for next Thursday. Something I've done year after year. This time though instead of going to Miami to present in person, we are doing it via conference call. You would think that would be easier, but at least when the bigwigs are right up in front of you, you can kind of more or less see reactions and take your cue from them. Over the phone is kind of different. Oh well, we'll see.

And after signing off so early last night, you know I ended up in bed playing games on the iPad until close to midnight. lol

Sounds rather relaxing!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to NVyankee

Acu on Jan and Feb. I am expecting to be much more involved this month. Work has slowed down, I'm cropping at least once, probably twice this month and it's going to be cold so what else would I do with myself?

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

oh totally, I hear you and agree! you can write a note in tech support forum, and I'll second your opinion there)) maybe the print button will be back..

I did that yesterday, and I just got the answer. It's probably not coming back - apparently it gets picked up in some way by the search engines and causes the site to slow down. Megan said that the site statistics say it wasn't a highly used feature. Well, it was by me.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Oh, and I have a quickie to DO:

Lakeside By Dancinirish90

Not sunny colors Eileen, but sunny, warm pics!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Hey all! Weird weather here, too. I personally hate warm weather in the middle of winter. It's such a tease, I never know what to wear and it messes with my sinuses. Although I'm saying this in a brutally cold day, so I should be careful what I wish for!

Nina's surgery went fine. We are home and she is resting. John got the Lego City train set to help her (well, both of them) recover. She is over the moon, but I don't suspect she will start on much of it tonight. My stepmom is coming over to make cake pops with her tomorrow so I need to bake a cake for that.

Glad to hear her surgery went well! You were on my mind most of the afternoon yesterday; thanks for the update! Enjoy your four day weekend- take it easy

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

acu2h! I came to hide in here and get caught up because the kids were fighting. I told them to come get me when they had it all sorted out...no one's come yet, but I do hear giggles and happy voices now. Must be blown over...Will hopefully get into the scrap room tonight. I didn't get to it last night- I was too pooped after the gym to play. We'll see what time I make it to the gym tonight!!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

ACU.

Gothic By AuntyT

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to AuntyT

i'm still getting caught up on the last thread. slow but steady.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 01-31-13 04:32 PM
In response to cveira

Eileen -glad you don't have jury duty to worry about anymore.

Leslie -glad to hear Nina's surgery went great. Enjoy your PJ weekend!

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to SaraS

Lesley, so glad to hear about the surgery going so well. You must be relieved.

Christina, thanks for the info on the bammies. I have had them before. We decided to do a raft trip on the Martha Brae while in Montego Bay. But I have already mapped the restaurant you suggested and after the rafting.....jerk!

Still ACU!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Also still ACU!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to MeliMedina

Lesley, glad the surgery went well for Nina. Enjoy your together time.

ACU again!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Tena E.

Dropping off again! It was a scrappy day!

Oxford By AuntyT

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to AuntyT

Acu again! I made some great page kits today. I can't decide if I'm going to bust into them this weekend or wait until I crop with lisa in two weeks.

Ali-thanks for thinking of us today. I'm so amazed by how pragmatic Nina was. She's a very adaptable kid. We are very very lucky.

Christine-I had some good creole food in puerto Rico. I had mufongo which I know isn't creole but there was a creole sauce on it. Nommie! I also have a jerk chicken recipe that I love. I need to make that soon.

Edited by LesleyC on 01-31-13 08:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to NVyankee

Here is my first one for Feb

Farm Fun By Julie101

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to NVyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Stop it right now -- just take a time out. I have jury duty and this is no fair. You are all scrapping maniacs! LOL.

Catch you all later.

Thank You for letting me join My name is Rebecca, but I also go by Becca, Bec and of course BoBecca (an old one from my sister!) I've been on a few years break from SBing, but recently got my mojo back in a big way and found my way back to SB.com!!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to BoBecca77

• BoBecca77 Said:
  • ncyankee Said:

Catch you all later.

Thank You for letting me join My name is Rebecca, but I also go by Becca, Bec and of course BoBecca (an old one from my sister!) I've been on a few years break from SBing, but recently got my mojo back in a big way and found my way back to SB.com!!

Hi Becca! Welcome!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Phew! Just came home from the gym, and all I could think while I was on the elliptical was that I'm getting sexy!! LOL

I think I may actually suck it up and play tonight. I feel better tonight than I did the past two days. My work outs kicked my butt!

stopnstare07
Governor
stopnstare07
In response to NVyankee

If its not full already, I'd like to jump in!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to stopnstare07

This'll be the last you hear from me tonight. Promise! I've been sitting on this lo for the last couple of days, because I just didn't know how to journal my thoughts. Now I think I got it!

Love By Twinlets Mama

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

14 & Counting By BoBecca77

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to NVyankee

Could I plse join in

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to mycowsnz

Here is my second one

Abc 123's By Julie101

raining
Governor
raining
In response to julie101

I'm in again! Happy February! Almost spring.;)

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to raining

mms and going back to catch up on some luv!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to raining

T.G.I.F. That's all I have to say.
Oh! And good morning!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to cveira

Shew spring can't come soon enough for me, yesterday was the first time I saw the sun in days!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to BoBecca77

This page toom me all week to work on. First I just stared at the picture for a day. Then I attempted to start the LO for two days, while alternatly crying then agonizing on what type of a LO to make. The picture was taken about a year after her diagnosis. I wanted to do this page then started looking for pictures when I realized there was not a single picture of her alone. A testament to how very loved and surrounded by family she truly was and that made me so happy, so this photo I had to crop to get her alone. TFL
Her Journey By BoBecca77

Edited by BoBecca77 on 02-01-13 04:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

raining
Governor
raining

DOO
Dress Form Tag ***COTTAGE CUTZ*** By Raining
Dress Form Tag Backside **CottageCutz** By Raining

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to raining

Here is number 3

School Days By Julie101

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

• dancinirish90 Said:
  • OlesyaK. Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

I did that yesterday, and I just got the answer. It's probably not coming back - apparently it gets picked up in some way by the search engines and causes the site to slow down. Megan said that the site statistics say it wasn't a highly used feature. Well, it was by me.

Sorry, girls--not only did I never use it, I'm not even sure what you're referring to. I just use the Favorite Topics option and then have my favorite topics bookmarked so I can go straight to them. Am wondering how many other things have been lost, or even are still here, that I've never used.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to scrapperbee

Oh, and, on a two-hour delay--there is black ice somewhere; all the county schools are closed.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to scrapperbee

Welcome back Henva.

Michelle -- nice to meet you and jump right in.

Becca - glad you have found your mojo

I have a 2 pager completed on my desk. Think I even took pics of it. But it's been crazy. We pulled another little dog yesterday. Got to take her to get groomed today (she's not living with me though!).

But this you tube will sum up my morning. Let me set the stage. First -- Kevin was in charge. Wendy was basically unsupervised. She proceeded to eat an ENTIRE bag of cat food. OY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osAhJ_Kl_J0

It wasn't a sweet smelling morning in my house! LOL. At least she was contained in the laundry room.

Think I need to go and take a shower

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

BTW - is everyone now listed in the first post.

You are all in -- so just let me know if I skipped you.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

Woot Woot!! I'm acu. Wow you ladies are off to an awesome start. Now that I'm acu I can go upload my page. Be back soon

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to NVyankee

Showers ~ CSI Case File #56 ~ By NMscrapper

Morning, eveyone! My first for the month.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to NMscrapper

Dropping one off and getting ACU!

Tied Up By MelissaW

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to cveira

• cveira Said:
T.G.I.F. That's all I have to say.
Oh! And good morning!

second that!

my first one this month.. in desperate need of scrap therapyyyy!!!
You By OlesyaK.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 02-01-13 06:54 AM
In response to OlesyaK.

Hope your day gets less smelly Eileen

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to SaraS

DOO with sunny colors:

pieces of my 'heart' By Dancinirish90

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Oh my, late to the party this month I see! Is there room for me?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to byondbzr

Good morning and I'm with Christine....TGIF!

8 degrees this morning...so cold and windy!

Welcome to all of the newbies!

Rebecca, how it the kitty doing? Staying home?

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:

Rebecca, how it the kitty doing? Staying home?

Yes Beanie is staying home for now! She doesn't see too interested in getting out again, but I know the possibility that she may want to roam again is pretty high. Now we are waiting to see if she brought "something" home with her. She is 8 months old today, not spayed yet, and hasn't shown any signs of heat. I never expected her to get out before getting her fixed. Oy.

So, we'll see if she's brought little ones home with her. I hope not. Not to be a terrible downer, but we have two cats and that is all we have room for. We don't know anyone that wants a kitten, and I would hate giving babies to people who may not treat them well. The not knowing would bother me, I feel that I would be responsible for them and want them to have a great life. A choice will need to be made, bring more helpless and unwanted kittens into this world, or spay Lola anyway. And you know what that means.. It makes me sad, I don't like being faced with that. But it's my fault, for not spaying her already.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to byondbzr

Becca -- if she got violated. It's not too late to spay her. I would get her done quickly. LOL.

DOO !!!!

2012 Fosters By Ncyankee

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to NVyankee

Got a page to share, and there is a link to the blog hop where you can win this new Moxxie line!

Tough Dude **Moxxie** By Byondbzr

Page 1 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics