Username Post: Feb Very Laid Back Challenge -- Love at first scrap        (Topic#1584643)
AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to godschild94

acu

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Nancy -- hope you're feeling better quickly.

I'm drooling watching the puppy bowl -- of course, I could probably film it in my house. Took 3 of my dogs to the state park today. Bekah is totally knocked out. she thought we were going shopping. LOL> (BTW bekah is a dog).

So get ready to take some extra insulin -- here's Ernie.

Ernie By Ncyankee

Ernie seems to walk with a little bit of attitude. He's gonna keep you on your toes for sure! He is adorable, I can see why you brought him home. How is he acclimating to the other furbabies?

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Tena E.

• Tena E. Said:

Melissa, have fun with your new toys, love my new iPad. What kind of printer are you ordering? Is it a photo printer?

I ordered the Epson Artisan 837... it's supposed to print with iDevices and also has better-than-lab-quality photo printing, as well as all-in-one capabilities.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to MeliMedina

Mel, about the snapfish photos. You should let them know you weren't happy with them. I love snapfish but find sometimes it is a hit or miss with them. They are really good at replacing the photos if you're not happy with them, or giving you a credit. and they usually fedex it out to you at no charge too. just a thought.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to cveira

• cveira Said:
Mel, about the snapfish photos. You should let them know you weren't happy with them. I love snapfish but find sometimes it is a hit or miss with them. They are really good at replacing the photos if you're not happy with them, or giving you a credit. and they usually fedex it out to you at no charge too. just a thought.

Thanks, Christine! I might have to contact them... I have so many things on my to-do list as far as phone calls... put them off as long as possible! Oy!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

• MelissaW Said:
Happy Moanday!

Tabs opens... heading over to leave love.

I'm excited, though. Today, I get to buy an iPad2 and order my new laptop and printer!!! I could barely sleep because of it last night (that, and I was furious at Baltimore for purposely taking a safety and ruining the $62.50 I was set on winning in the last 10 seconds of the game)!

My mom lost out on $1000 because of that safety......idiots!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Nancy --Ernie is doing great. But I really didn't want to do another puppy. The mop being out 24/7 reminds me why. Hopefully as soon as he's up to date on his shots he'll have a new home waiting for him.

thought I might scrap today -- NOT. I do have one completed. Just haven't gotten it photographed yet. It's for Mel's challenge.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

Janeen -- loved your blog post. Great technique tips -- ty

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to ncyankee

Janeen- read through your blog post. You have some great tips and great explanations. I have started to do one page layouts after having never done them before but the two page is still my fave to work on and I think it's because I can get more on it and use my photos. The one pages always go faster for me, but I won't stop with the two pages.

Ernie is cute but a puppy is not my idea of fun. I have a 2 year old pup and she is enough for me. The energy she still has...

Long weekend. DS1 grounded for being sneaky and lieing and he was sure to make us know that he wasn't happy about it. I've been fighting migraine for 5 days now. May have to go see the doc to see if he can knock this one out.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Have another one to share. This may or may not be my last one for the day. We'll see what this evening brings!

Fork Please By Twinlets Mama

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Twinlets Mama

Lisa -- I'm so with you. Puppies are not my thing. But since I'm the only one in the rescue that doesn't "work". I get the puppies. LOL

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

well I didn't think it was possible -- but I'm acu!!!!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Lisa -- I'm so with you. Puppies are not my thing. But since I'm the only one in the rescue that doesn't "work". I get the puppies. LOL

When did you stop "working?" You are far more busy than I am. I often use my job as an excuse, but truly it totally drains me. Love ya friend!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Claggy

well Nancy -- I often threaten to get a "real" job. LOL. I even listed the rescue as my employer on facebook.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to ncyankee

Hey all! Had a nice day here. Did a bunch of laundry, then went shopping with my gift cards. Used all of one gift card and half of another, then went to lunch with my dad and stepmom. I was hoping to scrap this afternoon, but I fell asleep with the laptop on and took a 90 minute nap!! Made steak, sauteed onions and portabellos, and roasted peppers for dinner. I'm off tomorrow as well, but I have to do tax stuff, which I'm not looking forward to. Basically, it means I have to do about 8 months worth of accounting in Quickbooks. At least I have my bank and cc statements that I can work from, but not my ideal way to spend a day off. Oh well, that's what I get for procrastinating!

Nina is back at school and was very excited to walk in the door. It's so funny. Moms and Dads I didn't even know were coming up to me saying, "I'm so glad you're daughter's surgery went ok!" I swear, Nina is Ferris Bueller.

Eileen-I think I want a neighbor with a puppy. I'd love to play with a puppy, but I'd let the neighbor do the dirty work. It's how I feel about having another baby, too. Ernie is TOO cute, though.

Lisa-Hugs. This is the part of parenting I'm not looking forward to. Hopefully DS learned his lesson and got over it?

OK, almost time to put this little one to bed! Will catch up on gallery love later.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LesleyC

We had steak with sauteed onions too. My husband grilled ribeyes and I made the onions and some rice on the side.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Henri Jean

mms

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to lcmemories

good night ladies.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to cveira

I just have to say... I love my iPad!

Is there an easier way to get the drop down menus on the site? It automatically goes to the forums when I'm trying to go to my favorites. I went to my place the. Forum stuff which is a lot of extra clicks! lol

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• godschild94 Said:

that they find 2 page layouts difficult. If you want some of my favorite tips for scrapbooking 2 page layouts, check out my blog post from a few years ago. http://janeenbeuchel.blogspot.com/2010/02/stumped-on-2- ...

Janeen-I loved that post, thank you! I don't find two pagers difficult, I just don't do many of them.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Acu

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Have fun, Mel! DH has an Ipad, but I only know how to use it for facetime with dgs.

And, I am acu!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

• MelissaW Said:
  • Tena E. Said:

Melissa, have fun with your new toys, love my new iPad. What kind of printer are you ordering? Is it a photo printer?

I ordered the Epson Artisan 837... it's supposed to print with iDevices and also has better-than-lab-quality photo printing, as well as all-in-one capabilities.

Melissa, that's what I have and love how my photos turn out...only downside is the ink cost but you can replace each cartridge as needed.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Tena E.

• Tena E. Said:
  • MelissaW Said:
  • Tena E. Said:

Melissa, that's what I have and love how my photos turn out...only downside is the ink cost but you can replace each cartridge as needed.

I have a Canon Pixma MX860 that is not gentle on ink... I can't imagine this one using more than it! But I'm excited to be able to print from my devices and for the easier wireless network setup involved. I'm used to buying 6 ink tanks already, so it probably won't be much of a change there.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

Henri, my DH is in the Army and we are stationed at Vilseck, Rose Barracks for the second time...this was actually our first duty station 17 years ago. That time we were young, newly weds with a baby so we didn't get the chance to explore. Getting to come back with teens has been an amazing time. We are taking full advantage of this opprotunity and loving every minute!

Melissa good question, I have that same problem when I'm on my ipad...if I'm really quick I can hit my selection when I tap the pull down menu but more often then not I'm like you and have to go through the extra pages to get where I want.

Tena E, We go to Garmisch later this month for a marriage retreat! So excited we get a free weekend at Eidelweiss

Edited by BoBecca77 on 02-05-13 08:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to LesleyC

Eileen, I don't know how you would have time to work. You are a busy lady!

Lesley- They always get over it when they need something...food or money or a ride. Lesson learned, the verdict is still out. Trust will have to be rebuilt. Luckily it was something pretty minor but having just started high school I want him to get that we are not stupid and he will get caught and pay for it before he thinks about trying something big.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to lpeeps

A page I did about my mom and her grandbabies last night, fits the week 1 challenge nothings more sunny then warm orange hearts
You are my sunshine By BoBecca77

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BoBecca77

jci

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

got two to drop off
one finished the day before, another - done last night! went way past bedtime, but it was flowing so nicely, I couldn't stop))
A boy and his balloon By OlesyaK.
Bros By OlesyaK.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to OlesyaK.

Janeen - thanks for the post! really really love the ideas! I like two pagers, initially started with them but shifting more and more to one pagers recently.. I've bookmarked your blog, but if you don't mind I'd rather lift your gallery layouts instead LOL )))
One question though: I switched from post bound albums to d-rings (I like the mobility of the pages, constantly rearranging in historical order). but the two sides of the two pager separate way off in the middle in D-rings... any advice?

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• MelissaW Said:

I have a Canon Pixma MX860 that is not gentle on ink... I can't imagine this one using more than it! But I'm excited to be able to print from my devices and for the easier wireless network setup involved. I'm used to buying 6 ink tanks already, so it probably won't be much of a change there.

Melissa, Tina, question. I'm a recent owner of a canon pixma (don't know the #s) and I had a chance to compare the photo lab prints with home prints.. my home prints seem greyish, in addition to seedy... seedy I can understand, but greyish? I tried to manually adjust the colors (printed the test page where each small pic is tinted +/- on R-G-B scale) and still it's greyish.. did you have to do any adjusting on your printers? how do the pics look? am I just too demanding of the home prints?? they are convenient for sure, but they definitely aren't cheap!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

• MelissaW Said:
  • Tena E. Said:

I have that printer and absolutely love it! I usually buy my ink at Office Depot and I have their worklife rewards which gives you money back on paper and ink. They also send you coupons which helps too. I usually try to buy the combo pack of ink because they are high capacity and seem to last much longer.

Edited by godschild94 on 02-05-13 07:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
Janeen - thanks for the post! really really love the ideas! I like two pagers, initially started with them but shifting more and more to one pagers recently.. I've bookmarked your blog, but if you don't mind I'd rather lift your gallery layouts instead LOL )))
One question though: I switched from post bound albums to d-rings (I like the mobility of the pages, constantly rearranging in historical order). but the two sides of the two pager separate way off in the middle in D-rings... any advice?

This is actually the main reason I don't like D-ring albums personally. My suggestion is to not split photos/words/etc over the seam of the two pages as you are scrapbooking your pages. This should help it not look so awkward in your albums. Other than that, there isn't much that can be done to fix the problem unfortunately.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Morning,

I have such a scrappy bug today, but really don't want to scrap much this week so that I have plenty of pages to choose from when Lisa and I crop next Friday. So I've been putting together kits, which for me, is almost as much fun as scrapping! I have like 7 page kits put together, so I'm sure I'll bust one out sometime this week!

I can't remember if I've asked this here before. Has anyone worked with Kiwi Lane templates? www.kiwilanedesigns.com (I think.) When I cropped at Archivers last month, a girl was using them. They really do make for some great LOs, but I wondered what people's personal thoughts were. I might pick some up if I see them on a steal site.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

jci

I agree with Janeen as to why I don't like/use D-ring albums. Also, I don't like the fixed binding size - I want to be able to put in as many or as few post extenders as I want to fit a certain span of pages. I have completed post bounds with anywhere from 44 (22 page protectors) to 104 pages (52 pp's).

Working on a couple projects today - supposedly. I need to get ready to go to an appointment here soon, which is going to blow the rest of my afternoon. I've mostly been on the computer since I got home from dropping Cassie at school, so I guess I should get to something productive.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:
jci

I agree with Janeen as to why I don't like/use D-ring albums. Also, I don't like the fixed binding size - I want to be able to put in as many or as few post extenders as I want to fit a certain span of pages. I have completed post bounds with anywhere from 44 (22 page protectors) to 104 pages (52 pp's).

Might switch to post-bound for this exact reason! How thick are your 104 pagers? Is it easy to turn the pages in them? My hesitation is that I don't scrap in any order whatsoever. I might scrap a cute baby photo of Nina today, and photos of new boots tomorrow. So like Olesya, I like being able to move pages in and out of order...is it a complete PITA to do that with PB books?

Edited by LesleyC on 02-05-13 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Oh, almost forgot - please, take a sec and vote here please: January Four Categories Poll

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:
jci

Might switch to post-bound for this exact reason! How thick are your 104 pagers? Is it easy to turn the pages in them?

I'll bring a couple next week. That 104 is from Disney - and it was before I made bulky pages, so it's managable. Now I TRY to keep it at 50-60, but the last part of 2007 (Sept - Dec) was 76, so it's pretty big. My preference is to have fewer, larger albums than to have more, narrower albums though because more covers mean less space on the shelf. It took me 4 albums to do 2007, and I'm forcing 4 albums for 2008, but it will take 6 for 2009 because I took more pics because of my photo groups and Cassie was in more dances at recital. My limit usually comes because I try to buy complementary covers for each year, and so I have to fit everything into whatever number of albums I have. And, yes - the pages are easy to turn.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

[quote=godschild94 I have that printer and absolutely love it! I usually buy my ink at Office Depot and I have their worklife rewards which gives you money back on paper and ink. They also send you coupons which helps too. I usually try to buy the combo pack of ink because they are high capacity and seem to last much longer.

Janeen, me too and you also get rewards points for taking back the empty used cartridges for recycling.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Tena E.

ACU again, gonna try and scrap some today...see ya later

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Tena E.

Droppin' off two:

Levee, New Orleans, LA By Pink Spoonbill

Drawbridge, Louisiana By Pink Spoonbill

BRB

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Tena E.

Also with my post bound albums, I always get new posts for them. I go to my hardware store and buy aluminum binding posts. They are exactly like the posts that come in your album but they come in different lengths, so you don't need to use the extenders. I usually buy the 2" ones which gives me about 30 page protectors in my album. They are so much more sturdy and can hold the weight of the extra pages.

Tena - I recycle my cartridges too (when I remember to take them).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Okay - I am going to try to ones from the hardware stores.

Just need to figure how to label my books.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Ketchikan, Alaska - Creek St. Left By Henri Jean

Ketchikan, Alaska - Creek St. Right By Henri Jean

Ketchikan, Alaska - Creek St. Both By Henri Jean

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

ACU.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Morning,

I can't remember if I've asked this here before. Has anyone worked with Kiwi Lane templates? www.kiwilanedesigns.com (I think.) When I cropped at Archivers last month, a girl was using them. They really do make for some great LOs, but I wondered what people's personal thoughts were. I might pick some up if I see them on a steal site.

I recall seeing them on a steal site, and the projects did look fun. If you don't mind fussy cutting and are comfortable cutting by hand - they are great)

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• godschild94 Said:
Also with my post bound albums, I always get new posts for them. I go to my hardware store and buy aluminum binding posts.

oooh I need me some of those! that's the reason I switched to D rings - I have the worst luck with the post extensions! they don't fit, don't go all the way in, or don't come out. then in one album, turned out the outside extension panel just fit under the cover, without the holes for the posts - it just falls out all the time now that I've extended the album! D-rings fit A LOT of pages, so it's my preference for now..
yep, learned the hard way about splitting the title onto two pages LOL))

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

Melissa, Tina, question. I'm a recent owner of a canon pixma (don't know the #s) and I had a chance to compare the photo lab prints with home prints.. my home prints seem greyish, in addition to seedy... seedy I can understand, but greyish? I tried to manually adjust the colors (printed the test page where each small pic is tinted +/- on R-G-B scale) and still it's greyish.. did you have to do any adjusting on your printers? how do the pics look? am I just too demanding of the home prints?? they are convenient for sure, but they definitely aren't cheap!

Pretty much every page, save for the ones I've posted this month, were printed with my Canon. I only ordered this month because I planned a bulk of pages, and my Pixma seems to print better than the lab... My blacks are black and there's no seedyness to my photos, unless I print my iPhone 3GS photos... but then it isn't the printer, it's the camera quality, if that makes sense?

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Hey all! Had a nice day here. Did a bunch of laundry, then went shopping with my gift cards. Used all of one gift card and half of another, then went to lunch with my dad and stepmom. I was hoping to scrap this afternoon, but I fell asleep with the laptop on and took a 90 minute nap!! Made steak, sauteed onions and portabellos, and roasted peppers for dinner. I'm off tomorrow as well, but I have to do tax stuff, which I'm not looking forward to. Basically, it means I have to do about 8 months worth of accounting in Quickbooks. At least I have my bank and cc statements that I can work from, but not my ideal way to spend a day off. Oh well, that's what I get for procrastinating!

Nina is back at school and was very excited to walk in the door. It's so funny. Moms and Dads I didn't even know were coming up to me saying, "I'm so glad you're daughter's surgery went ok!" I swear, Nina is Ferris Bueller.

Eileen-I think I want a neighbor with a puppy. I'd love to play with a puppy, but I'd let the neighbor do the dirty work. It's how I feel about having another baby, too. Ernie is TOO cute, though.

Lisa-Hugs. This is the part of parenting I'm not looking forward to. Hopefully DS learned his lesson and got over it?

We always refer to Brendan as ferris bueller. Too funny.

I am babysitting an additional dog this afternoon. So lovely to sit on deck and play on computer. No need to introduce Aimee to Murphy who can be quite grumpy. All the others are having so much fun playing. But alas no scrapping.

OK, almost time to put this little one to bed! Will catch up on gallery love later.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 02-05-13 11:57 AM
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:
jci

Might switch to post-bound for this exact reason! How thick are your 104 pagers? Is it easy to turn the pages in them? My hesitation is that I don't scrap in any order whatsoever. I might scrap a cute baby photo of Nina today, and photos of new boots tomorrow. So like Olesya, I like being able to move pages in and out of order...is it a complete PITA to do that with PB books?

Post-bound are a total PITA, at least that is why I switched from them to D-rings. But I also totally agree that post-bound flow better for 2-pagers, but since I don't scrap chronologically, it made sense for me to switch.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Claggy

Color Me Amazing By NMscrapper

Au Naturel By NMscrapper

Sorry to have been MIA. I'm finally going back tow ork tomorrow, and it's been hectic trying to get everything ready. Don't know if I remember what I'm supposed to do after being off this long, lol! Anyway, will bbl to leave love.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to NMscrapper

jci quickly

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

ACU2H

Good luck Carol as you head back to work!

Hello to everyone else! Life is very hectic again on this end. No scrappy time and my mojo is still MIA.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

JCI. Off to get ACU!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to SaraS

• SaraS Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:
jci

Post-bound are a total PITA, at least that is why I switched from them to D-rings. But I also totally agree that post-bound flow better for 2-pagers, but since I don't scrap chronologically, it made sense for me to switch.

I love D rings so much easier to move around but for my Europe trip I have a postbound for that one and so been having fun making two pagers for that but realized my redo of that trip is so much longer now that will have to buy another one. I struggled with adding the posts so much on the first one that I decided to never do that again.

Edited by AuntyT on 02-05-13 03:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to AuntyT

You people are scrappin' demons!!!

Sue, sure glad to hear the good news.

Nancy, how are you feeling? Pneumonia is horrible. I'm sending a bowl of chicken noodle soup right now!

Leslie, we still love you. Glad to hear DD is doing so well.

Eileen, glad you live 6000 miles away from me. I would take Ernie off your hands no problem. He is adorable.

Well I think I'm ACU. Hope everyone is doing great this week.

julie101
Diva
julie101

• dancinirish90 Said:
jci

Working on a couple projects today - supposedly. I need to get ready to go to an appointment here soon, which is going to blow the rest of my afternoon. I've mostly been on the computer since I got home from dropping Cassie at school, so I guess I should get to something productive.

I will own use ring binders dont like the post ones since I have a lot of layout that are chunky I find the post ones just dont work with my chunky style of scrapping, I need more albums next months wish list

here is my 7 page for this month

Fun at the Park By Julie101

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to julie101

Acu.

Interesting album debate.

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to LesleyC

Hi ladies, as this is my first month in this challenge I just wanted to clarify if I post all my layouts that I do during the month onto here or just ones I want to or none at all lol. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated please

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to mycowsnz

DOO

Project Life: Weeks 3 & 4 By Lenethren

Note to start on page 4.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Lenethren

Hi Michelle - you can post whatever you want - no rules. I think most post all of their work or most of thier work but just whatever you are comfortable posting. Glad you joined us here!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to mycowsnz

Michelle - you can post anything and everything you create this month.

Yes, post-bounds are a PITA to put together. That's why I don't complete one until I have all the pages for the album mapped out (not necessarily completed) before I put one together so I know how many pages will go in it, and I don't have to continually take them apart to add more. I have an apothecary's table in my dining room where I stack my completed LO's. I can judge by the height of the pile that will go in an album how long to make the posts. Then I put the completed pages in, and add the ones that I do later into their appropriate protectors that are already in the album. I buy craft foam to make extra binding fillers to stabilize the albums. Those also help keep the slippery page protectors from coming off the posts while I am trying to get the back on and the screws in. I do a lot of bulky pages, but I also do quite a few that are mostly flat, and that helps to balance everything out.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

A few light hearted LO's were in order yesterday after the last few days of heavy emotional pages I did.
Bootiful By BoBecca77
Schloderer Brau By BoBecca77
There's a pretty interesting story behind Bock (or stark) bier I really need to SB, something to do with monks brewing a "drinkable bread" while they were fasting!

Edited by BoBecca77 on 02-06-13 12:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to BoBecca77

Well after 2.5 hours of leaving love I am now finally all caught up. Now time to head to bed thank goodness I don't have to milk in the morning. Nite all

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to mycowsnz

ACU2H...

New computer came. Set up my new printer. It was super simple and I already have my devices set to print.

Now just getting used to Windows 8. It's different. LOL

Youngest son has pink eye... he got it from the girl who sits next to him in his class, so he's home today. MIL is coming to watch him while I'm in class. Oldest son is mad because he can't stay home, too! LOL

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

I wish they didn't update windows so often! Just when your getting used to everything it seems they change it up again! Hope your sons pink eye clears up soon!

Today it's a balmy 38 and sunny, so took advantage of the nice day and opened up all the windows to air the house out. So now that I spent the last 2 hours cleaning it's time to play!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to BoBecca77

What is craft foam? That sounds like a product that would be helpful - thinking about going back to posts. I just don't know how to label the spines of my books if I go back to posts.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Sorry about your son's pink eye. That is so contageous - don't know why parents send their kids to school sick. HOpe you son isn't too irritated with it and is enjoying his day home from school.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Hi Michelle -- post away. We love everything. you can post lo's, cards, a pic you want to share, any crafty project.

And wow on catching up -- this is a very busy group. I'm notoriously behind on comments.

After 3 days I have finally taken a photo of the lo I completed.

black powder By Ncyankee

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ncyankee

But just get ready -- I'm going to a 3 day crop. And plan to be the 1st in the room and the last out! LOL.

I had great plans of doing prep. Well how's that going you ask?? NOT SO GOOD! I haven't even printed out pics yet. My goal is to spend the day tomorrow getting ready. I really really really don't want to overpack but when you're not prepared that is what you tend to do. So right now it looks like I'll be overpacked!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncyankee

Have fun at your 3 day crop! SOunds like a blast. I'm hosting a 1 day on Saturday in one of our vacant rental houses. Has everything we need - stove, refrigerator - plenty of space. Bill has been taking folding tables over there.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• Henri Jean Said:
Have fun at your 3 day crop! SOunds like a blast. I'm hosting a 1 day on Saturday in one of our vacant rental houses. Has everything we need - stove, refrigerator - plenty of space. Bill has been taking folding tables over there.

oooh I'm sooo envious!! it sounds like a lot of fun!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• MelissaW Said:

Pretty much every page, save for the ones I've posted this month, were printed with my Canon. I only ordered this month because I planned a bulk of pages, and my Pixma seems to print better than the lab... My blacks are black and there's no seedyness to my photos, unless I print my iPhone 3GS photos... but then it isn't the printer, it's the camera quality, if that makes sense?

Melissa, if you don't mind - what paper are you using? I bought canon photo glossy kind, and it looks okay on the layouts, but close by.. you can definitely see the color dots. and the colors are just not as bright, no matter how I adjust the settings..

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to OlesyaK.

Good morning ladies!

ACU2H

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Anna C

Ketchikan - Dolly's House (Brothel) Left By Henri Jean

Ketchikan - Dolly House (Brothel) Right By Henri Jean

Ketchikan - Dolly's House (Both) By Henri Jean

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Morning,

I have such a scrappy bug today, but really don't want to scrap much this week so that I have plenty of pages to choose from when Lisa and I crop next Friday. So I've been putting together kits, which for me, is almost as much fun as scrapping! I have like 7 page kits put together, so I'm sure I'll bust one out sometime this week!

I saw a girl using them at a crop I went to and she was nice enough to let us play with all of her templates. It made a very detailed and layered page in record time. I have just started buying them piece by piece. If my hubby were working and I could afford to I would buy everything. It was very handy and so easy to use and the page I made turned out beautifully. If I can get my daughter to give it back I will take a picture and show you how it turned out. I think you will really like them, I know I did.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • godschild94 Said:
Also with my post bound albums, I always get new posts for them. I go to my hardware store and buy aluminum binding posts.

oooh I need me some of those! that's the reason I switched to D rings - I have the worst luck with the post extensions! they don't fit, don't go all the way in, or don't come out. then in one album, turned out the outside extension panel just fit under the cover, without the holes for the posts - it just falls out all the time now that I've extended the album! D-rings fit A LOT of pages, so it's my preference for now..
yep, learned the hard way about splitting the title onto two pages LOL))

I know you don't know me yet but I have to speak up. I used to use CM albums because I loved how close together my pages could get but I hated scraping in chronological order so this wasn't really working for me, then I discovered post and I was in Heaven until it came time to add pages and extenders, I hated the way the book seemed to not be as sturdy and how it wouldn't lay flat and would fan upwards. Just about 2 years ago I made the switch to Stampin Ups d-ring binders and I have been so happy I did. I know my pages don't meet up side by side like they did in my other 2 books but I LOVE my decision to switch to the sturdier book. It's a total preference thing but I have loved my d-ring and I will never fight with another strap hinged or post bound book again.

I will say that Creative Memories has come out with a top loading page protector and I do like how it looks. CM books were my fav because no matter how big you make the album they always ALWAYS lay flat. If I made any switches I would go back to Creative Memory and buy the top loading page protectors. My DD got one of these books for her baby shower and the top loading is wonderful AND the pages are really close together.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to jazzescrapper

Sue - you asked what kind of camera I used. It a Canon SX40 HS - don't know what any of that means.

Its basically a point and shoot. It has some extra features and I try to figure out how to use them and then I forget!

I'm happy with the pictures. A few pictures come off my old Sony which is a point and shoot only the flash doesn't work. My husband like to carry it in the daytime because it is a lighter camera.

I also have a pocket Sony that is always in my jeans pocket or my purse because it is so small. It takes book pictures but I rarely use it becuase I can't get the flash to go off and on. Not broken, I just can't figure it out. When I want the flash I have to work at it to get it on and then I can't figure out how to get it off.

By the time I get the flash to turn off I've missed the picture!

But it is always with me and does take great pictures so a few pictures are from it.

But about 80 or 90% are from the Canon. All of the Alaska pictures are from the Canon.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper

• Henri Jean Said:
Sue - you asked what kind of camera I used. It a Canon SX40 HS - don't know what any of that means.

Its basically a point and shoot. It has some extra features and I try to figure out how to use them and then I forget!

I'm happy with the pictures. A few pictures come off my old Sony which is a point and shoot only the flash doesn't work. My husband like to carry it in the daytime because it is a lighter camera.

I also have a pocket Sony that is always in my jeans pocket or my purse because it is so small. It takes book pictures but I rarely use it becuase I can't get the flash to go off and on. Not broken, I just can't figure it out. When I want the flash I have to work at it to get it on and then I can't figure out how to get it off.

By the time I get the flash to turn off I've missed the picture!

But it is always with me and does take great pictures so a few pictures are from it.

But about 80 or 90% are from the Canon. All of the Alaska pictures are from the Canon.

Thank you for letting me know. I love your wonderful photos. I need a better camera and I want one that takes good photos like yours. I will look into it as soon as my taxes come in...lol...I now have grandkids and want their photos to be as nice as when my kids were little. Your picture taking skills are really good too. Thanks for sharing.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Happy to help. I keep thinking I want a camera that I can get fancy with and take classes for but truth is I don't want to lug it all over. We travel a lot and we already travel with enough stuff. Camera cases and lense and other paraphanalia is just something that would bog me down or we would loose.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper

I am finally (only for the moment) ACU!!!! it only took me 5 days but for now I caught up...yeah!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Wonderful! Its a good feeling because this thread goes quickly!

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper

It really does. In a flash there could be 10 new pages uploaded...lol

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to Tena E.

JCI and getting ACU!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies, DO2 then off to the supermarket...will BBL to get ACU

Strictly Business By Tena E.

On the pier By Tena E.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • MelissaW Said:

Melissa, if you don't mind - what paper are you using? I bought canon photo glossy kind, and it looks okay on the layouts, but close by.. you can definitely see the color dots. and the colors are just not as bright, no matter how I adjust the settings..

I've been using the Canon Pixma Photo Paper Plus Glossy II. I always use Canon ink (as in I never use the cheap off-brand cartridge inks or refill services). The cheaper Canon papers and the Kodak papers did the same thing you're talking about - like the ink doesn't quite spray right.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

Sprinkled some love.....ACU2H

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 02-06-13 10:45 AM

acu...for right.this.second.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to SaraS

Ok, so some how Feb truly snuck up on me. If still room, can I join? I'll easily catch up on the last 10 pages.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• Henri Jean Said:
Happy to help. I keep thinking I want a camera that I can get fancy with and take classes for but truth is I don't want to lug it all over. We travel a lot and we already travel with enough stuff. Camera cases and lense and other paraphanalia is just something that would bog me down or we would loose.

I agree LOL) You take a lot of scenery pics and outside in daytime, and the pictures look awesome! I take the small camera whenever we go outside or far away too! it's only worth pulling the big camera (with flash, diffuser, lenses and other stuff) out when shooting pics of kids running around (need fast shutter) and indoors (bad light) and mostly portrait stuff. Or on the kids concerts, when the stage is far away and lighting is focused there and dark everywhere else.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

WIth no kids at home there isn't much to take pictures of around the house. But our pictures are taken when we travel so it wouldn't make sense for me to get the really advanced camera.

I would love to learn how to use one though!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

acu2h

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Anna C

Hi!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

reading along. here's one I did a few days ago -

Freeze this moment By Cveira

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to cveira

off to get caught up...i've been so busy at work this week it's unbelievable. BUT my big presentations are tomorrow and i'm definately taking some days off next week. This body ain't getting any younger. lol

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to SaraS

• SaraS Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:
jci

What does PITA mean? Excuse my ignorance, lol. I just recently switched to d-ring because I always try to fit as many pages as I can into an album, mostly in the interest of saving $$$. I didn't know posts existed in sizes other than what comes along with the album. Think there might be bigger ones here in Canada? But, for now, I'm in love with d-ring albums. I think they're better than post bound. IMHO

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to mycowsnz

• mycowsnz Said:
Hi ladies, as this is my first month in this challenge I just wanted to clarify if I post all my layouts that I do during the month onto here or just ones I want to or none at all lol. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated please

You're welcome to share as much or as little with us as you like! No pressure!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

• Twinlets Mama Said:
  • SaraS Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:
jci

What does PITA mean? Excuse my ignorance, lol. I just recently switched to d-ring because I always try to fit as many pages as I can into an album, mostly in the interest of saving $$$. I didn't know posts existed in sizes other than what comes along with the album. Think there might be bigger ones here in Canada? But, for now, I'm in love with d-ring albums. I think they're better than post bound. IMHO

Umm...ohhh!! Just figured out what PITA means heh heh

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

I have a fun little project to share, but have no pic of it yet. Will get it up tonight. I usually like going to the gym every week night, if it's possible, but today I'm just too drained. Been too busy around here, I guess!

The girls will be 3 in two weeks--and their grandpa on their daddy's side is turning 70 the day before their birthday. Busy times ahead!!

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

Here is my latest.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial By Bubblegirl

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics