Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: **February HOARDERS Challenge** Technique Time!        (Topic#1584753)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

The Scrappy Supplies Hoarder, you know who you are! (And, be honest, we're all guilty of it at one time or another!) Do you have one or two (or more!) coveted papers or paper lines that you just can't cut into?! How about a pad of papers you haven't touched, but had to have? Do you have a special package of embellies you simply refuse to use? Well this challenge is for you! Your challenge is to step up, admit to your hoarded supplies and USE them!

*Rules*
Here's what to do to enter:
1. Bite the bullet and create a page, card or project with a supply item (or two, or three) that you've hoarded for at least a year. Your hoarded 'supply' could be anything - embellishment, paper, an old Cricut cartridge you bought, but never used.
2. Post your project here for us to all cheer you and clap you on the back!
3. List the hoarded items you used with your post so we can go search our stash for them!

February Twist: It's technique time! Time to use those masks, stencils, inks, mists, embossing folders, die-cut template, and other technique tools you bought forever ago and have never worked up the nerve to use! (I know I'm guilty of it for sure!) This month, break out some technique supply you've never used and USE it on a project or page! (I, myself have probably 20 mask templates I had to have, but have never used!) And let's bend the rules a little... for this twist, your technique item doesn't have to be older than a year.

Note: This is a fun challenge and not meant for competition - just challenging us to use those most coveted treasures we've held onto and get a little love in the process! Feel free to enter at any time this month and as often as you like! We all spend our hard-earned money on fun goodies, it's time we used them!

I will do my best to keep the front updated with everyone's work, but don't let that stop you from continuing to create and break out your hoarded goodies!

Now, let's see those projects!
Reward...Missing Sock! By Marcilb
Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge Wk 3 - Dragon Box By SnowDog
be happy **Flamingo Scraps** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432
Sweethearts then... By Marcilb
Happy Girls Are The Prettiest ~*Nuts About Sketches*~ By GentlewoodFarms
Cute Christmas PJs By Arteshamac
I Love Your Smile By Mia1979
Fun at the Park By Julie101
Finally By Mycowsnz
Girl In The Park By GentlewoodFarms
So Much better By KimKV
Fun Times By BoBecca77
Villa Julia By BoBecca77
These are the women I come from By KimKV
I (heart) Cousin Camp By BoBecca77
Christmas 2010 By KimKV
Mother and Daughter **Flamingo Scraps** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432
Pinewood Derby 2013 By Erin Reed - Ekr1432
Heaven Whispers *~*Nuts About Sketches~*~ By GentlewoodFarms
Cherish By GMFTS
Aquarium By BoBecca77
church By Tinadn
Kona By Apa Kabar
Sweet By GMFTS
My Grandmother By GentlewoodFarms
Me, Myself & I By LREA
Mom to Be By Marcilb
I Mustache U a Question Do You Like Fake Facial Hair? By GMFTS
Farm Dawg By GentlewoodFarms
My Funny Valentine (Project 52: Week 6) By SonjaC
Bath Buddies By SonjaC
Laffs! By NMscrapper
The Little Rascal By GMFTS

Edited by SonjaC on 03-01-13 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

grandma_sue
Angel
grandma_sue
In response to SonjaC

I am a scrapbook supply hoarder - I admit it!
This sounds like fun!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to grandma_sue

I'm in thanks

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-01-13 04:56 PM
In response to julie101

Oh I gotta do this. I was thinking about starting a challenge like this, I'll just hop on yours instead!!

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to SonjaC

Would love to e in again plse

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to mycowsnz

I'm in again, and I sure hope to get something to show for it this time!

I have some glimmer mists, but I'm terrified of using them on LO's since I don't want the glimmer to smear onto the plastic after it's dry. If I use a spray sealer for charcoal drawings, do you think that would make the mist stick better?

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to kdinsmore

oh darn I didnt read this before I did it...well Ill just have to use do the twist and do another LO!...
The tag in this LO is at least 7 yrs old as I bought it in Jacksonville, FL and my son hasnt lived there in 7 yrs!

Reward...Missing Sock! By Marcilb

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to MarciLB

I definitely have templates and stencils collecting dust! I'm in this month:)

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to arteshamac

You know I'm here, right? Goes almost without sayin'

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to GentlewoodFarms

This was an item I finished yesterday - for a contest and now have an order for another one:

I've had these 2 sets of rub & buff since 2005 maybe that I just never used and I stole a couple rolls of the foil tape about 3 years ago from the hubby and never used those either. Then a challenge came up which I made journal covers then switched my idea on Friday and built a cardboard box and I frottaged & embossed, painted & rubbed & buffed all the foil tape to create this: Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge Wk 3 - Dragon Box By SnowDog

I'm going to make another box with this fun metal/foil tape (I'm having so much fun with this) and I have some alcohol inks from 2006 that I haven't used cuz they look kinda ugly and I guess I don't really use them and I'll post that box here too - and we'll see what a difference difference mediums make. (really I just want to make more things with this metal tape - this stuff is awesome!)

So since I was playing with metal foil for another contest that I completed on the 2nd - it doesn't really qualify but I'm hoping my new box does as this is a new technique for me and I'm still using hoarded items.

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to SnowDog

ok,m horded items - flowers, metal heart, glitter swirls, and one of the papers

twist of tools/tech - die cut swirls with my cuttlebug and my edge punches (this actually got me using them on 2 other projects i am doing now)

be happy **Flamingo Scraps** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Erin Reed -

ok..I used a cuttlebug folder that i never used...had it over a year...it is a journaling embossing folder and then I journaled on it...

Sweethearts then... By Marcilb

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to MarciLB

Just checking in and all caught up

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to mycowsnz

Happy Girls Are The Prettiest by GentlewoodFarms

Let's see - hoarded paper, flowers, chipboard. I don't think there is ANYthing in my stash that I haven't used or tried at least once. I've dug and dug and dug....

I'll keep looking.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

jsut found this, count me in;)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

GREAT to see you all here and LOVING that we have so many projects already!

Marci - Wow you are fast! No worries, I don't stand on any sort of ceremony and there isn't a real reason for the twist other than to challenge us a little more! That said, love the one you made with the cuttlebug folders!

SnowDog - Welcome! Nope, this one counts, but feel free to post the other one as well!

Erin - That is awesome that this twist got you to use those punches and dies on another project! That was my goal!

Keep 'em coming!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to SonjaC

I got a start one the new box with alcohol ink wash but I ran out of cardboard for the last side....then I realized that I have to hand cut flowers, guess I figured flowers were too girly or something - or maybe flower dies haven't been on sale when I was shopping ---- or I just tell my dd too bad - I'm not making a girly box but she can have a dragon box - lol.

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to SnowDog

acu.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to SnowDog

Cute Christmas PJs By Arteshamac

Ok, so I hoard mists, masking stickers, and Thickers! I used all three here:) I bought these Thickers over a year and a half ago. TFL:)

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz

All caught up again hope everyone has had an awesome day

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to mycowsnz

I hoard ALL my supplies. I am doing this challenge. I am going to go back and look over the rules but do we just do one and turn it in or do we make as many pages as we can to use up all the stuff we've hoarded over the years? Dumb question I know but I have ALOT of stuff, ya know.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to jazzescrapper

Ok I just read the rules and it says to enter as many as we like (who am I kidding, I am the slowest scrapper around, I'll be lucky to get one page done )

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to tinadn

Good morning and happy Tuesday, I created this one last night. The hoarded items: base ppr is Sassafrass Sweetly Smitten,the ppr behind the photo is Cosmo Cricket Upcycle, the stickers are Cosmo Cricket Clementine and the chenille flower is BG Olivia, all over a year old.

I Love Your Smile By Mia1979

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to Mia1979

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz

Just checking in again

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to mycowsnz

Super cute Artesha!! I think I have those Thickers....

Welcome Sue!! Yep, we are really low-maintenance here (mostly because I have an infant and don't have a lot of time to manage a challenge, but know at least for me that this is a manditory one!)! So enter one page, enter 10, up to you!

Oh Mia, that is SO cute!!! I left you some sugar and am off to update the first post!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to SonjaC

Used lots of glimmer mist that Ive had for years it scare the hell out of me to use I always worry it will looks like one big mess, crackle paint that was still sealed and a Tim Holtz die still in a packet

So here it is

Fun at the Park By Julie101

Edited by julie101 on 02-05-13 04:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to julie101

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to tinadn

Hi all, please find my entry for this month's challenge. I am still deciding if I will use this layout for just this challenge or others as well, I suppose it depends on how much scrapping I get done during the month. Anyway, all the products used on here, including the photo are at least one year old if not longer. The papers were from Creative Memories when I first started scrapbooking so about 3 years ago. The lettering would have to be at least a year old and I used Tim Holtz crackle paint to give them a little bit more detail and the photos have been there since 2005 No twist used this month however I haven't used my crackle paint in just about 2 years lol.

Finally By Mycowsnz

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-06-13 05:54 AM

• jazzescrapper Said:
Ok I just read the rules and it says to enter as many as we like (who am I kidding, I am the slowest scrapper around, I'll be lucky to get one page done )

Oh I don't know if you can have that title or not!! Six days into this month and I just finished a two pager last night. And it's a pretty simple spread!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to KimKV

Hoarded project #2 for this month.

Nothing here less than a year old except MAYBE the doily die, which I think I got last May.

I haven't used the leaf stem diecut in a while - like so long ago that it might as well be a never used toy.

Girl In The Park by GentlewoodFarms

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-06-13 09:21 AM

I have a ton of stickers. I hardly ever use them, especially after I got the original Silhouette and even less now that I have the new one.

So, my hoarded item on here is those Mrs. Grossman's stickers. I have no iea how long I have had them!

So Much better By KimKV

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to KimKV

I have a Silhouette. It's still in the box.

OMG. That would be a GREAT "hoarder" thing this month, huh? Pull out my Silhouette and USE the freaking thing!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LOL Pat!! Maybe I was thinking of you when I dreamed up that twist... No, I lied, I'm sure it was ME! My parents won me a Sizzix Sidekick at a silent auction last spring and I have yet to use the thing... I finally got the die pads to use with it and am GOING to make rosettes if it kills me!

Love the latest entries everyone! I've sprinkled love and am off to update the front again!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

OH my GOSH! You have a SIDE KICK YOU'VE NEVER USED?

Girl, come here....no...closer..... (((SMACK)))

Get it outta the box already! You are going to LOVE this toy! I SWEAR it.

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz

All caught up again

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to mycowsnz

I have to say I don't have any tools I havn't allready used. Now supplies for sure, I have tons of stickers, rub ons, embellishmnets etc. that havn't even been used once.

Fun Times By BoBecca77
For this one it's the alphabet stickers, I did take them out of the package so I don't know what brand they are, but I bought them 5 years ago and never even used one.

Villa Julia By BoBecca77
In this one it's the keys(bought at J's) the lined pp, and the rub ons all in my stash for years.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-07-13 05:09 AM

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

Um...Don't YOU have a Silhouette you've never taken out of the box? Get it out woman, you're gonna love it.

There is woman on yourtube that doews awesome tutorials for it. doodindeb

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-07-13 05:11 AM
In response to KimKV

Sonja, are you planning to do this each month?

I hope so, I found so much stuff yesterday that I forgot I had. It's quite sad actually. I told my hubby I seriously need to go through and put a bunch of stuff on e-bay.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

Um...Don't YOU have a Silhouette you've never taken out of the box? Get it out woman, you're gonna love it.

LMAO!!! THANK you, KIM!

I was gonna say... Um, Pat... pot-kettle perhaps??
Yes, sadly I've had the thing almost a year and haven't used it, BUT I have a 7.5-month-old excuse! What's YOURS?!

That said, I did break it out yesterday and cut some of those snowflake rosettes from the die I bought at the last expo I went to... in October... Pretty fun, but man are they hard to glue together!

Becca - Thanks for joining! I'm impressed you don't have any tools you haven't used, but that's great! And great pages with old goodies!

Kim - Yep, I plan to keep this one going. It's a motivator for me, but it seems to be gaining interest around here!

Adding Becca's pages to the front and I'll be acu!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-07-13 12:22 PM
In response to SonjaC

Wow, did I have a couple of bad typos in that post this morning!!!!

It's Doodlingdebbie for the Silhouette tutorials.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

Pat back at you for not using your machine!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-08-13 10:12 AM
In response to tinadn

Wohoo! Some more hoarded stuf used.

The metal words have been in my drawer forever! Still have some of the pack left though.

These are the women I come from By KimKV

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to KimKV

Just checking in will have to catch up on love another day as I have had another migraine today that's 2 within 3 days

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-10-13 06:01 AM
In response to mycowsnz

Michelle, so sorry about the headache. I get cluster headaches, which are very similar to migraines. Mine is pretty much also on the right side. I take Zomig for mine.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to KimKV

headaches are the worst, sorry you are dealing with them

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I'm having a hard time finding something this month...boo:(

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

JCI. I'm going to work on my Valentine's cards, use some scraps, hoarded goodies, and try my mists!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to kdinsmore

JCI and ACU

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

shhhhh. You aren't supposed to REMEMBER that part!

I do plan to get it out of the box. I do I do I do plan to get it out of the box.

I am in need of a place to set it up. Perhaps I should photograph my scrap room.... Oh wait. I did. Photos in a minute.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Now - you tell ME where I'm gonna put a Silhouette in the midst of this chaos?

This Swirlydoos Challenge is going to be the end of me, I'm telling you. At least in the box, my Silhouette is safe from being lost in a pile of scrap c*r*a*p.

*~Swirlydoos Ultimate Designer Challenge Week 4 - Post Canvas Chaos!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-11-13 05:39 AM

Never mind!!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to KimKV

ACU

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to BoBecca77

Acu!

NICE Chaos Pat!! Did you get the number of that creative tornado?? Wow... I wish I HAD a scrap room for a creative tornado to hit... When I'm in the thick of a project, I comandeer the dining room table... since ds has started eating solids and we are trying to make sure we all sit down together (at the table) to eat, I'm getting less and less space! My stuff is all squashed in a corner of our living room for the cats to play in! (Those little furwitches get more playtime in my scrappy stuff than I do these days...)

ANYwho... I'm done whining... Love your view by the way! Bet it's gorgeous in springtime!

Happy birthday Becca!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

BTW, Pat... I stalked your gallery and found your canvas.... WOWOWOWOOW!!!! GORGEOUS work!!!!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

Thanks, Sonja. It got me through the Round 5 cut.

This week, I have to create an Art Journal, yet ANOTHER project that I've never attempted nor have any experience with.

But Heidi did an awesome tute, so I think I can muddle through this one ok. But the competition is so ... TOUGH.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-11-13 05:10 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BoBecca!!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to KimKV

Thank You for the birthday wishes

Pat good luck with the art journaling, Jenny Holiday of Everyday is a Holiday has a great blog w/ several tutorials for art journaling. Have fun with your project, can't wait to see what you come up with!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to BoBecca77

I (heart) Cousin Camp By BoBecca77
All the paper,rub ons, metal embellies are from my stash, no cle what brand any of it is anymore.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-12-13 01:56 PM
In response to BoBecca77

Okay, now I remember why I hoard eyelets, brads and anything else you have to poke holes for and pound on!! I never get them straight and I smash them. But now I have several less to smash.

Edited by KimKV on 02-12-13 01:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to BoBecca77

• BoBecca77 Said:

Pat good luck with the art journaling, Jenny Holiday of Everyday is a Holiday has a great blog w/ several tutorials for art journaling. Have fun with your project, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Believe I'll go check it out! Thanks, Becca!

UPDATE : WOW! This is a great site! Really helpful! I might actually be able to DO this art journal thingie.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-13-13 09:03 AM

More Hoarding!

Cardstock - couple of years old
Brads and those tab thingies
2010 Stickers

Christmas 2010 By KimKV

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to mycowsnz

horded the vines, green prima sticker ribbon, doily, and some of the paper

pulled out the old faux stitching technique

Mother and Daughter **Flamingo Scraps** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432

Erin Reed -
Guru
Erin Reed -
In response to mycowsnz

i have had this paper for over 2 years, the chipboard for at least one year, mists for 2 years, mesh for 3 years

tech is using my edge punches and mists/masks

Pinewood Derby 2013 By Erin Reed - Ekr1432

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Erin Reed -

jci

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to mycowsnz

Got one to turn in!

Heaven Whispers by GentlewoodFarms

BoBunny Forever Fall papers from 2011
Black Bling - fragment leftover from 2010
Rub-on Text - so old I don't even remember where I got it!

I used my new hexagon die - I think only once before and it had shuffled to the bottom of the stack, so I know it's been a while.

My little wind up roses have been on hiatus, as well as my leaf punch.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-18-13 04:41 PM

Hoarded the BG Two Scoops for years and years... actually the oldest things here are the tiny little pastel flowers. Nothing on here is newer than 5 years old -except the punches on the pp on the left - both of those I picked up a few months ago.
Cherish By GMFTS

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-19-13 05:22 AM
In response to GMFTS

JCI

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-19-13 05:25 AM
In response to KimKV

I used some rub-ons for that GTO layout and they kept coming off, all in one piece like a sticker that wouldn't stick. So, I went with the old stickers instead and threw out the rub-ons.

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to KimKV

Hi all JCI and ACU now to go and do some housework and tidying up before I need to go back out on the farm to do some more work. Wish I could just go back to bed though as I hate my 4am starts especially when it's your first day back after having days off

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to mycowsnz

ACU

Pat glad you enjoyed the blog. Her style and color schemes are just so much fun!!!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to BoBecca77

Aquarium By BoBecca77
Hoarded items are all years old, the striped paper,inks, rub on and dome stickers (that had never even been open).

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to mycowsnz

not a technique but definitely a hoarded item
I bought this clock face years ago when I first got my scraproom and thought I would decorate a clock, never did so decided to use on this lo.
church By Tinadn

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-20-13 03:35 PM
In response to tinadn

Hi All!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to KimKV

I'll be posting another one sometime tomorrow, depending on whether or not I have to go to work in the morning (they're already talking about the roads being a mess and the temp is falling steadily so I expect they will call school tomorrow).

I started with ONE plan and ended up finding a more BETTER plan so I did that instead, but since both plans involved hoarded stash, it worked out anyway.

I'm loving this challenge, Sonja. It's very VERY cool to see my stash pile dwindling ... not FAST, but it IS going down!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I agree Pat.
I don't always post my hoarded layouts in this thread but I definitely am in the MODE of using up older items.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

That's it exactly, Tina. I've gotten into the habit of looking through my old stuff to find something rather than looking for something new just because I have a compulsion to go find something new.

I still LOVE the new stuff, but I've definitely managed to curb my spending and I'm buying more of the kinds of things that I can use over and over again, stuff like masks and mists and gels rather than patterned paper and embellishments.

More bang for the buck as it were. Eventually, I'll have to find some new paper, but if I ever get to the point where I can't find something in my stash to play with, it's time for my stash to get purged and start fresh.

apa kabar
Queen
apa kabar

Here's my LO. TFL!

Kona By Apa Kabar

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-21-13 09:24 AM
In response to apa kabar

Here's another one I did last night. The only things new on here are the birds, the pink flowers and the spray I used on the flourishes.
My friend picks on me about how much of the Basic Grey Lemonade line I still have because when it came out she still had an lss and I harrassed her for at least about doing a reorder on it so I could get some. She will be proud that I finally used some.
So the hoarded items are: Basic Grey Lemonade papers, the chipboard flourishes (Rusty Pickle so you know how long I have had those!).
I got out my border punches and used several of them as well as some ancient Luminarte paint to add a little glimmer to the flourishes.
Sweet By GMFTS

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-21-13 09:26 AM

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I'll be posting another one sometime tomorrow, depending on whether or not I have to go to work in the morning (they're already talking about the roads being a mess and the temp is falling steadily so I expect they will call school tomorrow).

I started with ONE plan and ended up finding a more BETTER plan so I did that instead, but since both plans involved hoarded stash, it worked out anyway.

I'm loving this challenge, Sonja. It's very VERY cool to see my stash pile dwindling ... not FAST, but it IS going down!

So true so true - I post mine though because it motivates me to do more. Which is why I appreciate Sonia's hosting this. Unfortunately I seem to be in buying binge mode again...stop me before I paper again!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GMFTS

Mary, I'm getting ready to post a layout that uses Rusty Pickle PAPER. They've been out of business HOW long now?

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-21-13 01:54 PM

OH about 4 years maybe? I was never a fan of their paper - too many scary Santas and Easter
Bunnies...but I did like some of their other products especially the chipboard.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GMFTS

OH - well, you know Farmhouse Black, I assume? My first heritage class that I taught, I used this paper and didn't realize the company had gone out of business. Between the time I created the page and the class itself, my student count had exploded and I had to find some more of the paper. It was sold out all over the world. I ended up having to scrounge around and find enough to teach 25 ladies a heritage project when I'd originally planned for only six!

I bought a couple of sheets from Canada, some few more from England, and got the last package in the entire world from Australia. I've been hoarding it forEVER. I still have six sheets, and a project must be DEAR to my heart for me to pull and use it.

This one was.

My Grandmother by GentlewoodFarms

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-22-13 06:09 AM
In response to tinadn

mms

LREA 
Resident
  • LREA on 02-23-13 11:58 AM
In response to KimKV

Here's my entry. The hoarded items is a pack of paper from My Mind's Eye - Lost and Found Two. I have had these papers since the collection was first released and loved them so much I couldn't bear to use them. But when I came across them again the other day putting away other paper, I felt "now is the time"!

I went low-key on the twist - a digital die cut file for tab file folders that I have had for ages but never used.

Me, Myself & I By LREA

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to LREA

ACU and JCI, awesome work ladies

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to mycowsnz

Entering this as a funny because I used those gosh darn feet/hands again--I have them from the beginning of sbing-in the late 90's probably--I had them in blue and pink...I am desperate for pink things now and dont have much yet!!!!-also used my cuttlebug too!

Mom to Be By Marcilb

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-24-13 09:32 AM
In response to MarciLB

Hi ladies, thought I would share a pic of the puppies we are fostering. And now you know why I have been absent!!

Foster Pupppies By KimKV

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-24-13 12:01 PM
In response to KimKV

OH Kim they are just adorable.

Here is one more from me. The Kaisercraft pp is the newest and it has been in my stash since last summer - I bought it purposely for these pix.
Everything else ranges from 2 years back to 7 or 8 years back.

I Mustache U a Question Do You Like Fake Facial Hair? By GMFTS

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GMFTS

Ok, one more from me. The Dream Street papers have been lying around in my stash for ... a couple of years at least.

Farm Dawg by GentlewoodFarms

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to GMFTS

ACU!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to BoBecca77

OMG you guys are SO patient with me! I can't believe it's taken me nearly two weeks to get cu on this challenge... I'll update the front tomorrow and sprinkle a little love, but I'm finally sharing a few of my own!
My Funny Valentine (Project 52: Week 6) By SonjaC
All the cardstock I used are old - most from a little 8x8 paper pack I bought at M's years ago.

Bath Buddies By SonjaC
This one all the papers are old old old! Even the ones I used to cut out the fish, seaweed and flourishes came from my scrap stash. (I'm SO proud!)
Thanks again for your patience and love and I'll share the love soon!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-27-13 06:29 AM
In response to SonjaC

JCI

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to mycowsnz

Laffs! By NMscrapper

Patterned papers and bling are from a club kit at least two years old. The rub-ons have been in my stash so long I don't even remember what brand they are, and I've saved the flowers for "something special" far too long!

Love Rusty Pickle!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to NMscrapper

I did it!! I finally got the front updated!!

I SO enjoyed seeing all your fabulous pages this month, everyone! I actually saw some paper I know I have and need to use!

This challenge is still open until EOD tomorrow if anyone manages to pull off a page or two. Otherwise I'll open the new challenge Friday morning. Thank you so much for playing!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-28-13 10:24 AM
In response to SonjaC

Sonia I think you are amazing that you even find the time to scrap forget about running a challenge. You are doing just fine.

Here is my last one for this month. The paint is so old I was surprised it wasn't all dried up. I was going to use a crackle one but one was dried out completely.

PP is Kaleidoscope by My Minds Eye
When I started scrapping I had great ideas of making my two adult children each an album. I bought tons of stuff (we know how that is) most of it with specific projects in mind. What I didn't realize then was how slow a scrapper I am and how many pictures and projects I would want to do.
The kids albums are being worked on, finally, in the last two years (I haven't speeded up any though) so I am finally using all those goodies.

The Little Rascal By GMFTS

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to GMFTS

I started my Valentine's Day cards. I used my mists and masking. Still have to uploaded them, as usual!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-28-13 11:59 AM
In response to kdinsmore

I hope you don't mind if I solicit for a challenge I am trying.

The Comment Challenge

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics