Username Post: Greater Toronto Area        (Topic#1585285)
Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd do another roll call to see what members we have here from the GTA. Might be fun to start a discussion thread on here about local scrapbook trade shows, crops, etc.?

I'm in Bowmanville, but I'm very used to having to drive into Oshawa or Toronto to do anything LOL!

Who else is from the GTA?

Nicole

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to Magpie1

I'm in Toronto (west end) - not many LSSs around. I do go to Scrapfest in Kitchener and in Oshawa. Have never been to a crop but not oppposed to it It may help me actually stop shopping and actually get some pages done.

Veronica

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to uruvero

I've never been to Scrapfest. I love all-day crops because I find I get lots done. It forces me to pre-plan a few pages and just work on those rather than getting distracted at home

If I hear of anything good happening in the GTA I'll let you know!

Have a great weekend.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to Magpie1

I'm in York region. I'm actually going to a crop tomorrow. There are also others coming up in the Mississauga and London areas. I usually find the listings on kijiji. No stores around here either though.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to littleMRSimelda

Yes let me know - I'm the only one of my friends that scrapbooks and would love to go to a crop - maybe I can get more done.
Lately I've been shopping and just organizing my supplies, I haven't done a page this year yet!!!! Gotta get my butt moving!

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to uruvero

Every day at work I promise myself I'm going to go home and work on a page, but by the time I get home and do dinner etc, I'm too tired LOL! I know once I sit down to work I'll be inspired.

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom
In response to Magpie1

Hi all--Im in Richmond Hill...Ive been on a few Canadian message boards, but they all seem to close down. Glad to see there is a sub forum for Canada here....

I shop at Pointers Scrapbooking in Markham and The Workshop in Stouville. Im a regular at Scrapfest, CKC buffalo and love to go to charity weekend crops--

Cheers!
Diana

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to nadiasmom

Hey Diana!
I'm in Georgina and my mom is in RH.
There is a crop in Beaverton this weekend we are going to. Lots of space!

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom

March break starts this weekend...boo.....
Keep me posted on oters though!

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to nadiasmom

Oh I've always thought of going to CKC Buffalo - I'm a regular at Scrapfest but CKC sounds so good - is it worth the drive?

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom
In response to uruvero

It is worth the drive--it is completely different than Scrapfest. There are not alot of great bargains at scrapfest--lots of things are on liquidation at CKC buffalo--so the prices are REALLY GOOD. You can buy direct from Queen & Co, SEI etc. There are about the same number of vendors as Scrapfest, but the deals are great. Classes are cheaper in buffalo too compared with Scrapfest's ridiculous prices.....

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to nadiasmom

Wow. Sounds like a dream!

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero

Thanks for the heads up - I may skip out on the one in Kitchener this year and instead head down to Buffalo - the drive is not much of a difference.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to uruvero

Hi everyone.
There is a crop comin up may 4th in Beaverton. The listing is on kijiji but if you are interested you can pm me for details.
9-9 for $50 and includes pick up breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks throughout the day. Raffles & door prizes
Vendors will be present as well as tools for you to use.

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking

Hi everyone,

I don't know if I am considered in the GTA but I am southwest Ontario..London. I am always interested in a good crop and willing to drive when I can get out. I have 3 little ones at home and they keep me very busy. But with that comes lots of pictures and lots of scrapbooking to get done!

Brandi

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to crzy4scrapbooking

Hi Brandi.
My sister lives in London. She's an Arbonne consultant. She's actually going to be coming up to my crop may 4th!

We often go to ones at the circle square ranch. There are a few coming up but none of the dates worked for us.

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking

LittleMrsImelda,

Are you saying that Circle square ranch does crops? If so I will have to look into it. If you have not heard of Crop across Canada, they are awesome for listing upcoming crops. I am hoping to get to some crops soon!

Brandi

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero

Thanks for that tip Brandi - off to check it out and hopefully I can find something in the area.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to uruvero

Hi

Well circle square ranch rents out the space. Hey don't organize them but yes crops are held there.

crzy4scrapbooking
Tenant
crzy4scrapbooking

If anyone is interested I know of a couple upcoming crops in the London/St. Thomas area. I am not hosting any of them but I know I had a hard time finding any in my area for the longest time and now they seem to be coming out of the woodwork and I want to share the wealth of knowledge.

If you want to find out about any of these, email as I am not on here very often with 3 little ones but I will be happy to share, my email is [email protected]

Brandi

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom

London is a bit far for me but keep posting upcoming crops! Love to scrap....

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

Ladies, anyone planning to go to Buffalo in May and interested in driving together?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics