Username Post: BOM Challenge for March 2013        (Topic#1585445)
charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Welcome to the monthly BOM Challenge for March 2013.

This is a monthly challenge to help those who want to make a Book of Me (BOM) or expand their BOM or just get motivated to work on their BOM. I'm making it a monthly challenge as that seems to give us all more urgency to make us work on a project. Couple it with some of the other challenges out there- Page Maps, Monthly Sketch, Monochrome, Sewing... There are so many & you'll at least get one LO done for YOU.

How many of us inherited an album of pictures with little to no notes about who or what was going on? So many times we scrap our family, but not ourselves- as if we are less important. I so wish my mother had put a note or something behind some of those photos & now she's gone & I cannot ask. Leave something for the future generations about the magical & wonderful person you are.

Collections: What do you collect? Do you have a collection you’ve worked on for a long time? Are you picky about the items within the theme for your collection? Is it small or large? Does it spill over into other areas of your home’s decoration? What got you started collecting this item- did someone give you something and it has grown or is it something you’ve always liked and gathered as time has gone on? Tell the story about what makes it special. Is there a star in the collection that you prize above the others? Take some photos of the collection to go with your narrative about it.

This can be a 1 or 2-page LO. It does not have to have pictures, but you can put whatever you like. The only rule is it be about something you collect.

Here’s a 2nd & fun BOM topic- When you leave the house- whether it be to go to work or just out- what must you carry with you no matter what? Take a photo of those critical objects and explain why you must have them.

Most of all, have fun, share as much or as little as you want, give positive feedback & leave love as we all need some of that about our work.

No sign-up necessary- just jump right in :jump:

Please let us know the name you like to be called if it isn't in your signature block.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Go to the Share section on the left-hand side under Share A Link and click on ‘Link/Embed Image'.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

Participants:
CharCats7 (Char)
babigirl (Shatema)
KimKV (Kim)
Faithscrapper (Paula)
wapygirl (Jacki)
jazzescrapper (Sue)
GentlewoodFarms (Pat)
lindaj3 (Linda)
Scrap-Police (Kathy)
msmama (Coleen)

Submissions:
1) My Collection By Msmama

2) collectable By Wapygirl

3) My Collection-Obsession By Beck_bear

4)

Edited by charcats7 on 04-04-13 04:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to charcats7

I'm in

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-25-13 05:31 AM
In response to babigirl

Great topic this month Char. I'm in again for sure.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

YAY - I wanted to put a lighter topic up as we've been serious 2 months in a row

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to charcats7

I'm in!! I love the prompt!!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to Faithscrapper

hmmmm....

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to J. Washington

Is the prompt what we collect? or is it what do we have to have on hand when we leave the house? Sorry I haven't done this challenge yet to know which is the right prompt.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to jazzescrapper

Char -

I'm going to assume my patterned paper stacks don't count, right?

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• jazzescrapper Said:
Is the prompt what we collect? or is it what do we have to have on hand when we leave the house? Sorry I haven't done this challenge yet to know which is the right prompt.

Sue- there is a main topic- the collection & a second fun topic- the what you must have with you. So 2 different pages. Does that help?

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Char -

You are so funny Pat - nooo- that's not what I had in mind- but you are right- us scrappers do COLLECT lots of pretty papers Now if you framed each one & displayed it somehow- that would meet the criteria... Not that I'm trying to give anyone ideas here...

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to charcats7

OH fun, I am in.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to lindaj3

What happens if that is all you collect...and as my husband says is overtaking the house.
I guess I could do why I don't collect stuff. Hmmm..
I'm so far behind but want to play. Work has been tough and I don't see it getting better for several weeks. Now i think I'm getting a cold so that doesn't help. I guess I will continue to stalk this forum until life lets me scrap.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to Scrap-Time

It helps, thank you. I know exactly what I collect besides scrap supplies. I will play along.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-27-13 11:02 AM

I didn't even catch the second theme. I like that one too!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to KimKV

Hello ladies jci

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to babigirl

count me in

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to msmama

Welcome everyone

Yes Kim- I started that "fun" second theme idea last month.

Kathy- you could work the 2nd theme...

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-28-13 12:00 PM
In response to charcats7

The Comment Challenge Hi Char,

I hope you don't mind if I promote a new challenge I am trying.

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Char -

hahaha... this did make me laugh out loud! What do I not collect at this point in time.... I am not sure what I will do on this one yet.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Jacki - just pick 1 - something that has particular sentimental value or maybe one that has fun memories tied to it - or take a picture of a couple- then randomly pick one.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-28-13 01:34 PM
In response to charcats7

I have one "official" thing I collect. Thimbles, not the metal sewing with ones, but the, well, collectible ones I'm trying to figure out for sure which one is my favorite.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to KimKV

jci

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
I have one "official" thing I collect. Thimbles, not the metal sewing with ones, but the, well, collectible ones I'm trying to figure out for sure which one is my favorite.

I have 1 thing as well- officially - cats - but I don't think I can necessarily pick a fav - I have favs for diff reasons

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
Jacki - just pick 1 - something that has particular sentimental value or maybe one that has fun memories tied to it - or take a picture of a couple- then randomly pick one.

Jacki - is so quick she could probably do several pages about each different thing by the time I even come up with what I want to do!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I collected horses for a while. Mares and foals in particular.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-01-13 03:18 PM

If anyone is interested I am hosting what I am calling the comment challenge. Basically it's a share anything. Because we all have pages that aren't for challenges but we want to share. Link is in my siggie!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to KimKV

JCI! Hi ladies!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Good morning

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play in my craft room this weekend. Spent a majority of time getting little seeds planted in tiny paper pots so that when it's time to plant the garden they will have a head start. Last year we planted directly, but by the time they came up, so did all the weeds & it was hard to tell them apart- therefore some things never really made it as they got choked out. This year we are hoping to get ahead of things. A lot of work tho. I'm also trying to replant all my violets & make room for the seedling tray in the kitchen as my neighbor (we're doing the garden joint) can't keep it at her house because her cats will dig in it (she has 3)- my 1 cat so far has not had much interest. He's been an indoor cat all his life- so I'm thinking he really won't like getting his paws dirty. I hope so anyway.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to charcats7

GAds, it doesn't seem TIME for that yet, but I know it is!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-04-13 11:15 AM

I'm scrapping our 25th wedding anniversary pics now, seems like just a few months ago. But in 3 more months it will be 26 already!! Time flies these days doesn't it!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

congrats Kim- If my DS wasn't 22 I'd swear my DH & I had not been married for 23 already. It helps that he's my best friend. I have no idea what to do for our 25th other than go on a cruise. We planned an Alaskan cruise sea/land combo for our 20th, but the Army kind of detoured our plans. Someday we will get there.

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to charcats7

JCI

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-05-13 05:15 AM
In response to lindaj3

We are planning on taking a cruise out of Boston this year. Nothing real fancy, will have an inside state room and just use it for sleeping. The one hubby is looking at goes to one place and stays there. We would probably do a lot of scuba diving!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

I've never been brave enough to scuba dive. I can't snorkel- almost drowned in HI- got caught in the waves & I'm not a strong swimmer to start with- wave hit my mask... enough said- scared my DH enough to no end- thus- he decided we will never go snorkeling again.

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

• Scrap-Police Said:
  • charcats7 Said:

Jacki - is so quick she could probably do several pages about each different thing by the time I even come up with what I want to do!

too funny...
I am still thinking of punds and wrinkles as my most collected items this year...

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Jacki - that's funny but I agree the last couple years I have collected pounds too (around the mid section)!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-07-13 05:07 AM
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I've never been brave enough to scuba dive. I can't snorkel- almost drowned in HI- got caught in the waves & I'm not a strong swimmer to start with- wave hit my mask... enough said- scared my DH enough to no end- thus- he decided we will never go snorkeling again.

I have to say that diving isn't anything like snorkeling or just regular swimming.

I was terrified to be in water that came up past my shoulders, no seriously! Even in a swimming pool. I still don't like it and unless I have my gear on, I will not go where I can't touch the bottom.

But when you know you have your air right there on your back and know that you can inflate your BC to get to the top, it's a completely different feeling. I still panic when we dive up here, I have a hard time getting down in the cold water. But once I am down, it's great.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
  • charcats7 Said:

I have to say that diving isn't anything like snorkeling or just regular swimming.

I was terrified to be in water that came up past my shoulders, no seriously! Even in a swimming pool. I still don't like it and unless I have my gear on, I will not go where I can't touch the bottom.

But when you know you have your air right there on your back and know that you can inflate your BC to get to the top, it's a completely different feeling. I still panic when we dive up here, I have a hard time getting down in the cold water. But once I am down, it's great.

So you're saying I should try it out & that there is hope?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-07-13 06:55 AM
In response to charcats7

Yes!! My first experience was in the Cayman's. Warm water is much easier. If my first experience had been here in NH, it would have been my only! We did what is called a discovery scuba. First your DH tells one of the instructor ladies that you don't like to be water over head and can they help me a little more, she says that's there isn't really time for that. Then they start you out in a pool, you learn the basics. Then the same woman gives the "class" a little chat about what each of us might do with this experience. Go on to get certified, not even be able to do it (looking at me). And you say to yourself, oh yeah it's on lady!! Then you come back, still have enough air in your tank to go for at least another 30 minutes, but everyone else is out! You then proceed to tell said lady thank you for pointing me out in class and make sure you note, I was not the person that couldn't do it!!

Well, you might not do ALL of that!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

LOL Kim

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-08-13 05:25 AM
In response to charcats7

I serioulsy have my stupid on this morning!

I plugged my iPhone in this morning to charge and nothing. Great. So I plugged the cord into the computer, still nothing. So I waited for my DS to come back home, they called off work this morning,so I could charge my phone in the car. (Stupid #1). When he got home I went down and plugged it in to the car. (Stupid #2) Shortly after that I remembered, that my DH has as iPhone for work and a charger here. (slight smart there). I went down got my phone so I could plug it in with his cord. (Stupid #3). Then I went to get my phone to take a picture and realized....I have a short cord that came with my phone in my desk!!! (Stupid #4 – not remembering that in the first place!) Then I took the phone back to my DH;s charger and plugged it back in! (Stupid #5)wow...

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

Kim- maybe you should go back to bed for a few & get up as if none of that happened- start over

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-08-13 09:47 AM
In response to charcats7

That's what my husband said

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to KimKV

Hahaha... too funny Kim

I was thinking about what I never leave my house without. Of course the first thing I thougt of was my purse. But better yet inside my purse is 3 small notebooks. Each notebook serves a purpose. One for everyday journaling. One for my shopping lists, and one I use as my "venting" book. If I need to complain about something I write it down to get it off my chest. How will I scrap this... IDK.

anyway here's my collection entry

My Collection By Msmama

Edited by msmama on 03-10-13 04:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to msmama

YAY- Coleen is our 1st submission for this topic Those Moo Moos are soooo cute, I can see why you collected them

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-11-13 08:48 AM
In response to charcats7

So ladies.... I don't usually make requests like this on challenge threads, and I hope no one feels uncomfortable with this.

I will try to keep this brief. My DS joined the Marine's a couple of years ago and do to Osgood Schlatter could not finish boot camp. OS is a condition with the knee that over time goes away. For the past several months now we have been trying to get him into the Air Force. His records were sent to what they call MEPS for medical evaluation. They said no. Friday his records were sent to the Surgeon General in hopes that he would over rule and let DS join the Air Force.

We would sure appreciate any prayers or good thoughts you all could put out there that this turns in DS's favor. The military is all he has ever wanted to do and has no idea what to do if this doesn't happen.

Thanks!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to KimKV

Kim you have my prayers. Best Wishes!

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to msmama

acu

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
So ladies.... I don't usually make requests like this on challenge threads, and I hope no one feels uncomfortable with this.

I will try to keep this brief. My DS joined the Marine's a couple of years ago and do to Osgood Schlatter could not finish boot camp. OS is a condition with the knee that over time goes away. For the past several months now we have been trying to get him into the Air Force. His records were sent to what they call MEPS for medical evaluation. They said no. Friday his records were sent to the Surgeon General in hopes that he would over rule and let DS join the Air Force.

We would sure appreciate any prayers or good thoughts you all could put out there that this turns in DS's favor. The military is all he has ever wanted to do and has no idea what to do if this doesn't happen.

Thanks!

Kim- this is really hard right now as they are cutting back- especially the AF- they have been hit hard with cuts as well as the Navy. In that light- they aren't doing medical waivers. The Army stopped accepting any waivers including GEDs 2 years ago. The economy is down so enlistment is up. They can afford to be really choosy. Being in the Army NG myself right now- I'm quite aware of the funding issues. Also, I'm a Federal employee & will be subject to the sequester. I've seen great military people cut at their 20 year mark because they didn't do something in the past 3 years to further their education. They are looking for reasons to tell people "thanks for your service, but go home." And NG members who are M-day (weekend warriors as commonly known) don't get to draw that military retirement until they turn 60.

I'm saying all this since you are asking for prayers- you need to know some of those details and be specific.
#1 You need medical stating that the knee condition is completely cleared and is unlikely to recur even under stress as well as no permanent damage to the knee or limitations. The AF is very strict- if you cannot run, you cannot stay in!
#2 Do you know any officers in the AF or have friends who know any? If so, get some recommendation letters.
#3 Pray all this is reviewed and considered positively.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-12-13 04:49 AM
In response to charcats7

Thanks for all the information, my husband is retired from the Air Force, Senior Master Sgt. So we too are familiar with the military. He did a lot of research before we even approached the recruiter a few months ago. It's been a slow process, but the recruiter says the simple fact that they even sent it to the SG was a good sign, but not a guarantee. He saw the doctor right after he got back from the Marines and the copies of her notes saying that the knee appeared fine and that there was no permanent damage are in the chart. His recruiter also had him go again before his records were sent to MEPS. My son also wrote a paragraph about the exercises and running that he has been doing since coming home.

Osgood Schlatter happens mostly to boys, but is starting to appear in girls as they become more involved in sports. It is caused by small injuries due to repeated overuse before the knee area is finished growing. Also a growth spurt, such a 5 inches in 3 months, which my son did.

He had the bump that usually occurs with OS and it has gone away, the bump is what caused his pain. We thought the OS had gone away before he join the Marines. He can run with no problems now too.

Edited by KimKV on 03-12-13 04:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

Kim- that's good news. I just know how MEPS has to be really strict. I'm also glad to know you aren't military illiterate LOL - Praying that they review & grant that waiver

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-12-13 05:55 AM
In response to charcats7

Military Illiterate, I use that phrase quite often. People who have never been around military families or been there themselves don't understand it. It's not their fault. The military, to some people, is like your water heater. You know it's there, but you don't think much about it until you need it.

But, you don't want me to get started on that!!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to charcats7

I am stumped on both of these topics. I don't believe I will complete either layout!

I have not collected anything since highschool. Back then it was jewelry boxes. I have so few now that it doesn't even count as a collection anymore. haha...

When I leave the house, I am doing great if I find my keys and phone and make it out with them. I am always losing my keys and phone.

But I will keep checking in and commenting on the layouts that get posted! I love to see everyone's work.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Jacki- sounds like you could do a LO of "back then I collected..." and just take photos of what you've kept & why you aren't collecting anymore. That's a part of your past that counts.

I used to collect rocks- my grandpa was a rockhound. I don't really have any photos of my collection- they aren't much more than- well- rocks of no particular value & have little viewing pleasure. But I intend to do a page about it because it is something I shared with my family- my dad made jewelry, my grandpa cut, polished, and cut stones- made some jewelry too. It was a fascinating part of my growing up. I have fond memories of catching lizards in piles of rocks in my grandpa's back yard & making arrowheads out of obsidian (he had a huge pile of it). I have a small box of my former rock collection left- but there's a story.

So what I'm trying to say Jacki- is what is the story that goes with that jewelry box collection? Your BOM is about you- past & present. Do you have pics of you when younger with the collection or receiving them as a gift?

Hope that helps

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-15-13 02:09 PM
In response to charcats7

Good idea Char.

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to KimKV

Okay I am gonna have to drop from this month, just not sure I am gonna get this one done. I will look for y'all next month.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to lindaj3

just reading along wishing I could scrapbook

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

• KimKV Said:
Military Illiterate, I use that phrase quite often. People who have never been around military families or been there themselves don't understand it. It's not their fault. The military, to some people, is like your water heater. You know it's there, but you don't think much about it until you need it.

But, you don't want me to get started on that!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Scrap-Police Said:
just reading along wishing I could scrapbook

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to charcats7

I don't have any photos...but I still have my three favorite boxes. I guess I could take a photo of those.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-17-13 04:26 AM

Checking in.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

Yes Jacki- take a photo of those & then write the story

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-18-13 08:07 AM
In response to charcats7

Grrrr been waiting all weekend to scrap and I am just NOT in the mood!!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to KimKV

I will get on it...after my kids calm down enough to allow me to scrap!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Kim- did the mood ever strike you?

Jackie- does calm down equate to being asleep?

Hope all is well with everyone. This next Sat is my bday so I've decided the present to myself is scrap allll day. Nothing like paper therapy to chase away the fact it will be another week before my DH gets to come home from school. Otherwise my excitement is going out to lunch with my dad- which is not very exciting really.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-20-13 01:04 PM
In response to charcats7

Not yet. I have pictures for the next round of layouts laying on the desk, on top of the paper, in the design I want and that's it!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

Kim - hope it comes to you soon

Tomorrow is my day to SCRAP!!! I'm so excited to just push everything else aside and do what I want to do.

So many changes- my daily life will be altering very soon as in about 30 days I'll be discharged from the Military & then after my application goes thru the Federal system I will get a disability retirement from my Tech job. A lot of variables. But I am trusting God that everything will work out & that many new adventures await.

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to charcats7

That's a huge change in your life Char! I will pray that it all works out for the best!

My babies don't have to sleep to calm down, but the constant bickering and "momma" needs to stop!! haha School starts back on Monday... I just wish the weather had been a little more kids friendly over spring break. We spent most of the days in the house watching movies. That is why they have been so crazy!! We did make it to the park one day, to ride bikes another, and one day was spent volunteering and playing at our library though...

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Happy Birthday Char!!
Have a wonderful scrappy day!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

here is mine!
collectable By Wapygirl

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

happy birthday Char!!!

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne

JCI. I am on spring break from school this week. It's going to be a busy week, but I do get one day where I can do some scrapbooking! Not a book of me, but a book of us for my daughter and her boyfriend (going to make duplicates, sort-of). Any suggestions?

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to Jalynne

Jalynne- I make a book for both of my daughters every year. Since we have many of the same events for both scrapbooks....it gives me a reason to take soooo many photos! lol...that way I can use different photos of the same event in both books. They rarely have the same picture.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-24-13 09:29 AM

Char, prayers for you.

Awe, the sounds of bored children... I do not miss!!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to KimKV

I am in no rush for them to grow up and leave me, but at the same time...I am SO ready for them to give me a quiet break!!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear

good luck with all the changes in your life Char

sorry i have been mia the last couple of weeks, my son and i have been incredibly sick and I have been unable to scrap and he is also going through a phase that if he can't come cuddle with me then he loses his mind so we have been having LOTS of cuddle time

i did manage to pick up my picture for this challenge today as I have been snowed in for the past five days and hoping since my little on is feeling better that i will have a chance to scrap tomorrow during the day or evening

off to spread some love

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to beck_bear

hi everyone- thanks for the birthday wishes. I did get to spend the day scrapping with a gf- it was a nice quiet day filled with lots of paper therapy.

Thanks for the prayers- change is inevitable- the hardest part is the schedule adjustment & how my DH feels about it. But it will work out- might be a bit bumpy- but it will work out.

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to charcats7

jci!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Meant to take pictures of my kitty collection last night - but after stopping at the bank, the grocery store, then gas, then finally home to put things away, eat & get things ready for the next day- the evening was shot- it was time to get ready for bed.

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to charcats7

here is my collection:
My Collection-Obsession By Beck_bear

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-30-13 03:39 AM
In response to beck_bear

Well, I really dropped the ball on scrapping towards the end of this month! I have pictures for both things for this months challenge. Once I get them done, I'll have to share them in April!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to KimKV

Me 2 Kim! I'll catch up!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I will post April's challenge tonight- sorry I'm so behind. I found out I can get enough retirement points to make 15 years if I do 195 hours of correspondence courses so I have been going online & going straight to the tests & passing about half of them on the first try. Have been going cross eyed the past several days & have 79 hours done since last Wednesday. So I plan to get that set up and posted tonight- I hope.

Thanks for bearing with me

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to charcats7

wow!! Good luck on the rest! I am sure you can get it. I have no problem waiting for you Char!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Thanks Jacki

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to charcats7

wow that is quite an endeavour Char, good luck

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to beck_bear

Well- all that has changed for what I can do- what will count- time frame- basically I keep getting told different things that has led me thru a major emotional roller coaster this past week plus- I feel like a wreck. I finally have the truth of what is required but now need to request a waiver as they would have to agree to keep me until 11Mar next year in order to get the time coupled with the course points to equate enough for a countable year, get 15, then be discharged. I feel like a balloon that is losing it's integrity- either I'll pop or just deflate all over the room.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to KimKV

Here is April's BOM topic - sorry so late....

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics