Page 9 of 9 
Username Post: March New Layouts        (Topic#1585571)
rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

Wow Cathe!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Sounds like everyone had a busy but nice Easter weekend. I didn't see the April link so I guess we are still posting here, right? Or did I miss it?

Cheryl, are you recovered from your trip?

Thanks again for your prayers, please keep them coming. My sister, who is a nurse anethesologist, is quite concerned about Dad. Just not sure what we are dealing with yet. Hopefully his tests this week will tell the tale. Of coure, it may be several days before we hear anything after his last test on Thursday. On top of this, my mother fell at home. No broken bones just bruises and sore.

I finally got caught up on my project life. I'm still plugging along with PSE10. So much to learn and remember....hopefully you can see some improvements with each week. So Cheryl and Terry and others here who do digi, I do appreciate any suggestions you may have for improvement!

Project Life Week 11 By Anna C

So excited that I finally figured out how to get the two pages in one photo!
Project Life Week 12 By Anna C

I should have framed the cross photo like I did the others....
Project Life Week 13 By Anna C

Hope everyone has a great day!

Edited by Anna C on 04-01-13 01:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Anna C

I don't think the April thread has been started yet!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to SJB1120

Good Morning Anna!!
Good Morning Steph!!

Nice to see you both!!

Anna, praying the best for your Dad! Your sister will be a good advocate for him, I;m sure she'll keep an eye on things. Praying all goes well, as well a prayer for your Mom...

Steph, sounds like your meal was a success!! Hows everything going in Germany??

I am traveling to Moultonboro, NH today...near Lake Winnipawsakee (sp?), anyway...Our seasonal camper, Archie lives there and wants us to get out of the campground for the day. We'll do lunch and probably some window shopping. I have some pics of Reese...will try to post them!

Have a great day everyone!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Jojo Noons

Germany is going well, and in less than two weeks my momma will be here!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Lake Winnipawsakee is amazing!!! My cousins used to rent a house there for a month in the summer with their kids, they have a lot of wonderful memories from those times.

Enjoy!!

-Stephanie

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to SJB1120

A couple pics...

Easter Egg Hunt By Jojo Noons

Reese By Jojo Noons

Easter Egg Hunt By Jojo Noons

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Mel - Did you forget about it being your turn to start the April thread? If you need help or are unable to do it, let me know. I would be more than happy to help out.

I actually slept in this morning!! I will check back in later. I have a busy day planned!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

Hi everyone...rain..noisy rain last night and more today.
Denise my mother used to make me Easter cakes just like that for my birthday which falls around Easter. She made bunnies and bonnets usually. Your cake reminded me of that. TFTM. (thanks or the memory/ies).
Jo darling photos..what a cutie.
Cathe..you must be exhausted. I always wrote out clues for my girls' Easter treasure hunt.
Cheryl...sleeping in???? what is that exactly. Lucky you.
Anna...your poor parents. Still praying...I'm gonna check out your layouts..so far so great!
Denise...your dh sounds like mine...he just can't seem to get going on PLANNING our new baths....still just talking about it...mostly I"M just talking about it. Take before and after pics of your new room...it sounds wonderful.
Steph how wonderful to have your mom there...hope you have a great time! Is she bring you some scrapcrap???
Katy as soon as you find out if you can have that Monday off let me know. Miss you!

It was fun hosting this month...all I can say is you guys sure yak a lot ..more yakkin' than scrappin'...but I love it here so keep on yakkin'.......on Mel's thread. y'all should have kept reminding her like you did me....

I just do no feel like scrapping. I want to want to but so far I just don't want to.

See on Mels' thread...
Oh Melllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllll !!!!!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

Happy "April Fools" day! JCi quickly since I'm now doing taxes. Question for anyone who uses Quicken. When you download from the online banking to quicken does the payee come in with "debit purchase" or "positive purchase" or any other verbiage before the Payee's name? This is what is taking so long every year. In Money, the payee comes thru electronically with those words and I have to go thru & erase them all. I'm thinking of switching if Quicken doesn't do this.

Jody: adorable little guy that Reese is!!! I bet he is having a ball. How long will they be there?
Stephanie: great dinner you did! How exciting your mom is coming to visit too.
Katy: what a great guy! A new Kindle---woohoo!!!
Cheryl: sorry you had a rough day yesterday! That must be hard part of being a nurse.
Anna: your poor Mom! Sending hugs, hopes, & prayers for their safety & health!
Jeannie: I want to scrap too but can't until all this gets done! We had gorgeous weather & hubby mowed the yard too!
Donna: how did the egg hunt go?
Mel: MMMMMEEEELLLLL---it's april!!!!!!

BBL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Anna I'm really glad to hear that your mom didn't break anything. Sure hope your Dad can rebound.

JOJO -Reese is darling. How old is he?

I had to quick look and see if I was supposed to set up April...nope not me.

Jeannie I feel like you do...I'm itching to scrap, yet ...I don't. I'll get Easter pics on Tues. and that will get me going.

Terry -I know nothing about Quicken sorry. My dh is gone or I'd ask him. If you don't get an answer before he gets home I'll ask him.

Cheryl-have fun on your busy day.

I'd better get something accomplished. bbl

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

Thanks Cathe!!! Just came back in from getting more caffeine. You should be tired from yesterday! What a crew. I remember all of us at Grandma's on Easter & that was about 45 people at any given time. We had Fritatta to munch on and the main dinner at 2PM was Italian spiced baby goat, polenta, asparagus, & tons of salad. Plus easter egg bread & Italian cream cake. How this little woman cooked all that for all of us is amazing to me. And now I thank you for my memory!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Jody, your dgs is too cute!

Have a good busy day Cheryl.

Hiys Jeannie, any flowers yet?

Anna, lovin' your Project Life LOs.

Hiya Stephanie!

Cathe, I bet your waster photos are cool. I fogot to take my camera to DDs so no photos. Oh well.

Terry, I used Quicken for banking at a job I worked at but its been many years, I don't remember. I think it was a rudimentary program and not fully developed yet. Thing was it was redunant, I kept both paper regiester and the Quicken register whick of course caused me double the work. I shouldn't compain. I had a lot of free time and it was just me in the office for 90% of the day waiting for the phone to ring.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Am I the only person who did not know my computer monitor is magnetic???!!! I was sitting down at the computer with a bowl of cereal and my spoon and my hand with the spoon got very close to the screen and the screen grabbed my spoon and it just hung there....with milk dripping. I couldn't believe it and made a big deal and dh and dd1 came running...dh thought I was pulling an April Fools joke until when they came in here and then they both rolled their eyes and laughed. (stinkers!) I'm still amazed but I guess that wasn't any big deal.

spoon stuck itself to screen By Dollscrap

Cathe I have a few pics from Easter too...I'm out of ink on my personal printer and as soon as I buy some more maybe those pics will get me started too. Sometimes I will just all of a sudden want to scrap..I'm waiting for that.
And Terry..It is hard to scrap when you have a big project hanging over your head.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Thanks Denise...I can't find the answer on the Quicken pg and I'm wondering if it isn't my bank that does it.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Jeannie: that's hysterical! Maybe the gremlins in your 'puter/keyboard are magnetic too.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Anna: great job on your digis! With each lesson are you instructed to use this technique or add this to your LO? Are they teaching you different ways to manipulate your photos? One thing you could try is to place a shadow of the same shape behind your photos. Another thing to try is to cut out a shape, change the photo to bw & reinsert the colored shape.
This is an example my oldest kid did to show you

London #2 By Abby0317
London By Abby0317

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Wonder where Mel is??? If she doesn't show up and start the new thread by the end of the day, do you all want me to go ahead and start the April thread?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Sure Cheryl. Why not?

Terry, it could be the bank... And your phone booth photos are so cool, very London-like and I like the effect created with the B&W.

Jeannie, that is too funny.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Yes, Cheryl go ahead. Mel must have forgotten. That's easy to do.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317

I agree Cheryl. Or if you are busy I'll do it.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Thanks Denise! When I saw this I thought it would be really hard. He surprised me tho. There are techniques to highlight or darken certain areas or color, etc.
I did this with Austin's eyes (lo named Baby's got Blue Eyes) but you just couldn't see it in the little photos here.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Abby0317

Hi everyone!!
Long day, and I'm very tired!! Arthritic hands are hurting...taking a couple acetimenophen and going to bed early. Went all over the state of NH today and went out for lunch. Will be in tomorrow morning to get caught up...

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Abby0317

Hi ladies!

Glad that everyone had a nice Easter weekend. We had a blast at our cousins house. Good food, lots of wine and quality time with the family. Patrick enjoyed hunting for his eggs. This year I put a timer on and he had to find as many as he could in 5 minutes. It was fun

I called Cricut again today about my Imagine. My warranty is up on 4/17.... They are replacing it. Rather than have me ship it back they had me disable it by cutting the blade wire and sending the tech a photo of it. I felt so bad cutting it...like I was backstabbing a friend lol. I should have a new one in a week. Refurbished cause they don't make them anymore. But as long as it works I'm ok with that

Terry-that image is adorable. Would make a great vintage Easter card. Good luck with your construction. That sounds like a headache and a half!

Jeannie-prayers for your SIL's mom. Your spoon on the monitor cracked me UP!! I didn't know that. I just knew you shouldn't put a magnet near your monitor. That's hystericle...thanks for sharing lol

Great bunny cake Denise!

Wow..26 people Cathe? Sounds like a lot of work. I hope you got to enjoy yourself too.

Anna- so sorry to hear your mom fell! Keeping both your parents in my prayers. I hope it's not serious with your dad. Your Project Life looks awesome! You have inspired me to give it a shot next year. I can't start in he middle of the year lol

Hiya Jojo! Reese is adorable!

Hi hi hi to everyone else!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-01-13 08:07 PM
In response to DittoBabyGirl

So much to catch up on so I opened up a notepad doc so I don't accidentally lose my post.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I was really sick all Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Called the doc back on Saturday and switched my antibiotocs and that helped. By Sunday I was feeling well enough to drive (well, I rode, hubs drove) the 4 hours to the renn faire down near Austin. We didn't dress up since I still wasn't feeling great, but it was the last day of the season for this faire and we hadn't been at all yet. So I REALLY wanted to go. The weather was nice, a little on the warm side but at least it didn't rain. Then we drove the 4 hours back home and tested all the storm chasing equipment to make sure it all works properly together. All systems go! We got home after 10 and I was so exhausted. Today was a rough day and I had a bit of a relapse- not feeling great tonight so going to finish catching up on chat here and then head to bed.

I will get caught up on love for March tomorrow... there are still a few I still need to do.

Jody, thank you for the info on the moose. I've been on a few trips for work where I've been driving late at night in areas with lots of wildlife. That info might come in handy one day. How did Dad's surgery go?
LOL love the story about the robin's eggs. Hubs bought 3 bags of them this year.
Have you ever tried vanilla vodka and ginger ale? Tastes just like a cream soda. Sooo good!

Cheryl, welcome back! Glad you had a great trip! Sorry to hear that DH still isn't getting answers. Sending positive thoughts your way. I'm also sorry you didn't have a great easter day. I hope today was better.

Cathe, sounds like you had a great time doing easter eggs with the kiddoes! Wow, 26 people?!?! Sounds like the party's at your place!

Terry, I just love the nighty night LO. Sooo pretty! Thanks for asking about the house. It's going pretty well. We have walls up inside and they should be texturing on Thursday, then cabinets come in on Friday. They started doing the bricks but when we saw them, they didn't look like the right color. Turns out, they weren't. The inspector even said they were wrong when they came in, but gave the contractors the go-ahead anyway. It makes no sense but our builder is on top of it and will get it straightened out. It won't cause any delays because nothing else needs to be done outside after the bricks are done. So that's good. Did your contractor come today?
I asked hubs about your quicken question. He thinks that is coming from the bank- he works at a credit union and theirs doesn't have that on there when they do testing. He says you can download the file from your bank's website and look at the text file. If it's on your text file, you know it comes from the bank.

Jeannie, you absolutely should go on a trip! Something as hard as letting go of that house, you should at least get some wonderful new memories out of the deal. I listened to the World War Z audiobook after I read the paper book. The audio was very good so I'm interested to see the movie. How is your SIL's mom doing? LOL about the spoon!

Mel, I have one of those bamboo chimes and it sounds so cool when it's really windy. I'm shocked it hasn't ever broken with these north Texas winds. Did you get your planting done?

Denise, I am loving seeing all your ancestry pages. So interesting! Terrible about the math teacher. My sister has a teacher kind of like that and everyone is failing their standardized tests. I love the thunderstorms. Guess that's a good thing since we're stormchasers. LOL. I do miss the lightning storms we had in Colorado but we get some pretty good lightning here too. Love the bunny cake!

Donna, you're such a good mommy to Ditto. I'm sure she appreciates that you are doing everything you can for her without putting her through too much trauma. My kitty is my baby too. I love that your son still wanted to hunt for eggs! Thanks for the compliment! I'm gonna try to leave my avi alone for a bit. Yay for a new Cricut!

Anna, I'm glad to hear your parents are doing better and so glad your mom didn't break anything when she fell. Still sending warm thoughts to you and your family. Your PL layouts look great!!

Katy, welcome back!!! Congrats on 20 years- that's awesome! Enjoy your kindle! I love my paperwhite.

Stephanie, welcome back too! Glad you had a good trip to Hamburg. The easter dinner sounds like fun! I bet your mom is super excited to come visit as well. Do you already have things planned to do while she's there?

My new silhouette cameo from hsn should be here tomorrow. It was supposed to be here this past Friday but they had the wrong zip code on my order. Hubs keeps telling me he's going to make me wait until my birthday to use it but I'd really like to see him try. LOL!

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to Vae

Morning Ladies!!!

Good morning Jarvae, Glad to hear you are feeling better. That was alot of driving..er....riding!! I love the "adventure" in your storm chasing!!! Would love to do that myself! We're having a snow squall right now and the sun is trying to shine through PINK clouds...strange! It really looks pretty though!
Cleaning house today!! OH YAY! Yesterday's adventure was a good one...enjoyed myself and enjoyed having lunch in a lil ole diner, HAD to have their Cheeseburger Club...with fries!!!

OK Off to clean the kitchen!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Here is the link for the new April thread:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/235/t...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

See ya in April

Page 9 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics