Page 3 of 46 
Username Post: New round of Secret Sisters April~June (closed for this round)        (Topic#1585803)
RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Tina scraps

Spent the evening watching a great film 'Red' with Neil, and chopping up bits of paper on my new GREAT guillotine that I got when it was on special offer from here, and Pink sent it on to me. Its the one that you never need to change blades - it sharpens itself each time.

So far so good - but I'll let you know after a thousand cuts or so!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to RachelUK

The way you make pages, that won't be any time at all Rachel!!

We had some a few minutes of terrible weather yesterday. It swept through here for about 20 minutes. We had strong winds, rain, and hail. I fared rather well but so many weren't as lucky. A huge tree fell on 3 cars at John's apartment. The news was full of trees falling on houses, roofs being ripped off, etc. Thousands lost power. My sister didn't have power until 8pm. Michelle was here and we were playing cards with our flashlights ready but fortunately we never had to use them. John was out running errands when it started unexpectedly and he said stop lights were out all over town. It came through at 55 mph but thankfully only lasted a short time. I only had a huge branch from a tree in the driveway which Michelle helped me drag out. It was pretty intense for awhile there.

Here's a picture of Brooke with her first blue ribbon

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Deb-doodle

Good morning ladies and happy monday. I disappeared from sb.com for a few days and became a grandma!! We got the call at 11:45 Wed. night that ddil was in labor and in the hospital. Things were moving slow so we decided to wait and drive the 4 hours after ds3 left at 4am for his school trip to DC, Phil, and NY. Things sped up at 1:30 am and she ended up having Oliver Tate at 2:18 am on 3/21-Thursday. We got there about 8am. He is precious!!!!! Dh and i stayed until Sunday afternoon visiting off and on. We couldn't get enough of him and cried on the way home. We hope to take DS3 to visit him soon.

Tina I think it is great you decided to get a band.
Deb I saw the news and had been wondering if the weather hit you. Great to hear you are well.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to thinkpink22

It's been a while since I've done more than yap here. I'd like to play again.

Edited by tinadn on 03-25-13 06:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

Congrats Tina!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Good morning ladies and happy monday. I disappeared from sb.com for a few days and became a grandma!! We got the call at 11:45 Wed. night that ddil was in labor and in the hospital. Things were moving slow so we decided to wait and drive the 4 hours after ds3 left at 4am for his school trip to DC, Phil, and NY. Things sped up at 1:30 am and she ended up having Oliver Tate at 2:18 am on 3/21-Thursday. We got there about 8am. He is precious!!!!! Dh and i stayed until Sunday afternoon visiting off and on. We couldn't get enough of him and cried on the way home. We hope to take DS3 to visit him soon.

Tina I think it is great you decided to get a band.
Deb I saw the news and had been wondering if the weather hit you. Great to hear you are well.

Oh Tina! That is WONDERFUL news I am so happy for you. I do have one question for you... Where are the pictures?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to TrishaLouise

DH took the camera to work so when he returns you will find them here:)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

My grandson By Tinadn

Here he is!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Gpa, Gma and our grandson By Tinadn

jwilliams74
Resident
jwilliams74
In response to tinadn

PRECIOUS!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
My grandson By Tinadn

Here he is!

Awww.... What a beautiful baby. Congrats Tina

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Tina, how is your DIL feeling?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

She is doing well. Trying to adjust to breastfeeding. My son goes back to work tomorrow so hopefully she is caught up on sleep. I cannot express in words how it feels to be a grandparent.
I miss him so much already!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

I have to giggle - darned if one of Jason's friends didn't buy him one of the stereo accessories he put on the registry! lol

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

oh well, I got a "shower", let him get something too

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to parisdame

• parisdame Said:
  • babigirl Said:
So have some good news I will get one financial aide so I will be able to go back to school very excited.

Great news! Congrats!

Thanks

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Awesome layout tina

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Tina N he is so adorable.

Tina M i had to giggle to but nice that he got it

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• Tina scraps Said:
oh well, I got a "shower", let him get something too

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

thanks Shatema

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Drayia

• Drayia Said:
I am pretty sure I sent my survey Kimberly, let me know if I did not please

No survey shana so please send...thanks!!!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Beautiful baby Tina and your grandparent photo was just fabulous!!!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

Here are cards 8-17 for March I am quite determined to complete Victoria's 20/20 challenge this month!

Happy Mother's Day By Scrapbrarian

New Home congrats By Scrapbrarian

Any occasion washi tape card By Scrapbrarian

Happy Birthday By Scrapbrarian

birthday pennant cards By Scrapbrarian

any occasion card By Scrapbrarian

cupcake cards By Scrapbrarian

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Rosita Said:
Tina, I'd wait to see how many pictures that you want to scrap. My initial thoughts are a mini album for the bridal shower and a 12 x 12 for a wedding album. And have you thought of using some of those odd sized page protectors to go in between the 12x12 pages. It makes for nice little surprises.

Rosita, that's probably the best idea, to wait on the wedding ones. When you say the odd-shaped ones, do you mean the ones that have assorted size pockets in the 12x12 protector? That would be a fun idea. I did order some 12x12 protectors that held additional 4x6 photos, figuring I wouldn't want to scrap every photo, but may want them included.

Excellent idea Tina!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Aw Debs - I love reading about you and John - your happiness shines right through.

It does shine through doesn't it! John is such a sweetheart, perfect for Deb who is a sweetheart too!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Spent the evening watching a great film 'Red' with Neil, and chopping up bits of paper on my new GREAT guillotine that I got when it was on special offer from here, and Pink sent it on to me. Its the one that you never need to change blades - it sharpens itself each time.

I got that Pro-Cision trimmer back in December and I L-O-V-E it!!!!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Deb-doodle Said:
The way you make pages, that won't be any time at all Rachel!!

We had some a few minutes of terrible weather yesterday. It swept through here for about 20 minutes. We had strong winds, rain, and hail. I fared rather well but so many weren't as lucky. A huge tree fell on 3 cars at John's apartment. The news was full of trees falling on houses, roofs being ripped off, etc. Thousands lost power. My sister didn't have power until 8pm. Michelle was here and we were playing cards with our flashlights ready but fortunately we never had to use them. John was out running errands when it started unexpectedly and he said stop lights were out all over town. It came through at 55 mph but thankfully only lasted a short time. I only had a huge branch from a tree in the driveway which Michelle helped me drag out. It was pretty intense for awhile there.

Here's a picture of Brooke with her first blue ribbon

Her artwork is awesome!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
My grandson By Tinadn

Here he is!

Babies are a blessing! And he is beautiful! Congratulations Grandma! Will you be Grandma, Granny, Grams, GG, Oma?

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• Tina scraps Said:
I have to giggle - darned if one of Jason's friends didn't buy him one of the stereo accessories he put on the registry! lol

Good for him.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
She is doing well. Trying to adjust to breastfeeding. My son goes back to work tomorrow so hopefully she is caught up on sleep. I cannot express in words how it feels to be a grandparent.
I miss him so much already!

Tina as I said in the other thread you and your dh look so happy. Will you get to visit often?

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to scrapbrarian

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

I got the Fiskars Guillotine Paper Trimmer back in December (too) and I love it. I still use my Cutterpede for the smaller cuts at my table all the time.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Sassy Suzi

Rebecca those cards are so nice

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Rebecca love your cads and want to lift a couple of them.

Deb you Brookie is adorable and has grown so much. I have to admit after meeting John he is so perfect for you. I guess you two are like peas and carrots. lol

Tina - that is such a great poem and so nice that your friend wrote that for you.

BBQ - we use our grill every time we cook at home, year round. It is on the back porch and right beside the back door for a quick run out to flip. Dennis and I were talking today on the way back from the doctor's office that maybe that is why his arteries are all clear for we use the grill and hardly ever fried anything. That's saying a lot being from the south.

I am excited about participating this round and there were so many wonderful packages in the current round.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Congratulations Tina he is so cute and precious

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Rebecca love your cads and want to lift a couple of them.

Deb you Brookie is adorable and has grown so much. I have to admit after meeting John he is so perfect for you. I guess you two are like peas and carrots. lol

Tina - that is such a great poem and so nice that your friend wrote that for you.

BBQ - we use our grill every time we cook at home, year round. It is on the back porch and right beside the back door for a quick run out to flip. Dennis and I were talking today on the way back from the doctor's office that maybe that is why his arteries are all clear for we use the grill and hardly ever fried anything. That's saying a lot being from the south.

I am excited about participating this round and there were so many wonderful packages in the current round.

That's true isn't it Suzi. And I suppose I'm the carrot??? LOL!!!

Grilling is so much better for you!! I never fry anything anymore either. Although I did saute some french green beans in olive oil last night, then added a little soy sauce. Yummy.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• Tina scraps Said:

I feel like singing 'thats what friends are for'!!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • RachelUK Said:

I'm a-lovin it too! I chopped up lots of cards and pages for my PL album last night, while sitting watching TV (the new show called 'Boss' with Kelsey Grammar) and although it would probably work even better on a flat surface, it wasnt bad on my knees either!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

This month I've been resting my scrappy brain after the LOAD challenge in Feb, but just keeping up with my PL pages.

However, with all the excitement of getting to know Neil's 'new' grandchildren, I had to scrap a page for Jasmine, who is just 3.

Princess Chopsticks By RachelUK

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Am I too late to join this month? I have been offered some persuasive reasons why I should do so, so I'll send in my survey and hope I'm not too late!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to babigirl

I see Tinadn isnt on the front page list yet - I thought the New Grandma was planning to take part?

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to RachelUK

Jci
I.think I sent mine if not let me know will find time to get on computer cell only does so much haha

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to mommie75

Need yours too Jennifer. I will add Tina and Rachel to page 1now

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

I have added both you and Tina! I'll need the persuasive arguments so I know what to say in the future to get you back

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Need surveys from
Imelda, Sandra, and Jennifer)

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Hi everyone!
Congrats on the baby Tina!!
I have to stay away from them or I might just decide to have another. Lol!!

Pink- ill try to send you my survey by tonight. Sorry it's taken me so long.

This weekend was dd's bday party. We have almost her entire class over. They had fun! I also met the boy in her class who wants to marry her. Lol. His mom told me. Soo cute!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to littleMRSimelda

Better watch dd, she'll be breaking hearts all over town!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• scrapbrarian Said:
  • tinadn Said:
My grandson By Tinadn

Here he is!

Babies are a blessing! And he is beautiful! Congratulations Grandma! Will you be Grandma, Granny, Grams, GG, Oma?

right now we are calling ourselves Grandpa and Grandma but we will answer anyway he decides

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to tinadn

I hate it when you wake up but feel you could go back to sleep for another week. I went to the Dr. this morning and have a sinus and ear infection
The cough medicine she gave me knocks me out!

I wanted to say “Thank you” to Pam for being such an AWESOME big sister last round. She spoiled me rotten.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

dress form pincushions By Andrea M

I made these dress form pincushions last week.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

hope your day is full of wonder By Andrea M

Here is a card that took me all weekend to finish.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
  • tinadn Said:
My grandson By Tinadn

Here he is!

right now we are calling ourselves Grandpa and Grandma but we will answer anyway he decides

love this answer.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

• TrishaLouise Said:
I hate it when you wake up but feel you could go back to sleep for another week. I went to the Dr. this morning and have a sinus and ear infection

I wanted to say “Thank you” to Pam for being such an AWESOME big sister last round. She spoiled me rotten.

ugh sorry your sick. get lots of rest.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to andrea m

Isabella used to call me mum-mum which was so cute. I like that better than now when she calls me Grandma!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:

These are super cute!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

• TrishaLouise Said:

Rest and get better soon!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• scrapbrarian Said:

could be worse - she could be throwing french fries

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

or nana (what I called paternal grandmother) or meme (what I called maternal grandmother, it's french)

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• Tina scraps Said:
  • Rosita Said:
Tina, I'd wait to see how many pictures that you want to scrap. My initial thoughts are a mini album for the bridal shower and a 12 x 12 for a wedding album. And have you thought of using some of those odd sized page protectors to go in between the 12x12 pages. It makes for nice little surprises.

Rosita, that's probably the best idea, to wait on the wedding ones. When you say the odd-shaped ones, do you mean the ones that have assorted size pockets in the 12x12 protector? That would be a fun idea. I did order some 12x12 protectors that held additional 4x6 photos, figuring I wouldn't want to scrap every photo, but may want them included.

I was actually thinking of the 6x12 or the ones that will hold a menu or program

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• TrishaLouise Said:

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:

these are very cute, but I just gotta ask, did anyone else see these and think 'voodoo doll'?

Edited by Rosita on 03-27-13 03:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

I'm supposed to be on vacation all this week...but worked 20 hours. Am now taking vacation time. I'll be headed over to a friend's house to work on scrapbooks soon, and then my sister is coming for a visit starting this evening. I don't know if she'll be going home Friday night or Saturday morning...

I've divided the list up between Pink and I, so I have already narrowed down the list of potential big sisters to 7. Good think I don't try to find out. Can't say the same for Pink though. I need to know who doesn't mind if their little sister knows who they are from day 1?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:
  • tinadn Said:
My grandson By Tinadn

Here he is!

That's what I wanted Shane to do. He couldn't say Grandma so he never had a name for me. Bruce wanted to be called Papa and Shane could say that. One night we were leaving Disney and Shane was in his stroller just babbling away when he turned to look at me and said, 'Nana'. I stopped right there!! "Am I Nana?". Shane laughed and said, "Naanaa." We were both so happy he had a name for me. As we continued walking to the car he would suddenly start laughing, turn around and point at me and say, "Nana". It was darling!!

About 3 or 4 months later he suddenly changed it to Nina and I've been Nina ever since. I always wanted them to call me what they wanted to so that's how I became a Nina.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I'm supposed to be on vacation all this week...but worked 20 hours. Am now taking vacation time. I'll be headed over to a friend's house to work on scrapbooks soon, and then my sister is coming for a visit starting this evening. I don't know if she'll be going home Friday night or Saturday morning...

I've divided the list up between Pink and I, so I have already narrowed down the list of potential big sisters to 7. Good think I don't try to find out. Can't say the same for Pink though. I need to know who doesn't mind if their little sister knows who they are from day 1?

What happened to that trip to Orlando you were going to take during Alex's spring break?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

a $1,097 car repair on the Intrepid, $420 set of tires for the Rio, and $350 of dental work happened. :S

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

• Tina scraps Said:
  • scrapbrarian Said:

could be worse - she could be throwing french fries

Lol.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

Andrea - those dress forms are adorable!! How did u make those?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
a $1,097 car repair on the Intrepid, $420 set of tires for the Rio, and $350 of dental work happened. :S

Ouch!!!!!That's a bummer. I was looking forward to your visit and meeting Alex.

Delaina might be making the trip after April 3rd.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 03-27-13 04:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Rosita

Andrea, love the new projects!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

I don't mind I prefer to mail things through my po so I can add my own touches.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • andrea m Said:

these are very cute, but I just gotta ask, did anyone else see these and think 'voodoo doll'?

LOL to funny thats what dh said too.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

• littleMRSimelda Said:
Andrea - those dress forms are adorable!! How did u make those?

I got a pettern from the diydish.com. there is also a you tube video that shows you how. They are really easy.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to andrea m

Sorry Imelda, I just can't get the throwing french fries story out of my head lol

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:

OUCH...That had to hurt.[/color
Just reading about it hurt!

Rosita & Pink: I do not care either way. I am easy

I don't know if anyone is interested but Maya Road is looking for a couple of guest designers.

Maya Road

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I like my secret sis to be secret, so keep mine under your hat!

Deb - I love the Nina! Thats just cute!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
  • andrea m Said:

I just got creepy in general but love it

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

I like the secreat thing to think its more fun that way. But either way is fine with me too.

Rosita theay def hurt that' alot of money

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to babigirl

Well today has been just one of those days... We are doing Death and Dying right now and it just really hits home about my Alex.. My boys came home from school today upset and everything because some kid who does not know all the details about Alex's death went and shot his mouth off to his class about what happened to my son.. My 10 year old lost it on the kid who is like 3 times the size of him and told this kid to shut his mouth or else... Like I said it's been a day very depressing at that all I want to do is go somewhere and cry

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 03-27-13 11:45 AM
In response to Charisma3103

Hugs to you Janie......

amabear62
Resident
amabear62
In response to vawm

Janie,
Hugs and prayers your way!!!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to amabear62

Janie. Kids can be so cruel.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to amabear62

Thats so hard Janie. I think the best thing for you and your guys is to have a special moment together - light a candle, hold hands, group hug, remember your favourite memory - all those sorts of things.

My mil lost a baby around 50 years ago - a little girl born at home, but prem. She was due at Christmas and every year we have a white candle burning on Christmas Day, and always mention the Stephanie that was Neil's sister. Its respectful and loving and good for all of us.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to amabear62

I'm so sorry Janie!!! Hugs from me too.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

hugs Janie

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I'm so sorry Janie.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to tinadn

Sorry it's been a rough day for you all Janie.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian

So is it okay if I toot my horn a little bit here? My library won a huge National Award which was announced today. I am so proud of my staff, my Board and our Friends group!! Here's a link to the article.

http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/03/awards/librar yawar...

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

janie hugs sorry you had such a rotten day. just hug your kids close.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

rebecca congrats you should be proud.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Rosita

Hugs Janie

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Congrats Rebecca

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to babigirl

Sending you some hugs Janie.

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Nice article Rebecca, but I never found you in the photos, you would have made them so much better with your pretty face.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

Thank you ladies I appreciate the support Next weekend will be really hard it would have been Alex's 21st birthday..

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Charisma3103

Janie keep ur chin up kids are so mean to each other it will to will pass

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• scrapbrarian Said:
So is it okay if I toot my horn a little bit here? My library won a huge National Award which was announced today. I am so proud of my staff, my Board and our Friends group!! Here's a link to the article.

http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/03/awards/librar yawar...

That's so awesome Rebecca!!! Great article too, but where's our favorite sexy librarian in the photo?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Rosita

Congratulations Rebecca!

I know you did a lot of hard work which earned your library that award!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Rosita

Congrats Rebecca!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to tinadn

yay Rebecca!

I hate when you order an item and the product looks nothing like the packaging! One of my friends bought us the dishes I really wanted, and the plates are not at all colored the way the picture shows. Not only are the plates much darker than pictured, but the picture makes them look distinctly two-toned, and the plates look all one color! fooey. We'll be taking those stinkers back to Bed Bath and Beyond.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Tina I hate it when that happens too when i order something and it's nothing like i expected it to be

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to babigirl

Congratulations Rebecca!

Tina: I hate that too. I have came to the conclusion if I have not see it in person then I shouldn't order it on line.

Page 3 of 46 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics