Username Post: Graphic 45 Paper...any fans?        (Topic#1586015)
The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

I'm a big fan of Graphic 45.

I'm not a heavy lumpy, bumpy scrapper, but love the vintage look. I pick up a LOT of packs (25 sheets of the same paper) from Tues Morning, so I've been pinning a lot of layouts, tags and cards made with that paper in my Scrapbook Vintage Layouts board and my Scrapbook Vintage School Layout board.

My faves are:
ABC Primer
Birdsong
On the Boardwalk
Le Cirque

This past week, I picked up 6 packs of Le Cirque so Scrapbook.com gallery has come in handy with layouts to pin using that paper. Here's the link:
Scrapbook Graphic 45 Le Cirque Layouts

Help me think outside the box for layouts using that paper.

Circus
Clowning Around
Facepainting
Family Circus

Any more ideas?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

I saw that at Tuesday Morning too. I didn't buy any, because I could NOT think of ONE thing I would use it for, let alone a whole pack!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I absolutely LOVE Graphic 45.

It's actually my all-time favorite paper & the one I tend to hold onto until I have the perfect project in mind!

My faves are:
Steampunk Debutante
Domestic Goddess
Renaissance Faire
A Proper Gentleman
Curtain Call
The Magic of Oz
On the Boardwalk
Le Cirque

Wish List:

ABC Primer
Little Darlings
Bird Song
Tropical Travelogue
Olde Curiosity Shoppe

Purchasing:

French Country
Secret Garden
Place in Time
Products Referenced in This Post:

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

6 packs of Le Cirque is a lot of paper. Any other collection & I'd be over the moon with that much paper!!

Lots of mini albums, cards, tags & altered projects is what first comes to mind.

Good Luck!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

I think the packs at Tuesday Morning are NOT the entire collection. It's 25 sheets of the SAME paper.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I think the packs at Tuesday Morning are NOT the entire collection. It's 25 sheets of the SAME paper.

That is why I did not pick any up either.

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama

I have maybe 20 packs like that from TM. I LOVE it and I can be generous in gifting it because it's so cheap. Of course it's the discontinued collections, but who cares, it's classic.

My mother-in-law thinks I'm so nice to be giving her such awesome paper. RAK IT.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 03-13-13 04:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• prittb Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

That is why I did not pick any up either.

Well, with that tidbit in mind, that just makes things all the more challenging! IMHO.

OK, now I'm curious...which piece?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I bought a 25 piece pack like that before. It was polka dotted & rustic brown on the other side. I think it was $2 or $3 at Marshall's.

Not only did it take me all of forever to use it, but I came to regret purchasing that much of that particular paper. Or at least all at once.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to KellyCali

wish I had a tuesday Morning I love G 45 just bought the whole Secret Garden and want the French

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-13-13 05:07 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

I wish I had a Tuesday Morning, too!!

I adore the Tropical Travelogue collection, I bought most of it when it came out. Still haven't used it, but one of these days I WILL get to my Hawaii pages.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to stick

For the longest time, Basic Grey was my all time favorite paper line, but in the last year or so, Graphic 45 has taken over that spot. I love most of it so much, I would happily take 25 or more sheets of the same design at Tuesday Morning's prices. I've been trying to find time in my schedule to get by the Tuesday Morning near my job to see if I can score.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to stick

Each pack I buy is 3.99, so with tax, that is 4.28 and comes to 17 cents per sheet.

Yes, 25 of all the same paper, double sided. I only buy the ones that have generic backsides (side b) or the tags. I cannot tell you how many I have gifted to people at crops and retreats...pretty nice goody bag gifts at a fraction of the cost.

I also use them for trading. I take a rolling cart with my collection of Graphic 45 and American Crafts paper I by like that from Tues Morning and trade for solids when I need them at retreats. A lot of the collections on the b side coordinate with the other papers.

When Archiver's has BOGO, I fill in with some of the papers I love from G45. I also walk around the store and coordinate, giving me a new collection for a layout.

My friends are thrilled and I'm thrilled.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to stick

• stick Said:
I wish I had a Tuesday Morning, too!!

I adore the Tropical Travelogue collection, I bought most of it when it came out. Still haven't used it, but one of these days I WILL get to my Hawaii pages.

You may not be missing much. I've been to 3 Tuesday Mornings in the Bay Area, and none have much to offer for scrapbookers. I did come across an awesome (albeit ugly) 3-ring American Crafts album for $5. I use it for my layouts-in-progress.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

We have at least 7 in our area and, for the most part, we have quite a nice selection of scrapbooking goodies. I buy Xyron refills for less than I can get them at Ms or ACM with a coupon. Yes, it is hit or miss, sometimes, but I'm on several SBing yahoo groups becase of the crops/retreats I attend and we each give a shout out when we see something others will like.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-13-13 09:18 PM

Jen - where in the world are TM's in the Bay Area?

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to stick

7 stores - wow. I have 2 that I visit when possible, one is only 10 minutes away and I sometimes use my lunch hour to go there, the other is just over 30 minutes away. Luckily the one closer to me often has good things (of course just as often it doesn't - I think you have to get lucky and get there soon after items come in).

I too have managed to pick up about 20 packs of G45 or other double sided papers over the past year. I don't mind 25 of the same paper. As mentioned the back sides often tend to be somewhat generic and can be used elsewhere. Plus I make lots of cards for donating so I can use things easily that way and there's always the option of giving it to my sister who is a girl scout leader if I should grow tired of it.

I keep hoping the Tropical Travelogue collection shows up but so far no luck. I'm also on the lookout for Halloween in Wonderland since I saw the borders just last week.

Oddly I wasn't really a fan of G45 before this.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to disneylisa

Thank you, DisneyLisa for making me feel like I'm not the only one!

We just moved in Nov, so I'm am now 15 mins away from my closest one, where I was only 5 mins away before....where I could pop in more often.

I'm going to a couple of different ones this weekend to see if there is something I missed.

Diva

What a great deal! I love the G45 paper and designs. Good for you! Whata lucky lady!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to bayamonesa1

I thought about gifting it too, but the designs were not my style at all. I couldn't think of how/when I'd use one sheet.

Jen is correct. Those of you wishing for Tuesday Morning would likely be disappointed. It is VERY hit and miss.
The bigger store nearest me is AWFUL! It's disorganized, dirty, merchandise EVERYWHERE, on the floor, in the aisles...

There's one close to me, so I stop in about once a week. RARELY do I find something awesome that I must have.

My last great purchase there was a valance for the kitchen window for $3.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

Well, with that tidbit in mind, that just makes things all the more challenging! IMHO.

I think they were from Curtain Call and/or cir-something (??)--the circus one.

There were several different designs.

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have two near me, one is awesome, and I find a lot of scrapbooking goodies there, the other is a mess and hardly ever has anything to offer good.

Some of the G45 that I purchased in packs of 25, I will have no problem using, A Proper Gentleman for example, houndstooth, pinstripe, plaid, just gorgeous man pages. Steampunk...It might take a while but I will use most of it. And like I mentioned, I've already given away....I'm guessing here 50 or so sheets. Makes a great scrap gift.

The thing about G45, is that a number of the collections work together very well. You can use every tiny little scrap of it. That is one thing I like about it. I can't turn down 17 cents per sheet. Are you kidding?

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love Tropical Traveloque, I bought lots of it from here when it first came out and then I bought a few more of my favorite sheets, but I had a tropical vacation to scrap.

I like the French collection, but I sadly I have no plans to travel to France anytime soon. I love their papers, but only the ones that fit themes I'm actually scrapping. Although some of the very specific ones have more general patterns on the back that I can use for different themes.

I never heard of that Tuesday store, I buy almost all my scrappy stuff here.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to boysmom

Graphic 45 is not for everyone. I love American Crafts paper, too...two totally different design and color ranges.

A Proper Gentleman is one of the nicest collections for men.

The combination on their B sides of black and creamy beige are fantastic for formal pages and most collections are excellent for vintage/heritage layouts (of which I have several albums worth to create). So, for me...it's a steal.

As for Tuesday Morning, I've bought all my linens there for years and when they have their 50% off clearance on their linens twice a year, I rack up. I keep a couple of packages of sheet sets for wedding gifts in the closet in white or beige.

I buy children's books for Christmas Angel tree gifts there. They have amazing prices and adorable books. I buy kitchen items from time to time on clearance...and tablecloths. I keep table sizes of each of our children's families and grab those on clearance, along with paper cocktail napkins for different holiday parties.

I'm a frugal shopper and don't mind digging to find the bargains. It's not for everyone.

Oh, and we only have two of our 7 or 8 that are dirty and dingy...I just whisk in those and check to see if they have what I'm looking for and out to the next one.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • KellyCali Said:

I think they were from Curtain Call and/or cir-something (??)--the circus one.

There were several different designs.

Thanks!

And thanks for the Tuesday Morning review. We have one here, but in 4 years, I've still yet to step foot inside one of their stores. Eventually, I may go, but for now I'm okay.

I originally purchased the entire Curtain Call pack. Here's what I made with it (see below).

I think I kept the Charlie Chapman pages, as well as the Western page & the Eiffel Tower & donated the rest of the pages & pieces to a friend.

{Graphic 45 Gypsy Curtain Call} By KellyCali

{Gypsy Curtain Call - inside} By KellyCali

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Beautiful work, Kelly. I have a friend who paper crafts, other than scrapbooking. I envy the talent. I do well to keep up with my scrapbooking for my family (I scrapbook for my adult chilren's families, too).

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• The Biscuit Scraps Said:
Beautiful work, Kelly. I have a friend who paper crafts, other than scrapbooking. I envy the talent. I do well to keep up with my scrapbooking for my family (I scrapbook for my adult chilren's families, too).

Thank You Carol.

I admire the fact that you are able to keep up-to-date with your pages & albums! Truly.

I sometimes think I dream about ideas & organize my supplies 75-80 percent of the time & only sit down & actually scrap my pages 25 percent of the time. lol.

I average about 5-10 pages each month...which by the end of the year isn't really too bad I suppose.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

I sometimes think I dream about ideas & organize my supplies 75-80 percent of the time & only sit down & actually scrap my pages 25 percent of the time. lol.

LOL This is one of my favorite quotes about hobbies:
"I like to think about making things. Sometimes I actually make things." Melissa (AKA Tensionissues)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from shopping here. Scrapbook.com has the BEST selection and service!

Tuesday Morning carries a LOT of different items. As Carol pointed out, it has a great selection of linens and housewares.

If anyone is interested in Tuesday Morning, it has a website and store locator. There are stores all over the country.
boysmom -there ARE stores in New Jersey.

It's worth checking out, but keep your expectations low.
Some stores are MUCH better than others.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

In case anyone wonders, I do NOT work for Tuesday Morning!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

Gotcha.

As is the case with most stores (ie. Big Lots, Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, M's, J's, etc!)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • Bxr-Linda Said:

Gotcha.

As is the case with most stores (ie. Big Lots, Ross, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, M's, J's, etc!)

EXACTLY!
It is VERY much like Ross, TJ Maxx... hit and miss.

Just a random thought... anyone else find that Big Lots carries more off-brand junk than it did a few years ago?

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

Just a random thought... anyone else find that Big Lots carries more off-brand junk than it did a few years ago?

It's not even worth my gas to stop by there anymore. I used to pick up Bazzill there, but no more. They also used to have a nice selection of wood block stamps, but I haven't bought anything like that in years.

2 years ago, I did buy some great collections at TJM and Marshall's...Dear Lizzy and a couple of other collections from AC for 6 dollars each. Those were the full collections, not 25 of the same sheet.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

I've shopped the scrapbooking section of 3 different Big Lots in the area during Dec-Mar.

Not only have I noticed that their store prices have went up as a whole, but after 3 consecutive months of return visits, all that I've walked away with is...a couple pieces of Colorbok glitter paper (pink, green, orange & blue), a Love Elsie - {i love art} - chipboard tag & some Cinnamon (pink) & Stroll (aqua) Thickers @ $1.00 a piece (which I happen to love!)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to KellyCali

Our local Big Lots basically discontinued its scrapbook section. The store was recently rearranged, and it carries virtually NO craft stuff.

I used to find all sorts of name-brand stuff there, sunscreen, cosmetics, shampoo, etc. Not anymore.
Oh well...

I was at Tuesday Morning again today. It has a number of different Graphic 45 papers. Christmas, halloween, Oz,...

I did buy a pack of Christmas papers -- Joyous Noel. One side is a cream/black stripe, so I figured I could use it. (darn peer pressure ) At $3.99 (no sales tax here), it's $0.16 a sheet. Not too shabby.

I also noticed that some packs were $5.99 for 25 sheets. Not sure why.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Bxr-Linda

Oh I love Graphic 45 paper I have never seen it at Tuesday Mornings though. I really like the place in time one and I am looking forward to purchasing that one soon.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to thehappyscrapper8

• thehappyscrapper8 Said:
Oh I love Graphic 45 paper I have never seen it at Tuesday Mornings though. I really like the place in time one and I am looking forward to purchasing that one soon.

I think this is a fairly new shipment. If you're interested, I'd suggest checking it out soon.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I was at Tuesday Morning again today. It has a number of different Graphic 45 papers. Christmas, halloween, Oz,...

I did buy a pack of Christmas papers -- Joyous Noel. One side is a cream/black stripe, so I figured I could use it. (darn peer pressure ) At $3.99 (no sales tax here), it's $0.16 a sheet. Not too shabby.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Well, guess where I plan on heading this weekend?...

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

DH is going to Greensboro tomorrow. There are 4 TMs on the way. Guess who is traveling with him.

Edited by The Biscuit Scraps on 03-14-13 01:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

We have a Tuesday Morning in Ocala - have been in it a few times - not worth the 10 minute drive. They don't have much of anything crafty and its crowded and junky to me. Very disorganized.

I went into the one in the Villages yesterday and I will not go back. Not worth parking and getting out of the car.

The people in Oklahoma talk about how good their Tuesday Morning is. I wish we had a good one!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
We have a Tuesday Morning in Ocala - have been in it a few times - not worth the 10 minute drive. They don't have much of anything crafty and its crowded and junky to me. Very disorganized.

I went into the one in the Villages yesterday and I will not go back. Not worth parking and getting out of the car.

The people in Oklahoma talk about how good their Tuesday Morning is. I wish we had a good one!

I think the nice/clean/organized stores are the exception, rather than the rule.

At least among the stores here.
I ALWAYS compliment the employees at my local store, tell them how awesome their store is, compared to the others nearby.

And, to further enable, Tuesday Morning has an item locator service. With their SKU number, you can call an 800 number, and find out what stores have that item in stock.

Edited by Bxr-Linda on 03-14-13 02:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Bxr-Linda

The Tuesday Morning I've been in here in OKC is okay, it's a little junky and the product is real hit or miss, sometimes you can find great stuff, other times nothing. But the Tuesday Morning I used to shop in back home in Katy (suburb of Houston) was awesome! It was a huge store, very clean and well organized, bright and always had a great selection in every department. Man, I miss that store! Unfortunately, I think the majority of the stores across the country are probably more like the one here in OKC, small, disorganized, kinda junky, take your chances.

Melissa*H
Veteran
Melissa*H
In response to chocolateaxel

Wow...I've never heard of this store. I went to their store locator and there is one 6 miles from my house! Of course I will be running there tomorrow, I loooove Graphic 45 and will be thrilled if they have some of it there.

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to Melissa*H

Well, I guess I am lucky to have one good one near me. It must have to do with the store managers. I don't know but the one that is a mess and never has much is in the same shopping area as a Hobby Lobby. This may mean one of two things, they don't stock much craft stuff in the first place because of HL - or - it gets picked over and cleaned out faster because of being near a HL and a Big Lots is there too. I don't see much at BL that I like. Don't know which it is but there is an enormous difference in the two stores. My last visit there I got a bunch of On the Boardwalk, Steampunk Debutante, Halloween in Wonderland and Le Cirque. Some of it is tags! I also got some Petaloo and some WOW fine glitter. A pretty amazing haul. I also got a LARGE stamp set by Prima that creates swirls. But then next time there might not be anything new that I really want.

I think you should try visit on Wednesday or Thursday. They get their trucks in on Tuesday...thus the name.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

LOL This is one of my favorite quotes about hobbies:
"I like to think about making things. Sometimes I actually make things." Melissa (AKA Tensionissues)

geez I read this as "favorite quote about HUBBIES " and thought - OMG this is SOOOOOOOOOO TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!

Expert
In response to Bxr-Linda

I bought some at Tuesday morning too. I will use it eventually or give it away. Figuring that I usually buy 3 or 4 of a pattern anyway, at regular prices ...about the same price for 25. So I can afford to be generous.
I picked up some plain cardstock sheets..(not graphic 45) ..in TM quite a while ago. Ended up using them in a gift album. Those I got 25 for 1.99!! That was a huge savings.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

2 years ago, I did buy some great collections at TJM and Marshall's...Dear Lizzy and a couple of other collections from AC for 6 dollars each. Those were the full collections, not 25 of the same sheet.

that's what our marshall's is selling - AC mostly, some spellbinders, some MME - looooove their MME paper lots, packs of 50 sheets for 12-15 bucks - different designs, not the same sheet. Fancy pants older lines sometimes. good stuff..

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to OlesyaK.

Our Marshall's is selling a lot of MME embellishment packs. I think they are either $3.00 or $5.00 each.

They also have lots of creme colored paper punches. Various shapes & sizes.

Thin 12x12 albums. And the rest of the items in that section seem to be french/Paris-inspired organizational items, with a couple of dress forms thrown into the mix.

It's all very hit or miss.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love graphic 45. This past weekend I bought 2 sheets of all the French Country designs.

My other favorites are Authentique and Little Yellow Bicycle.

Edited by dotfree on 03-15-13 11:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to dotfree

Just returned from a shopping spree to 4 different TMs and picked up 5 packs.
The Magic of Oz: Wicked
Le Cirque: Tags (I'm thrilled! I'll make tons of childrens tags for gifts and cards)
Curtain Call: Pantomime (for the B side)
Curtain Call: Leading Ladies (for the B side)
Christmas Past: Visions of Sugarplums (for tons of Christmas tags)

I'll be using a lot of my B sides for background pages for my DD's wedding album...so classic in black and creamy beige. The rest for Heritage albums. I won't have to scrimp and save and ravage my paper....it will all be sitting there waiting to be used.

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama

Well I went to HL today just to get away from spring cleaning this week. I went into the TM that I normally don't like. Guess what? It was cleaned up, much neater and they did have some G45 today. I think the store manager matters.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
Well I went to HL today just to get away from spring cleaning this week. I went into the TM that I normally don't like. Guess what? It was cleaned up, much neater and they did have some G45 today. I think the store manager matters.

I think this is absolutely the case.

When I've complimented my store (and in turn complained about the others), I was told that the messy store's excuse is that they want to get the merchandise on the shelves quicker.

Okaaaayyy..... by throwing it in random places!?

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to Bxr-Linda

LOL YEAH. Sometimes that store seems like they have one person there. It's really bad. But maybe this one is under new management. Hopefully that is the case.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Jen - where in the world are TM's in the Bay Area?

Pleasant Hill, Moraga. and Walnut Creek. I think Concord and Berkeley also have TM's. I just popped over to the locator (I couldn't remember the 3rd store I visited), and there are quite a few in the Bay Area now.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-15-13 07:18 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

Cool, thanks, Jen! I'll check out the store locater (my browser wasn't allowing access to google search yesterday, no idea why). ... Not that I cross bridges very often, lol.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
6 packs of Le Cirque is a lot of paper. Any other collection & I'd be over the moon with that much paper!!

Lots of mini albums, cards, tags & altered projects is what first comes to mind.

Good Luck!

That is funny. I bought 6 packs of Le Cirque for a friend. She makes pages kits and sells them at crops and Expos. I have never used the paper, but thought a lot of other people love it. I make 50 kits for her.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to KellyCali

We lost our Tuesday Morning to a freakin Ulta makeup store this year....

We do still have an A's, HL, and a new J's and a TJMaxx. I check the TJMaxx pretty regularly. Last week I found Thickers for $1.49 a pack. I got 9 packs. But some weeks there's nothing good, and others, there's punches for $3.99 and stamp sets for $2.99.......ya just have to keep checking back in!!!

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to ScrappyMama6

Progress toward re-establishing my scrap room (we moved in Nov and I'm just getting to the task).

All the this talk and purchasing of G45 sent me in a tail spin to make it easy to find what I want with all those paper without digging through large package of 25 sheet each.

I took a couple of old, chap albums from garage sales that I hold printed paper in (one for each holiday or event). I added posts and extra page protectors. I placed 4 sheets in each protector of each paper, than added Heritage/Vintage looking paper from other sources in the back of one of the books.

Now, all I have to do is take these two albums with me on a retreat when I am working on heritage albums.

I feel accomplished and have a big smile on my face. YAY!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Well, I'm happy to report that...

I went. I've been (for the first time ever). I conquered.

I'll be sure to take pictures.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Can't wait to hear what you bought and see it!

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

OK, KelliCali...fess up...what did you buy! This G45 fan wants to drool over your haul. ;-)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Tuesday Morning Haul By KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Sadly, there wasn't any Graphic 45 paper of any sort to be found.

Mainly, they had tons & tons of embellishment packs. However, you could literally be in there all day, because in order to sort through all of them, you'd have to take each & every one of them off of the hooks. I'd say there are about 12-20 packs on each hook & about 30-40 hooks!

I tried my best, but I ended up running out of time.

As for the actual paper, they were packed in there really tight & many were opened & busted. I still managed to see every single pack & selected the ones that I wanted from the ones that they had.

I will say...their store was extremely clean, carpeted, well-maintained & set up almost like a department store.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Other items I noticed, but didn't buy...

- Tim Holtz embossing plates, alpha grungeboard, misc Idea-ology items, baubles, metals & such

- Donna Salazar Steampunk Gentleman paper (25)

- Melody Ross brad packs

- Prima flower packs

- American Crafts ribbon packs

- 12x12 photo albums, tape runners, adhesive squares, puffy paint, glitter paint, misc punches. And honestly, I can't seem to remember anything else that struck my fancy.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

Looks like you made quite the impact into your TMs craft area! Glad you found things you can use, but sorry there was no Graphic 45.

Enjoy your new found place to shop.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

Graphic 45 is not my favorite brand (I'm more of a Bo Bunny or Fancy Pants kind of girl), but I do like certain collections a lot ...

I adore the Place in Time collection and used it to make an easel calendar for my daughter's dorm room

The Graphic 45 blog has wonderful ideas for what to do with their lines, and I used it extensively for the calendar, which came out great.

In terms of TM, maybe I've never seen a good one, or maybe I just don't have the patience for that kind of store, but I despise the TM near me and have never been in one I would want to shop in ... they are dark and insanely disorganized ... it's like shopping at a flea market ... I'm sure there are treasures to be found, but I simply don't have the patience to dig for them

Diva

Good for you!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to bayamonesa1

My box of Graphic 45 products from free shipping day arrived this morning!

I haven't opened it yet, but I am soo very excited to open it!

I know, I know...Just open it already!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

{Graphic 45 Paper Stacks} By KellyCali

Opened it!

Loving these G45 collections in this order...

- Secret Garden
- Place in Time
- French Country

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to KellyCali

YAY!!!!!

Have fun with them.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bxr-Linda

Absolutely!! I love G45 but generally any paperline I enjoy, I buy the entire collection with the exception of the card stock stickers I usually pass on those. G45 I like to buy the stack of paper in 12X12 and 8X8 and though I rarely fall in love with a collection enough to buy multiples of the whole stack (in both sizes!) I certainly am guilty of it Magic of Oz is my favorite and I have 7 packs of it, 4 of the 12" and 3 of the 8". I also got all the stamps for the collection as well. I bought all these just days apart as I seen them over the last 2 weeks.
Of course you got all the normal crafts like cards and mini albums, which it's easy to use alot of paper after making pages, fussy cutting, creating pockets and layering, plus creating photo mats and tags. Now me personally, I am indeed what you referred to as a "lumpy and bunpy" scrapper lol So to someone like me, I can also use the extra set of sheets (say I only use 1 set of the paper) to create a kit out of the extras to to sell. Basically, everything you purchase for your mini album will come in packs of multiples and usually I have stuff left over from making mine so I put together a kit(s) and list it and make a good portion of money back. Plus they're just really fun to put together! I plan in doing this with some of my Oz paper here soon an have so much neat goodies ill be adding to mine, plus I use the stamp collection to create tags etc to add.

Not G45 but I bought multiples of the Kaisercraft Needle & Threads collection as well.

G45 Favs are: Magic of Oz (of course lol), Happy Haunting, MotherGoose, and Little Darlings and so many more. But I've yet to own them all and am relatively new to the fancy online paper designers lol For so long I've stuck with the local things I could find.

~Mer~ *Newb here*

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to MyCraftyAddiction

MyCrafty:

Your title is too long on the G45 thread you started and it wouldn't let me comment!

New Kid On the Block
In response to CrimsonMama

Oh no lol typical newb eh? I will edit I figured it would cut me off if too long lol Thanks!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MyCraftyAddiction

I love Graphic 45 lines but for my scrapping style, they are very hard for me to use - just as a general rule.

There is a teal paper with fish all over it and I love it and find it easy to use. However, most of theirs are papers I drool over, bring home, and never use because I just don't know what to do with them!

I did buy some of the fish paper from Graphic 45 that I love, went back a few weeks later for more and was told by the scrapbook store owner that they discontinue faster than any other line they know of. If you find something you want to buy plenty because then usually can't reorder it - the patterns change too quickly.

So know I know - if I fall in love with a graphic 45, but it while I can.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Bxr-Linda

I just started trying out graphic 45, I bought from here a few weeks ago their secret garden stack!!! LOVE IT!!!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to mindygail

I think the colors of the Graphic 45 line just draw you in! I find myself reaching for the paper like I'm hypnotized. I buy it and take it home and it might take a very long time before I find a use for it. But I will say that the pages that I've done with Graphic 45 paper are some of my favorites!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics