Username Post: Name 3 things...        (Topic#1586269)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

(Just for fun!)

Name *3* things that are in your scrap space right now, that do NOT belong there.

Bonus - Share why in the world they are in your space in the first place.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to KellyCali

I don't really have anything too wierd but....
1) DH's birthday present
2) empty coffee cup
3) an egg carton caterpillar that my son made and painted

DH's birthday is today and I was wrapping his present here, the coffee cup is from this morning and I just haven't taken it to the kitchen yet and the caterpillar art project of my son's is because I have no idea what i'm going to do with this thing...LOL! It just kind of got dumped in here...

Alison

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to kiyawinn

1. Wine glasses that my sister was left over. She was going to come back and paint them but never did.
2. Vacuum cleaner. Well technically it should be there just plugged in and turned on but who has time for cleanup?
3. Laundry hamper. I fits perfectly under my scrap table. My scrap room is where I sort and fold laundry.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to kiyawinn

I was all ready to make you laugh at some of the mad stuff that is in my area, but actually none of it is misplaced. It's all destined for something crafty, even if it is sewing-related or for re-purposing.

Hmm.

Toilet roll tubes and coffee cup sleeves - waiting to be converted into mini albums.
DH's grandmother's ebony button box filled with her button collection which might come in handy for LOs.
A little bean-filled beaver that I was given by my work colleagues in the days when I kept a hamster, because they didn't know it wasn't a hamster - nowhere else to put him!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to RedSquirrel UK

1. A tv that doesn't work (but is too heavy for me to lift off the big cupboard); 2. coffee cup (that I don't use, but t matches my room!); and 3. my unfiled income tax! It definitely doesn't belong there - it belongs with the IRS.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to dwelch

1. A box of tea and some Star Wars movies belonging to my son.

2. BIL's birthday card that my DH bought for him.

3. The mail.

It's all there because my scrappy space is the dining room table.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to KellyCali

Fun idea to post for a topic!
Things that do not belong in my scrap space but are residing there right now:
1-A guinea pig! (It's there because I just got it today. It is going to become our new classroom pet after the spring break.)
2-Travel bugs (Don't worry they are not real bugs. They are little charm-like items with a code that travel around in geocaches. They are there to remind me to bring them on a geocaching trip we are taking on Friday.)
3-Easter card (I need to remember to send this out in the mail this week! It is a store bought card so it really has no business being in my scraproom!)

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vintageivy

1. A birdfeeder
2. A box of heavy duty self adhesive velcro
3. An empty granola tub

1. It is for my secret sister in a swap
2. I ran across it in storage yesterday and brought it in and only got it as far as my table before setting it down and doing something else
3. I use the tub for trash when I am in the den working on srappy stuff

fun topic!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to terrihooper

Dang! This is fun and I can't think of anything, except for my mother's paperwork, which needs to be organized and is in the floor right now.

Oh, Oh wait. There is three decorative plates that have golden retrievers on them also in the floor. My husband said they were making noise rattling when the furnace comes on! LOL they were hanging on the wall in a three tier plate hanger.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-23-13 04:08 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

Ooh fun topic!

1. Today's mail, because my scrap space has taken over my entire living room.
2. Some shower soothers I made last night and haven't put away yet.
3. My bra, because I took it off as soon as I got home oops did I just type that out loud?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Ooh fun topic!

3. My bra, because I took it off as soon as I got home oops did I just type that out loud?

Makes perfect sense to me!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-23-13 04:21 PM
In response to flintridgescrapper

The bra is the first thing to come off! Sometimes even while I still have my shirt on

In my scrappy space there's a sofa ... TV ... media credenza ... oh, wait, this is technically the living room

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-23-13 04:24 PM
In response to stick

LOL oh my t-shirt is still on... I've mastered the art of removing the bra without so much as stretching the t-shirt. Nope, not walking around my living room topless

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

It amazes Bill that I can get my bra off without disturbing my shirt I'm wearing. He has never ben able to understand how I do that.

But no bras in my scrapboom.

Magnet from Canada - I cleaned out my purse on my scrap table and took it out so I would remember to give it to my hair stylest when I went last week. I forgot - its still on my scrap desk.

Roll of toilet paper - ran out of Kleenex, allergies were bad.

A towel: My husband knocks over everything and spills constantly so I'm prepared.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to Henri Jean

I just cleaned my desk, so everything on there is supposed to be on there, lol. I think I have an old candy wrapper on some paper scraps, but that's about it.

bj074
bj074 
Tenant
bj074
  • bj074 on 03-23-13 05:48 PM
In response to Henri Jean

I have a few weird things, particulary becuase Im too lazy to move them now.

1. a pair of socks ( I won at work)
2. Laundry detergent( my scrapbook room is my laundry room also
3.girl scout cookies(mint) I have them everywhere they are so good!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-23-13 05:49 PM
In response to bj074

You won socks at work? That sounds way more fun than my work, lol.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to stick

1)a twin size bed frame ...because we bought a new double bed for ds room and he is home for the weekend and havent gotten rid of the twin bed yet

2)a brand new pair of mens pants that dont fit dh or ds ....because I bought them for christmas and didnt realize they were the wrong size til I was wrapping in my room so there they still sit

3) a kitchen curtain panel ....just because thats where it ended up

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to melissadam

I can only think of 1 thing????
A purse I bought months ago and have yet to use, it's just sitting there, waiting for its turn.

Everything else actually belongs there, even tho it may not be scrap related,
But my scraproom is my scraproom, serves no other purpose.

ttownsend
Tenant
ttownsend
In response to ChansGram

1 - Lipstick & Chapstick, as I didn't carry a purse today (or any day for that matter) and I just emptied my jeans pockets in my scraproom this evening.

2 - XBox 360 Game of G's - Apparantly it has a scratch on it, and we bought the warranty on it, so he is wanting me to take it to Game Stop to get another one if possible.

3 - Empty Boxes - Because I have yet to finish packing up my scraproom. We did take a huge truck load of my stuff to the storage building today....I'm seriously making progress!

bj074
bj074 
Tenant
bj074
  • bj074 on 03-23-13 09:07 PM
In response to stick

yeah we have a party once a month and I won st patrick's day socks!

Teresa0817
Expert
Teresa0817
In response to ttownsend

A bag of prunes
A book on reviewing basic grammar. Lol, that should be there.
And a big bunch of info on intermittent fasting.
All things I'm interested in, except the prunes, they are just yummy!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Teresa0817

Half a pack of 3M Command velcro-style strips, and an unrelated Command hook - I was rehanging my magnetic memo board and got all the 3M Command stuff out of the basket in the laundry/furnace room, but none of it worked and some of it had to be tossed, and I had to go buy some new ones at Joann's. (The half-pack is what's left over after successfully re-hanging the board.) After typing this, I have now put those away.

3 religious children's books I will be offering to my mom when she visits later this week - they're currently living in the craft room because that's where Mom and I will be spending a lot of time, and this way I won't forget.

That's actually it, since yesterday I removed all the tools I used after hanging some posters, and earlier this morning I put away the stepstool I had used for the poster-hanging.

There are a few non-scrapping-related novels (as well as my Kiki Lowenstein books) and a plastic tub with hanging file folders for taxes and various other vital information (insurance policies, etc.), but those actually do belong in there.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to aquabunny

Hmmm this is hilarious!

I have a sweater laying on the floor cats drug it in to lay on...Water bottle with mold growing in it....Yes keep forgetting to take it to the kitchen and the litter box that I would love to get out of their. But, no where else to put it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

an empty Mcdonalds sweet tea cup (DD left it there last night, grrrrrrrrrr)

a bathrobe ON the floor (the puppy dragged the thing from my bathroom into the scrap room where she left it and I don't bend so well in the AM after I wake up until I stretch my back)

a box of wedding scatter stones (my daughter is getting married and I don't know what to do with them yet LOL)

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to CommaHolly

A box of thread - goes back in the sewing area.

A stuffed animal - not sure how that got there.

A huge azz aloe plant. It's sitting there 'cause it's by a window....and I need to find another window it can be by, and NOT fall over. It's hit that horribly top heavy stage.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:

There are a few non-scrapping-related novels (as well as my Kiki Lowenstein books) .

Ooo, I love Kiki Lowenstein books - at least the scrapbooking series. I have them on my Nook. Wonder when she's going to come out with a new one?

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to dwelch

I have way too much in my tiny little room... because I keep collecting, but very little of it belongs somewhere else in the house.

1. A tape measure... it has a drawer in the kitchen, but I use it here and don't to put it back right away.

2. Recipes... that need to be organized yet so I can actually make use of them when I want them.

3. A cat... technically she is welcome as long as I'm in the room but she does prefer to sleep curled up in my recycle bin basket. It does make it hard to recycle scraps sometimes. (Yes, my recycle bin is the basket pictured in my avatar and she is the striped one.)

Edited by KatieJo on 03-24-13 07:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KatieJo

LOL, this is a fun topic!
In my scraproom, I have way more than 3 things that don't belong, but probably the most glaring:
1) hubs empty martini glass, he left it in there last weekend when he was trying to fix something on my computer
2) the curio cabinet from the living room, we had a water leak and had to move some of the furniture out to rip up the carpet
3) a huge stack of recipes I've ripped out of magazines, really need to get them organized and put away.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to chocolateaxel

1st... it is a treadmill. It's monster sized but at least it fold up part way. It's still huge and sadly... mostly unused.
2nd.. a Pound puppy that is about 30 years ago. Hubby gave it to me before we had a real dog.
3rd....the clothes that need to be ironed.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to ttownsend

a box of zip lock bags

an empty tea mug

mail that's piling up quickly

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dwelch

H
  • dwelch Said:
  • aquabunny Said:

There are a few non-scrapping-related novels (as well as my Kiki Lowenstein books) .

Ooo, I love Kiki Lowenstein books - at least the scrapbooking series. I have them on my Nook. Wonder when she's going to come out with a new one?

Book 6 comes out in May!

Veteran
In response to ttownsend

1] a cat bed
2] an aquairaum with a turtle in it.
3]a non working tv

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to KellyCali

1.a bag of q tips
2.hair things
3.dh's stapler

Expert
In response to anda11

1) Semi-dirty plate that used to have one of DH's freshly made homemade cinnamon roll...didn't stay on the plate very long!

2) Box of picture frames because I need to send a family photo to my Grandpa for a special birthday photo-wall project.

3) Lots of chocolate!!! Oh wait...that's always here!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to HuskerMom98

Be proud of me the water bottle is out of my scraproom. Posting this made me get it out of there. I'm loving this topic

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to ttownsend

This is a real cute question. I cant think of it right now will have to go check and post later.. but I can relate to the bra thing. Very interesting read. LOL
Thanks for asking that questions.

samaclean
Tenant
samaclean
In response to kajunkat

4 pairs of my daughter's wadded up dirty jeans - because I refuse to run them through the laundry that way, and I refuse to turn them right side out for her since it really isnt that hard (and she has been warned), and her consequence is that they don't get washed. I am trying to see how long it takes her to notice they are gone.

Goodies for Easter baskets for the family - because they have all figured out that I typically hide things in my closet, I had to mix it up some.

My wedding rings - I took them off to do something last night and forgot to put them back on. Then left the house without them this morning.

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to ttownsend

package of toilet paper, boxes of tissues and large jar candle (and probably several other things. My closet that holds all that stuff is right behind my table, but its currently being blocked by large stacks of boxes that contain my new kitchen cabinets. The candle is there because we lost power for over 12 hours yesterday and I needed somewhere out of the way to stick it quickly this morning.

EmahB
EmahB 
Expert
EmahB
  • EmahB on 03-25-13 04:44 PM
In response to ttownsend

1. A red plastic heart that was filled with chocolate kisses (from my DH)
2. An empty plastic bag
3. A belt (that I wear with my jeans) LOL

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to pinkpaperairedale

1. 4 loaves of bread
2. My late father's address book
3. A book, Penal and Evidence Codes.
The reasons they're there...instead of where they belong.
I have no dedicated scrap space so I use the dining room table..which is usually full of scrapcrap..but since I went away for the weekend I cleaned it off and now everyone else has their stuff all over it.
First one, dh just came back from Costco and I haven't taken the bread out to the big freezer yet.
2.We closed out my dads home this weekend and I brought his address book home...dunno why.
3. Dh teaches things pertaining to law and order.

Love this thread.....Jarvae...yer funny!

FayeK10
Resident
FayeK10
In response to ttownsend

1- A microwave on my desk...

2- tools hammer, screwdriver, nails, measuring tape also on desk...

3- box of odds & ends needed to be taken to basement..

All there for a great reason, while visiting my son to help with grandkids, while grandson was being born, my husband surprised me by finishing the remodeling of our kitchen.. Microwave will go to son, had a new one added above stove... So I'm a happy camper!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to FayeK10

1. About 300 Scentsy bars
2. A very bright halogen work light
3. A large box filled with Velata supplies

They're in there because the part of the basement that is going to be dedicated to my Scentsy, Velata & Grace Adele business is having new hardwood floor put in. The light is there because DH uses it when he goes into the crawl space to take out/put in decorations for storage.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to KellyCali

Hmmm.

1. A hatbox (someone gave it to me for Christmas and I didn't have anywhere else to put it.
2. A fanny pack hanging on the doorknob (it just somehow ended up there).
3. A paper shredder (belongs downstairs in the closet but somehow also ended up in the scraproom).

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-26-13 12:51 PM
In response to Diva Scraps

Cool topic! I'm gonna have to think about this one. I'm not in my scrappy area right now!

meshell1104
Tenant
meshell1104
In response to LeeLo

1) Empty glass jars and bottles - I was doing a project for work and didn't use them all, and haven't gotten rid of them yet.

2) Cardboard boxes - I try to tell myself they'll come in handy one day, but they're just sitting there, taking up space.

3) Water bottles - I have a terrible habit of leaving water bottles around the house, either empty or slightly filled.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to ttownsend

1. little bin full of coffee cup sleeves for mini albums
2. a TON OF BOXES in my storage closet in my new room
3. baby wipes !! gotta clean that cricut mat

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to meshell1104

• meshell1104 Said:
1) Empty glass jars and bottles - I was doing a project for work and didn't use them all, and haven't gotten rid of them yet.

2) Cardboard boxes - I try to tell myself they'll come in handy one day, but they're just sitting there, taking up space.

3) Water bottles - I have a terrible habit of leaving water bottles around the house, either empty or slightly filled.

Me too! I think there are at least two in my scraproom right now.

Besides abandoned water bottles, there is an avalanche of paperwork that I'm just too lazy to deal with and my coupon binder. I've given up on couponing and just don't know what to do with it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Ooh fun topic!

1. Today's mail, because my scrap space has taken over my entire living room.
2. Some shower soothers I made last night and haven't put away yet.

Heeee Heeee!

New Kid On the Block
In response to librajj

This is too funny!
1. A chip clip that I didn't put away after I polished off a bag of pirate booty.
2. A wind chime that I bought @ Joann's yesterday that needs to be hung up.
3. A bag of card swaps I recently received that I need to put away.

Cricutgirlg
Guru
Cricutgirlg
In response to KellyCali

I have door knob, lock and screws for upstairs bath on top of my hutch in my scrap room. I need to take it to Home depot for replacement. It has been in here for a couple of weeks, but with Spring Break it got pushed to the side.

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to Cricutgirlg

This is a really good topic! Since I don't have a dedicated scrap room, I scrap on my table in the family room and have all my supplies in the laundry room. So, 3 things in my scrap space are:
1. Kitty treehouse (sits next to the table where I work)
2. Laundry basket
3. Acoustic guitar (my DH has nowhere else to put it!)

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to nrskrs

Well my scrappy space is in a corner of the living room so there are lots of things but...

1. toilet paper rolls...tons of them

2. a package that I am sending to my MIL

3. an empty (clean) fast food contatiner

DH thought I could use it for something in a project. It's made from recycled paper and has a cool texture. I have yet to figure out what to do with it and so it sits.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to Vallee

Diapers
Diaper cake
Shower invitations/decorations

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to kajunkat

just scrap supplies that I didn't use on my last few LO's, need to be put back in it's appropriate places! Nothing but scrap supplies go on my scrap table. However I wind up with scrap supplies on my work desk that don't belong there. My problem is leaving my scrap supplies all over the house, not my house stuff all over my scrap space.

Resident
In response to KellyCali

2 rescued kittens that have now turned into 11 month old cats because I have not been able to find them loving homes yet and my 4 cats will not tolerate them at all.(Good news, we did find homes for the other 3) They have taken over my scrap room and the attached bathroom. Really wish I could find them wonderful homes.

The kitty toys that have multiplied.

A daybed that I just cannot seem to get rid of...never know when it will be needed.

Diva
In response to stvmom2

Air Mattress
Screwdriver
Old DVD player

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to ttownsend

1. THREE remotes - one for the TV, the DVD/VCR player, and the Sattelite. No, I do not know how to consolidate them into one unit, nor do I care to learn. Not a skill set I need on my resume. (For the record, neither is changing a flat tire).

2. Three polar fleece blankets and a pillow. Mu son was playing fort under the scrap table n chair.

3. My sons coloring books...we share The Playroom. He plays with toys...and I play with toys too!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Juansmom

I just want you all to know that there is nothing but typical scrap supplies and of course the cat stuff in my scrap room.....but 1/2 of my scraproom is in the middle of the floor. Where I go mad hunting for something and just started pulling everything out to the middle of the floor and started rearranging. Talk about a mess!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Sneezy1956

What a fun topic!

I have...

1-A box of old software...I'm talking OLD-from when Windows 98 was around. I keep saying I'll go thru it before I throw it out (who has time for that?)

2-Cat toys. I have 3 cats so there are always cat toys EVERYwhere

3-Christmas presents that I picked up for next year. There are only 264 shopping days left til Christmas! I have my own scraproom so the closet in there is where I hide the presents

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to DittoBabyGirl

bowl (I was eating chips and forgot to take it upstairs)

postal tape

foot lotion

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics