Username Post: Quote of the Week...        (Topic#1586367)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

(OK, it was originally posted on the 12th...)

I've tried my best to ignore it, but does this person really, truly feel this way?

"We're not all "pros" with business partners, web pages, blogs and all the other commercial reasons so many of your DIVAS use your site. I'm not in it for the money like they are. I've decided its easier to just forget about the contests since it seems to be based on the number of "friends" that trigger marketing hits instead of quality of submittals. How do I delete the folder and "unfriend" myself from the contest?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KellyCali

Holy cow! Was that posted here on sb.com?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

And btw who are 'all the DIVAS that use this site'.

C'mon raise your hands.

That is, unless your just too much of a 'diva' and can't be bothered to do so!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KellyCali

I'm a diva wannabe, does that count? LOL!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
Holy cow! Was that posted here on sb.com?

Yes. I think they are just too nice to delete it.

I mean, what can you do but sort of just laugh.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KellyCali

Well, it's sad that someone feels that way, but there's always going to be somebody in any situation that is going to cry foul or get their feelings hurt, it's human nature. Maybe this person had an overinflated opinion of whatever it was that was submitted to the contest or swap or whatever it was.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

And more importantly, where is all this money being earned that she speaks of?

Last I checked, I was spending money!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to KellyCali

It sure isn't me! And my checkbook can attest to that fact!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• chocolateaxel Said:
Well, it's sad that someone feels that way, but there's always going to be somebody in any situation that is going to cry foul or get their feelings hurt, it's human nature. Maybe this person had an overinflated opinion of whatever it was that was submitted to the contest or swap or whatever it was.

1. I think she's got the whole notion of the site '2013 Album Contest' all wrong & obviously doesn't understand the simplicity of it. I mean, it's purely random & all in fun.

2. I think she took it 10 pages too far by judging the entire site, divas, random friends & all. Geesh!

I don't know, some people fly off handles in a heartbeat, while others couldn't find happiness if they tried.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to KellyCali

I want to be a DIVA with all caps. Not just a regular diva.

Honestly, though I don't think I've even met any diva's here. If I have, apologies for not recognizing you as such.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 02:40 PM
In response to gin1902

Well according to the first thread in the general forum, I have to post 2679 more times before I am granted the title of Diva. Right now I'm just a lowly Guru. Guess I better get busy!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

I'm just lowlier Veteran....with quiet dreams and aspirations of Guru!

Kinda to what I am understanding her point might be though~ I don't think there's anything wrong with folks having blogs or business partners or a job of making things. Just because you're fortunate (just plain lucky or you worked really hard) and have gobs of supplies doesn't necessarily make your projects "better" than any others. I like projects that are long on creativity and no amount of commercial plusses can take the place of that.

Of course, I have probably missed the point entirely.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 03:09 PM
In response to gin1902

I saw the original post... this person didn't understand the directions on how to post their stuff for the contest. Of course, a simple "Can someone please help me understand how to post my stuff for the contest" would have probably sufficed.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

LOL-so I DID miss the point entirely! I've repeatedly asked the dumbest questions here-and everybody has been very gracious and helpful.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to gin1902

Well I'm a diva, dontchaknow......

And if a question was asked and answered nicely then we'd have nothing to laugh at!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Dang it, Gin, I've been working on my diva postures and you never even noticed??? Why do I bother? LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

[email protected]! I missed the original post, I always miss the good stuff!

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat

Personally I always stand in a diva pose while I type so that everyone will notice my divaness. Wait is that a word?

I thought divas' had to sing, so I am definetly OUT, as I could not carry a tune in a 10-gallon bucket with an ipod in it!

Anyway, I will state that I have been here a while and I lurk a lot and just have fun learning from everyone else! Never have found a more fun place for my scrapbooking desires to be mirrored, supported and educated.

I am sure all of us newbies, veterans, gurus, divas and dietys (did I spell that right?) have had our frustrations, lets hope this person finds the happiness they seek, even if it is not with us.

By the way, does this post make my thighs look big?? I am standing sideways like all the supermodel divas do to look thin, but holding my scissors at the same time!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 06:13 PM
In response to NoirCat

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to NoirCat

• NoirCat Said:

By the way, does this post make my thighs look big?? I am standing sideways like all the supermodel divas do to look thin, but holding my scissors at the same time!

Not at all darling, you look fabulous. It's the scissors, they really make it work.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to NoirCat

oh em gee! A diva AND funny!

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama

I want to be a Diva Too!!!!

For a bunch of Divas ya'll are very funny!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to CrimsonMama

All this time, I thought divas were all haughty and well, frankly b rhymes with witchy, but there are some hysterically funny divas hanging around in here, lol!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I've never been a diva and I want to be one. I've been a Queen Mother but I'm off that throne now.

I want to graduate to diva.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Henri Jean

Maybe you should have posted the entire posts (there was more than one) versus just a section. I think the OP was just frustrated because to her, the instructions weren't very clear on the contest rules.

By taking a piece of the question and posting it elsewhere is making way more out of it than it actually is.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to t-scraps

I found and read the entire thread where this started, and I could be taking it wrong, but the OP started her first post on the defensive and got worse from there. I understand we all have different skill levels, but her request for help came across as a demand, and had a rude tone to it as she proceeded to declare people she doesn't even know pros, divas, etc.
Her screen name is very similar to a member who used to be very active on another site, and was someone I avoided because she was so antagonistic all the time. Not saying this is the same person, just that the name is similar.
Nothing wrong with having fun with it, though, laughing through life is the only way to go!

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama

I found it too! It's funny how people react. She was mad because there were no instructions about how to upload a gallary page to a thread.

That amuses me because I spent a long time one day and could not figure out for the life of me how to do that either. And I consider myself pretty computer literate. Couldn't see the forest-for-the-trees.

Someone on here very nicely and in great detail explained it to me, just like in the album contest thread. Seems to me everyone on here is very patient and gives the same advise and instructions as many times as it is asked. Over and over again.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to CrimsonMama

I understand that sometimes instructions may be vague or simply hard to follow, but like you said if someone asks, there is always a ton of people willing and ready to help, take you step by step, whatever you need to do whatever you're trying to do. To me, her post sounded like she started out mad or frustrated, and if that was her mindset, I don't know if anything would have made her less upset.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-27-13 12:24 PM

I agree... I saw both posts and thought the first one started out pretty rude and the second was just downright uncalled for.

Either way, I will just say that I've never been in a forum with so many lovely, charming, funny, and HELPFUL Divas in my life. I've had my share of questions that have been asked multiple times and have been quite frustrated a time or two. Without fail, I've had a ton of people be there to help me. I've had people send me their phone number and offer to help me through figuring something out on the phone. I've had people cut things for me and mail them to me... heck even had a cricut cart mailed to me! And nothing makes me happier than when someone posts a question that I can actually help with... usually by providing an answer that someone else from here gave me once upon a time, or by referring them to look at some of my dear friends work or posts that have been so helpful to me.

I'm genuinely sorry for the person who's post prompted this thread, sorry that they haven't had the wonderful, positive happy experience that I've had. But I really think that you get what you give...they put a pretty rude sounding post out there in the first place. Like someone else said, I hope they find somewhere they can be happy, even if it's not here.

NOW, about this money that all these Divas are making on this site... someone wanna clue me in here? because I been looking at my credit card statements and I think I'm doing something wrong...

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to gin1902

I never saw that post before this. Wow! Can you imagine all the hurt and misery that person must be carrying around to say something like that? I have entered hundreds of challenges/contests and I've won maybe 3...lol And who are these divas making so much money? I have 2 items in my Etsy shop and not a single purchase has been made ROFL

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Crafting Marfa

I'm only commenting so I can see what status I am - I keep forgetting to look. Besides, there's a saying that might go well with this - "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

OOO OOO OOO, look! I'm a Diva and I didn't even know it!

Edited by dwelch on 03-28-13 10:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to dwelch

LOL! Dwelch you crack me up!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to olleharr

According to Beyonce...

A Diva is a female version of a hustla, makin' fifty million 'round the world, and been wearing stilettos since she was fifteen.

So if anyone sees this person, ask them why they haven't all gifted us some scrapping supplies!!!

-Stephanie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics