Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: April VLB - Come join the fun        (Topic#1586531)
NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Welcome to the VLB (VERY LAID BACK CHALLENGE) -- April 2013 Edition.

Thank you thank you thank you to Christine -- who stepped up and hosted the March challenge when your hostess fell off the edge of the Earth.

Please read this entire post before you sign up.

For anyone new to this challenge, here's the idea: so many of us crave all the lovin' our neighbors leave when we do challenges, but sometimes we just want to create layouts and projects that have nothing to do with challenges (and still get some love!). Well, for this challenge, you can just create pages and other projects and link them here. You can follow my weekly challenges, but it's not a requirement. Basically, anything goes!

Here's the one and only catch: YOU HAVE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS' LAYOUTS AND PROJECTS. So, if you sign up, you are committing yourself to leaving comments as well as receiving them. To keep this from becoming an overwhelming task, I'm restricting the number of players to 30 or so. This is not a one entry challenge. This is a month long commitment to post ALL your work and check out everyone else's. Please post projects only from this month. And please be aware that we can be REALLY CHATTY on this thread and the posts can add up really fast.

Also -- I'd love to learn everyone's first name --if it's not in your siggy could you please tell us.

Every weekend, I'll post a new challenge (well maybe).

Participants:

1. ncyankee
2. cveira
3. byondbzr
4. lpeeps
5. scrapperbee
6. julie101
7. Twinlets Mama
8. OlesyaK.
9. Jarvae
10. dancinIrish90
11. BoBecca77
12. lcmemories
13. MelissaW
14. AuntyT
15. PinkSpoonbill
16. njr007
17. SaraS
18. bubblegirl

Challenges:

Week 1 -- Flower Power. I know not every is seeing flowers. But here in NC -- the trees are blooming, the daffodils are stunning, and our cars are covered in green pollen.

Week 2 -- TEXTURE -- inspire me and use your imagination.

Week 3 -- Transportation. A lo or a card that has to do with transportation. As usual -- put on those imagination caps.

Edited by ncyankee on 04-13-13 11:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to NVyankee

I am here! Hopefully I can find some mojo in April.
Having a quiet weekend. On now to season 2 of Dexter. Meg's and I are watching it in the wee hours of the mornings bit by bit. Trying to wrap up my niece's wedding album as well.
Enjoy the rest of the day. Xoxoxoxo

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to cveira

Me please!

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to byondbzr

I'm in. I am working on something that already fits the challenge...woohoo. I am always so bad at doing that. I did actually complete the week 3 challenge of scrapping a photo more than 10 years old but forgot to mention it. Oh well. I'll do better this time.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to lpeeps

Here I am again!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to scrapperbee

Im in again thanks

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to julie101

I'm back!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Twinlets Mama

wow we are open already! I'm in!
soooo tired from a day long birthday party for the DS2 turning three - pirate loot all over the house))

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-30-13 06:17 PM
In response to OlesyaK.

Sign me up please Hope to get some more scrappy time in April.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Vae

Welcome back everyone. And welcome to Jarvae -- glad to meet you!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to NVyankee

I have a layout to share; this is my last for March and first for April, I guess!

A Very Fairy Halloween By Twinlets Mama

Happy Easter, everyone! Enjoy your long weekend!!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Me, please

I finished this one today, and posted it in the March thread. I'll add it here too since we're all moving over.

Sterling Dr. By Dancinirish90

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to dancinirish90

I'm in again, after spring break I should have some fabulous new pics to SB!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BoBecca77

Add me please!! Thanks!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to lcmemories

Me, please!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to MeliMedina

Happy Easter!!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to NVyankee

Happy Easter! Not much planned today. Cooking a baked ham, bbq chicken, potato salad and a green salad. For those of you who know me well, know that this is a huge thing for me. Not really into the cooking thing much.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Be good and stay safe. xoxox

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to cveira

I'm in again!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to AuntyT

Dropping a little Easter bomb... had to finish up my pages for the March MSC so I could start April off fresh! lol

Halloween '11 By MelissaW

Christmas Day By MelissaW

Santa's Lap By MelissaW

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Good morning and Happy Easter.

I'm acu over in March

I'm scrapping today until time to get ready for dinner.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Happy Easter! I am scrapping this morning before heading to have Easter dinner with Jim's family. Played with my new Snap stuff, Michaels has it!!

Together all things are possible By Byondbzr

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Oh YEAH, I bought my first roll of washi tape and used it on that page.. Washi junkies: Does it look OK??

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill

Now that I'm back from vacation. Can I join in the fun too? Flowers...really? I have three feet of snow in my backyard. Okay. I'm dreaming it is Spring.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Pink Spoonbill

Hi Terri Absolutely!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

I was going thru some OLD lo's this morning. I just had to redo this one.

Here's the original (how awful!)

Horrible Christmas lo By Ncyankee

And here's my redo:

O' Christmas Tree By Ncyankee

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

Here is another redo:

Horrible original:

Horribly Scary Halloween lo By Ncyankee

And here's the new one --

Halloween 2008 By Ncyankee

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to NVyankee

Happy Easter, everyone! I'm busy cooking too, Christine, and its only for the 4 of us! Kyle asked me to make dinner rolls, so just finished that up; made a cake to make the girls happy, and plan on making chicken cordon bleu, coleslaw and mashed taters for supper tonight. I can't wait! Until then--I'm having a nap! Making those buns wore me out!

We also made bracelets with the girls this morning. The Easter bunny left them a bead kit with string, and they LOVED it! They're eager to make necklaces now lol

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Happy Easter! It's a dreary day, but we did have a wonderful church service.

Hope to get some scrapping done later today.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

So much for my redo --- I forgot an "R" in Christmas. DUH

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to NVyankee

LOL, Eileen, I've done that before!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira

getting caught up. just got the laundry all folded and put away since yesterday, and waiting for the sun to go down a bit before Megs and I head out to wash the car.

Terri - how was the vacay? I hope you had a good experience.

Ali, sounds yum! I'm not that adventurous.

Well, hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday. I've been in a bit of a funk today. I know what's causing it, I just need to get out of it! Easier said than done.
Enjoy the rest of the day. I got some pics and sketches on my desk, maybe just maybe I'll get some inspiration soon. xoxoxo

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to cveira

We went to Outback for dinner -- I didn't feel like cooking. I was starving when we got there. So I totally overate. No I feel yuk.

Gotta get ready for the season finale of the Walking Dead.

raining
Governor
raining
In response to NVyankee

I'm in!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to raining

jci

julie101
Diva
julie101

My first 6 for April

Birthday Gifts By Julie101
Dress Up By Julie101
Picture Prefect By Julie101
The Great Outdoors By Julie101 80 Points title

Edited by julie101 on 03-31-13 11:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to julie101

Happy Monday! I'm still off work . woot woot . Just letting you know - Snapfish has a sale on now that goes until April 9. 100 prints for $10 incl shipping code BDAY100, 300 prints for $29 incl shipping code BDAY300 and 900 prints for $79 incl shipping code BDAY900.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to cveira

Wow, that's a great sale, Christine. But I could never do that. I'm still trying to work my way through the last of the photos I preprinted all in 4x6, and I can't wait to be rid of them. I prefer to plan each page before I print so I can choose different sizes. It costs more, and takes more time, but I don't like to work with only 4x6's anymore. For me, they are too hard to crop smaller. I could put 3x4's and 2x3's on 4x6 files in PSE to send, but I could never get enough planned ahead of time to make that many prints. I'm stuck with Osco until I get my own printer. Sigh.

I scrapped a little yesterday - was supposed to be all day - but I didn't even get one done. Maybe today.

Does anyone else have a problem with BlueRay? I don't get it - they say it's supposed to be better, but I hate it. We have SO many problems playing them and they take 4x as long to load as a dvd. Is it just my particular blueray player or is this a problem in general with the format? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

dropping off - didn't get much done yesterday due to a migraine which is still lingering today ((
anyway, new month now..
Beep beep By OlesyaK.
Explore By OlesyaK.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• dancinirish90 Said:
Wow, that's a great sale, Christine. But I could never do that. I'm still trying to work my way through the last of the photos I preprinted all in 4x6, and I can't wait to be rid of them. I prefer to plan each page before I print so I can choose different sizes. It costs more, and takes more time, but I don't like to work with only 4x6's anymore. For me, they are too hard to crop smaller. I could put 3x4's and 2x3's on 4x6 files in PSE to send, but I could never get enough planned ahead of time to make that many prints. I'm stuck with Osco until I get my own printer. Sigh.

oh I'm totally with you on this! I got a printer recently but the pics are not super great on it and the cost (paper, ink, etc) is three times what I can get on sale at Costco. So I still print 4*6 when the sales come by - with smaller collages too. But then, if I decide I want them smaller at a later point - toss the 4*6 and order smaller ones, it's still cheaper this way in the large scale of things... IMHO)

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to OlesyaK.

I have been MIA for a while now, would love to jump back in please

Here are a few I did yesterday
Family Memories By Njr007
I AM By Njr007
Summer of 69 By Njr007
Bridal Shower By Njr007

TFL

Edited by njr007 on 04-01-13 10:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to njr007

Hi Norma, nice to see you back over here!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

oh I'm totally with you on this! I got a printer recently but the pics are not super great on it and the cost (paper, ink, etc) is three times what I can get on sale at Costco. So I still print 4*6 when the sales come by - with smaller collages too. But then, if I decide I want them smaller at a later point - toss the 4*6 and order smaller ones, it's still cheaper this way in the large scale of things... IMHO)

Yeah, reprinting them is what I'm trying to avoid. I've been forcing myself to use the 4x6's that are already printed, but I've had to break down and reprint some a few times - either for size or because I wanted to switch to b&w or whatever. I feel like I've been using 3x4's and 2x3's more and more so it makes no sense to print 4x6's willy nilly. I've been doing a lot of unusual sizes too so I just use Osco to do them on 4x6's. It's 29cents per print, but I never do more than 10 at a time. I like to do 5x7's too, but I never decide that until I'm ready to use the pictues. I usually plan 2-4 LO's and then go print the pics for them. In the long run, it's more expensive that way, but I can't stand the thought of throwing away all those 4x6's. I can't edit that many at a time either to make a large purchase doable. It's interesting that you aren't that happy with the quality of your home printed pics - and I know it's expensive. I've been reluctant to buy my own for those exact reasons. I just can't believe they will be the same quality as a store can print them. I worry about how they will look in 10 years let alone 50.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

I'm in again...just need to finish catching up on love over on March's thread and then I can jump in here!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to godschild94

ACU2H!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Thanks Christine, I will be ordering the 100 (just finished the 300 from the last sale). I figure at that price I can afford not to use some. And I do often crop to a smaller size. And when I really want something smaller or different I print at home or through Snapfish to my local Walgreens.

BTW, I tried with my work e-mail address, and still am not getting the e-mails. So--please continue to let me know when the sales come through.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Hope y'all had a happy Easter!! I'm in for April, and hopefully I won't suck.

March was a busy month. I went to San Francisco for four days mid-month, and it felt like I was gone for a month at work! Hoping that April will let up a bit. In anticipation, I'm cutting back on scrap challenges. But, I'm dancin' with the date who brung me, back with the VLB.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to LesleyC

going to go catch up the 1st post. My computer is lagging and it's so frustrating. I'm expecting to hear the dial up tones any minute.

Hi Norma it's so good to see you -- I've always loved your work.

ONe of my best friends just ran in a 5K with her 4 kids -- Color me Rad -- it's one of those races that paint you as you run. The pics are amazing. I'm going to make her a lo for her bday in may -- I have lots of ideas. May have to go to the master (ByondBzr -- Rebecca) for some ideas. I want to KNOCK her socks off!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to NVyankee

Hi Norma! Nice to see you again

DOO:

33 By Twinlets Mama

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-01-13 05:14 PM

Thanks Eileen nice to meet you too

I tried printing my own at home. I compared them to some prints from Costco and they weren't even close so I keep printing there.

I'm working on my wedding album but I'm so ready to be done with it and start on my New Zealand trip. The problem is there are over 5000 pics for that trip. I was talking to hubby the other day thinking I might just print them all so I can sort through them on paper instead of on the computer. Do they have a coupon for 5000 pics? LOL!

I'll try to go through them at least a little first before I do a mass print, but it's so much easier for me to pick the photos I want to use and decide how to edit/crop them and everything if I have the physical picture to look at.

raining
Governor
raining
In response to Vae

Round Card **COTTAGECUTZ** By Raining

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to raining

Wow - Jarvae, that's a daunting task - but I bet it will be fun. I'm sure those 5000 pics hold lots of memories. I can't wait to see them once you get started!

DOO - Ironically this is one with all (but one) 4x6's. LOL

P.O.D. September By Dancinirish90

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007

Thanks for the welcome ladies.

Eileen I am not listed...can you please add me so I feel "official"

I am ACU.

Edited by njr007 on 04-01-13 09:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to njr007

Acu!

cveira
cveira 
Angel
cveira
In response to LesleyC

Happy birthday Norma!

Happy Tuesday ladies. Back @ work. sigh
Have a wonderful and productive day. xoxoxo

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

MMS... Class this morning. MIL has the kids all day because husband is in Lansing working until 4:30, so she's going to have to have them again in the evening for my appointment and class until he makes it back to the 'Zoo.

Two more days until my youngest's tonsillectomy. I'm a little nervous!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to njr007

• njr007 Said:
Thanks for the welcome ladies.

Eileen I am not listed...can you please add me so I feel "official"

I am ACU.

Only because it's your birthday! Just kidding - - have a great bday -- off to make you official now.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Jarvae -- instead of all 5000 - that would overwhelm my little mind. Maybe you could break them down into events. And print them from each event.

I was thinking of working on our honeymoon album too! Oh just 22 years in the making. LOL

So I thought I had a pretty wide open week -- with just one home visit yesterday. Guess people found out -- and now the calendar is filling up rapidly.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to NVyankee

Good morning. acu.

Happy birthday, Norma!

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007

Thank you Elaine and thanks ladies for the good wishes.

Dropping off

Spring card By Njr007

Happy Mother's Day By Njr007

Wish Big By Njr007

TFL

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to njr007

Norma -- you do the most beautiful cards.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 04-02-13 10:15 AM
In response to NVyankee

Eileen, I will join again. Playing catch-up from the California vacation....might be a few days until I see any scrapbooking, but I will start leaving love once I get another load of laundry started!!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to SaraS

doo --

Color me RAD By Ncyankee

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to NVyankee

I'm acu. I'm working on the new baby's pages! I may never want to see pink again in my life.

You Make me a Proud Aunt By AuntyT

Too Cute By AuntyT

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to AuntyT

Acu!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx

Hello ladies! Wowza! I gotta catch up!

Eileen – You can visit the Lyndon B Johnson NASA station while in Houston! I had the honor of working there for 3 days for an engineering program I was involved in!

Twinlets Mama - I haven’t finished the invites yet. The mom and daughter was really indecisive on what exactly they wanted. They finally decided! Yaaaaay! I started dying the flowers last night to prepare.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-02-13 02:45 PM

Hi Lisa Yes, I am probably going to just tackle one event at a time. Some days we only really did one thing, but some days we did 4-5 things. I have most of the pics already sorted into folder by date/activity. Now I just need to start going through them and editing/cropping and printing. I probably won't start it until after we move next month though.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-02-13 02:46 PM
In response to NVyankee

Happy Birthday Norma!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to pamela.tx

Working on a stack of pics we made from slides:

First By Scrapperbee

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-02-13 02:50 PM
In response to Vae

ACU2H

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Vae

Pamela - we have singed up for a behind the scene tour at NASA. 2 women that I met while in NM at the NRA event last Sept work there -- actual rocket scientists! LOL.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

Hope I am not too late to get in.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to Bubblegirl

Kena -- never too late for you!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

Wanted to share my new foster dog with you -- he's at the vet right now. He's getting neutered tomorrow and will come home with me on Thursday.

His name is Clancy. He's about 1.5 years old.

Clancy By Ncyankee

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to NVyankee

Eileen, such a pretty dog--and I don't say it enough--I admire you so much for what you do for the dogs.

And just finished this--sorry about the flash on the journaling block, but just didn't want to wait until tomorrow:

Sisters By Scrapperbee

Edited by scrapperbee on 04-02-13 03:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 04-02-13 04:19 PM

acu---and back to the laundry!

Happy Birthday to you Norma!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to SaraS

Acu! Went to dinner with my BFF tonight. It's been ages since we saw each other.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

Eileen, that dog is so so sweet! Well, at least he looks that way. lol.

Survived major class work day, an appointment with the counselor, and only have one more class to go for the week. I will finally get to see my husband tomorrow night, as he is traveling again tomorrow and will be out of the house early and was already asleep when I got home.

Also, ACU2H!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

jci

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Oi. I've got a lot of catching up to do! I just glanced through everything, but will catch up on chatter and gallery love tomorrow. For now, I have one to DO:

Really? This is Mine? By Twinlets Mama

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to NVyankee

Happy Birthday Norma!!!!!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to BoBecca77

It's been a crazy busy month allready!! Got all our vacation shopping done, sadly we spent more on good hiking shoes and rain jackets then we did on plane tickets! I really miss American malls and discounts stores.
Had to do tons of pp work for the kids schools. Preregistration for next year. Then filled out forms to pull them out 2 weeks early this year, so we can take vacation before DHs deployment.
Yesterday was spent with a group of moms on post sewing costumes for the high schools upcoming musical The Little Mermaid. Took us forever to figure out how to make Ursulas tentacles, but I think what we came up with will be awesome!
Today I have to catch up on laundry so I can pack, but in between loads I plan on scrapbooking.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to BoBecca77

DOO I finished last week:
USA By BoBecca77

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to BoBecca77

Morning -- went to bed with soaking wet hair last night. I look utterly mad this morning. LOL.

Brendan is spending the week working at the animal shelter. He is trying to get at least 40 hours. He has over 500 hours there already -- his goal is to have at least 1000 when he graduates.

I am going to try and straighten up my house today. I did 2 more pages last night. one still needs some touches. But it feels so good to be back in the scrap room.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to NVyankee

Good morning.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Morning ladies...popping in to catch up on love and chatter before spending my day off scrapping. I need the break from my life right now...its been one heck of a week!

Found out last week that my Archiver's is closing...so I am losing my job and my favorite scrap store ever! We announced it to the public yesterday and I worked 9 hours at the store during our first day of the going out of business sale. Craziness!

And last week I also had a job interview for a teaching assistant position at a local Montessori school...still waiting to hear back on that one.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

• dancinirish90 Said:
  • OlesyaK. Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:

Yeah, reprinting them is what I'm trying to avoid. I've been forcing myself to use the 4x6's that are already printed, but I've had to break down and reprint some a few times - either for size or because I wanted to switch to b&w or whatever. I feel like I've been using 3x4's and 2x3's more and more so it makes no sense to print 4x6's willy nilly. I've been doing a lot of unusual sizes too so I just use Osco to do them on 4x6's. It's 29cents per print, but I never do more than 10 at a time. I like to do 5x7's too, but I never decide that until I'm ready to use the pictues. I usually plan 2-4 LO's and then go print the pics for them. In the long run, it's more expensive that way, but I can't stand the thought of throwing away all those 4x6's. I can't edit that many at a time either to make a large purchase doable. It's interesting that you aren't that happy with the quality of your home printed pics - and I know it's expensive. I've been reluctant to buy my own for those exact reasons. I just can't believe they will be the same quality as a store can print them. I worry about how they will look in 10 years let alone 50.

I have an Epson printer and I love the quality of my prints. They are as good as any that I would get from a photo place and I can print what I want, when I want. I have been using Epson printers for over 10 years and they look just as good as the day I printed them. They may be a little more pricey, but I love the convenience and only print what I use.

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007
In response to godschild94

Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a great day.

Janeen cannot believe your Archivers is closing. I love that store. The nearest one to mean is 250 miles but I always go when I am in the Houston area. It is a little expensive, but they have a great variety and can have some pretty good sales promotions. Hope the TA position works out for you.

And I am ACU

Edited by njr007 on 04-03-13 09:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to njr007

Eileen – That is too cool! Have fun!

Janeen – Sorry to hear about you losing your job….hopefully the other one will pan out! Keep the faith!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to BoBecca77

Got one done!

Brailyn By AuntyT

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 04-03-13 01:33 PM
In response to pamela.tx

Janeen-I'm surprised that an Archivers would be closing! They are very popular stores here in MN. Sorry to hear you will lose your job and scrap store. Good luck with the interview at the teaching position though!

My dad gave me a wireless HP photo printer for Xmas and so far I love it! Changing the way I scrap for sure...I can look at a sketch, go find the pictures and re-size them if need be and instantly print them out and start scrapping!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-03-13 01:54 PM
In response to SaraS

Eileen, what a cute dog! He looks so happy and sweet

Janeen, I'm sorry to hear about your archivers. We don't have one up here and I kept hoping they would open one up but I guess they probably won't. Good luck- I hope you hear back soon.

Rebecca, can't wait to see how you are going to do the tentacles!

ACU2H

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to BoBecca77

Janeen- so bummed to hear about your job. I am hoping you get the new one or that the right one comes along quickly.
I have become spoiled with an Archivers right down the street from me. The closest one used to be in Omaha about an hour away and my bf and I would take little road trips up there to shop or crop. Now I pass this on way too conveniently and it just lures me in... I swear it calls my name out and just won't let me pass. That's what I tell the hubby at least.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to lpeeps

Closest Archivers is an hour and I've been there once. I probably shouldn't go due to wanting to buy it all.

Sparring By AuntyT

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to AuntyT

Janeen - so sorry. I'm bummed about that -- hope it's not a trend. I've heard the one by me (60 minutes away) is a very productive one.

Wild wild day -- hoping to get a bit of scrapping done tomorrow -- or at least take pics of the 2 lo's i completed yesterday.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to AuntyT

We don't have archivers here in Canada; my go to store is usually michaels, over an hour away. Janeen, I'm sorry you're losing your fave store and your job at the same time. I hope the teaching position works out for you!

I'm happy with my printer, too. I love being able to edit my pics, print and get started immediately. Patience isn't a strong virtue for me.

Acu2h!!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to NVyankee

Evening all,

Signed dd up for kindergarten tonight. So excited; the school looks awesome. DD on the other hand, is scared to leave the confines of the school (daycare) she has been going to since she was 11 weeks old.

Janeen-sorry to hear about As but I heard the company isn't doing all that great. The one I go to is about 15-20 minutes away, and it's generally always busy. Are they sticking to more populated areas? Btw, do you live near Country Kitchen (the baking supply place). I am dying to go there!

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

D4O:
Market souveniers By BoBecca77
enjoy By BoBecca77
Disneyland Paris By BoBecca77
Zombie cowgirl By BoBecca77

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to BoBecca77

was gorgeous here when I woke up now getting cloudy.

going to get out and play some tennis.

I may be picking up Clancy this afternoon -- he never got neutered yesterday; the vets office was so busy.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

BTW -- ACU

Edited by ncyankee on 04-04-13 04:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to NVyankee

DOO -- I actually have 2 more completed ones but they feel like they are missing a little something something.

This is another redo.

Here's the link to the orignal:

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

And here's the redo:

everone In the Pool By Ncyankee

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics