Page 101 of 101 
Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 05:26 AM
In response to Manda_K

Good morning all!

NMLady, that's good at least they haven't tried to come take away your cards and such. What about pen and paper in your purse? I never go anywhere without a notepad and pen... Do they allow you to have your cell phone?

Tammy, enjoy your lunch! That place looks like my person idea of heaven. Well, one of them at least

Rosey, I hope you get some crafting done! Man, I really miss it. It's been too long.

Tanya, do you get off at 11 tomorrow??? Lucky girl! I have Thursday and Friday off but I have to work all day tomorrow.

Darla, I would just send her a very brief email asking about it. "Good morning, B. In reviewing my timesheet, I noticed 30 minutes was deducted for lunch on Wednesday, June 26. Since I was in attendance at the mandatory staff meeting, I was not able to take a lunch that day. Will you please adjust my timesheet to reflect that? Thank you very much." Ok maybe leave off the part where I call her a B.

Hi Manda!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 05:26 AM
In response to Manda_K

Oooh I win for page 501 as well Are we gonna get a new thread?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

Vae, you are SO GOOD at correspondance!

Darla, I was so hoping you felt better today! Have you gotten your stuff from Maura yet? I wrote on their FB page asking about the things she was going to order for me .... I could've very well ordered from here or another site, or not gotten it at all since it was a spontaneous purchase, but I thought helping out a LSS was good of me ... well, she posted back that some things were in, some were backordered. Not like I'm in a huge hurry for it, but what if I was? I could've gotten it by now ... Oh well, doesn't matter anyway, just thought it was odd.

We have our Employee Appreciation Day each year on the last work day before 4th of July (tomorrow), and our senior staff cooks chili and hot dogs, and there's a big free lunch for everyone. There are usually games and giveaways, sometimes a dunk tank to raise money. All morning people are excited and getting things prepared, and afterward not many people stick around. So the whole day is really a blow-off. I plan on leaving after lunch, and took off on Friday.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 06:37 AM
In response to tanyaham

Aww you're so sweet I'm better at it when it's not my own personal crusade. Those letters tend to be way too long and I have to triple edit them before they turn into a book.

That sounds like a fun work day. It's been so long since I've been in an office that did anything like that at all. Our office is so separated by department... some departments have fun and do things like that, but ours doesn't. At all. Nobody even acknowledges each others birthdays or anything. It's really a drag coming here.

Darla, I'm sure you're trying to play catch up after being out yesterday. I hope you're feeling better, that your boss's error got resolved amicably, and that you're gonna stop in and play with us at some point today if you can

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Ok, I sent an email to boss lady with a cc to HR, we'll see what happens, lol

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 07:21 AM
In response to chocolateaxel

Good luck Darla! Is your neck feeling better today?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
Good morning all!

NMLady, that's good at least they haven't tried to come take away your cards and such. What about pen and paper in your purse? I never go anywhere without a notepad and pen... Do they allow you to have your cell phone?

Tammy, enjoy your lunch! That place looks like my person idea of heaven. Well, one of them at least

Rosey, I hope you get some crafting done! Man, I really miss it. It's been too long.

Tanya, do you get off at 11 tomorrow??? Lucky girl! I have Thursday and Friday off but I have to work all day tomorrow.

Darla, I would just send her a very brief email asking about it. "Good morning, B. In reviewing my timesheet, I noticed 30 minutes was deducted for lunch on Wednesday, June 26. Since I was in attendance at the mandatory staff meeting, I was not able to take a lunch that day. Will you please adjust my timesheet to reflect that? Thank you very much." Ok maybe leave off the part where I call her a B.

Hi Manda!!

Purses are not allowed on the floor, cellphones on the floor will get you immediately fired. We have lockers we can put our things in.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to NMlady

NMLady- WOW that is a strict place you work!

Vae- love the wording! I would've said the same thing! (and left the B out, too). And I love that episode-- B's be crazy!

Darla- I hope things work out well and you get to feeling better!

Tammy- Yummy! I am off to check that place out-- enjoy and I hope your rash gets better!

Tanya- YEAH for YOU time!

Rosey- YEAH for scrappy time!

Hi to everyone else! I have a bunch of pictures to process and email so I will check in later!

And I will probably create a third thread tonight in NSBR--Stay tuned!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to terrihooper

heyyyyy everyone

hey Miz Terri, we still on for skypecrop on Thursday? I wanna play, so I'm up for it, still. I am NOT going to any parties or anything- I can't believe I've gotta come into work on Friday. Well, I can- as the 5th is 'statement cut-off day' and we're not ever supposed to be off on the 5th (unless it IS a holiday or weekend, lucky there). Oh, and of course- never getting the cutoff day off is a rule that seems to only apply to two of us. The FMLA-abuser/hypochondriac ALWAYS seems to be off on the 5th. And she's leaving early TODAY to 'get a new brace' for her leg. And has said she's 'going to the lake' on the 5th. REally?!?! Arrrrrrrrrrr I hate being a good worker. It doesn't get me anything. So why do I do it?!

anyways. Tomorrow might be fun. My crafty coworker- Chris (remember her from the Dina Wakley class?) and I will be having our own little art journal time- it'll probably be pretty quiet and all the 'important people' will probably sneak out around Noon. So I'm teaching her the magazine page technique thing I've been doing! Whoooo! Craft-time at work!

-k

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to designguyKORY

is there anyone else here who wishes they worked with Kory to learn really cool techniques at work!

A co-worker gave me some cream today to relieve itching and she is bringing me some cortisone tomorrow to help with the sting!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Darla - I think you handled it the correct way.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 11:11 AM
In response to designguyKORY

Being the good worker definitely sucks sometimes. At least you get a little paid craft time tomorrow. Does this mean you're feeling better today?

I just found out today that my coworker is preggers. She can't travel at ALL this time and my boss asked me today if I'd be interested in more travel, and if I could do an onsite on Monday in McAllen, TX? Umm, no and no. I've been trying to get LESS travel, not more, and I'm definitely not going out of town at the last minute. Plus I have an onsite the following week in El Paso, and no way am I gonna go to those two towns back to back.

So I left for lunch just to get out of the office and even though I brought something, I went to Wendy's for my favorite salad. And guess what. It was full of white and yellow "core" lettuce just like Tanya's. I get those salads all the time and usually they are all green. That's one of the reasons I like them. So yesterday when Tanya was saying hers had the yellow/white stuff I was thinking maybe it's just a local thing. But nope.

Sad panda. I don't like Tuesdays.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 11:24 AM
In response to Vae

I needed a laugh and this made me laugh so now I hope it makes you laugh too.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

YUCK on the being asked to travel MORE-- Is she heavy pregnant? Why would they restrict travel if she's not?

Hey Kory! YES! I am all in for Thursday! Who else? Do I need to get the premium account? If it is more than Kory and I will have to but I don't mind! Let me know!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

LOL!! Love that!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
is there anyone else here who wishes they worked with Kory to learn really cool techniques at work!

A co-worker gave me some cream today to relieve itching and she is bringing me some cortisone tomorrow to help with the sting!

MEMEMEMEMEME!!!!

Oh wait-- I don't work anymore!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

I'm so tired of dealing with dummies today. Putting on my dub-step and imagining me & Vae at the dungeon rave ... much better.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to tanyaham

Tanya- My dad has a saying:
"dumb is dominant"

And do you remember the quote from MIB where Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are sitting on the bench talking about people?
it is something like: a person is smart but people as a whole are stupid....

Love it!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I think I am going to start the new thread now-- It will be in NSBR and I am going to call it:
PDF...for AMERICA.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

here's the link:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/7/tid...

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
I needed a laugh and this made me laugh so now I hope it makes you laugh too.

LOL!!! That is hilarious!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
I've got recipe problems too.

I've got a bx of beautiful organic veg and no inspiration. What can I do with these, without using any dairy or wheat?

radishes
carrots
fennel
white onions
a Cos lettuce
squash
Portobello mushrooms
vine tomatoes

Squash soup (squash, onion, tomato)
I also have a really yummy squash stew recipe...(squash, onion, tomato, mushrooms add some beans and serve over rice if you like)
Rice stir fry (carrot, onion, mushrooms chopped stir fried in sesame oil, add rice, some gluten free soy sauce, a little garlic, a little ginger, add some sort of protein if you like and some cooked rice....mixed all together it's Chinese style vegetable rice)
I don't use fennel much but I think Jamie Oliver uses it in salads and has some recipes on his site
There is always a nice tossed salad with the lettuce and some of those veggies...I like to add sunflower seeds or toasted pumpkin seeds to my tossed salad (adds a bit more protein and tastes really yummy!).....
You can cook quinoa in vegetable broth (or chicken broth if you prefer) and then add some of the chopped vegies (carrot, onion, tomato) and serve on a bed of lettuce
I could probably come up with a ton of recipes but don't want to take up too much space, LOL!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to kiyawinn

those sound YUMMY!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

okay off to the new thread

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Manda_K

** I am about 20 pages behind, so be prepared to get a slew of seemingly random comments with corresponding page #s **

Yeah I am pretty recognizable. Except for the first few weeks I was alive, I looked Asian. But I didn't have access to those photos.

I think (if a new contest hasn't been picked) we should play two truths and a lie. You have to say three things about yourself, two are true and one is a lie. Everyone would have to guess everyone else's lie. I think it's also a good way to get to know more about each other.

(page 486)

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to flintridgescrapper

Gin, I can't even begin but the scene before me is quite a spectacle.

And I believe that the locust/grasshopper paradox can be summed up like this:

"Green grasshoppers and brown locusts are close cousins, both in the grasshopper family. But while grasshoppers hop like mad and can be abundant and pesky, locusts can fly. More significant, locusts have the unusual ability to be total loners or to enter what scientists euphemistically call "a gregarious state" — this is the flying and swarming stage, the stuff of Biblical proportions."

Judy I am so sorry to hear about your cousin and those women. It is especially hard to hear about something like only to find out you have family involved.

I hope things start to turn around for everyone.

(p. 489)

Edited by SJB1120 on 07-03-13 02:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 101 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics