Page 1 of 101 
Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Well we hit the 500 page mark and according to Megan, all our posting woes will end with a new thread. She was so nice to not tell us we blabbed too much!
SO CONGRATULATIONS on 500 pages Kory!

Let's get this party started again!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to terrihooper

Never left the party! Just walked next door.

Thanks for starting this Terri! Great title for the thread!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Henri Jean

Yeah Henri! Glad to see you made it!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I just want to thank all the little people everywhere who made it possible for me stand on their shoulders and be the 1st poster on page 500 of the original thread. Now, where's my prize. I want a nice shiny prize. With gears and rivets and steam coming out. And a cup holder. And a pony.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Wooooohoooooooo! Thanks, Terri, and love the name! That's what I've been calling it, lol!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to chocolateaxel

Yeah- Darla is here!
here is the link to PDAJ
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/4/tid...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

Any special requests on the pony? Markings - color, etc. We don't want to get one that isn't to your liking.

And its not too late to change the prize request to a unicorn. If the prize committee is going for miracles, then we can supply the unicorn. Its a lot like a pony but I don't think they eat or poop as much.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
I just want to thank all the little people everywhere who made it possible for me stand on their shoulders and be the 1st poster on page 500 of the original thread. Now, where's my prize. I want a nice shiny prize. With gears and rivets and steam coming out. And a cup holder. And a pony.

Oh.My.Goodness.
I have your AJ! Maybe something will make it in there!

Edited by terrihooper on 04-04-13 07:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

So glad to see Gin here and in prime form!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Well I am exhausted after all the posting and the adrenaline rush of making 500 pages so I am off for the night. I will talk to you funny people tomorrow!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• Henri Jean Said:
Any special requests on the pony? Markings - color, etc. We don't want to get one that isn't to your liking.

And its not too late to change the prize request to a unicorn. If the prize committee is going for miracles, then we can supply the unicorn. Its a lot like a pony but I don't think they eat or poop as much.

No such thing as a bad color on a good horse. And all horses are good, so whatever color is just fine with me and I'll take a unicorn too.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Henri, I love the "just walked next door" . Cute way to think of it.

And if yur getting a unicorn, can it have a pink tale and purple main?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I vote for Old Time Rock 'N Roll - it rocks.

I remember how much I loved seeing Tom Cruse dance to it in his tidy whities in that movie - think it was "Risky Business".

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

I'm beat too! Thank you guys so much for 1) turning around my day today, 2) providing me with a much needed alibi, and 3) sending me unicorns and ponies!

See you guys here tomorrow! Same bat time, different but same bat channel.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Yes it was Risky Business and you can add that to the HOT list!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I am really off to bed now!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Only one prize per winner Gin. Horse or unicorn?

And sure you can have one too Sheryl. The last time I checked you were the last poster on page 500 so that counts.

Pink tail, purple mane if that is your wish. Start watching for the man in the brown uniform driving the brown truck tomorrow. You'll have to miss work to stay home to sign for it though.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Gin I thought you should get to drive the steampunk air ship and first dibs on the Big Heist at Cali Judy's.

Don't tell anyone, but I think Henri and Bill left enough glitter bombs to take care of the vermin and skunk patrol. I read where some neighbors complained about some steam punked sedgeways making tracks in their yards. Ya really got learn to steer them better, Henri! LOL. The sedgeways were gone when the cops showed up, but they didn't understand about this funny glitter trail. Good thing they didn't follow it. Henri would have a new album subject...Jail birds!! How do you all look in orange jumpers and thongs?

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

• Henri Jean Said:
I vote for Old Time Rock 'N Roll - it rocks.

I remember how much I loved seeing Tom Cruse dance to it in his tidy whities in that movie - think it was "Risky Business".

Yeah, that did improve the movie right there. I think I even stopped eating popcorn for that scene.

Ok, now I got movies to watch this weekend. Risky Business, Skyfall (I saw WM had it, gonna have to check PPV)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Night, Terri and Gin! Sleep well!
Am I the only one that finds it funny that the peeps that don't have to get up before the crack of stupid for work are the first ones to bed? And the one (pointing at self) that gets up before the crack even thinks of being stupid is one of the last ones to bed? Just saying..............lol!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-04-13 07:58 PM

I was just thinking the same thing Darla! LOL. We just got home a few minutes ago and I rush straight to the computer to catch up on a real screen. Hubs goes straight to bed. I really should go to bed too... I'm so exhausted. Tonight was fun... I'm glad I didn't totally miss the turning of the 2nd age

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I'm glad you had a fun evening! You deserve it since you survived the cooties!
I suppose the party is over now though, so I guess I better take myself to dreamland, I am so freaking glad tomorrow is Friday!!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Ok, now I'm double mad and ready to curse. durn it! I wrote 2 good funny emails and they disappeared when I hit the add button. I'm going to bed!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

We set the glitter bombs at Judy's on a timing device. We didn't want to be there when they exploded. I would be more glittered than I am every Christmas season after addressing Hallmark Christmas cards.

And why is it when you get a piece of glitter on your face it twinkles for days or weeks. You can wash your hair and face and take showers - there are always a few pieces of glitter on your face. I think I wear a stray piece of glitter from one Christmas season to the next. I didn't now want to be around when those bombs went off.

Did they go off yet Judy???? We haven't heard from you lately. I hope you didn't get hurt in the glitter bomb explosions.

Sorry if we left Segway wheelies in your driveway too. The big treadmarks are from the tank - we didn't make those.

We are innocent.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I hate it when that happens Sheryl. We are in a different hotel every night and computer speed is different so when I hit send, I don't know where it is going to land, or if it will just fly around in cyberspace forever. So frustrating.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-04-13 09:02 PM

Oh Sheryl!!! I forgot... you had asked if anyone saw any of the Heidi swapp page protectors and I t think I did see some but then I couldn't remember what you were asking. I took a pic though

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

Now it's so quiet...we should change that ASAP!!!

-Stephanie

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to SJB1120

Good morning, All!

I caught up reading ... as far as I know, the PDKK is happening on the 20th, and we're meeting at Demo Day at ?? time ... then maybe shopping or lunch ... after that, it's a mystery. Let's figure this stuff out, peeps!!! Especially if I need to clean my house or wash the dogs or something ... y'all know I need time to plan, and make lists, and get everything done, right?!?!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

It wasn't my fault Judy. Somebody on here made me do it but I'm not squealing or telling names. I was forced to place those glitter bombs. I never would have done it if "they" hadn't made me.

This group can be a bad influence.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Hi Stephanie - I'm up very early this morning. Woke up at 6:30 smelling an awful odor when I pulled the blanket up and I immediately jumped out of bed. Bill asked asked why I got out of bed so quickly and so early and I told him the blanket or carpet or something stinks.

He's pulled up blankets and smelled around and can't find any odor. I told him I sleep in hotels with him constantly - hundreds probably over the past few years and I've never complained about an odor and I'm not getting back in this bed.

He smelled everywhere and tried to find it and said he didn't think there was an odor - I needed to pinpoint it and I told him I was not going looking for it. While he was waving the cover around I started smelling it a bit while sitting at the computer desk near the bed but he still can't smell it.

He's been a little feverish for two nights in a row (Tylenol broke the fever) and has had a bit of congestion so he's been taking Mucinex so his sinues never infected like mine did. I think it's affecting his smeller.

He said he would see about getting money back for last night and a fresh room tonight.

A really repulsive odor. He asked if maybe it was all the antibiotics and medicines I've been taking and "no - that is not it".

There is an odor in this room around my side of the bed. I want a different room. I'm not usually pushy and insistant like this but he knows he'd better get me a different room tonight.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Hey all!! Morning! It is FRIDAY!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Bad influence??! Whachoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Good morning, y'all! And an extremely Happy Friday!!! For a 4 day week, this has really seemed like a long one! Maybe because it has been so busy and I've been so tired.
It was really weird coming in here this morning and not having several pages of posts to catch up on, we've gotta get this party started!
My foundation people are coming this afternoon, I'll find out if they need or can do any adjustments, depending on what they say I'm planning on going floor shopping tomorrow. I'm so ready to have my house back to normal and not be walking on concrete. Then the rest of the weekend is mine, all mine! I have a few things I've got to take care of for PFP, but those won't take long and then I'm going to play. I've got an idea bouncing around in my head for Ms Sheryl's journal, and I need to come up with an idea for this month's altered book for the swap at Paper Crown. The theme is birds, and I've sort of got an idea but it isn't quite coming together in my head. I just need to play around with it and see what happens.
Hope everybody is kicking the cooties and feeling better. Y'all have a great day!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Oh Good, Manda is up! Someone to talk to! I don't think Stephanie is here anymore!

I didn't name any names. I don't tattle!

You made me laugh really hard - I had forgotten about Arnold! Good memory for old tv shows! And you did that phonetically perfect, I can hear him say it and I can see that look on his face whenever he said it.

But I didn't name even one name to Judy.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I'm here I'm here!!!

Henri that is AWFUL! Is it possible that it was coming in from the vents? I hate when you can smell something and no one else can. I have a hypersensitivity to sulfur and if anyone opens certain acids near me I instantly have a breathing attack and pass out. No idea what it is and the doctor told me it's impossible to test for this kind of allergy, so I just tell everyone I work with to warn me before opening something. I almost couldn't do my Chemistry major because of it, I couldn't be in the lab for 3 weeks! Luckily my professors were amazing and understood.

But back to your odor problems, I'd check in between the mattress too. I hope there's no dead body somewhere...

-Stephanie

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Darla is up too! Didn't realize this was such an early bunch but that's good. Makes me feel like I'm not talking to myself. Or not more than usual anyway.

Shopping for new flooring sounds like fun Darla. Sound like progress is being made. Are you going for carpet, hardwoods, tile or other flooring?

New flooring can often mean new paint and then new bedspreads and new drapes. It can bring about a whole decorating make-over.

We have a place in our kitchen floor that is ruined from the refrigerater water line bursting and we were out of town. The hardwood floor needs to be replaced but I want to go with tile. And of course the dining room floor needs to be replaced to match. I have one of those older style 80's ranch homes and the kitchen is on one end with a door to the garage. The kitchen and the eat-in area and the big dining room with our formal set is really one big room and it isn't particularly attractive. But was how they built them then.

It is a huge rectangular room with kitchen in one end, big dining room at the other and place for small dining set in between them. The only divider is the kitchen cabinets with no overhead cabinets so it is actually one room.

My way would turn the larger area in kitchen and elimanate the space in the middle for the little set.

WHile we are at it, the refrigerator door blocks the double-door bi-fold pantry so I can't get in the pantry when the refrigerator door is open. That needs to be reworked. I'd like the pantry backup up a bit and enlarged when we do the floor although it will take up some garage space - I want a walk-in pantry with a single door.

ALso, our dining room has triple french-type door outside and I want to remove on of the doors and move some of the kitchen counters that way to get which will absorb my eat in breakfast room and then add a sunroom and put our eat-in area in the sunroom. And I want to add cabintry to the center of my kitchen with a place to eat.

The problem that bothers me the most is that previous homeowners did a lot of do-it-yourself projects. THey did the hardwood floors in the kitchen and dining room and did put it in very poorly. There are gaps where the boards are end to end that are over 1" wide. At least 3 or 4 places like that. Some I can cover up with furniture or throw rugs but not all of them.

Also, the decided to put brick veneer all over the the kitchen wall which is actually kind of cool but they didn't know what they are doing and it is crooked. Then they got ugly ugly ugly plug appliance cover that are huge and are in the brick and morter and they are so crooked they just jump out at you.

So the entire brick on the wall needs to go. The brick is nice but you can see it running very crooked where it meets the bottom of the counters and they tried to compensate for the crooked bricks by putting in the plug covers crooked the other way and using a lot of plaster around them to make them look even more crooked. They cut holes in the brick way to big for the covers. That needs to be taken care of when we put in the new floors.

And, I hate the kitchen cabinets - really cheapo and they painted the insides themselves at some point and it is flaking and peeling and inside.

Then the ugly formica countertops have to go. I can live with formica, but not that color. Its kind of a pinky-orange. Bill says when we to remodel the kitchen we will put in granite counter tops most likely.

It will probably be 2020 or 2025 before we fix the kitchen floor. I've scared my husband too badly to do it anytime soon. Truthfully - do I think I will get all the stuff I want in my kitchen, dining and a sunroom added? Not likely but I can dream.

But you see what I mean, one project leads to another!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

It's like "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie"!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SJB1120

You are funny Stephanie! I haven't heard that expression before.

Could be the vents - altogether possile but I got the strong smell when I pulled up the blankets.

THen again, probably not the vents because each room has its own air conditioner unit so there really aren't connecting vents.

Bill usually has the stronger sniffer and constantly asks me, "Do you smell this" or "do you small that?" Today though, he's a bit stuffy (although doing very well this morning), he's still most likely a bit off.

Just checked the bathroom for a vent and there is only a grate for the exhaust fan so I don't think that is it and the bathroom smells very clean so I think it is coming from the bed area or carpet.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You sound like me Tanya - I need an excuse to clean my house!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

That is freaky...I have no idea then!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Henri, I am so laughing at your odor problem. Then when you said fan the covers, I almost fell off the bed laughing so hard.
We don't have the same images, but the ones that come to my mind are hilarious!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

LOL Henri! Thanks. I strive for phonetic perfection!

Our kitchen functions. I would love to re-do it, but alas, it probably will not happen.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Side note: I will strangle idiots today.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

I really do need an excuse to clean ... it's one reason I used to love having so many parties and get-togethers. It gave me a "reason" to "need" to deep-clean. It was hilarious during the holidays, my mom decided to have a party at their house. Her idea of cleaning for company is shoving everything in closets, cabinets, and rooms, then not letting anyone in. Our house is so tiny, and we used to have BIG crowds, and we never knew if someone would need to stay the night or not, so I always want EVERYTHING clean! And I've been so happy those times we needed it!

Anyhow ... I'm super thrilled that it's finally Friday!! It HAS seemed like the longest week, even though I didn't work for a day & a half.

Hubs asked me last night if I wanted to go down to the lake place for the night, and after lining up our nephew to come feed the boy dogs, I said yes. We're going to take Gracie with us, and see how she does, since she's the one we worry about leaving for longer periods of time. I'm kind of excited, even though we aren't taking the boat. It should be fun to get away, even for a few hours, roast some hot dogs, make some s'mores, ride around in the golf cart, drink some cocktails, hopefully meet some neighbors and come back tomorrow.

We've all been trying to come up with a fun name for the lake place. It's not really a lake HOUSE, and it's not really just a trailer either. I keep saying The Cabin, but it's not a cabin either. Hubs came up with Casa de Jamon (House of Ham, LOL), I like Casa de Chancho (House of Pig) ... I want to come up with something really cute and clever, so I can have a wooden sign made for my FIL to put on the front. Anyone have ideas?? You guys are soooo witty and funny, I'm sure someone has a better idea!

And for what it's worth, we should've named this new thread PDF Part DUH ... LOL!!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

I see others are already wondering what the PDAJ thing is ... probably should've kept that to a PM thread ... just my opinion ... I've just heard about so many people doing swaps or whatever and flaking out, not doing what they're supposed to, all that ... and with your little group, it was sort of exclusive to trusted people. Again, just my opinion ... :/

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

Awesome Tanya, have fun!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

I'm very fine with the PDAJ info posted here. I am enjoying seeing the pages and very jealous that I can't participate (although I'm not artsy enough - I can tell by what is being posted - my talent and skill level is not comparable to everyone else's) - I love seeing the stuff and at least I can feel the excitement of what you are doing! Post away - especially the photos!

Funny Tanya! I know exactly what you are talking about! Company means my house gets really cleaned - or it used to. It was the excuse.

When I was married to my first husband he was a morning drive disc jockey in Miami but we moved to the West coast and he was a California morning-drive jock at a radio station for the rest of the 9 1/2 years we were married. He also did a lot of radio and tv commercials. He also hung out with a lot of political people that we entertained (he went on to be a California state Assemblyman for 8 years.)

He brought home people constantly - mostly heads of ad agencies and other radio people and some political people. But it meant clean house and nice dinner on no prior notice and quite frequently. (I've gotten calls at 4:00 for 5:30 dinner guests that I had never met before. He would be doing radio or tv commercials that day and bringing someone home with the company he was doing commercials for or someone else in the commercials.)

This was sometimes 2 or 3 times a week so it didn't rattle me at all. I was always prepared for it. Came with the title of "wife" in those days. And to be perfectly honest, I enjoyed having the house perfect and putting a nice meal on the table in an hour and a half. I really felt I did well at the entertaining thing.

Unfortunately I didn't wear bruises well and that came with the title of "wife" too so although I still enjoy the title of "wife" today, its just not with him.

Then I had the good china and silver and stuff that I don't have anymore. Silver and china is not the lifestyle for Bill and me. We like more cottagy-cozy. And our good dishes are a depression glass pattern picked up piece by piece in antique store. Not real china.

In those days I had to keep a spotless house becasue there was only time to cook when I got the announcements. One reason I could pull off the "always-clean" house and big meals on no notice was because I didn't scrapbook.

Bill and I really don't have dinner company - or never have other than his family and I no longer go out of my way to make that nice anymore. I certainly don't bother cleaning for them!

Last time they came over Bill asked, "Can family come over tonight?" I said "Why not. We will try this again. Tell them 8:00." I knew that meant have dinner out of the oven by 8:30 becuase they are chronically late.

Seems there were 5 or 6 of them coming. This was last year and the last time I invited them. (Also a good example of why I don't make plans with them.)

At 9:15 as the ziti was getting cold Bill called and called and finally reached his brother. He and his daughtaer would be there in about 30 minutes and were starving.

Really - said they would be here at 8:00? (Although I expected at least 8:30 becuase I know them well) but 9:45?

THen Bill called the other family members and they said it was getting late so they went ahead and ate - so not to wait for them. Three adults and not one can call and say at the last minute they aren't coming?

Okay, so two showed up and hour and 45 minutes late and the others not at all?

And of the two that were an hour and 45 minutes late - she insisted on bringing the salad. She brought it - only it wasn't cut up or prepared yet. We had to wait another 30 minutes while she made the salad.

I've learned over the past 5 years not to plan anything that involves them or agree to plans involving them. They will be late or not show. They call us very impromptu when they are in the car getting ready to go and we have the option to go or not go. But I like it that way because then I know they will be there and we won't have to wait on them for hours.

There is one woman - she is 40 now (Bill's niece) and she knew and accepted the invitation to our wedding in our home followed by dinner. I had a 16 place setting a tables set for 16. I didn't invite another couple I wanted to invite beause I had tables, seating, and matching dishes for 16 so I limited my guest list to 14 and of course, Bill and me.

We waited and waited for her, finally started the wedding ceremony. Waited some more and served dinner. (and you wonder what I did all day on my wedding day - cooked a big dinner for 16 plus all the appetizers and hours'd'houvres that were out everywhere for guest early for the wedding.

I even made a shrimp and crab cheesecake served with crackers.

Anyway, when we talked to his niece the next day to see if she was okay, since she didn't make it at all - she and the man she was dating at the time (also a confirmed wedding guest) took a motorcycle ride and they were having such a good time they didn't want to head back to town.

None of these people are on my A-list. And I don't clean the house when they are coming. I do your mother's style of cleaning for them because it is usually for nothing.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 06:21 AM
In response to Manda_K

Guten Morgen!

I just got to work. We had to meet with the guy at the house about the shelving in our closets. Of course we can't have anything just the standard way so we went through them all and figured out shelving. This means I have to work through lunch, which means no hobby lobby for me. Boo But I have leftover cheesecake from last night. YAY!

How's everyone doing this morning? HAPPY FRIDAY DANCE!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

So glad you are going to the lake house this weekend. Very cool! You and Josh have been through so much with his back surgery and healing - you need a nice weekend and that sounds like the perfect place to have it.

No ideas on name although I'll let you know if something comes to mind. I'm betting on Jarvae or Gin to come up with some funny and appropriate.

This thread has a lot of quick wit flying around so someone will come up with something fast. I'll think but nothing is coming to me right now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Leftover cheesecake dance! That sounds so good!

Bill is still sleeping and I have a package of Lance Captain's wafers with peanut butter honey filling. I really like them... but next to cheesecake?

Want to trade?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Shrimp and Crab Cheesecake sounds very interesting ... what's in the recipe?

REAL Cheesecake (like Jarvae's) sounds just Heavenly right now!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hi, Ms Tanya! Hope you're feeling better!
We really need to have the PDAJ in Swaps and make it closed, only because other people on the website might see it and try to join, when it's just our small group, so we didn't want anyone to get offended if they try to join and we say no after the fact, hopefully either Terri or Korybean will get it fixed.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to tanyaham

Mmm cheesecake.

My lunch today consisted of chocolate chip cookies...that's it! I'm starving and will probably be at work until 7 or 8pm tonight (it's 4:30 right now) so I need to go get food and hang around here until then!

Such a fun Friday!!! (taste the sarcasm?)

-Stephanie

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Oh em gee!! I am so durned happy it's Friday, I can't even begin to describe the happy dance I've got going on! I only had a 4 day week but it has seemed like it has been 3 months long! Ugh!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Who has Shrimp & Crab Cheesecake? I don't care for shrimp but I'll bet a Crab Cheesecake would be delish!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 06:46 AM

Mine is Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake. I was so tempted to eat that for breakfast but I can already tell today is going to be one of those days where I'm gonna need some chocolate by mid-afternoon. So I'm having pasta for breakfast instead. This week has been brutally long. Can't wait for quittin' time!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Okay, just an observation, but where the heck is Gin? If she had a relapse and went into the light before changing her will to leave me all her glitter balls, I'm gonna drag her back to earth then kill her! LOL!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

1. I've been dreaming thinking about what I'm going to have for lunch for about 2 hours now. It's barely past 10am. I've had breakfast, an apple, and a mini Snickers already. And I can't decide what to have ... I have another 2 hours to figure out what to get ...

2. I'm looking forward to S'mores tonight, too. We're going to make them like The Pioneer Woman did (sort of) ... peanut butter on one graham cracker, Nutella on the other, toasty marshmallow in the middle. Yummmmmy ...

3. My MIL asked Hubs last night if Gracie was going to sleep with us tonight, like she always does. He was puzzled, but answered that she always does. Well, she didn't want "puppy prints" on the new comforter! Well, I said she should tell that to the muddy-shoed grandkids who always track in who-knows-what all over the house! I understand completely, but why alienate just my little furry girl?!? We'd planned on taking our own bedding anyway, so I don't have to wash or do anything special for their place anyhow. Poor Little Gracie Girl ... no wonder she barks and growls at Mimi, LOL!!!

4. Darla, it was Henri-Jean that mentioned the shrimp and crab cheesecake. Sounded interesting.

5. I'm bored today.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• chocolateaxel Said:
Okay, just an observation, but where the heck is Gin? If she had a relapse and went into the light before changing her will to leave me all her glitter balls, I'm gonna drag her back to earth then kill her! LOL!

That's what I enjoy so much about you guys and what makes me feel so special and wanted.....folks wanting to kill me.....???

Just wondering then, are we speaking about the art journals somewhere else only or what are we doing exactly regarding that? Totally don't want to offend or exclude or sound like I'm off whispering in PM's or anything, but honestly, I don't know how we're doing this.

Headed to town today for errands and whatnot, so I'll be in and out!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 07:20 AM

Uh oh... I hope she didn't get thrown in jail. I thought we provided a full alibi for the entire day yesterday...

Alright... I'm fully prepared to start auctioning off my Steampunk Debutante to raise bail money. Who's with me?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 07:22 AM
In response to Vae

OH thank goodness you're alive and not in jail. Whew! Breathing a little sigh of relief. I really would have done it, but I'm glad I get to keep my Steampunk Debutante

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to gin1902

Gin, I'm not offended at all if y'all wanna talk art journals ... we were all invited to participate and I chose not to, so why should I have any gripes?!? That's just how I feel about it.

I'm being quite out-spoken today. Guess 'cause I'm kinda bored. And thinking about food.

I've been going through my 2012 layouts on my FB page and trying to pick favorite to submit for a post next week with my new gig. I have it narrowed down to less than 10, LOL.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
I see others are already wondering what the PDAJ thing is ... probably should've kept that to a PM thread ... just my opinion ... I've just heard about so many people doing swaps or whatever and flaking out, not doing what they're supposed to, all that ... and with your little group, it was sort of exclusive to trusted people. Again, just my opinion ... :/

We started a pm and I asked if we should just do it there but It was my understanding that since K doesn't read his pm's much, he wanted a thread so I made one. I have no problem telling someone it is invite only. And if K says he is OK with it staying in the PM Jarvae started, I can delete it. I also put it in "general" and not under swaps so he could find it easily- I can always move it later. I did consider all options last night before posting, I really did

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Ahhh, so it's KK being high maintenance, then?!? LOL!!! Just kidding, KK! You know I love ya!!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Uh oh... I hope she didn't get thrown in jail. I thought we provided a full alibi for the entire day yesterday...

Alright... I'm fully prepared to start auctioning off my Steampunk Debutante to raise bail money. Who's with me?

You did, and I appreciate it! Though I bet if you wanted to make some extra dough, you could get high dollar for those papers! And it's such a lovely gesture. So much more pleasant than Darla wanting to kill me.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to tanyaham

Gin-
Kory wanted a separate thread for the PDAJ so he didn't have to wade through all of our jibber jabber to find info about the journals. He is very busy and working lots of hours right now according to Darla. SO I started a PDAJ thread for him.
Darla- I didn't put it in swaps because I didn't know if he would look there--
I can move it if you want to tell him where it is.

Also- When I was working, you know I am retired now, I always felt that short weeks were the LONGEST! It just goes that way for some reason!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Tanya-
I can't think of anything off the top of my head as a name, either. I will let you know if I do.
That is awful of MiMi-- the other grand kids get to leave footprints, why not the furry one?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Now Now--
we will have no one killing anyone today!

Reminds me of Bill Cosby in his routine yelling at the kids--
"NO one in this house will touch anyone in this house EVER AGAIN!"
It was part of the routine about how kids make you say stupid stuff!
Love Him!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Good morning, hootie!! Onliest reason wus cuz you been so sickly and I didn't figger you done got around to fixin your will yet to leave all your glitter bombs to me, I wuz afeared you done left this earth and I needs me those glitter bombs!
So glad to see you in the land of the living though! Truly I am!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 07:46 AM

Terri, you are so right. Short weeks DO feel longer. The week after a holiday always feels like an eternity. Of course, in this case, I think this week was just long. I didn't have Monday off and it still felt like forever. I blame daylight savings. Still.

I've always taken it personally when places charge an extra pet deposit (non refundable of course, no matter how house trained your pet is) but not an extra child deposit. Most of the children I've been around have been much messier than any pets I've ever had. This is a sore spot for me so I will just cut myself short right here. Don't want to babble on too much about it and bore everyone to tears. LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

For Tanya and Darla (and anyone else who wants it...)

First - in my opinion it needs a bit more Tobasco sauce. This is not quite enough for my taste but it is how the recipe is written. I add a few extra drops.

It is lovely on a nice round platter with crackers arranged around it and a implement like you would spread cheese on a cracker.

I boil or steam cocktail shrimp or medium shrimp and heap them on top. That way people understand know it is not a dessert cheesecake. Its also lets people who are allergice to seafood know this isn't something they want to try.

Okay - one of my favorite recipes:

Creamy Crab Cheesecake
I always get requests for this one – even made it for my wedding appetizer hors d’ houvres table. It makes an impressive presentation.

1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
3 T butter or margarine, melted
2 packages (8 oz ea) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sour cream, divided
3 eggs
2 tsp grated onion
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp seafood seasoning
2 drops hot pepper sauce (in my opinion it needs more)
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
Additional seafood seasoning, optional
Small or medium cooked shrimp for garnish on top - optional

In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees.

In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add onion, lemon juice, seafood seasoning, hot pepper sauce and pepper; beat just until blended. Fold in crab; pour over crust.

Bake for 35-40 minutes in 325 degree oven until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

You can run a knife around the edge of the pan after 10 minutes to loosen it but I don't find that necessary. I let it cool to room temperature.

Spread remaining sour cream over top. Refrigerate overnight.

Approx 30 minutes before serving remove sides of pan and let stand at room temperature.

Before serving I spread small shrimp over the top very thick so you don’t even see the top of the cheesecake. Makes it prettier.

I like to place it in the center of a very large cake-type platter with crackers all around it and knives for spreading. The shrimp lets people know it is a seafood appetizer cheesecake and not a dessert cheesecake. Plus, the shrimp are excellent with it.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

Okie Judy-
I got the cutest card from you today! That is so sweet and you are very welcome for the stamps and book!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

yummy Henri!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That's from my old entertaining days!

If you started a thread for the art jounal Terri, even though I'm not participating, can I still peek in and enjoy the humor becuase I knew very well it won't be all art journal talk. There will be more fun talk than art journal talk.

Also - you can put closed on the title of the thread after the name.

I really want to see the pages of everyone's books as they are posted. I want to be a innocent bystander even though I can't participate.

And I won't be a problem child. I'm leave tomorrow for 42 days so I won't be bugging anyone.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I don't really care who uses the PDAJ thread! I think the idea was to make it easier for Kory. I don't really want to keep up with two threads so I hope things don't erupt over there! LOL!
Feel free to stay up with it! I hope everyone will!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Henri, this just changed up my grocery list for today! Thanks for sharing!

Silly Darla-I made special arrangements with my lawyer to get a whole batch of gb's to you immediately whether I was in jail or just dead.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I so totally agree with you, Jarvae, I have never understood why places let people with messy untamed children get away with trashing a place, but throw a shoe when there's 2 strands of dog hair left behind! Oh, I could rant about the inequities for days, but we all know I'm not a kid person and I am a pet person, so 'nuff said!
The cheesecake recipe sounds good except for the shrimp. I was trying to be nice when I said I didn't care for shrimp, in reality I can't stand shrimp, in any shape, fashion, form or recipe. But the rest of it sounds good.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

YAY! Thanks, Gin, you know how much I love me some glitter bombs! And by the way, I got another awesome postcard from you yesterday, LOVED the picture on it, looks like a gorgeous area. At least I assume it was from you, it wasn't signed but I didn't figure anyone else would be sending me anything from Utah, LOL!
And while I'm thinking of it, not sure if everyone got my address, but I'd love post cards from anywhere, if you don't have my address, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:08 AM

sniff sniff...

no glitter bombs for me....

sniff sniff sniff...

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

That recipe sounds awesome, including the shrimp. LOVE shrimp. I was thinking about going to The Shack for lunch. It's a cajun place with wonderful po boy sandwiches. I switch between crawfish and shrimp, they're both SO good. Also thinking maybe Fuzzy's Tacos in Bricktown. Pulled Pork Nachos. mmmm mmmm mmmmm

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to tanyaham

My stomach just growled Tanya and now my mouth is watering!

Darla- I was waiting to send postcards until I got the PDF address spreadsheet from you
Are you still working on that? If you haven't started, I can do it if you need me to but I need all the addreses

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

awwww, Jarvae, when Gin kicks the bucket, I'll share my newfound wealth with you!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I have started it, but not quite finished. That is one of my fun projects for this weekend, afte floor shopping. IF I get to go floor shopping, depends what the foundation people say this afternoon.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:27 AM

Tanya do you guys have Torchy's Tacos up there?

All this talk of food has made me hungry. Of course, I am surprised that it's already nearly lunchtime. Is it sad that I'm looking forward to 3 pm so I can have my cheesecake? I told myself I would not eat it one minute before then.

Aww thanks Darla. I was starting to feel pretty left out, even despite my very generous offers to auction my steampunk debutante for bail money.

I wasn't able to check the mail yesterday because the office was closed. I'm hoping I can check it tonight but I'm supposed to go out for dinner with my friend (early birthday dinner) right after work. Then tomorrow we will leave before the office opens to go to Faire. This is the opening weekend of the faire that is near Dallas. This one isn't a camping one but we'll be there all day pretty much and then drive home after faire closes and then partying in the parking lot for a few hours.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to SJB1120

• SJB1120 Said:
It's like "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie"!!!

I love those books! They are so funny! I read them to my son all the time.....

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I've made it without the shrimp - just a bit fancier and more festive with it but just as good without.

We have a teensy tinsy guest house (one room but its separate and has its own bathroom) and I've acutally had an easier time cleaning up after people with pets than I have after some people with children.

Or just some people period. Talking about adults who don't know how to wipe up the bathroom counter or use a toilet brush.

One guest - he pulled the towel bar off the wall and also broke our toilet seat. Didn't say a word about it. We were having company 2 days later. I went in to put fresh linens on the bed and found the damage. We ran out that minute to buy a new towel bar and toilet seat.

Breaking it - okay, that can happen. Not saying anything? Those are damages you can't hide. This is our private home.

My son does always have his dogs groomed before he comes and they are no mess at all.

We rent houses and I haven't had an animal yet color on the walls. I've had more carpet or flea problems with pets but more costly damage with kids.

Most people who love their pets enough to travel with them are usually have well cared for and well behaved pets. My experience.

Same with people who take care of their kids and discipline them and clean up after them.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• chocolateaxel Said:
I have started it, but not quite finished. That is one of my fun projects for this weekend, afte floor shopping. IF I get to go floor shopping, depends what the foundation people say this afternoon.

YEAH! I will get some post cards!
And speaking of-- THANK YOU AGAIN Gin!
Tommy came in from the PO and I had a beautiful one!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I can't believe a guest in your home broke the toilet lid and pulled to towel bar down and never said a word! that is so rude!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Jarvae- Where is the faire? Sounds fun!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Therein lies the problem, our society has become so namby-pamby that if a person tries to discipline their child, someone will call CPS on them. Or the huge chunk of the breeding population that feels if they discipliine their child it will damage their psyche or whatever. Oh my goodness, don't let me get up on that soapbox!
I know there are pets that can or have caused damage, but I would rather have visitors bring their pets any day of the week instead of a kid or kids. Not a worry for me anyway, we really don't have many friends with kids, we just don't have anything in common with them and it can be hard to socialize since they have the issue of finding babysitters and can't do weekend trips, etc.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I fond it-- Waxahachie, right? The weather is supposed to be OK for ya'll I hope you have fun! DO you go with a group?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• chocolateaxel Said:
Therein lies the problem, our society has become so namby-pamby that if a person tries to discipline their child, someone will call CPS on them. Or the huge chunk of the breeding population that feels if they discipliine their child it will damage their psyche or whatever. Oh my goodness, don't let me get up on that soapbox!
I know there are pets that can or have caused damage, but I would rather have visitors bring their pets any day of the week instead of a kid or kids. Not a worry for me anyway, we really don't have many friends with kids, we just don't have anything in common with them and it can be hard to socialize since they have the issue of finding babysitters and can't do weekend trips, etc.

After 30 years in education, I could get up there on that soap box with you, sister!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:45 AM

Terri, this faire is in Waxahachie, which is south of Dallas (about halfway between Dallas and Hillsboro). It's about 35 acres for the faire itself, plus parking and all that. It starts tomorrow and will run through the end of May... I think through Memorial day. I love going... we have friends who own booths there and some that work for the cast. This one is always hard for us to plan exactly when we are going because of storm season so we usually try to go opening day and then go one or two more times during the season.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Had sushi for lunch, feeling great!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
sniff sniff...

no glitter bombs for me....

sniff sniff sniff...

Oh, I have a whole batch of industrial strength gb's for you and the Trebuchet.....

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:49 AM
In response to Vae

I think some pets can cause mess and destruction, and some kids can cause mess and destruction. I think they both have to do with how the parents raise them.

I just always thought it was so wrong to charge a pet deposit. There used to be apartment complexes that were adults only - no kids allowed. But then there was some law that made it illegal for the complexes to do that. yet many places still don't allow pets and if they do, they charge at least $200 non-refundable plus an extra $20-50 per month in pet rent? SOO unethical in my opinion.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

It sure looks like it's seafood day around here today! LOL!!!

You're welcome for the postcards-I've sent 3 total (staggered of course, 'cause it's fun to get mail!) to everybody who sent me their addresses. And it's not like Utah doesn't have a grundle of great scenic postcards-LOL

A faire!!! Yea Jarvae, you're so lucky! I'm glad you've got them nearby and that you go! Birthday? Do you share what day? Or am I already too late to mail a card?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

If I was a landlord, I would for sure ask for a pet deposit. Carpets and walls can have some serious damage. Now, if it is a fish, that is different. LOL

I don't see a problem with it, I mean, if you want to keep a pet and rent, it is usually the case.

Now, pet RENT is something else. LOL Not like that pet is earning any income to contribute to the rent, unless it is the dog from Fraiser. Or Bear from POI. Those dogs definitely work!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

When we lived in Dallas, our apartment complex was adult only. We lived there almost 3 years and the law changed and it seemed like overnight the place was over-run with kids! The instant our lease was up we moved to a house and haven't lived in an apartment since.

Page 1 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics