Page 2 of 101 
Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:56 AM
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
  • Jarvae Said:
sniff sniff...

no glitter bombs for me....

sniff sniff sniff...

Oh, I have a whole batch of industrial strength gb's for you and the Trebuchet.....

Happy Panda

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

I don't mind them charging a deposit for pets, but durn it! if there's no damage when when you move out, they ought to refund it, or at least part of it. We lived in 2 different apartment complexes, and other than dog hair that the vacuum might have missed, I can guarantee there was no damage whatsoever from our dog. And we never got a dime of our pet deposit back.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

I know her birthday if she won't tell you! lol!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 09:01 AM
In response to chocolateaxel

Mmmm sushi sounds good too.

We actually do have a rental house. My previous tenants had 2 cats, 2 dogs and no kids. No damage at all. I still have a security deposit and I figured if there's pet damage, it comes out of the security deposit, but I didn't need to charge any extra "non-refundable" deposit just because they had pets. It was all the same to me.

My next tenants had no pets and 2 kids. I had to replace 4 doorknobs. ALL the walls had to be painted because they had marker and food and who knows what else. The carpets had to be replaced in the kids rooms. One toilet had to be replaced because the older kid was "helping" and tried to flush a diaper. There was more but I think you get the idea LOL.

I know that there's a chance for pets to mess up the carpets and stuff, but my only point was that it should all be the same security deposit, and if they leave no damage, they should get all of it back regardless of if there are pets or kids or crazy adults who like to dress up and launch glitter bombs.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to terrihooper

The only people we know with kids - my son has a 19 month old and my step daughter has a 1 month old. Both sets of parents are pretty responsible and I don't anticipate problems.

I've never had a clean-up or anything after a dog in our guest house - but they have always been well trained and didn't make a mess.

My son's dogs shed terribly so he does have them groomed before bringing them.

Only experience with kids has been in rental houses and they are capable of damage. We have one rental house with 5 kids right now - dread cleaning that one up becuase the single mom is a slob. So are her kids. There will be work to do when she leaves.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 09:02 AM
In response to Vae

LOL it's no secret. My birthday is on Monday.

Which means I have to work. Which means I expect everyone here to keep me plenty entertained throughout the day

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

Oh yeah, if there is no damage, deposit goes back. It would be ridiculous to keep it. More like a pet punishment than a pet deposit.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 09:10 AM
In response to Manda_K

Exactly Manda, that's what I think is so unethical. That they charge a separate deposit for pets and they don't refund it at all.

I'm all for security deposits in general - pets or not. I charge a full month's rent as security deposit on my rental house, but I don't keep any part of it just because. I think that's so wrong.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

I'm the only one at work now... it's 7pm and I have about 2 hrs worth of stuff to do... Yipee!

My two cents on the kid/pet debacle. I have friends who are landlords/ladys and they have had a TERRIBLE time with some families and their kids and their pets. The lease said specifically no pets and they had brought in a litter of kittens (like 6 or 7 I think). Their kids were a mess, they always had the heat on high with the windows open, husband couldn't hold a job...you get the idea.

I've been looking for apartments and most of them say no pets or only cats. I'm a dog lover so this upsets me a lot. But some of them do say that it is negotiable once they've gone through the interview process with you. If you are a responsible person, you get rewarded. If you are a SLOB or something similar, then I can understand the pet fees.

Really it's the few who ruin it for the many.

I'm lucky though, my landlady has a lab, so I automatically am renting a pet as well!

-Stephanie

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SJB1120

Stephanie
The few ruin it for the many in so very many ways!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 09:31 AM
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
I'm being quite out-spoken today. Guess 'cause I'm kinda bored. And thinking about food.

It has been awesome having you here so much today!! So what did you decide on for lunch?

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Jarvae, I can't believe you were auctioning YOUR steam punk goodies for Gin's bail. I thought you would be auctioning HER steam punk goodies for the bail. LOL

Next weekend is my girl trip for my BFFs birthday. I think there are 5 of us going now. It will be so much fun!! Just the talking and laughing is what I look forward to.

My DD travels a good bit and she takes her dog everywhere. She fits in her purse and she usually doesn't tell hotels she has a dog, so doesn't worry about pet friendly. I know that's wrong, but some have different rooms that are higher and stink.

I don't care where we go to talk art journals or whatever. Just so long as we go together. Just be sure to tell me where to go. No Darla and Gin!! Not like that. No cursing. LOL

I want to be off for the weekend like nobody's business!! After all, I did work yesterday...ok, not very hard, but I showed up. And today is truly PDF for me,so get me out of there.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I have only rented three apartments in my life. Kel has always owned. I prefer that. I didn't realize that pet deposits weren't refunded. Seems wrong.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 09:36 AM
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl,

I didn't think of that. LOL

That sounds like so much fun. Where are you going? Did you already say and I missed it?

yeah, I didn't tell my apartment complex about my cat. No pet deposit/rent for me. And when I leave, they'll never even know there was a cat there. She hasn't done any damage at all.

Oh, did you find the page protectors you needed for the Heidi Swapp thing? I think you needed the smaller ones that hang from the top.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

I decided to be a good employee and stay at my desk today during lunch (another story for later), so I got nasty nachos from our snack bar. I ate about half and threw the rest out. Icky. But I did get a Reese's for this afternoon, LOL.

It's later, so here's my story ... apparently the B that works in the back half of our office has been keeping tabs on everyone. I'm not sure how she does this between 20-30 runs to her car a day to smoke (since this is considered a non-smoking property). She's been making noise about me not being at my desk ... granted, I have been known to go shoot the shizz with some friends downstairs sometimes for a few minutes ... the times when she's said something, I was either in the bathroom, getting our mail, or delivering HR paperwork. She's been told to mind her own business so many times, but she's an awful old hag with no life, so she tries to stir things up when she can. Something was said to my boss, and he got pretty ticked at her. Then, he had sent some registration and hotel confirmations to the printer for a conference he's going to, and as he's walking up, he can clearly see her reading it. Then she nearly put it in the shredder, because it wasn't hers!! He chewed her bootie pretty good, so she's been extra hostile today. I decided to not give her anymore ammunition today, and instead I smile creepily at her every time she walks by and sees me at my desk. I even threw out a "yep, still sitting here" earlier, but she kept walking. I hate her!!

LOL, I really AM on a roll today ... LOL

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to tanyaham

Tanya you are too much!

-Stephanie

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

I understand about wanting security deposits, but not getting a pet deposit back is ridiculous.

And don't even get me started on dog breed bans!!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

Yes, Stephanie, that has been said about me before. I always wonder if I'm not enough. Then I tell my Goldilocks brain to just shush up. LOL!!!

OK, the nasty nacho cheese may have effected me ... LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Oh, I much prefer owning, I hated apartment living because I don't like living that close to other people, and because of the whole pet deposit thing. Mostly because I don't like living that close to other people! But it didn't make sense to buy something because we knew we wouldn't be there longer than 4 to 5 years. I sincerely hope I never have to live in another apartment, but never say never, who knows what the future brings.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 09:49 AM
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
I decided to not give her anymore ammunition today, and instead I smile creepily at her every time she walks by and sees me at my desk. I even threw out a "yep, still sitting here" earlier, but she kept walking. I hate her!!

LOL, I really AM on a roll today ... LOL

OMG you are cracking me up. "smile creepily at her"

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

I challenge each of you to YouTube the video for "Bangarang" by Skrillex and just TRY to not bounce in your chair. Even a little. Don't bob your head, either.

It's dang impossible.

I'm even blowing bubbles with my gum while I bounce, sway side to side, bob my head, tap my foot and shrug my shoulders. Multi-talented. All this, while I wait for the B to make her after-lunch journey past me. Can't wait.

Disclaimer: I've never actually seen the video, so don't blame me if it's NSFW or anything ... but the song came on my iPod and I just couldn't help but have a little rave party right here.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 10:03 AM
In response to tanyaham

Just started watching it at my desk when my boss walked up. Now I'm packing up all my things...

lol j/k. It's fine for work that song makes me want to put on a jacket that's 3 sizes too big and cover my wrists and ankles in glow sticks

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

LOVE me some Skrillex...Bangarang must be LOUD and I have to dance to it!

Tanya, that is TOO MUCH! LOL!!

Stories like that make me SO GLAD I work from home.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

LOL!

Manda, you ARE coming to our PDKK on the 20th, right??

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

I think so....I cannot confirm at this time, but I think so, yes.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

Woo hoo!

We really do need to figure out the plan for the day. What time do we want to meet at MHF? And most importantly, do I need to clean my house?!?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

I don't know about the rest of the day, but it's best to get to MHF really close to when they open (at 10:00am) because the later you get there the longer the wait for the demo is. I don't mind hanging around shopping and visiting while everyone does their demo, but I also don't want to have to wait a long time before our group even gets started, lol
Any idea how many of us there will be?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 10:35 AM
In response to tanyaham

ONLY because you said you liked having a reason to clean your house, I vote YES! You should clean. Just because you said you liked it. LOL

I have no idea what the plan is for the day. I think Terri needs to come up though. What good is retirement if you can't just hop into your hot little convertible and cruise up to OKC?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

By the way, that reminds me! When I stopped in to MHF Wednesday after work, I asked Maura if she had any news or gossip about PA, evidently the new owner is not going to renew the lease in the current space, she is moving the shop to somewhere near 2nd and Fretz. But I forgot to ask when she is supposed to be reopening.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I second that, Jarvae, after all, she's retired! what else does she have but time?!?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

I agree, 10am at MHF it is.
I also agree, Terri needs to come.

We can figure out what to do for the day, or where to shop, but if we don't want to go out somewhere that evening for cocktails or whatnot, I'll offer up my little casa as Party Central. And yes, then I'll have to get to clean. My only thing is that our guests have to deal with our puppy dogs, who like to sit next to people (or on their laps), and treat everyone just like they're members of the family. If y'all can deal with that, and not laugh too hard at our itty-bitty-not-my-dreamho use-by-any-means-but-I-ha ve-an-awesomely-painted-s craproom-house, then everyone's invited.

But, we definitely need to make the rounds shoppin' ... Basket Market has to be experienced.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Maybe the new and hopefully improved Paper Arts will be open by then, and I definitely want to go to Basket Market, hope they will have gotten in a fabu new shipment of goodies like 5 minutes before we get there, lol

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I think I missed something, where are you all going?

-Stephanie

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

Jarvae, Ms Sheryl and possibly Terri, Manda and okie Judy are coming to OKC to play with me, Korybean and Tanya. Hope I didn't forget anybody!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

I just told the Hubs that Gracie was going to RUFF it with us tonight at the cabin ... {crickets} I said "Get it?!?" He said yes, but still didn't laugh. Oh yeah, it's going on the layout for sure. LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

hubbies can be such goobers sometimes

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

LOL!! That happens with us too, esp when I think something is hilarious and he will keep SUCH a poker face.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

good evening lovely peeps - so I found the new thread and I have caught up on the novel now.

Henri love I just took some day and night nurse stuff and my sinuses are clearing up nicely after only 2 days.

Today has been crazy at work and my little group had lunch out and then we came home and I made a homemade chili - that was awesome.

Bob Seger - LOVE his music and depends on my mood what my fave song is.

Best part of my day is that I came home to some aw shucks happy mail with a little penguin washi tape on it. The juxtaposition of the so cutesy wutesy penguins on the same page of those monumental rocks is quite humourous - love it Gin! Thanks.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Well, Approaching 12 hours at work, and the results are no where close to existing...I'm literally sitting next to the fridge watching liquid be sucked up a straw.

Please tell me one of you is having a fun Friday??

Edited by SJB1120 on 04-05-13 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hi, Lady Tammy! Homemade chili sounds really yummy! Any big weekend plans?
And has anyone spotted Gin wandering around lost and confused lately? I know she had some errands to run, but durn it! she should be back by now, lol!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

Oh, Stephanie, that doesn't sound like any fun at all! My day hasn't been any fun either, just same old same old, but it is about 15 minutes from being over, fini, done, complete, durn I ran out of words, lol!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I just switched the machine over to the next step, that will take a half hour to 40 minutes. THEN I can begin my collection. At the rate it is taking I will be here until they kick me out around midnight. So I think I may alter the flow rates so I can finish AND still clean up.

If I can do that then it would be amazing. I plan on going home afterwards and taking Nyquill and going to SLEEP!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

Okay, y'all, time for this little chickie to hit the traffic and head home. I'll catch up with y'all later this afternoon or evening....

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Bye Darla, have a nice evening!

Jarvae, I tried to hold off until 3pm for my Reese's, but I gave in to one of them about 2:30. And I got to give a creepy, chocolate-covered toothy grimmace at the B as she went by for the 100th time today.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

OK, I narrowed down my choice for favorite 2012 project to 5! LOL! I just loaded four of them into my gallery (one was already there).
*no soup for you
*hug your dog day
*follow your heart
*thunder up
*thankful dogs
Let me know which y'all like best (if any). I am driving myself bonkers trying to decide. I like them all for different reasons, although none are overly spectacular.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 11:54 AM
In response to tanyaham

... 6 minutes...

Of course I still haven't eaten lunch yet. Maybe I should do that first...

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

I like thankful dogs and no soup for you the best because i feel like they say a lot about your personality and love of dogs. And they make me smile the most! I know that's not a technical reason why (they are all wonderful) but it's my opinion!

-Stephanie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 12:04 PM
In response to SJB1120

I like no Soup for you and thunder up. They're all super cute but those are the two I was drawn to.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to SJB1120

Thank you, Stephanie! This is why I like asking for opinions. I never thought about my personality coming through ... you are so right! I thought about those for other reasons, but now I might look at others for that reason ... THANK YOU!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

I'm thinking No Soup For You ... it's funny, I did a lot of die cutting, misting to get the right colors, and I miss my Droopy so much.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

Thunder Up is one of my big favorites. I like the colors, and the fact that they cooperated for the pics so easily ... and Droopy's making a funny face in the group pic that I never really noticed ... LOL

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to tanyaham

Hi, ya'll!

It's Friday and I'm grumpy today. Go figure!!! I work 1-2 days a week at the office, occasionally a few more, but how come I am the only one that knows how to clean it! This place has become a pig sty because I got so tired of cleaning it & then the guys coming in & making a mess! However, it got to the point today I couldn't stand it anymore!

Sorry but I'll have to miss the get together. Have to work that day.

Terri, glad you got your card & thanks again!

Tanya, LOVE "No Soup For You!" Those pictures are priceless!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to flintridgescrapper

Seriously thinking about closing & going to Cherry Berry frozen yogurt for an afternoon pick-me-up!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Darla, would it be too hard to add everybody's birthdays along with the addresses? It would be fun to be able to send cards to everybody.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I second that!

-Stephanie

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SJB1120

the chili was yummy! Tanya I can't decide on a fave.

Safe travels home Darla

Henri and Bill - have fun in New Awlins.

Stephanie - hope you get some progress.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Tanya-
I like hug your dog day and thunder up

I second adding the birthdays to the addresses!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 02:06 PM

It's been swamped at work today.

Stephanie I hope you didn't have to stay too much later.

ooh I love the birthday idea.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Is it too late to vote, Tanya? My faves are Hug Your Dog Day and No Soup For You!
Hi, y'all, I'm home, the foundation guy has come and gone, I spent nearly an hour laying on the floor beside the bed trying to get the Toodles to come out from under it, and now we are snuggled on the couch.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 02:19 PM

Darla how did it go? Does this mean flooring shopping tomorrow?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Nope, no floor shopping, and I have to try to find a way to break the bad news to the hubs

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

If everybody will send me their birthday, I can add it easy, any other info we might like to add? Since it's in the creating stage, it will be easy to add anything we want

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 02:25 PM

OH NO!!! What did they say???

I know, you can tell him you're pregnant. Then wait a few minutes. Then tell him you were just kidding but no floor shopping. He'll be so mad at you for the first news he won't care about the second.

Oh wait...maybe this isn't a good idea...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 02:27 PM
In response to Vae

Mine's April 8.

That's this Monday.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

LOL! Well, good plan but not one I could pull off. He knows I don't have the necessary equipment to get pregnant, so his only comment would be that it's too late for a lame April Fools joke, lol.
The history: shortly after we bought this house, we noticed some problems, called builder, he called a foundation company and they put piers in several areas around the foundation. The present: noticing more problems, foundation guy inspects, says we need 4 more piers. Unfortunately these will be on our dime, not the builder's.
First, do I just take his word for it or get a second company to come inspect? Second, since we don't know yet how much we are going to owe on our taxes, the whole thing may be moot since taxes may take all our $$ and the house will just have to fall apart and I'll keep living on bare concrete. Ugh! I hate being a grown-up sometimes!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

Mine is Sept 21

Tammy- Chili sounds good, though it has warmed up considerably today!

Stephanie- I hope you have left work and are snoozing dreaming of little baby crystals!

Darla-I am so sorry of the foundation issues--

Hi Jarvae, Judyx2, Manda, Stephanie,Sheryl, Henri, Tanya,Gin,Kory and anyone else hanging about

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Oh Darla, that sucks. I'm sorry!

We are on our way to the lake with Little Miss Gracie Girl. She's hilarious trying to sit in Hubs lap to drive, barking at people in other cars, LOL. We were already gone a-ways when we realized we'll have to stop at the gate to get into the park, and she's going to have to see someone come up to the truck. Ugh...hope it goes well!

Have a great night, everybody!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to tanyaham

Have fun Tanya and we HAVE to have a party on the 20th if I make a 6 hour (one way) drive for Demo Day!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 02:56 PM

I'm sorry Darla That's awful. I wonder if you can defer taxes and then file them with the expense of the home repair. I think you can deduct home repairs can't you?

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Alas, I just got home from work...and now I've cooked supper.

1am, we meet again.

-Stephanie

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SJB1120

Also, my birthday is November 20th. As you can gather from my avatar name.

Does anyone want to guess what the J stands for?? It's my favorite part of my name!

-Stephanie

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

Found a birthday card for you in town today Jarvae-it's obviously going to be late, but since I burst out laughing when I saw it, with people looking and all, I think you'll like it and won't care that it's tardy. LOL

Long day in town, tons of errands and we haven't even gotten to making the glitter bombs yet. I don't think either one of us is well yet. I know we tend to be impatient and think we've been sick forever, and just want to be 100%, or in my case, my usual 78% of normal, but golly, we wish we had at least some energy!

Got all the ingredients for Henri's recipe except that instead of seafood we got chicken and instead of cheesecake stuff we got enchilada stuff. It'll be delicious.

Sorry about the foundation troubles, Darla. And the floor... If you were moving in the nearish future, is this something you'd still have to fix on your dime?

Stephanie I hope you got home from work!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

JellyBean

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Hi everyone!

Tanya,I'm sure I'm too late, but I love the hug your dog page. I always check your blog. Was drooling all over our new tape and goodies, so if the tape doesn't stick well, could be from my drooling.

I'm on for the 20th. So if we meet at MHF at 10 ish, then do demo day there, go to Paper Crown, maybe Paper Arts, Basket Market, maybe HL, Joanns, Michaels, we're not gonna have a whole lot of time left. We can have a quick lunch somewhere and nice supper w booze to soak in after all our purchases. The town will never be the same. Tanya will have to tell us if the new store in Norman is worth a trip over there or not. I haven't been there since the new owner took over. Just trying to think of where all we want to go.

Okie Judy, so wish you could make it. Would love to meet in person. Hopefully, we can do this again sometime and you can make it.

My girl trip next weekend is shopping in Texas actually. My BFF the birthday girl, has a house at Texoma. We will stay there at night.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Hi everyone!

Tanya,I'm sure I'm too late, but I love the hug your dog page. I always check your blog. Was drooling all over our new tape and goodies, so if the tape doesn't stick well, could be from my drooling.

I'm on for the 20th. So if we meet at MHF at 10 ish, then do demo day there, go to Paper Crown, maybe Paper Arts, Basket Market, maybe HL, Joanns, Michaels, we're not gonna have a whole lot of time left. We can have a quick lunch somewhere and nice supper w booze to soak in after all our purchases. The town will never be the same. Tanya will have to tell us if the new store in Norman is worth a trip over there or not. I haven't been there since the new owner took over. Just trying to think of where all we want to go.

Okie Judy, so wish you could make it. Would love to meet in person. Hopefully, we can do this again sometime and you can make it.

My girl trip next weekend is shopping in Texas actually. My BFF, the birthday girl, has a house at Texoma. We will stay there at night. It's free and she hasn't been there in a while, so we can get ready for summer too. We go to Gainesville shopping. Not the outlet, just little stores at the square. Over to Sherman maybe. Who knows.

Darla, bummer with the house issues. A lady I work with has had the piers done and is needing more work done. She said it had a lifetime warranty, so this next time is free. Maybe if you're still working on your plan with the hubs, you won't want to fix it. Just cover it and leave it.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

If I can convince Tommy to come with me, are there other Hubs that he could hang with while we do our thing?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Jules

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Thanks, y'all! It really does bite the big one.
Jarvae, I'm certainly no tax expert, but I don't think home repairs are deductible at all. Certain home improvements are, but that doesn't apply here. And we could get an extension on our taxes, however even with an extension the estimated amount you will owe is due when you file for the extension. You know the old rock and hard place! That is my new home!
And Gin, even if we were relocating for sure, we would either have to make these repairs or take a loss on the sale of the house. We may lose on the sale even after repairs are made, it's hard to sell a house with foundation issues.
I think I should just walk around permanently bent over, I'm sure there will be more before before the light at the end of the tunnel is daylight and not just another train.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

If the existing piers needed adjusting or anything, it would be covered under warranty, but additional piers aren't covered, and it is $$$. Cr@p!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

Johanna

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I am so sorry for the problems Darla!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Thanks, Terri!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I hope Stephanie didn't crash before she tells us her middle name, lol I know she needs the sleep but she can't leave us hanging!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

No one's guessed it yet!

Good luck with your housing issues Darla, that is one thing I am glad I do not have to deal with.

There's a guy in my lab who is my age roughly (I'm 22 I think he just turned 23) who bought a house because "med students take on a lot of debt and it's cheaper to buy a house than rent." So he bought a house without even being there to see it. And he has tenants!

I just wouldn't want to have to worry about a house on top of everything that comes along with grad school.

Hopefully they can straighten your issue out. Could you perhaps claim that since they did not say you needed 8 originally it's their fault?

-Stephanie

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SJB1120

I'm still here! I thought I'd give Jarvae and Henri a shot. But I'll reveal it before I go to bed

-Stephanie

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

Joy

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Ooo, I hope I win another pony.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Never mind on the Hubs thing, he isn't going to come:(

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

YES!!! Gin you win!!!

I was named Stephanie Joy because my parents were told they could never have children. Twenty-three and a half years after they were married, I was born! So I was such a joy in their life that my name had to reflect it!

I'll get you a Lipizzaner when I'm in Vienna!

-Stephanie

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

So sorry, Darla. On the good side, if there is one, don't you have the good contractor guy? Can he help with this at all? Also, what are piers? I don't think we have those out here and all I can picture are those houses way up in the air near seashores and all. Is that how yours is?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Congrats Gin! GREAT sleuthing skills! LOL

Stephanie- that is a really sweet story!

Edited by terrihooper on 04-05-13 03:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Alas, Stephanie, I cannot in good conscience take the pony... You included Joy when you sent me your address... The Lipizzaner Pony From Vienna was rigged from the get go.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

AH! I forgot about that!! I always sign my full name lol

I'm going to blame it on the fact that it's almost 2am here and I took sleeping cold meds. Winning combination!

I think I'm checking out for the night. I hope you all enJOY your evening and I'll catch up with you tomorrow!!!

-Stephanie

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

We haven't had pier problems, but I know they are in a league of their own for getting them fixed. Such a bummer!

Terri, my hubs spends most weekends at the farm, but he would be too far to hang with anyway. It's an hour for me to OKC. But since I see he's not coming, no worries. Pick Jarvae up on your way by. What ever happened to that thought.

Joy for Gin on the Joy! A stallion, awesome!

Cali Judy did you make it in to the home after cleaning up all the glitter and tire tracks? Skunks still alive?

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Jarvae, I haven't heard any cameo stories yet. Have you had time to play with it yet? What's it like?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Okay, lemme see if I can explain it: our house is on a solid concrete slab, which is encased in a concrete foundation, sounds redundant but it makes sense if I could draw you a picture, lol. Anyway, most people use the two terms interchangeably, for this purpose I am just going to use the term slab (cuz it's shorter to type, lol!) if the ground on which the slab is poured is or becomes unstable, as all earth is, the slab becomes damaged because it is static, it cannot flex or bend as the earth shifts. Then as the ground sinks or heaves, the slab cracks and either sinks or rises, thus causing alls sorts of structural problems. The foundation repair companies install piers, which sort of look like hydraulic jacks around the perimeter of the house, and sometimes under the house itself, these piers then can be adjusted to bring the house back to level, and lend support in sinking areas to prevent further sinking. Clear as mud? Lol. If my house were like the ones on the beach, which by the way are called stilt houses not pier houses, I wouldn't be having these problems because those houses don't have the unforgiving concrete slab, thus they have some leeway with earth movement.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Okay, everybody should have at least 1 Utah postcard by now from me. If you don't have one, I have missed you somehow and I apologize. Do PM me your address and I'll be more than glad to send.

Darla, I was thinking about the headache of it all, not the cost so much of either doing it or losing on the sale. It's just that if you were moving ANYWAY, it might be less of a headache (yes, less $ too) to fix it.

I kind of want the Lipizzaner pony still...

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

We're on a slab too-and Dennis and I excavated and poured the foundation and slab for the garage. I didn't realize you were slabbed. We're on nothing but rock here, so we heave a lot less motion. I get what you're saying though about the jacks. That would be a huge pain and a huge project. Ugh, so sorry.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I know I said I was going to bed, but I forgot to post this with the switch. It is for a scraplift challenge!

Memories of the Trevi Fountain By SJB1120

And I have 1 postcard, my favorite mountain formations are the angel ones. I looked at it while waiting for the bus to pick me up last night/this morning when I left work.

Seriously now, Good night!!

-Stephanie

Edited by SJB1120 on 04-05-13 04:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Who doesn't want a Lipizzaner?
Love them!

Page 2 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics