Page 3 of 101 
Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to terrihooper

Sheryl- I am picking up Jarvae for the May 10th thing. We haven't talked about the 20th-- she may want to just come for the day since it is 3 hours for her.
I will have to spend the night-- I am getting a room at the Hotel closest to MHF if I come-- Want to share a room with me so we can enjoy dinner and drinks and you won't have to drive home?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

If I come up, I may come early and go to the zoo-- is it any good?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Another lovely page Stephanie! Hope you feel better tomorrow-get some rest!!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

What is MHF? I don't think it's what I think it is.

Off to try to make glitter bombs! We have gathered the materials.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Yeah, it's going to be a major headache, either way you look at it. However, if I take a loss selling this house, then I have no way to buy another one somewhere else. And while I like bridges just fine, I don't want to live under one, lol.
The contractor can help with all the structural repairs, but not the foundation and pier issues. That's a pretty specialized area and a general contractor doesn't usually have the knowledge or the equipment to do that type of work.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to chocolateaxel

Gaah! Darla, that's just awful. And you can't blame it on a recent flood or anything like that? Earthquake that you have insurance for? A really heavy herd of cattle rumbling by and shaking things up?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

LOL, I sure wish!
And MHF is My Heart's Fancy, the super nice super cool superawesomest rubber stamp store that is here in the OKC area.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Okay, found the glass cutter and the glass nippers and the electrical tape. Very excited about the gb's. 'Course it's all good 'till someone looses a finger or hits an artery.

I have a few rubber stamps-not very many though. Some of them are cracked and I don't know why because I haven't used them.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

They probably dried out, if you haven't used them and you live in a dry climate, they will dry out and crack, kaboom!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Kaboom, eh. Drat. I was hoping there was some sort of stamp lotion I could use.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Well, I suppose you could try, but I've never tried it so don't know if or how well it would work.......

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

So my curiosity is definitely piqued, glass cutters, glass nippers and electrical tape, I cannot wait to see these glitter bombs!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Since you don't have very many stamps and some of them are cracked, do ya need some more? I have more than enough to share, lol

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

It appears I am talking to myself *cricket cricket*
Reminds me of the dark days surrounding my tumor and surgery when I couldn't sleep and was the only person the the world awake at 2, 3, 4 in the morning

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Sorry, I've been back and forth here. I'd have been glad to visit with you then, Darla. I think that was before I lurked you guys.

We got seeds planted in our barrels and Pickles walked and laundry and gb materials gathered and the faucet tightened and Dennis's finger doctored (work, not gb related injury) and NOW we're ready to actually start gbing.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

What are you growing in the barrels?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I am around-- watching Grimm

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

And if it's not too nosy, what does Dennis do that gives y'all the flexibility of living wherever you wanted to? I know! Y'all are independently wealthy and you're gonna adopt me! Mama!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hi, again, Terri!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

If she is independently wealthy, she is going to have to adopt me, too!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

BTW- sb.com is still acting wonky for me-- I don't see several posts , then I post and several come up before it

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Terri, I would doubt about spending the night. I like my bed. Try to keep the back happy. This next weekend will be a challenge for me. Could maybe do dinner though. I'd bet we could get Darla to go for that.

I haven't been to our zoo in quite a while, but I think it's really nice. It has a elephant exhibit thats only a year or so old and supposed to be amazing. The lines to get in were so long I didn't go. Then kind of forgot about it. We have a baby thats getting ready to have a big birthday party. Shes 2. I see they are going to have a stingray exhibit starting in May. I will love that. They are so cool looking. Love their little faces. used to have really cool dolphin shows in the aquatic center, but lost the dolphins several years ago. Still have the sea lions and such though. I don't know how much is controlled by the weather. I would think the animals would be really wanting out since the weather is getting warmer.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

We have in our lease that dogs are accepted on a case-by-case basis and 2 out of 4 of our renters have dogs which is fine.

Of the two now, one has an American bulldog. It is very well behaved and is part of their family. It is a really cool dog. I do not anticipate keeping any of their pet deposit because they are responsible will monitor the dogs activities.

Their previous landlords couldn't quit raving about them as being good tenants. However, the landlords daughter and family moved to Ocala and needed to live in the house. (they got 100% of their pet deposit back.) I am pleased with the behavior of the renters and both of their kids. Good people. Good kids. Good dog.

The other house - Bill had a desk in the house that he didn't get a chance to move, it was on the porch. He went back to get it and they had moved it to the curb in the rain in pieces. THey have already torn up things.

She told us she had a sweet little dog. It is not sweet nor is it little. Bill told her he would replace the stove (she moved into the house in a hurry). As soon as she moved in 2 days later he had bought a stove and delivered it.

They 17 year old boy told him to come in and that dog went at him with blood in his eyes and snarling. It jumped on the fence and actually tried to attack Bill. Bill slammed the gate open and it fell back and tried to attack him again.

It is a typical junk yard dog and will hurt someone. When someone walks by the property it snarls and growls and jumps at the fence. A problem dog. It will attack. It is so viscious that we have told her she has to keep it in the house and can only let it in the fenced yard when it is on a leash because if a child gets to close to the fence or tries to pet it through the fence, there will be injuries.

There is no doubt in my mind that no security will be refunded for the dog or the 5 kids. Four of the kids are hers and the 17 year old son has a live in girlfriend.

They've been there a month today and there are already visible signs of trashing.

So we do refund pet deposits for well behaved animals. But if we have to treat for fleas and replace carpet and wood because of them - we keep enough of the pet deposit to recoup our costs for treatment but refund the overage. Fortunately we've had good luck with people with dogs except for the people right now in one of the houses.

But our leases do say that for any animal is accepted on a case-by-case basis. A lot of people here have fur babies and we would rent to any one of you and not even charge a pet deposit because I know that everyone here is a responsible pet owner. It is very obvious.

One the other hand, my brother-in-law rented to people with a cat. They kept the cat in the house without a litterbox. WHen they were all arrested (there was a drug bust there, police burst open the door with all exits covered and took them all the jail. Apparently my brother-in-law rented to serious dealers.)

The cat was filthy and went to the bathroom and sprayed all over that house.

It had hardwood floors and Bill and his brother treated the floors with every chemical known to man and could not get the cat spray and liter box odor out. I lost track of how much money it costs to get the odor out. Plus walls were smashed in and it required major rennovation when they left.

They scrubbed and scrubbed those hardwoods until they were bleached out and still, cat odor. When you went in, your eyes burned from the amonia smell from the spraying.

Give me a dog any day over a cat that sprays. I love cats but it boils down to how well the owner cares for the pet. These people didn't even have a litterbox for the cat and it was in the house for nearly a year!

We've had other cat people and you would never know they had a cat. My son has 2 cats and you would never know it except that James Dean is so friendly he greets everyone personally and gets excited - "look Joe, someones at the door. They have come to play with me and pet me!" Everybody tells Joe they are going to take James home with them - if he ever doesn't want him, they do! I can't beleive how many people have asked to have him if Joe gives him up, which will never happen. He got James in 2000 as a kitten and so Joe has had him for 13 years. Natalie Wood is really sweet but only comes around people she knows. She has a skittish streak.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Henri Jean

We actually had to cut floor out here because Patricia quit changing the litter box and finally threw it out but the cats kept going in that spot. The carpet was saturated, we tore it out and I tried EVERYTHING to clean the floor. It was soaked, too- ll the way through-- we finally cut it all out and replaced subfloor and floor both--
Nothing stinks like cat pee. They also had an old male dog that peed on the door jam going into the laundry room. It rotted the wood and that had to be replaced, too.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Dang, I'm having the post troubles too! But I've got 2 GB pics in my gallery. More to come!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

LOVE the pics and the fact that Dennis is working on them, too!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

That is bad pet ownership Terri. But it is a risk when you rent to people with pets and you don't know their history with the pet. I can tell right off it the pet is going to be a problem or not by observing how the people treat the animal and how the animal responds.

Darla - that is awful. I know exactly what you are talking about - I'm a realtor and used to sell a lot of slab homes. My last 2 were on slabs, as is our current house. Two of our rentals are slabs.

One of my girlfriends lives in Loisville and has to raise her house in Grand Isle from 8' to 15'. I call them stilts but the contractors who are doing the work still call them piers. I hear them called both but they are stilts to me.

When you do one things to a house if often leads to something else that has to be done. In her case, raising the house, which has to be done because of the hurricanes and damage from each one because it is only 8' - and the fact that she has to raise it or her homeowners insurance will be cancelled.

Now with it raised, code requires that her electrical meter box be raised - and when that is done another deck has to be added to the back of the house to give access to the new meter box (code) and it requires another set of stairs to get to it. It is getting out of hand. But her hands are tied - between home insurance requirements and code, the requirements keep increasing.

This is my girlfriend that works for Exxon.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Awesome, Gin, er I mean Mama! I can't wait to see the finished product!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Henri Jean

It depends what they are using, usually if they are actually raising the home off the ground, it is stilts, if they are using these hydraulic gidgets that are installed under the slab and can be raised or lowered like a car jack to make the house level but doesn't actually raise it off the ground, then they are piers.
Years ago when we lived in Katy, I was trying to get out of the banking world, I went to work for a major insurance company as an adjuster, and the second division I worked in was foundation claims, lol. Go figure, now I'm the one with the problems.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

There is glitter everywhere and not one GB has even gone off! LOL!

Hope to have one last picture soon. 3 big are done, 4 miniature ones are cooling.

Truthfully, Plan A was to be able to attach, inside the spirals, a GB to the art journals and or give away to anybody needing one, but these are way too labor intensive. Nevermind all the dang glitter everywhere! LOL! Okay, so taking apart tiny light bulbs isn't the EASIEST thing to do, but we had to try! Very fun, but this isn't going to be a mass production thing at all-LOL

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Yes, yes, I'm astoundingly, gloriously wealthy. I roll around in billion dollar bills like Jarvae rolls around on Steampunk Debutante paper, lolling back and forth in oblivious bliss.

Drat...if only it all weren't such a counterfeit fortune. I'm so sorry, I won't be adopting anyone.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

At least you have more knowledge in the foundation area. You know if it's a good deal or not and how necessary it is.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

I was thinking when looking at the pics that your whole house is going to sparkle! Somehow just bringing an unopened bottle of glitter into the house spreads glitter everywhere, never mind once you open it, lol!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I can just see if one "goes off" when you're trying to fill it. Glitter all over your face! My concern is that there would also be glass all over your face. Do not get hurt playing with your bombs!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Oh, yeah. The house is sparkly. Dennis is sparkly. 3 of the 6 cats are sparkly in spite of our BEST attempts to keep them out of it. Okay, not really on the cats because we did keep them out of it 'cause among all the health reasons, I'm so not cleaning up sparkly hairballs.

Last pic in mere moments. Of the GB's, not hairballs.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

I'm still having "wonky" thread issues too. I sit here and it show one NEW message, but I haven't read the last 10. I posted on Gins pic and it posted twice. Then I had to delete one.

I'm also texting and emailing with my SIL, watching TV, drinking Dr Pepper, and petting my sick fur baby. Multi tasking, multi tasking.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

Glitter is the herpes of the crafting world-

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Sheryl- When I posted to Gin's gallery it posted twice, too!
WONKY WONKY

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I would LOVE a mini GB attached to my AJ! PLEASE???

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• terrihooper Said:

NOW you tell me?????????? !!!!!!!!!!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

• terrihooper Said:

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

They are so cool! I love them!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

What a mess! What a twinkly mess! We need to figure out a way to really seal up the little ones-because they are jagged glass even if they're tiny, and the glitter falls out. Also you have to use the really fine glitter because the hole is so small and the glass blobby thingy attached to the wires is in the way. Dang light bulb people not thinking ahead! The hot glue doesn't work and that was our best bet since it's gloppy and we wanted something we could also attach a thread to in order to tie them to something.

I think for the big ones, I'd like to replace the black electric tape with (no, not penguin duct tape-though that would be kinda funny with light blue glitter inside...hmmm...) gold or silver or some pretty tape that goes better with the glitter theme than the bomb theme. OMG! I need some copper tape with rivets on it!!!! JARVAE!!! I need copper tape with rivets!!!!

Got to go TRY to clean up some of this...

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

LOL! Yeah, good luck cleaning up! You're gonna be finding glitter for years to come!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Jarvae, I keep forgetting to answer. I wanted some sort of clear page for a 4x6 photo that has top holes to go on the Heidi Swapp thing. I may have tp figure out how to make my own. I have the Heidi Swapp clear page protectors, but they won't work for this. My brother is going to have his first grand baby. I wanted something with no gluing. I thought with the clear photo covers he could slide pics in and out of as she grows. He could put it on his desk. He is in Tyler TX.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Okay, added another pic-this one has the little lit fuse on the end-TOO CUTE!!! Dang, what we need is an ornament that's just between these two sizes. It'd already have a hole and I could use my stained glass copper tape instead of the electrical tape and then we'd be getting somewhere!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Love it, love it, love it!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Sheryl, I really like the Heidi Swapp folder thingies. I got several sets of them and the picture holder thingies too. I love the whole pretty folders with neat edges shapes. If there was a line of exactly the same thing in blacks, creams, pretty brown colors, I'd max out the credit card in a heartbeat getting all of it. I just love the folders.

Well, we're still cleaning up... LOL

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Calling it a night! And I'm still having troubles with the posting thing too. Posts too long? Not just too many pages maybe???

No GB unintended explosions and we've cleaned up as much of the glitter as we possibly can-or at least that's the story we're sticking to.

If anybody knows off hand where to find the ornaments in a smaller size-let me know. I'd be glad to make 'easier to make' GB's, but with the size ornaments we've got and the troubles with tiny light bulbs, it's not gonna happen with the supplies we've got right now.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:36 PM
In response to gin1902

OMG page 13 for real? I go to one dinner (albeit a fabulous one!) and I have to catch up to page 13?????

Alright... be back in a few...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:45 PM

• chocolateaxel Said:
And while I like bridges just fine, I don't want to live under one, lol.

You can come live with meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:52 PM
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
I roll around in billion dollar bills like Jarvae rolls around on Steampunk Debutante paper, lolling back and forth in oblivious bliss.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 08:58 PM

• terrihooper Said:

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-05-13 09:09 PM
In response to Vae

OMG you guys are cracking me up!!

Gin, copper tap with rivets... I'm on it. Got Rob working on it now. He has no idea what I'm talking about but I'll explain it to him tomorrow when I'm coherent.

I had a FANTASTIC dinner with my very good friend Jodi. We drank a bottle of wine. Then shared another glass. Then had another glass each. We laughed, we cried, we drooled over Matt Bomer. It was a very good night.

Then to make it even better, Rob got (some of) our mail. He wasn't able to get the package which I think is Darla's art journal, but he got the regular mail. HAPPY MAIL HAPPY MAIL HAPPY MAIL

I had FIVE birthday cards, TWO postcards, and a pack of coasters (more on that later). I got some birthday cards from relatives and old friends. I got a birthday card from my very good friend who I kind of had a falling out with earlier this week (lots of drama that I didn't post here but it's been pretty upsetting). Then I got a VERY BEAUTIFUL surprise card from JUDY in OK!!! SOooo pretty! This card came in a box you guys!!! Thank you so much Judy, so sweet of you!!!!!

And I got two postcards from GIN! I love the penguin duct tape!! I was wondering what everyone was talking about... SOO cute! LOL! and the second one was sooo gorgeous! Thank you Gin!!!

Then I got some coasters from marlboro. I don't smoke but I got on their mailing list ages ago and ever since then they've sent me cool stuff like free concert tickets, nascar race tickets, and random little goodies.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Vae

well good morning all you late night chatters! (and those who might be sleeping). It is beginning to become a part time job just keeping up with the posts in the morning but I do love it!

Glitter being the herpes of the crafting world - yep - I have it in places I haven't even used glitter still...

off to check out those bombs!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Terri- I LOVE Grimm!! One of my favorite shows!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

• terrihooper Said:

HAHAHA TOO FUNNY!!!!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SJB1120

Hello everyone!

I slept pretty fantastic overall, then someone started vacuuming or blowing leaves (still not sure which). Granted it was noon, but still!

My greatest fear has come true, however, I am sick So I plan on going to buy my groceries now, then head back to my room and VEG!

Hope everyone's weekend starts off on the right foot (or the left if you prefer)!

-Stephanie

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SJB1120

the Moose is putting together an under sink bathroom cabinet for me - I bought him a latte and he carried it home for me (good deal). 2nd load of laundry is about to go in the dryer and then I have to go get some groceries (got my meat already).

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Jarvae, what are you going to make with the coasters? I know they used to make a mini album w them, but I never have. I have a whole bunch of them. In outback steakhouse one time, I asked is I could have several coasters. The waiter brought me a whole package. I wouldn't take them all. I think I ended up taking half. I still haven't done anyone with them.

Tammy you crack me up. Trade carrying a bathroom cabinet for a latte, seems fair.

Hope you feel better Stephanie. Curl up in bed with some cold meds, maybe it will go quickly.

I'm trying to not catch the crud. My nose has been so stuffy and my head pounding. But I'm willing it away. No. No! I don't have time for you. I'm going to play next weekend!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SherylEb

Good morning folks!

I was supposed to go to our monthly crop today, but I got hit by a migraine. I thought I'd stopped having those, but apparently not. Thankfully it was only really bad until about midday, then I could be upright without the nausea and dizziness.

And that's just as well as my brother is staying tonight and tomorrow with us, and the house hasn't been cleaned since before we went away on Tuesday. I have about 2 hours till he arrives. I've done the bathroom, now I'm having a little sit-down and a cup of tea before I start the dusting and vacuuming.

Maybe I'll get to scrap on Monday once my brother has left and DH is back in work. I've missed it.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Gin, can you trim a cork from a wine bottle to fit the necks of the tiny GBs? And then glue foil over the ends?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Good morning, all. Working today and allergies are kicking in so I have the feeling this is going to be a very long day!

Rosey, migraines are the worst! Glad you're a little better. Hope you enjoy your time with your brother.

Sheryl and Stephanie, you too????? Boo to the cooties going around here! Feel better soon!

Jarvae, so glad you got the card. Did the box make it intact? Obviously, I've never mailed on to myself to see how it goes through the postal service, so I'm curious to see if it was okay when it got to you.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy. Do you take anything for the allergies? Is this hayfever?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

It's just regular old spring allergies that have been getting worse each year. Everything's just barely starting to bud & bloom out here, but it's enough that I'm really starting to feel it. I guess I need to go to the doctor, but for now I'm just taking over the counter stuff.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

wow Rosey that is a great idea bout the corks! You can even buy mini corks can't you at the craft store or something like that.

Hope you feel better - it is a glorious day here iin Stockport - t-shirt weather. So not only did the Moose put the cabinet together, he also changed the toilet seat for me and helped me with the groceries - methinks he has plans for tomorrow and doesn't want me to have any excuses but I am not sure.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

LOL, Tammy. Men are so funny, aren't they?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to flintridgescrapper

he makes me laugh everyday Judy - I gots me a good un

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-06-13 08:26 AM

Good morning!!! :-)

I'm in the car en route to faire. Got a bit of a late start because I wanted to wait till the office is open so I could pick up my package... Darlas art journal YAY! Then I had to go to my LSS to get my project in a bag kit for this month. They're having a scrapbooking garage sale there so of course I got sucked in there. Rob ended up coming in to get me and when I checked the clock I'd been inside for half an hour. Oops! '

Then stop for breakfast and now we are on the road. I won't be able to check in once I'm inside so I hope everyone has a lovely day!!!

Stephanie, so sorry you are sick. At least you have time to get through it and feel better before your mom arrives.

Judy, yes the box was perfect. I shall take a photo when I get home. I've never seen a card in a box before like that. It was so cool!!!

Tammy, sounds like a fun day! I love productive days like that.

Rosey, so sorry about your migraine. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and hope you have a lovely visit with your brother.

Hi to everyone who hadn't checked in yet!!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Vae

Jarvae, please post the box here. I'd love to see it.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Good Saturday (late) Morning All!

So sorry Stephanie and Rosie and Sheryl and Judy on not feeling well-ugh. Is anybody well? Except for Tammy's husband who seems to be doing a lot of really nice things around the house!

Dennis and I are really struggling getting over this blue gomboo or whatever we've got. Folks here are on their 3rd antibiotic in some cases!

I love glitter! But I think I love glitter more in its own original (hopefully interesting or nice looking) container. Thought we'd cleaned up at least most of it last night, but I guess not! LOL I looked a little online for smaller ornaments, but couldn't find what I wanted. Maybe when holiday stuff starts coming out I'll luck into a batch. Or if somebody knows of any better places to look, let me know. What I want are small, fillable, glass ornaments-not the acrylic kind.

Hope everybody has great day today or at least starts feeling better!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

And thank you guys for all the great comments on our feeble, but twinkly, attempts at making the GB's. LOL!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

Hello everyone!

I'm exhausted, I literally think about moving and it makes me tired. No way I'm cooking tonight. So I'm off to find some dive food.

Gin and Rosey, I got your postcards!!! Well I should clarify, Rosey I got your postcard, it's beautiful!! Gin, I got almost all of your postcard, I think a portion of it is still circulating somewhere (the bottom's missing) but it looks nicely distressed and it matches the curves of the mountains. And of course it's still beautiful!!

My goal is to fill out all my postcards this weekend and mail them on Monday. That's the plan at least.

Well, I'll check in later!

-Stephanie

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Hey, y'all! Happy Saturday!!
The Toodles actually let me sleep late, yay! But almost as soon as I got up, my phone started blowing up with texts, so I have been on both my cell phone and the land line for almost 3 hours now, ugh. But I think I finally have problems solved, questions answered, hubs calmed down, and I don't know what all else. Double ugh!
Now I'm about to head into town to pick up a few groceries and such, then I will be hiding in my scraproom the rest of the weekend! What happened to my nice quiet weekends when I could just piddle around the house and in my room without all this drama?!? Eh, this too shall pass. And if it doesn't, I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a nice cliff to drive off of, lol!
Am I the only one here that isn't sick? I am so sorry that y'all have all been felled by the cooties, but I swear if any of ya so much as glance in my direction with your cootie filled self, I shall have revenge!! I do not need nor do I want any illness of any kind!! I had enough medical stuff last year to last me the next 10 years, so y'all just breathe in the other direction, lol!
K, out of here, hope those that are sick feel better soon, and everybody have a great weekend!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Oh, my goodness Stephanie! Was it the one that said "Canyonlands" on it? Where you're looking through the arch down onto Washer Woman off on the left hand side? I can send you another one-just let me know for sure which card it was. Hope you get feeling better.

I'm glancing at you Darla, but I assure you, my germs, just like myself are too exhausted to make it from me to you even at internet speed. Whatever this is it's hard to get over and you're so lucky to not have it.

I know I've missed posts and I think Jarvae asked what we planted in the barrels. We've got 4 old whiskey barrels with chicken wire around them, a nice rusty pipe with either a bent pitch fork or rake sticking out of the top for the birds to perch on. We've got Johnny-Jump-Ups, cosmos, bachelor buttons, wild sunflowers and we just planted snap dragon seeds. It's a good way for us to garden-desert and all plus creatures who eat everything. We put a whole packet of seeds in each barrel, so when they bloom, it looks really cheery.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Hi, Gin! Actually it was me that asked, lol. What kind of potting soil do you use? I have the worst time trying to grow anything, don't know what I do wrong but my thumb sure isn't green!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I'm sorry! You'd think with just 14 pages, I'd keep things straight! LOL

I'm not a good gardener at all and with the weather we get, the deliciousness of everything but weeds here, and the fact that I haven't a clue, it's amazing we can grow anything at all. But the barrels do really well! I'll have to send a pic when they're all blooming.

This year it looks like we topped off with Osmocote potting soil. Last year I think it was Miracle Grow-if that's the kind in the green and yellow bag. We just water gently with the hose morning and afternoon. Does that help?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• RedSquirrel Said:
Gin, can you trim a cork from a wine bottle to fit the necks of the tiny GBs? And then glue foil over the ends?

Tammy and Rosey,

We did try corks-we got the littlest ones we could find and they were still too huge-LOL even trimmed really tiny, we couldn't cram them into the lightbulbs. I think the corks would look really good with ornament gb's using any of the pretty brownish/copper/bronze or even black glitter! That'd be very pretty! Boy, I'm really hoping to find some small ornaments now!

Edited by gin1 on 04-06-13 11:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

It was the Canyonlands but it's okay! I don't want you to have to go out and get another one just because the mailman got hungry

Food was not as good as I had hoped but it met the necessary requirements. I'm gonna try and veg for a bit.

-Stephanie

Edited by SJB1120 on 04-06-13 11:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

I have spares, Stephanie. And I'm glad to send it to you! Feel better.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I have been out and about today and I forgot to get post cards! Oh Well, there is tomorrow and the next day.....
I am waiting on the gracious and well feeling Darla to get the addresses together then I will bombard the PO with your cards!

I am feeling well, too so if ya'll sickies spread your germs to me, I am siccing Darla on you!

Stephanie- you GET WELL for your visit with your mom!
By the way, have any of ya'll tried Zicam? I use it when I feel like I might get a cold or if I think I have been exposed. It really helps the cold pass fast-- I don't know if it has kept me from getting one or not-- I guess there is no way to know for sure but I started them last year and now I keep my cabinet stocked!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to gin1902

well we had a great day - I have a new bathroom! I am now going to go soak in a bubble bath with a glass of wine and a magazine!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Gin- these are 1 1/2inches
http://www.orientaltrading.com/design-your-own-mini- cle...

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

That's a good size, Terri, but I think I'd rather have glass. Though honestly, plastic might be a more sensible choice-esp for mailing them, but I worry about the acrylic scuffing up or looking dirty. I'll bookmark that page, because really, that's a darn good size and I've bought stuff from them before so I'm very glad you found them. Thank you!

So...instead of catching up on chores today, I've been rooting through holiday ornaments and scraping/soaking/rubbing off the decorative stuff on the little glass ornaments I've found. LOL I've got 5 little ones- about 1 1/2 inch in diameter that are scrubbed clean and just waiting to become the glorious gb's they were always meant to be.

Wow, Tammy! New bathroom and a good soak! Sounds like you've had a great day!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
well we had a great day - I have a new bathroom! I am now going to go soak in a bubble bath with a glass of wine and a magazine!

That sounds NICE!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Gin- I have been looking and acrylic is all I can find--I will look upstairs and see what I have- I may have some in my stash that I can part with all in the name of GB's!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

LOL-don't part with anything, Terri-just funnel glitter into them! It's fun! Messy and twinkly, but fun!!!

All I could find was acrylic too. All the fillable glass ones were larger. I did find more shapes with the acrylic ones-stars, I think-LOL Too fun.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Hey, y'all, I'm back, can I just say how much I hate going anywhere on a Saturday?!? The crazy weekend drivers were crazier than usual, the store was a madhouse, and I think every adult in there except me had at least 4 hellions with them, and they were all like someone opened the gates at the zoo! Have these people never been in a public place before?!.
Okay, first off, I'm so glad to see that y'all are having a good Saturday! Tammy, congrats on your new bathroom, I bet it's wonderful! Gin, hope your plants turn out gorgeous, please post pics! And good luck with the glitter bombs!
My Saturday has not been that great. First off, I had to break the news to the hubs about the house issues. Yeah, that was a real blast. Then my best friend who lives in the Houston area called, I adore her and visiting with her, but I always get sad because I miss her so durned much! So I was a little emotional after her call. Went on to the store, well we know how much fun that was, lol. On the way home, there was an overturned 18-wheeler blocking my side of the interstate so I had to take the back roads home, took twice as long but I made it. Pulled up and got the mail out of the box, and lo and behold! A beautiful post card from Jarvae, I gotta tell y'all, as soon as I saw it I started bawling and haven't stopped yet. Thank you, Jarvae, for the post card and the sentiment!!!
Now I think the bubble bath with a glass of wine sounds like just what the doctor ordered! I haven't stepped foot in my scraproom yet, but in this frame of mind it is probably best if I wait a bit. Maybe later, or there's always tomorrow, lol.
I'll be in and out, if anyone is around............

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

So sorry, Darla! Sounds like one of those days-enjoy a good soak! I'm still cleaning up glitter. LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Darling Gin, you're going to be cleaning up glitter for an eternity! You do know that if you leave one tiny little piece behind, it's like an amoeba? It begins to divide and multiply, then before you know it, it looks like you never touched anything! LOL!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Darla yes it sounds like a bubble bath and a glass of wine is in order for you - I feel amazing

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Yeah, I kinda wish I'd known just how insidious, if still so pretty and twinkly, glitter was before we lost our minds last night. Sure was fun though. And it was Dennis's idea for to use the little lightbulbs because they're tiny and round. I'm thinking more and more about the acrylic ones Terri showed me...

Edited by gin1 on 04-06-13 01:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

You did lift my spirits though, it's just so cute that you think you can actually clean up glitter! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!! Oh, my, I feel better, laughter really is good medicine!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Well, we did get a lot of it cleaned up. At least we're not trudging through it like it was a couple of feet of snow anymore!

I do have to wonder, if maybe pouring stickles or some other glitter glue in wouldn't be a tidier way to do it. Problem with that is if you slop it on the side (inside) or something, there isn't really a way to clean it up. You'd have to pour it in and just swirl it around and either cover the whole inside or not care if it wasn't. The plus would be you could customize colors-like pour some silver and some blue in and it wouldn't mix together completely like glitter would... Hmmm. Going to have to think about that too.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

You're so creative, I know you will think of a way to make the best glitter bombs the world has ever seen!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

LOl-that's a sweet thing to say, but we'd all be much better off just buying them from the Acme Glitter Bomb Company, Inc.

So what did you want to plant and how did you want to plant it? Do you have fun containers? Flowers or veggies?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to gin1902

Hi everyone!

We had a pretty good time last night at the cabin. I guess that's what we're calling it anyway. We roasted sausages over the campfire, made to-die-for s'mores, and met the neighborhood cat, that Hubs has seen around (and they fed a time or two). He had zero fear of Gracie, just wanted to come inside and sit in our laps when we were out by the fire. Crazy thing. I started calling him Maynard, as a joke. This morning, I realized it might be a girl. I decided to keep calling it Maynard, either way, LOL. Gracie did SO well, except she is like a lot of people and won't go to the bathroom on trips! It was making us paranoid, but she was awesome. Even rode with us on the golf cart around the park. It was nice to be away, but we got a little bored, especially without internet. Silly how that makes such a huge difference these days.

We crashed on the couch when we got home, and now I need to get ready for my nephew's birthday party. We're only making an appearance and then coming home. Hoping to get some scrappy time tonight.

Darla, I'm so sorry about all the house issues, and everything else.

Terri, if you come up early, our zoo is wonderful, I love it!

Everyone else ... I will check in with you later. Hope you all have a lovely evening.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to tanyaham

I cracked and took paracetamol for the head - I hate taking painkillers and I'm allergic to the aspirin and ibuprofen families. I felt a lot better in the afternoon and got the house ready for bro, but then we all went out for an Indian meal and it came back again. I couldn't eat more than a few mouthfuls. I thought I was going to throw up at one stage. That passed thankfully, but this is miserable - it can just take a long jump off a short cliff. I hope it's gone in the morning because I'm serving in church. {cross fingers}

Darla, poo on the house issues. I'm so sorry.

Gin, try googling glitter ornaments and floor wax. I saw some tutorials that look like huge fun and use less glitter. I would love to try them myself except that we don't have glass ornaments on our Christmas tree and I actually don't own any glitter. Only Stickles. Oh no - does that make me a glitter snob?

Stephanie, I can't believe the postcard has arrived already! I only posted them on Thursday afternoon.

Hi to everyone else too! I'm off to bed now. Catch you after the family has left tomorrow.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

I just want to plant flowers. The back of our property is a vast wasteland, I don't like yard work and the hubs isn't here to do any, so nothing has gotten done in the years we've lived here. I love the look of container gardens, and it looks easier to care for than traditional ground planting, since you don't have the grass and weeds to deal with. I don't have any pretty pots or anything yet, but hope to find some at Basket Market or Garden Ridge. I'd really like to get something going soon before the weather gets too hot for me to be out there.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I'm so sorry Rosey. Migraines are so dreadful. I don't know if you've tried Midrin or Imitrix, but maybe one of those might work.

Glitter ornaments and floor wax? LOL! Okay, I'll look that up. I don't know if it makes you a glitter snob, but I can guarantee you've got less to try to clean up!

Hope you feel better.

Just looked it up and LOL-honestly, I thought the glitter was for the ornaments and the floor wax was for cleaning up afterwards! What a good idea for using less glitter and having it stick to the insides! Thank you!

Edited by gin1 on 04-06-13 03:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 3 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics