Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to mrsdriver5

....and just think I wanted to live over there...guess what?? no chance I'll put up with the bad weather and the "no hobbyshops near by" and live my nice quiet life in the village with nothing or nearly nothing going on.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Besneys

Everyone needs a little excitement in their life (although I'm not sure Manda would agree!) ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Speaking of weather, I wrote down the predicted high temps for the next week for the area I live.
Today-73, tomorrow-74, Thursday and Friday...finally MY type of weather!...97, Saturday-80, Sunday-73, Monday-69 which will be the day I move out and Darla can move in :>)

San Diego County has beaches, inland valleys (me), mountains and desert, so temps vary widely within 50 miles either direction. I couldn't stand to live on the coast because I would never warm up, but the 108°F it's been in the desert lately is getting a bit high even for me.~Judy

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I'm in "high desert" country. Last year our lowest temperature was 28 below zero and our highest was 112. Quite the range!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

We usually have some 112-115 days in Sept. and Oct. and that's a bit toasty for me, but I prefer it over the possible 20s, or even once in a while teens, temps that we might get during the night in the winter. I can tell when it's a cold night, like last night it got down to 57 and my hubby stole all the blankets. This morning he said, "No wonder you're cold...you don't have any blankets." Well, duh...

Now I'm sitting with my little heater blowing on me and my blankie around my legs. I need to get a lap dog like Tanya has! That would keep me warm :>) I wonder what the temp is like at Tahiti? Maybe I'll move there, but I need to see if they have snakes or possums first~Judy

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Judy, my lap dogs are either 35lb or 70lb. Take your pick! Our weather the last two days has been amazing, mid to upper 80s. Tomorrow, chance of snow. Seriously!

So, I've been doing my best to not be upset today. Having more issues with the Insincere Friend. I'm also stuck on Level 29 of Candy Crush. It's been a [email protected] day ....

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

I have to laugh about something Vae said during our PDKK get-together. "I would HATE to be known as The Insincere Friend." LOL! It's a fitting (and deserved) term of endearment for her.
I just hate feeling hurt AGAIN over it. And I hate that I've vented so much lately here....

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to tanyaham

LOL, I think a 70 lb lap dog would keep you warm Judy, but you'd have a heck of a time reaching around him to reach your crafting stuff at the table.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
spent some time this morning looking at Steph's photos - that is quite the little cheeky monkey!

And then some friends had posted pics from their Icelandic trip - very cool so here I am going to boring old Canada (well I am not going for the scenery so I shall be content with hugs from family and friends).

Shame on you! (JK!)
I know you didn't really mean that but I had to say something to defend our great country....I have actually travelled all over Canada except Yukon and NWT....it is beautiful!
I could show you some amazing pictures of our country....

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

Terri....I got your postcard! Thank you so much...that was so nice of you!
I really need to start sending some mail, eh?

Rosie...I got your birthday card! Thank you so much as well...it is beautiful!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

I'm bummed because my son has his first t-ball practice on Saturday morning and a friend's birthday party in the afternoon!
Don't they know it's NSBD??

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-30-13 12:29 PM
In response to kiyawinn

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kiyawinn

oh I know it is beautiful Alison but I kinda meant that I don't really get to see it as a tourist - I get to spend all my time visiting. I am a True North Strong and Free girl - never doubt it!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

TOO funny, Vae! My biggest dog was a Great Pyrenees. He topped out at about 140. Most definitely not a lap dog unless you had already called the ambulance.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

So sorry you're having a rough day Tanya, though I don't know what Candy Crush is.

Yea! Cards! It is so fun getting them. And making them too, I'm discovering!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• mrsdriver5 Said:
We usually have some 112-115 days in Sept. and Oct. and that's a bit toasty for me, but I prefer it over the possible 20s, or even once in a while teens, temps that we might get during the night in the winter. I can tell when it's a cold night, like last night it got down to 57 and my hubby stole all the blankets. This morning he said, "No wonder you're cold...you don't have any blankets." Well, duh...

~Judy

Judy, you're so funny. I love the way you write stuff.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hi, y'all, having family issues today so have been keeping to myself, but have been trying to keep up with the posts before I get too far behind. lol.
First, I'd take a bear any day over a possum or snake, or any other type of small critter or creepy crawly. Gives me the heeby-jeebies just thinking about it. If I woke up and saw a possum in my bedroom, IF I didn't die of a heart attack, the dog and I would be checked into the nearest hotel before you could blink!
Second, it has been too danged hot here!! I am looking forward to Thursday, a last cool spell before true summer hits with a vengeance.
Ms Cali Judy, sorry I won't be moving in when your weather "drops" to 69, that's at the extreme top of my comfort range. I'm most comfortable with temps between 50- 60, 65 as long as the sun isn't too strong, anything above that and I'm searching for air conditioning.
Has anybody heard from Korybean? Has he ever sent his journal to Gin? Do I need to hunt him down and put the fear of Darla into him?
K, gotta get back to work. Hopefully, I'll catch up with y'all later this evening, depends on if I end up in jail for killing/maiming/whatever else I can think of certain family members.
Bye, y'all

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Ms Tanya, I forgot to tell you to hang in there, Candy Crush just gets better and better, LOL!! I'm at Level 74, every single level since 50 I've said I'd be there the rest of my life, LOL!! But you'll catch a break and then move to the next level of he/l!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to chocolateaxel

Vae, that is too funny!
One of our dogs is a lab/rottie x and she *thinks* she's a lap dog....the funniest is when I'm sitting in the backyard in a lawnchair and she tries to get in my lap....I had to save that cartoon to show DH!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kiyawinn

So for any of you that play games, know kids that play games, have kids etc....
What do you know about Minecraft? Is it good? Is it suitable for a 7 yr. old boy?
My son plays angry birds (all versions), where's my water? and a bunch of other ones but a lot his friends are playing Minecraft and I don't know anything about it.....

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
TOO funny, Vae! My biggest dog was a Great Pyrenees. He topped out at about 140. Most definitely not a lap dog unless you had already called the ambulance.

WE had one too! He thought he was a lap dog, but he would crush you.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

My kids all play it, they love it. Seems okay from what I have watched. No violence, cursing, or anything like that. Mostly it is like building stuff.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

LOL, that's one of our favorite cartoons ... and a sight at our house every night of the week. We HAD to buy a king size bed because they sleep with us ... and we HAD to buy the big sectional because someone was always getting left out when we just had a sofa & loveseat. Now we are all one big happy family. Usually. LOL!

Darla hope your evening improves. Bubble baths and puppy kisses ALWAYS help everything!!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

I am playing Pyramid solitaire and I think I shall die there at certain levels too and then suddenly something happens and miracles I beat the level

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Ugh. The last 15 minutes of the day is always the slowest to pass.
Ms Tanya, I plan on getting lots of puppy kisses when I get home, and the longest bubble bath I can take. I'll be so pruned up, my skin may never go back to normal, lol.
Poor Toodles had a rough day yesterday! With all the foundation work being done, and the foreman was in and out quite a bit, pup didn't know whether to $hit or go blind, lol! He normally hides under the bed, but the foreman was in that bedroom a lot, watching the cracks as they did the lift, so Tood managed to squeeze himself behind the toilet in the hall bathroom, then it took me nearly an hour to coax him out after the crew left. Bless his little heart, he is so OCD and any little thing just upsets his apple cart, but this really did! I guess I'm going to be forced into getting him some kind of little doggie downers so he won't get so stressed out whenever anything out of the routine happens.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I haven't played any of the games so I haven't got a clue-LOL

No art journal yet, Darla. Maybe somebody could just mail me a piece of blank paper so I don't feel so left out or something. Just to tide me over. LOL

I'm so sorry about the family issues though. I'll do yours in and you do the mine guys in and neither of us will ever get caught. Just like the old Hitchcock movie, Strangers on a Train I think. And everybody here will alibi us on the thread because we really were here being extra witty. Deal?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

So is your floor all leveled out now Darla? Did they do a good job with the piers as well as traumatizing poor Toodles?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

I'm back! And I have about a hundred pages to read, so please forgive me if I come back tomorrow when I've caught up? Or the next day maybe?

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Darla~Somehow it doesn't sound reassuring that as they're fixing your foundation, one guy has to watch the cracks. Hopefully old cracks and not new ones!

Sorry you're having family issues today...and game issues, which I really get upset about. I play games on pogo...a site that I pay to play so I get more games, no ads, etc., but sometimes it is impossible to get anywhere on a game. I haven't looked the definition up for "game", but to me it's something that should give some pleasure. It's no pleasure when I never get to win! I might be playing with a robot who is dealt all royals and aces and I get one 5, one 2, one 8...you get the idea. Now, if it happens to be a game that I need one 5, one 2, and one 8...I'll be dealt all the royals and aces.

You might actually like our 69 on Monday because the one good thing we have is our humidity. Sometimes it gets real low or high, but usually it's in the 30-40% range, I guess, so 69 probably would feel better to you than your 69. I'm used to Denver's super-low humidity when winter was a time of having my dress hem twisted around my neck, thanks to static cling/creep and getting shocked every time I'd touch something metal. I love the Deep South humidity and my hair really loves it...it actually has a little bit of a natural curl in it then. I still need to check on Tahiti.

We had a big Gordon Setter one time that thought he was a lap dog. What I thought of with Vae's cartoon was all the hairs that would be embedded in all my crafting projects :>) I always said I was going to get a loom and make yarn out of the hair that our daughter's yellow lab shed. Sheesh...a bit much!

Alison, I don't know about the game, but I'll send an e-mail to a couple grandkids...and their mom...who might know something about it. And I agree—Canada is beautiful. I still want to get over around Newfoundland and Labrador and up to Yellowknife, NWT. If you ever get a chance to go to Dawson City, YT, it's a fun town to visit—home of Jack London and poet, Robert Service.

OK, gotta get busy doing something again. I think I'm fighting one of your dadgum bugs...just no energy, no appetite...all I want to do izzzzzzz

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

ROBERT SERVICE!!!!! I didn't think anybody knew of him! I've got the old books my grandmother and her brother would read of his and that they read to my Mom. Brought a smile to my face you mentioning that, Judy!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Rosey and Alison...I can tell you right now that my cards for your birthday will NOT be there on time. It will take me till then just to find my table :>) (I wonder if Lesson 1 on the Organization Class will be "Finding Your Workspace"?) Maybe there's a chance for yours, Alison, but I wouldn't count on it.

Anne and Vae...I owe you some kind of cards. I didn't have your addresses in time for birthday cards...and also, I don't make cards. That's what I keep telling myself... ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Gin, It was fun when I was there because I went with my best friend (who died a couple of years ago) and her daughter, who was around 12, I guess back then in 1993. Kasi, the daughter, had read Jack London books but it never really hit her that he was "real" until we went to his cabin. We also went to Robert Service's cabin and she bought several of his books to read while we drove. That's why I love traveling with kids. We don't go to DisneyWorld, etc., but mostly hit the historical places. I loved seeing my granddaughter when she was around 8 and we went to Jamestown, VA. She saw the statue of Pocahontas and just kept saying, "She's real, she's real"...since she had thought she was only a Disney movie. My friend's daughter was the same way when we visited Davey Crockett's log cabin and the Alamo...he wasn't just a Disney character.

Note: We've had lots of fun trips to Disneyland...nothing wrong with amusement parks, but it's just nice to have fun with some learning experiences also. Like playing London Bridges while walking across the London Bridge that is now across the Colorado River. We got a few stares, laughs, and horn honks, but it's something we still remember doing.~Judy

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Love that way of traveling Judy! I remember so many of the stories about when, whoever it was, had been down the same road before with so and so. More family history, though we'd always stop at the "hysterical" markers, because that was so "funny." I'll always remember the trips where we made our own fun more.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to gin1902

O geez...the snake around my ankle would literally KILL ME!!! IDK what I would do in reality...but jump out of the car immediately at a high rate of speed might be close. Me at a high rate of speed, not necessarily the car!!! UGH, there is NOTHING I dislike more intensely/am scared [email protected] of than snakes! I love to yardsale, and once heard of a man who bought a box of junk, stuck it in his backseat, n sure 'nuff, a snake crawled out at him!!! hello, note to self, never buy a box of junk...and I have heard of snakes in the watermelon crates in Sam's Club...the farmers put those huge crates in the fields to fill with watermelons n pumpkins n such, then use a tractor fitted with a forklift to lift onto the delivery trucks, apparently snakes crawl in n they see them in the stores all the time!!! I don't normally buy watermelons for this reason...

Thanks Anne, Tanya and Stephanie for FB friending me! Woohoo!! now i am up to like 72 friends! lol!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

wow, even [email protected] is highlighted in red...awesome. i will say it alot more often now, cause its pretty!

Edited by Juansmom on 04-30-13 03:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Hey, y'all, I'm here, for a few anyway.
Let's see, where to start, lol,
Gin, it wasn't really the floor that was off kilter, although thanks to what the rest of the house was doing, it had a definite slope. But at least now the front half of the house has been fixed. The back half has not, because the *#%{€++£ that came out a few weeks ago, said the front side piers would fix all the problem, even when I told him it wouldn't. Of course we need 4 more across the back, well duh!

Edited by chocolateaxel on 04-30-13 05:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Ms Cali Judy, if you've ever been inside a house that is being lifted, you'd be really glad the foreman is inside to watch and communicate with the lifters so they don't overlift and cause more problems, lol. The noise is horrific, it sounds like the whole thing is about to collapse, lol.
Not sure if I would like your 69 degrees with the humidity, humidity is not my friend! In fact, we aren't even on speaking terms! As much as I love the Houston area, I detest the heat and humidity there.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I was wondering why they would highlight the very words they won't let you actually spell out, lol! What a load of [email protected]!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Oh, Darla! Does that mean they have to come back and do the back 4? I'm so sorry! It sounds like it sounded awful and I'd have been completely freaked out that everything I own was on the verge of breaking. I'd have been hiding with Toodles for sure.

In good news, 'cause we sure need some: we're making glitter bombs and they're TOO ADORABLE CUTE. I don't think I could throw one at somebody if I had to!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Did someone call a secret meeting to which I wasn't invited? Where is everybody?!?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Yes, unfortunately, they are going to have to come back out to do the 4 across the back. Which means I have to take more time off work, which is going to just thrill my boss, which just makes me jump for joy, etc, etc. A real trickle down effect. Many years ago, I spent 5 years working as an insurance adjuster, and part of that time I handled foundation claims, lol, so none of this is any surprise to me. I told the guy that came out that we were going to need 4 across the back, he argued with me, no, no, the ones on the side would take care of the whole problem. [email protected]!
The noise didn't bother me, but it sure scared the willies out of Toodles!
I can't wait to see the glitter bombs! I bet they are so precious!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Cool! They highlight all the curse words, lol!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Sorry, Darla...I thought I was enticing you with 30-40% humidity. I thought that was pretty low. OK...I guess I'll have to stay here instead of moving to Tahiti on the cold days since you won't be here to house sit and keep those paper/glitter thieves away. Oh...but you're one of them, so I guess it wouldn't do much good to have you as the guard, would it?

I'm trying to figure out paint colors for the entry, which will be the same for the living/dining rooms/hall/and the kitchen has to go with it...so I need to make sure it's the tint I really want. We bought one color and the coat and game closets are painted with it, but I don't know if it's darker than I wanted...but it will be lighter on the walls that aren't in closets. I'm so tired of making decisions. I wish Pub. Clearinghouse would just drop off my zillion dollar check and I'd pay someone to just figure it out. It's all stuff I actually enjoy doing, but there are too many decisions that need to be made with all parts of the house...and paint has gotten so stinkin' expensive that it's not like buying a gallon, then painting over it if we don't like it. With tax and CA's paint-recycling fee (which I don't understand since we seldom peel the paint off our walls to get rid of it), it's close to $50/gallon. Remember when paint used to be a "cheap make-over"?

I'm not sure I'll do the organizing class. I may be a drop-out on my first day of school, but I always say it's really stupid for kids to drop out in their senior year. If you're going to drop out, do it in kindergarten...so that's what I may do.

Oh, and the noise with your house, Darla. I don't think I would have had the nerve to stay in it. I imagine in sue-happy CA they'd make the people get out of the house. I really want to move to Tahiti... ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Did you notice that if you point at the highlighted words, you can send an e-mail directly to &#(&$*#)( ? I guess this is some more of the new and improved site, right? ~Judy

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Ugh, Darla. Not a surprise or not, it's still awful.

I can't believe how CUTE they are-LOL! Ended up detinselizing a few more fuses, but these are just too fun. Hope to mail them out early next week. I just hope you guys like them even half as much as I do!

I for one am thrilled, thrilled, I tell you to be able to email directly to &#(&$*#)( ? . Aren't you? Don't you have all kinds of things you've always wanted, nay, needed to say to &#(&$*#)( ? and here's your chance?

So...the class? Just not what you expected or needed?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Ms Judy, when you get your zillion dollars, would you share? I don't want much, just enough to get me to a cold climate, Alaska or somewhere like that. You can use the rest of it to move to Tahiti or somewhere equally tropical and icky hot, lol. Sorry, no enticement with the humidity. Heat, or humidity, but especially heat and humidity together, combine to make me extremely yucky feeling and cranky like an old bear that has been slapped in the booty with a handful of cactus.
I've been in so many houses while a foundation lift was going on, I didn't notice it at first, lol. Guess I'm oblivious.
Why are you planning on dropping out already? You notice I didn't sign up, right? Lol! I have at least a dozen magazines and books on organizing plus have taken similar online classes as this one, and the one thing I really learned from all of them was that organizing could be a very expensive undertaking, with all the containers, etc. that are advocated. I do want to get more organized but don't want to put a lot of money into it because I know the way I craft, it won't stay that way very long. But I do need the basic organization done so it isn't such a chore to clean up and regroup after just one simple project.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-30-13 06:53 PM

Hi all

Gin, I can't WAIT to see the glitterbombs!!!

Darla, GRRRRR

Judy,
Ok I didn't have an icon for paint frustration but I know how you like elephants so there ya go.

We were finishing up a movie. I ended up falling asleep at least twice, maybe 3 times during and it was only the 2nd half... we watched the first half last night. I'm so exhausted... I need to whip up something quick with my cricut and get it posted for a challenge that ends today, then I need to take my behind to bed.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I did not know I could send an email to &#(&$*#)(?, but boy do I have some things to say! LOL!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

So what movie did you sleep through, Vae? Lol!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Vae

I'm here. Sorta. I have been so exhausted for some reason. I have dr appt tomorrow w urologist in Edmond, so I will be off early.
Fingers crossed. Some issues w new meds, but hopefully he has a cure and scans look clear. I'm tired of being "stoned". Kidney stones that is.
Oh so past ready to get my life back!!!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Good grief, Judy, I had no idea with all that paint was 50$/gallon! I don't even know HOW to recycle paint. If we've got a bit left in the can and we're REALLY not going to use it, we let it dry in the can and throw it away. That way it's not hazardous or whatever it is you're supposed to watch out for when it's disposed of wet. You're right, paint used to be the least expensive fix.

That's quite a colorful and motion oriented post there, Vae. It's almost as colorful as our counter tops, floor, sink, husband, self..... Glitter bombs to be mailed out Monday-most probably!

I'm sorry, Sheryl~I hope things go well for you tomorrow. I'll be extra thinking about you for sure!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Hi, Ms Sheryl! And best of luck tomorrow at the doctor!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

So tired, I'm headed to bed early. Maybe I'll fall asleep in a movie too. If I don't fall asleep deciding which one to watch first.

See you guys tomorrow. I hope all of us have a better day!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-30-13 07:37 PM
In response to gin1902

Awww Sheryl good luck tomorrow!!! I think we are all pretty tired around here lately. Was it just me or was April a long @ss month?

I fell asleep during Les Miserables. Everyone told me how good the movie was, so we waited until it came out on Redbox. I can usually count on not being very impressed when people talk a movie up too much. Plus I saw it live and that was MUCH better IMO.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

With all the falling asleep everyone is doing, I was playing a solitaire-type game on pogo and kept falling asleep. And then I wonder why I don't get anythng done.

I would like to see if there are any new ideas for organizing, but I know I can't organize where I'm working. I have a table and most all of my stuff next to my computer desk. I know that I need to clean out all of hubby's stuff that's in the craft room and get it moved into the used-to-be guest room, but I need to clean out the u-t-b-guest room before I can move hubby into it. Whew...are you following? In other words, I need a hurricane to blow through like in a cartoon and move everything from one room to another...and then I can truly start organizing.

Darla...wasn't trying to aggravate you, but I really thought our Monday weather was your type. However, Alaska really is a nice place and I think all the residents still get a bonus just for living there every year. Although, when we were in Fairbanks on the 4th of July one year, it was around 90°. Have you looked into houses at the South Pole? :>)

Sheryl...I didn't realize you'd been dealing with kidney stones lately. Hubby has had them lots of times, so I know the pain they can cause. Hope your dr. appt. goes good tomorrow.

Gin, it sounds like bomb-making would be a good career choice for you...and somebody has to do it :>) Maybe you could get a job at a fireworks-stuffing plant. Think of all the big vats of glitter you could use then!

I know our trash company says to let paint dry out, leave the lid off so they can see it's dry, and throw it in the trash...but CA found another way to make some money by putting a recycling fee on just about everything. They'll be charging us per flush before long to pay for the recycling.

So, we still get rid of paint cans like we always have, but pay a fee per can of paint, varnish, paint remover, spray paint, roofing tar, etc., etc., etc. Plus, as if housing costs aren't high enough here...and the paint recycling obviously raises the costs to build...they also added a recycling fee for any wood that is sold for building...and probably lots of things besides wood. I know it's on drywall. Basically anything you need to build a house has a recycle fee added. Welcome to California...It's changed drastically since we actually wanted to live here.

Gonna try to stay awake and get something done. Good night, all~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-30-13 08:34 PM

Alright kids I'm going to bed. I finished my card... just kind of threw it together because I had to have it in by midnight for the challenge. It's extremely simple but kind of cute. Tanya, you might like it, it has a PANDA on it I think I'll send it to my sister... I haven't sent her one yet.

I've gone into about 2 dozen gas stations and stores looking for postcards. I even looked all over the airport last time I was there and they literally only had 4 to choose from and they all sucked. SO... yeah... I might have to get some NON Texas postcards. Next week I'm in Nashville... I may pick some up there.

Anyway, going to bed. G'night!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Vae

Good morning all! Hump Day!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSEY! Hope it is a great day for you.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

I'll second that Tammy, Happy birthday Rosie, and Alison.

Darla, Why not come over to England, its never too hot in fact sometimes its blasted cold. Can I say that? I'm not sure what words are not politically correct in the USA we say c*rap like as a *not* swear word but sh*t is doh!! so sorry if I've offended anyone.
Off to pack a small suitcase for spain next week. Just a quickie away before the half term break when the holiday companies put their prices up!! Like thats fair, 'cos kids can't have time out of school , their parents get fined but the holiday prices are extortionate when they are off school I'll check out if there are any different postcards in the airport, thanks Vae I'd never have thought about that, they may have ones of further afield than Manchester.
A x

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Hi everyone! Sorry for being MIA yesterday. I had to try and do something at work because today is a holiday (yay!) and tomorrow and Friday are defense days so not a lot of work will get done.

I've played Minecraft before and it's a very safe game for kids. The most violence in it is killing the crawlers and zombies. And you can kill pigs for bacon if you want. But basically everything is in block form and you mine supplies so you can build houses and things like that. The ONLY thing I would be concerned about is playing on a world-wide server as there are also 40 year old men who play this all day and [email protected] twenty-somethings who'll swear a lot in the server. So if he wants to play with his friends they should probably be in a private server to avoid that. But overall I think it's safe.

The paper with the clock on it that Vae posted is the correct photo. I did some math and with shipping and handling it's $1.20 a page. So not that bad when you think about how much it would cost just to ship one or two.

Gin...glitter bombs huh?? They are SOO tiny!!! I'd love me some Glitter bombs, round or flat bottomed, just not sure on the color since you have SO MANY PRETTY COLORS!!! I love the vintage red, and the blue that's in the longer vial. But you are too creative!!! Imagine going to a crop decked out in GB earrings!!

Okay, so since I'm off today it's photo editing/printing day. Maybe disney movie day as well. Definitely laundry day. Looks like I should get moving!!

-Stephanie

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SJB1120

Scratch what I said about the Timepiece Clockwork Die Cut, as the place I found it has sold out As has the two other places I had found it. I did find some single sheets though, so I guess I'll be doing that. If anyone wants some though let me know I'll hook you up with where ever I buy them from! Thanks for the help!!

-Stephanie

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SJB1120

Happy Birthday Allison - didn't realize it was your birthday as well. It is also my dd's birthday - can't wait to see her in a few days.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

btw Stephanie - excellent photos you posted on FB.

Chris - I can't find the post with your fb name - can you add me Tammy Spruce.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SJB1120

Happy birthday Alison and Rosey!

I hope you both have a great day!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Hey, y'all! I'm back, and more than happy it's Wednesday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSEY AND ALISON!!!!! So sorry, your cards are going to be late, but that seems to be the story of my life these days, lol! I also have post cards to send everybody, but those are still sitting on my craft table waiting to be addressed. Sheesh, working sure does interfere with the more important things in my life!
And as if work doesn't interfere enough, tomorrow I am taking a half day off to go to Tulsa to help my sister finish her move to Lawton. You'd think at her age, she would have it more together and not leave so many things until last minute, then depend on others to bail her out. More and more I question my sanity when I thought I wanted to live closer to family!
Good luck at the doctor today, Ms Sheryl! I hope you get a clean report and all is well!
I had a short text chat with Korybean last night, he's good just has been buried with all the chaos in his life.
Makes me wonder, seems the thread has been so quiet lately, is everyone just busier than usual, have the changes to the site turned people off, and with the warmer weather is everyone getting out of hibernation and spending more time outside? Y'all know I'm just the opposite, I hibernate in the summer, the only outdoors I do is to walk the pup, and that is necessity not because I want to, lol. Although we do walk shorter distance in the summer, with his thick coat he isn't tolerant of the heat either.
Ms Tanya, I'm stuck on level 75 in Candy Crush, looks like I'll be there quite a while, probably the rest of my life or until I just give up, lol!
Okay, time to get to work, ugh.
Hope y'all have a great day!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Mornin' Y'all!

Alison & Rosey - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm a complete tool - I haven't sent anyone birthday cards or postcards. :/ My apologies!!

Sheryl - good luck at the doctor today, and maybe you can get a couple of scrappy stops in while you're in OKC!

Vae - looking forward to seeing your panda card!

Having a hard time getting motivated today ... need to cross some things off my To Do List. I'll check back in later!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 05:39 AM
In response to tanyaham

Good morning all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSEY!!!!

(I think Alison's birthday is on Sunday?)

How's everyone doing? It really has been pretty quiet around here. I think it's part to do with the site changes and part to do with everyone being so busy. I know I've missed everyone though!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Ms Sheryl, I just had a thought, since you're going to be in Edmond at the doctor, maybe you will have time to go by and see if the new owner has Paper Arts open yet. She moved the location, I think it's at or near 2nd and Fretz now. I haven't had a chance to go by there, plus I don't want to run into you-know-who if she stayed on as an employee, lol!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Ooh yeah - Sheryl needs to don her trenchcoat today and do some recon ...
*oh how I wish there were a smilie for that*

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Perfect opportunity for Ms Sheryl to put on her trenchcoat and dark glasses, lol. Although as warm as it is, she may attract attention!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Morning, ya'll!

First day back @ work, and I'm so not wanting to be here. I'm feeling so blue & depressed today, and just want to be home!

Happy Birthday, Rosey! And I know I missed wishing Judy D. a good one. When I can get back in my scraproom, I'll get cards out to you. I know they'll be late, but at least you'll know I thought of you!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

• SJB1120 Said:

Gin...glitter bombs huh?? They are SOO tiny!!! I'd love me some Glitter bombs, round or flat bottomed, just not sure on the color since you have SO MANY PRETTY COLORS!!! I love the vintage red, and the blue that's in the longer vial. But you are too creative!!! Imagine going to a crop decked out in GB earrings!!

-Stephanie

Red and blue it is! Er, they are! And no worries on the paper-I'm not surprised it's sold out. I really like it and it's the kind you could use for a lot of different projects.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Happy Birthday Rosey!

Hi Anne! Looking through the brochures you sent-you've got lots of really interesting places there! Thanks for sending!

Hi Judy-nice to see you here today.

Tanya, I couldn't agree more, why isn't there a trench coated smiley!

I hibernate in summer too, Darla. One thing that helps with the dog walking is to do it at night-it's at least a tiny, if not all that noticeable, bit cooler.

Hi Tammy~exciting you're traveling! How long is the plane flight or are you swimming across?

Vae, will peek at your panda card.

Edited by gin1 on 05-01-13 07:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I reread my "round or flat bottom" comment and it sounds SO different to me now than it did this morning...

And I can send you where I'm getting the clocks from if you want any!

-Stephanie

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to flintridgescrapper

Hi, Ms Okie Judy! I'm so sorry you're feeling blue today. I know it's hard to imagine, but eventually things get easier. When I lost my mother, the littlest things would trigger a memory and of course make me feel the loss, but over time it's gotten easier to have my memories without the pain. Know that I'm thinking of you, if you need to talk, just a shoulder, whatever I'm here for you. I think it's safe to say we're all here for you!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Vae, I just checked out your panda card, too cute!! You have some carts I don't have, we need to compare notes, there are some images I'd love to have a few cuts from, but don't want the whole cart, maybe I have something you'd like and we can make some trades.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Is it too obvious that I don't feel at all like working today? LOL!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I think I'm out of the flat bottom round ones, Stephanie. I do have round ones that won't stand up by themselves, flask shaped ones that sometimes can stand up and the pointy ended ones. Also, I'm assuming you want fuses?

I don't feel like doing anything today either, Darla. Let's just go to lunch somewhere, k?

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I can do the round ones, they don't have to stand up. Do you have fuses???! Fuses are awesome!!!

-Stephanie

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

• chocolateaxel Said:
Hi, Ms Okie Judy! I'm so sorry you're feeling blue today. I know it's hard to imagine, but eventually things get easier. When I lost my mother, the littlest things would trigger a memory and of course make me feel the loss, but over time it's gotten easier to have my memories without the pain. Know that I'm thinking of you, if you need to talk, just a shoulder, whatever I'm here for you. I think it's safe to say we're all here for you!

Thank you so much!

I wanna share one story and a picture from the last couple of weeks if ya'll don't mind. My Dad loved his dog. It was an outdoor dog and had never been in the house. The hospice nurse told us if there was something that he really liked that it would be beneficial to bring it in & let him talk to it etc. So my brother put the dog on a chain and he had to nearly drag it in because the dog had never been in. However, when she seen my dad, she went to the bed and sat down and never moved. My dad was able to pet her on the head & talk to her. When he stopped petting her, she nuzzled his hand, and then laid her head over into his hand. You talk about sweet and touching! Then when it was time to go, my brother had to DRAG her OUT of the house then. She didn't want to leave my dad!

This picture was taken with a phone & was dark. I tried to lighten it up some so you could see!
My Daddy & His Dog By Flintridgescrapper

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

Glad to do fuses, Stephanie and round will be no problem at all! Will be mailing out hopefully Monday.

I hope Sheryl is doing okay today at the doctors.

Judy, I second Darla's comments. My Mom died a little over 5 years ago and while I miss her so, so much and the little things bring back a flood of memories, it's nice that I remember more now of how she lived rather than how she died. I hope that makes sense, I don't think I said it very well, but now when I think of her, it's more of the fond memories and fun and all the wonderful things rather than the last part. It's hard no matter what though and I'm so sorry for today.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Oh, Judy, your picture of the dog and your dad is so beautiful. It's a very moving picture. Thank you for sharing it with us.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

Gin, Do you want my US address?? I don't want you to have to pay copious fees to send me glitter bombs overseas. Plus I don't know how you fill out a customs form with that information..

-Stephanie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 09:19 AM
In response to SJB1120

Judy, hugs to you. I know it's rough. We are all here for you.

Darla, aww thanks hun I'll be glad to cut some shapes for you. I don't have very many carts but I will send you a list of the ones I have.

Gin, I wanna go to lunch tooooo!!!

Today has been a totally crappy day. I can't wait to get out of here and I still have like 6 hours left.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

That's a good point... I could call them "glitter ornaments" which in fact they are, but the whole fuse thing makes 'em look, oh, I just can't say dangerous because they're just too cute and you simply can't get around that! Either way-if you'd like them sooner and in Germany, I can mail to you there. (I'll leave it up to you-PM me your US address if you'd rather that.) I'll list them as jewelry on the customs form. My postmistress has me not package or tape anything up when I bring overseas stuff in, so she'll know what to write and we'll be fine as long as I don't slip up and call them glitter bombs. LOL

Edited by gin1 on 05-01-13 09:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

You're fun to have a meal with Jarvae! It's been a bad day here too, but I'm trying to get unstuck with things. LOL Trying being the key word there...LOL

It's a LOT colder-we had ice in the bird waters, but we didn't get any of the snow. Very cold wind though. Not the kite flying, fun wind either! Brrrr! It's Darla weather here today!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SJB1120

Okie Judy, that is a good pic and story.

I'll go by the new Paper Art today. I have to meet son and his new place is somewhere on 2nd. Hope I get hold of him, because all I know is by a Freddy's Custard.

But can I ditch the trench today? If I wear a trench, it'll have to be the only thing I have on cause it's gonna be kinda warm. Of course, that would amuse the doctor too.

I'll be sure to wear the shades and see if I can sneak a couple of pics. I've practices my around the corner shots spying on a lady at work and her not really Boyfriend.

Gotta go, need to look up how to get where I'm going. Yes, I've been there before, but so. I've lost my car at work before. But that's for another story. Later!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

I have a signature now! And I (finally!) figured out how to do it-BY MYSELF! LOL!!! Really, I don't know why there isn't a prize. Is there a prize?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Good luck Sheryl and I want to hear more about the " her not really Boyfriend" part!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy, this is such a beautiful and moving story and photo, you have me tearing up here at my desk. It is such a testament to the power of the love and devotion we receive from our pets. And I know it must have given your dad a tremendous feeling of peace and contentment to have that time with his pup. What an awesome memory to treasure!
I think I told y'all this story of my pup, while I was so ill before my surgery, if so I apologize for repeating myself but Judy's story reminded me, lol:
when I was in such pain before my surgery, about all I could do was sleep and maybe watch a little tv, so I was basically laying on the couch 18-20 hours a day. One day I woke from a nap and felt really heavy, not quite right. While I was sleeping, my pup had brought almost all his plushy toys and laid them on top of me, all clustered up. I guess he thought since they made him happy maybe they would help mommy too. I don't know. I thought it was so sweet though!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 09:29 AM
In response to gin1902

Judy that is such a sweet story Makes me smile

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

Judy that is a beautiful story

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 09:33 AM

• chocolateaxel Said:
I guess he thought since they made him happy maybe they would help mommy too. I don't know. I thought it was so sweet though!

And he was right! They did make you feel better Such a sweet story!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Okie dokie, Gin, I give, what is your signature? LOL!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

umm Gin did you remove your siggy?

It is 7 hrs 35 going over and 6 hours 50 coming back - yuck - anything over 2 hours and I hate it but it will be worth it! And my Momma MIGHT drive up from Nova Scotia while I am there in Ontario - we'll see.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Just a question, is anybody's screen wonky today? Mine is like off center, so the right half inch or so can't be read unless I scroll it sideways. I've never had to do that before.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Ms Sheryl, does your son live in the new apartments they recently built near Freddy's, just a couple of miles or so off I35? Those look like really nice apartments.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

IT'S A CAT!!!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

For a minute there, I thought you were having a seizure or something, Stephanie! Then I figured out to what you were referring, and I think you're right!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I love that story Darla! And it worked too! That's just too sweet.

One of our cats is still very feral. You can't pet her, you can't medicate her, you can't get near her, you can't even look at her without making her uncomfortable! But when one of Dennis's friends was killed at work, he came home and was sitting in the rocking chair and the cat climbed up into his lap and just stayed there. Poor Dennis was afraid to move! It was just too sweet and so unusual. Animals are wonderful.

That's one looooooonnnnnnngggg flight, Tammy! I hope you can see your mom though!

I never had a signature, and this new box thingy was really starting to bother me so since I guess I have to have it, I might as well put something in it. So there's a kitty. It's supposed to be a kitty. Follow the little bits of cat food all the way to the end of the box... If it really doesn't look like a kitty, I'll try to find something else.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

• SJB1120 Said:
IT'S A CAT!!!!!

You win the pony! It IS a cat!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics