Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to chocolateaxel

I see Dr Renouard. He's so funny! We get along great. He's the hubs fav of all my drs because they sit and talk fishing and boats when I have surgery.

Son lives at Legacy Woods right by Freddy's. Looked like they were new. I ended up meeting him at his work.

It was LeBlanche stamps. I got:

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 05:26 PM
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
I had to hurry. The wind was catching the tail of my trench coat. And. Well, Remember, it was a warm day today.

LOL Sheryl you've got me all creased up!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 05:26 PM
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Vae, I picked you up a surprise today. Maybe I'll get it and Gins mailed.

Oooh yay! Happy Mail! Thank youuuuu

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 05:28 PM
In response to Vae

Judy, I'm in the same boat. I took pics of my living room and I don't even know if I can bring myself to post them... it's so bad. LOL.

My card to Rosey will be fashionably late as well. Judy, you should be getting yours any day now... I think it went out in Monday's mail.

We just ate dinner out on the patio and as we were going out there hubs saw my computer... I still had the pic of Ricky Martin with the darth vader helmet up. He did a double take and then started to ask me what it was... then he just shook his head and said nevermind.

Edited by Vae on 05-01-13 05:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Vae

Maybe I'll send everybody's birthday cards out at once, then they'll either be early or late. Im usually so precise on that stuff. I have just been such a wreck at things lately!!

I want to get postcards from our museum and old governor mansion, but they have been redoing entrance and I can't find the temporary door. The mansion is just 3 doors down the street, and the museum is around the corner. I guess I should just walk over and go around till I can get in.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 05:57 PM
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl I'm glad things went okay today at the Dr. I do wish they could do something about the back pain though. I was reading on one of the challenge threads that one lady is having some kind of spinal cord device implanted for her pain... I don't know the details but I think it does some kind of electronic stimulation. Have you heard of that? Would that kind of thing help your back pain?

Have you had a chance to borrow your friend's magic device? I don't remember what it was called but I remember you saying it has really helped her.

Hugs to you!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

I HATE it when I hit Add Post and get Internet error and my post is gone. I need to learn to copy it before hitting the button.

Anyway, I have this vision of a lady in a wind-blown trench coat stealthily slinking around the outsides of the mansion and museum, trying all the doors and windows. Hopefully she'll soon find an unlocked door since I'm not sure how that trench coat would do for modesty in climbing over a windowsill...but the security guards keep well-entertained while they watch the cameras.

Maybe gin could make an emergency run to OKC with her ladder and the Trench Coat Lady could try some of the upper windows. There HAS to be a way in! Post cards are at stake!

I sure need to get sat-tv or something so I can watch OKC news. I bet they have some really entertaining stories ~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 06:04 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 06:05 PM
In response to Vae

LOL Judy. That's so funny coming from someone who claims to be embarrassed by some of the things on this thread.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Vae

I forgot all about asking her! I'll have to remember to ask her. She has the device implanted too. Hers didn't help that much. My secretary's mom does too. She said it has given her her life back. I'm SOOO much better on the meds than I was, I just hate to complain. So close, and yet so far. I'm going to find a way to exercise even if they say no. They don't know how stubborn I can be. Ok, maybe the Uro does. That's why he says I'll pay for his kids college rather than mind. LOL. I just think I'll feel better about everything if I can exercise or walk some.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Cali Judy, I was picturing the same thing. LOL. It's just that the sheriff lives over there...

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to SherylEb

I got glitter bombed too!! AND.....get this, I got another beautiful card in the mail today too! Thank you, Vae, so much!!!! It's beautiful!!!

I'm loving these postcards. Since we've got other Okies on here, does anyone want an Arkansas one? Since I'm so close to the line, it wouldn't be hard to get.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to flintridgescrapper

By the way, Darla, don't forget my PM!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, y'all, the newsletter has been sent for review. Now if they don't have any major re-do's in it, I should have that baby finished tomorrow evening, YAY!!
So much to comment on yet laughing too hard! This is the craziest bunch of peeps I've ever known! And I LOVE y'all!!
Now I'm off to PM-ville, who shall I gossip about tonight? Oh yeah, ME! LOL!
Back in a flash! And that's f-l-a-s-h, not flasher just to set you pervs straight, LOL!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Hey, Ms Sheryl, thanks for letting me know which stamps, lol. One of those is for Gin, the other is mine. I think the one that hasn't come in yet is also for Gin.
Ms Okie Judy, you have PM...........

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hopefully everyone here is of the forgiving sort, because I now realize that several cards are going to be late, but you know what they say - good things come to those who wait, lol!
I also have a wad of postcards to mail out, just as soon as I get them addressed, lol

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Where did everybody go?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Goodness, it's quiet in here. I hear crickets and night noises.
While y'all are off doing whatever y'all are doing, I'm gonna make the switcheroo from the computer back to the iPad so that the Tood and I can get all snuggly in bed.
Back in a few.............

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 07:02 PM

Hubs just finished boiling some water for my bath so I'm gonna go soak for a bit. Be back shortly (I get bored after about 20 min)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I'm back........
Vae? Boiled water for your bath? Does your apartment not have hot & cold running water? Lol!
Rosey? I know you're sleeping soundly as I type this, but I want you to see it first thing when you get online in your morning - you're a genius! I tried what you said with one of the pics in my gallery, worked like a charm! Thank you!! I didn't do the rest of them yet, I hate to lose the comments, again, so I am going to investigate to see if there is a way to replace a pic instead of having to delete it and start over. Might work, might not, lol.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Anybody else hear the echo in here? No? Probably because I'm obviously the only one here right now!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

As long as I seem to have the whole place to myself, I forgot to post earlier - Ms Tanya, I loved your blog yesterday with the memorial LO for Droopydoo. It was so precious, it nearly made me cry. But it was beautiful!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I've been busy cleaning up my work area from my last go-round of mess-making. How can I get everything I own out for three cards and one LO? I wanted to try some new techniques, so I guess that's why :>) I also just mixed six bottles of Lindy's sprays that have just been waiting for me to do something with them, so I've actually accomplished a little bit, but I need to get busy on more cards and LOs, so there goes all my hard work Also I have no clue where these six bottles of spray are going to go. I'm out of room...but I keep buying.

I was wondering about the boiling water also. At least she didn't mention boiling oil, so I guess that's at least good

I'm glad Rosey helped you with your pictures so now I won't have to stretch out on my desk to see them :>) Thinking of help...

Gin, while I was cleaning up my mess...and I had used embossing powder plus Perfect Pearl powders and Lindy's powders, so I had a MESS! Anyway, while I was cleaning it up I was thinking of you and your glitter. Do you have a lint roller—you know, the adhesive tape kind? I keep a couple in my work bag just to clean up little bits of whatever...paper, glitter, powder. It works great and usually can be found at 99¢ stores or wally-world.

I'll go check in on the Organizing site, take a couple of pictures of my cleaned-up version of my junk area, then get busy messing it all up again. I also want to look around the house—I think somewhere I have some flat turntables, like for kitchen cabinets for spices and stuff. I've got my spices on a couple :>), but I'm hoping to scrounge around and find another one to put my workbag on. I keep it on the tabletop, but whichever side is facing out, that's never the side I need. It would be nice to just give it a twirl...and probably watch everything fly out of it. Maybe that's not such a good idea...

Have a good night, everyone~Judy

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I think Vae is treated like royalty. He probably feeds her grapes, and fans her with a palm leaf (which is why he needs to add boiled water).

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 07:54 PM
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl

Yes we have hot water but it runs out when the tub is only half full. So if I run the bath to the level of water I want, it's pretty well cold. We just boil two stock pots full of water and use the faucet to fill it the rest of the way up and it is perfect.

Although I love the grapes/palm leaf idea. I'll have to mention that to Rob for next time.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

I think you're right, Ms Sheryl! Peeled grapes, caviar, chilled wine, probably even some kind of decadent to-die-for chocolate as well. Lucky girl! Now I don't feel so bad that I think of Darth Vader every time I see her new name

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Vader! Did you see, Rosey's suggestion fixed my upside down pics in my gallery! Now I'm dancing to "I'm So Excited", lol!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 07:59 PM

NOW we're talking!! Although I don't like my grapes peeled. They're slimy and they remind me of eyeballs. When I was a kid for halloween the adults thought it was fun to blindfold us and make us reach into random bowls full of cold spaghetti, peeled grapes, and jello. But I'm ALL about the caviar and chocolate. Only not together. And can we add some gourmet cheeses? Oh and I'll need someone to ladel water onto my back and shoulders while someone else brushes my hair until it's like silk.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Vae—If you mention the grapes, palm leaves, etc. to Rob, make sure he understands he's doing this for you...not you for him! He might say it's a great idea and wait for you to start with the palm leaf :>)

My hubby doesn't do the palm leaf thing, but he does go out and get me a flower every single morning. I come out of the shower and it's sitting on my dresser with a little Dove's dark chocolate and a glass of ice water. Perfect way to start a day. Sometimes the flower is wet if it's raining and sometimes it's a geranium when for some reason nothing else is blooming, but he always finds something. Now we're in the rose season so there are usually a bunch of roses waiting for me. I guess I'll keep him :>) ~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Sorry, doll, you have to submit all requests for special treatment through Rob. Our job is to give you grief for being a princess, lol!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 08:02 PM

• chocolateaxel Said:
Vader! Did you see, Rosey's suggestion fixed my upside down pics in my gallery! Now I'm dancing to "I'm So Excited", lol!

Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan Rosey has taught you well.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Caviar...where's the gag icon? (It says this little guy means "duh", but I'm using him for STOP...NO CAVIAR for me!~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Awwwww, what a sweet guy, Ms Judy! I'd say he's a keeper too!
And caviar? Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!! Nasty disgusting stuff! But gimme some gourmet cheeses, some wine, some chocolate, a man to wait on me hand and foot, oh yeah!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 08:05 PM

Awww Judy that is so romantic!

And you can give me all the grief you want. I worked really hard to get him properly trained and now I'm enjoying the fruits of my labor. LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Now if I can just magically replace the upside down pics with new and improved pics properly rotated so that I don't lose the sweet comments, I'll be in business, lol

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

When my guy is actually in town, he treats me pretty special, I can't complain. But I have had 30 years to train him, lol!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I tried caviar a couple of times when our daughter would bring it home from Siberia, but ewww. Of course it might help if I liked fish better. I can eat it, but I hate smelling it, so hubby cooks it—preferably outside on the grill.

Did you know that in Russia they use mayonnaise instead of tomato sauce-stuff on their pizzas? Just thinking of the caviar made me think of it. Tammy said it's actually good once you get used to the idea. In fact I think that's how she makes her pizzas now. Not me...~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

That doesn't even sound good, Judy! Sounds like a good way to ruin a pizza, lol! In some northern states, they use mayonnaise as a dipping sauce instead of ketchup for their fries, it isn't disgusting but I'll still take ketchup.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

[email protected]! I just saw a commercial for Pita Chips, now I'm hungry for hummus and pita chips! LOL!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 08:18 PM

I've only had a few types of caviar that I actually liked. Of course, it was the super expensive kind that doesn't taste as fishy. I can't stand the taste or smell of cooked fish. But I like sushi. Go figure.

I don't like mayo at all, so I'm gonna go ahead and order my pizza with tomato sauce like a normal texan.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I don't really care for mayo anyway, so I guess that's part of my problem :>) Out here pizza places are starting to carry pizzas with white alfredo sauce. I wonder if they're somewhat like those with mayo? The white sauce ones don't sound good. I guess I'm silly, but I want my pizza to taste like pizza :>) ~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I like most fish, depending on how it's cooked. But most of the foods I refuse to eat is based more on texture than taste. Some I dislike because of the taste, but most it's the texture, and caviar falls in the texture category.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I like mayo on certain things or in certain dishes, just like I like Miracle Whip in certain dishes or on certain things. But pizza should be with pizza sauce and fries should be with ketchup, in my opinion, lol

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Darla's wanting pita chips and I'm wanting pizza. Sushi goes right along in the Gag Category with caviar. Our oldest son and his two sons love sushi. They get it at least once a week. I tried it when we visited them, and I got it down, but I don't need to do it again! At the time, the youngest boy was around 3 or 4 and he thought it was so funny that Grandma didn't want to eat sushi.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

ICK!!! My hubs loves sushi, I can barely sit at the same table while he eats it! Same goes with raw oysters, he loves them and I can't even watch it's so nasty!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I like ketchup with fries, but I also like ranch dressing with them. OK, now I want pizza and fries and all I have is a pitcher of water...oh, and some trail mix...

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I like ranch dressing on a lot of stuff, too, it just seems to go well with so many things! I'm still hungry for some hummus!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

This is making me so hungry and it's past time I tried to get a little (very little) sleep before the clock so rudely go off

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Ugh on the oysters too. Raw or cooked. My friend used to love oysters so I tried and I couldn't swallow it. She said you had to eat it a certain way so you didn't feel it or taste it or something, then swallow fast. Why would I want to eat something that I have to pretend I'm not really eating? My mom said oyster stew was the standard Christmas Eve supper when she was a kid, but she got to eat a sandwich :>)

My dad's mom made oyster stuffing until one Thanksgiving she put her hand in her apron pocket and felt something slimey. An oyster had landed in her pocket and it grossed her out. We finally didn't have to keep picking oysters out of the stuffing :>)

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

OK...go to bed Darla and Vae...if you're still up. You two need your beauty rest so you'll be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed tomorrow.~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Gag!! I don't even want oysters in the same kitchen as the rest of my food! There are some things I can pick out if I dislike them, but oysters contaminate the whole dish! That stuffing would have been ruined as far as I'm concerned.
Of course, being from Texas, we don't do real stuffing, where you actually stuff it in the bird. We make dressing and cook it separate. I've had stuffing before and didn't like it, it had a nasty texture to it!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 08:36 PM

Oh I love raw oysters! As long as they're GOOD oysters and not from the icky gulf of mexico. But I can't stand oysters if they are cooked or smoked. GROSS.

Hubs likes to dip his pizza in ranch. Ick! I don't like that at all.

But I do like to dip my fries in the Frosty!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Yeah, I'm only working a half day tomorrow, but when I get off I'm going with my dad to Tulsa to get my sister finished moving her [email protected] back to Guthrie into a storage unit, so she can go on to her next contract in Lawton. Then I still get to get up before the crack of stupid to go to work Friday. Yippee.
Okay, y'all, I'm taking my hungry self off to dreamland. Sleep well, I enjoyed chatting with y'all tonight!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 08:37 PM
In response to Vae

Alright Judy, I went ahead and posted my pictures of my scrapspace on the organizing forum for ALL THE WORLD to see and make fun of me. Your turn

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 08:37 PM
In response to Vae

G'night Darla sleep well!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Nighters, Vader! Catch up with ya manana!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 08:54 PM

Today at lunch this invisible force field pulled me into a Michael's. Then it forced me to buy a pack of distress markers which were on sale for half off (pack of 5). My first ones Also a set of stickles, some clear cling stamps, and a bottle of tattered angels mist jumped into my bag. Then tonight I remembered that Lindy's was doing 20% off and free shipping over $40. I've never bought any Lindy's before so I figured today would be a good day. Of course, the things that are on my ACTUAL list (black glitter and an embossing buddy) did not find their way to me. Yet. Maybe J's will be calling to me tomorrow.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Vae

I'm pretty sure they don't have embossing buddy's in Texas. Yet.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-01-13 09:39 PM
In response to SherylEb

Yeah I haven't seen them anywhere. I can always pick one up at MHF when I'm there for the classes. If I remember. Lol

I special ordered a stamp there too... I wonder if it's come in yet.

Got the supplies list for the classes... wow I'm in over my head. Lol I'm going to have to get all that stuff together this weekend so I can see what I still need to buy.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

Okay, ketch-up time!

(see what I did there?)

Chris!!! I am going to Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH for my PhD, but I'll be living over the border in VT. I'm going to be specializing in Cancer Biology and Molecular Therapeutics. I'm not a genius, but I'm pretty close lol.
(Just kidding, this doesn't come naturally)

Well, there's a glitter bomb war going on and I'm missing all the fun?? Guess I'll have to wait for THAT to come through customs. If I mysteriously disappear from here, now you know why!

And speaking of mayo, that is what the Germans do! Everything is mayo and ketchup. Personally I like my fries with ketchup or barbecue sause, but currywurst sause is also amazing!!

And as for oysters I don't particularly like them, but I LOVE littlenecks and crab!!! OH RHODE ISLAND SPOILED ME!
No seafood where I live in Germany.

And Judy I want your husband's flower giving abilities to be passed on to my future husband. Once I find him that is...

Okay, I really should go back to work.

-Stephanie

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Rosey~On the beautiful card you made me...how did you do the white circle and the Happy Birthday tag? They're so smooth...didn't know if you used Glossy Accents or something else? And it's glittery "inside" the tag and the circle, so was the paper glittery, or did you add glitter before Glossy Accents...or whatever. In other words...how did you do it?~Judy

Thanks Judy!

I used a glitter card-stock, fantastically expensive and such fun to use. I'm not a big fan of the kind of glitter that falls off everywhere, but that glitter was kind of enclosed in the coating. I got it in Singapore - wish I had made a note of the manufacturer.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to RedSquirrel UK

oh dear Lord I am at work and blushing and laughing and just enjoying - I needed it today (it's a painful day) but I have an early finish at 4 instead of 5 and one day closer to vacation!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• chocolateaxel Said:
I'm back........
Vae? Boiled water for your bath? Does your apartment not have hot & cold running water? Lol!
Rosey? I know you're sleeping soundly as I type this, but I want you to see it first thing when you get online in your morning - you're a genius! I tried what you said with one of the pics in my gallery, worked like a charm! Thank you!! I didn't do the rest of them yet, I hate to lose the comments, again, so I am going to investigate to see if there is a way to replace a pic instead of having to delete it and start over. Might work, might not, lol.

Woohoo!

You shouldn't have to delete and start over if you change a photo. When you edit your image, immediately underneath the thumbnail of it, it says "Replace Image?" Under that, there is a place where you can browse to the new image, select it, and submit your changes. That will keep the original comments. I just tested it and it worked for me. Slow as a snail with a gammy foot, but it did finally work. Give it a try?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all! And happy Thursday! It's almost the weekend, hurray! Although this weekend is already shot to you know where, after the quick trip to Tulsa this afternoon and back home so I can work tomorrow, Saturday morning I will be getting up early to drive to Lawton to help my sister get settled into her apartment there, then home Sunday to crash for a very few hours before the start of another week. Ugh. One of these days, I'm going to grow a pair and learn how to say "NO"!
Rosey, thanks for all the help, as soon as I have a chance to get back on my computer at home I will be giving this a try. Stephanie also gave me some advice, thanks y'all!
Our cold front blew in yesterday evening, it is my kind of weather today! Cold, rainy, oooooh I love it!! And it feels so good after the past few days, it has already been far too hot for my taste! I'm going to enjoy these next couple of cold days, try to soak it up so at least the memory of decent weather will get me through the first part of summer, lol.
Stephanie, I don't have a clue what currywurst sauce is, but it doesn't sound very good, lol. Hopefully it tastes better than it sounds!
I'm still craving hummus and pita chips, but no chance to make it to the store until tomorrow after work, so I'll just keep dreaming about it.
Okay, time to start my day, hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

OMG! Y'all are brilliant! I tried replacing the image on one of my gallery pics, it worked! Y'all are the absolute best!! Thank you!
Okay, I have now replaced all the sideways images in my gallery, much better, lol. Again, y'all are awesome! Thank you!!

Edited by chocolateaxel on 05-02-13 05:05 AM. Reason for edit: Because my friends are the best!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 05:23 AM

Good morning everyone

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Good morning, Vader! I was beginning to think nobody else was going to wake up and come play with me!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 05:37 AM

I almost didn't. Very nearly called in today but I really need to conserve my vacation days for our move. So here I am. I really don't know if I'll make it the whole day though.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I'm here, but I'm about to go into a thesis defense! The world will be gaining another doctor if things go well!

-Stephanie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 05:50 AM
In response to SJB1120

GOOD LUCK STEPHANIE!!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Good luck, Stephanie! Have faith, you are going to be great!
Vader, are you sick? Or just exhausted? I'm so tired, I feel like I'm running on fumes. I really need some down time but not gonna happen for a while. Ugh. Anyway, I hope you're not sick!! It's only a week until y'all come back to OKC for the fantastic Dina Wakley classes and fun times!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 05:56 AM

Darla, my neck and back have been really hurting. I've had a headache for 4 days straight. It's all stress related but now I'm to the point of trying to get in to see a Dr.

I'm excited about the class, but also stressed. I'll be in Nashville until Thursday. Then hopefully I'll have enough time to get home and grab my bag (which I hope to already have packed) and drive up to OK. And the supplies list was just a tiny bit daunting. LOL

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

Good morning, ya'll!

Good luck, Stephanie! Hope it all goes well!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 06:12 AM

Good morning Judy! How are you today?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

I'm okay. I've got a lot to do today, so I think it will be a better day. I won't have so much time to think!

I left a comment in your gallery on my lovely card! What cartridge is the bird from? It's beautiful!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Doll, I hope it gets better! Do you see a chiropractor? Maybe you're out of whack and need an adjustment. Don't let the supply list throw you, just bring what you have on hand and anything else you need you can take from my stash. I have everything on the list, I think, so we will be covered. No sweat, my pet!
Hi, Ms Okie Judy! Hope today is a better day for you!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

And I just went to Tanya's gallery & left a comment on the one she made for me!

You guys are just the best!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 06:28 AM

Judy, it's good to have a busy day. Of course we'll supply you with plenty of reading material as well.

The cart I used was Pagoda. They have 2 hummingbirds on there. Love them!!

Darla, you are so sweet to let me use your supplies. Hey... are those prima flowers I see? Do you mind if I just use 10 of those? And some of those brads? And...and...

Oh are you taking both classes on Friday or just the first one?

I've been to the chiro twice... I went yesterday at lunch and then late last week when it first started up. I'll go again tomorrow too. But the root cause of it all is this gigantic knot that is deep in my shoulder. It pulls one of my ribs out of alignment. Then that creates a pinched nerve which travels up my neck and gives me a headache. Which really makes me tense and then I get this even bigger knot in my shoulder. They inject it about once a year and the rest of the time I just have to use my Tens/IF machine on it.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I know exactly what you're talking about, I have a couple of places in my neck and upper part of my shoulder that I have to get injected. Absolutely nothing else will make that muscle spasm release. Oh, sweetie, I hope it gets better soon!
Sure, come on in to my scrap room and just take whatever you need, lol!
I forgot to add, I'm only taking the first class Friday morning. I don't know why but the 2nd class just didn't grab me. I know it will be fun, Dina always has great classes, but that one just didn't hit the right button for me. Weird, I usually jump at anything new, lol.

Edited by chocolateaxel on 05-02-13 07:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 07:11 AM

It's only been a few months since I got my last injection and I've never had to get them more than once a year before. It's a little disconcerting.

The thing that grabbed me about the 2nd class was making your own hand bound book... I've been wanting to do this lately and even though I've looked up a million videos on it, I think I would actually DO it if I was in a class with someone telling me how. LOL. Plus it says we'll be using not just paper but cardboard and other things and I'm really looking forward to learning more about working with other materials.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

After I see it live and in person, I'll probably be sorry I didn't take the 2nd class, lol. However, the foundation guy is coming out at 2:00 that afternoon, supposedly needs to do another inspection, and I'm loaded to give him he!l for not listening to me in the first place!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Vae, I'm sorry you're hurting. Come and see me, I'll get you sorted out.

Judy flint, good to see you again.

Stephanie - I have no idea what you mean by a thesis defence but good luck all the same. I'll cross everything for you, although that will make bringing the washing in quite an interesting exercise.

Darla - I'm so glad you got your Gallery looking happier!

Tammy, I'm sorry you're hurting too. There are just too many ouchies around here.

HI Sheryl and everyone else who hasn't posted since I went to bed and got up again!

I had a lovely birthday! It was a glorious day, sunshine and warmth for the first time in months. Well since we got back a year ago actually, because we didn't really get a summer last year. The boiler guy came round yesterday at 8:30am (so much for my sleep-in) and when we went down to the boiler room, we surprised a beautiful stag that was just poking round the back garden. He trotted off but wasn't really spooked. Just delightful.

After he had left, I called my Mum and we chatted for ages, then my friend called for a chat, and the guy came to cut the grass and came in for a cup of tea so I got nothing done at all. When DH got home he gave me a pile of wonderful scrappy goodies. I got:
a Sizzlets gecko die
a set of owl stamps with greetings
a fence die
a "lawn ranger" stamp with greeting
sunburst and lightning embossing folders
some ribbon
and the papers attached, except that they weren't in the collection pack, they were just a selection of papers from each range. I did well!

Today I've done laundry, laundry and more laundry, changed the bed and baked 2 batches of flat bread. Just having a sit-down and catch-up before he gets home and I have to start tea. Now I'd better shut up and let the rest of you get a word in edgeways!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Rosey, what a great haul you made there! Can't wait to see what you create with all that.
Now why is everybody so quiet? With no chit chat going on, y'all forcing me to actually work, ugh!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Hi Everyone!

I should have clarified, I wasn't defending today! I was supporting a lab member, but the process is terrifying really and I have to do it in another six years. Basically you spend 5 years doing research on a particular topic (in my case it will be cancer-based). Then you have to write a book (literally) on what you've done and how you've contributed to the greater world. Then you have to take those 5-6 years and whittle it down to a half hour talk, followed by a half hour of Q&A. If you pass all these obstacles, you get your doctorate. I'm dreading it immensely, but it's several years away so I have some time.

I'm glad you had a nice birthday Rosey! And Allison I forgot to wish you happy birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Vae I understand the head/back issues. I have scoliosis and had to sleep with a back brace when I was a kid (I don't have a hump as an fyi) and am not supposed to carry a backpack, which is ridiculous considering I'll be in school for another 6 years. Here I don't have much I can do except crack my back and pop some pills. At home at least I have a nice mattress and a pillow that supports my neck. Here I'm too cheap to buy one.

Only 10 more weeks and I'll be home!!!

-Stephanie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 08:43 AM
In response to SJB1120

Rosey, sounds like a great day!! As it should be

Sunburst and lightning embossing folders? MUST HAVE!!

Stephanie, is your bed there super firm? I have the hardest time when I'm traveling in europe because the beds are usually SOO firm. Like, may as well be sleeping on the floor firm. I like a very soft bed. When we travel over there, we pick hotels based on the reviews of the bed. LOL.

Back is getting worse. Calling to see about getting an appt to get an injection but I doubt they'll be able to see me before then weekend and then I'm out all week next week. Ugh!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

It is so firm that my boss' carpeting in his house is softer. No lie. The mattress is on top of a wooden board.

I miss my cushions...

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Oh, no, they have to get you in before you leave town! Tell them I said so! I'm sure that will get you far, lol. Worst case scenario, if you're still hurting when you get here, I'll see if I can give you a little relief. I don't normally advertise this, but I am a licensed massage therapist, won't help like an injection but might at least get you through the weekend.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, y'all, nearly time for me to leave and go do my familial duty, ugh.
Vader, hope you get in for your injection and start feeling better!
Everyone else, hope you're all well and having a great day!
Hopefully I'll be able to chat a bit tonight, if not y'all have a wonderful evening and I'll catch up tomorrow

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I've been bombed! Glitter bombed by Terri! LOL! Thanks for the postcard, Terri! My bombing campaign is underway~construction of said GB's is complete in our secret lab (okay, kitchen counter top in front of the coffee maker), and I hope to announce Monday, "Bomb's Away!"

Making books from scratch sounds like fun-I hope there are pictures when you guys are done!

My goodness, Rosie, that's some birthday haul! WooHooYou!

Good grief, Stephanie, I'd miss cushions too! I'm getting back pain just thinking about it. I'm not worried in the least about your doctorate book and speech-you explained your crystals to us and why science is important and you've got a real gift of making it personal and important, as well as explaining the technical end of things.

You're too funny, Darla-last night amid your bubbles but I think Vae would spell it Vaedre or something way cooler.

I'm so sorry you're still in such pain Vae! I know just how awful it is and I'm soooooooo sorry!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 10:55 AM
In response to gin1902

Good luck Darla!!! How sweet of you to offer to help me out. I will let you know. I'll also have to remember to bring my Tens with me.

Hi Gin I'll be sure to take as many pictures as I can during and of course after. Of course, I don't know how messy it will be but I am pretty sure I'll have to be very careful having my camera around ANY of the supplies on the list they sent. LOL.

I just can't wait to see the glitter bombs! I hope it's there when I'm home for my 10 minutes between my trip and going to OKC

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

Hi Vae! Are you feeling any better? Any better at all?

Rough day here-LOL, but I've got pink blooms all over the tree just outside this window (so pretty!) and it's full of bees and hummers!

Edited by gin1 on 05-02-13 11:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

Thank you Gin. I hope so. My real goal for Grad school is to live a life outside of it. I really didn't do that in college and it almost broke me until my boss had a "you-can't-do-everything- over-achiever-interventio n." Then things started to get better. I just want to be able to come home and do things I like to do, spend time with people, read a book, watch tv. Simple things.

Like today I came home and colored. In a coloring book of my town. And I loved it.

-Stephanie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 11:13 AM
In response to gin1902

Aww Gin I'm sorry it's a rough day. Rough week really.

Nope, not really. Last night I did the shocker, had a bath (not at the same time, that's ALL Darla), and used biofreeze. Today it feels pretty much the same...maybe a bit worse.

But I just saw this picture and it made me smile and distracted me for a brief moment. Maybe it will make your day better too

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

Coloring is always good therapy. I think it's the colors themselves and it brings us back to when we were kids and the biggest next life changing decision was which shade of green to pick. I may go do some coloring myself today!

Your 10 weeks might go by pretty quick and you'll be so glad to be home. And in a decent bed!

Edited by gin1 on 05-02-13 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I think it will go by pretty quickly; plus we have several holidays this month so I won't be working all the time. I like work, but the days go by faster if you work for two days, off for one, then work another two days.

And my last two nights I'll be sleeping in a hotel!!

-Stephanie

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Aww... what a sweetie! I read a story once (sorry, can't remember the story, or the author) about a person who went to see elephants in the wild and one night one came to their tent and the person looked out the little screen window and was eye to eye with the elephant. Very cool.

Do you at least have a doctor's appointment? Soon?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

LOL-you and your happy banana guy are awfully excited about hotel room sleeping!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

I've been watching the alcoa osprey cam-the 2 new babies are so cute with their giant little heads. Oliveea and Oscar were feeding them this morning and it was so cool. LOL Their eagle cam broke and they've got another one up, but you can't see into that nest anymore, but those 2 babies are getting pretty big.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-02-13 11:26 AM
In response to gin1902

No I haven't been able to get in... I went to the chiro yesterday and I'll go again tomorrow. But the soonest I can get in for an injection is the 20th. double-UGH!!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SJB1120

Everyone needs some coloring time, Stephanie. I have a niece and nephew who are both preparing to leave for grad school. They're both basically geniuses...but mostly worried about leaving Mom's cooking :>) They've lived at home through basic college so no student loans and home cooking in exchange for slave-labor, as they call it :>) I know it's all an awful lot of work...but someday it will end I could never do what you're doing because I'd die before doing the Q&A...and I also hate science, so I guess I'd have to choose a different subject :>) Luckily, there are people like you and my niece/nephew who love science and are terrific in it!

Do you have a real bed? When Tammy (my daughter) was in Russia, she slept on something more like a cot, and it killed her back. It was also short...and she's only around 5'2", so I don't know what tall Siberian guys do. She often slept on the floor. Plus, it was narrow for her and she weighs like 2 pounds...maybe a little bit more :>) One Christmas she asked for money so she could buy something like a feather mattress and she finally started sleeping better. She was fortunate to usually rent apts. that were furnished, but once she had the typical apt. that was bare. I mean nothing. She had to put in any kitchen cabinets/shelving that she wanted and lug furniture that she managed to get from other people up the long stairways. I think they usually had little tiny stoves, fridges, and sinks and a basic bathroom, but that was it. Is Germany a little more civilized?

OK...quit reading and get your page colored :>) ~Judy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics