Page 4 of 101 
Username Post: PDF Part Deux        (Topic#1586731)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I am back inside after doing some mowing in this beautiful weather!
Darla- I hope the soak worked to lift your spirits!
Tammy- I am glad our bath worked wonders!
Gin- Hi the GB Queen!
Rosey- I am so sorry your migraine came back-- thinking good thoughts for you!
Tammy- Sounds like ya'll had a nice time! Want to hit the zoo with me when I come up?

I am off to make a "martini" using Razzmatazz Schnapps and Vodka- I hope it's good!
TTY in a bit

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

I really like container gardening and the raised bed look. And anything that makes gardening easier! We spend more time and energy critter proofing wherever we plant that all that chicken wire and field fencing kind of detracts from how pretty the flowers are though. Poor plants look like they're in prison or something.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

One thing about the containers, Darla is that you have to water them extra times. They dry out more than plants in the ground do, so we water ours twice a day and if they're droopy at all, we do it more.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I'm off to bed, still feeling meh but hoping I can sleep it off.

Good night!

-Stephanie

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SJB1120

good night Stephanie- I hope tomorrow finds you well!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to terrihooper

Gin, I made ornaments at Christmas with the floor wax and glitter. I used the clear acrylic, so they won't get broken, then just pour a little floor wax in. Swish around coating the whole insides. Don't shake too much because it causes bubbles. Then poured rest out. Let is drain a couple of second, then dump some glitter in. Shake, shake, shake!! Turn upside down to dry so extra glitter drains out. Tada. I've heard you can do the same thing with hairspray. The pump kind.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

I feel fine. Outrunning the crud. I have lots of allergy meds, so I will win.

Stephanie hope you feel better tomorrow.

Darla, sorry your weekend is not starting out fun. It will get better.

Oh, I should say that I filled my ornaments outside. Im under no belief that you can ever actually "clean up" glitter. LOL

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Terri, I like the OKC zoo even though the last time we've been was about 3 years ago. Usually, when we go back, we're always rushing & visiting family and there's never time for it. When I lived up there as a kid, it was always so special to get to go to the zoo, LOL. It was our "big" outing!

Stephanie, sleep well, and Rosey, so sorry about the pain! Big hugs to you!

Hey, Tanya, my last name is Maynard! It used to be the thing when I was in school to call each other Maynard....then I married a real, live one, LOL!

Speaking of him, is it wrong to kind of be excited that he went to the in-laws today & is spending the night? I love him to death, but right now, I'm scrapping and doing whatever I please with no one to worry about. I know I'll be missing him soon, but for now, the quiet is kind of enjoyable!

Darla, hope you soaked away your troubles! Sorry for all the issues you're having with the house.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to flintridgescrapper

Sheryl, wasn't it you that said you used the 6x12 Cricut mats in your Expression? If so, would you mind telling how? I tried it, and it was a fail!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Hi Sheryl and Judy!

So the floor wax dries kind of hard with the glitter then? After it's outside for a while? I love that you've done this and I like the idea of not having to use a whole lotta glitter per bomb. I'd probably do it inside again, but I would be a little better prepared for the mess than we were-LOL Like maybe confining ourselves to one area instead of well, more. LOL So glad you're not sick!

Judy, it's not wrong at all!!! I loved having "snow days" when Dennis would take off on a ride or something with his brothers or go visit his family for the day. Kind of like a free day!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Can you tell me the brand you used, Sheryl? Terry gave me a line on some good sized ornaments that I might get. Does it matter with the floor wax if it's acrylic and not glass?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to gin1902

Oops....I just looked @ my driver's license. It expired last day of February! Anybody in Oklahoma know if I can still just pay & get renewed?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Judy, you have to cut one of the 6" sides down so it's the same size as the 12x12 mat. Then turn machine on portrait.

Gin, I used Pledge floor was because I had that under my kitchen sink. It was old, but didn't matter. I used regular looking ornaments that you poured in the top. The ones you're
looking at look like the split in half and click together. There is no hole in the top. The wax would leave out the top anyway.

Not saying you can't do it, just need a different method.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

You can't go to tag agency like usual. Here you have to go to the guy that gives the tests, and have him ok it in his computer, then go back to the tag agent. Our guy is only here one day a week, so it's a pain.

Kory had to do this, he would know how it works in city.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

On ebay there is 12 1.25" glass ornaments with normal top for $11.95.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Oh, no! Judy's expired! LOL!

I'd end up with a line if I tried to do it half and half and then just put them back together, wouldn't I. Well, I'll say one thing, by the time I DO get all this gbing figured out, they'll be spectacular! LOL!!! So what I really do need for the floor wax kind is the smallest glass ornaments with the hole in the top. Okay, off to look. And I suppose you don't use a lot of the floor wax, so I'll probably have to use the leftover waxing the floor! This is really turning into a much larger project than originally intended!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to gin1902

Yep....sometimes I feel like I expired a long time ago, lol! I was afraid that is was more than just going down to renew! I hate it since they don't mail out the reminders anymore. I never remember to look. I just did today because I got the notice that my tag is due this month.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

And, Sheryl, thanks....I'll try that. I cut it down, but I didn't turn it to portrait.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-06-13 06:57 PM

Hi everyone! We are driving home now. I probably won't turn the computer on when I get home because I am completely and utterly exhausted. We had an amazing time. Saw lots of friends and made some new ones. The weather was just perfect. We had a pretty windy day which was so nice and kept us cool. I didn't get sunburned which is a miracle.

They have one store that sells wind chimes and I thought of you guys. I almost bought one but couldn't decide which one I wanted. I love the bamboo ones but they also had some really gorgeous bass ones too that were huge (4-5 feet long).

I read all the posts till now but since I'm on my phone it's hard for me to go back and remember what I wanted to reply to. I hope everyone had a good day today. There's a small chance of severe weather up near Kansas tomorrow. Rob will wake up early and check the models and will let me know if we are goingchasing. If not, I will be in to chat wwhile I do some housework and hopefully a little scrapping.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

wait, WHAT IS GOING ON?! Y'all had to start a new thread but it's already past 300 posts before I make it here?!?! WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?!?!?!

lol

So sorry I've been out of it- I've been so so busy, between pushing the Silhouette, twelve hour rehearsals (dangit am *I* exhausted today!!!) and work here and there and everywhere an oink oink, e-i-i-OH I AM TIRED!

-k

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to designguyKORY

Kory!!! So glad you showed up....what did you have to do when you license expired? Mine expired in February! Sheryl said you'd know.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I went to the tag agency and got a new one!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to designguyKORY

Little smarty, LOL! I knew that, but she thought I had to do something other than just go pay and renew. Did you?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

no, I didn't! and lol, I wasnt tryin to be smart, really! I think what she might be referring to was the time I had 'issues,' because the first tag agency I went to, told me that they weren't licensed to renew expired licenses- so i had to go to another...

I *think* I had to have two forms of ID- so I took my birth certificate and my passport.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

He may have not had to do any more in OKC. In our town tag agency is not owned by DMV. It's privately owned and he contracts to state.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to SherylEb

Thanks, Kory & Sheryl, for your help! I think ours is privately owned, so I'll take my 2 forms of ID then on Monday and see what they tell me.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
LOl-that's a sweet thing to say, but we'd all be much better off just buying them from the Acme Glitter Bomb Company, Inc.

So what did you want to plant and how did you want to plant it? Do you have fun containers? Flowers or veggies?

oh no no no - they would blow up on ourselves and glitter would be all over us!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to gin1902

Gin we don't have the same kinds of drugs here - you can't even buy Tylenol here - and this Paracetamol stuff doesn't like me- works like a very strong dose of exlax on me. I hope Rosey you do feel better soon

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

• terrihooper Said:
I am back inside after doing some mowing in this beautiful weather!
Darla- I hope the soak worked to lift your spirits!
Tammy- I am glad our bath worked wonders!
Gin- Hi the GB Queen!
Rosey- I am so sorry your migraine came back-- thinking good thoughts for you!
Tammy- Sounds like ya'll had a nice time! Want to hit the zoo with me when I come up?

I am off to make a "martini" using Razzmatazz Schnapps and Vodka- I hope it's good!
TTY in a bit

which zoo - where are you coming

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Good morning!

Paracetamol and Tylenol are the same thing I believe, just different names. It is not supposed to cause intestinal upsets - it is recommended over aspirins for that reason, although we are all different and some people may get side effects.

I hadn't heard of Gin's suggestions, but I'll keep them in mind, if they're available here.

I'm feeling quite a lot better today, just a bit hung-over, you know? It's quite a nice day out, so we need to work out where to take my brother. Catch you later folks...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Rosey - they have the same active ingredient but they are different and they definitely react differently for me. Tylenol doesn't do a thing for me at all but Paracetamol makes me very woozy and gives me great intestinal discomfort but I have a condition that I have to be careful in that way.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Good morning!!

I was struggling all last night with my last challenge for the month. This one was scraplift a favorite; one of the favorites I had though I had scrapped for the scraplift the person ahead of you so I was kinda stuff because the ones I liked it was more paper scrapbooking than digital scrapbooking. But I found inspiration in my dreams (literally) and just finished it this morning!!

Also I'm feeling a bit better but my sinus points hurt. No sore throat at least so that's good.

I'm off to make breakfast!

-Stephanie

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SJB1120

Geez where IS everybody??

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 07:57 AM
In response to SJB1120

I'm on the highway heading toward west Oklahoma...

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

Storm Hunting??

Be safe!!

-Stephanie

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to SJB1120

Jarvae, where are you heading?

Stephanie & Rosey, glad you're both feeling better this morning!

Hi, Tammy! Did the hubby have big plans for you today?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hi, y'all!
My goodness, I just looked at the time, the morning is almost over! But I've been busy, busy!
I was in such a funk yesterday, homesick, hating this house, feeling overwhelmed by everything on my to-do list. Ugh! So I had myself a major pity party then slept. And slept some more. I slept a lot! I woke up ready to face the world again, and have been whittling down my list. I'm on my 3rd load of laundry, have cleaned the kitchen and living room, and carried out all the garbage.
At the PFP meeting Tuesday night, the Pres gave me an article she wanted me to include in the newsletter. Yes, I hear you, the newsletter was finished! It was finished but not yet sent, so I have made the revisions and sent it for preview. If it passes inspection, it will go into distribution tomorrow. And I'll have that off my mind for about 3 weeks. Whew!
Now I'm about to get busy, I have 2 condolence cards and a birthday card to make for PFP clients. If I'm still feeling motivated after I finish those, I really want to work on Ms. Sheryl's journal. I dreamed about what I want to do in it, lol! So I'm ready to get to it. But priorities, you know, bummer!
Hope y'all are all having a great Sunday! Jarvae, have fun chasing!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to chocolateaxel

Hey guys, just popping in really quick.

Woke up last night in a sweat with a horrible headache that made me vomit. Still feeling sorta crappy today, so I am in bed. What a way to waste a whole Sunday.

I hope everyone is feeling better than I am!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Manda_K

Oh, Manda....I wish you could find a way to get away from those nasty headaches! Big (gentle) hugs to you!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Manda, I'm so sorry! That's so awful!!

Have fun Jarvae! Bet you drive right thru here.

Way to go Darla! You are the bomb! Maybe glitter bomb!
You always inspire me. Always happy. Have a good day.

Just finished with a big dinner. Hope to play in my room is afternoon. Maybe work on Terri's book. My BFF that supposed to be going on girl trip for called while we were eating and said she just wanted to visit. She never does that. So worried she's going to cancel. She's supposed to call after she fixes her dinner.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Manda_K

Oh Manda, that's miserable - feel better soon. Sorry I sent my ickies over the pond to you. Actually I don't think they are my ickies. I still have my headache, it just isn't the migraine sort any more. I can function, eat and laugh now. I'm almost certain it is hormonal. I seem either to get the cramps OR the migraine these days, not both. I can even do that without it hurting too badly now.

Tammy, I'm sure the other ingredients are different, they just don't tell you what those are, do they?

Congrats on the newsletter Darla, and I'm sorry you had a rotten day yesterday. I hope today is better. It sound as if the sooner you're out of that house, the better.
Lucky you, scrapping, Stephanie. Tomorrow that will be me.....

Jarvae if you're storm chasing then I shall be super jealous and DEMAND loads of photos. Hey, if you send a glitter bomb or two up into a tornado, Texas will be VERY pretty.

Judy thank you for your good wishes, they are much appreciated.

We took my brother to a steam museum which was actually completely fascinating. He's now sitting surfing, trying to decide whether to start back home before or after tea. I would love him to make up his mind as it's nearly 6:30pm now, and I'd be starting dinner shortly... Bless...

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I used to have migraines. I remember throwing up a lot, passing out in the shower. They used to give me Midrin for them. Then I got to the point they wouldn't let me have it anymore. The thing that got rid of them for me was allergy testing. I started taking allergy shots. 2 a week. I got to 1 a week, and I took them for years. Like 15. Then I just quit. Tired of them. About 5 years ago I had to go to a sleep doctor. He is also pulmonologist. He gave me an asthma inhaler and a nose spray med and I could so tell the difference. I was going to FP and getting a depomedrol shot every 6 months. They work good too. I haven't had migraines in years. I do not miss those days.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 10:11 AM
In response to SherylEb

Waving hi to all the OKC people as I drive through. We are hurrying to wherever the storms are now and are passing between Norman and OKC as I type. There's a good chance we will stop for dinner in OKC after the chase, but I've got no clue what time that will be. Hopefully there's some good pictures to be had. Wish I'd thought to make a glitter bomb or two before we came. LOL. Next time I guess.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Vae

feel better to all those who aren't well.

Judy - turned out he had an idea about going to a craft show in Leigh but since we don't have a car right now (his died) it was difficult to get there without spending a lot of time changing buses etc - almost 2 hours on a bus or a train and then 2 different buses - nope not for me. So....I went decorating shopping with his sister and got some samples of paint chips and wallpapers for a feature wall (and more storage for my scrapbook stuff!)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Everybody sure is quiet today! And where is Gin? She hasn't checked in at all today! Gin! Oh, Gin! Where are you?!?
Jarvae, good luck with the chase! Hope you find osme good storms and good pics!
I've finished the laundry, finally, had a bite of lunch and now have all teh stuff laid out to whip up the cards I need to make. This day is going by altogether too fast!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I'm here now!

Bro has left. I called Mum to tell her, and she has spent the 26 hours without him painting all her kitchen doors, and has got a new cooker and cooker hood installed, AND she's made 4 batches of cookies and they've turned out perfectly. She is so thrilled! Her old cooker was a PITA from the word "go" - I wish she had got rid of the wretched thing years ago. Maybe she'll cook and bake again now.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Hi all, I'm checking in too!

Jarvae, hope you have fun in our town and be careful storm chasing ... seems like the wind has picked up but otherwise nothing bad here yet.

Got to work on a few Valentines layouts last night and this morning. I just love the color combo of pinks & reds with a light almost-'Tiffany' blue that Doodlebug and Bella Blvd had in their collections. I like how they all came out.

Now I've got some cleaning up to do and organizing for the week ahead. And, I'm still doing laundry. Usually I knock it out on Friday night and Saturday, but since we were gone, it's been mocking me, LOL.

Hope everyone's having a great Sunday.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to tanyaham

Off to look at your Gallery Tanya. I've just realised that I've seen your things on the blog but not on here. I hope you've posted the Valentine LOs!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Um... {tapping foot} Tanya? When you're ready... No pressure...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 01:09 PM

No luck today on the storms. We got to where we needed to be and I read my book and napped for a bit. I woke up when DH was packing up to go back home. In short, there were too many clouds that kept the temps just low enough that the storms didn't fire up. It's something you never can predict unfortunately. We are heading back home and hopefully will get there at a decent hour so I can get some laundry done too. I usually try to get it done Friday/Saturday as well but I've hardly been home. We were going to stop at Old Chicago's in OKC - one of our very favorite places there - but it won't even be time to eat yet when we pass through.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Okay, y'all, I think I got everybody included in the PM, y'all will notice that there are some addresses missing, ahem: Ms Tanya, Manda, Ms Cali Judy and Gin, just to name a few, lol. Otherwise, y'all look it over and make sure everything is correct.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Good Morning Everybody! And what I mean by that is Good Late Mid-Afternoon! Good grief, been sick all day and just had some breakfast, so for me it is morning still regardless of the durn clocks saying it's past 3.

Sounds like everybody is busy feeling better and doing fun things.

The Midrin is for tension and migraine headaches. This is what I copied about the ingredients:

" Paracetamol (acetaminophen) is a common over-the-counter pain reliever and fever reducer.

Dichloralphenazone is a mild sedative owing primarily to its hydrolysis product, chloral hydrate. Chloral hydrate, a schedule C-IV controlled substance, is a sedative/hypnotic drug that acts on the central nervous system to produce relaxation and decrease emotional stimuli that influence the perception of pain associated with headache.

Isometheptene is a vasoconstrictor, a drug that causes constriction (narrowing) of cerebral blood vessels.

The pathophysiology of vascular headaches, especially migraine, is thought to be related to dilation of these cerebral blood vessels, so drugs that act to constrict them are used in the treatment of these problems. "

For me it works best if I take it early on and even if it doesn't get rid of the headache completely, it makes a HUGE difference with feeling throwupy so that alone makes it worth taking. I don't know if this info helps, but I hope it does.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Hi, Gin, sorry you're still feeling sicky

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Much better now, can I NOT recommend trying the frozen sweet potato fries in the white package...LOL

Just added my info to the PM. So sorry, I thought I had before. Glad you're feeling better today than last night. I don't have a problem with taking time to feel things. I don't look at it like a pity party-it's okay to wallow around for a little while. Main thing like everything isn't that you fall down, it's that you get back up. Oh, and I have quotes about those things!

It's okay to look back, just don't stare.

Our scars don't have to define us.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Thanks, Gin! I feel the same way. I try to maintain a positive attitude but sometimes life just hands you more than you can juggle at the moment. I find the thing that works best for me is to act like a turtle, pull into myself and wallow around a bit, then once it's out of my system, I get up, brush myself off and go forward.
Okay, y'all, I got Gin's info, and posted an update, not thinking that duh! I should wait until I get the other missing pieces and just post one update. LOL!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I think it's worse to act like you don't feel things. I mean, obviously, you can't go around like an emotional basketcase ALL the time, but really, in the long run, it's just not healthy to pretend that sometimes those feelings aren't there.

I am expressly NOT an optimist! LOL! I am a pessimist from the word go and that way I'm usually either right in my assessment of a situation and prepared to cope with it, or I'm awesomely pleasantly surprised!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I didn't get the PM, but I'm not sure if I was supposed to...

Gin I'm glad you are feeling better, I was worried that your glitter bombs may have self-detonated!

-Stephanie

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

LOL! You're too funny and witty to be an eternal pessimist! Or maybe I'm confusing pessimist with sad sack? I don't know, I just think maybe you aren't giving yourself enough credit, lol.
I'm not neccesarily optimistic all the time, but I do try to remain upbeat, however I do give in to my feelings when they begin to weigh me down. I'm heavy enough without carrying around extra baggage! Better to just deal with them, get rid of them and move on, lol.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

I'm sorry, Stephanie, I thought I clicked your name but maybe I didn't click it hard enough, lol. You should have it now!
If anybody else didn't get it, let me know....

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Thank you!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

And of course you were supposed to get it, you're part of the PDF Klub!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Stephanie, it does still LOOK like the glitter bombs detonated! Even though all that stray glitter was from the manufacturing process-LOL!!!!! And honestly, I'm not at all sure I'm feeling that much better...LOL

I PROMISE I'm a pessimist! Give me any situation, any situation at all and I can instantly and gleefully find the worst in it! I have a special gift. My other natural gift is being especially delicious to mosquitoes and the like.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

And here I thought I was the only one irresistible to mosquitos! I promise if I'm standing in a crowd of 50 people and someone releases 1 mosquito, it will make a beeline to me and that's it. The the bite will turn red and swell up to about 10 times the normal size. Ugh!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I am honored to be a member of the PDFD klub.

-Stephanie

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

But you find the glitter as well Gin, so you're just not a pessimist. Pessimists don't do glitter.

I'm an optimist. I do my best to find the light at the end of the tunnel, even if it does feel like just another joker standing at a bend with a torch.

Oh dear, DH has got my ickies now, and he hasn't got any ladies' bits so maybe my ickies didn't have anything to do with those after all. Well that's got to be a good thing, hasn't it? Not having it every month.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

I gotta go figure out what the heck I'm going to have for dinner, I'm starving! Maybe because I didn't have any lunch? But mom, I wanted to get everything done before I lost my momentum.....whine.....
Back in a bit............

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• chocolateaxel Said:
And here I thought I was the only one irresistible to mosquitos! I promise if I'm standing in a crowd of 50 people and someone releases 1 mosquito, it will make a beeline to me and that's it. The the bite will turn red and swell up to about 10 times the normal size. Ugh!

That's only because I haven't been one of those 50. LOL!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Darla, I didn't get it either. Was I supposed to?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• RedSquirrel Said:
But you find the glitter as well Gin, so you're just not a pessimist. Pessimists don't do glitter.

I'm an optimist. I do my best to find the light at the end of the tunnel, even if it does feel like just another joker standing at a bend with a torch.

Oh dear, DH has got my ickies now, and he hasn't got any ladies' bits so maybe my ickies didn't have anything to do with those after all. Well that's got to be a good thing, hasn't it? Not having it every month.

See, there's the difference. I KNOW it's an oncoming train with no brakes headed straight for me or an ax murderer with a flash light beckoning me in his direction under the guise of needing help looking for his lost contact lens. So I'm all ready to bolt in case of the train, or prepared to quickly dispatch the bad guy with a karate chop and if it really is the end of the tunnel, I'm extra happy I'm not smushed by a train or in little pieces.

And the silver lining of this post is I have a new quote tributeable to Rosey! "Pessimists don't do glitter." 'Cause that's an awesome statement!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

Hmm, I having that post issue again. I didn't see anything about mosquitos or glittering pessimists either...could there be too many forums in the general posting area??

It's almost 1 am so I am off to bed. I hope you all have a great Sunday after-evening!

-Stephanie

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

I'm having posting troubles too. Also very long waits for wish list and other things to load.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Yes, lovey, you were supposed to get it, however you were not on my friend's list, lol. I thought you were, anyway I sent you a friend request, soon as you approve it, I'll PM you the list

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I knew you were there Judy!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Sorry Rosie, I rarely keep up with my gallery on here ... they'll be on my blog soon enough ... You are so sweet though, and THANK YOU for being impatient ... that makes me feel like my creations are "worthy"

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

Off to add my info to the PM!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

• chocolateaxel Said:
Yes, lovey, you were supposed to get it, however you were not on my friend's list, lol. I thought you were, anyway I sent you a friend request, soon as you approve it, I'll PM you the list

Done!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I just spent 15 minutes cleaning up my friend's list, I realized there were people on there that I haven't had any swaps, trades, chats or anything in probably 2 years, so I removed them. Now I can see who is there, lol! And I see that Lady Tammy and Rosey weren't on my list! Hopefully I am current now and have everyone on my friend's list that should be. As soon as my Food Network shows are over, I'll go back to the computer and update the address list and re-send to everyone.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Hello everyone-
I have created private albums for each member of the PDAJ. I think we have decided that they will email me pictures of their work (if they want) and I will put it in the person's album that it goes to. I have them albums all password protected with the same password. If you want to keep up with what we are doing,PM me and I will give you the password.
Some members of the PDAJ want to be surprised by the creations of others so I felt this was a great way to handle everyone's wishes.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Awesome idea!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

How was the stormchasing today Jarvae? I saw the weather map on the news, pointed at the tv and told Dennis that's where you probably were. Also, have you checked you pm's? We will be meeting each other in a week and a day!!! Not that I'm counting. Okay, I'm counting!

Edited by gin1 on 04-07-13 05:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

• chocolateaxel Said:
And of course you were supposed to get it, you're part of the PDF Klub!

I didn't get a PM....
Alison

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Did you know there's a Sub-forum under general scrapbooking that says scrap chat. There are some threads on there that look way longer than ours was. One was 908 pages. Maybe they're making it still have issues.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 05:44 PM
In response to gin1902

Storm chasing was a bust today. We're still driving home... maybe another 30 min to go. There was too much cloud coverage and it kept the temps too low. We could have chased up into Kansas (and normally would have) but that would have been an overnight chase and neither of us can call in to work tomorrow. So we headed back home. Hehe that's funny... Dennis probably thinks you are friends with a crazy person. Ok point taken. LOL

I know, I'm SOOO excited to meet you! I didn't see a new PM but I'll go check. It's so funny too because this is my first work trip to Utah in over 5 years. I'm so glad I didn't get sent there like 3 months ago.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to kiyawinn

Alison, sweetie, I didn't realize you weren't on my friend's list either! Durn it, how how we all rocked along for this many months and not realized this? I sent you a request, hurry and accept it, lol. I'll be updating and re-sending the list in about 20 minutes. My goal this week is to get to sleep at a decent hour every night this week, hopefully if I get enough sleep, the week will go easier. So I am planning to be in bed ready to sleep by 10:30, yikes that's early!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I bet y'all will have tons of good storms before the season is over, Jarvae. Too bad you didn't catch one today though since you were already so tired!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Did you know there's a Sub-forum under general scrapbooking that says scrap chat. There are some threads on there that look way longer than ours was. One was 908 pages. Maybe they're making it still have issues.

You mean we wussed out at 501 pages for no reason?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

That is good timing! Could be having snow then, or maybe 70's. Spring in Utah-it's hard to tell.

Sleep will make such a big difference, Darla-at least it always does with me! But I'd rather sleep in than quit early!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 06:03 PM
In response to gin1902

Thanks Darla, I hope there will be some decent storms this year. Last year was really a slow season... there just weren't many good setups. Of course, we had record breaking tornados in the DFW metroplex but we try not to chase in the city, so we missed those. It's already a very late start to the season but we shall see what happens. We really need the rain so I hope we get more activity soon.

I told myself the same thing about going to bed early. We are almost home and I doubt I will be able to check in once we get there. We've been gone all weekend and we both promised not to get online until we get some things done around the house and spend a little time with the fur baby. By then it will be time for bed but I will check in if I can.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

I've been a night owl my whole life, I hate hate hate having to stop something to go to bed!! But when the clock goes off at 4:45AM, I really really really hate myself for staying up when I know better! I wish I could sleep in! Like this morning, I slept until a little after 9:00, and it felt so incredibly good! I'm just gonna have to grow a pair and shut it down early, and try not to let the curiosity about what's going on in my absence get to me, lol!
Okay, last call!! Anybody who needs to friend me or get me info has 5 minutes! Tick tick tick.........

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

You've got a PM Jarvae-no need to answer tonight, just a head's up. I haven't been getting the notifications either and I hate to announce it here, because I'm not really trying to whisper in front of people. I'm just not sure without notifications how to say there's a PM, 'cause writing a PM to check your PM's won't really work... So, not trying to be rude.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

pm'ing about me is not nice ladies! LOL

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Where is everyone?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I'm here, but headed to bed early-earlier than Darla even! Still working on feeling better and I've got The Thin Man with Myrna Loy and William Powell to watch. And Asta! Love that movie.

Oh, alright, Terri, you caught us. We all have been secretly PMing about you...about how retired you are and that you retired and that you're no longer employed because you are retired. Oh, it's been juicy, what can I say. I got sucked in to the gossip and wanting to be in the Psst, did you know Terri is...retired! secret PMing club. There, that's our secrety secret. It's all out now.

Edited by gin1 on 04-07-13 06:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I want to be a part of a secret pm'ing society! HAHA!
Gin- Sometimes I don't know how you come up with the things you do! You are so funny! I hope we can meet IRL one day!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I am also very sorry you are still under the weather!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Why, thank you Terri. What a nice thing to say-I'm more fun online. In real life I'm the quiet mouse hiding behind the chair leg. But I have to say, all you guys have been so welcoming and so nice and friendly and that it's been so much fun here. Being invited and participating in the swap is so flattering. Terrifying, but flattering! LOL!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I doubt you are the mouse behind the chair leg! More like the otter playing in the seaweed I see on TV (or at the zoo). I love the otters! So cite and fun!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Goodnight Gin-- enjoy your movie!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Okay, I have PM'd the address list for the last time tonight. I see that I am still lacking Rosey, Henri Jean and Alison on my friend's list, as soon as y'all accept my friend request, I'll get it to y'all. Alison, I had your screen name written down in my note so you should have gotten it, but please accept the request anyway, lol.
Now I'm off to have a little snuggle time with the boy before light's out. Everybody who is still feeling puny, get well. Now. And that's an order! LOL! hope everyone has a wonderful restful night and wakes ready to tackle Monday!
Nighters!

Page 4 of 101 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics