Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: PDAJ for KK        (Topic#1586733)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Here ya go Kory- A thread just for the PDAJ so you won't have to weed through all the jibber jabber to find AJ info!
Ask and ye shall receive!
So let it be written, so let it be done!
Queen of the AJ,
Terri

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to terrihooper

Here is round 1:

I get Gin's
Sheryl gets mine
Darla gets Sheryl's
Jarvae gets Darla's
Kory gets Jarvae's
Gin gets Kory's

Needs to be mailed to the next person the week of April 29th

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

What is PDAJ??

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to cescrapper

PDAJ stands for Pay Day Art Journal. A small group of us in the thread Pay Day Friday are swapping art journals and our chat was getting lost in the chatter in the other thread.
Now where's all my PDAJ peeps?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to chocolateaxel

I am here

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I've got one foot in this door, but mainly I'm hanging out in Club Part Deux.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

I'm here too, lol. And there, and back and forth!
I know exactly what I want to do in Ms Sheryl's journal, just not sure if I can pull it off. It's something I haven't tried yet, maybe I should practice on a stray piece of cardstock first, lol!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-06-13 08:14 PM

Darla I was finally able to pick up my package at the office this morning and your art journal is safe in my hands! :-)

Now I just need to decide what to do. I'm hoping inspiration hits tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

• chocolateaxel Said:
I'm here too, lol. And there, and back and forth!
I know exactly what I want to do in Ms Sheryl's journal, just not sure if I can pull it off. It's something I haven't tried yet, maybe I should practice on a stray piece of cardstock first, lol!

No Practicing necessary, just go for it. Isn't that the point to an art journal. There is no mistakes, just change of plans. Spoken from the person who hasn't tried to put her plan into action either! LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Good morning, y'all!
Yay, Jarvae, glad you got my journal! Have fun with it, surprise me!
Ms Sheryl, I actually dreamed about what I want to do in your journal, and now I think I'm ready to tackle it. That makes it sound like a chore, it isn't, I'm really excited to be trying something new, I just wasn't quite sure how to start. Hope you like it!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I will love it I'm sure.

I need to get busy on Terri's today. Jarvae is storm chasing in Oklahoma today. Maybe she's coming our way. At least it makes me think we maybe getting stormy weather. I like stormy weather!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

I love stormy weather! Bright flashy lightning and great thunder boomers, oh I adore them! It's hard to tell if we will get any of it or not, right now it just looks overcast, but don't see any storm clouds around.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 10:47 AM

Rob says we're playing western Oklahoma right now. The storms haven't fired up yet but there will be some weather soon.

I do hope it's a good chase. I really didn't want to get woken up 3 times this morning and forced from my bed to get dressed and go. I'm still tired after yesterday and I kind of wish I could be working on some ideas for the art journal.

I wonder if Kory got mine? I was thinking it would be there Thursday.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Vae

Love love love storms. I hope you include some stormy things on your pages Jarvae.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I worked on Gin's journal last night-- It is almost done-
Are we going to post pics or keep them a secret until the end?

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I kinda like secret, but I don't care

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

I like secret, too, I want to be surprised when I get mine back, lol

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I'm SO curious!!! At least we'll be able to see what people have done by the second mailing-even if we have to wait 'till the end to see our own.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I expect pictures at some point so I can see everyone's creativity!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

Honestly, I'm kind of torn. I'd like to see pictures as they're being done-for me that won't ruin the wonderfulness of it in person. But I can also understand wanting to wait. Oh, what to do, what to do???

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

The proverbial rock and hard place!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Here's an idea- we could do a thread that is specifically and only for art journal pictures. That way, if you don't want to see, nobody's making you look. But if you do want to see-whether you're doing the swap or not, you could look. Good idea? Terrible idea?

You wouldn't have to post pictures if you didn't want to. Not like anybody would have to.

Dang, this rock is jamming me in the back and if I move it's just such a hard place!

Edited by gin1 on 04-07-13 01:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

I actually think that's a good idea. Great thinking, Gin!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

That idea makes me a happy penguin!!

I wish a penguin was a smilie on here...I wonder how we could make that happen...hmm.

-Stephanie

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SJB1120

So is it possible to post pics in the other thread without putting them in the Gallery? Because otherwise you'd have to avoid people's Galleries too, and that would be a bad thing...

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Then it would be hard to post pictures for others without seeing your own right above.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Honestly, I have no idea the technical parts of how this could work. It just seemed there ought to be a way to peek if you wanted to, but not have to see accidentally if you didn't. I think there's a way to have stuff in a private gallery-but I don't know how to do it. Somebody?

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

Maybe there should just be a new account, you could call it PDF AJ and everyone would have the password to post photos. Then all you have to do is avoid that gallery.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SJB1120

Yeah, but how do you post pictures for others to see without seeing what the other person posted? If you don't want to see what others have done to your book? It will take you to the New and there they'll be.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SherylEb

Oh I see, hmm I don't know about that...

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

Okay, maybe not a thread, maybe a private gallery? Is that doable? And if you do post pictures, you'd just have to somehow let people know what was in the private gallery and with a list of what was in there, like "gin's page for Kory" you'd have to decide based on the description if you wanted to look?

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

Yeah something like that...I read a post recently about how to set up a private gallery. But I don't remember where. Probably in PDF 1.

Good luck and Good night!

-Stephanie

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SJB1120

I have a solution if ya'll want to do it--
E-mail me the pictures and I will put them in a private gallery and password protect it. That way you don't have to see if you don't want and they won't be in your gallery either.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

That sounds like a plan, just keep the password handy in case I crack and want to see, lol

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I have finished create a private gallery for each participant of PDAJ under my profile.
I will PM the password to any PDF'er that requests it. The password is the same for each album so if you don't want to look, don't.
All you have to do is e-mail me your pics. I will post them. Be sure to remind me whose book it is for--
I will PM my email address on the PDAJ PM Jarvae started.

Edited by terrihooper on 04-07-13 03:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 04:00 PM

oOooh I want the password! I wanna seeeeeeee!!!! I still think it will be a lovely surprise when I see it in person but I'd really like to see what all everyone is doing. I don't want to cheat and copy but I also want to make sure I'm keeping the quality of my entries up there with everyone else since I'm such a novice.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

I'm not only going to need the password, but directions on how to find the secret gallery too.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

You should be able to go to my gallery and then click on whichever album you want to see. If it is a PDAJ person's album, it will ask for a password.

I have finished yours, I think, and it is in your album.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see!!!!!!!!!! Can I see??? Can I??? Please!!!! Please!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to gin1902

I'm not doing it, but I wanna see! Can I have the passwords?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to flintridgescrapper

I pm'd you Judy!

Gin- have at it- I am VERY nervous to see if you like it--

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

.....already peeked and commented.....must go find a tissue now.....

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I so hope you like it as much as you indicated! I didn't want you to need a tissue, but I do want you to LOVE it! It won't hurt my feelings AT ALL if you want something different!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

LOL-Terri, of course I love it that much! I'm not that nice, I assure you, I just typed out how I felt and it's so bright and cheery and wonderful. I truly think it's wonderful and I love that you used 2 pages! Honestly, I didn't know what to expect-I'd never even HEARD of an art journal swap before-nevermind DOING one. I only hope I can live up to what everybody else is doing!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
LOL-Terri, of course I love it that much! I'm not that nice, I assure you, I just typed out how I felt and it's so bright and cheery and wonderful. I truly think it's wonderful and I love that you used 2 pages! Honestly, I didn't know what to expect-I'd never even HEARD of an art journal swap before-nevermind DOING one. I only hope I can live up to what everybody else is doing!

So do I Gin! I only knew about them because I had looked them up on youtube!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

That sounds like a good idea!

But Terri, I Do Not want to know till its over. That way my book will be a surprise. But if I crack and want the password, DO NOT give in to my whining, begging and pleading. Unless I offer money, then you have every right to.

Then when it is over I can look at everyone's books right?

Oh, just so you know Terri, I have one half of one 2 page layout done. It's so cute!! I did make one tiny of boo boo, but I'll find a way to cover it.

So I guess that means you want to see yours?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

There are no boo boo's in AJ's! If you want to send it to me, fine- if not,that is up to you as the artist--
I will post what I get.

LOL on the not giving it to you-- I am going to copy that and save it so I can remind you of it later when we are all ooooo'ing and awwwwww'ing and you don't know what we're talking about!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

And Sheryl- I REALLY do want to see but I respect it if you want me to be surprised!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I guess you could give me the password so I can look at everybody's journal. I won't look at mine, I promise.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Nah, I don't care if others look at what I do. I just don't want to look at mine. It's kind of like Christmas!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

You told me NOT to give it to you!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

LOL Sheryl! Do you have an upper price limit? I totally understand not wanting to look, but based on the rotation, I don't think I'd get to see everything everybody did so I really want to see.
I'll make it a point to just comment in the gallery so I don't accidentally describe something on a public thread. I totally get wanting to be surprised and I'll try very, VERY hard not to ruin something accidentally.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Post 15996329 "But Terri, I Do Not want to know till its over. That way my book will be a surprise. But if I crack and want the password, DO NOT give in to my whining, begging and pleading."

Post 15996353 "I guess you could give me the password so I can look at everybody's journal "

LOL-that was quick! Bahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

See! I told you I'd be whining before long! But I'm not taking your pictures till I'm done. I experimented with one thing I wanted to do, and it didn't quite work like I wanted it to.

Gin, you can talk about em all you want. I won't mind. I just don't want to see the real thing. My kids or hubs could never keep a secret. I knew what every Christmas present was way before. Even when I told them no and covered my ears. As long as I don't see the real thing, I'm good. It may make me pay more, I mean wait more excitedly!

Yes! Hard to believe. I'm not only planning, but I practiced!! And it failed. The one I did, I just winged, and it's fine. Practicing is not good. I made the hugest mess!! I spilled distress stain, got paint all over my hands, gesso everywhere!!
My fingers are bright green and blue.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

I know what you mean about presents. I never snooped, but if given even the tiniest of hints, I could guess, so now nobody gives me hints anymore and I kind of like it that way! LOL!!!

It's too awesome that you've got green and blue fingers! Too much fun making stuff and making the mess that goes along with it-though personally, I might draw the line with the whole glitter everywhere in future-LOL

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 05:22 PM
In response to SherylEb

Aww Sheryl, that is always the way it happens. When I was working on mine I did a practice page and it turned out PERFECTLY! Then when I went to the real book to do the real thing, it turned out awful and I ended up ripping 2 pages out of my journal.

And I always wear gloves when I'm working with this kind of stuff. I got really tight ones so that it wouldn't get in the way of me working with whatever, but my hands would get sooooo messy and it would be days before it all came off. So now I wear gloves. LOL

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Love having colors all over me--

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

And i don't wear gloves because most everything i work with is water soluble-

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Aren't we all assuming the only gloves Jarvae would own are either lace up past her elbows or black with rivets going up the side...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 05:30 PM
In response to gin1902

LOL Gin!! I love it! hehe

I normally don't mind having color all over my hands except when I have to go onsite and all my clients ask me if I've been dipping into the koolaid again...

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

at the glove descriptions!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to Vae

Yeah well, the ink is water, but when you spill it and squirt it everywhere it seems to not come off. And I have one of those craft scrubbed things to it off. It's way better, but doesn't work good on finger nails.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Snicker, snicker, I've been trying to guess the password already!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I have to say, in addition to all the interesting artwork, I'm really looking forward to hearing (when we're done or whenever-or however long Sheryl can stand it for) what people were thinking when they did it, how they decided what to do for each journal or just if they thought about stuff or just did it or how it came about. Not saying there will be a quiz or anything, but it's so interesting to me what people think about when they're doing art. Like if you knew ahead of time how you wanted something to look, or if you can look at a blank page and then can see it, or if you tried something new or went with what you're good at or what. Okay, maybe there will be a quiz.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Oh Gin! That's sounding so much like a test. Like one of those get in touch with your feelings kind of things.

I start out with one thing, then see something shiny, then I'm on something else, then I'm thinking about how much I'd like a dr pepper. Then I'm trying to remember where I left my dr pepper.....

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Now see, Sheryl, that's all I wanted to know. It wasn't that hard, now was it? Your Dr. Pepper is in the fridge, nice and cool. And now I'm craving one.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-07-13 05:49 PM
In response to gin1902

LOL Sheryl! You crack me up.

A lot of my favorite things end up happening because I didn't have the material I needed for my original idea. For example, I have folders on my sign in page that I wanted to use those photo tabs that rotate. I couldn't find any at the store so I ended up using these key brads that I had, and taking the brad parts off of them. It ended up so much cooler than my original idea.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I'm with Gin, I find it interesting how people came up with their ideas, what it was that inspired them, whether it was the person for whom they were doing it or something else.
And then I'm with Ms Sheryl on not wanting to see mine until it's all done. I don't mind hearing about it, but I want the first time I see it to be in person. Even if I whine, cry, pout, throw a temper tantrum, threaten to take my play pretties and go away, even if I am tempted to bribe!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Well I was trying to sketch on the porch the the other day when I sketched something in my sketch book I really liked so I decided to sketch one for Gin's journal. My wording on her pages was especially for her as were a few other things! LOL. So I designed the pages for her but based on a specific thing I sketched while sitting on my porch-- Got it? Clear as spring rain?
how is that for an explanation without saying anything?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• chocolateaxel Said:
Even if I whine, cry, pout, throw a temper tantrum, threaten to take my play pretties and go away, even if I am tempted to bribe!

Is it wrong that I kind of want to see this?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• terrihooper Said:
Well I was trying to sketch on the porch the the other day when I sketched something in my sketch book I really liked so I decided to sketch one for Gin's journal. My wording on her pages was especially for her as were a few other things! LOL. So I designed the pages for her but based on a specific thing I sketched while sitting on my porch-- Got it? Clear as spring rain?

And it rocks!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
  • chocolateaxel Said:
Even if I whine, cry, pout, throw a temper tantrum, threaten to take my play pretties and go away, even if I am tempted to bribe!

Is it wrong that I kind of want to see this?

no- I am sure we could sell tickets!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Okay, but the ticket money is totally separate from the bribe money.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

that goes without saying!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
  • terrihooper Said:

And it rocks!

Awww, thank you my sweet friend!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

y'all are too funny!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to flintridgescrapper

Ditto for the password!

-Stephanie

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SJB1120

Terri you are awesome thinking of that. Am I allowed the passwords if I'm not a participant? I'd LOVE to see what's going on. It's not fair being on the other side of the pond. Postage is just ridiculous though.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I want to see so I can get ideas if this is ever done again. And postage overseas is ridiculous!! It cost my mom $16 to send me a lens cap for my camera!

-Stephanie

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SJB1120

WOW that is HIGH!! I can't believe 16.00 for a lens cap!
I can't imagine what a journal would cost!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-08-13 07:50 AM

Oooh yay I got an email from Kory today, he got my journal!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

D'oh. I should have put my email address in mine!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
D'oh. I should have put my email address in mine!

Me too! Wonder if that sweet chocolate loving, dog hugging Darla would put my email on a sticky or something in mine. I mean you've already had to put my name and everything else in there. You are takin good care of me aren't you???

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

LOL! Ms Sheryl, I'll happily do that for you!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

*I* at least got my name and address in mine! LOL!! Maybe I can talk Terri into putting my email address in.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I will, just PM it to me-- Or post it here if you want!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Done. And with a very lengthy, unnecessary explanation.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-08-13 01:17 PM

Oh were we supposed to include our email addresses? I didn't put mine in there either. But I think everyone has mine anyway... maybe not. I'll add it to the PM.

What do we need our emails on there for?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

I don't know. I saw where you said Kory had emailed you that he'd gotten yours. So I just figured since I included my name, address, phone number, date of birth, credit card numbers, social security number, list of favorite colors, hunky actors I have crushes on, bra size and license plate numbers I thought it was prudent to add my email address.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to gin1902

Don't forget favourite glitter colours and the EXACT dimensions of your upside-down table.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-08-13 01:30 PM
In response to gin1902

Did you remember to include your middle name, the city you were born in, the street you grew up on, your mother's maiden name, what side you part your hair on, your favorite number, your favorite flower, your personal opinion about ducks, coke or pepsi, mustard or mayo, your biggest fear, and what kind of prosthetic device you would have, if you could have any one you wanted?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Vae

Prosthetic device? For the record, mine would be bionic boobies.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

You left out the first car you owned, your best childhood friend's name, your blood type and any identifying marks, such as scars, tattoos, etc.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Um...you guys are right. I totally didn't include enough information. What was I thinking!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
*I* at least got my name and address in mine! LOL!! Maybe I can talk Terri into putting my email address in.

Are you trying to be "Student of the Month". My kids always said those were the brown nosers. Prolly because they never were chosen. We don't kiss up well.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

Sounds like police profiles to me!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
  • gin1 Said:

Are you trying to be "Student of the Month". My kids always said those were the brown nosers. Prolly because they never were consen. We don't kiss up well.

As a teacher, I hated brown nosers! Could see right through them!
I also don't kiss up well, but I am sure most of the PDF'ers don't! LOL

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

LOL-I wasn't kissing up, I was making fun of Sheryl. 'Cause that's such a better thing to be doing. LOL!!!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I know Gin!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
LOL-I wasn't kissing up, I was making fun of Sheryl. 'Cause that's such a better thing to be doing. LOL!!!!!

LOL! My kinda girl,! . See my siggy.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics