Page 2 of 6 
Username Post: PDAJ for KK        (Topic#1586733)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Jarvae sent me her sign in page. It is in her album in my gallery.
Here is what se said about it:
Hi Terri! I didn't want to post this on my main gallery since it's not done, but since you are password protecting the galleries I thought it would be good to go ahead and post the start of mine. I still have a lot to do on it when I get it back but it's a start.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-09-13 07:12 AM
In response to terrihooper

Thanks Terri for posting!

I am so sad that I haven't been able to get started yet. But I WILL soon. Probably this Friday and Sunday. Tonight we have to clean for company to come over tomorrow night, then Thursday we are going country dancing with some friends. But then I have Friday off and I am sure I'll need to recover, but the place will be all nice and clean and ready for me to be all artistic n stuff.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

I know exactly what I want to do in Ms Sheryl's journal, sadly haven't been able to get started yet. But this weekend it is 2nd on my agenda, it shall be written, it shall be done! lol!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to chocolateaxel

2nd on the agenda !? I want to be first!!

If you're not first your last. LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

You're too funny! Even though you're not first, you're by no means last, my weekend has quite a long laundry list of things that I must do, interspersed with things I want to do, with a dash of things I don't want to do but sense of obligation is making me do. So at least I put your journal second, that is actually a place of honor!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I can't catch up on PDF Part Deux, but I just caught up on PDAJ for KK Part Un I think it's funny that you started this thread so Kory could easily find PDAJ info without wading through and now you're already on page 6. Good luck, Kory...

I'm not part of the art club, but I'd love to have the secret password. I want to see what you creative people do...and I want to have the secret code so I can be bribed by Darla and Sheryl (Check my bribery rates first...I can offer the best rates on the site...Oops, is that illegal advertising, Megan?)

Maybe sometime, if you all do this again, I might join, but like someone else had asked..."what's the point of an AJ?" I wouldn't know what to put in it, or what to do with the journal when I got it back, but after I see all of your wonderful work, I'm sure I'll change my mind. Unlike Terri, I think it was, I haven't checked them out on youtube, so I really don't know what they're like.

Another obstacle...I'm not an artist. This is probably why I don't get the point of an AJ. I have ancestors who were artists, but I'm missing that gene. I do clean and simple because I want to scrap each of the 3,457,902,701 photos (at the last count) that I currently own and there really isn't time to be artistic with each one...and even if I only had 1 photo to scrap...I'M STILL NOT AN ARTIST!

Have fun with your journals...I'm anxious to see what you all come up with. I can only imagine... ~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to mrsdriver5

Hi, Ms Judy! I'm sure Terri will give you the password, and I guess I need to see your rate sheet. Before it's all said and done, I'm sure I'll be tapping my 401K for bribe money! And I bet you're more artistic than you give yourself credit for, you just haven't tapped that vein yet!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Judy, if you have good rates, We may have to talk

andno one said I had to know what I was doing with this art journal thing!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Me, either, I'm just winging it, lol!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I think we are all sorta winging it Judy- I find the whole idea scary and liberating! I can use any techniques I want and do anything I want!
And I am not artistic either-- as I have said- creative, yes but artistic, NO!
I am off to PM you the password and just so everyone knows, if ANYONE is getting bribe money, it is me or at least I get half of what you get!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Terri, did I tell you you look nice today and how thrilled I am that you are retired and enjoying it?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Trying to get that price down.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-09-13 05:44 PM
In response to SherylEb

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Well played, Ms Sheryl!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

so funny!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Serious though, if you do this again, I want in!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

YAY! We would love you to join us!! I'm trying to talk everybody into doing an altered book swap, don't know if we want to wait until we finish the journals or do it at the same time? Anyway, it's all fun!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

I have to wait until August at least because I will not be able to be in the US until then to do anything (hence why I can't do anything with y'all now!)

But it would be fun!!

-Stephanie

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Hello!!!!

I'm so sorry that I've been out of it! This show opens on Friday and I'll have my life back. I'm so so sorry I haven't been able to mail my journal, I should be able to do that on Friday on my lunch hour! If not, on Saturday! Promise!!!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

YAY! The MIA and AWOL Korybean! Hi, my friend, good luck getting your life back!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

HE DOES EXIST!!

AND HE'S ALIVE!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-10-13 06:35 AM
In response to SJB1120

Yay Kory!! Glad you stopped by!!

I was cleaning my apartment last night and started rounding up my washi tape and thought "Oh, I wonder if Kory has posted his new blog on washi tape storage ideas yet?" (guilt trip)

LOL j/k

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

Terri, when do we mail for round 2?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-10-13 08:27 AM
In response to gin1902

April 29 I believe.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

Duh, me. Sorry, I was mentally a month off. LOL Thanks Jarvae.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-10-13 08:40 AM
In response to gin1902

Actually Terri said "the week of" so I think that really gives you April 29-May 4.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Glad to see you Kory. We miss your satire.

I may send my journal across the pond once I get it back so I can have some "foreign" art. Then it can have been to places I've never been! I would also send a return enve since I know it is so high. May have to be like Darla and dive into my 401k for that one. LOL

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Oh, and Terri did I say how much I missed you today and I hope you and yours are doing well.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-10-13 08:44 AM
In response to SherylEb

I was so excited when I finally found global forever stamps. One stamp that covers a letter or postcard to pretty much everywhere in the UK and Europe. I'm not sure about other countries, but it worked for me.

I still need to send this I Heart Texas kitchen towel to my BFF, but I haven't because I know the postage will be high. I'm waiting so i can throw a few more things in there to make it worth it.

Edited by Jarvae on 04-10-13 08:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:

I may send my journal across the pond once I get it back so I can have some "foreign" art. Then it can have been to places I've never been! I would also send a return enve since I know it is so high. May have to be like Darla and dive into my 401k for that one. LOL

Sheryl, I love this idea!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
  • SherylEb Said:

Oh so do I!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
Hello!!!!

I'm so sorry that I've been out of it! This show opens on Friday and I'll have my life back. I'm so so sorry I haven't been able to mail my journal, I should be able to do that on Friday on my lunch hour! If not, on Saturday! Promise!!!!!

HI Kory! So glad to see your face!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• terrihooper Said:
  • gin1 Said:
  • SherylEb Said:

Oh so do I!

That would be so cool! Then Stephanie and I could join in, and stick foreign stamps all over your art pages.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I would LOVE foreign stamps all over it!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I really like this idea-all our art journals going on an overseas journey! I think if we could figure out a way to minimize the shipping somehow in the rotation, that would really help. I don't know if sending them all together would be less or maybe mailing mini journal inserts to be lighter or just mailing one page???? Some way of cutting down on the shipping would be helpful to me. The brochures I sent to Anne in England were 35$ and I want to make clear, I was very glad to send them and would be glad to do it again, but I did have a little bit of sticker shock at my post office that day.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I can imagine! 35.00 is hefty! I would LOVe to work something out either by sending the journals or pages to be added-

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

The down side of just sending pages would be the receiver wouldn't get to see what folks had already done.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Yeah- that wouldn't be nice!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'll let y'all work out the details, I'm more of a big picture kind of gal, don't bother me with the small stuff, lol, but I'm in. It would be nice to let the peeps across the pond play. And a whole page of foreign stamps would be cool!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that everybody here mails their own-that way one person isn't the only one mailing to Europe. And if one person here (US) mails to a different person there (Europe) and then they all mail amongst themselves and each one of them mails one back, then everybody is paying monster postage. That at least evens it out, so the next question is who all there (Europe) is keen on doing this and do you guys want to mail journals to us (US) after mailing your own amongst yourselves.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Vae

Terri, Can all part duex have the password or is it just the ajs? I'd love to see see pix xx

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Besneys

Hi I'm a bit like Judy (Mrs Driver) I wouldn't want to spoil your AJs but I'll willingly send you some things to put in your AJs if you tell me what to get.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Besneys

Maybe what you could do is this:
-send several pages at once to one person (low shipping)
-those can be passed around here (Europe) (low shipping)
-perhaps ending with me and then I can just bring them on the -plane back to the US in July (free shipping)
-and mail them to the respective owners (low shipping)??

What do y'all think??

-Stephanie

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to SJB1120

Good thinking there Stephanie.

Anne x

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Besneys

That is a great idea Stephanie!

Anne- I am going to pm you the password--

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

So would whoever has whoever's journal just write the owner's name on the back and send that/those? I think all of our journals are different sizes. I don't care if I have different sized stuff. Also, do you Europeans want to send pages to us USers? And swap around your journals over there? You're so sweet Stephanie to offer to bring the pages back with you!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

I don't know if I could send a full journal around because of the cost, but perhaps sending some paper to each person? That's just my feeling for myself.

-Stephanie

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to SJB1120

Got the password thanks Terri, sorry did you answer me about the colour of the coins I've not really digested all the pages yet I have some silver coins too if they are of any use?

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Besneys

OMG I stopped having hot flushes a few years ago but the thoughts of "doing" a page has me totally freaked out ...I'll do my best I think or should I say hope, thats if you trust me

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Besneys

Stephanie, I think whatever works best is just fine-folks will be able to see pictures here-whether taken before or after because I totally get wanting to be surprised. Sending a couple of pages is a really good, cost effective idea.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-11-13 01:57 PM
In response to gin1902

Alright, I'll take one for the team. I am willing to fly them over to the UK personally so that we don't have to worry about posting them. Then Stephanie can bring them home and nobody has to post them.

Stephanie and I are very generous don't you think?

I will be accepting donations for my ticket. It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Besneys

• Besneys Said:
Got the password thanks Terri, sorry did you answer me about the colour of the coins I've not really digested all the pages yet I have some silver coins too if they are of any use?

I would LOVE to have whatever you would like to send regardless of color or size!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

But Jarvae- you have to work so Why don't I take them since I am RETIRED! LOL!

I think sending pages is the best idea because of shipping. If all the US'ers want to send me their pages, I will ship them to Stephanie who can serve as the "Over the Pond PDAJ Queen". How is that? I think I will just buy another journal and tear some of the pages out to send since mine is with Sheryl-- OH WAIT- Ya'll could send me pages from the books you have right now

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

If ya'll want to do that, I will package them up in zip top baggies with names so everyone will know whose journal they are going into--

Any one over the pond that wants in on this just let us know here-- ALL are welcome! Yes Besney's you, too!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I have pages I'll send along with your train penny, Terri. I'll mail tomorrow. And I'll include a little extra for postage. 5 or 6 pages enough? And anybody and everybody who wants to do something, I'd love whatever!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:

Alright, I'll take one for the team. I am willing to fly them over to the UK personally so that we don't have to worry about posting them. Then Stephanie can bring them home and nobody has to post them.

I will be accepting donations for my ticket. It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.

You're so generous Jarvae. What a huge sacrifice you're willing to make for all of us. I think there's a medal you should get for this.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:

We are truly sacrificing here. Good thing my flight's already booked

If you send them to me first then I can include mine (I think) and send them to the UK ladies (if they want in). Then they can make the rounds there and get back to me by July and I can bring them to the US.

-Stephanie

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SJB1120

Ok, not to be difficult again, but how do I carefully tear a page out of my book to send you when I don't have my book? I would like it to be the proper size to put back in my book. I know, it's the OCD, but you are too.

Also Terri, I made all my tellers dig through all their pennies to look for all the Lincoln pennies. We could only find one, but there are four different backs in a series about Lincoln.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Either have whoever has your journal send pages to Terri with your name on them or tell me what size it is and if it's the same as mine (I have an extra one the same size as the one I mailed) I'll write your name on pages and send with mine to Terri.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
Ok, not to be difficult again, but how do I carefully tear a page out of my book to send you when I don't have my book? I would like it to be the proper size to put back in my book. I know, it's the OCD, but you are too.

Also Terri, I made all my tellers dig through all their pennies to look for all the Lincoln pennies. We could only find one, but there are four different backs in a series about Lincoln.

THANK YOU!!! That is so sweet!
And to answer your question, You send pages out of MY book because that is the book you have right now-- When I get them all, I will place them in bags by name so Stephanie will know who they belong to.
If you don't want to participate, that's OK, too! Just tell Darla not to send me any pages from your book--

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
I have pages I'll send along with your train penny, Terri. I'll mail tomorrow. And I'll include a little extra for postage. 5 or 6 pages enough? And anybody and everybody who wants to do something, I'd love whatever!

So I am not tearing any pages out of the book I have of yours?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Um, you could have, but I've got your envelope packed up with the penny and a fiver and 6 pages of art journal paper with my name and stuff on the backs. LOL I should have checked for a post first, but I didn't. LOL!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Got it. I want to do it. I kd of came up with the idea of foreign art.

Now to sound difficult again. We need to know how many want to participate so know how many pages. And 2 pages, so they can do 2 page spread, or just one page, which would be for 2 people, front and back.

I know I'm being difficult, but thinking

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Not knowing how many folks overseas (I kinda really like saying "overseas" now) were going to want to do this, I'm sending Terri 6 pages. If that's not enough, I don't care what people want to do art on to send back-playing cards, typewriter paper, notebooks, whatever. LOL Also, anybody overseas who wants me to ruin a page in theirs, I'll be glad to do that.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I just posted to the Deaux thread for them to come over here and let us know if they want to participate.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Great Sheryl!
I couldn't remember whose idea it was and was too lazy to go back and find it!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Terri, can you wait at least until the week of the 22nd to send it out? Since I have to get that kind of mail at the post office, and I only have 7 days to do it, and I'm leaving for two weeks, I want to make sure I'm back to get it.

I don't have any sort of journal so I think what I'm going to do is send everyone sheets and have only one side worked on so that I can paste them into something else without losing any artwork. Unless I find a journal here. But I think that is what I will probably do.

So all the British ladies! Let me know whether you are in or out!

-Stephanie

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to SJB1120

I've bought an artist pad its A4 size that should be ok shouldn't it? I'll try only try mind you to join in but don't waste your money sending me paper I'll do them all in my pad which is perforated so should tear quite easily and if they turn out ok I'll send them to Stephanie before July.

Oh I'm off again with the hot flushes just thinking about it....eekkkkkkk
Now is it to contain photos or drawings please Terri give us a clue xxx

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Besneys

I've only had time to scan through this, I'm in but not sure what I need to do, lol. I don't really want a page torn out of my journal, but loose pages that fit and are only done on one side so that I can adhere them into my journal sounds like a good plan. Someone let me know what I need to do and I'll play.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

If you've got a journal that has a wire spine, they're really easy to undo and put back together. That's what I did with the pages I'm mailing. If you look inside the back cover, the spirally thingies kind of come to points and it's easy to start there. I just took the back cover off, then the front cover off, some pages out and then put it all back together. If you've got a coil one, you can still take it apart, but it's a lot of twisting. Just bend one end of the wire so it's straighter so you can start untwisting the whole thing.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Good morning, Gin! I love your explanation, but and it's a big but, lol, that is all dependant on my remembering what kind of journal I have. I barely remember how I got to work this morning, LOL! Missed chatting with you last night!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

So so far it's Terri, Cheryl, Gin, Darla, Kory, Jarvae, Anne, and myself? What about Rosey and Tammy? Are there any other ponders?

My mom's going to try and get me an art journal and bring it here so I can get my sheets out as well. I'll wait until I'm in the US again to send them to the USers, probably with the return of their sheets.

-Stephanie

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to SJB1120

I can't wait....err did I say that out loud

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Besneys

Ann, you crease me up!!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Why thank you sweet lady xx

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Besneys

Alison mentioned next time, maybe she does but hasn't seen yet?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

No worries on the date Stephanie--
Darla- Who has your book? We can find out the size from them--

I may just go buy a book and send pages out of it once I know everyone's size--
Except for Gin of course who is the A plus student and already mailed hers out to me!

Edited by terrihooper on 04-12-13 08:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

*I* mailed you pages (with my name and address on them) AND money!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to gin1902

Whit woo I've mailed postcards will that do and I've got my book and I've got ideas(probably above my station) but I think I know what I want to do now and its

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Besneys

Anyone want to recommend a journal size to me? I found a nice company, and they had either an A6 or an A4. I thought the A4 was a tad too big, but I wasn't sure what people were doing?

-Stephanie

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

Mine is 6" by 8" for a couple of reasons-not too big of a page to intimidate anybody (but easy to do a double page spread if someone wanted more room), fairly post office friendly size for mailing, and I just liked the proportions. Plus it's what I had-LOL! Don't know if that helps or not.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to gin1902

That does! I know what I'll get now, but the store is closed. I'll have to pick it up when I get back from traveling with my mom!

Thanks!

-Stephanie

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-13-13 10:32 AM
In response to SJB1120

Stephanie mine is 9x12. I actually bought 2 sizes but once I decided what I wanted to do on my sign in page I realized I needed the larger size.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

Okay, so I'm guessing everyone has a range. Hmm. I think I'll probably get the smaller size for travel reasons, but I'm glad that some of these will be bigger! More creative space!

-Stephanie

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to SJB1120

Oh Stephanie, don't get me worried again I've got an A4 pad...eek!!!!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Besneys

Anne, any size is just fine. We've all got different sizes and shapes-no worries. If you like A4, then A4 is perfect!

Truthfully, I'm kind of looking forward to working on different sized pages.

Edited by gin1 on 04-14-13 10:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Ann-
Gin is right- any size is fine!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all! Just checking in, this thread is too quiet compared to the other one, lol! We need Korybean to make an appearance to liven things up!
I haven't gotten a chance to work on Ms Sheryl's journal yet, bummer! But it is first on my list for this week. YAY! You made it up to first, Sheryl!
Hope everyone has a great day!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I don't think I'm up to creating 8 or so different (or even the same) pages for everyone's AJs, so please count me out of this one.

I'm more than happy to send people postage stamps, used and/or new, from the UK and from wherever I receive mail from. Or whatever else you folks can't get in the States or Germany! Just PM me and I'll help out in any way I can.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Aww, Rosey, so sorry you're not going to play with us! But I know you're busy with all your other stuff, maybe next time you'll be able to join us!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I understand Rosey! I hope you will join us next time!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all, we got bumped down to page 2, the horror! Gotta get us back to page 1!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

The horror indeed, Darla.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Kory would never find you on page 2! Then you'd have to make PDAJ for KK Part Deux :>) ~Judy

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

So funny Judy!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hi, Terri! Where the heck have you been all day?!? I missed you!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

SO you are talking to me here but not on Deaux?
LOL!

I worked in the back yard most of the afternoon today, we are supposed to get rain starting tomorrow night and I have got to get caught up on the mowing before the rain!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-16-13 06:20 PM

• terrihooper Said:
SO you are talking to me here but not on Deaux?
LOL!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I was so excited to see you, I forgot I wasn't speaking to you! Oops! See what happens when you don't check in all day? You make me forget things, lol! Hope you have a great day, even if you are retired!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hello? Is anybody here and awake?

Page 2 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics