Page 5 of 6 
Username Post: PDAJ for KK        (Topic#1586733)
gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

VERY EXCITED, SHERYL!!!!!!!!!!

Vae's is 97% done. I'll take pics tomorrow and mail either tomorrow or Wednesday to Terri.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to gin1902

heyyyy everyone!!!

what up?

what I miss?

I almost flipped off the edge of my apartment's balcony, yesterday, when the wind decided to turn a blanket into a parachute.

I have this thin blanket thing, that I found at a garage sale, that I use to cover the floor when I'm doing anything messy. It got covered with bits of wood and sawdust, while I was playing, yesterday. I go out to shake it off, holding onto it's corners. The wind grabs it and lifts me off my feet! Crazy wind! Luckily, I caught the rail with my leg. I spent the rest of the afternoon calling people to tell them how I narrowly avoided my death once more...

I spent the holiday weekend hiding out at my apartment. Caught between a fit of depression and boredom. And my knee hurts. I cry.

Miss yall. Have I missed anything crazy?

-kory

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

Korybean!?! Is that really you??? Oh my I have missed you! Where have you been, what have you been doing, why have you been hiding? If you don't start playing with us more, I'm gonna have to ground you! Good to see you!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to chocolateaxel

Pictures taken and on the way to Terri shortly of Vae's journal page and the (perishin' sweet)little sign in folder. Will get it off in mail today or tomorrow. SO much fun to do Vae's page!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

OMG it is KORY!!!

KORY's in da house!!!!!

And that is CRAAAAAZY about the wind-- good thing for you that you hooked your leg! I do bet it is sore now though!

I have put Gin's work in Vae's journal in Vae's album in my gallery and Sheryl's work in Gin's journal in Gin's album.

Check them out!!

Kory- my work in your journal is in your album as well-- I put it in there a week or so ago--

Vae had a GREAT idea-- she thinks it would be a good idea for us to plan a get together to give our journals back to the person they belong to. We could Skype gin in with us-- What do ya'll think? FUN???

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to terrihooper

Yes! It really IS me! I've been in hiding. Which has been both nice and a nightmare. When I'm left to my own devices and shunning the outside world, things get crazy. My apartment looks like a madhouse.

I went on a craze at the hardware store. I bought one of the Dremel kits that come with EVERYTHING- so that I could saw/drill/cut/sand/whatev er. I bought wood and made a little toy theatre. It isn't finished yet, but if anyone wants a pic of its status at the moment, let me know and I'll text you the pic!

Speaking of apartments and tools. So, my neighbor is totally quiet thru the week- I dont hear much. But her kids seem to either show up (or wake up) on the weekends and it sounds like a Chuck E Cheese outside my apartment door. They SCREAM, SING and JUMP UP AND DOWN without any breaks. They eventually go in around 10pm and then I just have to hear them SCREAMING, SINGING AND JUMPING UP AND DOWN thru my living room wall. It makes me insane.

Well, because of my seclusion/self-imposed exile over the long holiday weekend plus the extra days I took off work, and because of my already mentioned habit to exist in an alternate reality whhen I'm left alone, I was waking up at 3 in the morning- so there I am, sawing a couple of pieces of wood in two, right outside my front door. That #@$*)* next door has the nerve to come out and give me a dirty look! Lady! I've listened to your welfare checks scream for up to eight hours nonstop, DO NOT GIVE ME A DIRTY LOOK BECAUSE I DECIDE I WANT TO CUT WOOD AT 3AM!

ohhh! Terri! I'm excited! I'm gonna find where I put the password and I'm gonna check it out!!!

-kory

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Kory- I WANNA SEE your toy theater! Please send me pics!

It is so good to see you here!! And did you say anything to the neighbor? I would have I think-- or at least next time all her kiddies are screaming, I would!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Hi Kory! I'd like to see your theater too! You should check out your album in Terri's gallery-it's got fun stuff in it! We've got dremels with everything too-they're way too much fun.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Several years ago Hubby and I were in HomeDepot and he was looking around for something. I looked down on a little shelf by itself and there was a Dremel Tool case filled with everything under the sun, but there was no packaging and no price.

I asked the salesman and he told me some ridiculously low price and stuck a price tag on it, then he said, "Oh, but it's not for sale because I want it." I basically said, "Sorry, Charlie," and took off for the checkstands and bought it before he knew what happened. Hubby had no clue what was going on, but he was happy when I gave it to him :>)

And yes, I want to see your theater-in-progress.

(I guess that embossing powder in the big jar on my mantle I talked about a week or two ago was something else...Welcome back, Kory...and had you not disappeared for so long, you'd know what I was talking about!)~Judy

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to mrsdriver5

I wanna see the theatre!!

And Kory you have a new nickname: Prince Phantom-Holtz

We're all princesses now, you're our prince.

Except for Terri, she's HRH Px3

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SJB1120

Kory- I so hope you like what I did in your journal--I am nervous since you said you were going to go look at it--
I can do something else before I mail it off if you aren't happy with it--

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• terrihooper Said:

Vae had a GREAT idea-- she thinks it would be a good idea for us to plan a get together to give our journals back to the person they belong to. We could Skype gin in with us-- What do ya'll think? FUN???

I don't have Skype and all I can picture is Sheldon the time he stayed in his bedroom and everybody had to talk to him through the laptop on the roller thingy with his t-shirt hanging on the front. But except for that it sounds SOOOO FUN!!!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

LOL on the BBT flashback!!!

Skype is VERY easy to use--

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Darla, the next AJ headed our way today. Should be there tomorrow or could be Thursday since it went out in our afternoon mail, not morning. I just stuck same amount of postage on it that was there before and stuck put it in mail at work. No long, treacherous trip to the post office. Walking thru 3 feet of snow. No coat, no shoes to speak of.... Ok, it actually just across the street from work. And it's not snowing. And I don't need a coat. And I wore flip flops, not shoey shoes. It just sounded more dramatic though.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Hi Kory! We have SO missed you! Your wit and humor got this bunch of wayward people together who have fast become friends. We have missed you and need you around.

This is a good place to be when your depressed. These people can cheer you thru anything. I actually love to play troll and stay in all weekend and not talk to anyone. This is how I came up with no shower weekend days. Heck, sometimes I never take by jammies off. They stay on all day. It's completely fun to trash the place and if yu feel like making something at 2 in the morning, you do. Obviously you did that. Cutting wood at 3. That's cool in my book. Not everybodies, though. Easy to get sad doing it too long though. So. Snap out of it! (grabs shoulders and shake gently). Do you hear me? Snap out of it. Someone get me some TH holtz paint or refills to waive under his nose. That should bring him around.

Sure glad you weren't in the vase on Judy's mantle. Whew that was close.

Did you make your own play house so you can have your own theatre. Plan it out the right way, or did you just want to bring down the house anytime you wanted. With your foot. LOL

I'm sure that was a lot of work. how the truck?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Korybean, You have been severely missed! Please don't disappear on us again!!
I want to see your toy theater! Please!!!! I know it's fabu! Everything you make is awesome.
I'm watching the weather, if it gets bad like they are predicting I won't be at Paper Crown this evening, but since I got my weeks wrong, she has the book I did for this month, and I'll just run by there after work one day this week and pick up my next one. We'll see what happens weatherwise.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Well I guess he has vanished AGAIN!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

He must have disappeared into one of Sheryl's treacherous snow drifts.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Terri's journal is on it's way to Vae, I actually made it to the post office today!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-30-13 06:31 PM

I made it to the post office as well but I'm afeared it will arrive during the weekend when KK isn't at work.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I have Vae's now--
I think Darla posted she has a new one, too (Gin's?)
Sheryl has Kory's

Gin have you received from Kory?
Vae do you have one?
Kory?
Please post at let me know where we are

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I am taking so things to Cozumel-- I think a sketchbook and maybe some watercolor pencils-- I may take Vae's journal!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Can't wait to see those sketches, Terri!

I think, but I'm not sure, that I'm supposed to get Darla's.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I think you are right!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-01-13 09:22 PM

Yup I got it in the mail yesterday but it's still in the envelope, nice and safe.

Gin, yes you should be getting Darla's.

I mailed to Kory but I think it probably won't get there until Monday or Tuesday. I've heard there are mail delays because of the storms and flooding. I might be able to find the receipt with the tracking number...maybe.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

Hi Vae! It was just delivered to my desk!

Gin, I'll be mailing yours either tomorrow or Wednesday. I hate to admit it, but I'm STUCK and don't know what to do, I just keep staring at empty pages!!! Somebody give me an inspiration word!!! PLEASE!!!

Oh what a weekend. Are these storms over??? My Mom's power is still out- she came over y'day to enjoy electricity and hot water and television and charge her phone and iPad. She said something about two transformers on her property blowing up and they 'leaked oil' and they have to clean it up 'before EPA fines them.' I was like 'doesn't OG&E do that?!?!' She said they told her she has to get it cleaned up. What!?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hi, Korybean! So glad you survived the storms!
Whose journal do you have? I don't know if I can help you with inspiration but I'll try, lol

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Kory, you have mine? Or you're mailing me someone elses?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Gin, I have yours, remember? I'm doing the frilly, lacy, frou frou stuff in it. I don't know who Korybean has, maybe Ms Sheryl's?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Oh! and Terri! Or HRHx3, whatever it is-

NO! Dont do anything different! I LOVE IT! Yall couldn't do anything wrong in my book, I'll love anything you do! And I LOVE your frog!!!

I had to go to a production meeting on Saturday early evening, and was running around with Holly B before it- she wanted to run by Basket Market- I found the three metallic Distress Paints - 2.00 each! And a jar of the 'dry' Rock Candy stickles, also 2.00. I was there in seach of watercolor pencils- but they didn't have any, this time. Those are so expensive at the stores! But I may just have to break down. Cuz I really want some!!!

I dont know why I'm so blocked, art-journal wise, right now. The blank pages just stare and me and I panic.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

yeah, I think I have your's, Darla, PLUS the one I just got from Vae this morning- I promise, Gin, I'm gonna get the one I'm behind on out to you right away! So stop laughing at me, Terri!!!
heeeeehe

I'm just so blocked!!!

I swear, Darla, the 'themes' from our PC group are so helpful, they really put me in a direction. Except for that 'a book in a book' one from last month- I really couldn't think of how to go with that one- but I'm semi-happy with what came out of it...

-k
-k

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Sorry I was confuddled there about who had whose. I remember you had mine Darla, with the lace and the pom poms~LOL Do add some chenille, won't you please?

Kory, I knew I'd panic when I got each one in the mail, so I doodled little sketches when I was inspired and all excited at the beginning. I did Vae's exactly like my little one inch doodle. Yours I did completely different and about the 5th or 6th idea I had. Chat with me when you get mine and I'll be glad to give you ideas! LOL

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

I see what you mean about themes though. Next round, if we have a next round, let's do themes. Or we could do themes in our own books and post them. Just add to our own art journals-keep going with them as a group, but do our own instead of mailing.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I hear ya, Korybean, I struggled with the book within a book. I guess I'm happy with mine, at least I don't hate the way it turned out, but I don't love it, lol!
So whose journal(s) do you have?

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

Chenille? You got it! I was also going to dab a little fake fur on there, you know-the really hairy kind? Thought it would add character.....

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

As long as it's fake I'm good-ooo, and pink. Make it pink fake fur.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to gin1902

ooooh fur in a journal! That sounds fun! I think I have some left over from my Halloween costume.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Rainbow. Rainbow fake fur. 'Cause it's so classy.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I could shave again and send that-- you could use it as fur !

Kory-- for Darla's journal why not do something around toodles? Or hot and sunny- we all know how much Darla loves the heat and sun of summer!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

• gin1 Said:
Rainbow. Rainbow fake fur. 'Cause it's so classy.

Classy- That be us!

I love the idea of themes! I think it would be fun to do themes in our own books and post them!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I think that would be fun. We'll have to revisit this idea when we've all got ours back. I have to sort of think there's a possibility that there might be themes emerging in each journal anyway and it'll be interesting to see if there's a common thread.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

yes, it will!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I would like themes in our own journals. That way I don't have the pressure of screwing it up. Cause that's when I do screw it up.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Oh and Gin, I have to say your drawings are fabulous! You are definitely a pro!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

Thank you kindly, Sheryl! If your art journal has a theme, do tell me what it is or what you'd like!!! I'd whole lot rather do something you'd like! Please, please, please, please, please tell me!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-03-13 05:32 PM
In response to gin1902

I agree, themes would be helpful. I always have the hardest time getting started.

Here are 3 prompts Kory, in addition to the ones everyone else has posted.
-winter
-light
-country

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

• designguyKORY Said:

Gin, I'll be mailing yours either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Kory, I haven't gotten this-can you send me the tracking numbers?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-17-13 01:50 PM
In response to gin1902

Gin, did you hear from Kory?

Does anyone know when the next mailing date is? I'm kind of thinking it's next Monday but not sure. I still haven't unpacked all the stuff in The Lab... Rob wants to put laminate flooring in there first. But I did find the envelope with the journal still inside last night... I was nervous with all the packing chaos that I might have a hard time finding it.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to Vae

No, haven't heard and haven't gotten anything in the mail. I hope it's not lost, but without tracking numbers I can't really look for it on this end.

Don't know when the next mailing is, but if it's next week, I'm sorry, even if I got Darla's tomorrow, I don't know if I could get it out by then. Sorry.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to gin1902

I'm thinking we need some royal intervention by HRH Queen Pretty Pants or whatever her name is, lol! If he's overextended, that is understandable, everybody gets overwhelmed at one time or another, we just need to know.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Ok my fellow PDAJers. I have a question. Did anybody notice anything from missing from the pages I made for KKs journal? More specifically the "actors"????

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

I'm having trouble with 3 and 14, but did you include yourself? Is that what you're meaning?

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to gin1902

Yep! No me, lol. I had it at work and a friend looked at it. She said, but you're not in here. Oh goodness! I forgot myself. I don't know how I'm going to get in there. I glossy accented all the pics on to the filmstrip and then the strip on to the page. Good thing mail date extended.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

Think I may just leave it. Acting is way over rated anyway.

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

I think 3 is Allison, but the last one??? Help me out!

TOO FUNNY! I think you should be in it! Can you add another bit of film or some other stage related visual and put your picture in there? Golly, I don't know what to suggest, but I'd love to see you there!!!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

On the item next to the chair??? Maybe? Or where K is on the film since he's also there big???

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Maybe you could be the charwoman, like on Carol Burnett, with you highlighted and sweeping up the stage, or at a desk as the head-writer or graphics artist or something. I agree...you need to be on there. Or just flashing the audience with your trenchcoat :>)

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

So Terri, am I to assume that no one in the UK is doing journal pages and they are all being sent to me instead?? If so, then you can send them to my US address. I would still like to add to your art journals, but if it's too hard I can wait. I have an art journal now too, finally bought it and it's adorable!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SJB1120

I will happily send you pages-- I couldn't get any response from our UK friends except they would do the pages, no one volunteered to be in charge--
I would also be more than happy to do a page for you, if you would like--

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Maybe you could be the charwoman, like on Carol Burnett, with you highlighted and sweeping up the stage, or at a desk as the head-writer or graphics artist or something. I agree...you need to be on there. Or just flashing the audience with your trenchcoat :>)

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Stephanie, I'll be glad to trade art journals with you when you come back-I'd love to have something of yours in mine!!!

Sheryl, what did you decide???

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

I have 3 art journals. LOL Not deliberately hogging them. I had Terri's from Vae's time, and today I got Sheryl's and Darla's from Kory.

Sheryl, I love yours, wherever did you get it?

Not entirely sure what to do right this minute. But I'm going to leave some of the pages open to air since some edges are sticking a little.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Well we are supposed to be mailing this week but we have a bit of a mess.
Poor Gin has ended up with three of the AJ's.
Jarvae by passed Kory and sent her mine and then Kory sent her the two he had which is what was supposed to happen. I have asked her to send mine to Kory- it seems she is working on it and will hopefully be done soon. And send Darla's on to me- She has not done anything in it yet so It will have to go back to her. And mine will have to go back to Jarvae if she didn't do anything in it-- If Gin mails like I mentioned above, we should be back on track and only have the two journals to get make-ups in (Darla's and mine).
So that is where we are--
I am mailing to Sheryl today
I think Sheryl has mailed and Darla has mailed.
Am I right?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I may change up who you send to next to get the missing work in the journals caught up-- I will let you know--

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 05:16 AM

Terri, Since I've been up to my ears in all this house mess, I couldn't really work on it anyway for a bit. Gin didn't have one last month so I sent one to her to have during my time. She can send that to Kory and it will still be fairly on schedule (we did get an extension past the 4th, right)? And then he can just send it to me on the next mailing, so that one journal will still have all the entries, just in a different order. Will that work?

Edited by Vae on 07-02-13 10:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

The extension was until this week. At least that is what I thought--
She is sending me Darla's without doing anything in it which get that one out of order, too.
What's done is done and we will just have to send Darla's and my journals back to the people that didn't do pages in them so they will be complete.
It really wasn't two months since Gin had one-- She had yours on time before the two she got from Kory-- Kory is now ahead of the game since he mailed two to Gin. He should be getting mine from you but now Gin has it and is working in it-- I have asked her to send it to him when she is done with it.
If she mails me Darla's, even though she hasn't worked in it, mails Kory mine and keeps Sheryl's until time to mail again, we will be in order for this time.
I can send Darla's back to her as soon as I get it done if she can do two in one time period-- Then she can send it on to Sheryl when she finishes. That just leaves mine to get caught up with you the last round. That will give you mine and Kory's at the same time--

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Well, I am SO SO sorry for getting the art journal confused. I hope yall (especially Gin!!!) can forgive me...

But I'm glad to read it wasn't really two months!!!
lol
-k

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 09:29 AM

My bad! For some reason I thought we were mailing after the holiday weekend, but these days I can barely remember my own name much less what day it is. hehe. Yeah I can do two in a month if needed... I never take the full month anyway I always just procrastinate until the end and do it all in one weekend.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 10:53 AM
In response to Vae

So sorry, I totally misworded that and I'm having one of those days. Please pay no attention to me today. But again, I'm flexible on whatever we need to do on the others.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

We're cool if having two doesn't bother you-- I still want to get together and give them back to their owners. I know Gin probably can't but maybe we could get her into Skype or Facetime?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-13 11:57 AM

I think that would be a blast. We totally need to get Gin onto Skype. I wonder if I have a webcam laying around somewhere... I used to have one for work and I don't know where it is now. What's facetime?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

It's an Iphone thing--Only between two Iphones

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I haven't mailed yet, but will get to the post office tomorrow, today has just been a bad, bad day. I have Gin's. Sheryl posted that she mailed a few days ago, so I should have it when I get home today.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day, Darla... and I miss you!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Awww- that's sweet!
I miss her too!
And toodles!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Awww, thanks, y'all! I miss me too! This bit€h that is always ranting and raving about her job is not the real me, I swear it isn't! Part if it is the company, since the restructuring last summer it has gone so far downhill that nobody is happy and everybody is getting [email protected] on. And part of it is that my thyroid is so far out of whack, I don't recognize myself most days. But hopefully now that my primary care doc is taking over managing it, I will feel better soon.
Sorry for the lengthy explanation, all that to say I miss y'all too!! I hope I get to Skypecrop with y'all Thursday!
I got the AJ from Ms Sheryl today, I haven't opened yet so can't tell you whose it is, but I have it safe & sound! And Gin's goes postal to Vae tomorrow. That is right, isn't it? I mail to Vae? Or am I remembering wrong? My head is so messed up these day!!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

I'm all confused just trying to read Terri and Vae's posts. I'll just sit here and do whatever comes my way and send it to Darla.

Darla, the one you just got is Kory's

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Darla-
The journal you just got is Kory's.
And yes, you mail Gin's to Jarvae.

My heart goes out to you-- my mom has always had to take thyroid medicine and when it was/is out of whack-- let's just say it wasn't/isn't pretty!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
I'm all confused just trying to read Terri and Vae's posts. I'll just sit here and do whatever comes my way and send it to Darla.

Darla, the one you just got is Kory's

Good plan my super sleuthing friend and I don't think any of the adjustments that need made will affect you or Darla either one--

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Yes I will send out pages to you all and Terri you can send me the collected pages, I have this great technique I want to try on them!!!

You have my US Address?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SJB1120

Yes I do!
I will send you pages for everyone's journal!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

I have finished Terri's journal and will be mailing that to Kory on Friday (tomorrow is the 4th).

I have also finished Darla's journal and will be mailing that to Terri on Friday as well.

I have not started on Sheryl's journal, but will be mailing that to Terri next mailing.

I hope this is what I'm supposed to be doing. If it's not, let me know before Friday 5th as I'll be mailing about 10 in the morning.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

WOW Gin! You knocked those out!
I can't believe it!
I thought you were going to send me Darla's And we were going to work it around back to you--
You ROCK!
I don't know HOW you did it and polish those baseboards to a high gloss!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Thanks Terri~my knees are killing me. LOL I'm almost embarrassed to say in addition to scrubbing the baseboards, I also did some touch up painting on them. Thank goodness we don't have company all the time.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

But imagine how beautiful your house would be if you did!
I am not sure it is worth it thought! LOL!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Terri I got Vae's book in mail today. All I can say is wow. We have some talented people on our midsts.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SherylEb

Pictures!!! I want more pictures!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SJB1120

I agree Sheryl! We do have some very talented people! And you are one of them!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Stephanie I have posted all the pictures that have been sent to me

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

I just posted Gin's WONDERFUL, FABULOUS, OUSTANDING, GLORIOUS and most ASTONISHING work in mine and Darla's journals in the appropriate album in my gallery!

YOU HAVE TO GO LOOK!!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Taking Bids for Bribes...get your super-duper secret password here...

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I seem to forget to take pics of pages Ive done- so if anybody has a book that Ive done a page in, feel fee to photo it for Terri! Lol

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• mrsdriver5 Said:

You are so funny!
And so devious!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

• mrsdriver5 Said:

An arm AND a leg?!? Judy, I can't pay an arm and a leg. How bout a back? It goes out more than I do! (boy, that is an old one)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Hey, Ms Sheryl, Korybean gave me the password! I'll give it to you for free, it's "NiceTryDarla". LOL!

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

When I had your journal, Kory, I sent Terri the pics of the cover and inside cover you asked me to send~that's why my cat is in your cover picture~LOL

Regarding the background you asked about~it's watercolor paints and salt! And probably too much water because if I'd done it actually in an art journal instead of a separate page, I would have soaked the whole journal. You can use watercolors fairly dry or with gallons of water, shake salt on and the salt absorbs the paint and leaves a light spot. Wait for it to dry and then shake/scrape off all the salt.

Regarding the "images" in your journal~they're not stamps. I drew Dennis's aluminum and brass water pump tags from the mine, a spring, some weird piece of metal from somewhere and clock guts we got from a guy over in Colorado. Sorry~I can put them in a pile and send you a picture of them, but they're just drawings.

Oh, and with the watercolor and salt thing~it's more dramatic the darker (and drier)the color and it's fun to experiment with different size/shape salts and amounts. Also you can do a layer of watercolor, let it dry then add another layer and do the salt on that when it's wet, but I've never gotten the results I wanted doing it layered that way.

Thank you!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Well, Gin, if that doesn't get some peoples' curiosity aroused, I don't know what will. I think my Bids for Bribes starting bid just went up :>)

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

LOL~had not meant to be a tease, but Kory had commented in Terri's gallery on several things that I just noticed and I never think to "converse" in gallery postings, so since it's an art journal thing I sort of answered here, but I never know how much or what is okay to say, hence my vague but hopefully clear watercolor/salt directions~LOL But if you get more bribe money as a direct result of my enigmatic descriptions, I'm mad keen on Bo Bunny Anthem stuff.....just sayin'.....

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to gin1902

Plus I could be lying and just making a bunch of stuff up.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to gin1902

Page 5 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics