Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Scrapbook.com New Look and Feel (WINNERS)        (Topic#1586901)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 04-11-13 12:21 PM

Thank you EVERYONE for all your feedback here and for helping us work out some kinks

WINNERS!!! (sorry for the late announcement)

nonnaslove
dollscrap
Mrsdriver5
Olesyak.
susanlk

I'll PM you your $10 single use coupon code in just a moment - watch for it

Scrapbook.com has been hard at work behind the scenes for several months. We've completely redesigned the website and created dozens of new features and upgrades for you.

- A completely fresh LOOK & FEEL. A more modern design with a fun color pallet paired with larger graphics throughout the Superstore and Gallery.

- Easier uploads in the Gallery. Plus, we've added the ability to GROUP images from the same project into ONE single upload and you choose the order in which the images are displayed.

- More FREE Classes (delivered via email) at no cost to you. Celebrity collaborations and fundamental scrapbooking basics, plus additional classes will be added regularly.

- Challenges will be connected to both the Gallery and the Forums. Users and manufacturers alike can create challenges and offer prizes with easier management tools.

- Users can FOLLOW their friends and favorite manufacturers. You'll receive updates automatically when items are uploaded to the Gallery, when products are added to the Superstore, when a new Blog post is available, and more.

- Scrapbooking news from around the globe will be aggregated into one section of our site (ScrapNews) and you'll be able to read multiple celebrity and manufacturer blogs in one place, rather than jumping around the web via your own bookmarks to get your news fix.

- Many minor changes have been made to the Superstore to enhance your shopping experience. We're most excited to tell you that you'll be able to see if an item is out of stock instantly, rather than clicking into the full product page. This will make browsing, shopping, and signing up for email notifications much easier.

**Please tell us what you're most excited about from the list above! We'll award 5 random participants a $10 coupon to the Superstore! (Prizes to be awarded no later than Friday, April 26, at 4PM PST)**

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kels

• Kels Said:
- Easier uploads in the Gallery. Plus, we've added the ability to GROUP images from the same project into ONE single upload and you choose the order in which the images are displayed.

This sounds AMAZING and I'll definitely be uploading a lot more when this goes live - page order is a huge deal to me and has been a big problem when I want to post a project of more than a couple pages. Thanks!

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to aquabunny

Another vote for the Gallery changes! Yea!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-11-13 12:51 PM
In response to momany

Can I have two things that excite me!!

- More FREE Classes (delivered via email) at no cost to you. Celebrity collaborations and fundamental scrapbooking basics, plus additional classes will be added regularly.

- Challenges will be connected to both the Gallery and the Forums. Users and manufacturers alike can create challenges and offer prizes with easier management tools.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to KimKV

I'm definitely most excited about easier uploads to the gallery! Will we be able to rearrange items in our gallery?! That would be AWESOME. Looking forward to the reveal!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Kels

• Kels Said:

- Many minor changes have been made to the Superstore to enhance your shopping experience. We're most excited to tell you that you'll be able to see if an item is out of stock instantly, rather than clicking into the full product page. This will make browsing, shopping, and signing up for email notifications much easier.

I LOVE the instant out of stock! That will make things so much easier. And I love the update with the challenges, as I just discovered challenges this month!

Question: Will there be an option after you add things to your shopping cart from your wish list that you can remove them from your wish list instantly instead of having to go back and delete them? Just curious!

Thank you so much for your hard work!

-Stephanie

Edited by SJB1120 on 04-11-13 01:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 04-11-13 01:08 PM
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
I'm definitely most excited about easier uploads to the gallery! Will we be able to rearrange items in our gallery?! That would be AWESOME. Looking forward to the reveal!

YES to rearranging any of the items in your gallery

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to cindy312

Looking forward to being able to group the uploading of los. But I love sb.com, and especially how easy it is to contact friends in the forum - you're not going to change too many of your existing fabulous areas, are you?!

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 04-11-13 01:10 PM
In response to SJB1120

• SJB1120 Said:
Question: Will there be an option after you add things to your shopping cart from your wish list that you can remove them from your wish list instantly instead of having to go back and delete them? Just curious!

Stephanie - there were not many updates to the wish list for this launch, but I assure you, the notes are still with our developers and that's where we're headed for the rest of 2013

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 04-11-13 01:12 PM
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
Looking forward to being able to group the uploading of los. But I love sb.com, and especially how easy it is to contact friends in the forum - you're not going to change too many of your existing fabulous areas, are you?!

Rachel - great question! There really aren't as many "changes" as there are "enhancements" to the site. The overall goal was/is user experience, so I think you'll be really pleased with all the upgrades.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Kels

I'm excited about everything but especially this:
"you'll be able to see if an item is out of stock instantly, rather than clicking into the full product page."

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kels

My vote definitely goes for the gallery uploading and being able to group our photos. Thanks for all the work you all do to keep this site so fun, addictive...and easy to spend our money on!

JessieGirl01
Resident
JessieGirl01
In response to mrsdriver5

I'm excited to see the new look and being able to follow friends!!! I can't wait to see the new sb.com!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 04-11-13 02:55 PM
In response to JessieGirl01

I love the idea of grouping in the gallery!
This is such an awesome site AND an awesome company!

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to Kels

I think ScrapNews is going to be my favorite new addition to the site, but who doesn't love Free Classes?!?!? Either way, I'm super excited for the new changes! Can't wait to see what else is in store,

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-11-13 03:59 PM
In response to denayc

The gallery stuff is pretty cool, but it's never bothered me much.

I'm really looking forward to the ScrapNews and having a lot of different blog info aggregated somehow. I enjoy many of the blogs, but I just don't have time to look at them often, so I miss a lot.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to stick

easier uploads and grouping in the gallery sounds great! Thanks sb.com!!!

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to tinadn

i am looking forward to the challenges!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Rileysmom06

I like all the new changes, but I think I am going to love this one:

• Quote:

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Sassy Suzi

ditto on the ability to group images from one project!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 04-11-13 05:50 PM
In response to Tina scraps

Easier uploads and ScrapNews!!!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

- Scrapbooking news from around the globe will be aggregated into one section of our site (ScrapNews) and you'll be able to read multiple celebrity and manufacturer blogs in one place, rather than jumping around the web via your own bookmarks to get your news fix.

I'm definitely looking forward to both of these!!!

LelaScraps-n-Stamps
Idol
LelaScraps-n-Stamps

Wow, hard to choose a favorite as all sounds good but I am looking forward to the Scrap News! With very few scrap magazines left, it will be nice to see manufacturer announcements, ideas and info

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I'm looking forward to the gallery changes!!! They all sound pretty good, though!

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

I'm excited about having more free classes. Having just gotten back into scrapbooking after four or five years of being away from it, so much has changed. I'm anxious to learn new things.

I also like the idea of being able to tell if an item is out of stock before clicking into the full product page.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-12-13 06:12 AM
In response to crichards1

I am VERY excited about the challenges! Can hardly stand the excitement here...Sounds like wonderful ideas are in play!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • Kels Said:

This sounds AMAZING and I'll definitely be uploading a lot more when this goes live - page order is a huge deal to me and has been a big problem when I want to post a project of more than a couple pages. Thanks!

Same here...gallery uploads have been my biggest issue!!! Excited!

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to Just G

Well, it all sounds good, but the thing about being able to see if things are out-of-stock more quickly will save me time and frustration. That sounds like a great enhancement to me.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to boysmom

It all sounds great to me, can't wait to see it! Especially the gallery changes!

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Kels

I am most excited about the gallery and uploading changes! Sounds fantastic and so much easier!

obadiah
Queen
obadiah
In response to Kels

WOOHOO! Looking forward to it!

kariyava
Guru
kariyava

The challenges upgrades are the most exciting to me!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

I too am excited about the photo groupings!! Dare I hope that we would be able to group favorites as well?? that would be just absolutely awesome!
and the search of the superstore showing in stock items is definitely a plus!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to OlesyaK.

Love it! Love the grouped photo uploads...that is great! Also love the following aspect! Very cool...can't wait to see it!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 04-12-13 10:59 AM
In response to Kels

Wow! I cannot wait!

What is not to like, heck LOVE, about all of the changes you list.

I think though that my favs would be:
    Knowing when an item is out of stock without clicking.
    Following!
    Being able to group load multiple images and order them.
    Linking Challenges to both Forum and Gallery
    ScrapNews! This sounds very cool.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to GMFTS

Challenges will be connected to both the Gallery and the Forums. Users and manufacturers alike can create challenges and offer prizes with easier management tools.

This.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to mrsmiller

Easier gallery uploads!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Kels

• Kels Said:

For sure this will please a lot of members.

Looking forward to the reveal!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to crichards1

so excited about the new changes. i love all the additions! looking forward most to more free classes.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-12-13 04:05 PM
In response to Kels

• Kels Said:
  • cindy312 Said:

YES to rearranging any of the items in your gallery

THIS is what I am most looking forward to. I am so excited!!!

Thank you all for all that you do. This is already the best site and you're making it even better!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Vae

Oh wow, sounds fab! Thanks!!!

Grouping projects and the Scrapnews feature are excellent ideas and I can't wait to see them.

Tenant

Being able to upload several photos of one project in the gallery is HUGE for me! I'll be uploading here way more often!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Kels

• Kels Said:

- A completely fresh LOOK & FEEL. A more modern design with a fun color pallet paired with larger graphics throughout the Superstore and Gallery.

I'm a visual girl, so this part of the list is what first pops out at me!

Any changes here are always fun & exciting!

So, on that note...I'm excited & can't wait!

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to Kels

Scrap News!! I'm always online checking out what the latest products are!
Okay-- one more-- the classes!

Edited by leslief on 04-13-13 06:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to leslief

I'm excited! I really like the idea of being able to choose the order in which images are displayed.

It will be great to know right away if an item is out of stock.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to Vae

Everything sounds exciting! Easier & faster uploading is crucial! New classes will definitely help all budding artists as well.

Edited by Abby0317 on 04-13-13 07:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

I like the idea of being able to follow a manufacturer.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

All of that sounds awesome! Thank you for providing such an amazing place for all us scrappers to come

I'm mostly excited about the new look and feel!

I'm also excited to get my order that I placed on Free Shipping day

NonnasLove
Idol
NonnasLove
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Very exciting!

I love the idea of the larger graphics and being able to follow favorite manufacturers.

What a wonderful site and thank you!

Victoriaj
Resident
Victoriaj

I'm looking forward to the classes, I always am looking for new ideas!

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 04-13-13 06:53 PM

easier uploads in the gallery sounds great!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Kels

This is an awesome idea!
  • Kels Said:

craftingmomma07
Resident
craftingmomma07
In response to Kels

This definitely excites me since I am always behind in uploading my projects and usually have several to upload in one post.
I am also looking forward to the global news. It will be fun to see what is going on and what styles are in around the world.
Super excited for the launch!

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007

the group uploads sound wonderful!!! GREAT idea

justowen
Governor
justowen

I'm loving the idea for the changes to uploading/gallery and the change to the challenges!! Both of those are things I've wished for! Wishes DO come true on sb.com!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

I like that uploading will become easier and knowing if items are out of stock.

When will the changes occur?

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

it's not broke why fix it

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

My favorite thing in the list is the feature for easier uploads. I can't wait to see that!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Crafting Marfa

LOVE all the changes! My fave is the easier downloads and the Scrapnews! I look forward to it all!!
Thanks for all you do on this site! I didn't think you could make it any better!!

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 04-14-13 02:58 PM
In response to Kels

A completely fresh LOOK & FEEL. A more modern design with a fun color pallet paired with larger graphics throughout the Superstore and Gallery.

I Love this! I am a very visual person .. & this sounds sleek & fresh!

Also the gallery upload & that fact that you are enhancing the sight & not replacing the good things!!! This is my go to place for all things creative & LOVE the whole vibe of Scrapbook.com. I am a much better scrapper because of it

Edited by Foamy on 04-14-13 03:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Kels

Easier uploads in the Gallery. Plus, we've added the ability to GROUP images from the same project into ONE single upload and you choose the order in which the images are displayed

love this new feature and i think this is awesome
to be honest i LOVE all the new upgrade...thank scrapbook.com

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Kels

• Kels Said:

This sounds soooooo exciting. I love seeing what artists are doing in other places and getting the info in one place will be fabulous!

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb

Easier uploads to the gallery will be great. The new look just too affect. I like it! Looks more modern.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to SherylEb

Just checked out the Challenge gallery! I LOVE it!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, Kels, I know y'all just rolled out the changes and things might look different tomorrow, but is there a way to change the size of things in the forums? Like the thread I follow all the time, now everything is HUGE, and it really hurts my eyes. Id there a way that I can change something in my settings to reduce it to a more comfortable size for me?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Kels

Anything that makes uploading images easier is Good for me. I'll hve to try it tomorrow.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
Hey, Kels, I know y'all just rolled out the changes and things might look different tomorrow, but is there a way to change the size of things in the forums? Like the thread I follow all the time, now everything is HUGE, and it really hurts my eyes. Id there a way that I can change something in my settings to reduce it to a more comfortable size for me?

I'm wondering the same thing...it's all too big now.

Scrappin_baby
Governor
Scrappin_baby
In response to Babylou

Looking forward to:
More FREE Classes (delivered via email) at no cost to you. Celebrity collaborations and fundamental scrapbooking basics, plus additional classes will be added regularly.

caliscrapper
Expert
caliscrapper

As a newbie...I'm looking forward to playing with the gallery and anything that makes uploading better is great with me!!!

I'm looking forward to the free classes...I've been out of the scrapbook world for a couple years and there is so much new stuff/techniques that I would love to learn about.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kels

I think this site is PERFECT ALREADY>. The changes do sound great. Thanks for doing them :

Drex
Drex 
Pro
Drex
  • Drex on 04-15-13 09:29 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Those of you who are seeing HUGE text on the site, try refreshing your browser a couple of times. It was large for me but after refreshing it looked perfect.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Drex

New features are great but how do I get the page to *look* the way it used to....the colours are all different, the text is different and not all of the options at the top of the page are there (new items, coupons and deals, etc...)
I just want it to look the way it always has!

Alison

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Victoriaj

Woohoo! THIS is what excites me the most:

May I ask, are you planning any alterations to our little red-headed sister site ScrapJazz?

(Ooer. I have a strange little time-lapse when I'm typing now... weird...)

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to RedSquirrel UK

LOL For a minute this morning, I thought there was something seriously wrong with my computer...good thing I had read about the changes and realized it was the new look and not my crazy computer. Once my eyes adjusted to new look, I'm thinking I'm really liking it!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Drex

Okay, I've refreshed until I'm blue in the face, I've logged in on my iPad, my home PC and my work PC, and it is still absolutely GINORMOUS! I'm sure all teh other changes are good, but I'm not crazy about this one. It is really hard on the eyes. Help!

marypats
Veteran
marypats

totally love love love the new look!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to marypats

Not high on the new visuals, actually - WAY too low-contrast.

Also, the topic lists are a bit broken in IE8, which I appreciate is not anyone's design priority, but as I'm unable to upgrade my browser (or install a different one) here on my work computer, I'm stuck with it. (The brokenness is this: When you hover over a topic and it now shows a preview of the first post, in IE8 you can't see the preview except where the white text overlaps the title of the topic above it.)

Also disappointed to see that the deal of the day is no longer in a banner at the top of the page.

Edited by aquabunny on 04-16-13 04:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to aquabunny

If you're still seeing huge text, try this.

Hold down CTRL key, and scroll up/down on your mouse wheel. Get to a comfy spot.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Aquabunny - I think one of my systems still has IE8, so I'll test on that one - hang tight for a bit, it will take me a bit to figure out which one it even is.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

I love the new look!!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

It's gorgeous! I love the changes I've seen so far. I'm SO grateful for the ability to see if an item is available w/o going to the product page. I've wished for such a feature for months now.

Expert
In response to MommaSaid

Totally missed this post...I was a little shocked when I saw the changes this morning! However I think I'm going to love the gallery changes and the instant out of stock feature the most!

Off to do some searching of new features...!

Nicole Martel
Idol
Nicole Martel

LOVE the new look! It looks fantastic!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Babylou

The gallery uploads since that is where I have occasionally had issues. Also the ScrapNews area sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to disneylisa

Are you having issues now? Or hoping they're gone with the update? You have confused the janitor.

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 04-16-13 07:24 AM
In response to disneylisa

Love the new look!Another great job by sb.con...love you guys/gals!

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to Bev1

Love the new look! Can't wait to check out all the changes!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Tracy F

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to Babylou

Love the easier grouping of uploads. Fantastic idea. Also love the following of favorite artists. The colors are pretty darn neat-o too. Love Scrapbook.com!!!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to kirasmommy

Caitlynsmommy
Veteran
Caitlynsmommy

WOW! I am so happy to see all the new changes! Just signed up for new classes YAY! I love that we will know if something is OOS before clicking and I love the grouping/order feature! Thanks everyone!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Caitlynsmommy

bears99
Diva
bears99

I missed this coming as well, and was sure surprised at the different look when I opened up my forum! I think I like the new colors because it is a little easier on the eyes than the high contrast. I am looking forward to the free classes....learning something new is always a good thing!

I LOVE sb.com ...it's the only scrappin site I check into each day and have forum friends on!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to bears99

The new look is great but I don't see any improvement in faster uploading yet. I tried to upload twice this morning and I couldn't get either one to upload.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Anna C

I think the ScrapNews section will be fun and interesting!!!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Anna C

The gallery is still processing. Hang tight for a couple of days for everything be spic and span before calling it a wash.

justowen
Governor
justowen

I should be working on my homework for my Statistics class, but I'm really thinking about going to the scraproom to make a lo so I can try out the new challenges thing! Not understanding exactly how it works, so I need a lo to 'test' on it...right?

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys

I've been playing and looking around the new site all morning and I have to say, I LOVE IT!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
I should be working on my homework for my Statistics class, but I'm really thinking about going to the scraproom to make a lo so I can try out the new challenges thing! Not understanding exactly how it works, so I need a lo to 'test' on it...right?

Absolutely.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Amarilys

• Amarilys Said:
I've been playing and looking around the new site all morning and I have to say, I LOVE IT!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics