Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: May Anything Goes Challenge Closed!        (Topic#1587211)
Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:17 PM

"ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE"

May is coming! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until May 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than May 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Quay Sadler
2021 We. 2175 N.
Lehi, UT 84043

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to [email protected] il.com (why their is a space in gmail is beyond me...so don't put one there. hehe)
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

4. Winner for completing the most dailies. If there is a tie, a random drawing will be done on random.org for the winner of this category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or before May 31st count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on May 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

"Volunteer Help With Dailies"
Week: 1-5 Quay
Week: 6-12 Julie
Week: 13-19 BJ
Week: 20-26 Karen
Week: 27-31 Quay

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...][/color] into the forum thread.

PLAYERS

paid=

Quay 10/10
Lyn 26/15
Julie (Julie101) 4/31
BJ (BJScrapsalot) 6/5
Ashley (amancuso) 3/10
Kena (Bubblegirl) 1/20
Teresa (Teresakay) 40/7
Julie (senora_x) 7/10
Norma (njr007) 25/31
Karen (splendidmoments) 23/20

Motivational-
Paula (Faithscrapper)

"APRIL'S WINNERS"

1. Quay "Most Overall Points"
2. Norma "Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts"
3. "No Winner for Random Drawing"
4. Sue (suegrnbay) "For completing the most Dailies

Congrats to everyone who won! Send me your emails so I can get your GC out to you!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:20 PM
In response to Quay

~Points List~

May 2013 POINTS LIST
BONUS POINTS!!!!

take +400 bonus points if you pay by MARCH 1st,
take +300 points if you pay by MARCH 5th,
take +200 points if you pay by MARCH 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (rub on, flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, chalk, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape (includes chipboard die-cut)
- PER flower (the whole flower not counting each layer)
- PER type of distressing (inking, sanding, crumpling paper, etc.)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 20 pts for each identical one)
- PER punch used
- PER each color of washi tape
- PER item used that is over 1 years old! (Includes the picture(s) if PRINTED over 1 years, not just taken over 1 years ago!) USE UP THOSE OLD SUPPLIES!!!

50 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
PER- creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
PER- chipboard/grungeboard/car dboard (not cardstock)
PER- using a quote or song lyrics
PER- having journaling on your LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) or 8x8 or smaller layout's (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER HANDMADE (by YOU, not machine made) flower on your project
- handmade frame
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using memorabilia besides pictures
- PER wet or dry embossed image
- for using one or more of the following themes:Floral/Relaxing Weekends/Graduation
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)

50 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else design or sketch to create an altered project or layout (take ONLY +25 pts if it is a card or swap item you designed yourself)
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:

- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture cut in the shape of a circle
- PER picture over 2 years old OR +20 pts PER pic over 5 years old
- PER black & white vintage photo
- PER picture taken during March 2013 or later
- for rounding your corners on your picture

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for project/page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies)
- 50 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 75 pts for 50+ words or 100 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS
100 POINTS:

- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points!
- machine sewing,
- for altered item/home decor item created,
- for scraplifting
- new technique for you, that you used, (must explain what technique you used)

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:21 PM
In response to Quay

~Daily Challenges~

1.Set up your siggy ie: 100pts an extra 200 pts if you set it up this way--->
LO's 0/:
dailies:
weekly's:
monthly:
2.Use your 2 favorite colors on a LO today. Use one as background and the other as contrast! 200pts

3.Create a LO Re-purposing your supplies/use your supplies other than its intended purpose. 250 pts

4.If you entered a challenge today take 300 pts. If you didn't take 200pts.

5.Make a bold/large title on your page 200pts

6.So daily Handmade item on your card or layout 200 Points

Use this sketch 300 Points
7 daily By Quay
8.Black white plus one card or layout 200 Points

9.Spend 5 minutes gathering up supplies and then scrap you however cant add to it you must use the supplies you garbed make sure you post a photo of the supplies 400 Points

10. Use a song for your layout title can be the title of the song or the words 300 Points makes sure you tell us the song

11. use more then one photo 300 Points

12.Do a layout of a mum can be your self your mum grandma 300 Points
Extra 100 Points Use 3 different items Eg flowers, paint paper in their or yours favourite colour

Rainbows, 200 points
Create a layout that somewhere includes all colors of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple

14.Get tilted
All eleements on your page should be on a tilt, only thing that should be straight is your background paper.

15. Font Frenzy +250 points
Use 3 different lettering fonts on your layout, example one for title, one for subtitle, one for journaling (handwriting counts as a font, each different style of thickers are a font, different cricut carts are different fonts, etc) *Bonus* For each additional font used (up to 5 additional) take 50 more points for a possible 500 points in total.

16.You must use 3 of any element that you add to the page and this does include pics.
Example; if you use 1 cardstock.. you must use 3, if you use 1 button... you must use 3, if you create a banner.. it may have 3, 6, 9 pennants on it but, if it is on a twine there needs to be 2 other twines also on the page. Only exceptions are for title and journaling you only need to have one of each, if you are using them, and it doesn't matter how many letter stickers, stamps, etc you use to create the title but if for example the journaling is on a tag... you need to have 2 additional tags somewhere on the layout.
300pts

17.TGIF +250 points
create a layout using the items from the following acronym.
T - tags
G - green
I - ink
F - flowers

18. Overtime!!
Everyone is on overtime pay today... get time and a half for all layouts, cards, projects, etc posted today (this does not apply to commenting points). To calculate your points take your total and multiply it by 1.5... if you wind up with a .5 in your total.. go ahead and round it up, we are being generous after all! If you are not able to complete this challenge today you may choose any one layout, card, project, etc to take overtime for at another point in the rest of the month.

19. unconventional + 300
use some unconventional found item on your layout
Items such as bubble wrap, ornament hanger hooks, fishing line, bath towel, modeling clay, feathers (we did them before they were even cool), printed napkins, map pages, drywall tape, film negative strips, chain... you get the picture. You can check out the gallery of layouts here. http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/24759.html

20. UGLY PAPER
** Must take picture of your papers and post them with your project. If it is double sided, please be sure that you are taking a picture of the side you are using and THAT side must be the side incorporated most on the project. You may use the other side on the project if needed for matting and such.**
Pick TWO pieces of ugly paper and ONE card stock.
LO - Must use at least 60% of each ugly paper. 225 points
Incorporate a THIRD piece of ugly paper and get an additional 125 points.
Card - Must use at least 30% of the ugly paper. 100 points.
Incorporate an additional ugly paper for an additional 75 points.

For this daily, you CAN to both LO and Card options. Only the points are different.
Now get out those ugly papers you have buried in those stacks and start making them beautified!

21.SCRAPS
Get out all of those scrap papers and use them up!! I know I have plenty and keep grabbing new paper. Not this time! Use scrap paper on your page, only non-scrap paper is your back ground paper/card base.
LO - 175 points
Card - 75 points
Can do both card and LO for today's daily.
Throw in some "scrap ribbon" for an additional 25 points on either card or LO.

22.Negative Space
60% of your LO must be negative. 250 points

23. Distress it!!
Distress it, grunge it up, etc.... try something "other than" inking the edges or using those scissors on the edge of the paper. 200 points.
For each distress technique "other than" the two listed 25 points each up to 300 points.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:21 PM
In response to Quay

~Weekly Challenges~
May 1-5
"About a Boy", Create a LO about a boy you know. Could be your son, your dad as a boy, a nephew or grandson. Must be a picture of someone as a boy! 400pts

May 6-12
Birthday layout of one your birthdays 300 Points

May 13-19
Create a Bucket List layout, 500 points
It could be what you would like to do this summer, before you reach a certain age, after completing a course of study, once you reach a weight loss goal, etc.

May 20-26
NO ADHESIVES/GLUE/GLUE DOTS, ETC.
It can be done ! What if you didn't have any of those necessities to scrap with. You would use any means possible to scrap? Get out those tools and use them. Start stapling, using those eyelets, brads, stitching and all means necessary. If you come up with a creative way, please do share.
500 points

May 27-31

~Weekly Photo's~
May 1-5
boy toy 100pts
something rugged 100pts
something blue 100pts

May 6-12
Something Yummy
Something You dislike to eat
Something Sweet

100 per photos

May 13-19
Something you treasure, 100 points
A morning ritual, 100 points
Mother and child, 100 points

May 20-26
Red
White
Blue
each 100 pts

May 27-31

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-21-13 08:23 PM
In response to Quay

~Monthly Challenge~
Counterfeit Kits:
Their are 5 weeks in May. So for the monthly you need to make 5 Counterfeit Kits. Pick 5 brand name kits and to the best of your ability copy the real kit. Their are other rules that apply:
1. Take pictures through out the process of making the kit. And post them together with the finished kit.
2. Make a handmade embellishment.
3. Make a picture or video tutorial of something you have handmade.
4. Make a front cover to describe your kit as if you were selling it.

This is a huge undertaking so I am making the points extreme...
10,000 points for all 5 kits done by the 31st.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

I'm in for motivational!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Faithscrapper

I'm in! Still thinking about my goals, though.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-22-13 05:19 PM

Glad to have you again Paula!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-22-13 05:20 PM
In response to justLyn

Okie Dokie Lyn...

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

Im in thanks 30 layouts next months ok so aiming for 60 was a bit of a dream lol

Ill help with dailies again Quay

Ill pay shortly

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-22-13 09:02 PM
In response to julie101

Ohhh Yay Julie... I am so glad to see you back!! 30 it is!!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
Ohhh Yay Julie... I am so glad to see you back!! 30 it is!!

Cant get rid of me that easy lol

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to julie101

I have not played along in so long, I wanna give it a try again. do you have a Paypal for sending money to, I didn't see one listed. I think my goal will be 5, that would be an Ccomplishment for me lately. thanks, looking forward to it.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-24-13 08:46 PM
In response to BJscrapsalot

• BJscrapsalot Said:
I have not played along in so long, I wanna give it a try again. do you have a Paypal for sending money to, I didn't see one listed. I think my goal will be 5, that would be an Ccomplishment for me lately. thanks, looking forward to it.

I remember you! And I am so glad to see you here again!! Something messed up the post for the email paypal account, so here it is...

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to [email protected] il.com(why their is a space in gmail is beyond me...so don't put one there. hehe)
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

I need your name my dear...and I can put you on the paid list!! I can hardly wait to see your work...And welcome again to our little challenge!!

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Quay

I am in for May motivational and I can do a week of challenges if you need me to but it has to be before the 13th .

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Teresakay

I have paid

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-26-13 03:28 AM
In response to Teresakay

Oh Great Teresa!!! And thanks for the help on the challenges!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-26-13 03:29 AM
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:
I have paid

Fabulous!! I've got ya down!!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Quay

I just paid. My name is Bobbie Jo but most people just call me BJ. Thankd again.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-27-13 09:03 AM

I kinda thought so...so BJ it is! I will mark you as paid!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-27-13 09:10 AM
In response to Quay

OK ladies ... I am outta here for the day, I am on a scrappy weekend and will be back tonight to see what is happening!! Have fun and come back often!!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

Not long now ladies I cant wait I feel everything has settle and can finally get some crafting done

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

Can I change my goal to 31 apparently May has 31 days lol

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-28-13 08:01 AM
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

Can I change my goal to 31 apparently May has 31 days lol

hehe funny! Of course you can change it...

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Quay

Put me down for 15 LOs, and I sent my money by paypal.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to justLyn

Thank you Quay

One day to go who's ready?

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to julie101

Looking forward to giving this challenge a go again. I have been out of the challenges for about 2 years now. They don't seem to be as busy as they used to be.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

Yeah were is everyone? there was a lot more players when I first joined

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-30-13 07:53 AM
In response to julie101

It has slowed down on a lot of the challenges from when I first started playing here. Makes me sad. It was so much fun having so many people here doing all the chatter! Dog gone it!

One more day ladies and then the starting bell will ring! Be sure to print out the points list so you can add up your points easier....

Anyone wanting to help with the weekly challenges let me know!

Ok I will be checking out the points on the April challenge to see who are the BIG winners!!

BBL

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Quay

I can help with challenges for one week if you need.

amancuso
Diva
amancuso

I'm back for this month. I'm going to go for 10 this month.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to amancuso

Wow hoo its the 1st of May well it is here at least and since Im have I don't give a *uc* day I'm scrapping all day kids are at school and hubby is away

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-30-13 04:54 PM

• BJscrapsalot Said:

Great BJ...I'll slide you in on a week!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-30-13 04:55 PM
In response to amancuso

• amancuso Said:
I'm back for this month. I'm going to go for 10 this month.

HI Ashley...glad to have you back! 10 it is!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-30-13 04:57 PM
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

Wow hoo its the 1st of May well it is here at least and since Im have I don't give a *uc* day I'm scrapping all day kids are at school and hubby is away

You think your so smart having May 1st come before us! hehe You just get to scrappin' then girlfriend! I expect to see a LO soon here!!!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • julie101 Said:

You think your so smart having May 1st come before us! hehe You just get to scrappin' then girlfriend! I expect to see a LO soon here!!!

Oh I have already done a layout just about to take photos

I'm waiting ever so sweetly for the monthly and weekly challenge

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

• BJscrapsalot Said:

What?!!! BJ is back and I can't play!

Gonna be a busy month with school ending and packing up my classroom after 16 years in order to move to a new district! I won't be able to play in June either as I will be spending the month in Puerto Rico! But I plan on peeking in from time to time and get ready cause I will have to make up for lost time in July!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to senora_x

Oh, and BJ I was thinking about you the other day! Weren't you the one that did the challenge where we mailed out random items (the same to everyone) and they had to use them on a page? I hosted once and it was great fun shopping! Miss that one!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to senora_x

Ok so here is my first layout for the month of May

Love You 2 By Julie101

400 Point paying by 1st of May
40 Points title
125 Points for bling
15 Points stickers
5 Points clean up
5 Points siggy update
60 Points pp and cc used
20 Points stamped images
30 Points ink and glimmer mist
60 Points die cuts
50 Points flowers
10 Points distress (ink)
10 Point punch
50 Points old items (flowers)
50 Points journaling
250 Points other challenges Volume Scraping, VLB Challenge, Scrap the Boys, stamp on a layout and Layout a Day
50 Points 12x12
50 Point hidden journaling

Hidden Journaling By Julie101

50 Points doodling
10 Points photo
10 Point person in photo
10 Points black and white
10 Points taking 2013
10 Point rounding corners
20 Points smaller than 4x6
20 Points over lapping
135 Points journaling
50 Points for hand written journaling
100 Points scrap lifting http://pinterest.com/pin/21124703874337019 8/

Total 1705

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-30-13 06:17 PM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
  • BJscrapsalot Said:

What?!!! BJ is back and I can't play!

Gonna be a busy month with school ending and packing up my classroom after 16 years in order to move to a new district! I won't be able to play in June either as I will be spending the month in Puerto Rico! But I plan on peeking in from time to time and get ready cause I will have to make up for lost time in July!

As long as you pop in we'll still love you! hehehe

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-30-13 06:18 PM
In response to Quay

Ok ladies I think Julie has her mojo back!! Better watch out for this girl!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
Ok ladies I think Julie has her mojo back!! Better watch out for this girl!

Don't get to worried its been like ages since I scrap

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-30-13 06:27 PM
In response to julie101

Ok Ok Julie...will see how it goes!!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
Ok Ok Julie...will see how it goes!!

Im planning a scrapping night:) haha tho lately been in bed by 10

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

Here is 2 more pages that I done in my smash book now its off to get the kids

Smash Book Entry By Julie101

110 points for title
125 Points for stickers
5 Points clean up
5 Points siggy up date
70 Points washi tape
50 Points journaling
50 Points doodling
50 Points other challenge VLB
50 Points larger than 8x8
20 Points photos
10 Point rounding corners
40 Points photos taken in 2013
80 Points photo no people or animals
80 Points smaller then 4x6 photos
20 Points for project with more than 3 photos
20 Points overlapping
135 Points for journaling
50 Points own design
50 Points hand written

Total 950

14 Things I love By Julie101

50 Points title
15 Points buttons
65 Points for stickers
5 Points clean up
5 Points siggy up date
50 Points cc and pp used
20 Points ink and paint
40 Points die cuts
60 Points die cuts hand cut
20 Points flowers
15 Points old items (buttons)
10 Points punch
50 Points grunge board
50 Points bigger than 8x8
50 Points doodling
50 Points other challenge VLB
50 Points journaling
405 Points for journaling
75 Points hand written
50 Points own design

Total 1085

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to julie101

Good Morning Ladies
My plans today are to make my Mom a mother's day card and maybe scrap a page but so far this week I have had no mojo. I only have 7 days of work left it's getting close until I am back in Virginia for good.

Have a great DAY!!!!!!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
~Monthly Challenge~
Counterfeit Kits:
Their are 5 weeks in May. So for the monthly you need to make 5 Counterfeit Kits. Pick 5 brand name kits and to the best of your ability copy the real kit. Their are other rules that apply:
1. Take pictures through out the process of making the kit. And post them together with the finished kit.

Wow this is a good monthly challenge mmmm better get my thinking cap on

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
Oh, and BJ I was thinking about you the other day! Weren't you the one that did the challenge where we mailed out random items (the same to everyone) and they had to use them on a page? I hosted once and it was great fun shopping! Miss that one!

Well, I'm gonna try to play along again... we'll see how well I do, miss our old group doing all these challenges together. Yep, I did the scrap pack for almost 2 years (pre-first baby) and loved it. I found a box of old and extra kits when doing y scrap room the other week. I miss that one too. Sounds like lots of things going on for you these next few months!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 04:38 AM
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Good Morning Ladies
My plans today are to make my Mom a mother's day card and maybe scrap a page but so far this week I have had no mojo. I only have 7 days of work left it's getting close until I am back in Virginia for good.

Have a great DAY!!!!!!

Yay! Homeward bound! I am so happy for you Teresa!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 04:40 AM
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:
  • Quay Said:
~Monthly Challenge~
Counterfeit Kits:

Wow this is a good monthly challenge mmmm better get my thinking cap on

I knew you would be GREAT at making these! Because you buy the best kits already!! And your so talented with your LO's! You go girl!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 04:43 AM
In response to Quay

Ok ladies I am making envelopes today to send my Mother's day cards out in. So I will be here to answer any questions or just here to bug you guys!

May is going to be a great month so let's not forget to post your thoughts and your daily life happenings! We all love to hear about what we are all doing with our time!

OK...I am going to go get ready to scrap and then I will be back here to pester y'all! hehe

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Quay

Ok more to share Quay let me know if these dont count they are home decor I made these for my niece fun inexpensive way to decorate a children room

Owl Frames By Julie101

100 Points for siggy set up
5 Points siggy update
5 Points clean up
50 Points cc used
40 Points die cuts
10 Point flowers
50 Points own design
100 Points home decor item created
100 Points other challenge VLB Challenge and Cricut Challenge

Total 460

Edited by julie101 on 05-01-13 06:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 06:38 AM
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:
Ok more to share Quay let me know if these dont count they are home decor I made these for my niece fun inexpensive way to decorate a children room

Owl Frames By Julie101

100 Points for siggy set up
5 Points siggy update
5 Points clean up
50 Points cc used
40 Points die cuts
10 Point flowers
50 Points own design
100 Points home decor item created
100 Points other challenge VLB Challenge and Cricut Challenge

Total 460

Oh they count!!! And they are darling to boot!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Quay

Happy rainy Wednesday!

400 - paid by May 1 (at least I hope it's May - the points list says March 1 )
300 - Set up your siggy ie: 100pts an extra 200 pts if you set it up this way
10 - done today
5 - update signature
Total: 715

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to justLyn

+ 400 - pd by May 1
+ 100 - May 1 daily to set up siggy
+ 200 - May 1 daily bonus to setup like example
+ 10 - done sameday
+ 5 - update siggy
------
715 points total

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 08:31 AM

Oh YaY! People!! I see everyone is doing a good job with today's daily...

SO, is there anyone willing to help with the dailies? If your to busy, that is cool I can do them. Just wanted to throw that out just in case someone would like too! (oh brother does that sound like beggin'?) hehe

Alright I am leaving to take DH to his new Heart doctor. Today we should find out how bad his heart is. Scary but I want to know the facts. Anyway I will be back around 4:00pm. SO keep up the good work, and get those LO outs!

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

I am back. Finished my quota for last month.

This time I will post my points, gotta remember to do that.

I am going for 20 LOs this month.

paid!

+ 400 - pd by May 1
+ 10 - done same day
+ 5 - update siggy
------
715 points total

(Thanks BJ)

Edited by Bubblegirl on 05-01-13 09:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 12:13 PM
In response to Bubblegirl

• Bubblegirl Said:
I am back. Finished my quota for last month.

This time I will post my points, gotta remember to do that.

I am going for 20 LOs this month.

paid!

+ 400 - pd by May 1
+ 10 - done same day
+ 5 - update siggy
------
715 points total

(Thanks BJ)

YaY! Kena I thought we lost you!!!! You sound as busy as me! I am so overloaded I could scream!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 12:17 PM
In response to Quay

Ok Ladies I am an idiot!!! I thought my DH's appointment was at 1:00 pm. It was at 9:00 am. [email protected]!! So now we have to wait 2 1/2 weeks for another appointment. My brain needs an over haul! Or DH needs less doctor appointments! grrrrr

Ok so I am back, and I have made 6 envelopes before I left. Now I am going to have pizza for lunch and then make the rest of my envelopes and scrap a LO tonight!! SO I am here all night!!! Yippppeeeee! hehe

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Quay

ugh... snuck off into the scrap room while the kiddos are napping... got a layout finished... took a picture and when I went to download them to my computer... the battery went dead in my camera! Oh well.. off to try and start another before they wake.

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot

quick question on points.... for the 50 points for another challenge.. the way it reads to me that is just a flat 50 points, is that correct.. or is it 50 points per additional challenge??

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 01:12 PM

• BJscrapsalot Said:
quick question on points.... for the 50 points for another challenge.. the way it reads to me that is just a flat 50 points, is that correct.. or is it 50 points per additional challenge??

50 points per different challenge I never put per did I? I will go change it! Thanks BJ

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 01:27 PM
In response to Quay

I Have adjusted a section of the points, it is marked ~new~ just be sure to get all your points on this section!!!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Quay

you 'r' a hoot By JustLyn
55 title
5 button
15 stickers
100 cs/pp
10 fiber, ribbon, floss, etc
50 die cuts
10 flower
50 journaling
50 another challenge – gallery inspiration
50 12 x 12
50 theme
20 picture
20 person or animal in picture
10 rounded corners
20 larger than 4 x 6 picture
20 3 x 3 or smaller picture
20 overlap picture
185 words of journaling
100 scraplift
840 Total

5 update signature
Total: 1,560

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to justLyn

Oops, for to add mark that LO as my weekly - it's definitely about a boy!

+400
Total: 1,960

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to justLyn

Quay I have decided to play this month there will only be about 4 or 5 days that I won't be able to scrap but I am packing my stuff I use the most like I am going to a crop so I will be able to scrap before I get everything unpacked. So I will send money Friday and I will do 7 layouts .

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 05:16 PM
In response to justLyn

Great LO Lyn, I love it! All the detail and color!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 05:17 PM
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Quay I have decided to play this month there will only be about 4 or 5 days that I won't be able to scrap but I am packing my stuff I use the most like I am going to a crop so I will be able to scrap before I get everything unpacked. So I will send money Friday and I will do 7 layouts .

Wonderful Teresa I will put on the other list!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Quay

lurking! THINKING about playing.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-01-13 07:13 PM
In response to GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

Oh Yay for lurking! hehe Come join us Pat!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Quay

Good morning, ladies!! It's good to see the returning faces!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 04:59 AM

Good Morning Paula! Good to see you here too!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 05:00 AM
In response to Quay

5/2 Use your 2 favorite colors on a LO today. Use one as background and the other as contrast! 200pts

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 06:14 AM
In response to Quay

Well I'm awake! Are you guys? hehe Been cleaning already and fixing jello for DH. He has gained back 14 pounds from his massive weight loss so that's good! And he made it all the way up the stairs without me helping him! WooHoo Just an update ladies! hehe

Ok so today, what are you going to do besides scrap? Talk... yep Talk! Here is a question to start the day off...

Answer this question and get an extra 200 pts today!

1. How old were you when you got your first kiss? 2. And was he the one you wanted to kiss?

Here's my answer...I was in 6th grade so I was 10 (I started school a year ahead of everyone) SO, it wasn't who I wanted to kiss me, but I thought it was wonderful anyway and wanted to kiss some more! hehehe An added tidbit on the question: Since kissing was so wonderful I decided to start a kissing club! Yep I really did. Eventually the teacher found out and I was expelled from school for 3 days! WoW! My parents were so mad. My mom was mortified! Now I know why! hehehe

Ok your turn!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

Oh Yay for lurking! hehe Come join us Pat!

I just don't think I can this month. I'm in the last 3 weeks of school...it's nutty and all consuming.

But maybe in June.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 08:25 AM
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Ok Pat...that sounds wonderful! Will see you in June!!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Quay

what am I doing today?? ran daughter to preschool, home for my sons physical therapy, back out to pick daughter up, we lunched at Chick-fil-a and shopped at Target, now laying with them while they fall asleep for naps, then gonna sneak off to work on a layout I started last night for the weekly challenge.

My first kiss.... the first one I can remember was in 1st grade, a boy named Bronston, he was my boyfriend.... recently found out that almost every girl in the class had kissed him and thought he was their boyfriend too. LOL

My favorite colors are lime green and orange... this is going to be one colorful layout! HA

+ 200 - first kiss story
+ 5 - update siggy
------
205 total

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay

My first kiss was in the 6th grade and yes I wanted to kiss him my parents went to school with his parents and they let me off for his birthday party came in and talked to his parents and had no idea what kind of party it was he was 2 years older than me and it was a couples party in his basement and the lights were off the whole time and we sat on a bean bag and kissed the whole party..lol although I was shy and did't want to answer him when he asked if he could kiss me so he said I am going to kiss you any way I loved it ...lol

Edited by Teresakay on 05-02-13 11:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident
In response to Teresakay

Count me in for May! I was on the fence - I really enjoyed last month and it was great to get so many pages done. But, I felt stressed as I didn't have time to leave alot of comments for everyone, when they have left great comments for me. But, as long as you guys are OK with that- I'll sign up again.

Quay- I'll paypal you the $.
Put me down for 15 layouts.
And I'll do a week of dailies if you still need someone.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to SueGrnBay

Dunking Booth By Teresakay
Weekly - About a boy +400

1.Set up your siggy ie: 100pts an extra 200 pts if you set it up this way---> +300
+200 for answering question about first kiss
points for layout
60 - title
10 - word stickers
10 - 2 brads
5- update siggy
5-clean up
30 - pp
30 - washi tape
100 - per other challenges scrap a page a day and volume scrapping
50- journaling on my layout
50 - 12x12 page
50-own design
30 - 3 pics
80 - people in pics
60- 3 pics over 5 years old
20 - page with 3+ pics
20- overlapping
115 - per word of journaling
50 - handwritten
125 - comments today
total - 1800

Edited by Teresakay on 05-02-13 02:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 01:26 PM
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Dunking Booth By Teresakay

Question Quay my son was 15 or 16 in this layout does that count as a boy for the weekly or do I need to do a page when he was younger?

1.Set up your siggy ie: 100pts an extra 200 pts if you set it up this way---> +300
+200 for answering question about first kiss
points for layout
60 - title
10 - word stickers
10 - 2 brads
5- update siggy
5-clean up
30 - pp
30 - washi tape
100 - per other challenges scrap a page a day and volume scrapping
50- journaling on my layout
50 - 12x12 page
50-own design
30 - 3 pics
80 - people in pics
60- 3 pics over 5 years old
20 - page with 3+ pics
20- overlapping
115 - per word of journaling
50 - handwritten
125 - comments today
total - 1400

Yes it counts, a boy is a boy...and really aren't they boys even at 45? hehehe

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 01:27 PM

• BJscrapsalot Said:
what am I doing today?? ran daughter to preschool, home for my sons physical therapy, back out to pick daughter up, we lunched at Chick-fil-a and shopped at Target, now laying with them while they fall asleep for naps, then gonna sneak off to work on a layout I started last night for the weekly challenge.

My first kiss.... the first one I can remember was in 1st grade, a boy named Bronston, he was my boyfriend.... recently found out that almost every girl in the class had kissed him and thought he was their boyfriend too. LOL

My favorite colors are lime green and orange... this is going to be one colorful layout! HA

+ 200 - first kiss story
+ 5 - update siggy
------
205 total

BJ...that is funny...they little player kissing everyone, funny he didn't get mono! j/k hahaha

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 01:32 PM
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
My first kiss was in the 6th grade and yes I wanted to kiss him my parents went to school with his parents and they let me off for his birthday party came in and talked to his parents and had no idea what kind of party it was he was 2 years older than me and it was a couples party in his basement and the lights were off the whole time and we sat on a bean bag and kissed the whole party..lol although I was shy and did't want to answer him when he asked if he could kiss me so he said I am going to kiss you any way I loved it ...lol

Why Teresa...you little hussy...hehehe I would've loved it too!! In fact I have been to those kind of parties!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Quay

OK,I have had a stressful week with all the end of year testing and stuff and really need some creative time back in my life to de-stress! SOoooo, I decided I HAVE to play regardless of how busy I am. I do have like 6 days at the end of the month with no plans so I can scrap away and I plan on doing nothing but scrapping for NSD on Saturday. I'm even being a rebel and ignoring all other things we have planned that day and declaring it my day because I NEED it! so put my goal down as 10 and I will see if I can keep up this month! Sending money now!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to senora_x

yeah Julie!!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to senora_x

hmmmm My first kiss. The first one I can remember was in kindergarden from a boy named Ty. He wanted so bad to marry me and live happily ever after and I wanted nothing to do with his boy cooties! Needless to say I did not want that kiss lol!

+200
+5 update sig
new total: 205

And can I just say I am so freaking excited for Saturday! I too have declared it my day, and that I will not be doing anything but scrapping away in my room while watching movies and junky reality TV. Sounds like heaven to me!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x

+300 paid by March 5
+100 set up siggy
+200 bonus points for using correct format
+ 5 update siggy
+200 daily question

pages: 0/10
total: 805

OK you guys have good memories because to be honest I don't really remember how old I was for my first kiss. Of course there was the boy I married on the playground in kindergarten but I think my first real kiss was probably my next door neighbor. We kissed in our tree house when I was probably around 13. He was way geeky and I would have much rather kissed the hunky neighbor that lived on the other side but oh well!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to senora_x

kind of going to miss the hourly challenges they did for NSD. I'm a procrastinator that works well under pressure so the hourly challenges were always fun and challenging! But on the other hand I can relax and just enjoy the day scrapping!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to senora_x

I was surprised by the list they posted of how many challenges there will be! And they are starting at midnight, a whole lot different than the last one I did a few years ago. I am going to miss a lot of it though.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 07:39 PM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
OK,I have had a stressful week with all the end of year testing and stuff and really need some creative time back in my life to de-stress! SOoooo, I decided I HAVE to play regardless of how busy I am. I do have like 6 days at the end of the month with no plans so I can scrap away and I plan on doing nothing but scrapping for NSD on Saturday. I'm even being a rebel and ignoring all other things we have planned that day and declaring it my day because I NEED it! so put my goal down as 10 and I will see if I can keep up this month! Sending money now!

You got it... glad your back!!!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

Okay, to answer your second kissing question first, it must not have been the one I wanted to kiss, because (answer to #1) I absolutely do not remember it at all!!! The first one I remember I was a junior in high school, and I should never have let him get away.

You guys have me curious, now. I will have to go look at the NSD list. I wasn't planning on participating at all. I am a very s l o o o o w scrapper and really hate to be rushed. Last year I tried to do the "warm up" and finished in plenty of time, but then I was not able to get it uploaded in time. I was so frustrated watching the little wait icon spinning around, finally getting it uploaded about 2 minutes after the deadline, that I just turned the computer off and called it a day. If they have changed things this year, maybe I'll give it a try.

+200 bonus
105 comments (5/1)
5 update signature

Total: 2,270

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to justLyn

okay, another question on the points list... for pic size it says for 'pics larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (then something about 2x2) or smaller' I am confused! LOL The layout I am figuring up now I used 3.5X5... do they get points???

oh, and for flowers it says 'per flower not layer' So if I took 3 seperate flowers and layered them together does that count as 1 flower or 3??

Sorry, I get so paranoid about not doing things right.. I will get this down.

Edited by BJscrapsalot on 05-02-13 08:21 PM. Reason for edit: still more questions

julie101
Diva
julie101

Just popping in to say HELLO and BYE that time of day to pick the kids up.

Tho I managed to get a layout and few cuts ready for the next layout.

I will pop back in this evening once kids are in bed to leave some love

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to julie101

Argh first kiss was by a boy named Toby in Grade 1 cause he was dared no I didnt want it boy germs ewwww

200 Points
5 Points siggy update

total 205

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-02-13 08:25 PM
In response to Quay

Love all the kiss stories!! It's amazing how different they are. Ok so here is the daily for tomorrow...

5/3 Create a LO Re-purposing your supplies/use your supplies other than its intended purpose. 250 pts

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-03-13 09:21 AM
In response to Quay

Well Hello everyone!! (who's still here) hehe

I have been up and taken my mom and brother to the doctors and back home and made jello for DH and pudding for him too. Now I am here and checking in to see if y'all are alive!

SO since you all have a life I will check back in a while!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Quay

did you see my questions up above about points?

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

Here is my May 2 Daily Challenge: Favorite Colors (Red & Purple)

Kiss Me By Bubblegirl

Off to tally points.

njr007
njr007 
Angel
njr007

Hi everyone.

Quay please put me down for 20 layouts.

I will be playing/scrapping this weekend with friends so hope to have lots to show on Monday.

I will send my money before end of night

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 05-03-13 02:08 PM

• BJscrapsalot Said:
okay, another question on the points list... for pic size it says for 'pics larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (then something about 2x2) or smaller' I am confused! LOL The layout I am figuring up now I used 3.5X5... do they get points???

oh, and for flowers it says 'per flower not layer' So if I took 3 seperate flowers and layered them together does that count as 1 flower or 3??

Sorry, I get so paranoid about not doing things right.. I will get this down.

Sorry for being late on this...this is how I do the pics. anything smaller than 4x6 fits into the small category and anything larger than a 4x6 fits into the large category. Then that way all sizes get points.

And the flower part. If you have a separate flower with layers, it is one flower. It use to be each layer and that caused a lot of trouble amongst everyone. SO one flower is one flower. Now if you take 3 separate flowers and bunch them together, it is 3 separate flowers still they just have been arranged in a bunch. Make sense?

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics