Username Post: National Scrapbook Day        (Topic#1587535)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

Is anyone doing something special for national Scrapbooking Day?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-29-13 08:02 AM
In response to cescrapper

Hanging out on here and scrapping

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to stick

I went to a 14 hour crop on Saturday in celebration of National Scrapbooking day. It was awesome and I tried out a bunch of new stuff. (See Gallery).

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to bonprof

Trying to get some mojo to start scrapping again... I have photos on order hoping new images will get me going!!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Sewflake

scrapping!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to SuperAllyFan

I just signed up for Archivers NSD crop. 12 hours for 10 bucks.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to anda11

I actually have the day off this year! Going to my first scrapbook expo in Orlando

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I told my family that the chef, laundress, maid, grocery shopper, cleaner, etc. will all be going AWOL. The only thing I will do is play with paper.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I think I am being obtuse but I have no idea where to find the National Scrapbook Day info. I did see it before. Somewhere. I wanted to take a look so that I could prepare for some challenges.

Anybody with the link handyÉ

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-29-13 04:37 PM
In response to corrie fan

I think this might be what you're looking for?

http://www.scrapbook.com/blog/view/217793.html

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 04-29-13 04:50 PM
In response to Vae

• Quote:
I told my family that the chef, laundress, maid, grocery shopper, cleaner, etc. will all be going AWOL. The only thing I will do is play with paper.

That sounds like a great plan!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
I think this might be what you're looking for?

http://www.scrapbook.com/blog/view/217793.html

That is it. Duh, the blog. Of course. I will check it later. Must.file.taxes....

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 04-29-13 06:17 PM
In response to corrie fan

I will be at Archivers too (12 hours for 10 bucks (If I am not tempted to buy anything. Don't know if I have ever walked out of that store empty handed!! Have fun everyone!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to ckair

I will be here all day, designing to my heart's content, and occasionally eating.

-Stephanie

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to SJB1120

Checking in early for the NSD festivities.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to sbartist

I am ALL ABOUT NSD! Love it every year. I've got everything ready to begin the challenges first thing in the morning. I've already warned everyone not to bug me - I'm scrapping! Due to health issues this year, there will be no chocolate But there WILL be pretty, pretty patterned paper!!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to meezerpleaser

chocolate of course i need chocolate to help NSD more happy

scrapmomof4
Pro
scrapmomof4

Hanging out here scrapping and doing a party prepping for our annual Cinco De Mayo party on Sunday.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to scrapmomof4

I want to plaaaaaaaaaaay toooo!!!
but it's saturday - kids classes start at 9 and go through until half past one, so half of the day is busted. Then there's a sale day at our LSS - meaning the other half of the day will probably be over too by the time I get home)) and DH has a choir concert that evening, so the evening is crossed out.. If (and that's a big IF) I get a couple hours, I'll prop the scrap room door with the dresser so NO LITTLE SQUIRMY KIDS can bust in while I scrap!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to OlesyaK.

The usual; getting overwhelmed. I'm a slow scrapper, and I have a crop from 10-4 anyway. The overseas NSD challenges don't start until after I get home, by which time I'll be pretty tired, will have to unpack everything, and then have a husband around to cook for. And it isn't even as if I can finish up on Monday, because it's a Bank Holiday here so DH will still be around.

Goodness, I still have a day to prepare and I'm getting stressed already! Chill. This is supposed to be fun, right?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
The usual; getting overwhelmed. I'm a slow scrapper, and I have a crop from 10-4 anyway. The overseas NSD challenges don't start until after I get home, by which time I'll be pretty tired, will have to unpack everything, and then have a husband around to cook for. And it isn't even as if I can finish up on Monday, because it's a Bank Holiday here so DH will still be around.

Goodness, I still have a day to prepare and I'm getting stressed already! Chill. This is supposed to be fun, right?

You are so right...it is supposed to be fun. Try to relax. Deep breathing... lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

My plans have changed now. lol I will be here cropping instead of going to Archivers. I should not have signed up due to my being under the weather. I cancelled yesterday. I did stop by & get my pics enlarged. I also found an adorable paper pack to use for my heritage challenge. I will be doing that.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to anda11

I'm thinking of giving it a try. I saw some of the challenges. I might do the washi chanelleg with one photo. But not sure yet. But thinking about it. Hope everyone having a good friday so far?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to justartguy007

• justartguy007 Said:
I'm thinking of giving it a try. I saw some of the challenges. I might do the washi chanelleg with one photo. But not sure yet. But thinking about it. Hope everyone having a good friday so far?

Justie, YOU DO IT!!! I did it here for years. It has always been such fun. One year I won a prize that was around 100 I think.
I may only do a couple of the challenges here but I am goig to work on my heritage challenge page too.

Expert
In response to anda11

I'm ready to go! I'll be here most of the day--hopefully my son's baseball game will be cancelled (it's been raining and snowing for two days now and isn't supposed to stop anytime soon...). If so, I'll have even more time! With any luck DH will be home too and can keep an eye on the boys!

I just uploaded some LOs so I could practice--love the new system!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to HuskerMom98

I have all my items ready to go. I have food and snacks at the ready and i bought an extra pack of glue sticks to get me through the day.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I'm hoping to do some pre-planning for the challenges here, tonight....
Unfortunately, my son's first t-ball practice is tomorrow morning and then he has a birthday party to go to so a lot of my day is busy!
I won't be able to do anything until late afternoon but I hope to get a couple things done!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Unfortunately, my son's first t-ball practice is tomorrow morning and then he has a birthday party to go to so a lot of my day is busy!
I won't be able to do anything until late afternoon but I hope to get a couple things done!

Alison, I think they said that all the challenges were all day or all week.

MindyO
MindyO 
Veteran
MindyO
In response to anda11

I am waiting up to see the actual challenges posted, and if I am still awake enough I will get some started.
I already got my pics printed, and some matched up with papers.
I got my family all set up with stuff to do to keep them out of my hair, and happy with daddy, including foods that daddy can make that they will eat LOL
and I got snacks for myself too! (Dr. Pepper and reeses!)

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:

Alison, I think they said that all the challenges were all day or all week.

Oh I know....I just won't have all day to work on them! I did pretty much all of them last year...I don't think I'll get all of the challenges done this year...
I will only have so many hours before a midnight deadline, I'm thinking!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

Goodnight everyone...I can't stay awake. I will see you all tomorrow.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to anda11

Hey everyone hope you are enjoying your day. I'm doing the washi tape challenge. While watching Netflix, lol. I'm getting into the creative mood today.

Justie

andtyler
Guru
andtyler

I spent a wonderful day cropping with friends!

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to andtyler

This was so much fun! I've never entered a challenge before, and I ended up scrapping a photo that has been an emotional challenge to scrap period for the Washi All Day Challenge. Looking forward to next year

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics