Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: May Photo Fun        (Topic#1587557)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO MAY 2013 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.

1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo and around the bottom part of your image you will see SHARE. Click the Link & Embed Image.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: May 29th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 29th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

May Minis:

1 - Abundant
2 - Colorful
3 - Made it myself
4 - Repurposed
5 - Antique
6 - Something new to you
7 - Odd Angle
8 - Budding or blooming
9 - Your outside
10 - Fuzzy or Furry

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

I'm in. I sure hope I will have pictures to share.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

I have faith in you Krista!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

I am back.

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to rockmom

I am here.........:)

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to nanasan

My May will be crazy but I can't go through it without you guys!!! Of course I am in. waaaahooool

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Welcome back girls!!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Count me in you cutie pies!!!!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Linnny

Morning.

I am going to try to join in this month. With surgery on the 7th I know I will miss some days but I can`t imagine not dropping in from time to time Thanks everyone for all the nice thoughts. I will just be glad when it is all done.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Lenethren

I'll give it ago this month please

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to julie101

I'm in for another month!

Awesome minis this month!

Edited by Anna C on 04-30-13 02:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

Welcome Julie!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hi Julie!

Krista now that it's May I hope the landscape is more photo friendly.

I'm in too. Thanks Lori the Minis are very nice this month. I've got all sorts of ideas. Now I just have to take the photos.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

JCI

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hopefully I will have some flowers this month.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to Greenacres

So I was going through all the new (or moved links) and couldn't find "friends". Well, then I did on the left side but under that is "I'm Following" and "My Followers". Why do we need this if we have the friends thing? I tried to do a search on it but came up with nothing. The following thing is new, right?

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

Hi everyone! I would love to join in. To answer your question, the following thing is new.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Msnickers2

I guess its like having a favorite artist but not adding them as a friend? You want to see their work but don't know them so you flowing instead of sending a friend request? IDK...

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to rockmom

Thanks ladies. I thought it was new. I see it gives no option to not let people follow you. At least you can see who is following you.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JFF..

April By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Welcome Shalene!!

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1

I be in please try more pix this months

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to smcdavid1

SO I had a brilliant idea for a project... was all excited about it, and it's not going to work! LOL @ myself. Our bed currently sits on the floor. I've been wanting to raise it up so that we can use under it for storage. So I figured "I've got lots of empty not used drawers from the kitchen makeover. I'll just use some of those as the "legs" of the bedframe, and then we've got plenty of space under the bed for storage". Well, get out the handy tape measure, and yep - there's 2 drawers in the basement, 3 in the garden shed and 7 in the garage... well, wouldn't you know, I've got 2 this height, 3 that height... etc, but not 4 the same! grrrrr Guess I will be rethinking that idea. Oh well, I'm sure I will think of something.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

I am in again!
Welcome Julie and Shalene!
Great minis, Lori!
Lots of crafting ideas, where to begin?!
BBL

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to 2xblessed

Krista, I know how that goes...

Hope you can figure something out.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Bummer Krista!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

LOL, sounds like something I'd come up with Krista. Sorry it goes that way....

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to rockmom

Hi Shalene!

Krista what a pain. I hope you can come up with something.

Lori can I see a picture of this fruit storage basket of yours? We eat a lot of fruit but it takes up so much space. I saw a couple of ideas on pinterest, but they were both too small.

Sher I'm trying to get things more organized here too. I don't know how things got so cluttered. I need a new system. I also signed up for the organization class here, I'm hoping to be inspired to get the whole house neatened up.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Krista do you have a Freecycle there? Most cities have a program called freecycle where people post items they either want to get rid of or get. I once recieved a used washer and dryer that worked great but the people were upgrading and did not want the hassle of trying to get rid of the old ones. My DD wanted legs for her bed and found some that way. It is a great way to recycle lamps, dishes, etc. I think if you type Freecycle and your cities name into a search engine like google then you would find if your community has one going.

Finnegan`s Sleeping Positions By Lenethren

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Lenethren

I'm in again!

Sorry ladies but I have to totally geek out on you!

Today, Michelle Obama made an announcement today at the White House about new hiring commitments for Veterans and military spouses...And my son was THERE! He got his picture taken with Mrs Obama, and I'm patiently waiting for him to get home from the airport so I know how long it will be before I can get my hands on that! I's post the youtube video of the presentation, but unless you know what my son looks like, its hard to see him ,but I picked him out. Ok, done geeking.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Heather4859

Dyana - the nearest big city has freecycle, but I've never used it. And as I don't like driving in the big city, I won't go there to pick stuff up. I'll keep shopping the thrift shops till I find what I like or I will just hit the lumber shop and make my own frame.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Way cool Heather!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Missa...right now I just have a big wire basket/bowl on the table. What I am looking for is like a 3 basket wall hanging thing I can keep stuff in. I saw one at the Goodwill about 2 months ago and put it down. I wasn't looking for it then....in hindsight it would have been perfect for what I want now.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Lori, like a 3 tiered, graduated hanging basket ... for veggies/fruits.. that kind? Got mine at bed bath and beyond, and got a cheaper one on ebay that I did not like as much. I'm going to try to line it and us it as a herb planter this year... try I said

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Cool Heather! NCIS is on, TTYL.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to rockmom

Nice fresh new month! I hope to do better, I usually post 15 photos the first week and then wander off. I will try NOT to do that.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Heather....yes! I will try BB&B...thanks!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

My mom was emailing me tonight and saw a hummer looking in the window at her...YAY they are back! I made food tonight and will get a feeder or two up tomorrow!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Mini#5 Antique By Erjaan

oldest thing I could find

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Night girls!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Heather that is really cool. How did your DS get chosen to be there?

Lori I misread, let me know if you find anything good.

Good night everyone.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

Mini #2 Colorful

TX Sunset Photo Fun Mini #2 Colorful By Rockmom

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to rockmom

mms

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Good morning everyone!

Today is day one of DH's long weekend. It'll be nice to have him home for a few days. We are going to one of our favorite spots on the Mogollon Rim, Horton Creek, it's a pristine area in the Tonto National Forest. I am so excited to get out and get hiking. Today though, it's lots of work at home.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Good Morning! ACU
Ok, late last night I went online and upgraded my cellphone service to where I am suppose to be able to go online. Tried this morning and nope. So, I am off to try and get help. Wish me luck.
BBL

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2
In response to 2xblessed

MIssa--Have a great time hiking!

I love to hike and I'm so glad that the weather was warming up and then got a cold front. So no hiking for me for this week.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Happy May Day By Rockmom

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to rockmom

Mini #3 I Made if Myself By Erjaan

Best perfume for a house is home baking!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to erjaan

DOO

Reflection May POD #1 By Rockmom

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to rockmom

NANASAN: NO MACHINE. I don't like to make bread with the machine, too confining and I love the feel of the dough and having more control. I tried machines. Boring.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to erjaan

Missa, ds was one of the first to complete an accelerated IT program thru a company that that is participating in the Joining Forces program. The Ceo of that company was there, with other reps from other companies that are participating and the CEO invited Michael to come.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Oh yeah, we are in a WINTER. STORM. WARNING!!! Up to 4 inches possible here. It was 81 degrees on Sunday

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Heather I remember your son taking a new job just a bit ago. Does he love it? That is really cool that the CEO invited him, Michael must be impressive.
I'd be curing too about the weather. That's a really rough winter you all are having.

Shalene, where do you live? We love hiking and try to get out as a family regularly.

Kate I'm with you on the best air freshener. We bake a couple of loaves a week and I love the scent, it's heavenly.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

speaking of baking... that's tomorrow. Down to one loaf of bread. I make 4 loaves weekly, and they only last about a week. Kids eat most of it for school lunches. Tonight I'm going to make "overnight cinnamon buns". You make it all the night before, store in fridge and then bake in the morning. So if I get up in time, I will put in a pan for the boys as well.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

OOO Krista, I bet those smell wonderful!

More winter here in TX too, freeze warning for N TX on Fri. at least we are in S TX and should avoid it.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Lenethren

Although I haven't snapped photos yet, watching this thread gets me thinking of this more.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to scrapwriter

ACU
Got nowhere re: cellphone. Everyone I talked to said something different. I will just wait and go to Walmart and see if they can help me.
It's not that I plan on using it for 'net that much, but I am paying for it so I should be able to use it. Right?
I took Daisy to Dr. Bob for a "mani/pedi". Her nails were so long she could climb trees. He weighed her and she weighed 13.9# which is a little less than she did at last visit. I told him that she acted like she was starving ever since I had cut back her food like he recommended. He said I could go back to feeding her 1/2 cup morning and evening. Daisy thanked him! lol Got her Heart worm/flea/tick prevention pills. Six pills cost $114.86. Thank goodness that only comes around 2x a year. Have to keep my fur-baby healthy!
BBL

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

I took some bush photos today (NO, not in the jungle or Australia, BUSHES, as in Oleander bushes)
I'll see if the want to load.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Evening!

I couldn't get online earlier...not sure what was up.

Heather is was 82 here today again....disgusting! I'd swap weather with you in about a 1/2 a second!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Abundant By Erjaan

The Oleanders are so abundant this week

Pink too! By Erjaan

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

Mini #2 Colorful By Erjaan

I am always amazed that something at drab and even ugly as produce such an abundance of beauty!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Night all!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Anybody else still having problems with this site? I have had a terrible time getting the photos to open up and then getting the comment to post. I had lots of problems with this site yesterday both at work and home and it doesn't seem any better this morning.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

Anna...last night was slow for me too. No problems so far this morning.

I just juiced all my key limes....got 1 1/2C of juice. I was surprised to see so much. I wanted a handheld squeeze type citrus juicer so DH found me one last night.

Got a few errands to run BBL!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning!
Anna, no problems so far this morning.
Well, the latest chapter in my "Cellphone No 'Net Woes" is that from now on I am going to fix my own problems or die trying! I got to fooling around with settings and changed one (don't remember which one right now) and guess what?! It connected! Still have some "issues" to iron out, but I got farther by myself than I did with the 5+ reps I talked to.
Now, off to shoot something. BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Good for you Carolyn! Sometimes you wonder how people have the jobs they do!

Decided to wash bedding today. U's comforter is the last thing in the wash now. Decided to do it today so DH could help me put ours back together. Since we got the foam style bed it is heavy to try to lift to tuck the sheets in....plus being a king size....I'll take help, thank you!

DH is leaving tomorrow to do another job walk through out of state. Next week, I think, he is heading to St. Pete.

Haven't had time to do anything with my juice yet today. I did manage to plant 80 of the key lime seeds I saved.....had about double that amount. Why did I start so many? Because I could I guess, lol! I found a throw away foil pan and filled it with little dixi cups. Kinda anxious to see what happens.

It is warm (and beautiful) here today. There is a nice breeze so I'm not complaining about the temp.

I just walked through the yard with the camera....I have a dandelion field. I put 2 of my hummer feeders out today too.

U has acceleration tonight. Need to decide what to fix for dinner. He gets a workout! Last night he got one too....I don't know how he left the ice standing. Good for them I suppose.

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

• Mrs PaulyD Said:
Oh yeah, we are in a WINTER. STORM. WARNING!!! Up to 4 inches possible here. It was 81 degrees on Sunday

I know how you feel! Yesterday we got a little bit of snow too!

Msnickers2
Queen
Msnickers2

• MissaOnTheRun Said:
Heather I remember your son taking a new job just a bit ago. Does he love it? That is really cool that the CEO invited him, Michael must be impressive.
I'd be curing too about the weather. That's a really rough winter you all are having.

Shalene, where do you live? We love hiking and try to get out as a family regularly.

Kate I'm with you on the best air freshener. We bake a couple of loaves a week and I love the scent, it's heavenly.

I live in Utah and we go hiking as a family at least twice a week

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

• Msnickers2 Said:
  • Mrs PaulyD Said:

I know how you feel! Yesterday we got a little bit of snow too!

We had snow yesterday too. Almost white out conditions. Sure can't wait for spring...

My cinnamon buns were such a hit, the recipe went home with a friend. Bread is already in pans... I feel productive today. Now to wait for DH to come home for lunch.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

JCI

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Hello dearies!

I had no laptop for a couple days....my router died. Verizon sent a new one and I actually hooked it up. Now if I could figure out why the printer is no longer working..... oh well

Hope all are fine! I have so much to catch up on!

OK....where are those minis...

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to 2xblessed

Good for you Carolyn.

First Daylily By Rockmom

My folks in southern MO are expecting 3 or 4 inches of snow, and I have never heard of that in May! Very strange weather indeed.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to 2xblessed

Hi everyone

Just...hmmm.... By Lenethren

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Lenethren

JCI

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to KristaDee

Lovely day until the wind picked up. did manage to get a small amount of photos. Tomorrow the petals with be blown to New Mexico.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

JCI

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI

The snow missed us. Amen!

13 inches 30 miles east of us... better them than me

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

wow Heather, 30 miles....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

JCI again...time for bed.

Heather, I'm sure you're relieved.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to erjaan

ooops, sorry I got that last post in the wrong thread....

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to rockmom

ACU
Good Night Ladies!
The wind has picked up here and the temp has dropped. Not sure what the weather is going to do tonight so I will unplug 'puter just to be safe. I lost one due to high winds once and that was more than enough!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Hey dearies....

All caught up with spreadin the love!!!!

I took my camera with me when we went out to do our errands and it remained in my pocketbook!!!!! Even took a pic of the minis since my printer won't work and I'm not in the mood to talk to a tech.....when I really need it, I'll do something about it....

OK....nighty nite, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Linnny

Good morning!

Denise, dd was telling me about the big temp drop yesterday. She said it was 90 on Wednesday and she was laying by the pool. On Thursday it was barely 60 and very windy. She said she had to put on a long sleeve shirt when she went for her run.

Heather, glad the snow missed you and Missa so sorry you got snow. We are watching a storm front headed this way. They say we are gonna get heavy rains with it. We probably will..it is prom weekend here in our county!

Hello to everyone else and have a great day!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

Anna....we are expecting a washout for the weekend. Scattered storms today. It's gloomy but not raining yet. I'm hoping to get something done in the yard today. Mowing would be at the top of the list!

**I take that back....it's raining now...bummer! Hopefully it won't last long today since they are supposed to be "scattered" storms.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

morning all

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

the birds are chirping away here.....it's a beautiful day!!!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

JCI

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hi y'all.

Yes, Anna, the wind was blowing 90 to nothin' and the temps dropped all day. I think it was 58 by mid-day and our average low is in the 60s and 70s. We were 89 here Wed. brrr its still windy and chilly today.

Oops Linda, get that camera out and use it....

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to rockmom

Hey ladies!

I am so ready for the weekend. Just that.

HUGS!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

The sun is finally out here! But, the wind is blowing like crazy! And it is cold enough my heat is kicking on at 63! No wonder my bones hurt more than usual.
Need to take Daisy out. Hope we don't blow away!
BBL

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1
In response to erjaan

Here is a little info abouth the angle
Afther Ike hit the island in 08 and roined lots of old pine trees. the have to cut them trees down. Some artists used the cuted trees to maket statures and put them around Galveston.
The angle is one of them startures

Angle By Smcdavid1

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to smcdavid1

JCI or maybe I should sing

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for neighbor would you be mine, would you be mine?" Aren't you glad there is no voice recording for that? You should be very glad.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

Mini#7 Odd Angle By Erjaan

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

LOL Kate!

I'm freshly showered. Almost got the yard done...did part in the rain....I was a site. Uman would have been the one doing it but I sent him to bed for not listening and aggravating his sister. I hope he got the picture...he was in bed the entire time I mowed, about 2 hours. He's steering clear of me at the moment, lol!

Thinking I'm going to make a recipe I found on pinterest. Well actually, I have a couple I want to make but maybe not both tonight. I want to do something with my eggplant, guess I'll work with that tonight. Cookies sound better though.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Missa....FYI, I got mail from you today. I didn't open it.

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics