Username Post: May Budget Challenge        (Topic#1587635)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome to the May Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of May. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Of course I'm here, Kelly!

My budget is $50
My wishlist is whatever I really really really can't live without!
Twist: Don't bust for once!

Anyone else going to be scrapping on Saturday??

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to SonjaC

I have never done a challenge like this. Are there guidelines like how often to check in? Do we report only at the end of the month? Do I just tell what I plan to spend and then try to stick to that? I might join this... but want to make sure I understand so I don't break the rules or do the wrong thing. I don't like to sign up for something and then not follow up. Thanks in advance for a ny insight you can provide.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I'm in

Budget how about zero dollars cause I'm so poor since we needed to buy a new car.

But ok I'll give myself $200 I have a retreat end of this months and I know hubby always has a stash away of money for me and I always need to spend for a retreat.

Wish List My Prima order I have been waiting 3 months for but really after boy papers and embellishments more bling stash getting low

Twist No flowers or chipboard need to use what I have first

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to julie101

I've realized I'm terrible at budgeting.
I think I will just pop in and say hi at times.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, we are all terrible at budgeting. I'm on the busted couch with you and Sonja every month.

Welcome, Pinkpaperairedale. Basically we don't have rules here. Just list your budget and your wish list. Then every time you buy something deduct the amount from your budget and share your shopping with the rest of the class. We love to be enabled. Pop in whenever you have time. We are a chatty bunch.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Kamananui

Lol I didn't bust last month didn't end up much at all

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to julie101

Julie and Courtney were good little budgeteers last month. I think Tammy may have been an as well.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

I actually resisted this great mega pack from the fruit site on Wednesday... was REALLY hard too!

I even walked into M's that day and DID NOT buy a THING! (Hope I don't give anyone a attack with that admission!)

I do need to go to a different M's b/c I want to exchange a Jolee's baby girl embellie I bought for the shower gift I made for some party hat stickers I saw for DS FIRST BIRTHDAY party invites I'm making! This is a test of willpower here... twice to M's in one week, can my checkbook walk out unscathed???

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Michael's is becoming a very danger place. I saw some boxes in the back and went digging. I found Inka Gold, Silks Acrylic Glaze, Twinkling H2O's, 10 packs of Gelatos, individual bottles of Stickles, Radiant Rain, Heidi S. masks, new TH stuff, and more that I can't even remember. Michael's is bringing their A-Game. I am going to be broke.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $75

Wish: Tropical Gelatos, 50 Diner Gelatos, Inka Gold, MS Epoxy clay, silicone molds

Twist: NO PAPER!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

I noticed that too, finally they are moving along with the trends.

I have a big decision to make. My gf has the cameo and used it once. Decided it's not for her and offering to sell it to me for $250. I had decided I didn't need one and recently bought a few new carts for my Cricut. She is going to bring it over for me to try. Anyone have any advice?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

The Cameo is a frillion times better than the Cricut. Buy it! I've kept my Cricut and carts, but I'm at the point where I think I'm ready to sell.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Kamananui

Well I spent $10 on some school paper for my daughter school photos I will post a pic tomorrow

$10 Spent $190 Left

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to julie101

Ok i am back my budget is 40 dollars.

Umm wishlist everything lol

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to babigirl

I am here! Been getting ready for Canada - we leave tomorrow and dealing with the bad days as they come and go. Yesterday was a beauty day - the Moose decided too nice for me to do work - we had today we could do that so we went for a bit of a shop (we needed a few things for the trip) and then to the pub for an afternoon on the patio with a few pints! I think I needed it!

Anyway my Budget is - oh ummm $100
and My wishlist
- a couple cropper hopper paper holders (if I can find some)
- Canada related stuff (from my old haunts)

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Tammy have fun in canada

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to babigirl

Hope everyone had a great National Scrapbooking Day. I celebrated by buying my Gelatos and a few Inka Golds from Ms using 50% off coupons.

Budget: $75-29=$46

Wish: Tropical Gelatos, 50 Diner Gelatos, Inka Gold, MS Epoxy clay, silicone molds

I'm not crossing off the Inka Gold because I still want the purple one. I'll pick up that one tomorrow.

Julie, you were well restrained on your purchase. Good job.

Shatema, welcome back!

Tammy, have a great trip. Hope you get lots of scrappy deals!

Courtney, how are you feeling?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I noticed that too, finally they are moving along with the trends.

I have a big decision to make. My gf has the cameo and used it once. Decided it's not for her and offering to sell it to me for $250. I had decided I didn't need one and recently bought a few new carts for my Cricut. She is going to bring it over for me to try. Anyone have any advice?

You can buy it new for $250.

I'm in!

BUDGET: $90
WISH: Camera bag. Sewing machine cozy. Expression cozy.

I want to get my bag and cozies from Etsy. I love handmade.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to runzalot81

Thanks, I've never seen less than 269.
If I decide to get I will from her, but not sure. I have so many cricut carts and I love my cricut. Not sure I will get my money's worth.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

When is the last time we've seen Courtney? Is she busy birthing a baby or something?

Hi Alissa!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

nope not yet - I did see on fb though that the room is now ready and her shower gifts all put away!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

anyway off in 10 mins for the airport - catch you on the other side of the Pond.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Have a fabulous time Tammy!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Safe travels, my friend!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Safe travels Tammy! Hope you made it across the Pond alright!

Kelly, I saw those tropical and 50s Gelatos and nearly caved, but I have yet to use the reds, blues and yellows I already have! I did finally use my Lindy's and Heidi S mists tho! That said... whenver you are ready to sell some of your Cricut carts, let me know!

Tina, I agree, I love my cricut and I only have the little one! I do want to get an embosser or a bigger Sizzix machine though... I finally played with my Sidekick this weekend (Pat will be SOO proud... LOL)

No way, Courtney's still got another month to go! I'm sure she's just exhausted! All that decorating and getting showered wears a pregger girl out! LOL

I enjoyed the little bit of NSD that I got (after 8pm *sigh*) Long story... but i did get some stuff done finally and set up a LOT more! One big thing that came out of this exhausting weekend.... DS decided he was DONE with nursing! I'm still pumping a little, but it's becoming more effort than it's worth! Not bad, my goal was six months and we made it over 10! I'm nostalgic and feeling a little rejected, but excited to have my boobs back to myself and to wear non-nursing apparel and lacey bras (not to mention having a bottle glass of wine with dinner)!

Hi Alissa, Shatema and Julie!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Oh Sonja, I'm sure that is a bittersweet moment in time.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Wow, Sonja, your son decided to give up the boob? He's growing up. So very bittersweet.

I thought it was too soon for a baby, but you know me. I'm an eager beaver when it comes to babies. I love me some babies!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Kamananui

Hello ladies so still haven't spent any money wonder how long that's going to last

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

me neither Shatema, must be a record

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I should take lessons from the two of you. I bought another (and final one for the month) Inka Gold.

Budget: $75-29=$46-$4=$42

Elyusia
Resident
Elyusia
In response to Kamananui

Hi everyone! I'm Chrissy! This month is the ultimate saving challenge month for me, since I've just moved to sunny San Diego and my job isn't ready to train me until as far out as the 19th!!! I have to make the money I have stretch!!! So far though, I enjoy being the little housewife.

My challenge for myself is to use up my stash (which has been years and years in the making) and only buy adhesives. The twist is to focus on challenges for my page inspiration!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Elyusia

Add me to your lesson list, Kelly, cuz I haven't spent a PENNY either!!

Yep, it's very bittersweet! I knew we would have to ween him eventually and I'd heard rumors that some babies actually ween themselves, but I didn't think he would! He was SO attached to his boobies! LOL Kelly, yeah they say you should at least BF for a year for the maximum health benefits. I'm still pumping, but what I get out is almost not worth it!

Welcome Chrissy! And welcome to So Cal! Where'd you move from? I live in Pasadena and rarely find scrappers on the West Coast. Not to be an enabler, because I fully agree with you about using what you have and saving your money, but there's a Scrapbook Expo in San Diego at the end of June that I HIGHLY recommend! It's much smaller than the others we have, but the workshops and crop are so fun!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

welcome chrissy!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Elyusia

• Elyusia Said:
Hi everyone! I'm Chrissy! This month is the ultimate saving challenge month for me, since I've just moved to sunny San Diego and my job isn't ready to train me until as far out as the 19th!!! I have to make the money I have stretch!!! So far though, I enjoy being the little housewife.

My challenge for myself is to use up my stash (which has been years and years in the making) and only buy adhesives. The twist is to focus on challenges for my page inspiration!

I like this challenge I should so do this next month

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Thanks, I've never seen less than 269.
If I decide to get I will from her, but not sure. I have so many cricut carts and I love my cricut. Not sure I will get my money's worth.

What is a cozy?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to julie101

Sorry Julie I don't understand the question.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I am here in Canada - yesterday we did a bit of touring around Lake Erie on our way from the hotel to our friends in St Thomas.

Will be heading out for Kitchener Waterloo tomorrow (so will soon see my children).

I have the sniffles quite bad however as allergies are going crazy here - forgot how bad they get and I got sunburned yesterday - oh well such is summer in Ontario.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hi Chrissy, welcome!

Julie, I think it's like a pretty dust cover.

Sonja, you haven't spent any money yet? Do you have a fever?

Tammy, get sun block and come Claritin. Then go enjoy your kids and every second of your holiday!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

I second that, Tammy! Slather the sunblock and pop a Claritin so you can enjoy yourself!

LMAO Kelly!!!!!! Possibly... Don't worry, I'll bust when they have that paper sale here as I have a $10 gift card to use before the end of May! I'm officially obsessed with the Down by the Shore paper line by Fancy Pants... I got them with my last Crop Chocolate order and put together a page with them and LOOOOVE how it turned out! Need more.... And I still want BB's Mamarazzi2 even though I still haven't used the original Mamarazzi collection yet...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

I'm still going strong.

Sonja, my goal was to nurse for six weeks but we went for 7 months. You did great! And it is VERY nice to have your body to yourself.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I agree any amount of bf-ing is amazing ladies. I only did with my first and he quit after about 8 weeks. Turned me off to trying for #2 and couldn't with #3. Plus think of all the money you saved!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

I couldn't bf as I had no milk and then after steph was born my milk came in when she was almost 2 months old - I thought I was going to die!

Elyusia
Resident
Elyusia
In response to SonjaC

Thanks for the welcome!!!

I'm down in San Diego actually, and I want to go to that Expo. My first one was in Anaheim this year! I went with my husband. All the ladies loved seeing him with me, and he joked saying he was the spending monitor!!! I think I want to do the Willy Wonka Crop. Sounds cute!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Elyusia

Oh for SURE Alissa! Love NOT having to wear 'nursing-friendly' apparel and bras... LOL!

Tammy - your milk came in at 2mo?! Wow... bet that was rough! How are you doing in Canada, btw?? Hope you're enjoying the family!

Thanks you gals! I'm getting used to it and glad i made it as long as I did! (The beginning certainly wasn't easy!)

Elyusia - I was at Anaheim this year too! (Be prepared, San Diego has been MUCH smaller... though its at a new venue this year so maybe it won't be as small, but Anaheim is HUGE anyway)! That's brave of you to bring your DH! I'd never bring mine for the exact reason that he'd be my spending monitor (spending Nazi actually LOL)! Whenever I come home from an expo, he 'browses' what I bought and I can see the abacus in his head ticking off the totals! LOL! The crops are SO fun!! I've done a couple until midnight and they really keep you busy with challenges and special sales, pictures and other games. One time they had a challenge to see who could come up with the most unique brad (someone actually had a brad in the shape of poop!!! Honestly, how can you compete with THAT?!) I usually go to the San Diego one as I have a friend who lives there that I stay with, but with a 10-mo-old and a tight budget, I'm going to save and wait for Ontario in the Fall... Hope you get to go!

I'm staying strong too (I must be sick...)! I've only spent $0.89 on a yard of red rick rack for a page I'm doing. (I can't believe I didn't have red rickrack!!)

Oh and it's going to help my budget this month that I WON one of the NSD prize packs!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I spent $10 today on beer paper, war paper for Ian and some Panda and zoo stickers for my dgd as we are going to the zoo to see the pandas on the 22nd.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I saw that you won, Sonja!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Hi Chrissy!

Sonja, congrats on the win!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Tammy that sounds fun! I can't wait to start taking DS to the zoo!!

Thanks gals!! Know I won a prize already, but wanted to do the week-long challenge as well... Tina, I saw your mini - very cute!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

just checking in to say hi!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Thanks Sonja, your's too!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Thank you Tina!

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your day and weekend! Mine was busy, but very satisfying! And my dear dear DH gave me a $50 M's gift card!!!! Now... what to buy... LOL!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

I hope you all had a special Mother's Day.
I enjoyed mine as much as i could. I have the crud. Sore throat, aches, chills. Feel a bit better today which is a good thing. We have preschool today, Mommy and me day

Elyusia
Resident
Elyusia
In response to SonjaC

You should post a pic of your prize when you receive it (or if it's a gift card tease us all with what you put in your shopping cart!)

I do hope I can go to the Expo in Ontario! It would be fun to go to a crop with someone too!

Today I was SUPER strong. I was out getting kitty toys (window bird feeders hehe) and I drove right past the Michaels that was in the same parking lot as my bird feed shop!

I've been having fun printing out cutie digital papers from CSI (Color, Stories, Inspiration) and making my own adornments for a couple kitchen/first home pages I'm designing. All I'm doing is matting and playing with color but it's still fun. I'm in like scrapbooker preschool hehe!

Elyusia
Resident
Elyusia
In response to Kamananui

Hi Kelly!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Elyusia

hello my friends - checking in spent $20 on myself today at Ms - got a cartridge for my xyron x, a t rex fossill sticker, and I can't remember what else but that is okay - I did some shopping for my dgd for her birthday gift too.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh [email protected] they hve the paper sale today... Color me busted then! I 'have' to use my $10 gift certificate before the end of the month! (Oh darn!)

Now... what should I buy?!?!?!?! Did anyone see the adorable new Key Lime collection from BB?! WHY do they do this to me?!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Hi ladies,
I have been sick with the crud all week but today I'M BAAAACCCCCK! I went shopping a bought a few things. Spent about $15 but it was a fun time!
Mostly clearance and dollar items i didn't need-LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Hello everyone. Sonja, I may be on the busted bench with you. I have to go through my receipts. Tina, glad to see you're feeling better. Welcome back. Tammy. I hope you are having a fabulous time. Shatema & Chrissy, how are you and your budgets doing?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

I'm still doing good. I was shopping around online last night and I have a whole new wishlist to save for

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

I am exhausted with 3 days still until I am home in the UK!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Hi ladies!

Tammy - rest up a little, girl! That's what vacation is for! Hope you're having fun though!

Alissa - what's on your new wishlist????

Tina - SO glad you're better!!!!

Kelly - Fess up, Missy, what'd you get and how much you busted? LOL!

Elyusia - I got my prize pack, but haven't had a chance to take a picture yet. It's a good one tho! Loooots of goodies!

I guess I am not busted yet... I spent $40 on the paper sale (counting the $10 gift card I got) sooooo here's my update:
Budget: $50-40=$10
I got the FP Down by the Shore, EP Little Boy, Kaisercraft Base Coat, and BB Mama Razzi2 papers, some FP and BB embellies, a Prima mask and a couple BB stamps. Can't wait to play!! Someday....

So what's everyone doing for the big holiday weekend???

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Dearest Sonja, I'm not sure how far gone I am, but it's far. I went shopping yesterday and spent another $60. Went to a Viva demo at my LSS.
Got some Silks paints, Viva Crackle, Viva Glitter paste, and another Prima doll stamp. Plus I pre-ordered all the new Prima doll stamps being released in June. Then went to J's and ordered the TH weathered clock die, bought some gelatos, and a few sheets of paper. And if that weren't enough my shipment from SB.com arrived. I got this:

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Hi ladies,
My gf dropped off her Cameo and wants me to buy it.
She doesn't have the patience to learn how to use it. What to do, what to do...

My grandson, son and daughter are coming for the weekend. I have expect them to start loading up the car and back out. This is ther first time going away with him and you know how much there is to pack.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tammy, hope you are having a great vacation.

Tina, have a fabulous time with that sweet baby!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

we leave for home tomorrow - exhausted but having had a wonderful vacation!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Safe travels Tammy

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Wow, Kelly... I'd say you were a little far gone after all that! Don't worry... $10 never stays in my pocket long so save me a seat on that couch, will ya?

Tina, how fun for you!! Enjoy your beautiful little dgs! And BOY if that isn't the truth!! We're going to Monterey this weekend for four days and DH has already nearly filled our SUV FULL!! It's a full-sized vehicle for Pete's sake!!! He's just one tiny baby and it's only FOUR days!! Yeeeesh....

Tammy, safe trip home!! Glad you had a great vacation - hope you can rest a little when you get home tho!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

am safely home now in England.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, glad you are home safe and sound.

Tina, how are you enjoying the Cameo?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I so want a silhouette but perhaps I shall put that on my Christmas list

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I haven't had a chance to even go in my scraproom. My son, dil, and grandson were visiting and graduations this weekend. Maybe tomorrow.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

Sonja, I want Fancy Pants Swagger and some of the texture stamps by BoBunny.

Had to replace our TV this weekend. I be broke.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Am I the only one that busted this month?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

nope I guess not. I just joined SU again so that was $99 I hadn't planned on spending but I wanted me some things and one was $89 that is retiring so for $10 more I got $150 worth of product.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Well I didn't set a budget but have been spending. Bought a few things from CTMH. Spent about $35.
Then spent $1 at J's for paper.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

Ok, I was totally MIA and I posted on April's thread. Totally off my game. Anyway, my laptop's power cord got fried and I just got my new one last night. We went to the cities and I went to Duluth, so I got my scrappy shopping on. I thought I signed in for this challenge, but I didn't.

In all fairness, here's what I got!
Viva pearl pen $3 at Hobby Lobby
Clear stamp, 3D dots, Bazzill 12x12 pprs $17 at M's
Pprs and tombow $14 A's
3D adhesive at J's $3
Total $37

The Bazzill is to restock my stash and everything else is to make cards for OWH.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to kdinsmore

So glad my butt isn't the only one warming the bench.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

I'msurprised I didn't bust actually, Kelly.... what with all the sales going on this weekend! But I held firm... maybe I can do it one more day and actually NOT bust for the first time... uhm... EVER!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

June challenge is up.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics