Username Post: A Week in the Life WEEK LONG MINI ALBUM Challenge (NSD 2013)        (Topic#1587825)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-04-13 04:44 PM

WINNERS: TreniMemories Olesyak. Nicolemartel Jbowers06 pickledplum981 **********PLEASE PM ME (kels) with your FULL NAME AND PHYSICAL MAILING ADDRESS. Thank you & Congrats!**********

For this challenge I really want you to create a mini-album (or short album) about your EVERYDAY moments. The pages/pictures in your mini can be ANYTHING you want them to be�

You can start by watching this video which showcases some completed "Day/Week in the Life..." mini albums.
http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/4009.html

Rules:
1. Create one brand new mini-album (or regular-sized, short album) with at least 1 complete cover and 5 completed pages WITH PICTURES. Your mini-album must adhere to the theme of "everyday" or it will not be eligible. EX: Going to Disneyland is not an "everyday" occurrence, so please, don't include it in your mini or make your entire mini about Disneyland. We're looking for the "everyday" happenings you might not otherwise remember in years to come. 2. You must JOIN this challenge. 3. Your brand new mini-book MUST be uploaded to the Scrapbook.com Gallery AS A MULTI-IMAGE PROJECT by midnight PST on Saturday May 11, 2013. You must checkmark the appropriate challenge box during the upload process.

View Challenge Here: A Week in the Life WEEK LONG MINI ALBUM Challenge (NSD 2013)

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Kels

I looked for this challenge this morning and couldnt see it - I thought I must have missed the joining time. I LOVED the week long challenge last year, and have introduced so many people to scrapping as a result of showing them that album.

I am thrilled to bits that I haven't missed it, and I now have a week to complete it - yay!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-04-13 05:36 PM
In response to RachelUK

I have a really cute idea for this but I'm pretty certain I won't be able to do it, my work is super busy right now and I'm just exhausted at the end of each day. I'll have to save this idea for another time

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 05-04-13 05:52 PM
In response to stick

I'm in!

Expert
In response to vawm

I'm in--looks to be a great way to use up a lot of the [email protected] products that I have leftover from a project!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to HuskerMom98

Since my life involves constantly going to the hospital since 3/26 when Marshal was born 2.5mos early and he's still in ICU I would like to do an album for the ups & downs we've been thru thus far at 6wks of age next Tues - would that qualify since it has been and will be (they say until June 15th his due date) our everyday routine?

Tenant
In response to SnowDog

Yay, I got mine uploaded.

Edited by scrapbooker1030 on 05-04-13 08:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-04-13 10:46 PM
In response to SnowDog

• SnowDog Said:
Since my life involves constantly going to the hospital since 3/26 when Marshal was born 2.5mos early and he's still in ICU I would like to do an album for the ups & downs we've been thru thus far at 6wks of age next Tues - would that qualify since it has been and will be (they say until June 15th his due date) our everyday routine?

This will be fine! Best wishes to your tiny one... I look forward to seeing your special memories!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Kels

Do smash books count?

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Do smash books count?

Kels's example is a Smashbook so I'm assuming it'll work. That's what I was hoping to use too

chaton_13
Guru
chaton_13
In response to SuperAllyFan

I think this will be a cool idea. Do a random week each year.... That's a cool way to do a glimpse back years from now.

Tenant
In response to chaton_13

How do I upload my project as a Multi-image project. I can't figure it out.

Thanks

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to scrappyali

• scrappyali Said:
How do I upload my project as a Multi-image project. I can't figure it out.

Thanks

When you upload your first page, don't submit it, upload all the other pages too so that you can see them all sitting there. It then gives you the option to submit them as multiples of the one project. Hope that helps!!

Briggits
New Kid On the Block
Briggits

By regular sized album, do you mean we can use standard 12x12 paper in the standard albums, but make sure we only fill 5 pages of that album?

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-06-13 07:35 AM
In response to Briggits

• Briggits Said:
By regular sized album, do you mean we can use standard 12x12 paper in the standard albums, but make sure we only fill 5 pages of that album?

Yep - exactly Some people just don't like mini's... so we give the 12x12 alternative.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-06-13 07:35 AM
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Do smash books count?

YEP SMASH Away!

Cara88
Cara88 
Expert
Cara88
In response to Kels

Very excited to do this challenge!! Ordering prints today so I have them to scrap =)

Briggits
New Kid On the Block
Briggits
In response to Cara88

Just a couple more questions:

Does the cover need to have pictures in/on it as well?

And...does it have to be entitled "A day in the life" or "A week in the life?", or can we pick our own titles?

Thanks!

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-07-13 07:33 AM
In response to Briggits

You can choose your own title and you do NOT need to include a photo on the cover if you do not want to

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Kels

I love this! I want to make a mini but don't own any and my LSS doesn't carry them. I won't get to Altoona (probably 35-40 miles away) before Saturday.

Do you have any clever ideas for handmade minis?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to klweist

This is actually the Christmas gift thread, but there are some GREAT mini ideas in there.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/13858...

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to klweist

• klweist Said:

i've seen minis made of toilet paper rolls - flattened and turned into pockets. cardboard from cereal boxes. clear transparencies from school/office supply. anything essentially, just punch the holes.
(not sure how you can get 5 or more empty toilet paper rolls until Sat... LOL))

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to OlesyaK.

klweist- A mini photo album, just slide papers inside or use a hole punch and bind with a metal ring used in offices-sorry not sure what it's called.
Or even a spiral notebook. Have you seen Heidi swapp's ideas with the file folders. I made them! awesome!!

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky
In response to klweist

• klweist Said:
I love this! I want to make a mini but don't own any and my LSS doesn't carry them. I won't get to Altoona (probably 35-40 miles away) before Saturday.

You can always use pieces of cardstock (8 1/2 X 11) folded in half to create a mini that's 5 1/2 wide by 8 1/2 tall - more like a journal. Punch holes in all the pages add binder rings or ribbon to hold everything together. Add two pieces of cardboard for the front and back covers. And you've got a homemade mini.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to happy go lucky

Thanks for all the great ideas, ladies. I had received a mini in one of my RAKs but can't seem to find it right now. Oh, well I'm sure it will show up after the challenge is over...

I have cardstock and cardboard, so I'll probably use that idea.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to klweist

paper lunch bags also make great minis-you can check out youtube for tons of fun tutorials on them and other types of minis! As well as fun ways to bind them if you don't have rings on hand.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to MrsAnnieS

Am I the only one who *cannot* get past the toilet paper thing? Can't do it.

My favorite thing to make minis from, personally, is brown paper bags. Alternate which end points which way, sew a line down the middle, and have at it.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Ooh, I just thought of an old blank journal I have that would make a great album for this and would have plenty of room to add more stuff in the future. (I got it as some kind of door prize in 1999 and I have never written in it, because that would ruin it! *ha ha*)

AngelaB1978
Veteran
AngelaB1978
In response to aquabunny

Can I still join this challenge?

jbowers06
Veteran
jbowers06
In response to klweist

Can the album be about my dog's life - I have a ton of everyday photos that I take of them (because they are sooo stinkin' cute) but never really get to use them?

NuttyScraps
Guru
NuttyScraps
In response to jbowers06

Minis are my absolute FAV way of scrapping right now. And there are so, so many ways to do them! I just hope I can come up with enough every-day photos this week to make this work!

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-09-13 10:37 AM
In response to AngelaB1978

• AngelaB1978 Said:
Can I still join this challenge?

Yes - you just have to have your album completed by Saturday at Midnight PST.

Join Here: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=challen ge&ch...

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-09-13 10:38 AM
In response to jbowers06

• jbowers06 Said:
Can the album be about my dog's life - I have a ton of everyday photos that I take of them (because they are sooo stinkin' cute) but never really get to use them?

Yes - absolutely! Can't wait to see how it turns out

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to klweist

I was reluctant at first to scrap about myself but after the first page I was hooked. I am thinking I may need to go back and add more. Thanks for the challenge

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • klweist Said:

i've seen minis made of toilet paper rolls - flattened and turned into pockets. cardboard from cereal boxes. clear transparencies from school/office supply. anything essentially, just punch the holes.
(not sure how you can get 5 or more empty toilet paper rolls until Sat... LOL))

I have a stash of flattened toilet paper rolls just in case! I love making them uses so many scraps!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to AuntyT

Both bathrooms at my house finished a toilet paper roll this week, and I scavenged two from the bathroom at work yesterday. It'll be my first try at a toilet roll album - if I need more I can cut down a paper towel roll.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Both bathrooms at my house finished a toilet paper roll this week, and I scavenged two from the bathroom at work yesterday. It'll be my first try at a toilet roll album - if I need more I can cut down a paper towel roll.

I've seen the finished albums and they are awesome - flattened rolls make great ready pockets - but I'm with Meg - just can't do it...

loooove shaped chipboard albums, but they make for a lot of fussy cutting and sanding. long and tedious. and long. and tedious. sigh..

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

Well, my understanding is that paper is generally not a very friendly medium for bacteria to live on, so I'm not that bothered - and I think cut-up paper towel rolls (or wrapping paper rolls, the kind that are soft enough to cut) would be a great alternative if someone's short on TP rolls or can't get past the bathroom aspect.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Well, my understanding is that paper is generally not a very friendly medium for bacteria to live on, so I'm not that bothered

that's true enough..
but I can just see someone starting a topic in the forum: "so.. are toilet paper rolls acid and lignin free - can we use them for scrapping?" LOL))

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

Found two more in the bathroom at work today! (Not in the trash - just sitting empty on top of the roll holder since I guess no one could be bothered to chuck them in the trash?)

NuttyScraps
Guru
NuttyScraps
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • aquabunny Said:

I've seen the finished albums and they are awesome - flattened rolls make great ready pockets - but I'm with Meg - just can't do it...

loooove shaped chipboard albums, but they make for a lot of fussy cutting and sanding. long and tedious. and long. and tedious. sigh..

Cut, fold and glue cardstock to be the same size as a TP roll. You get the fun of that kind of album, but not the undesirable connotation.
Look for My Sister's Scrapper on YouTube. Ginger has a tutorial on making these, including the pockets. I really enjoy her stuff.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to NuttyScraps

Hey Kels,

I found this blank stand-up 'thing', I call it a flip book. Can I use this for my mini?

Flip Book By Klweist

Masha1
Masha1 
Resident
Masha1

What if I didn't do it, is that ok? I just submitted every page ((.

NuttyScraps
Guru
NuttyScraps
In response to Masha1

I have my pics printed. Now for the start of a marathon scrappig night to get the requiremnts done!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to klweist

I just noticed that when I click on the gallery for this challenge that one of my pages is showing and not the album cover. Hope that is ok!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I just noticed that when I click on the gallery for this challenge that one of my pages is showing and not the album cover. Hope that is ok!

I don't think it matters for this, but if you click Edit Photo on any image in the multi-image project, and scroll down to the bottom, you can change the order of the photos in the project. The first one - furthest to the left - will become the cover image.

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to aquabunny

Finally got mine done and uploaded! I just have to say that there are a lot of gorgeous mini albums! I've really enjoyed looking at them. Now I'm off to leave some love. Good luck to us all!

palominogirl
Tenant
palominogirl
In response to denayc

Just got mine finished. It was nice using items I have had in my stock pile for years

There are some beautiful albums in the gallery!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • tinadn Said:

I don't think it matters for this, but if you click Edit Photo on any image in the multi-image project, and scroll down to the bottom, you can change the order of the photos in the project. The first one - furthest to the left - will become the cover image.

thanks!

chaton_13
Guru
chaton_13
In response to tinadn

I won't be able to complete this challenge. Life got in the way of my scrappy time!

sj4041
sj4041 
Resident
sj4041
In response to chaton_13

I just upload my album..But I find it funny that it took us time to complete in between our daily
schedules..Alot of good albums out there girls..
good luck!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to sj4041

Woo, just finished - getting ready to upload now!

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to jbowers06

Yeah I got it in on time and it turned out fabulous..... I am pleased Good luck everyone

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-11-13 05:01 PM
In response to Charisma3103

I finished mine too! Still editing the pics.

Best of luck, everyone!

Scraping4fun25
Mayor
Scraping4fun25
In response to Kels

Well i had high hopes of completing this challenge, but this whole week has been a comedy of errors: first my computer crashed and now my internet stopped working. So i dont think ill be able to upload in time. Looking at everyones great work has been an inspiration to me though.

Scraping4fun25
Mayor
Scraping4fun25
In response to Scraping4fun25

i am reading this from myphone.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Scraping4fun25

Yay! Just submitted. I told DH that i enjoyed the 5 pages so much, I"m going to do more.

Expert
In response to klweist

I hope it's ok that I submitted my album, even though I can't win since I was a winner on one of the challenges last Saturday--I was 2.5 days into my week-long album when I found out I was a winner and I didn't want to waste my supplies...plus I was having fun with it!

I never do projects that are just about me (only other one was last year's week-long challenge) so I love having a reason to do it!

AngelaB1978
Veteran
AngelaB1978
In response to HuskerMom98

Help! I'm running out of time. I'm trying to add a multi image and I don't think I'm doing it right. Can someone please. I'm trying to get this uploaded before 12 am pst

scrapcountess
Tenant
scrapcountess

I submitted mine too!! Surprisingly, I think this was one of my favorite challenges. We get so busy living life, we really don't take time to document our daily lives! I learned a lot about what I do everyday and what is really important to me!

AngelaB1978
Veteran
AngelaB1978
In response to scrapcountess

I figured it out but there not in the right order. I hope that's ok.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan

all done and submitted under the deadline

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• AngelaB1978 Said:
I figured it out but there not in the right order. I hope that's ok.

In the future, if you want to change the order of images in a multi-image project, you can click Edit Image on any of them, and at the very bottom of the Edit Image page is a space where you can click and drag them into the order you want.

NuttyScraps
Guru
NuttyScraps
In response to aquabunny

Well, I just wasn't able to make it in time.

AngelaB1978
Veteran
AngelaB1978
In response to NuttyScraps

Thanks aquabunny

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-13-13 09:22 AM

GREAT JOB everyone!! I'll be combing through your amazing mini's in the coming days... don't worry if you're album isn't uploaded in the "right" order - It won't change the random drawing

I can't wait to learn more about your "everyday"! Thanks for accepting my challenge

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Kels

I was so inspired by this challenge that i took photos all day yesterday to make a mothers day mini....never understood them or how to do itt or why.

Thanks for enabling!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to klweist

Yesterday I remembered I had some washi tape with the days of the week on it, and added it to a page of my mini (the first time I've ever used washi tape!). Can't wait till the winners are announced so I can add a new image of that page to my project!

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to jbowers06

Good luck everyone... I've been going in and trying to comment on everyone's minis

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Yesterday I remembered I had some washi tape with the days of the week on it, and added it to a page of my mini (the first time I've ever used washi tape!). Can't wait till the winners are announced so I can add a new image of that page to my project!

You can still do it. Just go in and edit your page and upload the newest picture in its place

Masha1
Masha1 
Resident
Masha1
In response to Kels

That was such a great challenge - my favorite! I forgot to cook, to eat and my pool was nasty for a week )), but I got that mini done and had so much fun! TY so much to the lovely 2nd home - scrapbook.com!

happy go lucky
Angel
happy go lucky
In response to Masha1

So many wonderfully creative minis were posted for this challenge. I have seen lots of great ideas - thanks for the inspiration everyone.
NOW . . . waiting patiently for the winners to be announced. GOOD LUCK to one and all.

Edited by happy go lucky on 05-14-13 03:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-14-13 06:32 PM
In response to klweist

i had it all ready to go but my pics didnt print out right. going ot post it anyway to my gallery good luck to all the participants. this was a great way to get my mojo going!!

AngelaB1978
Veteran
AngelaB1978
In response to zrock

I had so much fun doing this challenge. I thinks I'll do more.

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103
In response to jbowers06

Can't wait to see who wins

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Charisma3103

Congrats to the winners!!

Scrappin_baby
Governor
Scrappin_baby
In response to klweist

Congratulations to all the winners! This is such an inspiring challenge.

Bartemous Black
Guru
Bartemous Black
In response to Scrappin_baby

Congrats everybody!

vanilaa
Expert
vanilaa
In response to Bartemous Black

Congrats to the winners!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics