Username Post: Not Much Forum Activity Lately???        (Topic#1587867)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

Where is everybody? Busy, I hope.

I hope this is not also a sign of the decline of the scrapbooking industry. With Archiver's now filing bankruptcy, all the SB magazines gone or very small size, LSSs disappearing... are scrapbooking sites feeling the effects also?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to t-scraps

I'm still buying as much as ever I think it's just that summer is coming and everyone is busy getting spring work done

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Sneezy1956

I haven't been on the forums much for the last few days merely because I've been plugging away at NSD challenges! I'm a slow scrapper and I got 6 LOs done since Saturday morning and I'm happy with them all. Business as usual tomorrow!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 05-06-13 02:29 PM
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I think it always slows down as the end of the school year approaches in the US.

Tenant
In response to vawm

I have been so busy with graduations and prom that I barely have time to breathe. I have been working on some name pictures though.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Pattycake92

Nicer weather comes.....more time outdoors, more activities and less time inside on the computer!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to kiyawinn

I understand many people do enjoy the warm weather and outdoor activities, I'm just the opposite, once the temp starts climbing above 70 I hibernate and stay in the air conditioned comfort of my scraproom! And haunting the forums here waiting for someone to show up, lol!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to t-scraps

...time is needed outside now that winter is gone and parties happening. My scrapping and participation on here always wanes this time of the year.

I hadn't heard that news of Archivers. sad

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Sunnydi

In my case, I've been actually scrapping instead of spending time in the forums. The gallery has been flying, so perhaps that accounts for less forum activity.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
I understand many people do enjoy the warm weather and outdoor activities, I'm just the opposite, once the temp starts climbing above 70 I hibernate and stay in the air conditioned comfort of my scraproom! And haunting the forums here waiting for someone to show up, lol!

Me too! Happy to know I'm not the only summer time hibernater.

joshuaminh426
Veteran
joshuaminh426
In response to *jesse*

I think most forums go up and down in terms of activity. New people, like me, come in, while others who have been around for awhile take a break.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to joshuaminh426

planning my daughter's wedding,,,,,,

which they sprung on me with just 3 months notice

busy, busy, busy,,,,,

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CommaHolly

I would love to to spend the summer inside but unfortunately 2 yards to keep mowed.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to joshuaminh426

• joshuaminh426 Said:
I think most forums go up and down in terms of activity. New people, like me, come in, while others who have been around for awhile take a break.

This.

Just because we're not here every moment, doesn't mean we're not up to other things (creatively or shopping-wise!) Plus, let's face it, there are lots of different boards that everyone hangs out on when we're not hanging out here.

Still creating. Still chatting. Still shopping up a storm!

One sad event, doesn't mean the end of all things good everywhere else. Scrapbooking is very much still alive, thriving & well.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to KellyCali

Sad to hear that about Archivers...

Ive been a scrapping fool lately since Im now able to scrap at work (night shift), but yes, lots of yard work, flower beds to tend to, pots to plant and next weekend we start on our garden. Plus in 5 weeks the kids are out of school, and that means lots more time keeping them happy and entertained and less time to play except at night.

I did just revamp my scrap space, got different shelves and have been purging my paper and stuff, donating it to my Sisters Girl Scouts troop for projects.

Oh, and working on end of year teacher gifts too.......

Plus, some enabler friends of mine got me hooked on Pinterest (damm them!)...what a marvelous time waster that is!

Expert
In response to ScrappyMama6

Just to clarify--Archivers is going through bankruptcy, but is not closing up shop. They did close about 3 locations, but as a whole they are open and still as well stocked as always...expect that mine hasn't gotten the EP summer line yet...!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics