Username Post: Paper obsession        (Topic#1588071)
bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I was going through all my paper yesteday when I realized I had projects planned for photos I haven't even taken yet. Out of all the supplies, I love paper the most. Anyone else?

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to bonprof

Well, no not for photos that I haven't taken but I have SO MANY things I want to scrap. When I see paper that would work for a project or I fall in love with a collection I have to have. For example, I have all of K & Company Flora and Fauna and I'm just beginning to think about what I will do with it. In the meantime, I working on so many different types of projects. So I NEED a lot of different types of papers. It's ok, I will be ok...............

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to CrimsonMama

Papers, dies, stamps. But above all, papers. I've been a paper'n'pens girl since I was tiny.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I have been on a huge paper kick lately. I've been feeling the need to clean out the old and invest in some new. I have a bad habit of buying and then forgetting I have it. Paper is definitely my favorite supply!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to olleharr

Have you met Judy (Mrs.Driver)? I think you two would get along swimmingly.

I love paper, I love the look, the feel, the smell...the only thing I don't love are the papercuts.

-Stephanie

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to SJB1120

OMG...the smell!! Yes, I thought I was some freak, but now there are others! Hee hee.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to bonprof

Yes, paper is certainly an obsession of mine.

Paper here, paper there. Paper, paper everywhere!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I tend to purchase paper I like or love, whether or not I have photos in mind or not.

Let's just say, (probably like most) I have a well-established collection, for just about any topic.

But, alas. Yes, I still randomly purchase paper, why? Because...I love paper!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SJB1120

• SJB1120 Said:
Have you met Judy (Mrs.Driver)? I think you two would get along swimmingly.

I love paper, I love the look, the feel, the smell...the only thing I don't love are the papercuts.

-Stephanie

Me? You're not thinking of the 65 pounds of pp and cs that was delivered to my house last month, are you? And then all of it that I've bought since then...to add to the stacks I already had? Then I went to find a color and had to go buy some more since I didn't have what I needed!~Judy

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:

Me?

Now why would ANYBODY think of you on a thread titled "Paper Obsession"?

WVScrapThis
New Kid On the Block
WVScrapThis
In response to gin1902

I keep telling myself I have enough paper but then see a design I know I don't have and will need. Also, Disney related items. I've completed two of the five albums I need to do of our cruise and probably have enough supplies for a couple more. It doesn't like look I've used much up at all.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to WVScrapThis

What's funny is that I actually like to design and print my own backgrounds. I really don't even need pp...but it's so pretty :>) ~Judy

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain

If I could I would have all the scrapping paper in the world.....

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 05-14-13 07:06 PM
In response to dorichatelain

I too am a paper addict. I "collect" paper for things I might do someday, paper that is pretty, paper for pictures i think I will take, paper, paper,paper!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 05-14-13 07:28 PM
In response to ckair

Boy do I hear you! I just placed a huge order here and bought up as much of Bo Bunny's forever fall line and apple cider line as I could. I'm already planning another shopping trip to go back for the rest of it. I did a bunch of fall layouts at a crop recently and used most of what I had and decided I simply couldn't do without more,

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to J-M

I love Bo Bunny and some of the new Graphics 45 have my name on them :>) But Jenn...you're actually using yours. I thought they were just to stack up and look at :>) ~Judy

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I feel so much better now that I read your comments...hee hee. There never is going to be enough paper. I also love Bo Bunny!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-14-13 08:32 PM
In response to bonprof

I have several papers that I just get out every once in a while to look at, admire, gaze lovingly upon... but they are far too pretty to actually use on a layout. LOL. My name is Vae and I'm a paper hoarder.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Vae

I think I will pull up a chair and join in

I dont think i want to know how much my paper weighs. I know I have a ton though. hmm lets see since january I;ve scrapped tons of lo;s but still doenst look like I made a dent.

I have 4 crates that are about 13x13 full of paper packs and then I have loose sheets in a paper holder and that doesnt even count my CS OH MY.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Briannasmom

Well add me to the list of people who love paper. I just ordered more after saying I need to stop for a while!!!!!!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to prittb

I only know my shipment last month was 65 pounds because the mail lady made sure to point it out when she lugged the two boxes to our door :>) I don't think our house is her fav~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Vae, if you DARE try to start a support group for those of us with an innocent love of paper, I swear I'll never speak to you again. It isn't my fault that I have a bazillion sheets of paper I'll never use because it is just too pretty to part with. It isn't my fault that the companies are creating more and more beautiful paper every single day. I don't have a problem, I tell ya, I can stop any time I want!
Ohhhhh, look, new Graphic 45.................

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to chocolateaxel

I looooove the smell of Basic Grey in the mornings...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-15-13 02:26 PM

Oh... so this forum isn't a support group? I must have stumbled into the wrong site then... I could have sworn I saw a 12 step program somewhere around here....

1. Go to the scrapbook store.
2. Buy lots of paper
2. Sit down to make something pretty
3. Discover that you need DIFFERENT paper and that NONE of the paper you already have will work
4. Go back to the scrapbook store.
5. Don't find the paper you are looking for, but find a bunch of other paper you HAVE to have.
6. Go to another scrapbook store in search of the perfect paper. Find it, and more other paper.
7. Go back home and work on something pretty.
8. Start to work on your project and ruin the perfect paper you have, and you do not have anymore.
9. Change your mind about the entire project and don't even use the paper you had to have that took 2 (or more) stores to find.
10. Find the perfect paper in your stash, but you only have one sheet left which you have been saving for the PERFECT photos and cannot bear to actually use it.
11. Go back to the store for more paper.
12. Repeat steps 1-11 as needed.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Vae

You are SOOOOO right!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Now that's a 12-step program I can get on board with. Oh wait! I'm the conductor on that train!! LOL!

lakauai
Resident
lakauai
In response to gin1902

I just re-organized my paper and while I had it stacked up my family was amazed at how much I had. I didn't think I had that much! Still don't compared to other scrapbookers. Anyway I measured it just to see.....3 feet 5 inches. So how about you guys. How many feet?

lakauai
Resident
lakauai
In response to gin1902

I just re-organized my paper and while I had it stacked up my family was amazed at how much I had. I didn't think I had that much! Still don't compared to other scrapbookers. Anyway I measured it just to see.....3 feet 5 inches. So how about you guys. How many feet?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to lakauai

For me, the secret is to store it in various locations, rather than 1 huge, heaping pile. That way, not only do I not realize that (yes, I probably DO have way too much paper...shh, don't tell!), but also let's face it, it would probably take me all day long just to find a single piece if it was all in 1 mound. And heaven forbid if it ever fell or toppled over! They'd have to send in a search team just to find me!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to lakauai

• lakauai Said:

Excluding my 20-ish 6x6 and 8x8 pads, I have 10 inches of 12x12 paper and card-stock. I also have a few packs of A4 card for card-making, and 2 partially-used reams of white office card.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Question for you paper lovers, since you have quite a stock: Do you have any paper that is goldenorangeyellow-ish and green/teal?? Or have you ever seen any like this? I'm looking for some for a Budapest page.

Let me know por favor!

-Stephanie

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

Hi, Stephanie, I have some paper like you described. Probably quite a bit, lol! This weekend I'll pull it out and see if I can get an adequate picture, if you like it and it will work, it's yours.
I've never had all my paper stacked in one place, but as I go through the organization process in my scraproom, I'll see if I can get a measurement. I'm sure even I will be surprised when I see exactly how much I have. I know it's a lot, but when you have in in several places, somehow it doesn't seem so bad, lol.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SJB1120

• SJB1120 Said:
Question for you paper lovers, since you have quite a stock: Do you have any paper that is goldenorangeyellow-ish and green/teal?? Or have you ever seen any like this? I'm looking for some for a Budapest page.

Let me know por favor!

-Stephanie

Yes, last year's Bo Bunny Forever Fall range is exactly those colours. I got some and loved it.

ETA: AND it hasn't been discontinued - yet!

Edited by RedSquirrel on 05-16-13 05:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

OMG those are great!!!

And thank you for looking Darla, I'm trying to prepare to recreate my digital Budapest LO into a physical one when I return home, but I don't think you have to look anymore if I can get these!

But THANK YOU again!!!!

-Stephanie

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I have a paper problem (especially papers related to books and writing), partially because I am VERY themey - I would estimate a total of about 18 inches of patterned paper and cardstock combined - but I have a much more serious letter sticker problem... Despite owning about a dozen Sizzix alphabets and six or seven Cricut font carts. The bottom tier of my Clip-It-Up is literally 90-95% letter stickers, a couple of which are leftovers from nearly 10 years ago.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

You guys are hilarious!!! I better get busy and buy some more paper...I really don't have that much...really.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

You're very welcome, Steph! If you decide you don't want to order and have to pay shipping and all, let me know. Mine is free and I will send to your mom if you'd like. And you'd be helping me out by taking something out of the beast I call a paper tower!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
You guys are hilarious!!! I better get busy and buy some more paper...I really don't have that much...really.

How many inches is "not that much...really"? LOL

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Darla if you happen to look I'd also love to see what you have! I just don't want to be a bother...

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SJB1120

Stephanie, it's no bother at all!

creater1
Diva
creater1

Last time I reorganized I remember having about 18 FEET of paper to find containers for.

Of course with all the new papers I have added more and had to purchase more storage crates.

I can only say yes I do have lots of pp and tons of cardstock.
I love it and always get super excited for more.

After orgainizing and having to put it all away I told dh if I bring one more single sheet of paper into this house you have my permission to beat the heck out me (just joking). So after that statement I have to make sure that it is never a single sheet of paper it has to be lots of paper. LOL

It is what it is and if it bring us pleasure we should have it.

Let's not talk about machines, cartridges, dies or embellishment okay?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-16-13 08:42 AM
In response to creater1

Awww why not? I bet I could come up with some fun 12-steps for machines, cartridges, dies and embellishments

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to prittb

Love love love paper, I love nothign more then opening a new line of paper

I have all of the travel carta bella for my disney trip I'm not taking till October already bought I just love the red and black

I need a 12 step program to stop buying paper.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-16-13 10:05 AM
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:

But...why? Poor paper just needs a loving home. Just think of all that lonely paper sitting there in the stores. They turn the lights off at night and it's so dark and scary. Getting pushed and shoved day after day and worried that nobody will ever want it. Then it ends up in the clearance bin with all kinds of OTHER rejected things piled on top of it so it can't see and can't breathe... it misses it's friends but it really just wants a home...

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to Vae

• Vae Said:
  • Sneezy1956 Said:

But...why? Poor paper just needs a loving home. Just think of all that lonely paper sitting there in the stores. They turn the lights off at night and it's so dark and scary. Getting pushed and shoved day after day and worried that nobody will ever want it. Then it ends up in the clearance bin with all kinds of OTHER rejected things piled on top of it so it can't see and can't breathe... it misses it's friends but it really just wants a home...

Well, when you put it that way....

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to scrappinmac

I am in the process of cleaning out older paper and scraps to give to my son's teacher. She has no idea what she opened herself up to.

However, afterListening to many of you with 65lb paper orders, 18 foot stack or hearing a stack referred to as "the Beast" I am finding myself wanting to see pictures. I am in awe! How are you organizing it all?? I clicked into a couple galleries but no scraproom pics.

I have a Bo bunny obsession going on that I thought was bad along with everything else I have but wow I feel so unworthy.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to jaxxan

Well, here's mine - my overall setup has changed since this picture was taken, but the paper is still split in the same way between these two racks - some basic color sorting on one rack, and some very serious theme-sorting on the other rack (you can also see my color-sorted scrap storage in the drawers under the desk):

Scraproom (February 2012) - Desk and paper racks By Aquabunny

CrimsonMama
Governor
CrimsonMama
In response to Vae

18 Feet! Ok, now I don't feel so bad. Mine would be about......8 feet. I figure I have about 6000 12x12 all together, pads, kits, singles.

lakauai
Resident
lakauai
In response to CrimsonMama

yep, I'm not feeling so bad about my stack now either, lol!!! Wait a minute, I actually don't feel bad at all - I LOVE my paper, ALL my paper, each and every sheet. That's why I have so much!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to lakauai

18 ft doesn't really look that bad when you split into 2 houses. I couldn't even imagine what I have in 8.5 x 11 cardstock.

Now my friend has a bunch of scrappy stuff that she is going to give to me. Who would turn that offer down. Not I. I am less greedy about sharing my paper with others when they want to come and scrap.
Still a few pieces okay all my new stuff is no touch that is to new to share. LOL

Gotta love our love of paper.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to creater1

ya'll are making me laugh especially Vae!!

I'll have to measure now to see how high my paper is. I;m interested to see how tall my stack would get lol.

that 12 step program man I love it!!

I was looking thru my CS and I needed grey yup I have NONE yet AGAIN. the other month I needed grey CS so i bought JUST enough for what I needed it for dumb me should have bought more cause I need it again.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to creater1

Wow, creator1, I am so blown away by 18 feet of paper, lucky you have two houses to divide it.

I had to walk away and go look at my papers thinking I am probably in denial about how much I have spread around and then it hit me. I live in a two story house and 1 story is roughly 10 feet, if you stacked all your paper it would be just about 2 stories almost to my roof line! Impressive!

I am in total agreement about not sharing new purchases. I think its Scrapper code.

CrismonMama, you would fill my first floor since the ceilings are put in at 8ft. Wow!

Aqua Bunny thanks for sharing your scraproom picture of you paper stash. I love your storage for you scraps I need to rethink mine. You look very organized.

I am in total awe! I hope no one takes my comments as criticism I am truly amazed and awed by your mega paper stashes. There should a be a Guinness Book record of the largest private stash.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to jaxxan

You all do know that pp is on sale today, right? I have a couple hundred in my cart so far~ I've bought so much paper and cs in the last month, but it's all so beautiful :>) ~Judy

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

LOL! I know I saw that this morning and wondered if they were doing their part to contribute to our thread.

Judy just out of curiosity do you buy the whole collection or just papers that you really love?

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:

Judy just out of curiosity do you buy the whole collection or just papers that you really love?

Allow me to answer that. Judy buys everything in sight and usually doubles.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

Well, yeah, gin is pretty accurate :>) I actually do kind of half 'n half. I don't get a lot of whole collections because there are usually some papers that I know I'd never use, but once in a while...usually Bo Bunny...an entire collection finds its way to my house...oh, and Chateau Lavender :>)

I'm working on getting a whole set of travel pp for all the states since we've been to all of them several times...oops, except Hawaii, but my daughter uses those papers, so I still buy them. Then it's usually just thinking about ones that go with pictures that I know I want to scrap...someday :>)

I've pared my shopping cart to just over 100 papers. It wouldn't be so bad, but I've bought a lot of stuff almost every day this week. I can't keep doing this on a daily basis! I'll end out sitting inside a cardboard box with all my paper and scrappy toys around me with a Foreclosure sign in our "former" front yard. I wonder if the mail lady would still deliver scrappy-boxes to me? ~Judy

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Well, Judy, at least you can change the wallpaper in the box real regularly and make it purty!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

I do love paper the most but then I LOVE everything......lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

I do love paper the most but then I LOVE everything......lol

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to flintridgescrapper

Yep, I can especially use some of the paper that's not my fav for wallpaper, but like Linda, I'm not a one-product shopper :>) I want everything of everything! (And a warehouse to keep it all in, plus a cute little scooter with a basket so I can drive around to pick up my supplies for a current project...and a minion to put it all away for me when I'm done.)

I can decorate the outside of my box with Lindy's sprays and put some stickles along the corners so people can see my box and not run over me! I can cut out my name with my Cameo and put it over my "door". Yep, maybe it's worth living in a box so I can keep buying and buying and buying and ....

I've ordered three times, I think, from sb this week, plus from a couple of other places. Our current mail lady didn't have the best personality to start with. All of my packages have put a damper on whatever humor she might have once possessed~Judy

gin1902
Mayor
gin1902

Judy, it's not a damper on her humor. It's a hernia, knee troubles and a bad back from the 65lbs of paper you order every day.

And I'm so dang envious!!!!!

Edited by gin1 on 05-18-13 09:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics