Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: CM filing for Chapter 11        (Topic#1588197)
suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut

So I heard the news that CM recently filed for Chapter 11, I know this is a means for a company to reassess their debt and stay in business. However, I am wondering if it is also a warning sign that the end is near for them? I'm very saddened because I LOVE LOVE LOVE their albums and tools. Although I do venture out and use other embellishments and papers, my albums have always been CM and I have never found another album with the same quality and durability as CM. I truly hope they are able to overcome this. Has anyone heard anything else about this recent news?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to suznut

Yes, two of my closest scrapbooking buddies are CM consultants. So far, they say that CM will down size from 150 products to 50. I was told to buy any tools, etc NOW. However, in Australia, all consultants were told that any order would be filled "as supplies last". Scary.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-21-13 03:25 PM
In response to bonprof

An unfortunate sign of the times. Seems like every where I go store, online and companies like CM it's all getting smaller. Before we're all going to have to make it all ourselves!!

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to KimKV

I believe Archiver's filed too recently. It's a scary thought.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to Babylou

CM has done this before, but this time I think will be the final go... if they can't make it after this then it will probably be curtains.
I've switched to 3-ring and CTMH albums.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 05-21-13 05:29 PM
In response to Legomom

I find it perturbing that more and more good scrapbook stores are struggling while the boring boxes thrive.

I think of it as the WMartization of everything. Get cheap quality with limited choices and call it a bargain.

What is so sad to me as that scrapbooking can be such a creative craft but as retailers follow the trends in the craft world they diminish and eliminate the categories of "last year" and splurge on the next trend that is getting pushed.

Of the four box craft store chains in my area three have in the last few years significantly reduced their space dedicated to scrapping.

I understand the attraction of digital for some but there are many of us out here who still love playing with paper and all the fun stuff that works with it.

Thanks for sb.com who is keeping us well supplied.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to GMFTS

I buy almost exclusively on line because of the box stores having nothing and no scrapbook stores around me.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Sneezy1956

I've been dealing with this for a month now. This is a scarier bankruptcy than the last time and it's uglier, too. The talk of line reduction isn't from 150 products to 50, but 300 to 50.

I'm wondering how much longer I'll be a consultant and if I'll leave before they fold or stop being a consultant because they fold.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to moxiegirl23

Their albums are really far nicer than anyone else's, and their tools are just excellent. I love their custom cutting system. This makes me very sad.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to crichards1

They filed again about a month ago; not surprising. I read that they are downsizing their product line. To me, it will be like it was when they first started. Cute stuff, but how many times are you going to use the same thing over and over again?

suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut
In response to t-scraps

I agree, I really hope they can survive this. It will be interesting to see what all they keep and get rid of, I just hope the albums stay on board longer...

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to suznut

I have to say, I'm not surprised. No offense to any consultants because I don't know you, but the consultants that I have known have been terribly indignant. They acted like CM was the only product you could use or else your pictures and memories were doomed and you would end up in a ball of flames. Their items are good quality but they were horribly over priced. In this economy, they were just too expensive. I hate to see any scrapbook company go but it's a sign of a different time. There are just too many competing items and when your consultants have a polarizing effect on people, it's going to come back and bite you.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to suznut

I use their albums and pages, cutting systems, and adhesives and have for many years. I sure hope they keep these products. I wonder if there will be a "warning" in case customers want to be sure to stock up on certain items!?

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to fknapoleon

I'm sorry you had that experience. My two CM friends never acted that way. In fact, it was because of them that I learned to scrapbook in 2001. They have devoted thousands and thousands of hours helping women like me. It will be a tragedy if their company goes under.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-22-13 05:38 PM
In response to bonprof

I've seen a ton of "consultant kits" listed for sale on craigslist... people who stopped selling it because it was costing them more money than they were making. I think there are way too many consultants in my area. I'll admit, I personally don't buy CM stuff because of the prices, and I imagine a consultant needs to have several regular customers in order to make the business model work. I personally know 5 people who sell/used to sell CM and they all said they didn't have enough variety of product to keep customers ordering on a regular basis, and so many of the people they approached already knew someone else who sells it. It seems like cutting back their product line would only make that worse, doesn't it?

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Vae

Wow, first Archivers, now CM. As popular as scrapbooking is, I'm surprised.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to dwelch

I'm not sure about "sign of the times"....I think this happens all the time and has throughout the ages...companies go down, as competition heats up...always has.
I'm not trying to offend anyone, everyone has their opinion, but I was never impressed with the CM stuff...I'm sure there was a time and place for it but there is so much more out there now (and much better, IMO)...
I think some of their tools have merit but most of the other stuff is just way behind the times....
I also think that a lot of companies that depend on independent sales are going down....that's just not the best business model anymore and people don't buy that way....

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Wow, first Archivers, now CM. As popular as scrapbooking is, I'm surprised.

Actually, it was first CM and then Archivers. CM's filing has nothing to do with the popularity of scrapbooking and everything to do with the decisions that the corporate team has been making all along.

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to suznut

Oh that is so sad...although I too venture out for embellishments, even pages and page protectors, the albums themselves are by far the most beautiful and highest quality. I did discover that I could find a larger variety of printed paper, card stock, stickers, etc. here on scrapbook.com, Archivers, Hobby Lobby, etc. but this still concerns me. I will probably never be a digital scrapper, I am on a computer for work all day, I want to literally cut and paste when it comes to scrapbooking. Thank you for the head's up on this. Time to do some advance ordering.....

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to mj scrappin'

I am a consultant in New Zealand and our HO is selling everything off at discounted prices, there is no more stock coming in and so we are pretty much out of a job from the end of the month. Australasia is in Voluntary Administration and even the digital aspect is stopping at the end of the month. I am pretty sad as the albums are wonderful, but of course I will continue to scrap, I will just have to find another range of products that I like.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to chile_chicken

I am so sorry this is happening. Good luck in the future. Bless you!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to bonprof

I never like seeing a business go under in this hobby. I think where CM is concerned I can't help but think it will hurt the consultants the most.

I was a dedicated, die hard customer and I agree that their tools are one of the best, well thought out in the business. I was willing to pay more for their albums, tools and papers because I thought they were the best. I regularly dropped anywhere from $200 - $400 in a month.

I was really looking forward to them coming out with the side loading sleeves back in 2008-2009. However when they came out and charge $25 for 15 I felt taken advantage.

The justification only served to further anger me. The answer was that is was the combined cost of the page and the protector. It made no sense to me since I wasn't using the pages anymore. In order to complete an album I was spending $50 on plastic page protectors alone.

Once I found WeRMemories albums and page protectors for under $10 for 25, I switched.

Like I said, I am not happy to see a company struggle that helped so many of us get started in this hobby, but I do feel management is 100% responsible. I just hope their consultants don't have to pay the price for their mistakes.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
... I do feel management is 100% responsible. I just hope their consultants don't have to pay the price for their mistakes.

You're right, but we already are paying for their mistakes. Our national training conference was cancelled for this year... after most attendees registered and bought airfare to Denver CO where it was being held. Those consultants are out a lot of money. I read emails and posts daily from consultants who will no longer be consultants at the end of an upcoming month because they will not make their quota.

I could go on and on, but it's Friday and it's pretty where I am and I don't want to start the day of with any more negativity than I've already shared.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Liz don't read this and go enjoy your day. ....

I already felt they didn't care about their customers and wondered about how much they thought about their consultants success given some of their tactics. I am sorry to hear that it was true.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to jaxxan

Oh, , this just scares me. I am an exclusive CM album user. I have never found anything that comes close to the quality of their albums. I will say that I have been so disappointed in the rising costs of their product. Don't suppose they've considered dropping the prices~~arghhhh, what will I do?

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to fknapoleon

• fknapoleon Said:
I have to say, I'm not surprised. No offense to any consultants because I don't know you, but the consultants that I have known have been terribly indignant. They acted like CM was the only product you could use or else your pictures and memories were doomed and you would end up in a ball of flames. Their items are good quality but they were horribly over priced. In this economy, they were just too expensive. I hate to see any scrapbook company go but it's a sign of a different time. There are just too many competing items and when your consultants have a polarizing effect on people, it's going to come back and bite you.

I met a consultant like this and it was very obnoxious. I came to a crop with all of my stuff and she balked at my supplies from Tuesday Morning and Michaels. Needless to say, I never went back.

When I became a consultant, I absolutely knew that some CM products are just too expensive and I never pressure people to buy things they can't afford. I love their products, but you can get cheaper alternatives if you're on a budget and I've told friends that. This might not make me the best consultant, but my friends know that I'm looking out for them and want them to be able to have a variety of items, not just the small line that CM makes.

That said, I only became a consultant in December of last year and then they filed Chapter 11 this year. This is about par with any of my job prospects lately. Maybe I jinxed them. Sorry, CM!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Siimplicity

Me too: I only use CM albums. I've started stocking up on pages and page protectors, and my consultant is saving me a bunch of coversets. You are right; there is nothing like the quality of these products. You get what you pay for.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to bonprof

Hey wait...

Maybe CM will sell their album design to another company so that someone else can make their albums. Might not be exactly the same, but they could work.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to HappyCat

I have been a CM customer since 1999 and am saddened to hear about this. My SIL was a consultant for 10 years and never ever had an issue with her customers using non-CM products.

One thing that is seriously bothering me right now about all of this is, they have ceased their photo printing service. I placed an order for 200 prints on April 27. For the last few weeks I kept checking back to see when they were going to "process" this order and all I found was that my order was still in the "Processing" phase. It wasn't until earlier this past week that I went in and re-checked the FAQ's on how long it takes to process an order and found their notice in red that they were having service disruptions or something like that from their current provider (I was under the impression they handled their own printing services, not relying on an outside vendor). It would have been nice if they could have/would have sent something out to their customers notifying them of this, or put something on the home page or on their FB page about it, instead of making us wait without explanation before posting something about it buried in the FAQs section. Needless to say, the 200 photos I uploaded in April were for a Mother's day gift and because of their inability to tell their customers what was going on, I had to find another gift. No worries though, I know I am not the only one that is having their pre-paid prints being held hostage (oh, and they DID charge my credit card for the shipping on the day the order was placed!)

Now what concerns me is I had purchased a photo package and still have several hundred pre paid photos on that package. I am wondering if they are going to refund the $ paid for that package or am I out on that too.

And yes, I contacted my consultant about this but have not heard from her on it.

I'm done ranting now... .and I am also done with CM due to their lack of customer service.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Shutterbugg

What a shame.

I don't know anything about CM as a company, but I do know that when any company has financial problems, nobody really does know what is going to happen for a while. So they probably aren't telling anybody because they don't know what to say. I agree that a heads-up would be nice, but it would also impact their sales, which I expect they need badly at the moment. Those sales might make the difference between continuing after the crisis or not continuing.

While I don't believe in sending good money after bad, if customers want the products they love, they have to support the company during its bad times as well as its good.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Shutterbugg Said:

Now what concerns me is I had purchased a photo package and still have several hundred pre paid photos on that package. I am wondering if they are going to refund the $ paid for that package or am I out on that too.

And yes, I contacted my consultant about this but have not heard from her on it.

I'm done ranting now... .and I am also done with CM due to their lack of customer service.

I don't know who your consultant is but she should have at least returned your message with a simple "I don't know because CM isn't telling the consultants anything but 'trust us'."

I have heard that the issues with the vendor (and no, they have never printed their own photos, but some of their photo gifts and books are done in house) are resolved. I have also heard from multiple consultants that CM will give a product credit to customers with pre-paid plans so you could invest in albums or whatever.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to HappyCat

• HappyCat Said:
Hey wait...

Maybe CM will sell their album design to another company so that someone else can make their albums. Might not be exactly the same, but they could work.

they're working on a plan to have a new company formed out of the mess that the current powers that be made in place this fall. that's all I know right now, I think they can't say anything more until the judge and the court approves their plan.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

Thank you for what you wrote. I understand this is hard for you and everyone associated with CM. I hate to bad mouth them and I will refrain from doing so from now on because I really did like them as a company. I am just not happy with them at the moment but this too shall pass.

And I just checked the site again.... the notice about the disruption of service is now gone and the order has been processed. So they are apparently working things out, which is good.

I do hope they can come through this and begin being a profitable company once again.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity

jci

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

If you have ever watched the tv show Kitchen Nightmares, one of the problems that a lot of restaurants have is a huge menu. Chef Ramsey usually cuts it down to 8 or 10 items of really good quality. I think that CM is doing the right thing by cutting down their product line. They should sell the stuff that people really buy. I hope that they figure it out and stay in business.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Crafting Marfa

I totally understand this concept in a restaurant, and it might work for a company like CM. But I wonder if the lack of a variety of products will turn crafters off, you know we all have such varied tastes and likes and need choices, lol!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

I have only purchased CM products from one consultant and she was awesome and I would highly recommend her.

That's Liz - (moxiegirl23) so I've had an excellent experience with CM.

I honestly think the biggest competitor is the online scrapbook venues - I buy 40% of my scrapbooks stuff here on scrapbook.com, 40% on another favorite scrapbook site and 20% between other online sites, local scrapbook stores, box stores, Amazon and ebay.

So that is 80% of my scrapbook budget going to online.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Henri Jean

Another vote for Liz!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Crafting Marfa

• Crafting Marfa Said:
If you have ever watched the tv show Kitchen Nightmares, one of the problems that a lot of restaurants have is a huge menu. Chef Ramsey usually cuts it down to 8 or 10 items of really good quality. I think that CM is doing the right thing by cutting down their product line. They should sell the stuff that people really buy. I hope that they figure it out and stay in business.

but they don't want to sell the stuff that people want to buy. They want to sell the stuff that they think people want to buy. The consultants have been telling them for years that we need x,y and z to sell and we've been ignored.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Thanks for the love ladies.

NonnasLove
Idol
NonnasLove

Another vote for Liz!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to NonnasLove

This is all such sad news...CM was my first dabble in the scrap pond too. I love their tools but felt the papers, albums etc were price prohibitive for me. And I too felt the snobbery of certain consultants at a crop when I took out my "contraband" supplies. Yes, that's what they called them. way to make a guest feel welcome! But I really felt like I one-upped them when my "contraband" pages were so much prettier using my verboten tools!

But one thing I learned from direct sales (I used to sell Mary Kay), if you dont sell a consumable product, pretty soon your customer base dries up because they have all your products n no longer need you (Pampered Chef, Tupperware!) Yes, much of the CM line is consumable, but not the products I shopped for and used. When you have all the tools, and the company is no longer offering new ones...there goes my business to the next company who DOES offer new and varied tools, like dear Martha, EKSuccess, Fiskars...

I am saddened to hear this and hope they take a good long look at the items that REALLY sold well...and STILL are on EBAY!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Juansmom

If you were thinking of ordering from CM, do it NOW. They are going super simple and even though word on the street is that the line will consist of 50 items, it's a going to be like 15 items available in different colors/patterns.

My gut tells me that they are done and I'm sad.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

CM is not ringing a bell with my memory. What does CM mean. I'm not sure if I have used their products or not.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to lgtaylor100

Creative Memories.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to jaxxan

Thanks Liz - just ordered 3 sets of all 3 color blades and another piece for the border system. I got the scalloped one this time.

Appreciate the heads-up so I could order there things!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I just ordered enough pages, etc to do 5 albums. That's the best I could do. My CM rep has cover sets for me and will let me make payments. Thank goodness!!

chile_chicken
Guru
chile_chicken
In response to bonprof

We have been taken over here in New Zealand by Close To My Heart- not sure what will happen in America though.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I think people are just going to start settling for cheaper products and make do!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I love, love, love that border maker!! You will go nuts with the scalloped edge.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to bonprof

I ordered the pages and protectors I needed to finish albums I am working on. My rep said there weren't any blades for the cutting system available. I'm so sad! When my blades are no longer sharp enough my cutting system will be useless!! How will I cut shapes and photos then??!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• chile_chicken Said:
We have been taken over here in New Zealand by Close To My Heart- not sure what will happen in America though.

new company (with the same old people) focusing on the fast to fabulous pre designed albums that you just need to stick your photos into.

Next week should prove interesting.

Veteran
In response to Vintageivy

Go on ebay.I got a lot of CM stuff on there when I first started out.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to SHARON ELISE

I have 3 orders pending with CM. I am very nervous about it as I really need certain things to finish my projects...

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to bonprof

I need to get a set of blades. I looked on evilbay and they are pretty expensive... Anyone know what they should cost? I don't want to get into a bidding war and end up paying too much. I don't have a rep.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to terrihooper

Blades retailed for just under 18 for a set of 3. Since we've been told by corporate that they are no longer available, the prices on ebay and amazon have become insane.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

1 of 3 of my cm orders came friday!! Monday is last chance order day: order pages, protectors and coversets. If you are a cm fan, dont miss the opportunity.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to bonprof

Hope everybody is able to find what they need!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsrogers52513

I got my CM order about 2 weeks ago and today I got a letter from them saying they are working on my order. It won't be much longer, some of the items are having to be produced.

It said not to reply to the email so I didn't. I'm sure they will figure out I have it and if they send it again, I'll just pay again. I can always use extra blades but I thought they were out - the letter clearly said they were producing more stuff.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity

Well, I just went on their website tonight and I'm pretty much disgusted with the company. If they're getting rid of their traditional albums and pages, then why are they still offering paper packs and embellishments? And they have some albums that are not listed as "last chance". I'm so confused...also disgusted at the price increase on items since February. I'm debating on whether I should just let them go now or invest in a years worth of albums/pages. I'm angry...I guess I shouldn't make a decision while I'm angry....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Here is the email I got from them today:

Dear Creative Memories Customers,

Thank you very much for your recent order. Please be assured that we’re working on it, and you will receive your products. As you may imagine, the news that we’re transitioning out of this business in order to create a fresh start has generated an enormous amount of orders.

Our manufacturing and distribution teams are working overtime to fulfill your orders from June and the first week in July. For some products, we’re waiting to receive raw materials that are on their way. We’ll ship your order as soon as all of your products are manufactured.

Our Customer Service team is also working overtime, and are still overwhelmed by the current volume of calls and emails. They send their apologies; they just don’t have enough people to answer all of them. So we appreciate your patience, and respectfully ask that you refer to your order status for any updates. You will receive a ship confirmation when your order leaves our warehouse.

Thank you. We appreciate your time and your business.

The Creative Memories Home Office Team

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

WSL - products that they have in stock and are selling to get rid of. Likely items were made a while ago to set up brochures, training info, etc and then they were in bigger trouble and filed for Chapter 11.

Last chance offer - since the products are made in the USA (which explains part of the high cost - labour in North America is not the same price as that from China), they are offering to take orders for albums and pages and page protectors during a certain period. They will make those items and ship them. Then that is it.

New CM and whatever that entails will come later. Or not.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to corrie fan

Well I'm glad to hear they are fullfilling people's orders that had already been placed. Could have been worse, I guess.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Siimplicity Said:
Well, I just went on their website tonight and I'm pretty much disgusted with the company. If they're getting rid of their traditional albums and pages, then why are they still offering paper packs and embellishments? And they have some albums that are not listed as "last chance". I'm so confused...also disgusted at the price increase on items since February. I'm debating on whether I should just let them go now or invest in a years worth of albums/pages. I'm angry...I guess I shouldn't make a decision while I'm angry....

Those are still available because before they can form the new simple album making company (and yes it will be a new company) they must liquidate everything they have left. Everything must go.

As for the price increase... that was a semi-annual thing. This last one was worse than usual because prices jumped higher than they have in the past and because more items were affected than usual.

Last chance ordering is for a select set of albums, pages, protectors and tape runner refills that they are able to order the materials to produce. If an album is still available on the website to order, but it isn't part of last chance ordering, it's because a) the album is physically in stock in the warehouse and b) they couldn't get more material for that style from the vendor.

And honestly, you're only pretty much disgusted with the company? I just "celebrated" my 9th anniversary with the company and after hearing everything I've heard for the last 4 months, the only anniversary gift I want is for certain people to be found criminally negligent for what they did to Creative Memories and how they treated loyal consultants.

Guess I'm not as far along in the grieving process as I thought I was.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

The things on my list were blades and a border punch for their system and the letter said they will go out when the products are manufactured. Sounds like there will be more blades and border punches!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Henri Jean Said:
The things on my list were blades and a border punch for their system and the letter said they will go out when the products are manufactured. Sounds like there will be more blades and border punches!

Unless CM lied to the consultants, blades and border punches are limited to what is left in the warehouse from the last shipment that the vendors sent before they figured out that CM had no money to pay them. Blades are only available on ebay right now. Border maker punches are not part of the last chance ordering.

You probably got an email because someone pulled the customer orders from a certain point and sent a mass email out to cover the company's butt.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

• Siimplicity Said:

I read somewhere that they are required to sell merchandise they have already per the banruptcy..

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I placed an order for some pages and protectors just to finish two albums I have in progress. I was really hesitant to do it when it stated the order could take weeks or MONTHS! I really hope I do get them in the mail. My thoughts are definitely with all of the consultants out there!

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Vintageivy

Liz, thanks for the explanation. I'm sure this is very devastating for consultants!!

I've purchased from CM for 11 years now. They're the only albums I've ever invested in and I can't imagine using anything less. I love how easy they are to clean...the page protectors are crystal clear and keep the dust out...they lay so nicely when you're looking thru them...love the metal edge on the pages, giving it such great reinforcement. I do hope they're able to continue making these in some form or that someone picks them up. Otherwise, I'll be grieving for the rest of my days.

Edited by Siimplicity on 07-11-13 07:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I've never used CM products, but they must be amazing by all the comments I've been reading! I hope everything works out with everyone and that people are able to find products that will fit their needs!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

I'm with you. Have been a cm user since 2001. I will have enough pages, etc for 7 albums if i get my orders. But I'm getting anxious waiting...there is nothing that comes close to cm albums and pages. God help us.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to bonprof

I hope you orders come soon!

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
I'm with you. Have been a cm user since 2001. I will have enough pages, etc for 7 albums if i get my orders. But I'm getting anxious waiting...there is nothing that comes close to cm albums and pages. God help us.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

I have tried with 3 different consultants to get a set of the red,green,blue blades and so far none are available to order. If anyone finds out different please let me know. Thanks!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to wilbur

Thanks Liz - I've got enough blades so I'm okay but it would also be okay if they sent me more.

Very odd they would send that letter out since blades and the border punch were all that was on the order.

I'm okay if I don't get them but a lot of people will be mad because they expect to get them after receiving that email!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Yes they will, hope they follow through!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm sure it was a mistake... they've pulled everyone left in the company to answer phones and pack boxes. Lots of people who have never handled the customer service side of CM are doing CSR jobs because they are that understaffed/that overwhelmed.

I just wish they would close already. This slow death thing that they're doing is painful to watch.

suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut

I agree and I'm just anxious to see what the new company is going to look like. Although I hear rumors that's its going to be just digital and premade fast to fabulous books...which neither work for me. I like creating my own pages.....guess I'll just have to look into another type of album to use. I'm ordering enough to get me through the two coversets I have...after that, I'll have to find something new.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to suznut

Those rumors are pretty substantiated, since it's exactly what is coming from corporate. The current digital offerings are going away and will not be part of the new company.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Guess we will just have to wait and see!

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler

I hope it all works out for CM, but I had the same problem a few others had with the "only CM products" at the crop. I remember we (a big group of friends) went to one HUGE crop down in Hampton VA once. . . they had all their consultants there with their groups. It was fun but I felt a little out of place. . . it seemed to be more of a consultant convention. And I stood out like a sore thumb - my pages were totally out of the norm for all of them. I just didn't feel welcome.

Now that being said - they've done some nice changes with their pattern papers and some of their embellishments that I really like. . . so I hope that keep that going!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to ScrappinTraveler

Aw, thats really too bad they made you feel like that.

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler

• mrsrogers52513 Said:
Aw, thats really too bad they made you feel like that.

Oh it's OK - I had my IPod and Just tuned them all out. . . And I was with my friends and that's all that really mattered! :-)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to ScrappinTraveler

• ScrappinTraveler Said:
I hope it all works out for CM, but I had the same problem a few others had with the "only CM products" at the crop. I remember we (a big group of friends) went to one HUGE crop down in Hampton VA once. . . they had all their consultants there with their groups. It was fun but I felt a little out of place. . . it seemed to be more of a consultant convention. And I stood out like a sore thumb - my pages were totally out of the norm for all of them. I just didn't feel welcome.

Now that being said - they've done some nice changes with their pattern papers and some of their embellishments that I really like. . . so I hope that keep that going
!

All going away. Digital is supposed to go from a computer program to a phone/tablet app. Any albums will be pre-printed, pre-designed and probably fixed page theme albums.

The word they are using is simple. As in so simple a monkey could do it. That is, if they can find an investor who will pony up the money.

ScrappinTraveler
Pro
ScrappinTraveler

Ouch that's so sad - well, I called a friend and asked her to ask the CM rep she has for a certain paper pack - if she doesn't have I won't cry, but would have been nice to have! Oh well - I don't really use much of the CM stuff, but I always hate to see a company go away . . .

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney

• moxiegirl23 Said:
All going away. Digital is supposed to go from a computer program to a phone/tablet app. Any albums will be pre-printed, pre-designed and probably fixed page theme albums.

Well, I have a feeling that they will not survive with this new business model. Some of the recent products were pre-designed, but my problem with that is that it does not allow a lot of flexibility. Sure, you can embellish over it the pre-printed template or add an extra photo, but then why not start from scratch? I'm not a particularly creative scrapbooker so if I feel that way, I imagine a lot of others will feel even more so!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Frau_Cooney

Just my two cents:i am forever grateful to my cm reps for teaching me how to do basic scrapbooking. I never felt pressured to use only cm products.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to bonprof

sigh...

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to bonprof

• bonprof Said:
Just my two cents:i am forever grateful to my cm reps for teaching me how to do basic scrapbooking. I never felt pressured to use only cm products.

I agree completely. It may have been a business for them, but mine definitely gave the personal touch, worked hard, and made me feel like I was part of something good.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Frau_Cooney

So sad, hope everything works out for them.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

I'm still looking for a set of blades if any consultant has any for sale...thanks.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to wilbur

• wilbur Said:
I'm still looking for a set of blades if any consultant has any for sale...thanks.

ebay.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

I checked on ebay, they're going for $45 to $79. They cost $18/set from CM (I think)....that is if you could order them!!! Let's hope they keep them for sale when they reorganize or do whatever to the company.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to wilbur

• wilbur Said:
I checked on ebay, they're going for $45 to $79. They cost $18/set from CM (I think)....that is if you could order them!!! Let's hope they keep them for sale when they reorganize or do whatever to the company.

I know I sound overly negative, but unless every conference call I've been on or read the transcript to has been nothing but lies, they will not be part of CM going forward. They are not part of the last chance ordering sale because the vendor that CM buys them from, will not do business with CM anymore. The new CM will not have tools because they are marketing to "time starved moms" who just want to glue photos into a book and call it done.

My hope at this point is that CM's assets go up for auction and someone else buys the rights to make the albums and the tools. But I don't think that's very likely, either.

rel002
rel002 
Veteran
rel002

I have some extra CM papers from a long time ago when I was a consultant....now might be the time to ebay them and make me some money =) Sorry tho I do not have any blades except for the straight cutter.

IMO, the cutting system ovals and circles is super simple to use and was the only system that worked for me so hopefully they will continue to supply it or another company will. I agree with others that CM didn't change their papers enough to keep sales going. Nor did the company offer enough specials for customers to place orders. I don't know what I will do when I run out of albums but if CM doesn't make them anymore then like other things in life I will make do.

And if there are any consultants on here that have a 8x8 package of side loading sleeves to sell, I could use a set...

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to rel002

Holy cow that's a big markup! Hope everyone finds what they need without going bankrupt!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to bonprof

It is official.

The consultant websites will shut down on August 21 for Canadian Consultants and on August 31 for US ones.

On August 31, all consultants will be released from their contracts and no longer be considered part of Creative Memories.

September 23 is the final day to order anything. However, your consultant will not profit if you order between September 1 and September 23 because they will no longer have a contract or consultant status.

The new company is hoping to debut November 1, if the bankruptcy court allows it.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1

Thanks for the heads-up. Will anything be on sale? I love their albums, and there are a couple of their tools that I'd like to have if they were less expensive. Also, will they still sell their tools after the bankruptcy? I'd like to have the Trimmer.

Edited by crichards1 on 07-27-13 07:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I'm sorry Liz.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• crichards1 Said:
Thanks for the heads-up. Will anything be on sale? I love their albums, and there are a couple of their tools that I'd like to have if they were less expensive. Also, will they still sell their tools after the bankruptcy? I'd like to have the Trimmer.

Nope to both questions. They want all the money that they can get their hands on, so there will be no discounting. As for tools, it has been said by CM corporate multiple times that tools will not be part of the new product line going forward.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics