Username Post: Psssst. Lookie here....        (Topic#1588231)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Y'all might have noticed that the SB.com crew got new pics. And y'all might have wondered....in over 8 years....we've never seen the chick with the mop?

Well, I'm going to tell you a story. Awhile back, the SB.com folks needed tech support help, beyond Kelsey's spare time. So, we got all brilliant, and said - let's get some peeps in different time zones! If we hit, say, eastern time to AZ standard time, we're going to cover WAY beyond the standard work day.

So, ForumTech was born. The idea was originally...multiple people with a potential to be behind the curtain, but a single, unified "persona".

The response was...well, you guys thought our generic tech person was...boring. Dry. No fun.

And if there's one thing that we are, it's definitely FUN!!!! So, we gave her a name. Megan was born.

Time passed. The tech support has, I won't say dwindled to a single person, but let's say I'm so freaking spectacular that I do it solo. Kelsey'd agree. Yes, I paid her to agree.

If Megan ever said something funny or smart alec? Yeah. That was me. If she ticked you off....that was someone else.

So, with the new pics, it seemed like it was time. Step out from behind the curtain, and say HI. This is me, the real me now.

Hi. Nice to meet you. My name is...Lisa. I live in MI. Eastern time zone, but I don't sleep, so you never know when I might pop in. And here in a minute, after I push ADD POST here...I'm gonna post a pic. Of me. For real.

It does occur to me that I know a lot more about you guys than you know about me. So...ask. I'll answer stuff, if you want.

We've bounced around - should I change my name? I've seen Megan for so long that I'm kind of tempted to say......no. So please feel free to weigh in on that, too.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Megan - ForumTech

This made me laugh. Whatever you decide to be called we are thankful for all your hard work and help.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

This was a very funny story. lol It is great to actually see you. I was wondering if all of them liked diet coke too? Thanks for all the work you & the others do

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to anda11

Not everyone.

Can you believe that some people like....Pepsi????

No taste.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-23-13 12:58 PM

Congratulations Lisa!! Finally able to step out of the broom closet and share your real self

It's been a journey of trial and error and "megan" has worked for a long time, but now we want to connect... to REALLY connect to all of you - our loyal members... and we feel we need to be honest and forthcoming to do so.

SO yes, new, unified pictures - and Janitor Lisa - still the same 'ole Scrapbook.com!

XOXO

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to Kels

It is nice to finally meet you Lisa! I love your smart alec sense of humor (very similar to my own) so please don't change that! As for your name............we will adjust to whatever is decided.
Thank you for all your hard work and making this a great website!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to scrappy_day

I'm 'fraid you're stuck with the sense of humor. That's not leaving!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

*sigh* Now I feel bad for always calling you Megan...do you ever respond to that name IRL?

It's very nice to meet you Lisa, for real!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to SJB1120

Absolutely no feeling bad allowed!

Matter of fact, yes. Someone yelled Megan in Dress Barn a few weeks ago. I turned around. DOH!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

You know what? You actually don't look unlike how I imagined you. How strange is that?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Really? I think that's rather cool!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Hello Lisa! It is very nice to meet... or rather... see you!

Edited by KatieJo on 05-23-13 02:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to KatieJo

Hi Lisa! Nice to meet you! Regardless of what name you decide to be called, We are all very grateful for the behind the scenes work you do and the up front awesome sense of humor you have graced the boards with. Thank you for all that you do!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Nice to meet you......I want to know more about you cause you are so important to this wonderful site.

When did you start scrapbooking and why?

Do you have a colour that you tend to scrap a lot with?

BTW, I love this but I will consider you Megan cause that is my niece's name but I will call you whatever you are comfortable with.....just keep up the good work.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to PhotobearSam

1999-2000ish. I can't remember exactly when. A friend drug me to a CM party...I remember telling her, I'm not creative...

Now, you should see the piles.

Colors, I have a way out of proportion pile of blue stuff. And brights. I don't tend to go for pinks or pastels.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing

I just wanted to say thanks for all the good work you do here. I am not really a regular but have enjoyed your fair posts when you have to do the dirty work!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You are absolutely awesome Lisa! And you were awesome as Megan. So glad you are here!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Henri Jean

Wha... what? Mind blown.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-23-13 03:56 PM
In response to cindy312

Mind blown, indeed! Welcome Lisa! I always wondered why Megan's avatar wasn't a photo.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to stick

That's just the funniest story! I think we should call for moplady from now on when we need clean up!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to NMlady

Hi Lisa, it's nice to finally meet you!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to KellyCali

Moplady aka ML aka Megan/Lisa!!!

More mindblowing!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to SJB1120

Moplady! I like that!

I'm 99% sure I'm the one that coined the first janitor joke....

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Nice to meet you Lisa.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to corrie fan

Sorry been a little Missing in Action Allergies are working big time....but Lisa/Megan it's nice to finally meet the real person behind the broom and mop.

Love you gal and really love your sense of humor. We are neighbors in a funny kind of way I'm in Ohio so just a boarder between us!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-23-13 06:24 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

Mega-Lisa!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Sneezy1956

Hi Lisa! Nice to see your new avatar and what a story ))) kinda reminds me of... oh yes, right, this...

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to OlesyaK.

That's awesome! Great story. Nice to meet you, Lisa. (Although I'll always still think of you as Megan.)

How long has it just been you behind the curtain? Because I didn't seem to notice a split personality.

SherylEb
Diva
SherylEb
In response to scraprabbit

Kind of like an AA meeting. "my name is Lisa and I'm a Megan".

It could be called SA for scrapbook.dom anonymous. My name is ??? And I was a Meagan for x long. I've been clean since xxx.

Hysterical

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
Absolutely no feeling bad allowed!

Matter of fact, yes. Someone yelled Megan in Dress Barn a few weeks ago. I turned around. DOH!

And.....thanks for ALL you do!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• scraprabbit Said:
That's awesome! Great story. Nice to meet you, Lisa. (Although I'll always still think of you as Megan.)

How long has it just been you behind the curtain? Because I didn't seem to notice a split personality.

I've been part of the team since the beginning. So at least my personality isn't split.

I hope not, anyway.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:

Hi Lisa! Nice to see your new avatar and what a story ))) kinda reminds me of... oh yes, right, this...

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Hi. Nice to meet you. My name is...Lisa. I live in MI. Eastern time zone, but I don't sleep, so you never know when I might pop in. And here in a minute, after I push ADD POST here...I'm gonna post a pic. Of me. For real.

where in MI? Im in Macomb ....20 miles NE of Detroit

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to NMlady

LOL...that's too funny!! Nice to meet you Lisa and the funny tech behind Megan!! Choose the name you want to use, but if you choose Lisa, maybe pop in as Megan once in a while, lol, we might miss her!!!

I think sb.com is wonderful! I love the pics of yourselves!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to StarsNSparkles

I'm in Lansing, Michelle...that puts me about an hour and 45 from you?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Great story, thanks for sharing Lisa

lakauai
Resident
lakauai
In response to tinadn

oh my, that is sooooo funny! Well, I just wanted to say that you have been great, really helpful to me, answering questions and such. So keep up the great work!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to lakauai

Since hindsight is 20/20.....WOW....no....mind....*blown*.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Manda_K

Great to finally "meet" you! So glad to learn a little about who you really are! I have to admit though, Megan kinda sticks in my head, but we will call you whatever name you choose to go by! And, we'll like it, darn it! LOL!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Manda_K

Here at work, we are giving the admin staff alter ego names. I am "the flying monkey master" (I even have a LO in my gallery under that title, even though the LO originated long before the name at work). I rather like it. I do something that ticks someone off, I blame it on the alter ego. I do something that makes them smile, well, that's all me. So, I say, use whatever name you want! They're both you!!!

It's good to finally "see" you, too.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to NMlady

Hmmm...I wonder if it's coincidental that I am the only one at work who took an "evil" alter ego name??? Everyone else picked things like "Wonder Woman."

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to siameseplease

Hey.

I wanna be a flying monkey master!

Monkeys are cooler than mops!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I'm in Lansing, Michelle...that puts me about an hour and 45 from you?

yep 45 min ....so cool .....I always assumed that everyone who worked for sb.com lived in arizona

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to melissadam

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

I can't say I ever noticed,,,per se,,,,,,

but there was a time some of us were wondering if you were OK,,,,,you weren't here as much,,,,,,

and when you were, the personality seemed,,,,,,"off"

anywho,,,,,,

NICE TO FINALLY MEET YOU!!!!!!!!!

If we're gonna do the group hug thing, could ya put down the mop?

that thing is wet and I just did my hair

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to CommaHolly

It doesn't smell so great, either, so I'll ditch it for any hugs.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Then I'll forgive you for the unconscionable remark about Pepsi drinkers

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 05-24-13 09:15 AM

What no real Megan? Megan is an alias? LOL!!!!
Lisa, glad to see you! You look like and are, I am sure, an awesome person! Glad you can finally come out of the "janitor's closet"! Welcome!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• CommaHolly Said:
Then I'll forgive you for the unconscionable remark about Pepsi drinkers

EEK!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to NMlady

!!!!!!! Ahmahgah! It's SO nice to see you! Also, geeked to see someone else from MI here. Apparently that makes a big difference to me.

Yay!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• melissadam Said:

And this makes me dorky happy, too.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • melissadam Said:

I feel the same when I see someone from MI .....where are you at anne?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to siameseplease

Nice story thanks for sharing

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to babigirl

Thanks for sharing Lisa...we all have alias here mostly anyways so its cool...We can call you Lisa Megan Moplady...sure your to come running by one of those names.

I have been around here for years as well..and I am one of those dreaded Pepsi drinkers too..but I will drink Coke as well..so you still have to love me.

You do a great job and we are very appreciative of you.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

• melissadam Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:
  • melissadam Said:

geez you guys are closer than I thought..
we drove through MI last weekend - shopping at birch run outlets was a blast! but upper peninsula is so empty and feels so up north, kwim...

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to OlesyaK.

Just can't imagine sb.com without Megan! But, whatever the name, you are certainly appreciated!

JessieGirl01
Resident
JessieGirl01
In response to NMlady

Whoa, my mind is blown...it's like The Wizard of Oz in here...except with paper and stickles. That horse of a different color could've used some stickles, don't ya think?

Thank you for all of your hard work Lisa, and it's nice to see the face behind the "curtain."

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to JessieGirl01

No Megan?? LOL! Great story! Nice to finally “see” you Lisa. I guess my hubby IS right…you just never know who you are talking to online. He doesn’t get the whole “online friends” thing. He thinks everyone is a guy with bad intentions lol Even though I am crushed there is no “Megan” I’m happy that you are not a 400 pound lumberjack. Not that I have anything against 400 pound men, or women, or lumberjacks

So questions for you…..

How many employees are there for SB.com?
How long have you guys been in business?
Do ya’ll work from home?
Are you married? Have children? Pets?
What do you like to do when you’re not working?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop?

(You DID say it was ok to ask questions)

I love this site, your customer service is phenomenal and I’ve “met” some fantastic people that I would never have if not for SB.com and I went from having a rubbermaid box with some paper, stickers and scissors to my very own scraproom that is very well stocked

Thanks for all you guys do!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• melissadam Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:
  • melissadam Said:

Flint

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to OlesyaK.

[quote=OlesyaK.][quote=melissadam][quote =MommaSaid][quote=melissa dam][quote=Megan - ForumTech]

[/quote]

I kinda know. It's been years, but I remember a lot of quiet...and trees.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

geez you guys are closer than I thought..
we drove through MI last weekend - shopping at birch run outlets was a blast! but upper peninsula is so empty and feels so up north, kwim...

[/quote]

Pinksky-
Resident
Pinksky-

You're not Mrs. Doubtfire, are you? Bwahaha Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one. Nice to meet you Lisa. I don't post very often but I visit everyday--love this site!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Pinksky-

How many employees are there for SB.com? A bunch.

How long have you guys been in business? Kelsey? I don't remember. A looooooooong time.

Do ya’ll work from home? I do. It rocks.

Are you married? Have children? Pets? Widowed. Long ugly story. 2 kids, both adults, and a stepdaughter that I kept when her dad passed. I'm not old enough to be her mom!

What do you like to do when you’re not working? Scrap! Although I mostly make cards lately. Quilt. Work on the house. And lately I've been stuck working on the yard, my son is working too much, and my lawn guy has too many jobs.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop? Three. Ask Mr. Owl!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

for the long ugly story.

Tell us about the beautiful dogs? Are they retrievers?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to RedSquirrel UK

One retriever, some 'lil dogs. I do rescue, so the crowd rotates.

Mostly schnauzers and shih tzus....some of you that have been around here a Really Long Time might remember the schnauzers.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Mostly schnauzers and shih tzus....some of you that have been around here a Really Long Time might remember the schnauzers.

Those of us around for a really long time....were you under "Megan" with the schnauzers, or were you under a different name as Lisa???

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I KNOW YOU, don't I??? From before "Megan"??

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• scraprabbit Said:

I bet you do!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:

I bet you do!

I do, I do! Too funny! It's been a LONG time since I've seen you around under the old name. Now I'm totally going to think of you as Lisa, since that's how I originally met you. Freakin' hilarious. (The Lisa + schnauzers was a dead giveaway!)

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

Wait... what?! Mind blown again.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-28-13 07:42 AM

How many employees are there for SB.com? A bunch.

I think we number about 50 now! YIKES!!

How long have you guys been in business? Kelsey? I don't remember. A looooooooong time.

Since 2001

Do ya’ll work from home? I do. It rocks.

Lisa gets the only full-time work from home position... but a few of us get a day here and there - we're flexible

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to cindy312

Wow!!!! Who'da thunk it?!

And thanks for all you do to keep this a great place in cyberspace

Sooooo-is the jury still out on the Great Megan/Lisa debate?!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Kim222

Pretty much. I've been Megan for so long it almost seems weird to answer to anything else.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 05-28-13 03:16 PM

ha! I just knew there was some subterfuge in play...

Nope not true.

I am surprised but delighted to 'meet' the real Megan... Lisa!

No matter the name you do a fabulous job and with a great sense of humor and fun with it.
And now for the singing portion of our post:
(to the tune of the Oscar Meyer song)

Our techie has a fake name
it's M-E-G-A-N
our techie has a real name
it's L-I-S-Aa
but when you have a problem here
she won't care which one you say
she'll get her mop and clean it up
and just make that trouble go away

Lisa you look so much like a friend of mine it is uncanny.

Edited by GMFTS on 05-28-13 03:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to GMFTS

Love the song!!!!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

Hmmm, someone on a forum not using their real name? What, what? lol!

How about a celeb combo name such as MeLisa?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to t-scraps

I voted for....

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Kelsey rolled her eyes.

(Anyone get the reference?)

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I voted for....

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Kelsey rolled her eyes.

Said every wife - ever?

Nope, don't get the reference.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 05-29-13 03:14 PM

I voted for....

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Kelsey rolled her eyes.

I was going to say that's my name but really I am known in some parts as Empress Mary of the South.

Perhaps you could be Empress Lisa of sb.land?

And then we could all bow to you.

Where is that "I am not worthy" smilie anyway?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to GMFTS

OOOOOOoooooooooooooo. Empress.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

It is so great to see the face behind all the hard work......it is the real face...right?? Thanks for sharing the backstory.

My two cents on the name is keep Lisa with the good sense of humor and helpful information but when you have to crack the whip it can be the alter ego Megan.

Keep both Avatars so we know when the Mop/diet coke shows up to its time to sit up and fly straight.

Oh meant to say I am loving the new pictures, really beautiful!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
It is so great to see the face behind all the hard work......it is the real face...right?? Thanks for sharing the backstory.

My two cents on the name is keep Lisa with the good sense of humor and helpful information but when you have to crack the whip it can be the alter ego Megan.

Keep both Avatars so we know when the Mop/diet coke shows up to its time to sit up and fly straight.

That's actually a good idea.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Thanks Sara/Scraprabbit!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to jaxxan

Real face! Wouldn't THAT be evil, if it wasn't.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

I might have a devious mind but I think it could actually be fun. Almost like a running mystery on the site, who really is Megan-the forum tech.

However Lisa, you deserve to be in the lime light for all you do and it is nice to see the real face.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

• scraprabbit Said:
  • jaxxan Said:

That's actually a good idea.

I agree!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kim222

I am finally getting to read this - I read on a thread something that made me look for it, but I was away for several weeks.

Nice to meet the real you Lisa. The PDFers have all kinds of names - we now have Princess names so your Empress moniker will fit right in when you have to visit us.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics