Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: July VLB- Summer Is In Full Swing!        (Topic#1589073)
scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to godschild94

rainy, rainy day!

DH and dgs went to a movie; dd and I are getting facials.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to scrapperbee

2 from me
Our Dirty Boy By AllAmy

Cowen Christmas pics By AllAmy

raining
Governor
raining
In response to AllAmy

Birthday Card **Ruby Rock It** By Raining

Pillow Box **Ruby Rock It** By Raining

Birthday Tag *Ruby rock it* By Raining

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to raining

Beautiful Baby Girl By Henri Jean

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to MeliMedina

does week 1 HAVE to be a layout? can it be a card?

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to YourScrapAttack

acu to here
Rhonda, this is the VLB--we don't really have rules. Just spread the love on everything posted! So, yes, card, layout, canvas...

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Pookahbot

Happy Fourth everyone! Busy day here, may have a lot of rain to contend with though.

Rhonda- You can make whatever you like! Really, we're just a group of friends who chat, vent, and scrap. We share all our work here and leave comments on each other's projects. So if you want to make a card for the challenge, go ahead! If you don't want to do the challenge at all, that is cool too!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Pookahbot

Finished this last night:

Stone Mountain By Scrapperbee

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Happy Independence Day to those of us in the US!

raining
Governor
raining

Happy 4th everyone! Dont' eat too many burgers and hot dogs!
Road Trip **Scraps of Darkness** By Raining

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to raining

jci

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to lcmemories

Happy 4th of July!

Just to let you know:
20% off all Queen washi tapes
13% off all Patriotic
$5 off any order of $40 or more.

So, got $47 worth of supplies for $36.00 (just have to watch you don't get heavy things that put up the shipping). Usually only order on free shipping days--but this one worked great for me.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Here are my latest:

The Melting Pot By Lcmemories

Mother's Day 2013 By Lcmemories

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps

To make you feel better Rhonda, I always forget the challenges and they've let me stick aroud.lol You totally made me realize that I actually hit the challenge this week with my red, white and blue layout. AND Rebecca's paint from last month. Rebecca, I used paint for my canvas! That should make you happy

Happy 4th to everyone.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to lpeeps

We went an saw fireworks last night. I can't believe it didn't rain on us and today has actually been another day without rain.

Here's my red, white, and blue:

Skiing By Autumngold

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to autumngold

in honor of the 4th, here is a red, white and blue
Easter women 2003 By AllAmy

and something about summer
Manresa Beach By AllAmy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Clearwater Beach By Henri Jean

Clearwater Beach Feeding Pigeons 1 By Henri Jean

Clearwater Beach - Feeding Seagulls & Pigeons - 2 By Henri Jean

Clearwater Beach - Feeding Seagulls & Pigeons both sides By Henri Jean

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Henri Jean

Acu! Happy fourth!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to LesleyC

Another 2 pager in my smash book

Love Tigers By Julie101

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to julie101

DOO:

Everything Grows with Love By LesleyC

Grocery shopping, swimming and fire works on tap for today, as well as packing for a crop in two weeks. I'm not sure when else I'll get to it.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to LesleyC

I am taking the day off work so I plan to get some scrapping done today!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

Morning all, we did manage to see fireworks last night with most of my co-workerds and their families. My work happens to be right beside the stadium where they set off the fireworks. So our boss blocks off most of our parking lot. So there is enough room for all the employees. It's fun. Since we don't really have family here to watch the fireworks with in our town. It's the 2nd best way you can do it.

And my 3 year old did well. He kept his hands over his ears the entire time. But there was no screaming or crying. So that made it even better since I had to take the boys by myself as Daddy got called in to work for the Sherifs Dept. earlier in the day since we had a inmate escape from our local (just a few miles away from us) maximum security prison. It took them almost the whole day but they were able to find him and bring him back to prison. Actually some customers/employees at a small general store in a little town not for from the prison recognized him and wrestled him to the ground and kept him there until law enforcement could get there.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to mindyradio

Our town still had fireworks, but the crowd pretty much got rained out. DH and dgs show off a few small ones in the backyard.

And am still scrapping vacations in the early 80s. And using some supplies from the past 10 years.

Tavern on the Green By Scrapperbee

Edited by scrapperbee on 07-05-13 06:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Morning ladies! Happy Friday!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to byondbzr

Glad they got them Mindy! That is scary to know someone out of maximum security is running around loose!

We live in Florida but the last time we were in Hawaii I was in bed reading and Bill was watching that show - World's dumbest criminals or something like that.

We heard them say, "After the break we are going to see a film of a real hero - Stan, an 78-year old (or however old Stan is) not only stopped a robbery but got shot and kept on chasing the guy.

We didn't think much of it until they showed the film clip - you see the store clerk and the guy with the gun holding him up. Then you see Stan - our neighbor 4 or 5 doors down run in from nowhere and tackle the guy.

They guy shoots Stan in the arm and runs away and Stan chases him, knocking down a rack of cards on the way and sets them back upright without even stopping his chase.

I knew Stan got shot trying to stop a robbery - but didn't know he was on the tv show. That convenience store is 2 blocks from my house!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

How does someone escape from a Maximum Security prison? Scary!

We're going to fireworks later. This is the first time in 3 years our town has them - they ran out of money, but some community group came forward and footed the bill. Disneyworld took care of Nina's fear of fireworks. She went from being absolutely terrified to LOVING them!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

What cutter do you all have?

I have the Fiskars Rotary Cutter, and I'm not a fan. I've had it for over a year; perhaps I bought an older model?

Fiskars Rotary Cutter By LesleyC

The numbers on the orange arm are engraved, rather than printed, so it's hard to read the numbers.

The ruler gaps between the cutter platform and the arm -- which is somewhere between the 3.5" and the 3.75" mark! So you can't get an exact cut if you're making anything that size.

The arm doesn't stay tight on the cutter. It also doesn't hold straight, so when trying to line things up against the guides, it's hard to get a straight line.

Any recommendations for something better? I've suffered through this thing for long enough, and I think it's time to upgrade. (Sadly, this *was* my upgrade.)

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to LesleyC

Mindy and Henri- both your prison break and recovery stories are crazy but cool.

We had a great 4th.
Neighborhood parade where we all got to decorate bikes and scooters and then follow the cars/engine and floats. Then the fire dept sprayed down the grass area of the park to the joy of all the refreshed spectators. We were drenched!! Then with some family to a BBQ and fireworks. Fun times. So thankful for our wonderful country.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to AllAmy

Hi ladies jci,

We had and are still having terrible weather here, it rained all day yesterday but hubby was still able to grill so I didn't have to cook. We did hear fireworks going off last night but we stayed in a watched movies.

Mindy, so glad they caught the inmate, so scary that he escaped at all.

ACU again...off to enjoy the rest of my lazy day.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Tena E.

Hello - it rained most of yesterday so Bill put the grill by the door and we had steak and sautéed onions - just the two of us.

Today I've been running errands. I had some pictures that were too big for my layouts (using overlays and the openings for the photos are small so most of the picture is cut off.

Found that one of Walgreen's normal sizes is 4 x 4 and that works perfectly with the smaller openings!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

It's that Darn Pirate Again By Henri Jean

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

Dropping off:

Incredible Eyes By Twinlets Mama

Family Time By Twinlets Mama

How Does She? By Twinlets Mama

So Happy By Twinlets Mama

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Twinlets Mama

Henri, when you print 4x4 at Walgreens, are the actual prints cut to 4x4 or are they 4x4 on 4x6? That's how they printed at Archivers (4x6); there was a 2" gap that I had to cut off. I didn't know if that was standard or if other places actually printed 4x4. I was pretty disappointed in Archivers quality, actually.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to LesleyC

Drop off another 2 pager from my smash book

My Achievements By Julie101

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LesleyC

The pictures are 4 x 4 and are just like the 4 x 6 only more compact so that each image on the photo is smaller. There was a 2" white strip on each photo that the photo guy cut off but I could have cut them as easily.

Actually, when I put the 4 x 4 next to the 4 x 6, the part of the photo on the left and right edges are the same so nothing is cut out. the top and bottom show things that were cut off on the 4 x 6 because the overall image is smaller so you see more of the top and bottom of the photo.

The finish is the same as my other Walgreens photos so its good.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

jci

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• Henri Jean Said:
The pictures are 4 x 4 and are just like the 4 x 6 only more compact so that each image on the photo is smaller. There was a 2" white strip on each photo that the photo guy cut off but I could have cut them as easily.

Actually, when I put the 4 x 4 next to the 4 x 6, the part of the photo on the left and right edges are the same so nothing is cut out. the top and bottom show things that were cut off on the 4 x 6 because the overall image is smaller so you see more of the top and bottom of the photo.

The finish is the same as my other Walgreens photos so its good.

Got it. I may check that out. Costco prints great quality, and the price is great (13c for 4x6). They even have 8x8 (so I can collage 4 4x4s), and 8x12, and they are cut to size. I suggested that they start doing the 4x4s; those are becoming very popular.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to LesleyC

I have this cutter and I like it. I bought it with a 50% off coupon at ACM which made it $25.
Products Referenced in This Post:

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Here's my latest:

Outer Banks By Autumngold

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

SLOTO! You ladies have been busy!

I've been home alone with the boys most of the week. DH went up north with his Dad Thursday morning to work on the house up there some more. This is the last weekend this month they're going up and I'm glad. I don't mind him being gone with the boys (they behave better when it's just me), but I still miss him, especially since it's been 2 weekends in a row and he was only home 3 days before he went back up.

The neighbors were shooting off big boom fireworks until 1 am this morning. I need a nap.

Lesley, I have a Cutterpede, like this one, but an older model in pink:

Cutterpede Trimmer

I have bought 2. I broke the first one. The second one they had to replace because something was wrong with the cutting arm and it wouldn't cut straight, so I emailed them about it and they sent me a new one. I've broken the third one, but it's my own fault (you really shouldn't try to pick any cutter up by the measuring arm - this one will break off at the hinge where it bends for card making), and my husband was able to fix it. I've been able to use the blades I've bought with both of them, and I believe that they are compatible with the newer model. It's a cheaper trimmer, and it hasn't been too bad. And EK Success stands behind them for quite a while... mine was about 6 months old when they replaced it for the warped arm!

Oh... dropping off a couple as well!

* FLAMINGO SCRAPS * Christmas Tree Card By MelissaW

* FLAMINGO SCRAPS * Poinsettia Card By MelissaW

* FLAMINGO SCRAPS * Christmas Tree Card By MelissaW

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

Wow Christmas cards already! I still haven't sent out last years!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to AuntyT

It's been a busy few days. July 4th was spent with my dh's family, and yesterday I went shopping for a dress to wear to my niece's wedding. That was a little depressing, since I am now a larger size than I was last year. Today, we are heading to Monroe for the stock car races. I am hoping to squeeze in some time to work on pages tomorrow. BBL!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Leaving to go to some friends for our 4th of July celebration--that was rained out. They have a pool.

The Breakers By Scrapperbee

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

How's everyone doing this fine Saturday? I've been scrappin' it up. This is my page for the red/white/blue challenge...

USA By Byondbzr

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to byondbzr

Bombing because I can.
Yosemite By AllAmy

Papa fishing By AllAmy

Boardwalk By AllAmy

Carousel By AllAmy

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to AllAmy

July Moxxie blog hop!

Chillin' out **Moxxie** By Byondbzr

If you want to play along...
http://byondbzr.blogspot.com/2013/07/u.html

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to byondbzr

Woohoo I got a few done.

Loves Apples By AuntyT

Cuddlebug By AuntyT

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

• Henri Jean Said:
Glad they got them Mindy! That is scary to know someone out of maximum security is running around loose!

We live in Florida but the last time we were in Hawaii I was in bed reading and Bill was watching that show - World's dumbest criminals or something like that.

We heard them say, "After the break we are going to see a film of a real hero - Stan, an 78-year old (or however old Stan is) not only stopped a robbery but got shot and kept on chasing the guy.

We didn't think much of it until they showed the film clip - you see the store clerk and the guy with the gun holding him up. Then you see Stan - our neighbor 4 or 5 doors down run in from nowhere and tackle the guy.

They guy shoots Stan in the arm and runs away and Stan chases him, knocking down a rack of cards on the way and sets them back upright without even stopping his chase.

I knew Stan got shot trying to stop a robbery - but didn't know he was on the tv show. That convenience store is 2 blocks from my house!

Apparently, he worked in the Maintenance Dept in the prison and managed to get a ladder out to one of the fences. I would have thought someone would have noticed him carrying a ladder large enough to get over the fence across the property. It's a big property with a medium security prison beside it as well. But I guess not. Honestly, it seems to happen every 5 or so years some one gets out, but they never get too far.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

With most prison breaks they seem to get them pretty quickly.

Our house in Georgia was not too far from the prison and it backed up to woods. But, you could see a creek and fence down a cliff so it wasn't a place to escape. The other side of the fence and creek was church property.

But when someone escaped from the prison we had helicopters all over our neighborhood and that was about once a year. Several times our neighborhood was blockaded in and we told not to open our doors or go outside.

One time I was not home and someone escaped. The neighbors across the street saw him in my back yard peeping around the corner of my house. We were a ways from the prison (I'm not even sure where it was) but the escapees always seemed to end up in our neighborhood.

One night we heard bull horns tell neighbors to stay inside with the doors locked. There were two escapees that night. They got them around the corner from my house.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Yikes!!

Acu

raining
Governor
raining
In response to LesleyC

I'm doubling the Yikes on the prison break in the backyard!

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee
In response to raining

I'm HOME!!! Gosh it felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night. I feel really good this morning after traveling for 24 hours yesterday. I'm sure I'll crash later.

you all have been scrapping machines this month.

Tena hope you have sun today -- I tried to bring it home with me!

Pick up my babies at 5 pm at the vet -- they are going to be WILD!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to NVyankee

Welcome home, Eileen!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

I am so annoyed! Someone has stolen my Mt. Dew out of the company fridge twice now. Stupid thieves!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to AuntyT

Howdy ladies! LOTO...

Welcome home Eileen!

For those paper junkies, Moxxie has six new lines out for summer. I have these in hand and can tell you, they are awesome and the colors rock! Check them out here if you are interested: http://byondbzr.blogspot.com/2013/07/six-brand-new -coll...

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to byondbzr

ACU on loving.

SWIM By AllAmy

Sleeping Billy By AllAmy

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to AllAmy

Welcome home, Eileen!

Yes, another yikes on the prisoners in the backyard.

Checking out the Moxxie. I just ordered some on my sb.com order, but, of course, not these new ones. My fave is the rich fall colors collection.

Edited by scrapperbee on 07-07-13 01:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to AllAmy

Welcome home Eileen! Thanks for trying to bring the sunshine but no such luck here, it's still raining, humid and dreary! Can't wait to see your photos.

Think I'm ACU again...you ladies have been busy!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

• scrapperbee Said:

Checking out the Moxxie. I just ordered some on by sb.com order, but, of course, not these new ones. My fave is the rich fall colors collection.

That is my favorite too, it is gorgeous in person. Great for pumpkin patch, fall festivals, even Thanksgiving. Really great general "fall theme" stuff...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to byondbzr

Our house wasn't close to the prison, but we were across the street - you could throw a rock to the nearest WalMart and it seems that where they were going when they escaped. The area was surrounded by woods and Walmart was in the middle of the field and then across the street was my house. In the winter when the leaves fell from the trees we could see the side of Walmart out our side window. Don't know why escapees tried to go to WalMart but for some reason, they did.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

You have to wonder what's wrong with some people. DS was in a concert last night and this parent came in late, sat behind me and proceded to whisper loudly with her friend. I turned around and shushed at them. Just because their childred weren't performing they thought it was ok.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Here is my latest:

Awards Day By Lcmemories

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Acu!

julie101
Diva
julie101

Guess By Julie101

Another 2 pages done

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

• Henri Jean Said:
Our house wasn't close to the prison, but we were across the street - you could throw a rock to the nearest WalMart and it seems that where they were going when they escaped. The area was surrounded by woods and Walmart was in the middle of the field and then across the street was my house. In the winter when the leaves fell from the trees we could see the side of Walmart out our side window. Don't know why escapees tried to go to WalMart but for some reason, they did.

Good place to steal clothes and such to change appearance and blend in with crowds!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Claggy

another layout remembering my baby as a baby. Oh, how the years have past! I love that I scrapbook so I have a place to store these sweet words.
my Precious One By AllAmy

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to AllAmy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRI JEAN!!!

LOTO, unfortunately now my eyes won't stay open. I will be back later to get ACU.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Bubblegirl

MMS

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

How sweet of you to remember! I didn't remember until Bill reminded me last night. I told him, "Tomorrow? Really - your've kidding - already? It hasn't been a year!"

He said Joe and I wanted to get you scrapbooking stuff and didn't know what to get you.

I told him not to worry (I buy any scrapbooking stuff I want) so they are taking me out to dinner.

Going to lunch with a girlfriend but she has no idea its my birthday. May I will tell her, maybe not. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable like she should have known.

Yesterday Bill was at the neighbors throwing a ball for their dog. The dog jumped and Bills hand made contact with its mouth. He has a very very deep cut about 4" long on his right hand middle finger.

I found pain killer the doctor gave us for something else and Bill took them a couple times during the night. He has really been hurting. He's going to the doctor in a little while for a tetanus shot and I have a feeling they will send him to the hospital for stitches. He needs stitches - I haven't seen it, wasn't home when it happened.

He and Joe and the neighbor got the bleeding to stop and got it bandaged up. Never does he complain that something hurts but so when he says it is really hurting, burning and throbbing I take him seriously.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Happy birthday Henri Jean!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to LesleyC

Hello ladies! Hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend...mine was crazy busy. On the go with friends a bunch and hanging out with family too. Thankfully I have Mondays off so I can relax and recoup.

Behind on loving but hoping to catch up today. Also dropping off some new layouts to share. Lots of wedding stuff here...getting closer!

This layout is a scraplift of SaraS' layout "Jump". Thanks for the inspiration friend! :) Eat. Drink. Be Married. By Godschild94

Dancing the Night Away By Godschild94

Remember This By Godschild94

Celebrate Today By Godschild94

Coloring Easter Eggs By Godschild94

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Thank you - its been a strange birthday so far.

Yesterday Bill was playing with a neighbors dog - when he threw his arm back to pitch a ball for it to chase the dog jumped up with his mouth open and Bill caught his middle right finger across the dogs teeth.

He has a gash about 4" long and very very deep. With all the burning pain he may have some nerve damage - its that deep.

He took Ibuprofen and Moutrin yesterday and it didn't help much. At 1AM I found some Oxycodon from when I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago and gave that to him and he was able to sleep. Gave him another pain killer at 6AM.

He hasn't had one since then, although he could have at 10AM. He and Joe have gone to the doctor's office to get a tetanus shot - he hasn't had one since he went to Iraq with Blackwater 10 years ago.

It should have had stitches on the gash but I guess its a guy thing. Bill said he would be fine. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the doctor sends him to the emergency room but Joe iw with him.

Going to lunch in a few minutes with a girlfrieind.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

GRANNY - THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO ME! 1 By Henri Jean

GRANNY - THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO ME! 2 By Henri Jean

GRANNY - THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO ME! 3 By Henri Jean

GRANNY - THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO ME! 2 & 3 By Henri Jean

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Hi ladies jci,

Happy Birthday Henri Hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend. I'm a July baby too my B-day is Thursday. Hope your hubby's hand is okay, that sounds painful.

Off to my open tabs to get ACU

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Tena E.

Thanks Tena! Birthday has been great so far. We went to Ruby Tuesday's and I had the lobster macaroni & Cheese and they put a lot of lobster in it today! Also shrimp dip and peach tea. I'm stuffed.

Tonight Bill and Joe are taking me out to dinner. Just what I need - more food! I have about 3 hours to get hungry again.

I will have to remember your birthday on Thursday!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Bill got a tetanus shot this morning. The doctor took the bandages off and checked it and redressed it. Said it needs stitches but Bill likes to be a tough guy and didn't go to the hospital. Joe went with him to the doctor's office and went in the room with him. He said none of them seemed that upset about it - he's fine, will just take a while to heal.

Came home to find long stemmed roses on the kitchen table in a vase for me and then in myh office a big picture book on King Tut and his treasures. He knows I love Egyptian history and anything about King Tut.

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.

Henri, such a sweet hubby...tell him to take care of his hand, hope it heals quickly without getting infected. Enjoy the rest of your day!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
What cutter do you all have?

I have the Fiskars Rotary Cutter, and I'm not a fan. I've had it for over a year; perhaps I bought an older model?

Fiskars Rotary Cutter By LesleyC

The numbers on the orange arm are engraved, rather than printed, so it's hard to read the numbers.

The ruler gaps between the cutter platform and the arm -- which is somewhere between the 3.5" and the 3.75" mark! So you can't get an exact cut if you're making anything that size.

The arm doesn't stay tight on the cutter. It also doesn't hold straight, so when trying to line things up against the guides, it's hard to get a straight line.

Any recommendations for something better? I've suffered through this thing for long enough, and I think it's time to upgrade. (Sadly, this *was* my upgrade.)

I actually use 2 trimmers. The 12 inch premium cut-line portable trimmer is the one I use primarily for paper. It cuts really well and has held up well. I really love the wide cutting surface and the wire guide. I recommend using the Titanium blades with it...they last 3x longer. The ProCision Trimmer is an amazing trimmer! I got it free from Archiver's when we closed but I was going to buy it after using it at work. It cuts like butter and is self sharpening. The only drawbacks are that if you need to cut something smaller than 3/4 inch you have to do math to cut it because those measurements are not there. The other reason I don't only use this one is that it is kinda bulky and I don't have a place to leave it out.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Happy Birthday, Henri!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Acu, I think...

Happy birthday, Henri! Lobster Mac and cheese. Say no more...

Thanks for the trimmer reco's. I wish everyone came to consensus, lol.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to LesleyC

ACU!!!

Sharing:

Prom By Bubblegirl

Don't Let the Bow Fool You By Bubblegirl

9 Months By Bubblegirl

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I think I am acu as well.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

MMS. Tabs open!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Morning, trying to c/u..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to byondbzr

Birthday is over. I was still so stuffed I took a raincheck for birthday dinner with Bill and Joe. Maybe tonight.

Here is the newest complete layout (have about 40 or 50 in various stages of completion).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

SWEET HOME ALABAMA By Henri Jean

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

• mindyradio Said:

My oldest son (who is 8 now) never had a terrible 2 or 3. He hit a small spell at 4 where he had some attitude but it didn't last long. However, we are getting some attitude now that's he's 8. There were some not so good boys in his 2nd grade class and he started acting like them. His teacher had originally put him beside them to hopefully be a good influence on them. Unfortunately it back fired and went the other direction.

My 3 year oldson. He's been full of it since he hit 18mos and he's still going strong. I believe he is making up for the lack of attitude I had to deal with with his brother. But darn, he is so cute and charming too. He knows when to turn on the charm already. I am in so much trouble when this one gets older....LOL

This is one of the many reasons I never had a second child LOL -- Cassie behaved perfectly 99% of the time, and I KNEW I could not possibly ever be that lucky again. Haha

• autumngold Said:
You have to wonder what's wrong with some people. DS was in a concert last night and this parent came in late, sat behind me and proceded to whisper loudly with her friend. I turned around and shushed at them. Just because their childred weren't performing they thought it was ok.

Good for you, Deb. That is one of my hugest pet peeves. So many people don't know how to behave in public, it's mind boggling.

I have never used a rotary trimmer - should I be?? I have the same triple track trimmer as Janeen, but I don't love it. I think the wire makes it harder to tell where it's going to actually cut. However, I do like how wide it is versus the my older Fiskars trimmer.

Happy belated birthday, Henri!

I'm not cu, but I'm down to only about 30 tabs so I'm getting there.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to dancinirish90

Going to Colorado tomorrow to see my niece and newphew!

Hugs By AuntyT

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to AuntyT

jci

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

catching up and sharing my work
Celebrate 6 1/2 By AllAmy

4 year old funnies By AllAmy

Beach Boardwalk - RODES- GAMES- FUN By AllAmy

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to AllAmy

MMS again.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

LisaL, you know they say if you would have had your second child first you never would have had another. Some days, that is true. But then other days he is just so charming. I can't really complain too much. He does favor me in many ways, including his temperament. At least I didn't have 2 of him at the same time like my Mom did. Trust me, she reminded me of that more than once too.....

NVyankee
Queen
NVyankee

Hi ladies -- sorry I haven't really jumped in this month. Jet lag is kicking my sorry butt. Came home and was immediately swamped by the dog world. and the kid world. Picked Brendan up at the airport last night. He looked like a homeless man when he came off the plane -- he had a great time. Already thinking about next year.

Everyone has been doing some incredible lo's.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to NVyankee

Sharing:

Journee 8 months By Bubblegirl

Make Believe By Bubblegirl

Tinky By Bubblegirl

raining
Governor
raining

Dropping one off ladies.
College Bound ** Scraps of Darkness & CSI 79 ** By Raining

Tena E.
Angel
Tena E.
In response to raining

Lisa, I totally agree with you. That's why Anitra is an only child...I got it right the first time, didn't want to push my luck and Mindy, the Gods smiled on me with mercy, she wasn't anything like me as a child but she is more like me in so many ways as an adult. But that's a good thing.

ACU again!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Tena E.

I have some tabs open, but will catch up tonight or tomorrow. So...acu!
Our Fourth was pretty laid back--Melissa came up with her boys and the kids romped wildly and we ate too much. We watched the big fireworks show; we're lucky to have a huge, awesome show nearby.
Holy moly to the prison break stories--craziness!! The closest I've come to any of that was a few months ago when the bank next to where I work got robbed, and I wasn't even at work that day!
I went to see Matchbox 20 with a couple of girlfriends last weekend. Goo Goo Dolls opened. It was pretty awesome; I love them as much as I did when they first came out (can you believe they were MID NINETIES?? I am feeling so old lately!)
Lesley, I have a Fiskars trimmer, too. I love it. This is the third or fourth I've had, and I definitely like it best. I'll have it at the retreat next week, you're welcome to test drive it. http://store.scrapbook.com/f-01-005447.html (sorry, I can't remember how to embed the product!)
This summer has definitely been the busiest I can remember. I've been busier at work, the kids are busy, plus I've been taking fitness classes and trying to do better at getting out and getting together with friends. I tend to try to stay home, but then I get bored and a little blue because of it, so I have to push myself sometimes.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Pookahbot

One to drop off

Joy to the World By Pookahbot

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Pookahbot

Acu!! Beautiful work ladies!

Genie-I'm anxious to try out that trimmer, but $63??? It better cook me breakfast, too, for that!

We are one and done with Nina, too, but for different reasons. Recently people have asked me when #2 is coming. I'm like, dude, I'm almost 42.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to LesleyC

some girl layouts from me.
Sarah's Vineyard By AllAmy

Girls' Night Out By AllAmy

PSS wine tasting By AllAmy

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics