Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: July VLB- Summer Is In Full Swing!        (Topic#1589073)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AllAmy

Fishing in Alabama - 1 By Henri Jean

Fishing in Alabama - 2 By Henri Jean

Fishing in Alabama - 3 By Henri Jean

Fishing in Alabama - 2 & 3 By Henri Jean

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to AllAmy

Happy belated, Henri!! enjoy your raincheck LOL)

Tena, Happy Birthday to you today))

Edited by OlesyaK. on 07-11-13 06:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Acu!! Beautiful work ladies!

We are one and done with Nina, too, but for different reasons. Recently people have asked me when #2 is coming. I'm like, dude, I'm almost 42.

in my humble opinion, this shouldn't stop you if you want ))
I know a woman who was 46 and had two older daughters (16 and 18 or something, one still in HS another in college), when she got pregnant - accidentally - with the third one - a boy this time. They were so energized by the little guy, running around, hanging out with the younger parents, avoiding the empty-nest feeling when the girls both moved out, and - as a bonus - the older girls got some baby interaction and an extra reason to practice birth control ))

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to godschild94

• godschild94 Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
What cutter do you all have?

I have the Fiskars Rotary Cutter, and I'm not a fan. I've had it for over a year; perhaps I bought an older model?

The numbers on the orange arm are engraved, rather than printed, so it's hard to read the numbers.

The ruler gaps between the cutter platform and the arm -- which is somewhere between the 3.5" and the 3.75" mark! So you can't get an exact cut if you're making anything that size.

The arm doesn't stay tight on the cutter. It also doesn't hold straight, so when trying to line things up against the guides, it's hard to get a straight line.

Any recommendations for something better? I've suffered through this thing for long enough, and I think it's time to upgrade. (Sadly, this *was* my upgrade.)

I actually use 2 trimmers. The 12 inch premium cut-line portable trimmer is the one I use primarily for paper. It cuts really well and has held up well. I really love the wide cutting surface and the wire guide. I recommend using the Titanium blades with it...they last 3x longer. The ProCision Trimmer is an amazing trimmer! I got it free from Archiver's when we closed but I was going to buy it after using it at work. It cuts like butter and is self sharpening. The only drawbacks are that if you need to cut something smaller than 3/4 inch you have to do math to cut it because those measurements are not there. The other reason I don't only use this one is that it is kinda bulky and I don't have a place to leave it out.

I have two fiskars trimmers too - one folding 12*12 with large rotary blade, another small guillotine one. and one for the crops, but that doesn't count. The guillotine is awesome for the photos - perfect cut every time! it's 5*7 and very portable, perfect for 1/8" or even smaller cuts, when you just need to off a little. but I would NOT buy a 12" guillotine since it has to cut from the top to bottom every time, and sometimes you need to make a center cut.
The large folding 12*12 reminds me of all the other issues both of you have - the small cuts are no-can-do (can't line up at the top), the paper sometimes shifts and the cut goes off the line, the center of the trimmer lacks support so it dips when you press too hard - but if you don't press it doesn't cut. Love the light feature and the fact you can see exactly where the cut would go (assuming the paper won't shift LOL). and I regret that it is not just a half inch taller, so I could slide the paper with the cut off strip intact, it doesn't quite fit.
anyway... good luck!

Edited by OlesyaK. on 07-11-13 06:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to OlesyaK.

dropping off..
Oh snap By OlesyaK.
A star By OlesyaK.
His Royal Highness By OlesyaK.
Water Park By OlesyaK.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to OlesyaK.

jci & getting ACU

Olesya, thanks for the B-day wishes!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Tena E.

I have had tons of time to scrap lately!!
be Merry- William Sledding By AllAmy

snowflakes By AllAmy

Snow 2010 By AllAmy

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
  • LesleyC Said:
Acu!! Beautiful work ladies!

We are one and done with Nina, too, but for different reasons. Recently people have asked me when #2 is coming. I'm like, dude, I'm almost 42.

in my humble opinion, this shouldn't stop you if you want ))
I know a woman who was 46 and had two older daughters (16 and 18 or something, one still in HS another in college), when she got pregnant - accidentally - with the third one - a boy this time. They were so energized by the little guy, running around, hanging out with the younger parents, avoiding the empty-nest feeling when the girls both moved out, and - as a bonus - the older girls got some baby interaction and an extra reason to practice birth control ))

Yeah. But I don't want another one. A baby at 42 isn't as daunting as an 18 year old at 60. I know it can be done, I'm just not interested. We had our window of opportunity and it didn't happen so I consider myself perfectly blessed with Nina.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to AllAmy

ACU!

Going to DC for the weekend, so probably won't be checking in until Monday.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to scrapperbee

ACU!

Leaving for DC in the morning. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to MeliMedina

Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop in and let y'all know I'm still alive!!! I've turned my hobby into a business, and am working on selling cards and layouts, scrapbook albums, etc, and I'm working on my first order- a scrapbook! Eeek! So, you won't see anything from me for a while, but I'll try to drop in every now and then and make sure everyone's still behaving!

If you'd like to keep up with me, you can find me on Facebook- Kyle-Alison Krogsgaard, or my group page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Everyday-Sc rapbooker... At least there, you'll see a bit of what I'm working on!

Take care, love ya'll!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Twinlets Mama

Got LOTO. Cripes, you girls are killing me.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to AllAmy

Checking in and going to try to catch up. I will be in the mountains with my bf and her family for the next several days. They are driving here from Nebraska today and I have a ton to get done including 100 tags for a football fundraising auction that need to be done today and labels for wine bottle table decorations that I am having a super hard time with sizing and figuring out how to make it work and be somewhat cute. I don't know. That one isn't working for me yet.

My first is such a rule follower and was so easy (notice was, the teenage it's all about me attitude has made him a bit more difficult). My second is carefree, outside the box, never know what I'm thinking, rule breaker... but at the time he is the most empathetic and loving kid. Drives me nuts one minute and then melts my heart the next.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to lpeeps

Happy Friday!

Bev, hope you have a great time in DC, travel safe!

Ali, congrats on turning your hobby into a business...good luck with your first order.

Lisa, have fun visiting with your friend, I'm sure you've missed each other since moving.

Off to get ACU

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to lpeeps

• lpeeps Said:

My first is such a rule follower and was so easy (notice was, the teenage it's all about me attitude has made him a bit more difficult). My second is carefree, outside the box, never know what I'm thinking, rule breaker... but at the time he is the most empathetic and loving kid. Drives me nuts one minute and then melts my heart the next.

Are you talking about my 2 boys? It's like you know them. Sounds a bit like the dynamics of Mindy's boys too.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

Dandelion By AllAmy

mini me By AllAmy

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to AllAmy

Ahh! LOTO!

This month is killing me. KILLING ME. I didn't think that my second class would make time seem to crunch like it does, what with no homework really, but with class twice a week and 3 chapters of reading a week and a quiz every other class, it is turning out to be a real time sucker, indeed.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Cousins - Settlers of Catan 1 By Henri Jean

Cousins - Settlers of Catan 2 By Henri Jean

Cousins - Settlers of Catan both sides By Henri Jean

raining
Governor
raining
In response to Henri Jean

Shine **Scraps of Darkness*** By Raining

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to raining

MMS

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TENA!!!! Hope you have a great day celebrating!

Congratulations Twinlets Mom on the crafty business. I know that is a dream of a lot of crafters - to earn money doing what you love!

Have fun in DC scraperbee - That is on my bucket list. Haven't been in 45 years and I really want to go back - this time with a camera!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Happy Saturday!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Mini-bomb, lol.....

Don't Mess With The Pink Haired Girls By Byondbzr

The Good Ole USA **Moxxie** By Byondbzr

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to byondbzr

Happy weekend ladies! Spending my afternoon catching up on layout love and hopefully scrapping. I have had the same layout on my desk since July 3rd and it still looks like it did then! Life is crazy busy but oh so good. Our city's annual Three Rivers Festival is this week and so my friends and I went downtown to celebrate the kickoff with a Chalk Walk and the parade. My little camera broke because I dropped it but luckily the camera on my iPhone is fabulous so I wasn't without a camera.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Got a page done today...

Red Hair Makes Me Happy **Moxxie** By Byondbzr

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to byondbzr

SuperKid By AllAmy

BRO By AllAmy

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:
  • lpeeps Said:

Are you talking about my 2 boys? It's like you know them. Sounds a bit like the dynamics of Mindy's boys too.

Exactly my guys to a tee.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to mindyradio

Amy, you weren't lying about being a scrapping machine lately. I can't wait to see how many you get done at our crop next weekend. I remember all yours LOs covered a whole table last year. I'm jealous.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Denvia's Lasagna By Henri Jean

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

Hi everyone,

I changed gears on the project I was working on and am now working on DS's 8th grade scrapbook. It's going very slowly. Most of my pages are going to be pocket pages so I can save the best of his school work. DS was getting ready to throw everything away, but I stopped him in time.

Here's my latest:

Iceland - Geysir By Autumngold

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:
  • lpeeps Said:

And sounds like my two girls--and it doesn't change when they are adults and have their own families.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

• mindyradio Said:
Amy, you weren't lying about being a scrapping machine lately. I can't wait to see how many you get done at our crop next weekend. I remember all yours LOs covered a whole table last year. I'm jealous.

Hoping I still have mojo next weekend with all the pages I've been turning out. Happily I feel like I'm making both a huge dent in my stash AND catching up. Trying to get all of 2010 done now into 2011! On that note...

Monterey Divas By AllAmy

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to AllAmy

Jci and getting caught up. Been busy getting my DT work out the way for the month so I can concentrate on packing for our crop next week.

Off to my open tabs

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to Tena E.

LOTO!

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to raining

Dropping one off.

Journee 2012 By Bubblegirl

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

LOTO.

Happy Belated Birthday, Tena.

I got it right the first time, had another completely different than the first, so I had the third just to make sure. I really believe if #2 had been born first, there would not have been anymore. Whew!

raining
Governor
raining
In response to Bubblegirl

Joy ***Scraps of Elegance** By Raining

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to raining

LOTO.

Packing up my stuff! I'm kind of excited... in just a few days, I'll be scrapping with some of my favorite people in the world!

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

ACU.

Kicking myself because I didn't keep up with the crop info. Next year, I am there!!! So, I guess I can spend my trip money on scrapping supplies.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Am home, with a house that needs cleaning, a yard that needs weeding, and no motivation at all. So here I am at the computer. It's always a low day when dgs is gone.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Mom - 1 By Henri Jean

Mom 2 By Henri Jean

Mom 3 By Henri Jean

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

Back from Colorado! I think I may be acu!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to AuntyT

Have 2 to share, these will be it until after our crop this week...need to finish packing.

Birds of a feather By Tena E.

read By Tena E.

Off to get ACU!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Tena E.

ACU

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio

• Bubblegirl Said:
ACU.

Kicking myself because I didn't keep up with the crop info. Next year, I am there!!! So, I guess I can spend my trip money on scrapping supplies.

Start saving now. I miss you.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Acu (at 4am)... Can't wait til Thursday! I'm probably going to photograph pics of my pages at the crop rather than do it at home...

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Wait, one more thing.Janine, you totally turned me on to KB's templates! I bought two sets and have put together several page kits with them. I also googled how to make a clipping mask in PSE. Boy is that easy and addictive. I need a basic class, but your pages are what inspired me!

Edited by LesleyC on 07-16-13 01:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

I am ACU!!!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Uploaded a couple this morning!

* FLAMINGO SCRAPS * December Daily By MelissaW

* LCOM28 * P-A-D By MelissaW

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

I"m soooooooooo envious of all of you gals who's going to the crop together!!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

and since I went to all this trouble to upload a pregnancy album for someone asking in the other forum, I might as well share it here too!
9 months mini album By OlesyaK.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to OlesyaK.

acu

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Crossbow By Henri Jean

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Acu again!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to LesleyC

Just dropping by to say hi to everyone!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack

heres 1 for me. week 1.

happy 4th By YourScrapAttack

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to YourScrapAttack

Here's my latest:

Outer Banks By Autumngold

raining
Governor
raining
In response to autumngold

A Moment In Time **Scraps of Elegance** By Raining

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to raining

Morning ladies, LOTO.

Going shopping today for the weekend crop, still have to pack, uugh!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

I haven't scrapped since the 1st! I better get something accomplished out of all these kits I've made the last couple weeks - I'm going to be so annoyed with myself if I only turn out 4 LO's in 3 days.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to dancinirish90

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

I am ACU!

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to raining

Dropping Off:

The Brat Bo By Bubblegirl

Grandparents By Bubblegirl

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl

I am NOT a pioneer. The county that I live in had to shut down the water due to a water mane that is in about to fail. So, during a heat wave, I have no running water!!! My bathtub is full of water, couple of cases of bottled water and 3 - 5 gallon jugs of water. Thankfully, I have family close enough that I can shower. Oh, that means no cooking, but it also means I have to travel to get food as the local restaurants are shut down. Oh, did I mention, this shut down will last until Saturday/Sunday.

I feel better now.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

That's crazy, Kena! I'd go stay in a hotel and take a mini vacation!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

I saw on the news that some areas around DC have no water--I assume that's you. I was up there last weekend so just missed it.

Hope you fare ok. It's hard to imagine. Here in NE TN we're still about 13" ahead of water this year.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.

Hi ladies jci, I know I have lots to catch up on but been busy getting ready for the crop this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow. So will get ACU this weekend.

Kena, I'll miss you again this year but do expect to see you there next year along with Bev & Anna. That's awful about no water in this heat. Glad you have family close by...I know it's not the same but every little bit helps.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

doo:

Road Trip By AuntyT

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AuntyT

Pumpkin Patch By Henri Jean

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

OK, so I have 20 pages planned for the upcoming crop, an altered project, and a quilt. I wonder just how much of this I will get done!

I'll be checking in throughout the weekend (probably), though I won't be posting pages until I get home!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Can't wait to see your new pages! Have fun at the crop!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Spent at least four hours today organizing pictures on my new computer. Hopefully will get finished and be able to order pics on Snapfish by the weekend.

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

jci - trying to stay cu before I leave. I'm almost packed - scrappy stuff is anyway, but I still have to do my clothes bag in the morning.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Kena, that just sucks!! That's Gonna be one stinky county after a couple of days.

Mel-you can do it!!

I made enough kits for 46 pages, which includes 2-pagers. Goal is half of that, then I'll save the rest for future crops. (Dancinirish and I crop about once a month.) I can normally churn out anywhere from 3-6 pages at a night crop, so i have high hopes for myself. Some of my pages are more involved than others. I overhauled my scraproom last wkd so it gave me a chance to stash dive. Some papers that I never give a second thought (think the red tag stuff at Marshalls!) will finally get used.

And I am all caught up!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to LesleyC

I'm so antsy! It's like Christmas Eve won't go away since yesterday. LOL.

I'm going to spend the morning doing my reading for today's class and hopefully that will make time go by faster!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That is what I do too Lesley - I get page kits together before a crop. How far along are your pages when you pack them to take? I get most of the trimming and matting done but not always. Then at the crop I finish trimming, I ink edges and do all the gluing. I also put the letters down. All journaling is prepared in advance (I do all that on the computer) and I play with it on paper and draw a 10 second sketch of what I had in mind because if I don't I will get to the crop with no idea what I wanted to do with all the pieces! Once in a while I snap a picture of the layout so I can remember what I was going to do.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

have fun at the crop, ladies!!!

Kena - hang in there!!! did you at least get time off work for the lack of amenities? that would be a bright side for sure)

dropping off a few
Shhh it's a secret By OlesyaK.
About a boy By OlesyaK.
You & Me By OlesyaK.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Wait, one more thing.Janine, you totally turned me on to KB's templates! I bought two sets and have put together several page kits with them. I also googled how to make a clipping mask in PSE. Boy is that easy and addictive. I need a basic class, but your pages are what inspired me!

They are so amazing. And they make scrapping multiple photos a breeze. Glad you found em and love em!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Peeking in, may not be able to again until after the crop this weekend..

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to byondbzr

Dropping off 4 cards

Happy Birthday By Julie101

Best Wishes By Julie101

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to julie101

Well, last night I organized pics, tonight I edited them, and tomorrow hope to order them. Then I can get back to my scrapping.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold

I need an east coast crop to go to!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Start of a New Adventure By Henri Jean

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Hello all. Hope you have all had a great week.

Checking in from work. Thank goodness for kid nap time because without it I would not be caught up on love. Love getting paid to hang out online.

Those of you who are heading to the crop, jealous. I have so much I want to work on and my scrappy time has basically disappeared. My own fault because I have been hanging out with this really awesome guy named Aaron in most of my free time. Nothing serious but there is potential...he is talking me out to test drive some new cars tomorrow because mine is nearing the end of its life. It should be an awesome time!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Niagara Falls Title Page By Henri Jean

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to julie101

DOO:

Ah Bliss By AuntyT

Up and Away By AuntyT

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to AuntyT

Sorry I have been MIA. Lots of stuff happening this month, and I am just now getting back here. Going back to catch up on love.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• Henri Jean Said:
That is what I do too Lesley - I get page kits together before a crop. How far along are your pages when you pack them to take? I get most of the trimming and matting done but not always. Then at the crop I finish trimming, I ink edges and do all the gluing. I also put the letters down. All journaling is prepared in advance (I do all that on the computer) and I play with it on paper and draw a 10 second sketch of what I had in mind because if I don't I will get to the crop with no idea what I wanted to do with all the pieces! Once in a while I snap a picture of the layout so I can remember what I was going to do.

My kits are generally just pics, papers and a sketch. Sometimes embellies, too. If I'm not taking the cameo, I sometimes pre-cut stuff. I'm cursing myself for not packing more alphas. I've had to cut almost every title which is fine, but slows down the process.

I think I'm at 10 LOs now, 2 of which are 2-pagers.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to LesleyC

For those of you who use paint on your pages, what type of paint do you use and how do you keep your pages from warping? I've been using the cheap acrylic paints in bottles from M's, but I think I need to invest in a better quality paint.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

All this talk of page kits--I just can't comprehend. I choose what pic I'm in the mood to scrap, sometimes find a sketch on sb.com, find paper that matches, play around with a design, decide on journaling as it fits the design, look for embellies, ink/paint if I am. Then when it's all in place, I attach everything down. So, it sounds like you all are doing everything but the last two steps? For me the planning and placing are the time consuming and the fun.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

• scrapperbee Said:
All this talk of page kits--I just can't comprehend. I choose what pic I'm in the mood to scrap, sometimes find a sketch on sb.com, find paper that matches, play around with a design, decide on journaling as it fits the design, look for embellies, ink/paint if I am. Then when it's all in place, I attach everything down. So, it sounds like you all are doing everything but the last two steps? For me the planning and placing are the time consuming and the fun.

That's how I scrap too, which is why some pages take forever or just never happen, yikes still need to get last year's trip to colorado done!

Deb...I just use acrylic paint and there is so many colors, I decided gesso is too expensive to use as much as I do white paint.

Edited by AuntyT on 07-20-13 06:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to AuntyT

Deb, I rarely paint, but when i do, i use the cheap craft store stuff. I just tap it on, or if there's a little more, I'll use a heat gun on the page. I think it's less about the quality of paint and more about the quality of the paper and/or how thick you're putting on the paint.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to LesleyC

Played with ink on this one:

Canary Island Flowers By Autumngold

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You are right Scrapperbee - I want to have as much as possible done before the crop - want to minimize what I take so I don't take my Cricut although sometimes I take my Slice. I don't take my Big Shot - if I'm going to use it I do that in advance.

At the crop I visit and eat and trim a few things, ink edge and attach everything to pages. If something is to be assembled, like flowers, I take all the pieces. I have quite a few things for the next crop and my letters are already cut out so I can arrange and glue.

I agree - the fun part it the planning and picking and all the early stuff. But I have to really focus and concentrate when I'm going that and I don't want to concentrate and focus at crops. Nor do I want to take more stuff than I am actually going to need.

So just finishing the layouts lets me enjoy the crops and still get plenty of pages done and still saves me a lot of time at home too because I can save the last 20-30 minutes or more of each layout and go on to the next one at home.

Some of the ladies go to the crop with everything out of their scraproom I think. I watched on woman assemble a 5' set of shelving behind her space so she could put all her supplies on it.

I don't even lug punches to crops - I use them before I go.

I just take my little red wagon and it is always packed with everything I could possibly use at the crop.

Another benefit - so many crops are in the scrapbook stores and I never have to purchase things as I go along, I know what I need so I have it with me. Also, when we are at a retreat in a hotel I don't have to make runs to get things like so many other ladies have to do. If I need it, it is with me.

Since colors are already matched and sorted I don't even need my ott light - it stays home.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I agree about the alphas Leslie - I have a 12 x 12 artbin full which I used to take to crops but now I find the alpha stickers I want to use and make sure I have enough letters for the words or phrase and place those sheets in the file with the other elements for the page.

I've done several recently where I cut the letters with my Slice and they are in an envelope in the file with the other elements for that layout.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Next question--Ott light. I scrap at my dining room table, use the dining room chandelier. So all you Ott light users--what's so special?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I will be real honest - I'm not impressed with mine. It puts a bluish hue over everything - my opinion. A lot of the ladies take them to the crops but not me. I do use it at home just to have more light but as far as matching colors with it - I do use it and maybe it is good for matching colors but when I walk into my scraproom - everything looks like it has a blue tint. When I drive by my house and the ott lights are on - the room looks like it is glowing slightly blue. I really don't get the excitement over ott lights.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

It's more like natural sunlight. It's bright and doesn't cast that yellowish tinge that fluorescent light does. (maybe that's what Henri means by 'bluish hue'?)

I do the kits so I can just bring the pieces I need. I have seen a woman at Archivers bring in a flatbed...that's a six hour crop; what on earth would she need all of that for?

raining
Governor
raining
In response to LesleyC

Live ** Scraps of Darkness ** By Raining

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to raining

I had lots of tabs open yesterday and everything locked up, so I am having to start over. I hope to finish a page or two today.

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics