Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: July Photo Fun        (Topic#1589095)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO JULY 2013 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
3. Select Image Type.
4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it.
5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING"
6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery.

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
2. To the right of your photo and around the bottom part of your image you will see SHARE. Click the Link & Embed Image.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse.
5. TaDa!!! You did it!

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.

**End of Month photo contest entry deadline: July 29th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 29th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

JULY Minis:

1 - A
2 - L
3 - L
4 - A
5 - B
6 - O
7 - U
8 - T
9 - M
10 - E

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Thanks Lori.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to rockmom

Hi Lori and Denise!!!!!

Lori, your monthly challenge reminds me of how quickly time seems to go by....I need take inventory if I am doing enough each month with my life. Hmmmmm, in a very pensive mood. Alone tonight after a wonderful evening last night with my sons and family and friends.

Oh, btw, I'm in!!!!

Oh, just saw the minis....very interesting!!!!

Edited by Linnny on 06-29-13 04:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Glad to see you both!

Linda....This challenge does not lie about time flying by!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

I"m in!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Right on Krista!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

I'm back for July too!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Anna C

I'm in!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Heather4859

Morning!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

good day!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

I am baaaaaaaaaacccccccckkkkkk k!
Love the Minis!
Need to get off of here and work on cutting up and putting up my veggies.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JFF.....

Fishers Freedom Day Parade By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

What's everyone up too?

We just played Uno...yes, I kicked booty!

Been raining on and off all afternoon.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Over did it yesterday so I am just vegging out and watching tv today. At least all the wallpaper has been removed from our entry hall. Next to decide on paint color.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

JCI

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Another JFF....

June P12 By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Got to play around in PSE tonight. Thought this was fun. JFF

Lexie By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Nighty-O!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

night

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to KristaDee

Morning!

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Anna C

Would definitely love to join your group but I have to admit that I feel a bit intimidated. My skills are, let's say, unrefined (I'm a newbie) and the photos in this group are so beautifully shot and edited.

Also, in the minis, do you mean that all 10 just have to be about me?

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to klweist

Good Morning!

Holy cats what happened to June? I hope everyone is well. I didn't get caught up with the June thread so I have no idea what any of you all were up to last week. I'm just ridiculously busy between obligations.

Kelly you can submit ten photos and the ten minis but no one is counting. I usually submit some of each and rarely 10 of either. Don't be intimidated I'm still trying to get my DSLR out of auto.

Lori I love Uno! I'm such a jerk when I play that game. I don't know what it is that brings it out in me.

Have a great day everyone!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to klweist

Kelly, the minis are just for fun and it is your interpretation of the mini. They're there to inspire your creativity so have fun with them.

We look forward to seeing your photos here.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Anna C

Good morning.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Morning!

Kelly....Both Anna & Missa are leading you in the right direction.

The mini's for this month...Do them any way you choose. You my use the letter to photograph a subject that starts with say "E" for example. It could be of your morning breakfast because you love an egg so well, or maybe a pair of earrings you wear always. It could be an earthworm you found while out enjoying your yard. If your name was Erin....it could be a self pic. You interpret what the mini's mean to you and how they inspire you. Believe me.....we stretch the meanings lots of times to make them fit (because I usually post lame ones). Of course they are optional, you don't have to fool with them at all. Just there for extra fun & inspiration.

Also....most of my photos are less than glorious. I delete more than I save. It's all about fun and getting to know your camera. It's a great way to play with settings and get your camera off of auto.

There is absolutely no stress here. I don't think there is anyone that has ever felt pressured. NO STRESS is our thing. You may be doing great most of the month and fall off the face of the earth (like Missa ) and that's OK. Life is busy. Most of us always show back up to pick up and start again. We wont yell at you for anything, I promise!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off today. I finally printed (and actually looked at it) an entry form for the State Fair. Want to enter a photo or two. Uh, the deadline is today to be postmarked. I only have the entry form and do not understand what to do. Gotta find the handbook online to see what to do. The entry form is less than informative.

So, if you don't see me much today.....you know I'm zooming around to get my photo printed and entered on time.

I've not sent out June goodies yet for the winners....I'll get on that ASAP.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning! Kelly, everyone is right! When I first joined I was scared spitless because everyone else already seemed to know each other and to take such awesome photos. I am like Lori in that I may take 100 photos before I have even 1 that I think is decent.
I often "fall off the face of the earth" and not finish. Inface the last 2 months I have failed to finish sharing 10 photos. Life happens and that is ok! Just take a deep breath and relax. Have fun, right ladies?!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Lori I hope you figure out the rules and such and get your photos post marked for today.

Here's my first photo.

July mini T By MissaOnTheRun

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Kelly, not to worry. This is one sweet bunch of ladies. I am a newbie too but thanks to youtube I have been watching tons of how to videos, I am slowly learning some things. Just jump right in and use your camera.

Lori, wow, that is exciting, hope you figure it all out.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to rockmom

hi dearies!

Lori, get those pics entered into state fair!!!!

here's my first for the month
pod 1 - orchids By Linnny

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

ACU
I have trying off and on all to upload a photo to my gallery. It won't load!
Going to go eat some cake! Maybe that will make me feel better!
BBL

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1
In response to 2xblessed

I try it again to making some pix

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to smcdavid1

Good afternoon all! We are off to the Carnival. And then wiener roast with friends, and then fireworks. So looking forward to it. Just saw a crew of kids walking past in Red and White, mabye I should change?! Too bad I have nothing red.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

Happy Canada Day Krista.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Krista....sounds like a fun evening is in store!

Still getting rain on and off here but at least it's not so hot.

My washer man will be here tomorrow. I hope I have my washer back up and running when he leaves.

I did get my entry in the post. I read more detail online and I have to actually take my photos to the fair on a specific date....whew. I have time yet to do that!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Hi all!

Today my little girl is 20! Yikes!

Dropping off a pic

July Photo Fun #1 By Mrs PaulyD

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Happy b-day to your DD Heather.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Have fun Krista!

Here's my first one for the month. The inspiration for this came from a blog that I follow for P365. Even though I did my own version the meaning is still the same....we are half way thru 2013....hard to believe!

July Pod 1 By Anna C

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Anna C

ACU
I have been trying off and on all day to upload a photo and it won't do it. Off to try again! BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI.

I haven't tried to upload anything here today. Might try in a few.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Heather....it's a template. I've had it for a long time and I just adjust the template each time. It was a random freebie.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

I'm turning in for the night. Weigh in early...boy does the week fly by for that!

Night all!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

It was a great day. I'm host to a million new mosquito bites, and have some sort of a rash all over my upper arms... but lots of fun and laughter and lots of food.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Anna C

Wow! Thanks for all the encouragement. I am in and hope to post a photo soon. This will be a great month b/c DD has parades and she'll be showing her rabbits in the fair the last week of July.

I should've had my camera last night. DD had pictures taken for her twirling group. When I parked, I had actually backed into a ditch. Not as traumatic as it sounds (I didn't even know) but DH had to come to my rescue! Would've been a great photo op. A great chance for the letter B - "backed" into a ditch and "bailed" out by hubby. Oh boy!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to klweist

Good Morning!
I don't what is wrong, but I still can't upload a photo! I have tried resizing and everything and it STILL won't load!

Edited by 2xblessed on 07-02-13 04:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

Kelly, I can't begin to count the number of times I have wished I had my camera and didn't! And I am one of "those" who almost always have a camera with me.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Morning everyone!

Weighed in this morning. Not as bad as I expected, only +.5 after all the eating out I did last week.

Can I get your help on choosing my Fair entries? These 4 are in the running and I'm not sure which 2 to choose. I can submit 3 photos. I have chosen one of a Hummingbird already. I want to get my prints ordered online tonight. Also, if anyone has entered photos in a fair before what size do you have printed? I can go 8x10-16x20. Do you mat them also? I need to mount them on photographic mt. board or foamcore board. Guess I can find that at Hobbly Lobby.

JFF....

Potential Fair Entries By Desilu3131

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Carolyn.....I didn't have an issue uploading.

Kelly....glad your DH was there to bail you out!

Waiting patiently on the washer man. Uriah and I are meeting my mama after he's gone, wish he'd hurry up.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Krista....I just popped over to Pinterest. The first pin I saw was using Orajel to stop mosquito itch!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Carolyn, I didn't have any problem uploading last night. But I have had problems in the past.

Lori, #1 and #2 are my favs, but I love them all!
I checked into entering some photos in our local fair. Here, there is an entry fee per photo; each must be framed; and, matting is optional for some. Some categories require matting. I did not enter any of my photos.

Have a great day ladies.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Anna C

Okay...I was playing with Picasa this morning. Makes my list seem less glaring and more romantic. Though, when I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor, the glamour will be gone! LOL

Lomo-ish Chores By Klweist

Oh, I wrote my chore list on the same page I was trying to organize my July challenges.

Edited by klweist on 07-02-13 05:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to klweist

Kate....very helpful info! My 2 choices have changed with that info!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

PERFECT day yesterday with most of our family meeting at a big hotel for lunch. Still riding high from all the hugs and babies and fun. Photos very soon. Going to lunch with friends soon.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Alright, my washer guy left. I'll be looking for a new washer. He's not sure he's getting quality parts. If you are thinking about purchasing Samsung appliances, don't. I'm really considering going to the used appliance store for my washer. He had nothing really good to say about any of the new washer & dryer products, front load or top load. Guess it's just like with anything else....nothing seems to be made with any kind of quality anymore.

Workers are paving my road today. Hope that means they are almost done and will be out of the way for a while.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

well, it is almost 10:30 in the morning, my kids are still quiet in their rooms. They must have been worn out after yesterdays celebrations and fun. I got to sleep in as well, boy did that feel great!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

Lori, also consider the scratch and dent area of Home Depot, Lowes or just a scratch and dent store, I've gotten my dishwasher, refrigerator, and clothes washer in that area of Home depot. They work just fine and the flaws are so minor that they are not really noticeable. We had to replace the fridge after hurricane Ike, the power surge killed the old one, it was over 20 years old. The washer was a Kenmore we bought in 1977. It died last year. The Kenmore microwave died in 2011 we got it in 1981. We have had three microwaves since 2011. They don't make 'em to last so buy cheaply as you can. Good luck.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to rockmom

June 2013 POD #1 & Min #2 (L) By 2xblessed

Finally!

Edited by 2xblessed on 07-02-13 09:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

MMS

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to 2xblessed

Yay, so glad your upload worked Carolyn.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to rockmom

Hi everyone!

Krista I'm glad you had a great day yesterday. I love a celebration.

I am in total agreement about things being made shoddily these days. I buy products made in the USA (or Canada) whenever I can. I don't mind paying a little extra up front to save time and money down the road. However, it's tough to find some things made here.

We are expecting rain the night of the White MOuntain Youth Corps Summer Soiree. We are hoping the tents we have rented will do the trick an keep everyone dry, but I am a tad concerned about the band. Keep your fingers crossed please ladies.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Bush I love Mini #5 By Erjaan

Mini #5 part two By Erjaan
ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS?

Edited by erjaan on 07-02-13 11:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to erjaan

MMS

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Mini #10 E Everthing Blue in this garden By Erjaan

Lots of them here, they are wild and lovely. Sorta like me. ha ha ha ha

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan

Wow! I almost missed July! lol! I am here and in...thanks Lori! Kelly, join in and don't worry...these gals are so encouraging...and will teach you a lot....

Lori, the bleeding heart is beautiful and would be unusual! The fair may have different rules than ours...we are required to mat or frame and usually size is left up to the artist/photographer..I prefer the 8x10...dil does 11x14..you will do awesome...go for it!

Linny, the orchid is beautiful! and Heather, the jam is so pretty...I know it is delicious! more later...

Off to Cy & Lily's birthday party!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to nanasan

ACU
Hobby Lobby is offering 4 cent delivery right now!
Since I don't see getting to go anytime soon, I placed an order. The closest one for me is 80 miles away and i don't drive.
BBL

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Mini # 8 Television is NOT me By Erjaan

JULY 2, END OF INDEPENDENCE DAY FOR ME

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to erjaan

POD #2, Mini 1/10

U for U S A.......One of my decorations I put together.

USA By Anna C

bbl2cu

Edited by Anna C on 07-02-13 03:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Anna C

JCI

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

HI everyone, It's been a nail biter of a day here for me listening to the airplanes and helicopters battling the fire that is one ridge over. We had a huge storm last night and lightning caused the fire. I have overnight bags prepared for my family and a list of memories to pack if we get evacuated. Monsoon is only a week away hopefully we'll get a little early rain and our firefighters will get the blaze under control.

The loss of the Granite Mountain Hotshots is on everyone's mind as our Fort Apache Hotshots are hard at work. Two of Genevieve's classmates have fathers on the fire squad one flies a fire copter and the other is on the ground, please keep everyone in your thoughts.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Oh wow Missa! Hope the rain comes soon and/or they get that fire under control! That would be very scary!

We just had 2 downpours like no other. Of course right when I was taking the laundry to the laundry mat. I left it and went to my dads house for a few. Got stuck there for over an hour waiting on the rain to stop.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Oh yea....a big thank you for checking out and giving me much needed input on my flower pics! The yellow Tulip and Bleeding Heart have by far gotten the most votes. My mom sent the same photo to her crochet group. I had quite the mix of reviews there.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Caught up!
Missa, prayers for the safety of firefighters and those in the path of the fire.
Today has been a day of dragging for me. Don't feel bad enough to complain but don't feel good enough to brag. Trying to think of what I want to do to add to my shop.
Off to eat something for supper. I think it is going to be cereal. It's quick and easy.
BBL

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to 2xblessed

Missa, fire is so scary. Best wishes for those fighting it.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to rockmom

Missa, prayers for everyone in AZ , hopefully the rain will come soon.

Dropping off a pic

July Photo Fun #2 By Mrs PaulyD

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Ladies, you have some fabulous mojo because we just had a serious downpour. It's still coming down I hope that stunts the blaze enough that it can be dealt with easily tomorrow. Thanks for your magic!

Carolyn, G's out with Toph and I had cereal for dinner myself. I do any time I have a chance. I just don't want G to get into the habit.

Lori I wonder what the crocheters see that we don't.

Good night everyone. This lady is going to have a glass of wine. Wow, what a day.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Good news Missa.....enjoy the glass or two!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Yeh, great news Missa!

I often eat cereal too, like I did last night.

Hugs to all, good night.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to rockmom

yeah for rain!

Just got back from Zumba. With the combo of the heat and class, I'm wiped. But hungry too. Ate a banana, will go shower, and then see if I'm still hungry. If I am, a bowl of cereal might be in order for night snack.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

I just bought myself some cereal at the store today. It's Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (limited edition). I usually am not a cereal fan but I do like it dry. Milk....bleckkk!

Just ordered my prints...kinda excited. Spending more money than I like on this contest though, lol. DH says it's OK. I get 5 fair tickets with my entry $. That's cheaper than buying the tickets, even discounted.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Night girls.

Tomorrow I think I'll be making Pinterest recipes. One is for dinner tomorrow. The others are for our 4th cookout. I like trying new things. I have a new Rice Krispies recipe I'm going to try (lemon). Not sure it will make the cut compared to my brown butter & sea salt ones. I'm also going to try out a new healthy cookie type recipe along with no bake bars. Needing to use up some stuff in the cabinets.

Have a great evening!

Krista...hoping the Zumba wasn't too much tonight. I sure wish we lived closer....I'd Zumba with you.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Lori, hope the new recipes turned out great! If they do, please share! I love trying new recipes, too.
Missa, great news on the rain! Praying it will drown the fires out!
Good Night Ladies!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

Great news about the rain Missa! I hope the fire is out by now. We got a lot of rain yesterday and more in store today.

Lori, I'm like Missa. What did your mom's group see that we didn't or what did they recommend. Just curious.

Thanks for the comments on my USA deco. The red paper for the alphas was a real pain to use. It is self adhesive and very thin, hard to work with being so thin. The stars were made from the same kind of paper as well.

I'm off the rest of the week. We have a big get together tonight. And a July 4th parade too. Hoping we don't get wet but bettin we do!

Have a great day ladies!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Anna C

Nope, my pretty tree is not a Peegee tree. Still searching.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Morning!

On my pics....I don't know what they saw different. According to Kate's recommendations on what judges look for (not centered) they mostly liked the two that were centered. Honestly, those were my two choices too. I did feel like the pink tulips were pretty and I liked the detail of the rain drops. But, the second flower was distracting and out of focus. I really love the Rose shot with the droplet of water but it was centered also. I remembered I had taken the yellow Tulip (last Spring) that the frost had gotten and limped the petals. I ordered my prints from Persnickety Prints last night. I then couldn't decide on what size. I went with 12x16 prints as DH and I thought that would be a good size for the required 16x20 mounting board. I am thinking I'll matt them too. I nixed my hummer pic (thank you Kate). The red bird feeder behind was too distracting. I opted (since I already stated my entry on the form I sent in) to go with a Robin I took this past Winter with red berries behind it. It is still kinda centered but I felt there was less distractions. 1st time so still learning. I am wondering if the matts need to be white, nothing states color preference.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to erjaan

Hi dearies!!!!

Mmmmm cereal for dinner.....sounds good to me; my choice would be oatmeal! Which reminds me....need to get over to Costco.....geez, to think I've eaten that huge box they sell, 1/2 cup at a time!!!!!!

I can't believe tomorrow is the fourth already! I was supposed to plan a weekend away for us....where does the time go....but I'm also dealing with a flare up of a shoulder condition...don't recall the pain ever being this severe and don't recall doing anything special. It even hurts to raise my arm to get to the keyboard of my laptop. Tried Ben Gay; tried icing....think I'm gonna need a cortisone shot. I thought I'd see the dr tomorrow....tomorrow is the 4th!!!! hello.....earth to Linny!!!!!

Enjoying everyone's photos!

Just finished altering a wine decanter for a swap in a vintage motif....it was fun. Now to get some pics.......

So about the mini's.....ALLABOUTME.....it's however we would like to interpret the letters, I'm a guessing.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

You got it Linda...however you desire. Hope your shoulder feels better fast!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Sorry to hear your shoulder is aching. Hope it gets better soon.

Lori, your photos are all very nice, but the yellow tulip is special. I like it a lot. Good luck!!!

Nice for a little vacation Anna. Hope you don't get wet.

Any name for that pretty tree yet Kate?

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz
In response to rockmom

Hi Everyone...It has been a long time since I've been on here...sure have missed everyone. Hope all of you have been well.

I'd love to get back here and play but I'm not going to be able to this month for sure. I have 9 family members coming from the Mid-west for a 2 week visit on July 16th. So maybe I'll get to join for August.

Kate... I think your mystery bush/tree might be a Privet.

I'll try to stop in a few times this month and see what is happening with ya'll.

Wishing each of you a safe and happy 4th of July.
Darci

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to krazy4kardz

Darci....imagine you showing up when someone is in need of knowing plant info! Perfect timing....miss you and looking forward to seeing you SOON!!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

I've been running errands. Met DD & Uman at HL. She is here for the day and did some running with Uriah, now she is utilizing the pool deck in her bikini, lol!

I picked up some items at the dreaded Walmart I forgot yesterday. It was pretty uneventful there. I also checked out the used appliance store....gross! I won't be going that route. I can't believe how dirty it was in there not to mention stuff they were selling. I think my next stop will be the scratch n dent area.

Made some corn dip (one of the new recipes for tomorrow). It has mayo & sour cream in it. What the recipe called for seems too much even with 3 cans of mixed corns. I might have to throw another in or maybe some black beans. Wanted the flavors to mix.....it's always better that way. I didn't add my shredded cheese yet. I think it always turns mushy so I'll do that tomorrow.

Next up are lemon Rice Krispies and Turtle ones. Getting ready to start those now. Making something new for dinner tonight too.

The prints I ordered are already processed and out for delivery. Now that is fast!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

WOW, that is fast! Enjoy your new recipes, hope ya like them.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to rockmom

I'm having a hard time with the minis. I took a few photos but matching them to the letter is tough. This is good for me.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

I think Krazy4kardz got it. I think my lovely tree is a Japanese Privet tree. And YES it smell wonderful. THANKS

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to erjaan

Glad you popped in Darci, because Kate's trees are the same kind our town planted this year too! And I couldn't figure it out either. And they do smell amazing - almost lilac like. At least I'm assuming that those are what I'm smelling when I drive past with my windows open. Lilacs are done.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to KristaDee

Cool, always wondered what a Privet looked like!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to rockmom

Hi Darci! Enjoy the company. It's good to see you.

Lori I'm thinking the dip needs more flavor too. I hope you can spice it up nicely.

Anna, that paper does sound like a pain to work with. The results were nice though.

We are three days from our trip two days from our fundraiser nothing is ready and I'm freaking out. I'll be back later hopefully feeling better about things.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Good luck Missa!

Thought I share this info with y'all.

Did some homework on getting fireworks stills. Here is the consensus:

1. Tripod
2. Shutter release, either wired or wireless
5. Manual Mode, Vibration Reduction/Image Stabilization off
4. Shutter: Bulb mode
5. Aperture: between F8 - F16
6. ISO: 100
7. Portrait layout, except for finale use landscape
8. Lens, wider than 50mm

9. Be careful to not hold the shutter open too long because multiple bomb bursts will be too bright. Hold it open just long enough to get the bomb from takeoff to full range of explosion.

10. Watch for smoke, it will make a hazy photo. Earliest bombs are best due to less smoke.

11. Look for people's heads in the way, power lines, and other unwanted objects.

I think it will be an experiment. I am no way feeling confident but will give it a go.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to rockmom

Thanks for that info Denise!

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics