Username Post: Filofax        (Topic#1589801)
4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

I realize I'm 'behind in the game', but just saw some videos on Filofaxes. It is interesting and I think I like the way you can personalize it. (patterned paper dividers, stickers, stamps, etc

I am an extremely (it's irritating at times!) organized person. I have lists of lists. LOL.

I ordered a binder/organizer from Hampton Art - the Ditto series. It has calendar, journaling, & misc inserts.

I get the general set up, sections for different things and keep track of everything.

What is a dashboard?
What kinds of things/sections do you have?
Any tips on putting it altogether & setting it up ?

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to 4tgrfans

Anyone ?!

I saw a video today how to make your own dividers using patterned paper and a tab punch. Several videos also showed using some SmashBook flags, tags, etc too.

Just not real sure about the fine details.....

Search youtube for Filofax......then search for Hampton Art Ditto. I gather Filofax is a name brand for basically a leather bound calendar planner. The Ditto looks like a scrapbook version. It comes in 8 1/2 x 11 or 8x8. I ordered the 8x8 in lime green.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-01-13 05:57 PM
In response to 4tgrfans

I used FiloFax and DayPlanner things like 20 years ago. Had my calendar, address book, I kept all sorts of lists for groceries, library, random shopping, decorating ideas, etc. For a while I used it to keep track of certain expenses. Just my sort of day-to-day bible of random life stuff. But it was such a weight to carry around! Now I just use my phone, and post-it notes for temporary lists like groceries.

If you're seeing videos on FiloFaxes now, I think it's interesting - part of (and more likely a progenitor of) the whole Smashbook thing. Just another way to be creative and personal with your day-to-day doings.

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to stick

I don't have answers for your question, but I did research the Filofax and realized I just had to have one!!! I am a teacher, and am always trying to be more organized. I ordered the purple one and I did watch a couple of videos on how to personalize them with washi tape borders and stickers. I think you can use some smash book ideas for your filo fax.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to bonprof

Oh good - I'm not the only one who just had to have one !

I think I'm going to have sections for a calendar, budget, then specific lists. 1. vacation next summer - plans, packing, etc 2. Christmas - ideas, recipes, etc and 3. A Europe 2015 trip for when my kids graduate HS & College at the same time.

I'm sure I'll think of other sections, maybe one for Booster Club stuff.

I can't wait for it all to get here.

bonprof
Governor
bonprof
In response to 4tgrfans

I know...can't wait until it comes in the mail. Is small enough to take everywhere and i know it will help me so much. Thanks

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to bonprof

I've seen the videos too and I also think I need to have one! I'm gonna look into the one you ordered and see what I like!

New Kid On the Block
In response to mrsrogers52513

1. In Response to 4tgrfans

2. What a great idea to use the Filofax .I also see the link to Kathyn Krienger , Now at Two Peas - Ditto Collection by Hampton Arts - YouTube, www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRAzbOzUO5I‎ ,shows a good example of how it can be best used.
3. If you want to save money &make your own there are some ideas at
Making and some Tips to my Travel Journal.wmv at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzZ2K0uGJdg

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics