Page 1 of 325 
Username Post: ROCKIN, SCRAPPIN GRANS - Part 2 ***ACTIVE AND OPEN***        (Topic#1590051)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

We are now OPEN!!

This is a thread for grans of all ages to share their love of scrapbooking and/or other crafting projects. You MUST be a grandparent to join this thread and actively involved with scrapbooking or crafting projects. We love to chat about all kinds of things but it is PRIMARILY a scrapping thread. If you would like further information, please contact me.

When you put up your first post, please answer the following questions so we know a little bit about you.
1. Your first name
2. Your date of birth (Nope, year isn't necessary)
3. How many, if any, children? Tell us about them.
4. How many, if any, grandchildren? Of course you'll tell us about them!!
5. How long have you been scrapping? Paper, digi, hybrid?
6. Where do you live?
7. Any other hobbies?
8. And anything else you'd like to tell us!!

Members birthdays:

Jan 13 Cheryl
March 3 Diana
March 17 Josie
March 18 Cathe
April 8 Betsey
August 9 Tish
August 25 JoJo
Oct. 3 Char
Dec. 27 Ann
Dec. 28 Donna

HOSTESS FOR CHALLENGES 2015

Jan. - Tish
Feb.- Donna
Mar. - Betsey
Apr. - Tish
May - Cheryl
June - Char
July - JoJo
Aug. - Cathe
Sept. - Di
Oct. - Jo
Nov. - Donna
Dec. - Betsey

AUGUST Challenge:

Go to your gallery.
Choose one of your favorite Layouts.
Turn it either clockwise, counterclockwise or upside down.
Make a new LO using the "new" design.
You also must have:
1. at least one photo
2. a flower or flowers
3. inking

Easter By Memex9

Lifted layout Betsey used:

Not Mine By Memex9

Beauty Blooms By ChansGram

Link to page Trish lifted for the challenge:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 5336581.h...

Logan and Erica By Tishd

Layout TIsh lifted for the challenge:

Vegas and Then Some! By Bonprof

BABY By Cdjohnson

Here is the layout I lifted:

PHOTO FUN By Anna C

One Big Party By Bonprof

Here is the layout Donna lifted:

Viva Las Vegas Stamp Store!! By Bonprof

Happy Easter By Scrappin 2

The layout Cathe lifted:

Vacation By Scrappin 2

Pickles By Sunnydi

Layout Di lifted:

Perfect Dress Layout with the "F" changed By Sunnydi

JULY CHALLENGE

The challenge is... create an 12 x 12 LO of one of your favorite recipes. A appetizer, main dish, dessert...whatever is a favorite of yours. Or one you have a picture of the final product once made. You will then journal the recipe on an index card an include on the LO.

Link is to the blog, scroll down to their recipe book... to use as a reference... we are only doing one recipe per person... Not the whole book!

We are in love with this Home Sweet Home recipe book by Tati Scrap:

http://g45papers.typepad.com/graphic45/2015/06/the -dyna...

Home is Turkey Meatloaf By Bonprof

SWEET By Tishd

Fried Potatoes By Sunnydi

Poorman's margarita's By ChansGram

Family Tradition By Memex9

What the Family and Friends ask for.... By Scrappin 2

JUNE CHALLENGE:

For June's challenge I would like to see a layout of DISNEY!!! If you do not have a Disney trip to do, then do a theme or waterpark of some kind.

Ta-Daaa!!!!!! By Memex9

TRA MATIZED By Scrappin 2

Disney Magic By Tishd

This Magical Moment By Sunnydi

Disney Road Trip By CharK

MAY CHALLENGE SKETCH:

May Challenge By Cdjohnson

A Smile To Love By Memex9

LOVE SMILE ENJOY FUN By Tishd

Decorating the Tree By Sunnydi

So Proud to be you mom By Scrappin 2

Color Run 2015 By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

I am experimenting to see if I can get back here using my old way...be back shortly I hope.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe - I knew you would be able to find it with the link!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

hummmm I can't click on my Rockin Scrappin Grans under the www. --it takes me to the old thread.
So how do I get to this one???

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-10-13 05:29 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning from CT! Am I the first to post in our new thread!

Betsey, yes, I confirm everything you said! I was always under the impression the hostess was the only one that could make any changes, or do any adding etc. on the first page!

I was given the impression it was all so hard and it would take to long to explain to me!!!! Sigh.

Well we left Thorndike last night around 6:15 pm, and drove straight through without any stops. We arrived here about 11:45 pm. We got a bit twisted around when we were about five minutes away, but relied on the GPS to get us here!
Success! I did not sleep well, and got up with Max at 7:30 am! We are still the only ones up!

I have not had coffee because I can't find the filters!!!!

Thank you cheryl for the move!

Betsey when I get home or possibly at some point today, i will check out the books!

Ann, I think you asked if their really was a sign that said COW .....s T Corner! Yes, and it had been there over 40 years!

Coffee coffee coffee!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-10-13 05:32 AM

Cathe , it works fine for me!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Cathe - Explain to me how you usually get to the thread. I will try to tell you how to do it again.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

I am glad to see some starting to make their way to the new thread. I will be off and on. I am getting ready to go for a run but will be back after that and a shower. I down another 1.5 pounds this morning. Cleaning and scrapping is on my agenda for today.

Tish - It is the hostess that can only change the FIRST POST.

Edited by cdjohnson on 08-10-13 05:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

at the top of my page under the www.scrapbook.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/1590051/
there is a blue line that has Most visited, google Rockford weather, facebook, pinterest, Rockin' Scrappin Grans....they are short cuts my brother helped me set up and it was so easy, i just clicked on it and it brought me to the ...let me try something brb

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Ok, still need assistance.

Cheryl you can go for your run, I can get here by the link until we figure out what I need to do. How long will you be gone?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:

How do you mark the thread so you can get to it from the home page?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

I can get here by going to my favorite forum topics so I will be able to find you. Is that how most of you do it?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

Good Morning on the new thread.

Cathe; yes, I go to My Forumn and click on My Posts... then click the last post I made on our thread... mainly so I can start reading from there.

Your brother made a shortcut by highligting the www line you quoted, then right clicked on it and dragged it to your 'blue (gray) line'.. I'd suggest right clicking on the old 'shortcut' and deleting it then drag the new wwww line to your blue line.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

I had a bad night sleeping; terrible dreams and I have been told the part I slept thru was a quick rain storm with lightening even.

I'm painting the kitchen ceiling today but won't start until after I meet my sis for lunch.

We have our son's dog for two days. She's a nuisance but.. oh well.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

OK....I am here......saved to my favorite topics...so all is well.......now I just have to remember which one to click on...LOL I will leave the other one up for awhile.......in case we need some info. LOL I am working in this ******** yard again......this is insane......I need help! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

ok...have to change the way I go in again....back to Favories, favorite forum topics then grans part 2. This is not a problem.....I had gotten to like the other way......because it took me to my last post, and so I rarely missed anything...but this is fine. Good for you Cheryl. I am happy this is not as big a deal as we thought......I know it is a bit time consuming, but we thank you for your patience....I think some of us have been very mislead in the past! cough cough!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

And yes Tish....many, many times I would ask if I could do something for her because she was so stretched for time...and she always said it would take me longer to explain it and than to do it myself...."it involves my password and other stuff"!!!!! This was said in many different ways, many different times...you heard right. I feel better that I am not the only one that thought that all this time. Again....never to old to learn something !!!!!! I have to laugh now.....and how duped we were...Tish you and I seem to be the only ones who were told that....or didn't know better! Sigh!!!! How funny!!!!!

Sorry about the coffee......If I was close I would bring you an entire pot. LOL They DO drink coffee in that house .....right?????? LOL

I am in for a break from my heat stroke! LOL

I am almost done down the back fence now. I am transplanting a perennial from a big pot, since its now too big for the pot and I think it will do well in the ground at this point......I hope so, this is a big hole I am digging.

ttyl....Cathe I hope you find your way. I think that is what is wrong with someone else setting up stuff for you. Doug did that for me on his computer while I was visiting, and I never could find anything his way....so I just did it my way, and hopefully he will just delete my little shortcut icon on the screen. LOL

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

Okay! I am just posting so I can check to see if my usual way of accessing the forum will work.

bbl

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

My pages are showing up before the one Tish added at 7:29 AM and my time is 10:57 AM on the post!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
My pages are showing up before the one Tish added at 7:29 AM and my time is 10:57 AM on the post!

That's weird.. No help, am I?

ok, starting the ceiling now as my sis backed out of lunch, again. Will try again soon.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:

Your time showing on mine is 11:57. Why in the world is that???? I thought we used to be on PCT......now it appears we are on EST not daylight....I am confused at least that's what shows up on my posts!

Ann you and I should be one hour apart, you should be one hour earlier than me right?????

You and Cathe, and maybe Cheryl are on Central Time...is this right???? Jojo, Tish and I are on Eastern Daylight Time, I think JO is on Mountain Time.......and Char and Di are on Pacific time. but the time on here is always different...I have not yet right.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Found my way to the new digs... *Unpacks her chair, side table, doilies, favorite coffee mug, sugar, creamer supplies to the frig, snacks in the cabnets and CD's for the music*

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to tneal40

Dislike painting ceiling...love painting walls

Teia must be on the same time as Di and Char

Van is arriving... he is spending the night too.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

I did not finish in the back yard...however, the bed along the back fence is done. And I have started the long oval in the middle of the side yard. Had to give up......too hot! I am bleeding from several little knicks....and bruised like always. Sigh.

I will be starting back to work looking like I have been in battle. And just think...I have so much more to do. I hope it will be done by the weekend so that I can begin to recover on Monday and Tuesday.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good afternoon!!

Cathe - Sorry I took off you on. After my run, Chrystie (my sister) called and we decided to spend the day going to consignment shops and having lunch. I just returned!!

Di - I saw the picture of your chair pad on facebook. It is LOVELY!! Looks like you did a wonderful job.

Ann - Glad to see you made your way in also.

Teia - Yeah, you are making yourself at home again!

Betsey - I hope you can get your yard finished up so you can rest before you have to head back to work.

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to cdjohnson

Here is my layout for the challenge:

Billboard By Oakhills

and this is the layout I chose to scraplift because I did not have one in Laynie's album using this sketch:

The Vows By Oakhills

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to memex9

Betsey, I am in Central time zone. That 1st post that Tish did is still at the bottom of my page every time I post. Go figure!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to oakhills

Ann - You are on the ball with the challenge!! I have put it on the first post along with the original one.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

yes, Teia, Char and I are Pac. time zone... right now it is 2:51 p.m. Will be curious to see what time it posts as...

ok, Ceiling has first coat... ugh. I'm tired. Will do second coat in about an hour.. So next time I mention painting a ceiling one of you, please, yell at me "You told us to tell you you are too old to paint ceilings." Thanks I know I can count on you.

Betsey; I can't work in the sunshine... get the rest you need.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
yes, Teia, Char and I are Pac. time zone... right now it is 2:51 p.m. Will be curious to see what time it posts as...

ok, Ceiling has first coat... ugh. I'm tired. Will do second coat in about an hour.. So next time I mention painting a ceiling one of you, please, yell at me "You told us to tell you you are too old to paint ceilings." Thanks I know I can count on you.

Betsey; I can't work in the sunshine... get the rest you need.

It posted at 1:53... so that's a time zone behind me... huh? That's like ? Alaska time? I'm confused now.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Di - That's weird because on mine, it says you posted at 3:53 p.m.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:

Wow; this makes no sense at all, to me.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
After my run, Chrystie (my sister) called and we decided to spend the day going to consignment shops and having lunch. I just returned!!

ahh; you are so lucky. I get sad sometimes that my sis is different now; due to her stroke.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:

Mine says she posted at 4:53 pm....so there! This thing is a mess......!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

It's all backwards.......and crazy. When I first was on here.....everyones' time was PCT.....the rest of you may remember, that when you did challenges etc....you went by PCT. So if a challenge ended at midnight. That would be midnight PCT so for me it would be 3 am for me. It was crazy but I remember that very well....it was very confusing.

So I don't know what the deal is now! Does anyone know what time they are using these days???? Right now my computer clock says

8:06pm.....that is eastern daylight time!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

So my time posted is an hour earlier than that.....which would be eastern time zone....the real time, not daylight time!!!!! In Nov when we go back, that will be the right time, but for now my time is off by an hour. How confusing.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Hopefully Tish has found the coffee filters by now and had coffee.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - I am just glad we don't do our challenges by the time. We really would be mixed up!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off one I finished tonight:

I love my dog By Cdjohnson

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

I'm mixed up about the time thing anyhow.. so I'm forgetting it...

I was too tired to do the second coat on the ceiling so went outside and painted trim.

off to read and relax now.

see you tomorrow

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Sunnydi

Ok so I heard from my son today... I was waiting allllll day and he finally called me about 3pm my time (thats 6pm his time). I found alot of pictures of him on the FB page and put them on my FB if you want to see them. Not sure you can spot him. I may change them out for the ones I wrote his name on... but I did TAG him in all of them so just roam your mouse around till you see SCOTT NEAL pop up lol. Most are of the back of his head. They take PROFESSIONAL pictures they sell but they wanted 12 bucks for 4 of the same picture... who buys those when you can print them off or scan them??? or even just save them to the computer. The ones they are makin you buy wont save so I took a picture of them with my cell phone and I hope they turn out ok.

He is eating real well. He is still a skinny kid though and next to the other guys he is small... they nicknamed SMALLS cause he is the shortest guy in the Platoon lol. That name come from the movie SANDLOT... very funny movie.

DH picked up my canning peaches today. They said they picked them this morning so we need to wait a few days before canning them. Since the Grandkids cant keep there hands out of things, he brought them upstairs to our attic room to await their time to jump in my pint jars

So dd is having her yard sell this weekend... they ARE moving next weekend. I think I will very lonely when they all leave but I will not miss the mess they make and how many times I have gone to cook something to find the kids ate my ingredients.

dd Beckie (one in the Navy) had a military jacket sent to us. I am to bring it with me when I go down to San Diego to go on the tiger cruise. Its actually pretty cool lookin. I will take some pictures and post them for you on our Grans FB site this weekend.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-10-13 07:21 PM
In response to tneal40

Aloha grams!!

First time able to check in. DH has been ON his computer, bad boy. I have actually been too tired at night to bug him to use it. we have all been going to bed early...very unusual for us. The hot weather and all the swimming wear you out.

Yesterday we took the girls on a catamaran trip to snorkel with sea turtles. They loved it. I did not snorkel, took pics.

Having a great time but can't wait to be back home again. Miss my Lulu and my house.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 08-10-13 07:23 PM
In response to charK

The time difference for me is 3 HOURS earlier than pacific time zone! 3 o'clock in the afternoon here is 9 o'clock east coast time!

We are going out for dinner....be good!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to charK

Good to hear from you Char. The trip with the turtles sounds like fun. Hope you got some good photos to scrap. I know what you mean about having fun but will be glad to get home too. I was glad to get back to my house also. I had a great time, but there really is "no place like home"!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies.....it's 7:46 at my house no matter what this thing says. The sun is coming up......should be another hot, rainless day. No Rain yesterday at all. It is not supposed to rain here until Wednesday.....and then Wed, Thurs, Fri....but of course. I will be at school those days......sigh!

Here's coffee.......for Tish and anyone else that might be up and about. Sure hope you found the coffee filters by now Tish.

Edited by memex9 on 08-11-13 03:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Wild 'n Girly By Memex9

Here is that page I have had finished for days.....it's taken me forever to get it posted here. But here it is!

Edited by memex9 on 08-11-13 04:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I'm mixed up about the time thing anyhow.. so I'm forgetting it...

I was too tired to do the second coat on the ceiling so went outside and painted trim.

off to read and relax now.

see you tomorrow

the time thing is too confusing at this point for any of us to bother with I think.

As for painting the ceiling....it will still be there tomorrow....wise choice to do something else I think. Painting the ceiling is very hard on the neck not to mention the arms etc.!!!!

I am not at my best when painting ceilings that's for sure. LOL

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good morning!!

I agree about the time! Who really cares at this point?

Di - My arms get tired enough just painting the walls much less the ceilings. It was probably a good idea to take a break.

Char - So glad you got to check in and found our new thread with no problem.

Cathe - I am assuming you will not check in until this afternoon since you had a sleep over with the grandkids. Hope you had fun!

I am going to fold some laundry and get ready for church. I may go out to eat with my parents as DH has gone to the farm to help his dad pay bills and Priscilla is working. I'll catch you this afternoon.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Good sunny morning. We're off to the baseball game today with Dori and parents. We go once a season.. can't afford to go more than that. I could but won't rant about the price of tickets for professional sports team tickets.. oh; that is my rant!!

I'm glad we have a day off today. We need it. Dale's been painting the outside of the house and he's glad to not paint today also.

I may not scrap until the end of this month.. just determined to get the projects done that I've put off for over a year. I love Ticking things off my list of "Projects to do"..

Teia; I'll check out your FB pics... glad you'll soon have a house to yourself (well and hubby).

Cathe; how'd the sleepover go? We've decided to have Dori overnight soon... she loves it.

Cheryl; I saw on FB that you had 13 discharges the other day. I remember being a patient one time and was told I could leave..woohoo. Packed up my few belongings and was ready... I did not understand why it took hours to discharge me. I now know there is lots of paperwork, pharmacy stuff has to happen and lastly a person has to be available to escort you out the door. 13 in one day sounds like a lot to me.

ok, bbl

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Good sunny morning. We're off to the baseball game today with Dori and parents. We go once a season.. can't afford to go more than that. I could but won't rant about the price of tickets for professional sports team tickets.. oh; that is my rant!!
I'm glad we have a day off today. We need it. Dale's been painting the outside of the house and he's glad to not paint today also.

I may not scrap until the end of this month.. just determined to get the projects done that I've put off for over a year. I love Ticking things off my list of "Projects to do"..

Teia; I'll check out your FB pics... glad you'll soon have a house to yourself (well and hubby).

Cathe; how'd the sleepover go? We've decided to have Dori overnight soon... she loves it.

Cheryl; I saw on FB that you had 13 discharges the other day. I remember being a patient one time and was told I could leave..woohoo. Packed up my few belongings and was ready... I did not understand why it took hours to discharge me. I now know there is lots of paperwork, pharmacy stuff has to happen and lastly a person has to be available to escort you out the door. 13 in one day sounds like a lot to me.

ok, bbl

I could probably rant enough for b oth of us. To add insult to injury......our football team has blacked out all home games for two seasons in a row and apparently this one is going to be the same. Now....who's taxes do you think are paying for all this new stadium stuff etc. etc. etc. I understand that they have to sell tickets, but if they had better prices for some of the really awful seats, of which there are many, maybe some of us who are not ab le to afford a thousand dollars and up for season tickets would be able to go. Who do they think they are hurting anyway????? I am all but done with professional sports these days anyway....salaries are waaay too high, for most of them, the only people getting rich are the owners, and they were already rick or they could not have purchased the team. enough said!!!! I could go on about many things wrong these days even with college sports....but I won't!!!!! I am just sad, for people Like Di, and so many others who really just can't afford to be real fans as in days of old. It's not right! But then, just add it to the list of things wrong these days!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good afternoon!!

I am back from church and lunch with my parents. We ate a Cracker Barrel. I had scouted out their menu online at home before we went so I would know what I could order and not overdo on the calories. I had a wonderful salad with grilled chicken, corn salsa, cucumbers and grape tomatoes and their own cracked pepper vinaigrette dressing. It was HUGE and under 600 calories.

Betsey and Di - I agree on the cost of professional sports events AND their salaries. It is ridiculous. I usually do watch Sunday Night Football no matter who is playing.

Cathe - You must still have grandkids and the family at your house today or visiting Granny. You haven't even checked in!! I hope everything is going ok.

Tish - I hope you are enjoying your trip.

I'm off to do some cleaning so while everyone is away tomorrow I can play in my scrap room.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-11-13 01:59 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Hello! I am home and just wanted to check in to say hi and let you know Tim and Max delivered me home safe and sound about 25 minutes ago.

Wow, tired body, mostly mentally if that makes sense! Friday night the drive and we didn't get to bed until after midnight. Saturday over to Matt and Ashley's house warming from about 2:30 pm to 11:30 pm. Bed at midnight again, and then the trip back home today!

I didn't sleep coming on going on the trip. I talked to Tim most of the way down and back to keep him alert! LOL

A wonderful time with family and friends, but so happy to be back.

I will catch up tomorrow or maybe later after resting a bit!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

Hi;

Tish glad you are back... It's so good you went.

We had fun at the game and I gotta say; it was nice not to have to drive. Dori looked cute running the bases with her "Hugga Babba". Mariners won.. woohoo.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Tishd

It is 7:26 here....everyone has gone home, whew

I hadn't planned on keeping Kian and Rayn all day, but that is what happened. Casey was grateful and was able to get some school work done.

The sleepover went well...other than a plugged up toilet from too much paper.

Teia- I do know the movie Sand lot. I'll go check out your fb page in a bit. Since we have seen Scott in a LO I think I will be able to pick him out.

Char-those are two lucky girls!! What a wonderful vacation.
Tish glad you had fun at the party and got to spend time talking to Tim.
I was so glad to get home after our 5 days in Michigan.

Di thanks for the tip on the short cut. I will try that. the other way does bring me to my last post and that is really convenient. So I may just get to our posts by going to my account...

I hope to be on tomorrow am.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-11-13 05:05 PM

• scrappin 2 Said:
  • Tishd Said:

How do you mark the thread so you can get to it from the home page?

Cathe, I hope you have found your way, and it is easy for you. It appears you have. I come into the forum, the same way each time. Just just click on forums and then my posts and it takes me to my last post I made.

Sounds like you had a long day today with the children. You are a good mom to help Casey and I am sure she appreciates your help.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-11-13 05:09 PM
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
Betsey, I am in Central time zone. That 1st post that Tish did is still at the bottom of my page every time I post. Go figure!

Ann, does this mean I am always to be at the bottom of the pile????? The story of my life!

Are you still playing Solitaire Blitz? I didn't see you in the line up tonight when I went in to play a few rounds!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-11-13 05:17 PM
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good afternoon!!

I am back from church and lunch with my parents. We ate a Cracker Barrel. I had scouted out their menu online at home before we went so I would know what I could order and not overdo on the calories. I had a wonderful salad with grilled chicken, corn salsa, cucumbers and grape tomatoes and their own cracked pepper vinaigrette dressing. It was HUGE and under 600 calories.

Betsey and Di - I agree on the cost of professional sports events AND their salaries. It is ridiculous. I usually do watch Sunday Night Football no matter who is playing.

Cathe - You must still have grandkids and the family at your house today or visiting Granny. You haven't even checked in!! I hope everything is going ok.

Tish - I hope you are enjoying your trip.

I'm off to do some cleaning so while everyone is away tomorrow I can play in my scrap room.

Cheryl, my dil, Lisa, counts her calories and is doing really well with her weight. This morning before we left to come home, she had a big bowl of fresh blueberries, a big bowl of cherries, and watermelon all set up on the counter.

Glad you are doing well.

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-11-13 05:21 PM
In response to Sunnydi

Thank you Di! I am glad I went. I know Ashley and Matt appreciated us making the trip and it meant alot to my son too.

Betsey, when I get my head back on straight, I am going to check out the two books you mentioned! You need to slow down, lady....let the weeds grow!!!!! (Just kidding about the weeds)...

Char glad you check in and Teia too. Did Jojo and Josie ever find their way to this part two?????? I have only been away a couple of days and it feels like a year! Off to bed.

Nite all.......

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Tish - Josie and JoJo have not checked in yet on this thread. The link is posted in the old thread and they each received a PM. Hopefully, they are just busy and will check in tomorrow.

Jojo Noons
Governor
Jojo Noons
In response to cdjohnson

Hey all! I made it! First chance in here...busy with friends...Tonight they all went to the drive-in and I stayed back...went to the fleamarket today and bought some goodies.. 2 small bowls smaller than a soup/cereal bowl. They look like McCoy but do not have the mark...I had a specific purpose for them, I'll put them on my heating stoves in Cabin 1 and 2 to put the warming scented wax in them...to make the cabins smell nice. This way I don't have to worry about candles burning... Then I bought a pair of small red skis to hang on a wall in one of the cabins. I bought a real bean pot with a cover, then I got a hand stitched quilt, never used...it's beautiful, all plaid blocks...I washed it and it's on my bed, will take a picture of it tomorrow. Last thing I bought was a small, primitive "welcome" sign. I've been up late the last two nights by the campfire...Need to go to bed, will catch up with you guys tomorrow. The guys are going riding and Hannah is going to the farm, the ladies were talking about going to Maidstone Lake for the day...I think I'll hang back...I have people staying for the week other than our friends...so...someone needs to be here... I tend to want to be by myself....do what I want when I want...Don't feel like sitting on the beach at the lake all day. We've had a lot of laughs...and I'm tired...and when I get tired...I tend to get grumpy... I'm not good company when tired...

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Jojo Noons

JOJO glad you found us. Your day sounds fun.

Tomorrow I can peaches. Tuesday I start on canning spagettii sauce for dh and I. I got a canning and perserving book and I am just in the mood to play Ma Ingaills this week.

dd did not make much on the yard sale this weekend, but then they would sleep in till 10am when all the yard sales people are back home again. I told them they need to but up early to get the good buyers. No one listens *sigh*

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

Good Morning ladies.......!!!! Coffee is ready!

I did NOT go out in the yard yesterday, my arms needed a healing day I think. I really do have to get this done....the grass/weeds have taken over most of the beds......all that rain we had the two weeks I was gone, was great for the stuff, but it also made all the grass grow too.(Not the stuff where I want it, but the stuff in the beds) Its 3 feet high in lots of places...and a mess.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

So glad Tish got home safe and sound. I did not realize you were going that far for only one day. Whew. That would have worn me out also. Almost as bad, not quite as our one day trip to Spokane for Harper's birthday party. I am happy to hear that you had a good time, and I know that Ashley was happy that you got there. I hope there are photos! LOL

Jojo....glad you found us.....your shopping trip at the flea mkts sounds like you found some stuff. Good for you. Did you find anything for your friend???? The one you said you were going to do some "Picking" for???? what fun that would be....I can spend another's money far easier than my own.....what fun that would be.

Well it's my last Monday of vacation.....sigh!!!! I am truly dreading going back, and to start right out with an 8 hour day beginning at 7 am is going to be tough. No "easing" back into it I guess. This three days will be grueling I am sure. Kindergarten registration is also on MOnday......that is always fun. LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Teia......kids and yard sales....I could write a book! Why do they not understand that the best shoppers are at the beginning of the day....hence "daylight" and at the end!!!!! I don't know why they bother, if they don't open until 10 or 11 am and then b I t c h all day that "this sucks". I tell them and tell them, but then I decided I was whistling in the wind...and just let them do it their way. But when they don't make any money, and complain that this is too much work for the $$$$ that they make....I have to bite my tongue to not point out the reasons why it did NOT make any money. When you open at 9:30 or 10:00 and basically close up at 2.......that leaves a pretty small window. And when people are there, if you are sitting in a chair texting.......it's no wonder you never sell anything. Selling is the same at Nordstrom's as it is at a yard sale.....you have to take part!!!!!

Just hang in there....they will be gone soon. (Hopefully) And people wonder when I say I don't ever want to have to live with any of my kids!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

http://vimeo.com/59701176

I don't know if this will work, but try this and watch the video. Great tip of the day for paper scrappers!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-12-13 04:51 AM
In response to memex9

Good morning! I have been up for over an hour, but really not moving! Our printer just jammed when Allen was printing, so I have been trying to help him with the jam. We took the back off the printer, and then problems getting it back together. Needless to say, too many cooks spoil the broth!

Betsey, we actually we didn't make the trip in one day, but it sounds like we did! We did sleep two nights there! But it did seem like a whirlwind trip. It was probably because we didn't arrive until almost Saturday morning!

Ashley and Matt have a nice little home for a first home. They have done lots of inside work, but want to start on the outside next. The outside is very rustic. I like it. Most of my photo's show the backside and deck. Will post some soon. There was wide variety of people there, babies, and dogs!

Two of our granddaughters, Chelsea and McKenzie had to both work so we did not see them.

Chelsea has been working on Nantucket Island all summer!

Betsey, you can't be going back to work, you can't!!!!!!

Jojo I was glad to see your post this morning!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

Tish said: Betsey, we actually we didn't make the trip in one day, but it sounds like we did! We did sleep two nights there! But it did seem like a whirlwind trip. It was probably because we didn't arrive until almost Saturday morning!

I understand that...but what I meant was that you were only there, one full day, Saturday. Yes you arrived near midnight Friday night. And you then left on Sunday......for another 6 hour drive. Hence you were only there one full day!!!!! That is still a lot of driving for one day of visiting. 6 hours is about my limit these days. Our drive from WW to Spokane and back in one day was about 6.5 hours. That was also a long, long day. I wouldn't have missed it for the world, but all of us were useless the next day! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

this day is not starting out well trash was not picked up. both neighbors were but not mine!!!! I am now on what appears to be permanent hold!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Well after sitting on hold for about 14 minutes.........I finally got a live human who asked me a bunch of questions.......and they told me they would send someone out to pick it up. I explained that this was the third time since Septemember.......and that they had picked up both neighbors, (we all three have the same trash company) and that all three of us have lived here more than 10 years, and all have had the same trash company during that time.

So, my trash will sit there at the curb for however long it takes for them to send, yet another truck out, while mine is still in the neighborhood. And we wonder why things cost so much money these days.......! Sigh!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

When this happens while I am at school......I basically have to keep it until the next pickup, which is not bad in the cooler months, but in this heat, I hate my trash sitting out in this blazing sun......by the time they get back it's quite RIPE!!!!! I just don't see how they still keep missing mine! It's in the same place every week......end of my driveway.......almost in the darn street.......!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Good morning!!

Betsey - That is strange that the pick up both your neighbors trash and not your since they practically DRIVE over it since it is almost in the street. I would be mad too!!

Tish - Sounds like you had a nice trip. You deserve to relax today.

Jojo - Great things that you found. I can't wait to see the picture of the quilt.

It was raining at 5:00 when I wanted to run, so I slept until 6:00 and got up and started laundry. At 6:30 it had stopped raining, so I decided to go for my run. I have dropped another pound as of this morning making a total of 14.5 pounds lost in 2 months. I am convinced that drinking this infused water is what is helping me, of course along with eating healthier and running. I plan on scrapping today!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning!

Tish-I will be looking for your photos of the party. What does Chelsea do on Nantucket??? I love reading novels that take place on Nantucket.

JoJo- sounds like you have found some wonderful goodies. Can't wait to see the quilt.

Teia- fresh, canned peaches...yummy...love your "Ma Ingles"(sp?) comparison. You are so funny.

Betsey-Is this your 3rd year working in the cafeteria or 4th? Dang on them not getting your garbage. There is no such thing as service anymore. It took 3 weeks for Frontier to fix our phone line.

Di- hope you get the ceiling done today.

I won't be around this pm I have to be out to Casey's at 4:00. She has open house at school. It is the first time for her to leave the baby.
I may log in when I get home around 8:00.

I have a hair cut today. YHEA!

I need to go walking, but my shins still hurt.

Have a great day everyone!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Hi there Cheryl...your post wasn't there yet when I read everything.

Great job on the weight loss!!! You should be very proud of yourself.

Happy Scrapping....I might get to this afternoon. I want to do the challenge. Tomorrow is Lundgren's half off sale. I need to get camping and wedding photos. BUT Doug and Van will be here first thing in the morning. Doug is going to help Rum install the new exhaust grill hood on the porch. I plan on taking the kids to see the movie Planes.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40

I did the dishes (oopsss MORNING LADIES)yesterday before dinner was cooked. I had the kitchen lookin nice and ready for me to start on the peaches this morning. The kitchen is now a mess. Do I go down there and clean so I can can? or do I wait for the sleepy heads to wake up and tell them to do the dishes so I can? I mean I had the kitchen ready before dinner last night. They all knew I wanted to can this morning... and yet my sinks are full of dirty dishes and my sideboards are full of dishes also. I am just ready for everyone to GO!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Good morning!!

Betsey - That is strange that the pick up both your neighbors trash and not your since they practically DRIVE over it since it is almost in the street. I would be mad too!!

Tish - Sounds like you had a nice trip. You deserve to relax today.

Jojo - Great things that you found. I can't wait to see the picture of the quilt.

It was raining at 5:00 when I wanted to run, so I slept until 6:00 and got up and started laundry. At 6:30 it had stopped raining, so I decided to go for my run. I have dropped another pound as of this morning making a total of 14.5 pounds lost in 2 months. I am convinced that drinking this infused water is what is helping me, of course along with eating healthier and running. I plan on scrapping today!!

Cheryl in all honesty, I am convinced that drinking water in the correct amounts 6 - 8 8oz glasses/bottles a day is the secret to many things. One of the things I have noticed since working in the yard, is that I am drinking twice as much water as normal.....and truthfully I am feeling better, my digestive issues are gone, and I feel better all over. On top of that, I read an article by a doctor who says that none of us drink enough water every day. and if we did, most of our aches, pains and ills would disappear.

We have all heard this all of our lives, but none of us do that. My bottles of water are 16 oz AND I I am drinking at least 3 of those every day, sometimes more, since being outside........! I started keeping track just to see if there was any difference....and the truth is, there is a huge difference in only a week, and I have lost five lbs........he indicated that water in our system keeps our metabolism working at the right speed. He compared it to keeping the right amount of oil in your engine. LOL

So you are now telling me basically the same thing. Yes you are watching what you eat, but drinking water, infused or not may be the real thing that is working. All the other stuff is good too, but I am betting on the water as a key ingredient.

Edited by memex9 on 08-12-13 06:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cathe....it will be three years at Christmas Break. In Jan I will be starting my 4th year. Time flies doesn't it?????? Whew!!!!! Hard for me to believe also. LOL

Have fun at the movies today with the kids. Sounds like fun!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
I did the dishes (oopsss MORNING LADIES)yesterday before dinner was cooked. I had the kitchen lookin nice and ready for me to start on the peaches this morning. The kitchen is now a mess. Do I go down there and clean so I can can? or do I wait for the sleepy heads to wake up and tell them to do the dishes so I can? I mean I had the kitchen ready before dinner last night. They all knew I wanted to can this morning... and yet my sinks are full of dirty dishes and my sideboards are full of dishes also. I am just ready for everyone to GO!

It seems like a lost cause to me. They are not going to change, and you need to do the peaches, so I say just suck it up, clean up the kitchen, give them a bill for the time and supplies used....and get on with it!

No....you won't get paid, but the message will be loud and clear. If they choose to ignore it, so be it! But at least the peaches will get done on the day you wanted to do it! Shame on them.......!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I am in from the yard again......this would not be taking so long if my spring raking had been done.....LOL Only the front ever really got finished...so this is my own fault. I hate working in my backyard...it seems endless too many beds, too much maintenance....if I had grass growing up to the house, I would only need to rake twice a year! LOL So I am taking a much needed coffee break.......! Hope everyone is having a nice day. I am reading a new book......The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh! Ann....you might like this book, but maybe it would be too much of the same as your previous job. Its about a girl who was raised in the Foster Care system San Francisco area......and is just both amazing and heartbreaking at the same time....however, the flowers part is fascinating....it is a large part of the book, her story is almost a reason to write about the flowers. It is fiction, however based on the authors life in Foster Care and her Foster children. It is really good, although I am but halfway finished and I get the feeling this is not going to end well. Kind of like real life!!!!! LOL All of you who are avid gardeners, might like this one just for the flowers portions if nothing else. It is wonderful.

Edited by memex9 on 08-12-13 07:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

OK Ladies.....we have changed our site to part 2, obviously I am ready to change pages...and guess what?????? MY POST DID NOT SHOW UP!

Someone, other than me, needs to tell this story to Meagan, as I have lost my patience, what little I have, and probably will not be nice about this!!!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

OK......................so it did not change pages, and still my post did not show up until I did the next one......! I hope this is a one time thing I really do! So far I am not impressed!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-12-13 07:47 AM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
Tish said: Betsey, we actually we didn't make the trip in one day, but it sounds like we did! We did sleep two nights there! But it did seem like a whirlwind trip. It was probably because we didn't arrive until almost Saturday morning!

I understand that...but what I meant was that you were only there, one full day, Saturday. Yes you arrived near midnight Friday night. And you then left on Sunday......for another 6 hour drive. Hence you were only there one full day!!!!! That is still a lot of driving for one day of visiting. 6 hours is about my limit these days. Our drive from WW to Spokane and back in one day was about 6.5 hours. That was also a long, long day. I wouldn't have missed it for the world, but all of us were useless the next day! LOL

You are right Betsey, we were only there one full day. It is almost 12 hours driving round trip! All good road I95, 295, 495 etc...When Allen and I make this trip, we always make at least two pit stops for potty break, leg stretching, and maybe food. Tim was full speed ahead all the way down, no stops. Coming back we stopped long enough for gas in MA. I was a good rider and didn't want to ask for any stops or anything, but as we got closer and closer to home, my bladder got fuller and fuller and all of a sudden Max said, daddy I have to go to the bathroom! I said, I do too, so we pulled off at McDonald's in Waterville! Whew, that was good! Max was so happy to have a happy meal and shake and I had my annual double whopper!

I am really tired today. It does not seem like a Monday either. I just finished uploading some photo's for Ashley on Facebook. They are all in an album if anyone wants to look....I am not a great picture taker. Tony will have the best ones. I only took one inside shot and that was off some gifts by the fireplace. Oh yes and of Cal the cat.

I am going to lie down.....

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 08-12-13 07:54 AM
In response to Tishd

Cathe, Chelsea works at a ritzy restaurant waitressing in Nantucket. One of her best friends is working with her. She is having a great summer.

Dennis and Lisa went to visit her a couple of weeks ago. You actually have to take a ferry over to Nantucket..It is an island off MA. They had a great time, but said things, such as food and drinks are very expensive. They did stay at a reasonable bed and breakfast and were happy to find this place. Only $160.00 per night. Dennis said a glass of wine was something like $12.00.

McKenzie works near their beach house in Westerly, Rhode Island and stays with Auntie Gail when mom and dad aren't there. Dennis and Lisa's home is not that far from Rhode Island. Lisa is a Rhode Island girl.

Off to lie down...Hopefully I will be better at catching up with posts after I revive! LOL This might take me a week!

So far, no problems with this site. I am using Google Chrome. The post time is a bit wacky but I can live with it. It is almost 12:00 noon right now here.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to Tishd

I would like to lie down, but the end, well almost the end is in sight. I have one area over my Kelly's fence that desperately needs attention......one little patch to weed around my big white crepe myrtle but that is where I get stuck with all the cut branches reaching in there, so, it may have to wait. My arms really look bad, and I need them to recover and not add any more to the mess of cuts and bruises.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Betsey - I have been reading and researching. It is recommended that you drink half your body weight in water every day whether you are wanting to lose weight or not. I actually WANT water now!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is one I just finished:

Men's Choir By Cdjohnson

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

I don't know how to use Google chrome, or Firefox or any of those other browser.....sites. Do you have to load them every time???? I can't figure out how to use them, I go to the site, it says install, but how do I get it to only be where I want it. Will it show up at the bottom of my screen in an icon like IE does????? And since that is all I use I do not even have to click on that everytime I go on line.....I just click on the short cut icon on my screen. I see that could present a problem......if I have to choose each time I go on line which browser I want to use. It's just too complicated for me at this point...I hav e all my banking set up with an icon.......and everything else. I am assuming that means I could not use those anymore. Is this right????? LOL Am I complicating this beyond all reason????? Since I am no doubt talking to myself.....I may have to wait for Diana or Cheryl to get on here.....! LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Betsey - I have been reading and researching. It is recommended that you drink half your body weight in water every day whether you are wanting to lose weight or not. I actually WANT water now!!

Half my body weight????? aRE YOU TELLING ME (whoops) I have to drink 80lbs of water a day????? How much is that???? Fluid ounces are different than my body weight. That can't be right! I thought I was doing good....now I find that I am not even close to the right amount.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl you can't convert pounds to ounces.....!!! Not body weight lbs to fluid ounces!!!!! Not possible...there must be another way to do that...surely I am not to drink 80 lbs of water a day! LOL

I do drink a lot of water, more some days than others........but I really need to drink more to be in line with the 6 - 8 oz glasses of water a day......that is 48 ounces......(fluid ounces) That seems like the right amount to me.....Clarify your" "half my weight" please?????

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Jojo Noons

• Jojo Noons Said:
I tend to want to be by myself....do what I want when I want...Don't feel like sitting on the beach at the lake all day. We've had a lot of laughs...and I'm tired...and when I get tired...I tend to get grumpy... I'm not good company when tired...

That's me also. The flea market sounds fun.. wish we had them here.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:

Half our body weight?? oh my gosh; are you saying a 150 lb. woman should drink 75 lbs. of water a day??

I just googled and "A gallon of fresh water weighs 8.34 pounds"... so She would have to drink 9 gallons of water........ NO... can't be right.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
I don't know how to use Google chrome, or Firefox or any of those other browser.....sites. Do you have to load them every time???? I can't figure out how to use them, I go to the site, it says install, but how do I get it to only be where I want it. Will it show up at the bottom of my screen in an icon like IE does????? And since that is all I use I do not even have to click on that everytime I go on line.....I just click on the short cut icon on my screen. I see that could present a problem......if I have to choose each time I go on line which browser I want to use. It's just too complicated for me at this point...I hav e all my banking set up with an icon.......and everything else. I am assuming that means I could not use those anymore. Is this right????? LOL Am I complicating this beyond all reason????? Since I am no doubt talking to myself.....I may have to wait for Diana or Cheryl to get on here.....! LOL

I don't think I can answer your question..but

If I use Google (such as now), switch to Internet Explorer my Favorites and saved shortcuts are not there... I'd have to 'load' them again.

I don't use Google Chrome because I think it is too intrusive.. I had it before and don't really notice much difference with regular Google.

Betsey; what brower are you using?

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Tishd

• Quote:

Ann, does this mean I am always to be at the bottom of the pile????? The story of my life!

Are you still playing Solitaire Blitz? I didn't see you in the line up tonight when I went in to play a few rounds!

Now that we have moved to page 2, I don't think you are still at the bottom!

I found that I was spending too much time on games and was getting requests from people I did not know.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Caught up reading....

hi

I slept in today and now feel rummy. I'm going to start painting the ceiling soon and then after lunch it's off to the library, fabric store and grocery store.

Teia; well dang on those people for not cleaning up the kitchen.. I'd be ticked also but would clean it up so I could get to doing what I want to do... put at "Kitchen closed today" sign on the doorways.. tell them why. Not fair to the kids though.

oh, I hate to say this but it's starting to feel a little like fall now. and one of my plants has started it's change in color. It is the first one to do so every year. I don't want fall.... not yet

Cathe; you're a good mom to help Casey when can. I like to do that for Danielle when can and maybe someday will be able to help Dustin's wife and child if he ever has one. I got no help from my mom for the first 14 years of my being a mom. Her motto was "I raised mine, you raise yours". And she only lived 3 miles from us.

When my mother in-law offered to treat me to a week vacation in Mexico with her (all us daughter in-laws had the same offer).. Dale said "go and I'll take time off from work to sit the kids". My mom piped up and said "I'll come over and stay with them one day".. I about fainted; truly I was speechless. Dustin was in school and Danielle was 4. She did it too.

ok, now I gotta get ready to paint the ceiling. I'd rather be weeding with Betsey... bbl

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

Hi Ann... this might make you laugh.. I was laying in bed this a.m. thinking about Dale and wondering if he'd paint today (outside).. and thought of you and Audie. Was wondering how the retirement adjustment was going. It took us a year to get a routine down and his expectations in check.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Betsey and Di - Sorry I didn't make myself clear. You are supposed to take your weight divide it in half and that is how many OUNCES of water you should drink a day. So, a 180 pound person would drink 90 OUNCES of water a day. So sorry for the confusion

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off again:

All Smiles By Cdjohnson

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to oakhills

I feel like I have missed a day...and I really did! Our internet went out yesterday and was not back up until late this morning. Strange thing was that our phone service was out for part of that time, too. They are not connected AT ALL so it felt quite eerie.

I think the time thing on SB.com is because they are located in Mesa, AZ and in the Mountain Time Zone; however, Arizona is exempt from Daylight Savings Time so during the summer their time is the same as Pacific time and in winter it is one hour different. That would also affect the difference in time with the other zones.

Betsey, when sb.com first made all the changes, I was using GoogleChrome to load to my gallery. Lately, IE has been doing just as good for this. I would not bother trying to change. I have IE as my preferred browser, but have google chrome loaded as well. There is an icon on my desktop for it, too, so I just click that when I want to open the different browser. When I close what I am working on there, it automatically revert back to IE. Hope that helps with your questions.

Teia, I would pile all the dirty dishes in a large pan, box or whatever, do my canning and clean up my dishes, and leave their dirty ones for them to clean. I would put them where I did not have to look at them while I was doing my canning!

bbl

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Hi Ann... this might make you laugh.. I was laying in bed this a.m. thinking about Dale and wondering if he'd paint today (outside).. and thought of you and Audie. Was wondering how the retirement adjustment was going. It took us a year to get a routine down and his expectations in check.

Back sooner that expected as I had to respond to this!

A YEAR!! I don't think I will last that long! Today's episode...Lara has a urinary tract infection so early this AM I took her some Cranberry juice and meds that help with the burning sensation. I got back and was ready to have breakfast. Audie was on the phone with someone from the DA's office FOREVER but I waited to eat with him. When I said something about being ready to eat, he wanted to know why his being on the phone was a problem for me getting to eat breakfast. I patiently asked what I could fix him and his reply was that he thought he would combine lunch & breakfast since it was so late. I ate my breakfast and now 2 hours later he wants to know if I am ready to do lunch! BTW, he is making HIMSELF a hot dog!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Betsey and Di - Sorry I didn't make myself clear. You are supposed to take your weight divide it in half and that is how many OUNCES of water you should drink a day. So, a 180 pound person would drink 90 OUNCES of water a day. So sorry for the confusion

Whew!

When I was on Interferon for chemo treatment they warned me I might experience "thirst".. Ha; yeah... Dale kept track for a couple of days unbeknownst to me.. I was drinking a gallon of water a day. That went on for 8 months. He used to tell close people the only exercise I got was my frequent trips to the bathroom..

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to oakhills

• oakhills Said:
  • Sunnydi Said:

Back sooner that expected as I had to respond to this!

A YEAR!! I don't think I will last that long! Today's episode...Lara has a urinary tract infection so early this AM I took her some Cranberry juice and meds that help with the burning sensation. I got back and was ready to have breakfast. Audie was on the phone with someone from the DA's office FOREVER but I waited to eat with him. When I said something about being ready to eat, he wanted to know why his being on the phone was a problem for me getting to eat breakfast. I patiently asked what I could fix him and his reply was that he thought he would combine lunch & breakfast since it was so late. I ate my breakfast and now 2 hours later he wants to know if I am ready to do lunch! BTW, he is making HIMSELF a hot dog!

haha. Dale is responsible for his own breakfast, lunch or combo. I cook dinner for us to eat together but in summer we usually eat separately. He can't stand to stop a project to eat.. so works on and eats when done. I don't mind.

Page 1 of 325 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics