Username Post: Adding dates to my pages        (Topic#1590167)
Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89

Hello all!

I just wanted some suggestions and different ideas on how you ladies add dates to your pages? Pictures would be helpful if you have any

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship (Arizona to California) and I am making a book of all our times spent together. He is deploying in October and my final page will be him coming home. I would like to have dates on all these memories to help remember when everything took place and to look back on for years to come!

I really appreciate your input and help!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Alisa89

Some people use office-style date stamps; I have a cute set of a different type type of date stamp (though I haven't used it yet); often the date is just part of my journaling.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to aquabunny

Thanks for sharing! I was thinking of doing stickers, but I am leaning toward the stamps especially since it will be less expensive. I am going to have some pages with journaling and will add the dates - but not all.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-17-13 10:11 AM
In response to Alisa89

Sometimes I use small stickers, sometimes I hand-write it in with a marker, sometimes I print it as part of the title or my journalling (I do most of my text on the computer). I mostly put it very close to the title, it just works for me.

crichards1
Veteran
crichards1
In response to stick

I either hand write it or use stickers.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to crichards1

Mini calendar pages would be good for deployment, since a lot of deployment time is spent calendar watching and counting down the days.

I have a mini calendar stamp that is a blank calendar and you can add the numbers for the days and add the month name, but I can't find it in the store here to link.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to justowen

Very good idea! While he is deployed I will save letters he send me and add the calendar stamps to it. Thanks for the idea!

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to stick

Do you usually stay consistent or do you change it up with marker, stickers etc. all in the same book?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-17-13 11:48 AM
In response to Alisa89

I stay consistent within a short series of pages (like all dedicated to a specific trip or event), but I don't do whole books on one theme. If I did I think I'd keep one thing consistent and change something else about it - like using the same stamps but different colors of ink or embossing. Or vice versa.

The mini calendar pages are an adorable idea!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Alisa89

Most of the time I hand write it in the lower right hand corner... and occasionally I write it after I journal. This example shows both

Valentine's Day 2013 By Sunnydi

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Sunnydi

I frequently add the date as part of my journaling, sometimes with a date stamp like shown above, sometimes I write the date on the back of the layout....
The other thing you can do, is write the date in the centre of an embellishment, like a flower, heart or star.....

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to kiyawinn

I like to use file tabs when adding the date, as I don't do much journaling. Mostly tho, I just write the date on the back.
I have a punch by McGill but couldn't find it here in the store.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to kiyawinn

Today I actually wrote in a date inside of a tag sticker. Really good idea for dates. Maybe I will go purchase a few of the same stickers or embellishments to add dates to all my pages to keep it somewhat consistent. Thanks for the idea!

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to Sunnydi

Thanks for the picture example. I like those pages! Unfortunately, I do not do much journaling, but for the ones that I do, I will add dates within my writing.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Alisa89

I like the American Crafts Roller stamps. You can put the dates, and then there is also sentiments on the roller stamp as well that you could add. I have some different colored label stickers I found at target and I just stick those on my page, and then stamp my date and sentiment on those.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsrogers52513

These are available in a lot of scrapbook stores:

GRANNY - THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO ME! 3 By Henri Jean

Juneau, ALaska - Right Side By Henri Jean

San Antonio River Walk By Henri Jean

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks for your input and sharing everyone! I do like the little calendar idea! I will have to go look for some today after work!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Alisa89

Those usually come in when calendars for the next year come into the stores - I would say in the next month or so they should be getting 2014.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I like those little calendars as well! Thanks, Henri, you always come up with just the right thing. Another idea is to just use your label-maker (every scrapper has a label-maker, right?) and put the date at the lower corner of the page. Like using a sticker, but using a label-maker instead.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

That is a good idea. Guess I'd better put a label-maker on my wish list.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89

Oh no - I am going to need 2012. I will have to look online if the stores no longer carry 2012.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to dwelch

That is a good idea. I will have to ask my roommate and best friends (who also love to scrap) have one I could use.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Alisa89

Also, some companies make generic calendars, some without years and some even without months, some as paper sheets to be cut apart (like the backsides of the Simple Stories and Graphic 45 papers below) and some as individual pieces.

Also, I did find some 2012 stuff still available.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by aquabunny on 08-19-13 03:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to aquabunny

Thanks so much!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I've seen the little calendars at HL, and Archiver's also has a few different sizes.

Guru

I write the dates that the photos were taken on the back of the layouts, even if I don't write them on the layouts themselves.

Hobby Lobby sells blank 12x12 calendar scrapbook pages. You could fill in one for every month and then put the layouts behind the appropriate month.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ihacodb

I usually write the date somewhere inconspicuous on the page, or print it with any journalling.

You could print your own small calendar pages, if you need prior years that aren't available.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89

Hm....I have never heard of Archiver's. Must not be in Cali.

Alisa89
Tenant
Alisa89
In response to Bxr-Linda

That's what I have been doing. I think instead of the mini calendars, I am going to write them somewhere on the page.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Alisa89

I write the date in as part of the journaling or embellishment. Then on the back of the LO I write the date I completed the page and sign it...don't all artists sign their work???

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury

Another thought..... most of my communication with my husband while he was deployed was through email or Skype. I would learn how to take screen shots for Skype You can then use some of the previously mentioned ideas to record the date and because of the email, everything will be dated........

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Then on the back of the LO I write the date I completed the page and sign it...don't all artists sign their work???

I do this also

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Sunnydi

I sign all mine too!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics