Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: September Budget Challenge        (Topic#1590543)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the September Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on.

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

My September goal is 100

Wishlist - Inks, papers and Stamps for Christmas cards and Christmas project I have planned

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I spent a little money yesterday (with September funds) and got a new album (needed) and a few fun things from As- clearance sale! The fun things in included stamps (shocker), journaling tabs that work/look like post its, and a honeycomb embossing folder. I picked up some paper too but put it all back because I just don't need it. Not like I need stamps. I always need stamps. Stamps and shoes.

I had my fun and got a good deal on some stamps. I don't NEED anything else so I'm down to $0. Here we go...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to runzalot81

oh stamps are always good! I actually ALMOST bought a Scotland stamp but it would have cost me $15 and I just couldn't justify that for one stamp (YET)

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 08-31-13 09:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I will be back with a budget later.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to tinadn

I'm in thanks again

Budget $300

Wish List: Inks, Cricut Cartridges. Albums one day I might get to buying them lol and what ever else takes my fancy

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to julie101

SB.com is having some awesome sales and free shipping... I tried but only came up with $15 in my cart. Eh. I can live without.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I found some good sales too. Will probably place an order this month. I feel like i need to occasionally since they allow us to use this awesome site. Plus they sent me a $5 off for my birthday.
I will set a budget of $75.
Wishlist: Cricut club, Sizzix Bigz die accordian flip 3-D

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to tinadn

My husband and I are starting an online site and we're hoping to get a retail store front open in the next few months. So far I have spent about $400.

Me personally, I don't plan on anymore than $50 on supplies and crops.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Monique_McCoy

Thinking, thinking, thinking...

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to Kamananui

Well Im already spent $83 on SVG files

$217 left

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to julie101

Count me in. My friend and I are headed to ScrapFest in a few weeks, so I'm gonna set a little higher budget this month. Going to try to finish organizing my craft area this week so I can figure out what I really "need." Although if I can't tell you right now what I need, I probably don't need it. haha. I am going to set a budget of $400 for September.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to mrsrogers52513

New on this challenge. I went over my budget by a lot the past couple of months. This month I am setting a budget of $180. Not sure what I need yet.

I'd like to join. Scrapbook supplies have been a big strain on my budget and I'd like to rein myself in a bit.

Lynne

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to lgtaylor100

Hi Lynne! Welcome to the group.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Welcome Lynne! Keeping track is a big way to contain your spending. Making a plan for your wish list is also a good way to keep it in control. There is always room for spontaneous purchases but think about what projects you want to do this month and then what supplies you will need...experience talking here.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Welcome Lynne! And good luck!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Wow... three days in and Alissa is already busted?? I've suddenly got the feeling of deja vu...

Couldn't resist, Alissa, sorry!

As always... I want Julie's and Amanda's budgets, but have to settle for my own pathetic one...

I'm hoarding my $$$ until Expo in October so this month will be light.... and I'm determined to shop my stash as much as possible!!

Budget: $50
Wislist: Cricut December 25 Xmas Cart, BOY punches, AC Woodables, photo storage boxes, new album

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja love are you feeling okay? If you manage this I will be so proud of you!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Well in that case, Tammy... *puffing up flat chest*
I'll do my best!

(I was about to come on here and say I'm going to cave on the Peachy deal today... five sets of BG brads for $10! Ach... the pressure....)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

now before you cave - think - what would you use them for other than to stare at cause they are so purty indeed

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Wow... three days in and Alissa is already busted?? I've suddenly got the feeling of deja vu...

Couldn't resist, Alissa, sorry!

Oh, no. I did NOT bust. If I spend any more then I will bust. But for now I'm good

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Well I spent a large portion of my budget already.
Cricut class $16
My craft channel special $15
Sb.com order (got $5 off for my birthday) $29

Oops I kinda went crazy...

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to tinadn

I'm doing good so far! I found a few baskets at Michael's for a penny each. So I've only spent 2 cents! I'm not sure I even really need to count that...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Lol Alissa! My mistake, I thought you said you'd busted already...

Speaking of a lack of control... I did cave on the brads... And I can justify them, Tammy! They're part of my BOY embellies need want!!

So for me...
Budget: $50-10= $40

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

My little boy embellie drawer is OUT. OF. CONTROL. Where does this sh!t come from!! I hardly even shop anymore!!!!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

My Winter/Christmas drawer is out of control! I have a problem with Christmas I think. I don't take a ton of Christmas pics...my husband hates Christmas, so I haven't decorated as much as I used to since I've been with him, but I love Christmas so much so if I see Christmas stuff I like, I buy it. I could probably use a lot of it to make cards or to make stuff to sell at a craft show or something.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Maybe we should do an exchange ex:
I have too much ....
but looking for ....
would only cost shipping.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I have too much, everything...
Looking for ....

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

LOL Alissa and good idea Tina! There's always a need/want somewhere with a have-too-much to fill it!

Wait... Amanda, define hate Christmas... Really?! How and more importantly why?!

Ladies my budget is in jeopardy... I'll be at M's all day tomorrow... first time in more than a month that I've willingly walked into a craft store...
Does anyone have a pair of horse blinders I can borrow??? Where's Pat, I know she'd have some...

Now, grant me this at least... I still have $25 of my $50 Mom's Day M's g/c burning a hole in my pocket which I didn't count on my budget this month... I have a feeling that card won't see Sunday morning though...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

yep I'm busted. Just ordered from CTMH.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Someone busted before me!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Sonja the queen of loopholes!

I like that idea Tina but shipping here would be far far too much so I really couldn't take part.
and what from CTMH - we don't have it here and there are things I would soooo love to order so will have to live vicariously through you

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I ordered a Christmas card kit, the Journey stamp set and some ink pads. The stamp set and inks have been on my wishlist for a while. They have a special 3 piece stamp set available only this month I also got with a $50 order along with the normal stamp of the month set too. I keep things on my wishlist just for this reason. Next month I am having a party because they are coming out with a mini holiday book and I want to get the newest Cricut cart for half price.
If it would be any cheaper for me to mail items to you instead of the company, I can do that. Let me know.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

unfortunately I will have to look on ebay because one set in the current idea book is a hostess set - that Wintry wishes.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

that is a cute one

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to tinadn

He just doesn't care for the Christmas decorating and gift giving and all that. He's not into family gatherings, large crowds, or overly excited Christmasy people. It's amazing he's married to me, because I like all of those things! He lets me decorate how I want because he knows I like to do it, but now I just don't do as much because it's not as fun when he's not excited about it or doesn't think what I decorated looks good. Oh well, gotta compromise, right?!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

wow Amanda - I am not sure I could cope. The first time I came to England to visit Ian was Dec 28, 2003 and he specifically bought a tree and decorations and everything (some have gone in the meantime and I hate the tree but I still get warm feelings from it cause he bought it just for me).

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

My husband doesn't care for Christmas except while we are cutting down the tree and actual Christmas day. Everything in between he is a grump. It is a stressful time for him at work. Oh, he does like it when we turn off all the lights in the house and turn on the tree lights. That's about it.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I will set a new mid-month budget of $75.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

a budget for a busted budget - okay I'll go with that (this means of course since she has already busted, Tina thinks we won't notice if she busts twice).

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I knew you will all notice, but want to play along so thought I'd start over

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

ah sweet Tina we love when you play along!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

It's not fun spending if I can't share. LOL

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Maybe we should do an exchange ex:
I have too much ....
but looking for ....
would only cost shipping.

I have too many stamps.

But looking for more stamps.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

lol Alissa!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Yep, Queen of Loopholes here!

I'm not busted thanks to my g/c... but I did get a few things off my list!

Budget: $50-10=$40-15=$25
Wislist: Cricut December 25 Xmas Cart, BOY punches, AC Woodables, photo storage boxes, new album

I got the star confetti punch from MS, but I think I'm going to change it for a different one... I got to try the train one and LOOOOVE it, but can't find it ANYwhere but here! Grrr

And I scrapped quite a bit, though still need to glue some of the stuff down before I share.

Amanda, you are tough as nails! I don't think I could hang either... but thankfully my DH loves Christmas (mostly cuz he gets presents, though considerably less now that Carlo has stolen his spotlight! LOL) He loves going to my parents for christmas because they go all Griswald on the house (TWO trees and more ornaments that'll fit on said two trees, tons of other deco and lots of baking, etc). And, while he's otherwise a miser with our money the rest of the year, at the holidays he's Mr. Charity.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Hello ladies. I'm being a good girl this month. Haven't spent a dime.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I spent $10 on paper today. Got a bunch of dotted swiss blue and green paper. I'm going to be working on a baby album for my friend at ScrapFest next weekend and wanted to start putting some page kits together.

$400 - $10 = $390.

Wishlist:
* Doodlebug Storybook Album
* Baby Boy Papers
* Pink Cameo Cover
* Bo Bunny Magical Elves Collection
* Doodlebug Day by Day Collection

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I haven't spent a dime of my second $75 budget yet this month either

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Actually I thought I was doing good but just looked back and I only set it 3 days ago

Edited by tinadn on 09-11-13 04:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
I haven't spent a dime of my second $75 budget yet this month either

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

lol Tina!

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

Hi everyone -

I joined and then didn't contribute as yet. That is because I am guilty. My monthly budget is $180 and I already spent $242 on the designer we are memory keeper albums. I got seven of them when they were on sale and free shipping. That is because I am alternately working on 7 albums and things were getting confusing without albums to put them in, and I like big binder albums that can hold 60 pages. Excuses, excuses. Now I am done until October. Lynne

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

$242 already!

I should be so lucky!! lol! I'm jealous Lynne... I love those albums, but I always end up getting the Recollections versions at M's...

Speaking of M's... I wondered in yesterday and they had the nerve to show me the clearance bin where HEIDI SWAPP stuff had ended up!!!!
Fortunately for my budget the only mists they had left were ones I already had!
Wish the same could have been said about the punches... I got three old punches I had wanted that were on clearance for a total of $15! Considering each one was $15 regular, I think I got a deal!

Edited by SonjaC on 09-12-13 10:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $50-10=$40-15=$25-15=$10

Yeah, I'm probably going to bust...

Edited by SonjaC on 09-12-13 10:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

Lynne - there is no need here to hide in shame love - we have ALL been there (maybe not to the extent that you were at 242 but we have ALL been there).

Now this is my query for Miss Sonja - how is a garden punch a boy punch? I mean I am all for using flowers on boys layouts really but this just doesn't scream boy at me - I though you meant like airplanes or trains you know - the boundary waters is awesome - I wanted it so bad, bought it about 2 years ago and haven't used it once but I love it!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Yeah, Tammy, that thought crossed my mind (as I swiped my card), but to me they look like sunflowers so I'm gonna make it work somehow! At least for the next couple of years!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

I'm still good.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well you see there is this craft show this weekend in Manchester and well my sil and I are gonna go check it out - not because I need anything mind you but just because it is there - so if I buy stuff that isn't for scrapbooking does it count?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

And you call me the queen of loopholes, Tammy...

And no, I don't think it counts since it's not scrappy-related, Ms. Loopy Loophole!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

punches and Heidi on clearance at M's????
I may have to check it out

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

I never count non scrap related stuff in my budget. If I did, I'd be doomed from day one.

Lynne, congratulations. You made your first trip to the Busted Bench. Now Tina has company.

I spent $13.00 on 2 of the big vats of Rock Candy Distress paint. It's for a group craft project, so I probably could have wiggled out of the charge to my budget if I were Sonja, but I'll take the hit.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Wait, did I even set a budget this month?

Budget: $75

Wish: Rock Candy Distress paint, WRMK Envelope maker thingy, Recollections enamel dots, Say Cheese PP, and some Prima wood veneers

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

I obviously don't use my crackle paints enough. I opened my Picket Fence and the hard paint pulled the brush clear away from the cap My favorite Tattered Rose is ruined too.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Alissa, you can add water to them, and they should be just fine. At least that's what I read.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Kamananui

You guys all crack me up! I did spend some money today, but most of it was for a project I am hired to do. The person paid me a deposit and I bought most of the paper and a few other things for it. I have to go through my receipts and see how much "I" actually spent. I did buy a storage cart from M's and an envelope punch board, that is for the project I was hired to do, but did also buy it because I know I will use it after as well.

BTW, M's is having an additional 25 - 50% off all their clearance. If it has a blue sticker its 25% off, and 50% of red stickered items. I got a storage cart with 10 drawers and a shelf for $23! Once I have all my receipts gathered, I will post an update on my budget!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well I am going to buy the Moose his birthday present - we are really fascinated by this Sweet Poppy Stencil stuff and he has a list he wrote somewhere with the stuff we/he would need for it. I am going to a craft show today or tomorrow and they will be there so gonna get him some stuff.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to SonjaC

Alright, got all my receipts together and figured out. For the project I was hired to do, I spent $9 of my own money, not including the WRMK Envelope Punch Board - I decided to just take the hit for that. I spent $16 on some new Stickle colors and some Liquid Applique, $23 on a storage cart, and $15 on the WRMK Envelope Punch Board. I still haven't bought anything on my below wish list...lol.

Previous Budget $390 - $63 = $327

Wishlist:
* Doodlebug Storybook Album
* Baby Boy Papers
* Pink Cameo Cover
* Doodlebug Day by Day Collection

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Alissa, you can add water to them, and they should be just fine. At least that's what I read.

I have added water to mine and it worked.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
  • Kamananui Said:

I have added water to mine and it worked.

I've done this before but some of them seem to have turned into rocks Wouldn't hurt to try anyways.

julie101
Diva
julie101

Well I think I bustard or very close

$160 On cricut cartridge $20 a cartridge they are used but who cares they still work

$15 on Vinyl

Total $185

$32 left

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

what cartridges did you get?

You can't tell us you got all those goodies and not tell us which ones.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

Still sitting on the busted bench. waiting for October. Using up what I already have which is a lot.

Lynne

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

I spent more money. Ugh. The whole point of having a higher budget this month was so I would have extra to spend at ScrapFest. Although, I do work everyday now until ScrapFest, so hopefully I won't spend anymore until then. Only 4 more days! I don't have the receipt on me of what I spent, so I'll update tonight!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Went to HL yesterday and didn't spend a dime

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

wow Tina I am very impressed!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Good job!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

When I was at work at Archivers on Saturday night, I bought the album for my friend's baby album I'm going to be working on and also picked up some baby boy papers and spent $18. I was also able to cross the Doodlebug Day by Day collection of my wish list because I won it! Yay! Now my goal is no spending until ScrapFest this weekend!

Previous Budget $327 - $18 = $309

Wishlist:
* Pink Cameo Cover

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I would have no paycheck if I worked at Archivers!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

same here

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to tinadn

The way I look at it, is it's okay if I spend my paycheck there. It's better than just having the one job and spending money out of that paycheck for my obsession. I'm working to make the extra money, so that we still have the money from my full time job for bills and stuff. My husband really doesn't want me spending any money on stuff that's not necessary right now since we have a lot of bills to pay and are trying to get caught up...but I feel like I work hard for my money (I work between 60 and 70 hours a week!) and I should be able to spend a little bit on myself. That's the one thing we disagree on. But I just say maybe he should get an f'ing job and maybe it wouldn't be so bad. And I know he's trying, but he has a lot of medical issues and not much education and I know he's not lazy. Sometimes I just get frustrated when I'm working and he's telling me what I can't spend money on.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Amanda girl - hugs!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Amanda, you do work hard! You deserve a treat once in a while to keep you motivated to keep on working so many hours a week.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Very funny Kelly! You know you wish you had my loophole skills!

OMG... a storage cart for $23, Amanda?!? Must go check that out!! I still have a little money on my gift card left, AND I just came into quite a bit of money for my bday soooo will have to use that up!

Oh Amanda, hugs from here too! I sympathize on the hubby deal, though we both do work. Mine has medical issues as well, but he tends to over-dramatize them some and use them as an excuse to try to make me feel guilty about going scrapping or to Expo or other things that leave him with our baby. But the way I look at it, I'm a mom and caregiver 24/7 and a worker 40-50 hours a week so I should be allowed a little me time every so often!

Out of curiousity, (and please feel free to tell me to butt out), what's the medical condition? My DH's is a rare autoimmune disease that has wreaked havoc on his lungs and GI tract as well as playing with his joints similar to arthritis. Nasty thing, really and of course no cure. We live for doctors appointments, therapies and test results in our house!

Actually I saw M's has a great deal on albums and storage and a 50% off coupon this week... my budget is definitely in jeopardy...

Okay I take that back, it's gone... just checked evilbay and the four carts I bid on Friday night (on a whim), I won all four!!!!
I got Life's a Beach, Happy Hauntings, Team Spirit and December 25th. I actually won two Life's a Beach and Happy Hauntings , but my coworker who just got her Gypsy is buying those so no harm done!

Tina, I'm so proud of you (and awed)!

Tammy, how did the craft show go??

Have fun at Scrapfest, Amanda - you deserve it!!! And I'll bet $300 will go super fast! I'm setting the last of my bday money aside for Expo in October....

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I didn't go - sil was busy with a plasterer and it was over an hour by bus and not where I thought and weather was ********

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh but I spent $5 today on digital downloads

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

hmmm - that appears to be my first purchase this month so $100 - $5 - $95

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Gee, Tammy... did those $5 downloads happen to have anything to do with Giant's stuff???

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to SonjaC

He has an abdominal hernia that has been operated on 5 times and is STILL bothering him. He also has chronic general pain. He hasn't had insurance for over 10 years, and he just got added to mine when we got married in May, so we are still going through the process of finding a doctor that will work for him.

We went to one doctor for a physical and to see if he had any answers about the pain, but this doctor basically didn't care. He ran tests for Lyme's and Rheumatoid, but those came back negative so the doctor said he's fine and to come back in a year. He did give him a script for Chantix, and thankfully that is working. He is 33 and has been smoking since he was 12. Everyone that has passed in his family has died from emphysema, so we are hoping to break that trend. We also got referred to another doctor for a vasectomy, and he really liked that doctor, unfortunately he is not taking new patients besides vasectomy referrals. We have an appointment with another doctor coming up for a second opinion about the pain and to get a referral to a surgical doctor.

He's just in pain all the time, and he doesn't want pain meds - which is the first thing the doctors think when its a brand new patient....think they are just doctor shopping to get pain meds. He wants to find out what the problem is and FIX it. It's just painful to watch the person you love be in pain and there's nothing you can do about it! So I do the only thing I can - work my ******** off for both of us so he doesn't have to and possibly be in more pain.

His friend did get him a job working at a gas station third shift so he wouldn't have to do any lifting and stuff. It's a new gas station by our house that hasn't opened yet, so he is just waiting to hear when he is supposed to start training and all that. He will be working like 3 nights a week, so I think that will be okay for him.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

no Sonja - that was stuff from my stash I was saving to do my own Giants page! LOL

It was some SU stuff - Natural Compositions overlays and natural Vintage buttons

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

I have to buy adhesive today. I think that's allowed.

Lynne

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh Amanda I completely sympathize with you! It is SO hard to be the caregiver and especially the sole source of income! Bless you and your DH and I really sincerely hope the new doc finds out what the problem is. Could it be Fibro perhaps? Friend of mine was just diagnosed with Fibro of the jaw. She went through six different doctors before one finally found it! We went through three in the process of getting him cleared for esophogeal repair surgery when his GI doc stumbled on scleroderma and sent us to a rheumatologist - who is wonderful. Nearly two years later he finally got the surgery. It fixed the acid reflux and stopped the lung scarring, but the damage is already done and his last pulmonary function test put him at 43% lung capacity.

I think the hardest part for me is remembering what he used to be like (gym rat, surfer, snowboarder, rock climber, mountain biker, hiker, kayaker, etc, etc, etc) and now he does NONE of them. At least part of the reason, in my opinion is because he's giving up on it all and not forcin himself to try at a slow pace, but at the moment he physically can barely walk up the stairs without holding our son and he gets winded and starts coughing. It's earth shattering! (And the saddest part... he's never smoked a day in his life!)

We're by no means anywhere near 'there', but sounds like we're further along than you two. Keep up what you're doing, make time for yourself (regardless of the guilt trips!), continue to support and encourage and stay as positive as you can. And get him to quit smoking!!!! Oh, and feel free to vent, that's what we're all here for and odds are there's someone here who understands!

Yep, Lynne, adhesive doesn't count unless you want it to!

My budget is in jeopardy... going to the big M's today... PUNCHES and ALBUMS ONLY!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Hi ladies, work is kicking my butt. bbl

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Lynne, we never count adhesive.

Sonja, everyone wishes they had all of your loop holes.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to SonjaC

Thanks so much girl for all the kind words! The only good news is that I checked the claims online for my health insurance and after his vasectomy his deductible is almost met...so at least the rest of these visits won't cost as much!

I feel like he's doing a little better since he has started the Chantix. Its probably been about a month, maybe a little more since he's last had a cigarette. I just feel like he's a little more positive - I don't know if its from not smoking, or if he's just being more positive because he knows it basically kills me that there isn't anything I can do to help him. I'm already on medication for anxiety and depression, and not being able to help someone you love when they are suffering is one of the worst feelings I've ever had, and he knows that. So hopefully we are starting to move in the right direction!

I'm working at my full time job tonight, and working a shift at Archiver's Thursday night, and then I have 4 entire days off....4 entire NEEDED and WELL DESERVED days off. I'm going to get away with my friend to Mall of America for ScrapFest, and my husband is going to spend the weekend with his friend watching football and playing video games or whatever they do. I'm glad he's gonna get out of the house and see his friend - I think he needs it as much as I do.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100

Hi everyone -
So, I went to AC Moore to buy adhesive because they usually have it on sale. I spent ten dollars on 4 tombo refills and guess what bought nothing else. I didn't even go into Michael's which is next door. Also Joanne's is right across the hiway. Imagine having three stores within 5 minutes of each other and all of this within 10
minutes of home. I am so proud of myself that I exercised self restraint. Yay for me.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh that's so wonderful Amanda!! Wow, four whole days of freedom??? I wouldn't know what to do with myself! No... I lie... I'd know exactly what to do!!
That's wonderful that your dh has a friend he can escape to! That's more important than people realize. Mine doesn't have friends... much to my dismay as I'm the social one (and thankfully our son got that from me!) DH's brother used to be his BF, but his brother has turned all weird and they haven't hung out in years. Really sad! I try to get him to go do stuff, but alas no luck. So great for your dh for going to his friends' while you are gone! It will be so good for you both individually and as a couple!

Lynne
Mad kudos to you, Lynne for the sheer strength of will! I know for a fact, with all those temptations so close, I would have caved!

I didn't go to M's yesterday, but I did go shopping at Macy's (another M) with some of my bday money... My wardrobe needed a few new pieces since having a baby mutilates your body... Love my boy, but dang... WTH did he do to my hips and waistline!?!

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

wow Lynne - that is amazing!

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513

Great job, Lynne!

I'm getting stuff ready to leave for ScrapFest tomorrow. I'm getting some titles cut from my Cameo for my friend. She is going to be working on her honeymoon scrapbook, so I offered to cut some titles out for her. My MIL is sleeping now so I don't want to keep cutting - I will have to finish in the morning. I'm going to design some titles for the baby album for my other friend that I'm going to be working on and getting some page kits put together tonight. So, I won't be back around until Sunday night or Monday morning. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Have fun Amanda!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics