Username Post: September HOARDERS Challenge: Indian Summer        (Topic#1590635)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

The Scrappy Supplies Hoarder, you know who you are! (And, be honest, we're all guilty of it at one time or another!) Do you have one or two (or more!) coveted papers or paper lines that you just can't cut into?! How about a pad of papers you haven't touched, but had to have? Do you have a special package of embellies you simply refuse to use? Well this challenge is for you! Your challenge is to step up, admit to your hoarded supplies and USE them!
*Rules* Here's what to do to enter:
1. Bite the bullet and create a page, card or project with a supply item (or two, or three) that you've hoarded for at least a year. Your hoarded 'supply' could be anything - embellishment, paper, an old Cricut cartridge you bought, but never used.
2. Post your project here for us to all cheer you and clap you on the back!
3. List or link the hoarded items you used with your post so we can go search our stash for them!
**Enter as many times and as often as you like, this is an open challenge with no sign-ups necessary!
** Optional Twist: (For bragging rights really...) I don't know about you, but in Southern California, 'summer' - i.e. the oppressive, triple-digit heat - came late this year, so I'm pretty sure we'll see an indian summer this Fall. SO let's take one more month to really nail down all those summer photos we took! (Personally I have more than 200...)

View Challenge Here: September HOARDERS Challenge: Indian Summer

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

I joined!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Sewflake

Hi Sonja! - I've been waiting for this like a vulture, because I worked on two of the sb.com challenges over the weekend, and both were a hoarder's dream! Here's what I created:

Girly By NMscrapper
This BoBunny collection is from an old kit that I've had three or four years. So old that it's not available here anymore.

New "Do" By NMscrapper
Same with this Spring Market stuff, been around a long time. Great to use some of it up.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to NMscrapper

I'm so in I have box up all my old stuff and this month al about using it as I ran out of room to store the new stuff

Governor
In response to julie101

Thanks for the link Sonja - I'm so in!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to boricuapr

Great to see everyone so far and so touched to hear my humble personal challenge is a great inspiration to others!

I rummaged through my old old old stash this past weekend in preparation for next Saturday's crop... now if I can just get things done and not spend the whole time gabbing with the girls...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SonjaC

With half my scrapcrap being stuff I've "hoarded" this should be easy peasy.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-03-13 02:55 PM
In response to dollscrap

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to KimKV

When I started this page I knew hoarders would be an excellent home for almost everything on the page had been hoarded especially the dark yellow paper! And that Cricut cartridge, well I can't remember ever using botanical.

Beginnings By Sewflake

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

I always have something to enter for this challenge because, as dollscrap also stated, half of my supply is hoarded stash! Actually I think more than half because I try really hard not to purchase new stuff.

This time however, I'm going to try really hard to actually create something for the twist!

So I'm in!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

The glitter chipboard letters are a gazillion years old!
Vegas View By Scrapanda

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-05-13 03:59 AM
In response to Scrapanda

acu

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to KimKV

Dropping off a page with old pictures, not saying how old. Old paper from 2009, SU card stock that is at least 5 years old and some of the embellishments.

Baby ME By Sewflake

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

Good Morning!!
MMS!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Doreena

Morning, all! ACU again

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

A lot of old brads on this one!
5 Things I Love About You By Scrapanda

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Scrapanda

ACU!
CUTE pages gals!! I'm percolating on my pages for this weekend...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to SonjaC

Dropping off another, like i said, just about everything I have is old..... some new things on this one but mostly old.

Why I Scrap By Sewflake

Like the background paper, the doily, the glittery flourishes (I didn't think I would ever find a use for those, the flowers, and the vellum.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Love getting those hoarded items used!!

Autumn Splendor By Sewflake

Three pieces of BG Indian Summer papers, those green circle are old old buttons, all three ribbons/lace are one to two years old as well as the journaling block and all die cuts. Now the pictures are much older than that.

Governor
In response to Sewflake

Just realized I didn't upload a few done earlier this month, but here's one from today. bbl with the others!

tfl

Dear Diary By Boricuapr

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to boricuapr

just found this!
Layout made at Scrapfest last fall, sticker from a kit I bought for my oldest son's graduation. He graduated in 08!
Believe By Tinadn

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-08-13 07:25 AM
In response to tinadn

ACU!!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to boricuapr

Zoo By NMscrapper

Almost the end of my beautiful hoarded Basic Grey Cappella collection and other stuff from my stash.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Dropping one off just because, lots of old stuff here. The newest item on here is the picture from last Christmas.

Song of Peace By Sewflake

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

More of those sparkly gold letters and the patterned papers are 7 years old!
MGM By Scrapanda

Stars are 3 or more years old
New York, New York and Luxor By Scrapanda

Edited by Scrapanda on 09-09-13 11:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-09-13 01:07 PM
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Dropping one off just because, lots of old stuff here. The newest item on here is the picture from last Christmas.

Song of Peace By Sewflake

In your description on the facing page you said you needed to get your rings in - I punch my holes before I start the page so that I don't repeat the mistake I made on my first mini - which was do exactly what you said - put things in the wrong place!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to GMFTS

Sharon, I totally have that BG line (the whole blasted thing) that I am still hoarding like the dickens! They are perfect for my wedding photos, Grand Canyon and Yellowstone trips, but I am too chicken to cut into them.

There I said it...

Tabs open and off to cu on love! I have a couple pages that are just waiting for me to attack them with glue and then I can upload!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

Here is another - all the halloween stickers are a couple years old!
Bruce Willis' Outfits By Scrapanda

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-12-13 10:24 AM
In response to Scrapanda

ACU

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to KimKV

Blue metallic wire - so old I can't even remember! First time I have used it!
Waterfalls By Scrapanda

Stickers are a couple years old
Journey By Scrapanda

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Scrapanda

Way to keep us going, Amanda!

I keep looking at my pages I worked on last week and sighing cuz I haven't had the time to finish them yet!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

Doesn't include the twist but since almost everything on here is a hoarded item I will share.
The only thing not hoarded is the black BG and the Chevron paper:

Jr Year By Doreena

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-13-13 11:01 AM
In response to Doreena

Oh Sonja I know what you mean. I have been looking at a lo in odd moments but not only don't have the time I am not sure which way to go with it now.

Hope to scrap this weekend.

ACU

Governor
In response to GMFTS

Just DO 2 more.

Mr. Peraza was a good friend of my father and we have kept in touch after my parent's deaths, even though we had never met - that is until 2010 when I noticed a gentleman with a Cincinnati baseball cap sitting in the front row of a tour bus in Puerto Rico (we were in the last row). When the bus stopped for a photo op I asked if he liked the Reds or was he from Cincy. He answered yes to both and I looked at him really funny since most people from Cincy don't have heavy Spanish accents and everyone knew my parents since dad started the Hispanic Chamber and mom was Ohio Commissioner for Spanish Speaking Affairs. So, silly me asked what part of town, where do you work, you may know my parents, what's your name?? The last thing I expected was thinking "I know this voice" and then to hear his name. He and his wife were more surprised when I mentioned my parents names. I didn't even have to mention the Remembrance Angels I stitched for them. They apologized profusely that they were unable to fly in for either of my parents funerals. We had everyone on the bus crying and clapping.

The heart photo is us in front of the trolley and the other is my son at Broadway Station giving them an angel for their Christmas tree.

Send me a pm with your email if you want a copy of the pattern to make your own, or find a copy of Stitcher's World Dec/Jan 2002. It has a stocking on the cover. I used to stitch models that were used by the magazine.

The photo of Mr. Peraza was Time Magazine's #2 fo 2010 and literally behind Prince William and Kate's wedding photo on the cover of that edition, but this pic had a 2-page spread. This year it was #23 in photo of the century.

bbl to ACU!

We'll Never Forget By Boricuapr

Peraza By Boricuapr

scrapping_in_AK
Diva
scrapping_in_AK
In response to Scrapanda

I've been hanging onto this beautiful Authentique paper and Dusty Attic chipboard clock.
[image] Sun. Sand and Waves By Scrapping_in_AK[/image]

Edited by scrapping_in_AK on 09-13-13 03:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to scrapping_in_AK

DO another double layout

bbl to ACU

This is really the left side -
Grand Canyon #29 Right By Boricuapr

Grand Canyon #29 Right By Boricuapr

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 09-14-13 04:21 AM
In response to boricuapr

ACU

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

Mt Whitney Trail By NMscrapper

Et Cetera, Et Cetera and more Et Cetera. Don't know how I got so much of it!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

I created a layout that includes the twist...finally...whoo-hoo!
This is my hubby in Vegas this past July.
More info in the description.

You Make My Heart Sing By Doreena

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-15-13 06:52 PM
In response to Doreena

Here is one that should be called Heritage for the old embellies. When I first started scrapping I started collecting embellies that I knew I would use on heritage pages and now that I occasionally scrap heritage I am finally getting to use them. Of course I never stopped collecting so I have to scrap more.
The newest embellish on here is the clock face which is from last year - I think the button looking brads are from then too and I know the wood border and word are from studio calico last fall or winter but the rest are from a long time ago. I wish I could get my hands on some more of those copper letters.
The pp is Echo Park from 2011 or '12.
My grandpa is from 1880 and I only wish I could be hoarding him.

Grandfather By GMFTS

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to GMFTS

Acu to here

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to GMFTS

Here is a lo I did with mostly old stash....I'm not sure anything (other than the ATG adhesive) is newer than a year old.

KS Cowboy By Justowen

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-16-13 06:23 PM
In response to justowen

Here's another one I did yesterday but had to wait for some sun after work to get a picture.

It's all old stuff except the cs base:

Carry On By GMFTS.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GMFTS

Indian summer to me means football - are you ready for some?
Just for our beautiful hostess with the mostess this month
2013 -Little Giants Fan (not a Seahawks fan) By Ladybing Tammy

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Bahahahahaha!! I love it Tammy!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Lots of old stuff on this one, including the picture. The only thing that is new are the papers oh, and the big bling at the bottom of the page.

I Love Your Smile By Sewflake

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Sewflake

TAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You crack me up, girl! I seriously did a triple-take there... wait.. that's MY kid surrounded by Giants stuff!! Since they're not in the same division (and I've had Eli on my fantasy team three years in a row) I suppose I can allow it! Next weekend I'll post the whole photo as it's got DH and DS BOTH doing the Touchdown dance!

AND you got Miss Courtney out of Addie's nursary! We missed you Courtney!! Love seeing your little girl growing!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to GMFTS

Okay... after the innitial shock here... I can get cu on and chatter!

Loved signing on today to see all your beautiful work!! I've got a good challenge twist for next month so keep 'em coming!

Welcome Scrapping in AK! So glad you were able to join!

Welcome Jenny, love that two-pager! And I have KS photos I can totally lift that with! TY for the motivation!

Sharon, Carol and Mary, beautiful as always!

Doreena, I still can't believe you have a high schooler!!

Boricua, loved your pages!! Such a moving photo (I remember seeing it online somewhere...) and what a wonderful project you coordinated and such a small world to meet Mr. Peraza like that! Beautiful story and pages!

Okay I am acu and going to get some work done before coming back to upload my pages from the last two weeks! I finally got to finish the pages I did and made another two!

Sending you motivational bubbles, Mary!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

Another from me: the doily like sticker/tape and the heart tape on the journalling block are ~4 years old. Background paper is over a year old.
The Dress By Scrapanda

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Scrapanda

JCI!
I'm a little behind on love but I will get there!

Oh I just realized, this is the only time I can use "little behind" in a sentence that describes me! Hahahahahahah!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

A couple more - hoarded items listed in descriptions:
Limo By Scrapanda

Bride to Be By Scrapanda

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Okay... after the innitial shock here... I can get cu on and chatter!

Loved signing on today to see all your beautiful work!! I've got a good challenge twist for next month so keep 'em coming!

Welcome Scrapping in AK! So glad you were able to join!

Welcome Jenny, love that two-pager! And I have KS photos I can totally lift that with! TY for the motivation!

Sharon, Carol and Mary, beautiful as always!

Doreena, I still can't believe you have a high schooler!!

Boricua, loved your pages!! Such a moving photo (I remember seeing it online somewhere...) and what a wonderful project you coordinated and such a small world to meet Mr. Peraza like that! Beautiful story and pages!

Okay I am acu and going to get some work done before coming back to upload my pages from the last two weeks! I finally got to finish the pages I did and made another two!

Sending you motivational bubbles, Mary!

Awww your too kind! Yes, he is a senior and technically he is 18 years old too!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Doreena

oh my gosh Doreen - no way would I guess that!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• Ladybing Tammy Said:

Thanks Tammy!
And, well, it's probably because I had him when I was 12...
Kidding! Kidding!!!!!! LOL!

I'm actually coming up on my 38th birthday...next month.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Another layout that includes the twist.

The fireworks stencil I used to create the border at the bottom of my title/journaling block is over 2 years old and has never beeen used before this.

July 4th Summer of 2013 By Doreena

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:

I know, RIGHT?!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to SonjaC

Why have I never joined this challenge before?!! I am really trying to not hoard supplies, but this might be the PERFECT color of brown for something I might make sometime later!

This one the solid pps are so old I don't know where they came from, and the ribbon I've had longer than I've been scrapping.
Fountains Abbey - Yorkshire By JustLyn

This is made entirely from stash over 3 years old (except the jewels in the tiny flowers)
My Girl By JustLyn

I will be getting caught up this weekend, and I'm sure I'll be a regular now!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to justLyn

Welcome Lyn! Glad you've found us and great entries!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to SonjaC

Here is another

Expect for the photo and black cardstock everything is hoarder

Five By Julie101

Edited by julie101 on 09-21-13 11:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to julie101

Happy Sunny Day. Here's another one.

bbl to acu

James Harney 1934 By Boricuapr

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to boricuapr

acu to here

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to boricuapr

Another page done and like most of what I do about 50% is older stuff. Guess I hoard lots of things or is it that I just buy too much??
Just Breath By Sewflake

Don't you just love the lace along the bottom? I bought a whole roll of that a few years ago.....30 yards goes a long way. Then those SU metal things, I think I have them in every color! I hated using the last of my wooden gates but something else will come along! Not too many taupe pearls left either Well, old punches and cutters don't often get used up but they do quit working sometimes.

Governor
In response to Sewflake

I don't think I posted all of mine since it's automatic on challenge site.

To My Friend By Boricuapr

bbl to acu

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to boricuapr

Monkey See Monkey Do By NMscrapper

Graphic 45 "Tropical Travelogue" that I've had since it first came out years ago. I hoard all of my Graphic 45 because I'm AFRAID of it! Too much vibrant color and pattern, I guess. LOL!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Woohoo, you all have been busy little bees!

Love all the entries and lots of tabs open to sprinkle some love!

Boricua, no worries, I go into the challenge gallery and comment too so I haven't missed yours.

You bring up a good point though. Everyone, don't forget to link your projects to the challenge in the gallery and be sure to zip over there and check out entries that weren't linked in the thread.

Happy Monday all!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

JCI and sprikling love!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to boricuapr

Well I've been hoarding the die cut pp for what SEEMS a long time but I realized after I made the layout that it may not have been a year....long enough for sb not to carry it anymore but probably less than a year..so if it doesn't qualify then it's for sharing.

DD1 at her graduation in June...the highlight of the summer!
Cherished Moments By Dollscrap

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to dollscrap

I'm not that much of a stickler about the rules, Jeannie, since there are no prizes (other than bragging rights) in this challenge! Count it!

acu here and about to drop a bomb...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

what bomb is that?????????????

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to tinadn

another from me. If there is any paper I really hoard, it is this timepiece collection!

Here is where our {story} begins By JustLyn

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to justLyn

Tina, the bomb I've been trying to upload since YESTERDAY!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

o silly me, I misunderstood

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

LOL Tina! SO it took me till last night to get all my pages uploaded! Didn't realize I did nine projects/LOs this month!!

Here are a few with hoarded items:
Handsome Groom *G45* - 2 pager By SonjaC
Pretty much everything here is hoarded... the papers alone are at least three years old! And that Jolee title... 2007 when we married! LOL! Been hoarding the whole dang idea since I did my bride two-pager a couple years back!

You and Me By SonjaC
This MME paper is at least a year old...

And this one is going to be our October inspiration! (Which I will post shortly... NOT late for once!)
SWING By SonjaC
THe LO itself has been sitting in time out for probably four or five months - not quite a year, but I finally revisited it and finished it!

Edited by SonjaC on 09-30-13 02:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to boricuapr

Okay, here's October's Hoarders challenge:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15912...
Couple more hours to enter and then we'll see you in Oct!

Edited by SonjaC on 09-30-13 02:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

movin' on over after leavin' some luv

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics