Username Post: Whats your favorite feature in your scraproom?        (Topic#1590719)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I would love to know what's your most favorite feature of your scraproom/scrapspace and why? How does it work for you? Where did you get the inspiration for it? Was it a garage sale find for storage? Is it a particular configuration of furniture? Is it the fact that you share or dont share your room? Is it the miles and miles of paper you own? The sunny window you look out of?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Juansmom

My card catalog, no question.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to aquabunny

My behind-the-door shelving!

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/09/ask-cindy-scr aproo...

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to cindy312

My desk. I searched & searched for the maximum desk top as well as storage. The desk I chose flairs out on one end & has 2 drawers & a filing cabinet underneath. I LOVE IT! So much work space & cleans up beautifully!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to flwrgrl

Nothing right now. I am saving up for a makeover next summer. My room has ugly gray furniture and walls that are desperate for paint. I do have one piece of small furniture from Mike's that contains happy supplies and it is white... much better than the ugly gray office furniture.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to pinkpaperairedale

My flat files. I have 2 sets, 5 drawers each and they make up the base that my butcherblock table sits on. I got them for free when my husbands office moved a couple months ago and didn't want to take the "old" furniture to the "new" office. I got my shelves the same way a couple years ago when they moved the first time.

I just took pictures of my scraproom re-do a few minutes ago and am going to try to get them posted this weekend - hopefully some tonight!

heidihug
Resident
heidihug
In response to Juansmom

My new craft table , no doubt. I love it.

Edited by heidihug on 09-06-13 03:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to heidihug

My homemade desk... everything is right there that I use most often.. and it is big enough for 2 if need be. And it sits high and I face the window so I can see outside. I love it.

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to kajunkat

The table I have both of my Cricuts on. It's so handy to have them both set up and ready to go when inspiration hits! And I think that I got this table at Target for $39.99, so the price was right!

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to dsouza

My cart that holds my cricut and my silhouette and has 8 drawers. Plenty of room and I have room to grow. I got this cart for Christmas last year, and because of it, I have done a lot more scrapping. LOVE IT!

Cricutgirlg
Guru
Cricutgirlg
In response to Juansmom

My sticker stands are my favorite features of my room. There are 2 that are 6'ft tall and they hold so much! Then I have several smaller ones that are organized by themes. They all allow me to stay organized. They are my favorite items.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Cricutgirlg

that it is my own space that I could paint a violet color and make as playful and girly as I like without dh's sayso.

also when I open the door, LOVE that 'paper' smell

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to lifethroughalens

Can you post a picture of your cart or tell me the brand and where you purchased it? Sounds like it might be even better than my table and save some space!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to dsouza

I love my old beat up solid wood desk and all the shelving stacked on it. It is so handy to get to everything and I have plenty of space to work and I don't have to worry about keeping it perfect.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to KatieJo

I love that most of all our favorites seem to be "repurposed" from something or somewhere else or that we created ourselves!!! Funny tho, that no one has said "my plastic storage bins" or something equally conspicuously consumptive!!!

My favorite, which will prob change, is the fact that my "Playroom" and my sons' "Playroom" are the same room...he can play on one side, while I "play" on the other. The Playroom is part of our finished basement, heated, carpeted, and televisioned. We like to go down and relax together. Other than that, i'd say my storage cabinet. I got it as a hand-me-down from my brother. It has four cubicles on top that are 13x13, and four drawers on bottom that are similarly sized...kinda like the Ikea Expedit with drawers. It holds paper stacks, photo boxes, iris boxes, my cuttlebug, markers, stamps, and [email protected] that I havent sorted/decided to scrap yet. Its huge, and it was free!!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to Juansmom

Gotta love free, Juansmom! If you are a recycler, then scrapbooking is right up your alley, isn't it?

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to dsouza

But I also really do like my plastic Super Satchel Art Bins too! Does that make me "conspicuously consumptive"?
Products Referenced in This Post:

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to KatieJo

LOL! I think everyone should have a blend of old and new storage!

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Juansmom

I would have to say that my favorite feature is the table I got from Walmart. It is so great to have a space to leave "works in progress!" Of course I live in a house of all boys so I really love my chandelier in the room that makes is an official "mom cave!" LOL

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Vintageivy

All my paper! I love how it feels and smells!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

I had to buy a new computer desk since we moved & everything was built in at the old house. I found such a pretty antique white good size desk that came with the hutch. It is by Sauder. It is gorgeous & double wide. I do not use it for scrapping but I do use it for my cameo too. I got it at Walmart.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to mrsrogers52513

i like that everything is within reach from my chair.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Lamoo12

I love my chair! It is a Stokke and you kneel on it. It has slippery feet so it slides along the carpet like wheels when I want to move around. And it's adjustable so if I want to do computer work I raise it up.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

My craft table. It's actually a large butcher block that used to be in the kitchen of my previous house. A large stand-up worksurface with three shelves, doors that open on both sides with some slide outs. Also, an additional pull out table that you can sit at. It gets more use now than it did in the kitchen!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to t-scraps

I love my counter height table. I like to stand when I scrapbook. I do have stools but I rarely use them. I also love my good old fashioned office type paper cutter. No blades to change and it's on the counter ready and waiting at all times.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to olleharr

I really like these magnetic mats. I say these cause I have 2! and I bought a bunch of extra little magnets. The great thing is I can leave a half done layout right out in the open for days. Nothing will move or blow away because the magnets are holding everything in place.
PS basic grey's may be discontinued but there are other magnetic mats out there.
Products Referenced in This Post:

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I had the BG one, but got the WRMK one....it's bigger and it's pink!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I have so many things I love about my room,,but I think my Paper storage is one of the favorites. My hubby Brought it home for me cause he thought it would be perfect for me to use for paper. His work was getting rid of it. He painted it white for me and it's a perfect fit.
My paper By Armygirl

Edited by armygirl on 09-10-13 02:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to armygirl

That's so nice!

AimeeInOhio
Pro
AimeeInOhio

My favorite thing has got to be my big pink tool box. We bought it almost 3 years ago. It's a mechanic's tool box from MAC, but every October you can order them in pink for Wrenching for the Cure. It has a stainless steel top and I got an entire peg wall full of stuff into it. It's where I do the messy things- paint, glitter, resin, etc.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Juansmom

my cuddle bug. i love what i can do with it. thx

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

my wall unit and the fact that it's sideways to the desk.
I got an Expedia wall unit made for the TV (off the classifieds - they don't sell it any more) - with a huge space in the center. all the cubes around are perfect for paper and stuff, while the center space has stackable bins, large cropper-hopper and a homemade clip-it-up and the display for the latest favorite layout
expedit +tv By OlesyaK.
the wall unit is sideways to the work space which is perfect - I can reach more than half of the shelves simply by swiveling in the chair)

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to OlesyaK.

My favorite item is a electrical plug. I know that sounds weird. When my DH built my surprise scrap room, we put a built in electrical strip right at my work station. No hunting for a plug underneath. It has been one of the best feature.

My second favorite is a gift from one of the Flapper. It is cover with pockets that fits on a coffee cup. I use that every time. It holds tweezer, glue, poker, distress tool, flannel to clean fingerprints off photos, and eyelet setter. It is so handy!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I got one of the cup holders from Kara too and it is very handy. Has my tweezers and cutterbee scissors and other items like that.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Henri Jean

Wow, love that Expedit unit!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

Is there a place to see the coffee cup cover? website for sale? it sounds like a great idea but I had never heard of that. thanks.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to wilbur

I will ask her where she got it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I'm no help - it was a Christmas present last year.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Henri Jean

Picture?

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to corrie fan

I love all my Expedits that are natural birch colour and next to my light green walls, it makes everything look fresh. I have 2 that are 4x4, one that is 2x4 on its side and four 2x2's

I have a lot of the drawer inserts that have all my goodies close by and I love my 3 Vikka Ammon desks.....

I made a U shaped area where I scrap and I love it.

Pink Spoonbill
Governor
Pink Spoonbill
In response to PhotobearSam

Okay, my friend, Stick, gave me the link on Etsy for the coffee cup thingy. Of course, she gave me the beach one!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LexiBri?ref=l2-s hopheader-name

Hope that helps.

Eager to Scrap
Veteran
Eager to Scrap

I have TWO favorites. My huge pegboard that sits above one of my 'three' desks. Painted it white. Put crown molding around all four edges and painted it black. I have put several hooks on it which holds most of my stickers. I have them in groups of: Birthday, Holidays, Baby girl, etc. LOVE IT! I also love my white square cabinets that I got from Hobby Lobby. They contain a few shelves each. I have stacked them '3'tall and I store my books of paper in them. LOVE IT. The next thing I want to start buying are the clear paper trays for my loose paper. KEEP SCRAPPING AND THANKS FOR SHARING

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Eager to Scrap

Sounds wonderful!

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I love all these favorites!! I wish we had a "like" button on sb.com!!! And ps, I like my art bins n iris boxes too...they fit perfectly on my shelves!!!

Edited by Juansmom on 09-15-13 12:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker

It has to be my table. My mom insisted on getting me a cutting table from Jo-Ann's for Christmas one year and at the time I didn't want it because I didn't have a place for it, but now I love the table for scrapbooking (and occasionally cutting fabric and sewing as that was it's intended purpose :D).

The table has two drop leaves, one on each side. You can configure it with both sides down, one side up or both sides up, so it fits different spaces well. When both sides are folded down it is only about 1 foot wide so it stores compactly. Another big bonus, it is on wheels for ease in moving it.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to Juansmom

I love my tables. DH made them from doors...so I never worry about ruining them. We have had this "office" (craft/scrap room and xbox room) since the boys were little...and they used to love to create too...never worried about paint, hammering, etc. with the doors for tables. They actually still look great...for door tables. lol

Scraproom tables By ScrappinMom4

The best advantage of this room is these guys....we share the space and that makes me smile.

Fave part of my scraproom By ScrappinMom4

New Kid On the Block
In response to ScrappinMom4

I love how these rooms look! I just recently got to move my stuff into a room and I was do excited but I have so much stuff I feel overwhelmed trying to organize it all into a functional space that also looks good. It's not a very big room at all but that pic with the door tables looks great! That's how I want mine to be, with alot of things close at hand but still organized. I don't have any small type shelves with drawers etc its all misc storage/bin type boxes of different varieties on a big black shelf and a smaller wooden one. Than I have a card table in the corner and 2 medium size plastic dressers. Things are fairly organized, but still cramped I'm very visual and want to be able to see the items or at least the ones I use (or would if I didn't forget I had them!) while I'm at the table. Like tools, stickles, inks and stamps, punches etc. hopefully I find a groove that works for me soon.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to MyCraftyAddiction

I love the cabinets in my scraproom because I can close the doors and you see no mess. I also love my worktop. It is two computer table side by side with a kitchen counter top on them. I use the pull-out on the computer table to store my current project. Altogether it cost less than $200. Love it!!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to idlewoman

I have several cabinets in our space too...and *love* closing those doors on the clutter that always pops back up!

dsouza
dsouza 
Resident
dsouza
In response to ScrappinMom4

One thing I wish my scrapbook room had - a comfy chair! One I can curl up in and take a break, watch TV or knit. But if I had that kind of chair in my room my husband really would never see me!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to dsouza

Maybe he'd come sit in your comfy chair and watch TV or something...and you'd see each other even more! Of course you'd have to kick him out eventually so you could sit in it :>)

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora
In response to mrsdriver5

Everything? My dh did over my dd old baby room a couple years ago. I love that I have a whole room just for me-including a computer!!

Stephanie47
Tenant
Stephanie47

My favourite feature is the fireplace during the winter

lcalderone
Resident
lcalderone
In response to Juansmom

My Scraobox purchases! I can't believe how many supplies I can fit in such a small area.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to lcalderone

My die cut center, which holds my Expression, my Create and my Big Shot. But more specifically the two rotating units on each side. They hold a total of 112 cartridges and only take up 12 square inches of floor space each. I now have over 100 cartridges, so the units are both almost full. The carts are alphabetized so I can find them easily. I can't imagine storing them any other way.

Die Cut Center By Dwelch

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

I have two computer tables that are under a countertop. On the part of the computer table that pulls out for the keyboard I am able to use it to hold my trimmer, rulers, cutting mat, and a layout i am working on. When I am done i put my LO on the pull-out part, close it, push my chair up to the counter and you can't even see it. Looks so nice and neat. Love it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to idlewoman

Darla - I think you would love Cricut Craft Room and then you can pack all your cartridges away. That really freed up space for me and I'm enjoying - no, I'm loving my Cricut now. I can whip out a welded title in 2 or 3 minutes now and that is combining several cartridges to get an image! And no more looking at the little buttons on the cricut - its all controlled from my computer with nice big icons!

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to AimeeInOhio

My work table that hubby built for me, and the pegboard hanging just above it. LOVE!

scrap table that hubby built By Hey Jude

Edited by Hey Jude on 10-10-13 11:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-13 12:40 PM
In response to Hey Jude

Everything! I just finally finished putting together my brand new room. I love all the work areas and tons of light...and hard floors with a rolling chair are too much fun

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to Vae

My paper towel holder. No more getting up to clean stamps.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics